Type keyword(s) to search

The Wendy Williams Show - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I’ve been watching the show today. Michael Rappaport is guest hosting. I know he’s not everyone’s cup of tea, but I’m enjoying him. He is very knowledgeable about the housewives shows and had Dolores from RHONJ on as his guest. He alluded to that show having a scene which will be more shocking than Theresa’s table flip. I half believe it. They are always making a mountain out of a molehill to promote those shows and I think the hype is usually over exaggerated.

He also kept the personal discussion about himself to a minimum. He got his teeth talk show host whitened. He also took a video of a man (allegedly) shoplifting at a Rite Aid drug store in NYC. He was smart enough to tell people not to do so if they see something similar. You never know who’s packing a gun. He stated the store is closing because shoplifting has become a big issue. So many brazen criminals are stealing these days. 

Overall I found the show moved along at a good pace and I was enjoying myself. I don’t think  we will ever have Wendy sitting in her purple throne again. I read some gossip about her and it’s more of the same. Drugs and drinking. Allegedly. I think she’s beyond help. Very sad for me to see as I started watching her show late and just witnessed the steady decline of what was probably a good gossip show back in the day. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
4 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

He also took a video of a man (allegedly) shoplifting at a Rite Aid drug store in NYC. He was smart enough to tell people not to do so if they see something similar. You never know who’s packing a gun. He stated the store is closing

Several of the Rite aids in S. California are allegedly closing too.Not sure why.

4 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

I don’t think  we will ever have Wendy sitting in her purple throne again. 

I'm happy with that. I know many people love and worship her but I'm not one of them. Been watching her TV show since it came on.

Her arrogance, greed, selfishness was a process that didn't happen overnight or in a year. But it definitely happened over the past 10+ years. She is a despicable person. Lies, denies, plays the victim. She'll put out a press release soon that her "health issues" were/are the reason she won't return. We all know she does drugs and drinks and she's lazy! Be honest for once in your life Wendy. The truth will set you free. 

I caught only the last 7 minutes of today's show but Michael Rappaport seemed a lot calmer and not as loud as usual. 

• Love 5
On 1/30/2022 at 3:56 PM, patty1h said:

I seriously would be surprised if the show is renewed again.  I read that Wendy's contract runs out later this year (month?) and I feel like we may see a taped goodbye from Wendy in that final month. 

Her contract is up after this season.

Do they usually end the season in early Aug and take some weeks off before Sept?

https://www.wptv.com/entertainment/wendy-williams-show-renewed-through-2022

21 minutes ago, kristen111 said:

Tuesday .. I’m actually loving Michael Rapaport today.  He’s saying things we all are thinking.  Plus, he knows his stuff with just about everything.  Best of the bunch so far, IMO.

I’m stuck with a Shari Shepherd rerun! This is absolutely not fair. My state seems to censor shows. It might be that so I have to ask: Was there anything discussed that might be thought of as inappropriate? Dang I’m mad as a caged cat right now. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, kristen111 said:

Tuesday .. I’m actually loving Michael Rapaport today.  He’s saying things we all are thinking.  Plus, he knows his stuff with just about everything.  Best of the bunch so far, IMO.

Yup, he's my fave of all the hosts. So glad to see him on this morning 😊

• Love 2

We’d. .. No Wendy show today.  Funeral for 27 yr old Cop who was shot for no reason, as usual.  Shown at St. Patrick’s Cathedral, N.Y.C.  Cops came from all over the U.S.A. to show respect.  Sad.  He donated five organs to save lives.

59 minutes ago, kristen111 said:

We’d. .. No Wendy show today.  Funeral for 27 yr old Cop who was shot for no reason, as usual.  Shown at St. Patrick’s Cathedral, N.Y.C.  Cops came from all over the U.S.A. to show respect.  Sad.  He donated five organs to save lives.

I’m sorry you missed the show, and it was actually MR today. I’m sorry to hear about this officer, but it sounds like he was a hero even after his death (donating organs). 

I’m still trying to figure out why MR was not shown yesterday. I’m hoping the HT is on her website by now so I can figure this out. 

14 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

I’m sorry you missed the show, and it was actually MR today. I’m sorry to hear about this officer, but it sounds like he was a hero even after his death (donating organs). 

I’m still trying to figure out why MR was not shown yesterday. I’m hoping the HT is on her website by now so I can figure this out. 

The Funeral was shown on a N.Y. station only.  All other stations, like yours, show what they want, when they want.  Wendy’s show is shown again this afternoon on another channel, so maybe I will get the show.  Check if your stations do also.  Try u- tube too.  Yesterday’s show might be there.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Omg. Is this true?

Wendy's Wells Fargo account has been frozen for 2 weeks & she can't pay her bills!? Apparently, it's because of the allegations she has dementia. She can't pay her mortgages, allimoney or make payroll and is suing.

Edited by NowVoyager
  • Love 2

I saw some another article that discussed the dementia rumor, but their focus was that Wendy is at the point of not being to dress herself and does not recognize a lot of the people that she's known for years.  I didn't pay that much attention because it was more unsubstantiated gossip from "close friends".  

If the bank freeze story is true, there are a lot of questions that go with it:  no bank would freeze assets on someone only suspected of having dementia.  Something in that condition would have to the diagnosis confirmed by a doctor and Wendy personally wouldn't be able to sue anyone - her assets would be handled by someone given power of attorney over her.  Whoever has that power wouldn't need to sue the bank... they'd have access.  (I didn't watch the video that NowVoyager posted, so some of my wondering may have been addressed)

I wonder who would be given power of attorney of her finances - her son, her manager, her sister?

On another note... I saw an article that there are people who are speaking out on the selection of recent guest hosts... there are too many white folks!   These "insiders" are up in arms that Wendy's "all white" showrunners are missing the fact that the show is skewed to an urban demographic and they're resentful that people like Leah Remini is filling in and that Michael Rapaport hosted the first week of February, the start of Black History month.  However, the article cleared up that there are frequent AA hosts too, like Sherri Shepherd, Bevy Smith, Remy Ma, Finesse Mitchell.

I find it funny that no one complains about white Jerry Springer hosting his show, which seems to have a big urban demo.  Seems like some people just like to complain and got nothing better to do than worry about the racial equality of a D list daytime talk show. 

Edited by patty1h
  • Love 4

Before all her troubles with the marriage, Sharina, and the baby, I really liked her show.  She was calm, drank her tea while dishing Hot Topics, loved the cooking part, and selling things that I actually bought.  Then “Ask Wendy” to end the show.  A nice light, calm morning show.  
Now, all the fill ins.  Can’t stand Leah, Sherri, and whoever is loud.  These comedians are too loud and fast, like a machine gun.  I don’t care who they pick, as long as they are quiet and talk and have things like Wendy had and did.  I’d like hot topics, cooking food and selling stuff.  That’s perfect for a one hour morning show.  Wendy did very good before her personal mess.  Now, we don’t even know what the story is about her.  It’s really a shame she’s going thru whatever it is.

• Love 4

I’d just like to state here that Wells Fargo has a history of weird practices. Remember when their tellers had to get customers to open credit card accounts and when the public didn’t the WF people opened them up anyway without the consumers permission? They did this to meet quotas and not get demoted or fired if my memory serves. 

Closer to home I have a neighbor who has been having trouble with them for months. This person divorced. Supplied all the necessary information from the court to get their ex off of their mortgage. WF still won’t allow it and as a result has frozen funds. This person has endlessly fought with them trying to recover their funds which they will not release. This is not the only person I know who has had difficulty with WF Bank. Whatever is going on with WW and the bank, I believe they have done her wrong. Of course I’d need more details to understand the truth, but this could open wide the troubles many ppl have been having with the bank for years. Does WW have dementia? That wouldn’t surprise me. So many drugs and alcohol abuse (allegedly) can do damage to cognitive thinking, but I fail to see that whoever she appointed as POA is unable to access enough funds to pay her bills and the salaries of her employees. 
    Never sign anything that allows a bank to have control of your funds. That was her first mistake and I sincerely hope her legal team can fix this. I wish other news outlets would pick this story up so there is more info about it to dissect what the actual story is. 

Edited by Mindthinkr
Changed some wording.
  • Love 1

I hate all banks. But I've been with WF for 20 years and they've not done anything nefarious with me. I know I don't make the same amount of money WW does so maybe WF is just targeting WW.

We never know what the truth is with WW. Two weeks from now there will be a news story that Wendy is fine and all is well. Or not. 

Edited by chenoa333
  • Love 4
16 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

I wish other news outlets would pick this story up so there is more info about it to dissect what the actual story is. 

^^^ This part right here. This story is so juicy, it gives me pause that mainstream media hasn't picked it up. The video I posted was basically a YouTube gossip blogger showing & reading the lawsuit. It sounded legit to my non-legally trained ears, but who knows.

https://news.yahoo.com/wendy-williams-asks-judge-unfreeze-171738233.html

^^^Yahoo news picked it up. Before that it was 

https://www.the-sun.com/entertainment/4622194/wendy-williams-lawsuit-wells-fargo-unfreeze-assets-dementia/

^^^The Sun. (🙄 You don't have to say it. I know. 🤦🏾‍♀️)

A few other YouTube gossip sites picked up the story almost immediately, but they basically just put their own spin on it. One site suggested that the Wendy William's Show production company, Debmar Mercury (sp?), was behind it in an effort to get Wendy to either show up for work or quit. Another suggested that the Wells Fargo financial advisor was disgruntled at being fired by Wendy, and just acting out of spite.

(A bit off topic: I have zero personal experience with Wells Fargo, except for a plethora of spam texts about my non-existent account with them. However, the YouTube comments sections were full of many, many stories of bad experiences with them. If these stories are true, I am amazed they are still in business & that a woman with Wendy's wealth & financial advisors would do business with them.)

The YouTubers also said: as much as Kelvin Hunter did Wendy dirty having a baby on the side, etc. at least when he was with her, he kept her financial situation straight. Now she has no one to depend on because she has very few friends, isn't close to her family, and has alienated many of the people on her payroll. Personally, I don't think her problem is dementia or Graves disease, I think it's alcohol and maybe drugs. Addicts have messy lives, financial & otherwise, because they spend so much time getting high and neglect basic errands.

Edited by NowVoyager
  • Love 5
On 2/6/2022 at 8:42 AM, Mindthinkr said:

I’d just like to state here that Wells Fargo has a history of weird practices. Remember when their tellers had to get customers to open credit card accounts and when the public didn’t the WF people opened them up anyway without the consumers permission? They did this to meet quotas and not get demoted or fired if my memory serves. 

Closer to home I have a neighbor who has been having trouble with them for months. This person divorced. Supplied all the necessary information from the court to get their ex off of their mortgage. WF still won’t allow it and as a result has frozen funds. This person has endlessly fought with them trying to recover their funds which they will not release. This is not the only person I know who has had difficulty with WF Bank. Whatever is going on with WW and the bank, I believe they have done her wrong. Of course I’d need more details to understand the truth, but this could open wide the troubles many ppl have been having with the bank for years. Does WW have dementia? That wouldn’t surprise me. So many drugs and alcohol abuse (allegedly) can do damage to cognitive thinking, but I fail to see that whoever she appointed as POA is unable to access enough funds to pay her bills and the salaries of her employees. 
    Never sign anything that allows a bank to have control of your funds. That was her first mistake and I sincerely hope her legal team can fix this. I wish other news outlets would pick this story up so there is more info about it to dissect what the actual story is. 

This is the whole problem.  No one knows what’s wrong with her.  Is it physical, mental?  Why is she still under contract with the show?  This has been going on forever.  What kind of operation is this?  Everything is a mystery.  And why?  Everyone involved should shit or get off the pot.

• Love 9
12 minutes ago, kristen111 said:

This is the whole problem.  No one knows what’s wrong with her.  Is it physical, mental?  Why is she still under contract with the show?  This has been going on forever.  What kind of operation is this?  Everything is a mystery.  And why?  Everyone involved should shit or get off the pot.

Her contact expires this year. I doubt it will be renewed because they are paying her big bucks and she can’t even show up to work. I don’t think they will continue the WW show. After her time on the dime runs out any person willing to continue with a gossip show will want their own name on the marquee. I predict she will be history by June. I hope her staff can find either find new employment or someone else can step up as EP with a new host or hostess. 

You are also correct. She has not been transparent about what’s going on and millions of people function well with Grave’s disease to have full time employment.  Something else is going on. I’m leaning towards some kind of substance abuse; be it drugs or alcohol. I also suspect there is some dementia at work here. Norman has been supplying her info for years now as she can’t even get names straight. 

• Love 7
3 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

Her contact expires this year. I doubt it will be renewed because they are paying her big bucks and she can’t even show up to work. I don’t think they will continue the WW show. After her time on the dime runs out any person willing to continue with a gossip show will want their own name on the marquee. I predict she will be history by June. I hope her staff can find either find new employment or someone else can step up as EP with a new host or hostess. 

You are also correct. She has not been transparent about what’s going on and millions of people function well with Grave’s disease to have full time employment.  Something else is going on. I’m leaning towards some kind of substance abuse; be it drugs or alcohol. I also suspect there is some dementia at work here. Norman has been supplying her info for years now as she can’t even get names straight. 

1 hour ago, kristen111 said:
6 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

Her contact expires this year. I doubt it will be renewed because they are paying her big bucks and she can’t even show up to work. I don’t think they will continue the WW show. After her time on the dime runs out any person willing to continue with a gossip show will want their own name on the marquee. I predict she will be history by June. I hope her staff can find either find new employment or someone else can step up as EP with a new host 

Expand  

There comes a time when you have to call it a day, whatever the reason.  She had a good run on radio, then t.v.  What more can she want?  It’s time.  Florida near her family and Son seem like a good idea.  N.Y. Is too difficult.  Living in a hi rise is like being in jail.  Too cooped up.  Then there’s the elevator and cabs.  Florida is one floor, nice weather all the time and more private.  A better and easier life.  Just my opinion.

Edited by kristen111
  • Love 3
6 minutes ago, NowVoyager said:

Sherri Shepherd to Become 'Permanent Guest Host' On 'Wendy Williams Show' https://www.tmz.com/2022/02/08/wendy-williams-show-sherri-shepherd-replacement-permanent-guest-host/

The title of this article sounds definitive, but if you read it, it's not official. 

Is the show going to be continue being named the WW Show? I can’t see her producing it, as she can’t even seem to be running her own life at the moment. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

Is the show going to be continue being named the WW Show? I can’t see her producing it, as she can’t even seem to be running her own life at the moment. 

Good question. Maybe WW will allow the show to keep her name and pay her for that? "The WW Show with your host Sherri Shepard"? 

I doubt it but maybe the horse that's being beaten isn't dead yet. So many conflicting news stories. Who knows what to believe.

• Love 5
13 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

TMZ reported today that Sherri would finish out the season under the WW Show as permanent host. I'm speculating if all goes well, next season the show will be retitled.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
14 hours ago, MsTree said:

TMZ reported today that Sherri would finish out the season under the WW Show as permanent host. I'm speculating if all goes well, next season the show will be retitled.

That is different than what the NY Post says. Seems Sherri would be the back up plan for next season if Wendy can't start in Sept. I guess it is rotating guest hosts until summer.

If Wendy gets her act together between now and Sept, she will be back.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Beginning September 2022, former “The View” co-host Shepherd, 54, will take over the series regularly, however, one source tells Page Six that the move will not be forever.

TMZ reports that producers will monitor Williams progress between now and September, which is when they would premiere the show’s 15th season.

If the media maven is healthy enough to host by then, she’ll be welcomed back with open arms. If not, Shepherd will take over and producers will consider a name change for the talk show."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

https://pagesix.com/2022/02/08/sherri-shepherd-named-permanent-guest-host-of-wendy-williams-show/?_ga=2.139095219.1087585307.1644445151-482862150.1644445151

Edited by Rightside
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1

Regardless of who's hosting, whether the show will be renamed, or whether WW will be back...as of yesterday, I've already deleted this off my DVR's scheduled 'series record'.

The only exception I'll make is when MR hosts. Otherwise, this show is dead to me.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, MsTree said:

Regardless of who's hosting, whether the show will be renamed, or whether WW will be back...as of yesterday, I've already deleted this off my DVR's scheduled 'series record'.

The only exception I'll make is when MR hosts. Otherwise, this show is dead to me.

I don’t have a DVR, but feel the same. MR does a good job and has a lot of insight on the Real Howives. Well maybe if it’s a guest I particularly like I’ll tune in if someone else is hosting. 

• Love 5

I just read in another N.Y. Paper that Sherri will take over if Wendy doesn’t come back.  They are still giving Wendy a chance to get better.  I won’t watch Sherri.  I would have watched M.R.  Is that the best they could do?  Comedians?  At least Michael doesn’t scream and yell.  Don’t they realize that?

• Love 4

I still have it on my dvr but haven't watched since the guest hosts arrived. Just hit delete.

I can't believe they're still acting like they're waiting to see if Wendy gets better and will be coming back. Please. I don't see that happening, and I thought her contract was expiring this year anyway. If they think a miraculous recovery and comeback are in the works, they're idiots IMO.

• Love 8

I've never heard of a bank freezing someone's assets just based on the opinion of a financial advisor. There has to be more to this story.

At the very least, they should release funds to pay her mortgage and make payroll. Her employees shouldn't be penalized. Oh and poor Kelvin either. lol

Shades of Britney Spears.

Edited by CynicalGirl
  • Love 2

The latest is Wendy still doesn't have access to her bank account. Wells Fargo said they will pay her bills directly to historical creditors: utlities, mortgage, employee salaries, etc. They are going to trial next week. 

5 hours ago, CynicalGirl said:

I've never heard of a bank freezing someone's assets just based on the opinion of a financial advisor. There has to be more to this story.

At the very least, they should release funds to pay her mortgage and make payroll. Her employees shouldn't be penalized. Oh and poor Kelvin either. lol

Shades of Britney Spears.

^^^This part right here.

I'm kind of over the show without Wendy. But, this mess!? I'm not gonna lie. I'm:

Dis Gonna Be Good Jason Momoa GIF

• LOL 6
  • Love 1

This was filed today:

February 11, 2022

VIA NYSCEF Hon. Arlene Bluth

Supreme Court of New York,

New York County

60 Centre Street

New York, NY 10007

RE: HUNTER v. WELLS FARGO CLEARING SERVICES, LLC d/b/a WELLS FARGO ADVISORS Index No. 650570/2022

Dear Justice Bluth:

We submit this further correspondence to the Court on behalf of Petitioner as her counsel in the above-captioned matter. Due to the urgency of the relief requested, our client was unable to notarize an affidavit prior to our filing of the Emergency Petition, which is why we proceeded with her affirmation. However, it was and remains our intention to present a properly executed and notarized affidavit by Petitioner to this Court at a hearing on this matter. However, as such hearing has not yet been directed by the Court, we have enclosed a courtesy copy of Petitioner’s affidavit, to address opposing counsel’s concern about her unsworn affirmation.

While our client appreciates Respondent being “open to arrange to release funds directly to the creditors to pay outstanding amounts that have been historically and regularly paid,” it calls into question why such historically and regularly paid outstanding amounts ceased in the first place if those bill payments were not subject to suspicion of undue influence or financial exploitation as they have alleged to this Court and in a guardianship proceeding, again of which neither our client nor her designated Power of Attorney have received any service of process for or have any knowledge of it being commenced. Nonetheless, we request an order directing the immediate release of those funds by Respondent and we also reiterate our request before this Court to have a hearing to, among others, avoid any delay in bill payments being made due to any potential dispute between the parties as to whether any outstanding amount is “historical” or “regular.” 

We thank the Court for its kind consideration of this matter.

Respectfully,

Celeste McCaw

CC: David Pikus, Esq.

Enclosure: Affidavit of Petitioner, Wendy Williams, sworn to on February 11, 2022.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3

Thanks @KWalkerInc for that clip. She sounds good, and looks good. I don’t think this was an off the cuff recording as she had her make up on. I think she made it to show everyone she is not incapacitated and as out of it as the people trying to control her money would like everyone to believe. Her problem is with Wells Fargo Bank. Frankly I know a few people who also are having trouble with that financial institution. A neighbor has been fighting to get their money from the bank. After giving them proof (for the third time) they agree that they deserve their money back yet the bank will not put the funds back into their account. Another person got divorced, gave them the judgment stating that the house was fully his and the bank still won’t take his ex’s name off of the mortgage and then allowed her to take a line of credit on it 😳 Needless to say it is the closest bank to me, but I wouldn’t trust them with my spare change. 

As @chenoa333 has pointed out many times, her cats are gone. She can’t be having these prolonged stays in Florida and keep their well being in mind. They are young and get destructive if not mentally stimulated. I doubt she is paying the money necessary for someone to go in feed them, clean their litter box and socialize with them. I pray that she surrendered them to a no kill shelter. I hope she chooses no more pets in the future. 

I wonder that she won’t just flounce back in the beginning of July (2 weeks before her contract runs out) gets high ratings because of everyone’s curiosity about her return, and they give her a extension. Time will tell. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Mindthinkr said:

I think she made it to show everyone she is not incapacitated and as out of it as the people trying to control her money would like everyone to believe. 

Let's not forget all of the photos of her (in the beginning of her umpteenth hiatus) that showed her in a wheelchair, disheveled, bug-eyed, dressed like an escapee from a psych ward. The crazy wig with a huge paper clip on top. 

Why no comment from her on THOSE photos? Were they strategically publicized for sympathy votes? Did she want people to believe she was nuts but not on drugs/alcohol again? 

The cats: she disposed of them long before she went on hiatus this time. 

And why would Wells Fargo choose a somewhat "famous" celebrity to take to court if they have no legal right to do so. I'm sure Wells Fargo has a much better team of prominent attorneys than Wendy does. She probably went to Legal Aid to get representation.

As usual, it all smells as fishy as Wendy's pantyhose. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

Frankly I know a few people who also are having trouble with that financial institution. A neighbor has been fighting to get their money from the bank. After giving them proof (for the third time) they agree that they deserve their money back yet the bank will not put the funds back into their account. Another person got divorced, gave them the judgment stating that the house was fully his and the bank still won’t take his ex’s name off of the mortgage and then allowed her to take a line of credit on it 😳 Needless to say it is the closest bank to me, but I wouldn’t trust them with my spare change. 

I don't know about the first situation, but getting divorced and having the house deeded to you doesn't mean the bank will take your ex-spouse's name off the mortgage. In most cases, they won't because that person is still responsible for the loan, whether they signed the property over or not. That's not the bank's concern. It's up to you to get the loan refinanced in your name only, and sometimes that will be a condition in your divorce agreement.

I went through this myself and luckily my ex let me keep the loan in both our names until I was in a financial situation to get a loan on my own (which I eventually did). He knew my credit was good and that I would never miss a payment. (I always joked that the mortgage was the only good credit he had, since his wasn't stellar). Now, why they let the ex get a line of credit is a mystery because she no longer had a legal right to the collateral.

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
22 hours ago, KWalkerInc said:

Wendy posted a video taken of her walking on a Florida beach to a new Instagram account (not associated with the show).

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/wendy-williams-makes-rare-comments-about-health-new-video-195151071.html

I heard that video was taken over a year ago. Two things stood out: First, she mentions her mom, dad, etc. in the present tense. Her mother is dead. Second, she states her age as 56, she's 57.

I might have the ages wrong, but suffice to say she gave her age as a year younger than what she is now. And while an excuse could be made that she stated her wrong age, there's no reason for her to talk about her mother as if she were still alive.

• Useful 6
  • Love 2