Type keyword(s) to search

The Wendy Williams Show - General Discussion

• Start Topic

On 4/4/2018 at 5:50 AM, Dream Boy said:

Judging by her constant criticisms of Rob Kardashian, she has real issues with men that don't conform to what her idea of what "being a man" is. I guess Rob should have had a mistress, while he was with Blac Chyna, and Wendy would have been a supporter. 

Rob Kardashian aside, her idea of a "real man" is really warped, imo. It's pretty sad.

• Love 3

I was waiting at the doc's today and picked up a People Magazine and there was Wendy doing a spread on her amazing work ethic and being FORCED to take 3 weeks off due to her Grave's Disease. In the article she says she totally avoided ALL phone calls during this time because she didn't want no "girls" talking smack about her behind her back. ... ... Jesus God, does this woman have any actual friends. Also sounded like she's trying to explain why she was unreachable. 

• Love 3

I was watching recordings of earlier this week and on Monday (I think) she had a segment with an entertainment reporter.  I can't remember her name but the reporter needs to go back to journalism school.  She reported on some rapper named Fabolous.  She then talked about some exec at Nickelodeon leaving the network.  Ok.  Then she goes into gossip and her own speculation that he did something inappropriate (#METOO).  Whoa!  How about not sticking that lable on someone unless there is some proof.  He may or may not be horrible but those accusations could ruin a career and a life.  Oh, then she backtracked and said no one has.said anything about anything.  Crap reporting.  Wendy, please don't ever invite her back.

52 minutes ago, TVbitch said:

I was waiting at the doc's today and picked up a People Magazine and there was Wendy doing a spread on her amazing work ethic and being FORCED to take 3 weeks off due to her Grave's Disease. In the article she says she totally avoided ALL phone calls during this time because she didn't want no "girls" talking smack about her behind her back. ... ... Jesus God, does this woman have any actual friends. Also sounded like she's trying to explain why she was unreachable. 

I would say no, she has no friends.  She dumped all of the people she was friendly with because they were "for a reason, for a season".  She still has Reg.  I think that is the only friend she ever mentions.

She doesn't need friends.  See, she has a happy marriage (?) and a wonderful child.  That's all she needs besides money and fame.

(edited)

I missed Wendy's hot topics today, but, I saw a picture of Chadwick Boseman and his girlfriend on the screen.  Was Wendy throwing shade at him? I get the impression that she does not care for Chadwick.  He is having a wonderful year and I fear that the haters will now come out and start attacking him.  Wendy is so nasty these days, I will not be surprised when she starts trashing him. Unfortunately, that is the down side of fame, people will build you up, just to tear you down..

Edited by Apprentice79
(edited)

Wendy was not shady towards Chadwick; most of her discourse was on the fact that he's had a secret GF for several years.  She mostly scolded the GF's family (and celebrity relatives in general) that they should learn to keep their mouths shut. Apparently the GF's grandmother told some ragmag about this relationship.  Wendy gave a compliment that they look good together, but made a little dig - she showed a photo where Chadwick wasn't holding the GF's hand "that tight" and that was a sign that Chadwick wasn't 100% committed. 

The rest of HT was the usual garbage... most of it about  rapper Safaree getting robbed in NJ, and then she got shady towards the Hot Felon's wife.  The woman has been giving interviews and says the show Inside Edition paid for wife's new teeth and boobs.  Whatever, Wendy (BooBs) Williams.

Edited by patty1h
30 minutes ago, patty1h said:

Wendy was not shady towards Chadwick; most of her discourse was on the fact that he's had a secret GF for several years.  She mostly scolded the GF's family (and celebrity relatives in general) that they should learn to keep their mouths shut. Apparently the GF's grandmother told some ragmag about this relationship.  Wendy gave a compliment that they look good together, but made a little dig - she showed a photo where Chadwick wasn't holding the GF's hand "that tight" and that was a sign that Chadwick wasn't 100% committed. 

The rest of HT was the usual garbage... most of it about  rapper Safaree getting robbed in NJ, and then she got shady towards the Hot Felon's wife.  The woman has been giving interviews and says the show Inside Edition paid for wife's new teeth and boobs.  Whatever, Wendy (BooBs) Williams.

Thanks! she could not resist wishing doom and gloom on his relationship.  I do know that his girlfriend is very young, she is in her late 20's and he is in his 40's.  I am not hating, but, it is very interesting..

I think Wendy is getting paid to talk about the Braxtons. I’ve been noticing that she not only talks about them all too much in my opinion, but she also says when the show is on and that advertising not reporting. I’m going to start watching for other times that she does a segment or a piece that then identifies when a show is on.  Day and time seem to indicate product placement.

Wendy doesn’t have her “I love it” Air wick on her table except when she’s plugging it.

• Love 3
(edited)
On 4/4/2018 at 1:01 PM, patty1h said:

I've never bothered to watch Wendy shill her stuff on HSN mostly because what I've seen her highlight on her show are not my taste and I feel embarrassed for most of the "celebrities" that end up on the shopping shows -- they just seem desperate.   But today, she showed off her shoes "because people keep asking about them" and mentioned they're her design and available for purchase.  I did NOT like those shoes at all.  I know Wendy is a girly-girl who loves hair and makeup and lace and booty shorts, but those pearls and feathers on that color blue... blergh.  They looked like cheap Payless shoes for a middle schooler. 

ADDED:  I got to wondering how much she could think she can fleece folks for these shoes, so I checked the HSN website.  Those are currently $49.99, marked down from $89.90.  What a rip.

I don't see Wendy as a "girly girl". Although it's not her fault, she has a very masculine looking face. I believe Wendy's favorite clothes are sweat pants, a t-shirt and flip flops. I've seen a few episodes of Wendy's "aftershow" and she is occasionally filmed without makeup.....I've NEVER seen her without a wig. She must look frightening!

I would NEVER buy anything from her clothing or shoe line. I just know it's cheap crap. 

Edited by chenoa333
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

I don't see Wendy as a "girly girl". Although it's not her fault, she has a very masculine looking face. I believe Wendy's favorite clothes are sweat pants, a t-shirt and flip flops. I've seen a few episodes of Wendy's "aftershow" and she is occasionally filmed without makeup.....I've NEVER seen her without a wig. She must look frightening!

I would NEVER buy anything from her clothing or shoe line. I just know it's cheap crap. 

I think that Wendy tries to be a girly girl to offset her masculine looking face.   

• Love 3

I don't see Wendy as a "girly girl" either. I think being criticized over her masculine looks for so long has made her want to look as feminine as possible when she's in front of the camera for her show. She knows not as many watch the after show so isn't as concerned about makeup for that. Her head is always sporting a wig as @Apprentice79 mentioned.

The Bureau needs to wake up. How can they not know about Marlo's 1999 conviction for slashing a friends face during a knife fight. Here is the mugshot from 1999:

marlo.jpg

• Love 2

Pretty sure Wendy plugging the hell out of these lifetime movies and other shows is a paid advertisement. Because we all know she never actually does her job and watches anything except for maybe some housewives and her crime shows. She usually has no fucking idea what is going on in the other stories she talks about. Today she thought Connor McGreggor had fought 50 Cent (instead of Floyd Mayweather). Jesus God.  

• Love 8
57 minutes ago, TVbitch said:

Pretty sure Wendy plugging the hell out of these lifetime movies and other shows is a paid advertisement. Because we all know she never actually does her job and watches anything except for maybe some housewives and her crime shows. She usually has no fucking idea what is going on in the other stories she talks about. Today she thought Connor McGreggor had fought 50 Cent (instead of Floyd Mayweather). Jesus God.  

Holy shit! I thought she was just making a lame attempt at humor when she said that. Thanks for enlightening me! I'm officially embarrassed for Wendy. Maybe people just keep watching her show to laugh AT her. Not with her. I know that's why i watch her! 

5 hours ago, TVbitch said:

I remember her going on and on about Joan Collins saying what a fan she was and may she rest in peace. It was Jackie Collins, Joan's sister who had died. That was the worst one I saw. 

• Love 7

I am re-binge watching Episodes on Netflix starring Matt Le Blanc.  I had forgotten that his character was convinced to sell his vests/waistecoats on QVC or something.  Anyways, he wears Armani and when the vests come in they notice they are pieces of crap and then Matt is live selling them saying, "When I designed these I insisted on the best quality.....".  OMG!  It's pretty much line by line what Wendy says.  I do like her line's look but am not convinced the quality is any good.  Sure hers are but the line, as we've seen by Suzanne's shirt being ripped by wearing it, is not that good of quality.

Also can I get a few things off my mind?

• Two and a Half Men ALWAYS had all the characters.  There was no show without the brother, nephew and Berta.
  • Prince Harry is the son of Charles for Diana didn't even meet that other guy until Harry was already walking this earth.  He looks just like Diana's brother.

There's probably more but those two are my biggest beefs.

• Love 3

Has Wendy said why she shoves Q-tips up her nose. Is the dab of a facial tissue that disturbing to her make-up or something? I mean, there is a way to gently dab the nose with a tissue so as not to smear your makeup. I'm just saying.

What was with her and the food. First she announces she will "take a pass" on tasting it because she had a late breakfast (as if one bite would kill her), then changes her mind and takes the teeniest bite, then acts amazed that it tastes pretty good and grabs the whole plate (thought you was full, bitch?). How insulting to the guest.   

• Love 3
2 hours ago, TVbitch said:

Has Wendy said why she shoves Q-tips up her nose. Is the dab of a facial tissue that disturbing to her make-up or something? I mean, there is a way to gently dab the nose with a tissue so as not to smear your makeup. I'm just saying.

What was with her and the food. First she announces she will "take a pass" on tasting it because she had a late breakfast (as if one bite would kill her), then changes her mind and takes the teeniest bite, then acts amazed that it tastes pretty good and grabs the whole plate (thought you was full, bitch?). How insulting to the guest.   

I think she was only sayin' (lying) she had a late breakfast because she didn't want to eat the food the guy made and then was surprised that it was actually good.  Just my impression.

• Love 3

Another plug on hot topics for Gold Bond Lotion or whatever that stuff is called. Please stop it, Wendy.

That interview with Vivica was whack. I can't blame it all on Wendy, though. Vivica is weird. Every interview I have ever seen her on she talks a lot but never really says anything. She was lying about 50 cent, too. When they were on the outs she was shading him big time, and making nasty innuendo's about his sexuality. If there was ever a time for Wendy to go in on a guest, that was it. Missed opportunity. Somebody in her camp must be telling her to ease up on her guests. Maybe she will talk about it on HT tomorrow, better yet, show some old clips of Vivica saying the shit she's now denying.  

• Love 3
1 hour ago, bichonblitz said:

Another plug on hot topics for Gold Bond Lotion or whatever that stuff is called. Please stop it, Wendy.

That interview with Vivica was whack. I can't blame it all on Wendy, though. Vivica is weird. Every interview I have ever seen her on she talks a lot but never really says anything. She was lying about 50 cent, too. When they were on the outs she was shading him big time, and making nasty innuendo's about his sexuality. If there was ever a time for Wendy to go in on a guest, that was it. Missed opportunity. Somebody in her camp must be telling her to ease up on her guests. Maybe she will talk about it on HT tomorrow, better yet, show some old clips of Vivica saying the shit she's now denying.  

Interesting. I don’t recall seeing any of Vivica’s interviews before so I have no basis to judge this one but I think Wendy is going soft. Not so much into doing her “job” and delivering the scoop anymore. She’s relying too much on others to research and help her phone it in so to speak. 

1 hour ago, Mindthinkr said:

Interesting. I don’t recall seeing any of Vivica’s interviews before so I have no basis to judge this one but I think Wendy is going soft. Not so much into doing her “job” and delivering the scoop anymore. She’s relying too much on others to research and help her phone it in so to speak. 

The one that stands out to me the most was her appearance on WWHL. She inferred 50 was on the down low, liked the boys, and of course you know Andy was eating that shit up. I couldn't believe the shade she was throwing. She was bitter as hell. 

• Love 5
13 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

The one that stands out to me the most was her appearance on WWHL. She inferred 50 was on the down low, liked the boys, and of course you know Andy was eating that shit up. I couldn't believe the shade she was throwing. She was bitter as hell. 

Thanks for jogging my memory. I now seem to recall something about that. A shame that WW didn’t jump on that line of questioning. Must be easy to be a guest on her show these days and get away with whatever narrative you wish to go with. 

45 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

It really bothered me when she did that  and it came off very homophobic.  Vivica is better than that..

• Love 3
50 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

I remember that too. She referenced a magazine cover 50 did with another male rapper that she claimed looked "suspect". 50 had had his arm around the other rapper's neck or shoulders and there was nothing "suspect" about it.

Interesting that she and Star Jones aren't as close these days. I remember when Star was still a co-host on The View and she would mention going on vacays with Vivica and her other girlfriends. 

Wendy seriously needs to quit wiping her nose with that damn Q-tip. It's nasty.

• Love 6

That Q-tip shit is seriously nasty.

I muted the whole Vivica interview. As was mentioned up thread she usually spews a whole bunch of nothing with some talk about 50 Cent sprinkled in. Even though she gets asked about him a lot that doesn't mean she always has to answer. She wouldn't have to be writing books like this, acting in low budget TV movies and appearing on reality shows if her attitude hadn't tanked her career. She's always had a absurdly high opinion of herself and doesn't seem to want to accept that she chronically engages in self sabotage. 50 Cent isn't a prize either don't get me wrong.

• Love 5

Can you imagine being in a boardroom or getting an annual review from your employer and pulling out a Q-tip to clean your nose? WTH. It is so gross. Why to we have to watch her unwrap the candy and pop it into her mouth? Is this riveting TV?

Wendy needs to stop that skipping too. Isn't she 53? 

• Love 6

I didn’t catch all of her show but here are a few thoughts from what I did see. 

She threw some shade against Beyoncé again today. About her wearing a hat and not necessarily needing to. It’s a wonder of the world why the beehive hasn’t gone after her. 

The story about Matt Lauer (which she didn’t want to tell because she is. just. not. interested.) I’m listening to her and then she makes a total breakaway to tell us how she eats her tuna fish. Complete with lip smacking noises. Urgh. 

Kate Hudson is “hood”? Ok Wendy. Whatever. So what if she’s had three baby daddies. She can well afford those children and seems to be a loving mother. 

Wendy has never seen Dirty Dancing. Really? She did know the quote about not putting Baby in a corner though. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

She threw some shade against Beyoncé again today. About her wearing a hat and not necessarily needing to. It’s a wonder of the world why the beehive hasn’t gone after her. 

The story about Matt Lauer (which she didn’t want to tell because she is. just. not. interested.) I’m listening to her and then she makes a total breakaway to tell us how she eats her tuna fish. Complete with lip smacking noises. Urgh. 

Kate Hudson is “hood”? Ok Wendy. Whatever. So what if she’s had three baby daddies. She can well afford those children and seems to be a loving mother. 

Wendy has never seen Dirty Dancing. Really? She did know the quote about not putting Baby in a corner though. 

She said today (and many times before) that she's never seen "The Notebook". 

Vivica Fox is getting a daytime show that Dr Phil is producing. I forgot what it's about...that's how interesting it seemed to me.

• Love 3
21 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

It really bothered me when she did that  and it came off very homophobic.  Vivica is better than that..

No Vivica is not better than that.  She has been doing that for years.  Yuck!

• Love 3
6 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

She also left out the fact that Kate was married to her oldest son's father.  Not sure if Offset was married to any of his children's mothers. 

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Coffeewinewater said:

I'm pretty shocked wendy hasn't talked about Klohie Kardashian being cheated on. Unless I missed it? Seems like a story she'd be all over it today.

I think she's filming two shows a day now. Not all days, we know she films Friday's show in Thursdays but she's doing more of that now. So she filmed today's show yesterday. Not a good idea to do on a show where your main claim to fame is supposed to be reporting the latest hot topics. Sometimes, when the camera scans the audience you can see the same people from the "day before". I mean really, stupid people, keep the camera off the audience on the days when you film twice. 

• Love 6
5 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

I think she's filming two shows a day now. Not all days, we know she films Friday's show in Thursdays but she's doing more of that now. So she filmed today's show yesterday. Not a good idea to do on a show where your main claim to fame is supposed to be reporting the latest hot topics. Sometimes, when the camera scans the audience you can see the same people from the "day before". I mean really, stupid people, keep the camera off the audience on the days when you film twice. 

Ok, thanks. I wasn't sure if it was to close to home for her

I know Wendy has said some segments were pre-taped (I remember this when James Brolin was a guest), but I had no idea that whole shows were pre-taped until Wendy mentioned it today when she explained why there was no talk about Khloe on yesterday's HT.  I'm in NYC, so the show is live for me.  I guess I was naive that when the announcer says "live from NY" I believed it (except for the reruns, of course).

A couple of Wendy flubs today - she kept calling that RHONY Luanne woman Suzanne.  Also, not sure if it was an audio problem or an intentional bleep, but during Wendy's discourse on the Khloe/Tristan situation, a couple of Wendy's words were cut out.  You folks who see the show later, let me know if words are missing on your feed too.  Wendy needs to get her ego in check - she seems to be taking credit for discovering this Laniblair woman (Tristan's stripper friend) because she was an audience member a few years ago.

Edited by patty1h
  • Love 4

Did Val Chermkovsky tell Wendy his personal life is nobody's business but his? What a d-bag. Don't come on a talk show if you don't want people to ask questions about your personal life. And nobody cares about VAL Chermkovsky anyway. If it wasn't for his sexy, hot brother, nobody would even know who Val is. 

• Love 3

He may be a dick, but I still thought it was hilarious that Wendy did not know the name of her only guest today. She asked him if Val was short for Valerie when there was a huge photo of his book (which she pretended she had some knowledge of) right behind her that said Valentin Chermkovsky in big letters. It just made me laugh. Hey girl, you just relax, don't exert yourself with too much in-depth research on your guests. :) If his name was Glade PlugIns she probably would have gotten it right. 

• Love 12

Unbelievable for Wendy to talk about a man cheating on his pregnant girl (Tristan's cheating on his pregnant ex with Khloe). Ummmm Wendy, your asshole husband was cheating on you when you were pregnant!! Does she have amnesia or something? How can she talk about this with a straight face? And Wendy stayed with the jerk and is still putting up with his cheating 17 years later. I just can't give her any credibility any more with anything she says. 

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 13
14 hours ago, DrivingSideways said:

Wow, Val Chermkovsky is a complete douchebag.  He really thinks he's something special.

12 hours ago, TVbitch said:

He may be a dick, but I still thought it was hilarious that Wendy did not know the name of her only guest today.

Both statements are very accurate - Val is an arrogant tool and Wendy is an unprofessional idiot. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, SuburbanHangSuite said:

Ntare Guma Mbaho Mwine!  Love his "Ronnie" portrayal on The Chi and seems like such a sweet, introspective man.

Oh, Wendy.  "Partner" does not have to mean "gay."  Just stop it.  And the shade toward the Ugandan names was just downright disrespectful.

I love him on the chi.  The chi is a great show.  

Wendy is so ignorant, it should not surprise me, given that, she once said that HBCUs were racist and anti-White.. 

• Love 3