Type keyword(s) to search

The Wendy Williams Show - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Let's not forget Wendy's remark to her "Top Five" topics guest about the performers at Coachella. They showed several pics of the top headliners including Beyonce and Eminem. Then Wendy makes some comment about "are there any white folk performing?" Yes Wendy, Eminem IS still white.

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, cinsays said:

ok, was she wearing her pajamas today or what was that???

I only caught a few minutes, but it looked strange

I am just tuning in and came here to say the same thing! It does look pajamas but I do like the duster. I wonder if she found it the same place that she purchased (admended to say that “the show purchased”) that one she got that Kyle Richards wore on RHOBH. The over robe (duster...whatever) looked too nice to be part of Wendy’s QVC line. 

She did say she woke up and decided that the nightie/robe combo looked nice and she decided to wear it.  She "this is just Wendy!", but then clarified that the outfit is NOT part of her clothing line.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, SuburbanHangSuite said:

Ntare Guma Mbaho Mwine!  Love his "Ronnie" portrayal on The Chi and seems like such a sweet, introspective man.

Oh, Wendy.  "Partner" does not have to mean "gay."  Just stop it.  And the shade toward the Ugandan names was just downright disrespectful.

^^^ And this more so than any of the usual back handed insults Wendy dishes out. Who cares if he's gay ? (I know he's not) Damn Wendy pisses me off!

Edited by chenoa333
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

Let's not forget Wendy's remark to her "Top Five" topics guest about the performers at Coachella. They showed several pics of the top headliners including Beyonce and Eminem. Then Wendy makes some comment about "are there any white folk performing?" Yes Wendy, Eminem IS still white.

I thought the same thing - isn't Eminem white?  Why was she giving the reporter a hard time and a shady look?  I'm going by memory but  heard her say something about "are you only mentioning the black artists because this is a black show?", implying that this white guy was trying to look cool by only mentioning black artists.  Must she turn even innocent conversations into some kind of race conspiracy?  She needs to take several seats.

ADDED:  I revised the bolded sentence after watching a clip of the segment on Youtube

Edited by patty1h
Clarification
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, patty1h said:

I thought the same thing - isn't Eminem white?  Why was she giving the reporter a hard time and a shady look?  I'm going by memory but I think I heard her say something about "....black culture", implying that this white guy was trying to look cool by only mentioning black artists.  Must she turn even innocent conversations into some kind of race conspiracy?  She needs to take several seats.

No shit! And really Wendy..wearing your ugly ass pajamas on today's show is not going to become a trend. This woman is so in love with herself. Her husband isn't, so she's probably better off loving herself.

Edited by chenoa333
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

lmao!!! The stupidity, it burns.

• Love 6
On 4/13/2018 at 7:52 AM, bichonblitz said:

Unbelievable for Wendy to talk about a man cheating on his pregnant girl (Tristan's cheating on his pregnant ex with Khloe). Ummmm Wendy, your asshole husband was cheating on you when you were pregnant!! Does she have amnesia or something? How can she talk about this with a straight face? And Wendy stayed with the jerk and is still putting up with his cheating 17 years later. I just can't give her any credibility any more with anything she says. 

Amen to that. I'm no Kardashian fan, but Wendy's not the one to be talking shit about anyone's relationship/marriage, given the deep-friend fuckery that's her own.

• Love 9
On 4/14/2018 at 11:56 AM, DollEyes said:

Amen to that. I'm no Kardashian fan, but Wendy's not the one to be talking shit about anyone's relationship/marriage, given the deep-friend fuckery that's her own.

Oh damn, I love that 3 word phrase! Thank you DOLLEYES! I think you meant "deep fried fuckery" nevertheless, it's good!

No Wendy today (Monday) in Southern California. The NASCAR race is on for hours. Can't they run the NASCAR races on ESPN? LOL!

Edited by chenoa333
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, chenoa333 said:

No Wendy today (Monday) in Southern California. The NASCAR race is on for hours. Can't they run the NASCAR races on ESPN? LOL!

I got out my paper and pen to write notes for you but same deal here. NASCAR not Wendy. 

A brief overview of what happened today, for those who didn't get the show:

Started off telling us how she spent the weekend visiting a college w/husband and son and how proud she is - says that Kevin better make something of himself on how much tuition is these days.  In HT, she went over RHOA reunion (their dresses, who should leave the show), and some other TV she watched.  Next she went onto the Coachella concert and the different acts.  Talked about Destiny's Child reunion and Jay-z coming out to sing w/Beyonce.  She showed a clip of Beyonce's performance, then she RAVED that Beyonce is now the best entertainer in the world hands down -- beats Michael Jackson, Prince, etc.  She kept demanding that the audience agree with her by clapping, but I can't say they were that enthusiastic.  She mentioned Cardi B's set too.  Why does the audience got berserk whenever Cardi B is mentioned?  Don't get it.   Last story was singer K Michelle almost dying from the silicone in her butt implants spreading into her body.  One breath Wendy is sympathetic to K Michelle but then shades her, saying that it looks like she had her skin lightened.  

There was no guest today, so next segment was a gossip reporter who mostly talked about the Bill Cosby trial.  Next was Trendy at Wendy, then Ask Wendy.   One other thing - during HT, Wendy asked Suzanne if she saw the hot woman in the front row in the fabulous outfit.  The camera turned to this chick wearing a sparkly mini dress with a big 7 on it (like a team jersey) and thigh high suede boots.  Just as the show was ending, this same woman was the Eye Candy.   The hot woman then presented Wendy with the same 7 dress of her own and was allowed to give out the name of her fashion website.   So that earlier thing of complimenting the 7 dress seems like a quid pro quo setup.  

Edited by patty1h
  • Love 10

Wendy went gaga today over the outfit worn by a co-host - she had on a sparkling mini dress with a big 7 on it, which resembled a man's team shirt.  This is as close a pic as I could find, but imagine it made of sequins.  She paired this dress with thigh high suede boots.   To me, it looked like a trashy club outfit.  And surprise!  The wearer gifted Wendy with this shiny dress at the end of the show and Wendy seemed ecstatic.   We know Wendy's fashion sense can be... problematic.  She says how she loves shorty shorts and thigh high boots but to me some of the outfits I've seen her sporting on vacation, etc. looks like what a broke hooker would wear.  She is 53! and she needs a stylist that will tell her "honey, no".  

• Love 3
1 hour ago, patty1h said:

Wendy went gaga today over the outfit worn by a co-host - she had on a sparkling mini dress with a big 7 on it, which resembled a man's team shirt.  This is as close a pic as I could find, but imagine it made of sequins.  She paired this dress with thigh high suede boots.   To me, it looked like a trashy club outfit.  And surprise!  The wearer gifted Wendy with this shiny dress at the end of the show and Wendy seemed ecstatic.   We know Wendy's fashion sense can be... problematic.  She says how she loves shorty shorts and thigh high boots but to me some of the outfits I've seen her sporting on vacation, etc. looks like what a broke hooker would wear.  She is 53! and she needs a stylist that will tell her "honey, no".  

Yeah, Wendy loves thigh high boots and she also wears (ALWAYS) some weird looking hose/pantyhose with a waffle pattern and the color does not match her skin tone on her arms, face,neck. 

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

Thank you @patty1h  I appreciate your taking one for the team. 

Amen to that! And Wendy thinks Beyonce is the best entertainer in the WORLD? WTF? Did Mr. Knowles slip something in Wendy's "tea" when he was a guest last week?

• Love 5

Yes, I forgot about Carrie Underwood.  In HT Wendy asked what people watched instead of the RHOA reunion and the Country Music Awards/CU came up.  She said after all the speculation and mystery, no one can detect any changes to CU's face.  She said there are people who are angry that after CU advised that she may look different, she just doesn't.  Wendy imitated a redneck voice and said something like "she said her face is messed up and it ain't and I'm MAD".  Wendy then said best wishes to CU - no shade.   

Edited by patty1h
  • Love 6

The weirdest thing was there were several points during hot topics where Wendy kept stumbling over the Topics. At one point she yelled in Norman's direction about "them" mixing up the order of the hot topics. Norman literally replied, "What do you mean". 

She then made a couple other stumbles. When talking about K Michelle, Wendy initially seemed sympathetic. Then maybe she felt she was being too nice proceeded to out of nowhere imply that K Michelle is bleaching her skin. The audience gasped and actually responded in shock and shame. Wendy then tried to clean it up after showing a video of a frightened, crying, K Michelle. 

Wendy was definitely off today. 

• Love 5
10 hours ago, patty1h said:

Yes, I forgot about Carrie Underwood.  In HT Wendy asked what people watched instead of the RHOA reunion and the Country Music Awards/CU came up.  She said after all the speculation and mystery, no one can detect any changes to CU's face.  She said there are people who are angry that after CU advised that she may look different, she just doesn't.  Wendy imitated a redneck voice and said something like "she said her face is messed up and it ain't and I'm MAD".  Wendy then said best wishes to CU - no shade.   

Wendy’s been beating the botched plastic surgery drum and now she says no shade. Yeah Carrie is never coming on her show. Ha ha.

Of course there was plastic surgery she cut herself and the surgeon did a good job. Given how Miranda Lambert talked about being worried for Carrie and supposedly got choked up in her post show press conference, I’m going with Carrie not faking for a face lift. Carrie and Miranda are friends. 

• Love 3

Wow, Wendy is totally relying on Norman for Hot Topics. How many times does she look over at him for the real tea, or to give her real (not fiction) facts, or to just keep her moving along. It's painfully obvious. Then he gets yelled at if he doesn't say what she wants. Poor Norman. I really wish he and Suzanne would quit. 

3 minutes ago, Stuffy said:

Of course there was plastic surgery she cut herself and the surgeon did a good job. Given how Miranda Lambert talked about being worried for Carrie and supposedly got choked up in her post show press conference, I’m going with Carrie not faking for a face lift. Carrie and Miranda are friends. 

Carrie is too young for a facelift. For Wendy to imply that was disgusting. Carrie had an accident and was badly injured. For fucks sake, Wendy. 

• Love 8
31 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

Wow, Wendy is totally relying on Norman for Hot Topics. How many times does she look over at him for the real tea, or to give her real (not fiction) facts, or to just keep her moving along. It's painfully obvious. Then he gets yelled at if he doesn't say what she wants. Poor Norman. I really wish he and Suzanne would quit. 

Carrie is too young for a facelift. For Wendy to imply that was disgusting. Carrie had an accident and was badly injured. For fucks sake, Wendy. 

Wendy must be getting her news from the tabloids because Carrie's only talked about it twice.  I don't know if Carrie has ever been on Wendy's show so maybe that's where some of the bitterness comes from.  Carrie has been on all the other female led talk shows.

Edited by Stuffy
  • Love 4
11 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

I know! That would be so fucking awesome! I love Norman! i like Suzanne too. Poor woman is stuck (for now at least) being Wendy's bitch. So is Norman. He seems like he could get a better gig. He's young, smart, in-the-know. Wendy cant be paying them all that much. But we'll never know.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, chenoa333 said:

I know! That would be so fucking awesome! I love Norman! i like Suzanne too. Poor woman is stuck (for now at least) being Wendy's bitch. So is Norman. He seems like he could get a better gig. He's young, smart, in-the-know. Wendy cant be paying them all that much. But we'll never know.

I’m sure there’s some kind of contract (ball and chain) involved. 

• Love 3
On 16/04/2018 at 6:37 PM, patty1h said:

she RAVED that Beyonce is now the best entertainer in the world hands down -- beats Michael Jackson, Prince, etc.  She kept demanding that the audience agree with her by clapping, but I can't say they were that enthusiastic. 

Yeah!  A lot of people don't get the Beyoncé love.  I'm one.  Boring!

• Love 2

IMO she has made a few digs about Beyoncé (I have written about them on this thread) and I was always surprised that she didn’t upset the Beehive and get more flack. I’m wondering if something was said and goodness knows Wendy needs to sit on the right side (popular) of the isle (or it made waves for Big Kevin) so she changed her tune. I’m wondering if the audience was just stunned like I was about her switch to being team Beyoncé. That being said I don’t get all the hype and drool over Beyoncé either. MMV

• Love 1

Speaking of Beyonce, I will say, a mess though Wendy may be, she turned out to be dead on in her read of the elevator situation right after it happened. Especially when Beyonce later came out with Lemonade that more or less validated most of what Wendy speculated. 

• Love 1

Oh my dear lord, this woman must not have a stylist (or one who likes her) or they would not have let her walk out in the gold lamé mini dress today.   I actually said "oh jeeze" when the doors opened and I got an eyeful of those boobs encased in shiny material.  

• Love 3
3 hours ago, truthaboutluv said:

Speaking of Beyonce, I will say, a mess though Wendy may be, she turned out to be dead on in her read of the elevator situation right after it happened. Especially when Beyonce later came out with Lemonade that more or less validated most of what Wendy speculated. 

It takes one to know one. I think both JayZ and Kevin are butt ugly with the former married to a beautiful successful woman with a career of his own while the latter is the so-called manager of a woman who hustles with multiple careers.

• Love 4
17 minutes ago, rcc said:

It takes one to know one. I think both JayZ and Kevin are butt ugly with the former married to a beautiful successful woman with a career of his own while the latter is the so-called manager of a woman who hustles with multiple careers.

Well yes, I did figure she knew exactly what went down because she lives that "husband constantly cheating on his wife" every day.

• Love 2

OK, it's several days after the fact, but Youtube gets clips from daily Wendy shows and they have the first 26 minutes of  Monday's show -- the one where she designated Beyonce the greatest entertainer, living or dead.   Here it is for anyone interested.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, truthaboutluv said:

I guess, but didn't 90% of people assume that same scenario. 

• Love 3

Had a thought while flipping the channels and catching a few minutes of The Talk, and seeing a bunch of individuals exchanging ideas, stories, adding to the topic, etc.  Most of the other talk/entertainment shows (The View, The Real, Kelly & Ryan) use multiple hosts to keep a lively, energetic vibe going.   Maybe it would be a good idea for Wendy to add Norman to HT as her co-gossiper.  Get him his own chair on camera, instead of squatting in a hole off to the side like a troll.  He could be there to take up the slack, laugh and kiki with Wendy like the valued resource he is, and maybe have his own stories that he researched himself and has all the facts about.  Then he could disappear, so Wendy's ego can rest assured that it's still HER show.

ADDED:   I know Wendy has discussed Abby Lee Miller (Dance Moms) in the past, when she was going to jail.  I recall Wendy saying that ALM is pretty but not much else.  I was a bit taken aback by Wendy's pulling ouT the QTips to dab at tears at the news that ALM haS non-Hodgkin's lymphoma, then shut the tears off seconds later and said 'let's change the subject'.  I got whiplash by the change in mood.

Edited by patty1h
  • Love 3

I really enjoy Beyonce but I dont agree with Wendy saying she is the best of all time.  Is it because in this era of music there are few to compare her to?  I feel like if I see one Beyonce concert I pretty much seen it all.   

• Love 6

Regarding the Tina Turner photo.  Wendy, why do you say "that's good for 78" and that "we should moisturize"?  Keep it real Wendy.  That's bad surgery and too many fillers.  Tina doesn't look like Tina Turner, so I don't care that the actress doesn't look like Tina Turner.

Why is Wendy lying about how Tina looks?  What's her plan?  Is she hoping that the musical comes to New York and that she could get Tina Turner on the show if she appeals to Tinas ego?  I don't know, I just would've expected Wendy to "keep it real".

how.

Edited by Kira53
  • Love 2

That short, tight. shiny gold dress with those blinding white high tops she was wearing today. Why is she wearing nothing but sneakers all the time? I know she's afraid of falling again but has she given up on nice flats, too? She looks rediculous. Who is dressing her?

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

That short, tight. shiny gold dress with those blinding white high tops she was wearing today. Why is she wearing nothing but sneakers all the time? I know she's afraid of falling again but has she given up on nice flats, too? She looks rediculous. Who is dressing her?

I said the same thing over in the Fashion Thread - what a horrible dress.  Those bazookas could not be tamed!  Not sure if she has a stylist/wardrobe person, but they must hate her to put her in some of those tack-tastic outfits.

• Love 3
25 minutes ago, vmcd88 said:

I really enjoy Beyonce but I dont agree with Wendy saying she is the best of all time.  Is it because in this era of music there are few to compare her to?  I feel like if I see one Beyonce concert I pretty much seen it all.   

What is Wendy's angle regarding Beyoncé? She has spent years dogging her.  She has called her stupid, inarticulate, an attention hog, bad in bed. She has also spoken harshly about Matthew Knowles, her father, I am not saying that he is not shady, but, that was not her place to say that. He is still her father.. If Wendy thinks that Beyoncé will come to her show, just because she is kissing her ass now, she needs to let that go.. She will never come to her show. Why would she? 

• Love 4

I like Beyonce just fine and think she's great, if a bit overrated.  That's why I always loved how Wendy would shade her - everybody in the media seems to feel a requirement to deify Beyonce, but Wendy dog her out bad.  What can I say, I love a contrarian opinion.  Interesting that she has changed her tune?  Like some of you have said, she may be finding a kinship with Beyonce with the whole Becky With The Good Hair situation (although I tend to think Jay-Z and Beyonce fabricated that entire long con to sell records).

• Love 2
12 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

What is Wendy's angle regarding Beyoncé? She has spent years dogging her.  She has called her stupid, inarticulate, an attention hog, bad in bed. She has also spoken harshly about Matthew Knowles, her father, I am not saying that he is not shady, but, that was not her place to say that. He is still her father.. If Wendy thinks that Beyoncé will come to her show, just because she is kissing her ass now, she needs to let that go.. She will never come to her show. Why would she? 

How is Wendy going to criticize Bey at this point of time and not sound like a complete sellout?( even more than she is anyways)

I can’t stand watching her using Q tips to attend to her nose and eyes, I had to remove her from my DVR.

There is so much, one can take plus she is way too late on any hot topics.

• Love 4

Was just thinking it looks like Wendy is never going to wear high heels anymore.   Has she worn the since coming back from her time off and I missed it??  her paranoia over falling must be really strong - just like the killer being right around the next corner.

ps&btw I thought her wig today was really pretty.

On ‎4‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 5:24 PM, bichonblitz said:

was thinking this very same thing.  

On 4/17/2018 at 8:28 PM, chenoa333 said:

Okay, so I know we all have "a friend of a friend", but last year I performed with a comedian based in NYC and he said that, surprisingly, friends of his that work at Wendy enjoy it and that she is good to her staff, and that Rachel Ray is the opposite. (And another person backstage worked at a very popular talk show in the '90s, and all the tea, I WAS DYING!!)

• Love 4
8 hours ago, JakeyJokes said:

Okay, so I know we all have "a friend of a friend", but last year I performed with a comedian based in NYC and he said that, surprisingly, friends of his that work at Wendy enjoy it and that she is good to her staff, and that Rachel Ray is the opposite. (And another person backstage worked at a very popular talk show in the '90s, and all the tea, I WAS DYING!!)

A complete stranger went out of her way to let me know that Rachel Ray was not a nice person. It was so random. Lol.

The tea with Wendy is that her husband is the one abusing everybody. I heard it repeatedly from numerous sources.

Edited by LIMOM
  • Love 4
On 4/16/2018 at 1:37 PM, chenoa333 said:

Oh damn, I love that 3 word phrase! Thank you DOLLEYES! I think you meant "deep fried fuckery" nevertheless, it's good!

In Wendy's case, given that she said the other day that "a friend is just an enemy on the backburner," it works both ways.

I also hated the shade that Wendy threw about the judge on Meek Mill's case,  saying that she thinks she's just a lonely woman who goes home to at least one cat. One thing I think the judge doesn't go home to is a cheating husband whose side piece is just around the corner. 

• Love 12

When Wendy came home from her 3 week “forced” vacation she made a statement saying that her physician told her she should not wear heels until her health issues straightened out. She stated that she fully intends to wear heels again. 

5 hours ago, LIMOM said:

A complete stranger went out of her way to let me know that Rachel Ray was not a nice person. It was so random. Lol.

The tea with Wendy is that her husband is the one abusing everybody. I heard it repeatedly from numerous sources.

That was the tea, on her radio show days, that Big Kev treated the interns who worked there, like shit...He sexually harassed one young girl on there. I have never understood why she picked a guy like Big Kev. It seemed like a way to get back at her parents.  I always got the impression that they did not give her, as much attention, as her siblings.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

That was the tea, on her radio show days, that Big Kev treated the interns who worked there, like shit...He sexually harassed one young girl on there. I have never understood why she picked a guy like Big Kev. It seemed like a way to get back at her parents.  I always got the impression that they did not give her, as much attention, as her siblings.

I guess he is a remnant of her wild cracked out ways.

There is no way that a “grown” woman would be attracted to this old thug. My two cents.

I was told that she acts scared around him.( in the last two years)

At a minimum, he emotionally abuses her. At worst, he beats the shit out of her. 

• Love 7