Type keyword(s) to search

The Wendy Williams Show - General Discussion

• Start Topic

3 minutes ago, Destiny74 said:

Wendy can't retire entirely.  She thrives on being in the spotlight.  I mean really, did the world need another celebrity clothing line?  No.  Is her stuff that different and new?  No.  She just puts tacky embellishments on clothing already done.  She wanted another way to get out there.  Another way to gain more fanbase.  

What she needs and really wants is a forum that she can control almost completely.  She is shackled on this show because she can't say exactly what she want in the way she wants, she's got to worry about sponsors and network rules.  She should drop the show and start a XM (is that right?) channel like Stern but she would lose fanbase because right now, everyone with a tv can tune in whereas if she went to pay radio, she'd lose a lot of people.  She'd be happier not having to worry about tv standards and practices.

Then again, she'd still be a mess.

However, Wendy has gotten in trouble on the radio. She has gotten fired numerous times. She was run out of New York.  She has gotten punched and threatened, due to her antics, on the radio.  Wendy has a tendency of being very nasty and she is a lot worst on the radio.  She needs to be in a controlled environment, like television.  

• Love 1
39 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

However, Wendy has gotten in trouble on the radio. She has gotten fired numerous times. She was run out of New York.  She has gotten punched and threatened, due to her antics, on the radio.  Wendy has a tendency of being very nasty and she is a lot worst on the radio.  She needs to be in a controlled environment, like television.  

Really?? By who?

She definitely has a nasty streak. 

• Love 1
(edited)
6 minutes ago, Coffeewinewater said:

Really?? By who?

She definitely has a nasty streak. 

A another female DJ, at the radio station where she worked in New York.  Wendy was talking smack about her and she confronted Wendy about it. It did not end well for Wendy. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

A another female DJ, at the radio station where she worked in New York.  Wendy was talking smack about her and she confronted Wendy about it. It did not end well for Wendy. 

Robin Quivers? 

(edited)

I'm pretty sure you're right, it was Angie Martinez, who was/is the queen bee of NY hip hop radio.  My nephew DJ's parties and he told me he met Angie and he talked about her like he met the president.  It was a bad time back in the 90's -- all of the local NY radio stations were at war with each other, rivalries and beefs between the artists made news every day.  Some of these feuds even led to shootings.  Wendy got off easy if all she got was a punch.

Edited by patty1h
  • Love 3
20 minutes ago, patty1h said:

I'm pretty sure you're right, it was Angie Martinez, who was/is the queen bee of NY hip hop radio.  My nephew DJ's parties and he told me he met Angie and he talked about her like he met the president.  It was a bad time back in the 90's -- all of the local NY radio stations were at war with each other, rivalries and beefs between the artists made news every day.  Some of these feuds even led to shootings.  Wendy got off easy if all she got was a punch.

Plus, Wendy also became a liability, to the radio stations, despite the high ratings.  Artists were boycotting her and the stations that she was a part of. She even had beef with Tupac and Biggie Smalls who were royalty, at the time..

• Love 3

Wendy had her minion Charla and her pimp Kev to protect her azz. 

It is surprising  that Angie was not able to break into TV.  Her personality is a heck more tv friendly than Wendy is.

As far as Biggie, always heard that Wendy was one of his many jump-offs. 

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, LIMOM said:

It is surprising  that Angie was not able to break into TV.  Her personality is a heck more tv friendly than Wendy is.

I never heard that tea about Biggie.  I doubt it though.  Biggie and P Diddy were very tight. P. Diddy hated her with a passion. I think that he was the one that caused her to get fired and ran out of New York..

• Love 1
24 minutes ago, LIMOM said:

Angie Martinez Inks Talk Show Deal And Wendy Williams Is Allegedly Furious

Rickey Smiley Morning Show

October 16, 2017

Angie Martinez is known to many as the “voice of New York” and just inked a daytime talk show deal. According to Hollywood Life, when Wendy Williams found out the news she wasn’t very happy. The production company Debmar-Mercury mentioned that things have gotten worse since the news was released.

They said, “She’s not the same bubbly person that she typically is. She looks very sad and is extremely subdued. It’s been painful to watch.” Allegedly the production company as well as executives took Williams and her husband to lunch to tell her the news. After finding out she allegedly began to cry and yell, “This is some bullsh-t.”

Williams and Martinez had a situation in the 90’s while both were hosts on the radio station, Hot 97 FM. The controversy began when Williams posted something about Martinez and her relationship with rapper, Q-Tip. Martinez went to confront Williams and at the next moment she was swinging on Wendy. Martinez wrote all about it in her book, “My Voice: A Memoir”. There isn’t any information on when the talk show will start, but we will keep you posted.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Apprentice79 said:

I never heard that tea about Biggie.  I doubt it though.  Biggie and P Diddy were very tight. P. Diddy hated her with a passion. I think that he was the one that caused her to get fired and ran out of New York..

Yes, always heard that Sean got her fired. 

I thought that she got with biggie at a party. Could be wrong though, it was so long ago and everybody went around. 

So the latest, is that she is going to have an interview with R. Kelly?????

• Love 2
21 minutes ago, LIMOM said:

Yes, always heard that Sean got her fired. 

I thought that she got with biggie at a party. Could be wrong though, it was so long ago and everybody went around. 

So the latest, is that she is going to have an interview with R. Kelly?????

Wendy has been testing the audience about bringing R. Kelly on her show for an interview. It would be really bad for her to do that.  

• Love 3
13 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

Wendy has been testing the audience about bringing R. Kelly on her show for an interview. It would be really bad for her to do that.  

But Wendy does bad well. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, LIMOM said:

You could be right. If Wendy did get with Biggie, that must have been very weird, given that, she used to fawn over his widow Faith Evans and his mistress, little Kim..lol.  She was cool with little Kim, until, they had a falling out.. I do remember  that she used to always big up, Foxy Brown, then, they had a falling out, as well...Wendy and her mouth always offended somebody, one way or the other..

• Love 2
8 hours ago, LIMOM said:

She is definitely thirsty for guess. 

Regarding Kathy, she has been on the View and Howard Stern prior to WW.

It looks like she took inspiration, from the late Joan Rivers( her friend/mentor) to fight back and keep working.

Back to Wendy, she  sometimes follows and promotes the Fox agenda and sometimes she is more her, imo. Strange bird.

Imho, She needs a succession plan.

She hates the job, has the finance to retire and work less. It is Time for her to give someone else  a hand’s up, imo.

and by that, I don’t mean Jerry ;-)

Regarding a succession plan, Wendy should get Nina Parker in a contract.  I think she has the right stuff.  She was on with Wendy recently.  She is often on "Access" on NBC.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

You could be right. If Wendy did get with Biggie, that must have been very weird, given that, she used to fawn over his widow Faith Evans and his mistress, little Kim..lol.  She was cool with little Kim, until, they had a falling out.. I do remember  that she used to always big up, Foxy Brown, then, they had a falling out, as well...Wendy and her mouth always offended somebody, one way or the other..

I applaud you. You have a great memory! 

7 hours ago, Kira53 said:

Regarding a succession plan, Wendy should get Nina Parker in a contract.  I think she has the right stuff.  She was on with Wendy recently.  She is often on "Access" on NBC.

Nina would be a great asset to the Fox network, Shady but professional. 

she is west coast based though.

11 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

It would be one heck of a scoop, if he incriminates himself live on the air, on network tv.

She could bring him down for good or kill her career or both.

must see tv either ways.

• Love 3

I don't even care if R. Kelly ever came on the show.  I already made up my mind about him, and won't believe anything he says.  I also have the impression that any interview Wendy would do with him would be very pandering - she has drunk the Kool-Aid and is brainwashed that this man is innocent/misunderstood/being railroaded, etc.   I want her to skewer him like she'd do to Bill Cosby or one of the other people that she doesn't like... oh, like she would treat that female judge in the Meek Mill case.  I don't see that happening so I DON'T CARE!

• Love 7
1 minute ago, patty1h said:

I don't even care if R. Kelly ever came on the show.  I already made up my mind about him, and won't believe anything he says.  I also have the impression that any interview Wendy would do with him would be very pandering - she has drunk the Kool-Aid and is brainwashed that this man is innocent/misunderstood/being railroaded, etc.   I want her to skewer him like she'd do to Bill Cosby or one of the other people that she doesn't like... oh, like she would treat that female judge in the Meek Mill case.  I don't see that happening so I DON'T CARE!

Wendy should pay in losing, ratings, for giving, that predator a platform to explain away his abhorrent behavior.  If she does that, then, I will never watch her again.. 

• Love 5
(edited)

I don't understand the HT segment about R. Kelly - is she backpedaling about having him on the show now? Did he hear about this possible interview and said "no way!"  She was really vague on that.   Was Wendy really trying to blame young girls for dressing sexy and the parents for "letting" their children get involved with R. Kelly?  Did she not put any responsibility on the 30+ year old man who is knee-deep in the scandal?  Then she started ugly crying because R. Kelly can't read or add, then she dropped the discussion two seconds later. I don't understand any of this.  God, she is from another planet.

My eyes bugged out when they showed that picture of Khloe Kardashian's huge butt, but Wendy has some nerve being shady about someone else who put big bags of saline into their body.  Look in the mirror, woman! 

It has taken some time and thanks to TVBitch for puting a name to it, but I have finally accepted that I am a hate watcher.

Edited by patty1h
  • Love 9
(edited)
On 5/5/2018 at 12:37 PM, Apprentice79 said:

She is obsessed because he told her a secret about his life.  Yuh.  She keeps reminding us of this so we know how important she is.  I just put her back on my DVR after a break of a few months.  Not sure how long I will last this time. 

Edited by Wings
  • Love 6

Watched part of the show today while working from home.  She had on a topic about someone who wrote a Yelp review for a restaurant (take out order that was delivered).  The woman gave a 3 star review (which isn't all that bad), and the owner came to her door.  The owner also kept calling her about the review.  Wendy instead focused on what the woman ordered, and oh that's why you don't order take out.  Then she said well, SHE doesn't pay attention to online reviews.  Ok, your highness.  If it's new, I don't want to spend my money at some place that's going to be awful, so reviews can be helpful.  I don't have bucket of money to waste on stuff that I won't like, so I do a little research first.  Then she kept fussing around with the hem on her dress.  She did it the other times I've watched, too.  Very annoying, like she was trying to discretely show more leg?

Then after the show is almost completely over, she made the announcement that one cameraman had passed away, and was so upset, like gasping for breath (maybe trying to sob?).  Now, if you were that hard hit by it, wouldn't you have been upset throughout the show, or maybe mentioned it first.  Like a nice photo montage if he was that close to you; she said oh he'd been there since day 1.  So you didn't have a few photos or even some little stories to share?  Nah, I don't think she was that upset or close with him.

• Love 4
28 minutes ago, hoosier80 said:

Then after the show is almost completely over, she made the announcement that one cameraman had passed away, and was so upset, like gasping for breath (maybe trying to sob?).  Now, if you were that hard hit by it, wouldn't you have been upset throughout the show, or maybe mentioned it first.  Like a nice photo montage if he was that close to you; she said oh he'd been there since day 1.  So you didn't have a few photos or even some little stories to share?  Nah, I don't think she was that upset or close with him.

First I’d like to respond that I am one of the people who do post restaurant reviews. I take it seriously and try to objectively describe th food and my experience. Last time I went to a fancy place ($400 for 4 people and only one drink each) the food was smothered in a sauce that hadn’t been mentioned on the menu. (Oddly, I couldn’t ask about it because no one approached the table to see if everything was to our liking). Twice we were told that a server would be right over to give us the specials etc and when she got there we asked what the specials are she replied that everything is on the menu...what? They got 3 Stars. I was contacted by the restaurant to retract. Um...no. I have over 40k followers. I try my best to be understandable and honest. I know good food. 

I missed that last segment about her cameraman. I’m outraged. She can cry for R. Kelly (with QTips and Kleenex) and summon up no emotion for a man that was there always trying to catch her best angle on tv for years? Shame on her. You are right. We deserved a quip or story and his family should have been shown some respect from his employer. 

• Love 5

Wendy did act like she was crying, I think she said oh I can't.............but it seemed kind of fake to me.  If it wasn't, then my bad for being too suspicious.  But why was it just at the end of the show if he was so important to her?  I get maybe not to bring the show down, but there are ways to do it and move along.  Show happy pictures, pictures of the crew all together.  

@Mindthinkr, I rely on folks like you, who take time to do truthful reviews, so thank you.

• Love 6

I use yelp and chow hound.  I often get more of a feel for the place from the negative reviews.  Restaurant owners often post good reviews and have friends do the same.  I figure that in to my overall decision to go or not go.  It is very helpful.  

Wendy never leaves her house for cryin' out loud.  She talks out of her ass most of the time.  

I do like Ask Wendy.  She gives good advice for the most part.  

• Love 2

So Wendy is disgusted with Gayle King for publicly saying she's remaining friends with Charlie Rose yet she's sitting in her purple chair crying over an (allegedly) illiterate, perverted sex offender she barely knows. That makes sense...

• Love 12
9 minutes ago, rmcrae said:

So Wendy is disgusted with Gayle King for publicly saying she's remaining friends with Charlie Rose yet she's sitting in her purple chair crying over an (allegedly) illiterate, perverted sex offender she barely knows. That makes sense...

Yeah but, Wendy's friend can't read, write or add so he needs friends.

Actually, that's really sad that a man didn't get basic education as a kid.  I don't know anything about R.Kelly except the pedophilia I have heard about.  But in this day and age, he couldn't learn to read and write, even on the down low?  He was hot s**t in the 90's and 00's.  Why wouldn't he want to rectify his poor education?  I don't know.  Like I said, I know next to nothing about R.Kelly.  Guess I'm off to Google him.

• Love 5

Firstly, let me know when Wendy gives up the cotton swabs. 

@Hoosier80 might be on to something, she is not really crying, too much Botox.

Anyways, RK has to be prosecuted again . Point blank period.

It is not like he ever stopped violating  young underage girls, even after the appalling water sports tape in the 90’s came out and the unsuccessful prosecution. #Time’s up

This is utter bullshit.

Yes, the Chicago’s education system failed him, yes his parents failed him but they did not create this pervert asshole. It is all on him.

He can learn how to read in prison where he can also reflect on the pain, he inflicted upon vulnerable girls and poor women.

Also, special mention to all the enablers who let this shit goes on. 

Back to Wendy Williams, I get why she is emotional. She is about to be an empty nester, she has huge responsibility and she is married to her abuser but for fuck’s sake, enough.

Can’t be one of “her”people until she stops using swabs and stops dogging women and women of color in particular. This shit is not cute.

Mindthinkr: I love reviews and I especially love reviews from civilians like yourself!

Which brings me back to Wendy, I suspect that she is pushing the FOX agenda. No freedom of speech and women back to the dark ages. And of course all the racist bullshit.

PS: this is just my opinion as a viewer.

• Love 5

I fail to see why Lydia B prepared such a basic non innovative dish for TV.  She knows so much more than a bowl of penne with sauce.  Perplexing.    

Jeeeeze Wendy drop R Kelly from your mind and conversation; he is a perverted creep. 

• Love 5
9 hours ago, Wings said:

I fail to see why Lydia B prepared such a basic non innovative dish for TV.  She knows so much more than a bowl of penne with sauce

I agree, but don't forget it has to be something that Wendy will eat/fawn over. Also, it has to be something the viewers can follow because Wendy keeps yapping, interrupting, and generally ignoring her guest. IF Lydia had a say in what she cooked (and that's a HUGE IF), then I can see why she kept it simple...much like her host.

• Love 4

So, according to Wendy, Georgina Chapman, her business partner and their brand, Marchesa, should be obliterated because she was married to a piece of filth. Scarlett Johansson's support of the Time's Up movement is suspect because she is showing support for the women and their brand despite the herd mentality. For the POS ex to have coerced stars of his films to wear those designs is absolutely unacceptable, but that's on him. If the designs are bad, the company will not make it, but to expect everyone to blacklist it because of her estranged husband is garbage.

Also, Wendy, if your tea/sludge/whatever is so distracting that you have to make a thing about it every day, don't drink it on camera. Have a glass of water, regular tea with honey, etc. on stage with you and drink the "lemony" stuff before or after the show. 

• Love 6

Jesus God with Wendy trying to make it through the Taylor Swift story today. If I hadn't already heard about it from other sources, I would have no idea what she was talking about. She had to be straightened out by Norman as well as literally pausing and staring into space several times while they backed the teleprompter up for her so she could try to read it. It was so damn sloppy! 

• Love 8
(edited)
19 hours ago, greyflannel said:

So, according to Wendy, Georgina Chapman, her business partner and their brand, Marchesa, should be obliterated because she was married to a piece of filth. Scarlett Johansson's support of the Time's Up movement is suspect because she is showing support for the women and their brand despite the herd mentality. For the POS ex to have coerced stars of his films to wear those designs is absolutely unacceptable, but that's on him. If the designs are bad, the company will not make it, but to expect everyone to blacklist it because of her estranged husband is garbage.

Also, Wendy, if your tea/sludge/whatever is so distracting that you have to make a thing about it every day, don't drink it on camera. Have a glass of water, regular tea with honey, etc. on stage with you and drink the "lemony" stuff before or after the show. 

The main reason, the Marchesa was so successful is because Weinstein coerced women in Hollywood to wear his wife’s brand.

It is unfortunate for her business associate and the employees at Marchesa, but Georgina is tainted.

Also, if  Georgina cared so much about the house, she would have resigned her position,imo. 

In my sheep opinion,  she reaped the rewards of being married to that person so now she has to suffer the consequences.

Furthermore,  since the brand is privately owned, this is the only way for the public especially women to display its displeasure. 

As for what Scarlett did, wearing that dress was courageous(in her mind) but it is also misguided. Of course, Since she  is the spokes person for SodaStream, it makes me think that Scarlett would do anything for a buck. Ymmv.

To get back to Wendy, she is pretty much a gun for hire at this point. Perhaps, Georgina or Keren Craig can send her a dress accompanied with a bag Of green.

Edited by LIMOM
  • Love 4
19 hours ago, SuburbanHangSuite said:

Rita Moreno is one BAD bitch.  I say that with ALL the respect in the world!

The way she danced out on that stage over to Wendy! And she's 86, whaaaattt! And Wendy can't even walk out on stage normally without worrying about falling or tripping over herself. 

12 hours ago, TVbitch said:

Jesus God with Wendy trying to make it through the Taylor Swift story today. If I hadn't already heard about it from other sources, I would have no idea what she was talking about. She had to be straightened out by Norman as well as literally pausing and staring into space several times while they backed the teleprompter up for her so she could try to read it. It was so damn sloppy! 

That was excruciating to watch. Honestly, the woman is just not good enough to have a show anymore. She's a no talent hack. She can't even spill the tea without fucking up so why is the network bothering with her? I guess she has a contract and as long as she's got an audience full of minions clapping and hollering for her she's good for another 5 seasons. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, bichonblitz said:

I guess she has a contract and as long as she's got an audience full of minions clapping and hollering for her she's good for another 5 seasons. 

I hate that when she smiles like a lizard and tries to “milk it” (her words not mine)  to get them to clap louder, longer or the constant repetition of “How ya doin” over and over. When asked that, she has a reply to the effect of “Better now that I’m here”. She might be 

1) depressed in her almost empty nest and happy to be surrounded by fans

2) away from Bad Kev and getting some attention 

3) Bad Kev is usually with her at work so it keeps him away from his other squeeze

4) living in a delusional world where she is the star of stars and  is only happy in front of everyone clapping. That huge smile that she wears the first 2-3 minutes (and it’s getting longer now that she’s making hand gestures for them to continue but it annoys me. I watch for the meat of stories not to watch her get her Norma Desmond moments) of her show is genuine. 

• Love 7

That Taylor/Katy/Kanye story - oof.  That was painful to watch Wendy attempt to get through it.  It's not that complicated.  And I guarantee her audience cares more about that story than Tamar Braxton's latest hijinks.  That was disappointing because I would love to hear the old Wendy's unvarnished opinions about those people (I don't think there are any angels in that group) but she could barely string a sentence together.

ScarJo is a hypocrite - her cinematic body count is so high, yet she's a fervent gun control advocate, never taking account for the violence she makes money off of and puts into the world.  Now she's wearing Marchesa?  I don't understand what she's trying to do.  Is Scarlett still a defender of Woody Allen?  So I find her not as tainted as Georgina, but still somewhat tainted enough by her own associations that wearing Marchesa is stupid.  Basically, Scarlett is one of the biggest Hollywood phonies, IMHO - I have mixed feelings on blaming the spouses of these Hollywood monsters but it would certainly appear that Georgina was aware of what was going on with her husband.

• Love 2

Today, Wendy was all spazzing out about some hot, juicy gossip that just hit her desk.  The whole deal of how Vanessa Trump dated some gang member - back when she was in high school "or around that age (it was 1998 I think).  She then broke up with him because she started seeing Leonardo DiCaprio.  Honey, I saw all that crap online like a month or more ago.  

And she kept going on and on about it.  What was said online from people who lived in NYC during that time, went to that high school or nearby schools, it was the in thing to be associated with bad boys for girls who were from well to do families, not unheard of for girls from her high school.  The romances fizzled out eventually as it was just kind of a fad, to act like they were all badasses, too.  

The whole smacking the lips, and the how you doin' gets really old.  Then she was saying something about a new show that Kandi Buress is involved with - and Marlo Hampton.  Halfway through she said oh I don't care, and just stopped.  WTH.  Yeah, it's all about you.   I also agree about the Cheshire cat smile, milking the applause from her 'co-hosts'.  Barf.   I switched the channel as I couldn't stand any more of her self absorption.  So it was reruns of HGTV and the Military Channel.  Not really more entertaining, but a lot less annoying.

• Love 6

It's so odd when Wendy hugs the guests.  I noticed it again with Rita Moreno.  She goes in for a hug but doesn't take a step forward like her feet are glued to the floor it's awkward.  Is her balance so off she's scared to take one step.

• Love 3
18 hours ago, DrivingSideways said:

That Taylor/Katy/Kanye story - oof.  That was painful to watch Wendy attempt to get through it.  It's not that complicated.  And I guarantee her audience cares more about that story than Tamar Braxton's latest hijinks.  That was disappointing because I would love to hear the old Wendy's unvarnished opinions about those people (I don't think there are any angels in that group) but she could barely string a sentence together.

ScarJo is a hypocrite - her cinematic body count is so high, yet she's a fervent gun control advocate, never taking account for the violence she makes money off of and puts into the world.  Now she's wearing Marchesa?  I don't understand what she's trying to do.  Is Scarlett still a defender of Woody Allen?  So I find her not as tainted as Georgina, but still somewhat tainted enough by her own associations that wearing Marchesa is stupid.  Basically, Scarlett is one of the biggest Hollywood phonies, IMHO - I have mixed feelings on blaming the spouses of these Hollywood monsters but it would certainly appear that Georgina was aware of what was going on with her husband.

Georgina’s business partner is somehow linked to the Industry so she knew.

Not for nothing but those “rape” dresses are ugly as hell. No thank you.

Anna Wintour has to retire. First, she legitimized Kim k and now this bullshit????

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/10/fashion/marchesa-harvey-weinstein.html

Speaking of retirement. It is time for Wendy to pass the baton. She is beyond embarrassing herself now.

When she has moments of lucidity, she says it herself. “It is stupid” and I agree with her.

She outgrew the genre.

• Love 3
(edited)
2 hours ago, LIMOM said:

Anna Wintour has to retire

I agree with that statement. I’d also like to see someone take over who embraces a wider range of what fashion should be from the petite woman to ladies over 50. All the focus on uber skinny teens does not fit the demographic of most of us. Fashion needs to flatter more than for it to tell us what to wear regardless of whether or not it looks good on our size or age group. 

R. Kelly had a concert last night that had demonstrators. One big guess what the first 10 minutes of Mondays show will be.  Wendy will be consumed by this. Of course this won’t happen until she’s feasted on her first few minutes of co-host adoration. (Now up to 3 minutes wasted on this) Then it will be onto old stories, what she cooked for dinner, and her health vent du jour. Cue the  QTips...for me. For the loss of a show I had previously really enjoyed and found current. (Just kidding. I would never consider using Qtips for tears) 

Edited by Mindthinkr
Grammar
  • Love 1
21 hours ago, DrivingSideways said:

Now she's wearing Marchesa?

Interesting...

ScarJo's dress elicited the same response

as the red dress Bette Davis wore in Jezebel 

jezebel.thumb.jpg.1c22be63d45f7dc93f56bdc268a5c6ff.jpg

28 minutes ago, artisto said:

Interesting...

ScarJo's dress elicited the same response

as the red dress Bette Davis wore in Jezebel 

jezebel.thumb.jpg.1c22be63d45f7dc93f56bdc268a5c6ff.jpg

Would you elaborate, what is the hidden message of this dress?

• Love 2
1 minute ago, LIMOM said:

Would you elaborate, what is the hidden message of this dress?

An excerpt from Wikipedia:

"In 1852 New Orleans, spoiled, strong-willed belle Julie Marsden (Bette Davis) is engaged to banker Preston "Pres" Dillard (Fonda). In retaliation for Pres refusing to drop his work and accompany her while she shops for a dress, she orders a brazen red one for the Olympus Ball, the most important ball of the year, though an unmarried woman is expected to wear a white dress. All of Julie's friends are shocked, but no one can convince her to give up her whim."

While the situation is different from ScarJo's wearing of her dress.

The reaction of shock/disbelief=identical.

23 minutes ago, artisto said:

An excerpt from Wikipedia:

"In 1852 New Orleans, spoiled, strong-willed belle Julie Marsden (Bette Davis) is engaged to banker Preston "Pres" Dillard (Fonda). In retaliation for Pres refusing to drop his work and accompany her while she shops for a dress, she orders a brazen red one for the Olympus Ball, the most important ball of the year, though an unmarried woman is expected to wear a white dress. All of Julie's friends are shocked, but no one can convince her to give up her whim."

While the situation is different from ScarJo's wearing of her dress.

The reaction of shock/disbelief=identical.

Thanks.

• Love 1