Type keyword(s) to search

The Wendy Williams Show - General Discussion

• Start Topic

26 minutes ago, patty1h said:

He thinks Wendy has not gone live with her proposed podcast because if she's working she could be liable to pay the ex-husband again.

Was she paying him alimony? Alimony typically has an end date. It wouldn’t matter how much, or how little Wendy was making after the alimony was done.

• Like 2

From what I remember, Wendy was paying Kevin something after the divorce - first guess would be alimony, could be a payoff, could be money from their dissolved corporations/businesses/stocks, etc. 

The talk a few months ago when Wells Fargo was cracking down on Wendy's accounts was that Kevin was going to court to try to get money he seemed to think he was entitled to, which could be a number of sources.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1

Some of this gossip seems plausible to me. I’m sure Wendy thinks Kevin took enough. Between the settlement, what he took during their marriage (money to buy his then mistress a car, a home and goodness only knows what else), and what he took as EP of her show). He was used to living high on the hog. Somehow I think she has some money squirreled away somewhere. She is always still wearing designer duds, traveling, hasn’t lost her NYC primary residence etc. If Wells Fargo truly closed her access to the money then how could she have afforded these things? (Not that I trust that bank either. They have been been in the media for some shady practices and I’ve even had neighbors that had big difficulties with them) Everything doesn’t add up. If she’s playing cray cray to keep from paying him, then good for her. I don’t trust my memory on this, but I think she only had to pay him alimony for 3-5 years and only if she had steady employment. 
   I can’t imagine a reality show starring Wendy. What could the premise be? Watching her read gossip magazines in her lymph suit? Playing with the kittens (who should now be full grown cats)? Perhaps a dating show; although what kind of man would be attracted to her (other than for his 15 minutes of fame or her money)? This will be interesting if indeed it does play out. Thanks for the info. 

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

I can’t imagine a reality show starring Wendy. What could the premise be? Watching her read gossip magazines in her lymph suit? Playing with the kittens

I could see this being attempted.  Some producer watches a bunch of those Housewife shows, follows their template and let the shenanigans begin.  I don't even watch those shows but I know how they operate:  Set Wendy up with a bunch of colorful "friends" that hang around and drink and go to clubs and shop.   Some time is spent with Wendy but also you can follow all the other folks and spin off from there - delve into their lives and issues.   Make sure to have at least two people who are "frenemies" so that there's a constant source of drama.

Let the friends do the heavy lifting but cycle back to Wendy just to remind everyone it's her show.

• Like 2

Wendy was alone at a restaurant Friday when a "friend" came to sit with her. He looks familiar. I believe he's a celebrity reporter.

Screenshot_20230321_101005.thumb.jpg.ea7ae45d683e73db38e4f1a1c9607b13.jpg

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-11883429/Wendy-Williams-seen-drinking-raucous-NYC-night-troubled-stars-rehab-stint.html

A snippet of the article:

Wendy Williams was seen drinking during a raucous night out in New York City on Friday according to a new report - five months after leaving rehab and amid her ongoing health challenges.

The host, 58, who is plotting a return to TV, went club-hopping in Manhattan where she visited venues including Fresco by Scotto and gay bar The Townhouse, with a source telling Page Six: 'She kept saying she wanted to get drunk tonight.'

Naughty But Nice podcast host Rob Shuter told the publication the star 'looked lonely' sat by herself but then 'lit up like a Christmas tree to see someone she knew.'

Talking about their meeting on his podcast, he said: 'We had a bite, we had some drinks, but then when we were getting ready to say goodbye, Wendy didn’t really want us to leave' before allegedly suggesting going to a bar.

A diner also told the publication: 'She kept saying she wanted to get drunk tonight. She wasn’t hiding [her drinking]' before claiming the star said she is moving to LA in three weeks.

The source added that Williams said: 'She told this table that she was looking for love — and like in Sex and the City, she’s willing to f***.'

Ex Real Housewives of New Jersey star Kim DePaola greeted her at the restaurant before the group went to The Townhouse where Williams is said to have asked the doorman: 'Do you watch ‘The Wendy Williams Show?’ I’m Wendy Willams.'

The star's presence at the club saw her pose for photos with fans.

DailyMail.com has contacted Wendy Williams' representative for comment. 

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1

Wendy is now saying there is no podcast.

https://www.the-sun.com/entertainment/7695750/wendy-williams-podcast-canceled-before-launch/amp/

A snippet of the article:

WENDY Williams has told friends that her highly-publicized podcast has been canceled before it even launched.

A source close to the former TV host exclusively told The U.S. Sun that Wendy Williams, whose podcast project was officially announced over summer 2022, recently told friends "there is no podcast."

Wendy Williams recently told friends that her highly publicized podcast is not happening
Wendy Williams recently told friends that her highly publicized podcast is not happeningCredit: Instagram/thewendyexperiencepodcast
Wendy last spoke about the podcast publicly in November and declared it would be launched in mere weeks
Wendy last spoke about the podcast publicly in November and declared it would be launched in mere weeksCredit: The US Sun

"It's strange, because she is saying there is no podcast, but is also telling people she's going to return to TV.

"It's hard to figure out what is based in reality."

An Instagram to promote The Wendy Experience podcast launched in July of 2022, and it contains a link to a website selling merchandise with the star's catchphrases and podcast branding.

However, the site's Read More section about the podcast leads to a broken link that announces the "account is suspended."

• Mind Blown 2
  • Useful 1

Per an article in the NY Post, "Wendy Williams is spring cleaning and selling off everything in her penthouse"... even the purple chair!

There is a paragraph that says this cleanout is because Wendy has been telling pals of an upcoming move to Los Angeles, but it also cites a source who says that "she won't go through with it - she seems unwell".   Read for yourself and try to figure out what's happening in Wendyville.

https://pagesix.com/2023/03/31/wendy-williams-selling-all-her-belongings-in-nyc-penthouse-report/

Edited by patty1h
  • Sad 3
(edited)
On 4/5/2023 at 9:10 AM, oliviabenson said:

Wendy is retiring 100%. She is done working.

I think she will try something work related such as a reality show (with a cast…I don’t think she can pull one off by herself). She may start it, but I doubt she’ll be able to handle anything for a length of time. Her past track record has proven this. 

I think she’d love to retire, but I don’t think she has the money to do so. Her ex took so much (to fund his affair) and if she isn’t working she can’t pay him alimony. 

Edited by Mindthinkr
  • Like 1
4 hours ago, CynicalGirl said:

^^ But still collecting a paycheck for it.

I wonder what happened with her big debacle with Wells Fargo Bank. 

That's  pretty much the only thing I wonder about Wendy. 

• Like 1
On 4/5/2023 at 9:29 AM, Mindthinkr said:

I think she will try something work related such as a reality show (with a cast…I don’t think she can pull one off by herself). She may start it, but I doubt she’ll be able to handle anything for a length of time. Her past track record has proven this. 

I think she’d love to retire, but I don’t think she has the money to do so. Her ex took so much (to fund his affair) and if she isn’t working she can’t pay him alimony. 

Yes, supposedly she's filming a reality show. Also, reuniting with her brother & father, & something about Kevin suing a gossip blogger for gay sexual abuse allegations:

• Useful 1

I think Wendy's "reality" might be too scary for the average viewer. Or boring. Who wants to watch her walk around burping and farting, putting hot sauce all over her food, chugging vodka from a bottle and saying "how you doin'?"

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
(edited)

Aw, damn! Word on the street: long time Wendy Williams producer Suzanne got fired by Sherri Shepard. In This Economy!

Mind you, Suzanne must know where allll the WW bodies are buried & she has never said a word! Even tight-lipped NormanT has been benignly caught on camera once or twice. I smell a book deal in 5,4,3,2,1.....

Edited by NowVoyager
  • Like 2
  • Useful 2
16 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

I wonder what all the firing is about unless Sherri isn’t happy with how her show is being run. 
I’m surprised I went away for a month and there is no new Wendy news 😳

I think the firings were only a matter of time & I expect more. Keeping the entire WW staff was a way of appeasing WW fans with the changeover.

Meanwhile, there is a bit of gossip about Wendy moving to CNN, although I don't put much stock in it.

• Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 1
HEALTH CRISIS 

Wendy Williams rushed to hospital twice before troubled ex-TV host cancels major speaking engagement

• Published: 11:26 ET, May 19 2023
  • Updated: 12:17 ET, May 19 2023

WENDY Williams is currently hospitalized as she's missing a major speaking engagement this weekend, The U.S. Sun has exclusively learned.

Multiple sources have confirmed to The U.S. Sun that Wendy, 58, checked into a medical facility two weeks ago.

Sources told The U.S. Sun that Wendy Williams is currently hospitalized in New York
Sources told The U.S. Sun that Wendy Williams is currently hospitalized in New YorkCredit: Dario Alequin for The US Sun
The former queen of daytime TV was first taken to the hospital about two weeks ago
The former queen of daytime TV was first taken to the hospital about two weeks agoCredit: Dario Alequin for The US Sun

At one point, she was briefly released, only to return to the hospital a day later, a source claimed.

One insider close to the ailing star said: "Wendy first went into the hospital about two weeks ago. She was released briefly last weekend, and she went right back in."

A second source said her family is aware she's been hospitalized, but they don't have all the details about what happened as of yet.

"All I know is she is in the hospital right now, and it's not rehab. I don't know which hospital except that she's definitely in New York," the second source said.

The first insider added: "At one point they did not think she was going to come out the other side okay, or at all. 

"The fact that she was able to record something to apologize for canceling her appearance at the Expo is a good sign that she's on the mend now."

A joint statement from Wendy's rep and the Atlanta Women's Expo first given to The U.S. Sun read: "We regretfully have to inform you that Wendy Williams would not be appearing at The Ultimate Women's Expo in Atlanta on May  20th, 2023.

"It was with great consideration that we felt it was best for Wendy to join the Ultimate Women's Expo at a later date.  

"We look forward to releasing those details when they are confirmed."

The statement also thanks Wendy's replacement keynote speaker, Grammy award-winning R&B artist Monica, for taking the former talk show host's place.

The U.S. Sun has exclusively revealed, Wendy canceled her appearance at the Atlanta Women's Expo that was scheduled for Saturday.

CANCELED SPEAKING ENGAGEMENT

Multiple sources told The U.S. Sun that Wendy, 58, bailed on her $25,000 gig for the Atlanta Women’s Expo at the last minute as friends and family grow even more concerned about her well-being.

A rep for the Expo exclusively confirmed the cancellation and added: "There is a video from Wendy that will be played Saturday, apologizing for the late cancellation."

One source said that her team had been going back and forth about the former daytime TV host's health, and if she would be able to take the stage in recent weeks.

"There have been questions about if Wendy was well enough to do it, and there was pushing by some to get her to Atlanta and to put her on that stage."

"Wendy's ability to perform has been rocky at best. She can put together a sentence one day but not the next.

"There have been serious questions recently about if she will ever get better," the insider added.  

The source added that Wendy was expected to get $25,000 for her appearance.

Wendy's appearance has also been stripped from the Expo's website, with the exception of a photo still featured in the event's lineup of speakers.

https://www.the-sun.com/entertainment/8161452/wendy-williams-hospitalized-two-weeks-speaking-engagement-canceled/amp/

• Useful 4

^^ Did she ever stop? Maybe, when she was in rehab. Now they say she's in the hospital, but NOT rehab, was let out for a day (probably against medical advice), then re-admitted the next day.

Granted, she has other legit medical issues but I didn't think anything life-threatening. But she might just be drinking and drugging herself to death.

I guess it's a good thing someone is looking after her money but too bad there is no one looking after her mental/health wellbeing.

She's never going to work again. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 1

Poor Wendy! does she not have anybody in her life to help her and support her? I find this to be such a tragedy... I know that Wendy has said a lot of awful things about people but I don't think that she deserves this type of misery.. 

• Like 5
(edited)
On 6/7/2023 at 2:11 PM, oliviabenson said:

I read something yesterday mentioning that her son was worried about how her current management team has been treating her. I think what I read was from a couple days or more before her latest trip to a treatment facility was brought to light. I know she's done dreadful things in her life. Having said that it's still sad to see the toll addiction takes on the person fighting it and those around them.

I'm hoping her current manager actually cares like he seems like he might going by his comments to ET. She needs someone looking out for her in that way since it's glaringly obvious she hasn't been able to do that for herself in quite awhile.

Edited by Jaded
  • Like 2
On 5/19/2023 at 2:08 PM, NowVoyager said:

The statement also thanks Wendy's replacement keynote speaker, Grammy award-winning R&B artist Monica, for taking the former talk show host's place.

And R&B artist, Monica also thanks WW for a quick cool 25 G's for one day of "work".

I wonder if Wells Fargo still has control of W's bank account? I highly doubt it. 

It's the same stories from WW and her "mangers". Every time.

And I too, have forgotten about her. She can pique my interest if and when, she actually does do something to show us she's making progress. It's almost like she has no other way to keep herself (somewhat) newsworthy by reporting that she's ill mentally or physically. BORING!

• Like 2

Sharina has left Kelvin?? Color me shocked. 😝

He really didn't think this through did he? Thought he could continue his lavish lifestyle with luxury cars, million dollar house, and just live off alimony for the rest of his life? I'm sure he got a lump sum too, what happened to it? Apparently he didn't read the fine print that said if her income stops, so does the alimony.

Not one iota of sympathy for this arrogant asshole.

• Like 7
  • Applause 1
4 hours ago, Jst2Wld said:

Anyone want to bet Wendy gets back together with Kelvin? If the conservatorship allows it?

If she were to I’d lose any modicum of respect that I’m trying to have for her.  Does she even have a support system? Every time I read anything about her she is either having health issues, financial problems and estrangement from her son and siblings. 

• Like 2

Well, she's not in control of her $$ and I think that's all he's interested in. But i wouldn't doubt Wendy would be interested. She is just so lost and desperate that I think she'd welcome Kelvin back to take care of her.

• Like 4
8 hours ago, CynicalGirl said:

Well, she's not in control of her $$ and I think that's all he's interested in. But i wouldn't doubt Wendy would be interested. She is just so lost and desperate that I think she'd welcome Kelvin back to take care of her.

Sadly, I think you are right. 

• Like 4
10 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

No $ no honey! I’m not surprised she left Kevin senior.

Unless I’m missing something…I’m not surprised she left Kevin Sr. When he got his mistress pregnant and was flaunting her in public, I think it was the last straw for Wendy. It wasn’t so much she couldn’t live with what he was doing. She couldn’t live with the gossip and humiliation. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
17 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

Unless I’m missing something…I’m not surprised she left Kevin Sr. When he got his mistress pregnant and was flaunting her in public, I think it was the last straw for Wendy. It wasn’t so much she couldn’t live with what he was doing. She couldn’t live with the gossip and humiliation. 

I meant I’m not surprised sharina left Kevin senior.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Wow, it's been ::crickets:: on the Wendy front for quite a while.  No paparazzi pics, no fighting with banks, no beefing with the ex-husband, no son giving updates, no talk of upcoming podcasts or restaurants or anything.  Did someone finally decide to step up and corral the circus that Wendy's life was becoming or did she put herself in some rehab and is staying away from the public. 

Whatever the reason, I miss being on the Wendy Train.

• Like 5
On 6/29/2023 at 2:36 AM, Jst2Wld said:

Anyone want to bet Wendy gets back together with Kelvin? If the conservatorship allows it?

https://www.the-sun.com/entertainment/9022558/wendy-williams-bizarre-claims-disturbing-womens-expo-video/

If you recall, Wendy was booked for a $25,000 appearance at a Women's Expo back in May. She pulled out & was hospitalized twice in short order. Well, the link above shows a promo video she recorded. She introduces herself as: "Wendy Williams, but really Wendy Hunter because I'm married to a Hunter." It's giving dementia, as if she's lost track of what year it is.

Her "team" sent this video to the Expo people, who rejected it. I hope she has better people around her now.

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Useful 1