Type keyword(s) to search

The Wendy Williams Show - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I think Leah Remini thinks she has it in the bag.  I hope not.  She didn’t even give the other one with her a chance to talk.  Leah always had to have the floor, and it was annoying, just like her.  Norman looked very happy today.  Maybe because it was Leah’s last day. Lol.

• LOL 2

Who is hosting Monday's show? The commercial breaks show Sherri starts on Tuesday. 

I liked today's show. Especially Leah and Michelle thanking and appreciating everyone they worked with on the show: Norman, Suzanne, Suss, Rambo, the camera people and many others. 

Leah and Michelle might be loud but they seem like really kind people. 

• Love 5
16 hours ago, kristen111 said:

I think Leah Remini thinks she has it in the bag.  I hope not.  She didn’t even give the other one with her a chance to talk.  Leah always had to have the floor, and it was annoying, just like her.  Norman looked very happy today.  Maybe because it was Leah’s last day. Lol.

I like Leah & Michelle together, and believe that their banter is give & take. IOW, Michelle doesn't mind being Teller once in a while because she knows Leah is the comedian and actually enjoys her friend's wit.

I also believe that when producers asked Leah to host, Leah asked if she could actually co-host with Michelle. From what we've learned about them, that is exactly the kind of friend Leah is...always looking out for, and caring about her friends. And if she could give Michelle the opportunity to possibly be part of a show, that's something she would do. To that end, I hope TPTB offer them a gig.

• Love 1
14 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

Who is hosting Monday's show? The commercial breaks show Sherri starts on Tuesday. 

They're probably doing one of those panels again.  They seem to like to have those on Monday.  The online listings were no help, because they just say, "Wendy Williams offers advice on various life issues."  The fact that they have kept going without Wendy for so long is probably just because it is reportedly the last season of the show's contract, so they want to squeeze out all they can.  The ratings articles (which seem to come out later every week) keep saying that the ratings are the same level they were at this time a year ago (except when Michael Rapaport hosted), so I guess it doesn't hurt them to keep bringing out guest hosts.  I remember Wendy's ratings going up in January after the Lifetime movie aired, so they might not be able to keep up at that point, but the advertisers probably feel it's better than reruns or nothing.

• Useful 1
On 12/8/2021 at 8:34 PM, chenoa333 said:

That article implies W is returning. That's sad news. I'm sure Norman, Suzanne and Suss are ecstatic. 

On 12/8/2021 at 9:01 PM, Showthyme said:

I don’t think that Wendy is returning to her duties as a host. If anything, she will return for a series of So long Wendy shows.

I don't think she's coming back either. I think they'll continue with this roster of guest hosts until her contract it up, and then that's it for the Wendy show. Based on the ratings, one of the guest hosts might get an offer for a new Wendy-like show. 

Daytime talk shows are a dime a dozen. So many only last a few seasons and then they're done. Wendy had a good run, even though her show's only been good for the snark factor for a long time now. Time for her to hang up her fishnets and tennies and ride into the sunset.

• Love 6
On 12/10/2021 at 4:16 AM, KWalkerInc said:

Wendy's Twitter account says Michael Rapaport is hosting again January 10-14 (even though the ratings were lousy when he hosted the first time).  I don't know if they really expect Wendy to ever return or if they just want to keep covering the shows for the rest of the season so that staff can still work and the production company can still make money.  They really wouldn't have to cover too many weeks beyond what they have set up since there are often a few weeks of reruns in March and April.

I recently read that Wendy will be coming back in February, not sure I am not sure if that is true or not.

^ I'll believe it when I see it. If her problems are truly physical, I don't know how anyone can predict she'll make a miraculous recovery in February. If it's addiction issues, maybe, if she's in rehab. But she's been seen out and about so she's apparently not inpatient anywhere. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Now they may not have Sherri to guest host for a while.  Yahoo's homepage today has an article that Sherri had emergency surgery for appendicitis over the weekend and the show will be bringing in Michael Rapaport to fill in for her this week. 

You know it's a mess when the fill-in host (Sherri) for the missing host (Wendy) needs her own fill-in host (Michael).

The Yahoo link is here

• LOL 4
4 hours ago, MsTree said:

Exactly! And unlike Wendy, she's showing that even surgery won't keep her from showing up!

Determination.  That’s one thing I do like about her.  She fights for what she wants.  She’s still alone and has to fight for herself.  She just has to keep it down a notch.  She doesn’t have to yell, there’s a microphone there.

• Love 9
On 12/15/2021 at 8:00 AM, kristen111 said:

Determination.  That’s one thing I do like about her.  She fights for what she wants.  She’s still alone and has to fight for herself.  She just has to keep it down a notch.  She doesn’t have to yell, there’s a microphone there.

I agree.  I also think Sherri is very appreciate of the work she gets.

I wonder if she would move back to NY if she was offered this show? I couldn't see her turning it down.

• Love 4

This story is on Yahoo today --- various sources have revealed that "Wendy's son has given her an ultimatum that if she doesn't change her ways, he will no longer be in her life".  This is part of the article:

Wendy’s relationship with Kevin Jr has been strained,” a source told The Sun. “He gave her an ultimatum. He told her he won’t be in her life unless she fixes herself. Her son has been doling out the tough love, telling Wendy, ‘Get yourself help, mom.’”

Insiders say Williams has relapsed and has been drinking alcohol daily and was even drinking while she was filming The Wendy Williams Show last season.

The rest of the article is here

• Love 7
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

A complication can be heart problems. 🤷🏼‍♀️

In Wendy's case it made her heart cold and dead. And please, someone call the Fashion Police on her! She definitely wants to be noticed.

Edited by chenoa333
  • Love 4

I haven't watched in a while but I'm curious if the show has continued the tradition of giving Xmas presents to the audience this year.  If yes, what kind of items were gifted?   I always watched Xmas week and rated the gifts on whether they were good or bad.  A few years ago, it was great stuff -- they were giving out nice cookware and decent electronics.  Last 2 years were pretty dismal - they gave gift certificates to a place that will mount your photos onto plexiglass or something and also a foam sofa, that would even look tacky in a dorm room.  I remember that the cohosts reaction to that couch was pretty low key, the cheering and clapping went from loud to no likey. 

Is TWWS giving out the good stuff or is it coal this year?  Are those poor staff people still being made to dress up like Nutcracker soldiers?

• Love 1
17 minutes ago, patty1h said:

Is TWWS giving out the good stuff or is it coal this year?

On today's show (Friday) Sherri gave away Patti La Belle's sweet potato pies. One per each audience member. Not a very generous gift but I'm sure Sherri has no say in it.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

How long is the station going to beat a dead horse.  Wendy is not fit to do a show anymore, so call it a day.  She had a good run.  Time to move on.  All this speculation is getting stale.  They have to start from scratch.  Everything about Wendy’s condition is a big secret.  She’s sick,she’s coming back, she’s not coming back?  Who gives a shit at this point.  It’s only a show.  Too much mystery.  For what?  Just put a nice Travel Show on.  Something quiet and soothing for the morning.  Just MO.

• Love 10
18 hours ago, patty1h said:

I haven't watched in a while but I'm curious if the show has continued the tradition of giving Xmas presents to the audience this year.  If yes, what kind of items were gifted?   I always watched Xmas week and rated the gifts on whether they were good or bad.  A few years ago, it was great stuff -- they were giving out nice cookware and decent electronics.  Last 2 years were pretty dismal - they gave gift certificates to a place that will mount your photos onto plexiglass or something and also a foam sofa, that would even look tacky in a dorm room.  I remember that the cohosts reaction to that couch was pretty low key, the cheering and clapping went from loud to no likey. 

Is TWWS giving out the good stuff or is it coal this year?  Are those poor staff people still being made to dress up like Nutcracker soldiers?

I got some nice gifts a few years ago. I too am wondering if there are any giveaways this year.

Edited by iwantcookies
  • Love 2
On 12/17/2021 at 11:08 AM, ginger90 said:

A complication can be heart problems. 🤷🏼‍♀️

Ok. I admit all I know about Graves came from google, and I don't mean to minimize its seriousness or effects, but when it comes to Wendy, it's all so vague and seems to be her "go-to" excuse for her problems when everything else seems to point to mental health and substance abuse issues. 

Everything I've read seems to indicate this is a treatable condition and only leads to heart complications if left untreated. Surely Wendy has access to excellent medical care.

From Mayo Clinic "rarely life-threatening"

https://newsnetwork.mayoclinic.org/discussion/graves-disease-rarely-life-threatening-but-can-lead-to-heart-problems-weak-bones/

• Love 5

I’m thinking that Wendy may be depressed. That her drinking is secondary to her feeling low all the time. Her son may want her off the booze and probably taking an antidepressant. If she has trouble with the drinking then she would need a rehab again. She could be helped by some therapy if she’s still having trouble how Kelvin Sr publicly moved on with another woman. Her son is probably sick of her complaining about how her life was turned upside down and her health issues which seem to be exacerbated by whatever she is self medicating with. 

• Love 5

No sympathy here for Wendy. She brought all of her shit on herself. She should have kicked her ex to the curb years ago when she first found out about his affair. It was widely known in the industry, but she kept up a good front and has been in denial for years. If she had faced reality all those years ago, she would be in better health today both physically and mentally.

• Love 7
20 hours ago, MsTree said:

No sympathy here for Wendy. She brought all of her shit on herself. She should have kicked her ex to the curb years ago when she first found out about his affair. It was widely known in the industry, but she kept up a good front and has been in denial for years. If she had faced reality all those years ago, she would be in better health today both physically and mentally.

Wendy used to always make fun of women who were single, getting a divorce or having relationship problems with their significant others all the while pretending to be happily married to that jerk Big Kev..

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, Pearson80 said:

Wendy used to always make fun of women who were single, getting a divorce or having relationship problems with their significant others all the while pretending to be happily married to that jerk Big Kev..

I don't like to see anyone struggle so I wish Wendy the best, but I remember this too. She was someone who placed too much value on being married. Being happily married is a wonderful, beautiful thing. But you can have a great life enjoying your family, friends and passions without being married. I'd love to have a sweet, loyal partner who's a great match for me, but I'd rather be single than deal with an abusive, cheating jerk. 

• Love 12
14 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

I don't like to see anyone struggle so I wish Wendy the best, but I remember this too. She was someone who placed too much value on being married. Being happily married is a wonderful, beautiful thing. But you can have a great life enjoying your family, friends and passions without being married. I'd love to have a sweet, loyal partner who's a great match for me, but I'd rather be single than deal with an abusive, cheating jerk. 

She knew for years that he was cheating, but still stood with him.  Didn’t she realize he would leave at a certain point?  Did he move on his own, or did she kick him out when she found out about the house he bought for Sharina?  I don’t even remember.  I think all her problems are mental, especially about him.  Bet she would take him back even after all this.

• Love 6

^ From what I remember, the story about him buying the house was in the Daily Mail years before they actually split up. There were pictures of the mailbox with mail addressed to him. Wendy said nothing publicly and her answer was to take a vacation with him and have paps take pics of them on the beach. Till (almost) the bitter end, she was declaring "All is well in Hunterville!" So I'd say she knew for years but the baby was the clincher. Even with that it's not clear who initiated the actual split. Did Kelvin decide he wanted to be with his new baby mama or was that just finally too much for Wendy to put up with.

I think she thought he would stay because of the money and business aspect of their relationship. That she had some power because she held the purse strings. She was wrong.

And I agree she put way too much value on being married. It can't have been much of a marriage if he was practically living with another woman. She was the breadwinner and there's no reason she couldn't make it on her own but instead she just fell apart.

• Love 6
50 minutes ago, CynicalGirl said:

^ From what I remember, the story about him buying the house was in the Daily Mail years before they actually split up. There were pictures of the mailbox with mail addressed to him. Wendy said nothing publicly and her answer was to take a vacation with him and have paps take pics of them on the beach. Till (almost) the bitter end, she was declaring "All is well in Hunterville!" So I'd say she knew for years but the baby was the clincher. Even with that it's not clear who initiated the actual split. Did Kelvin decide he wanted to be with his new baby mama or was that just finally too much for Wendy to put up with.

I think she thought he would stay because of the money and business aspect of their relationship. That she had some power because she held the purse strings. She was wrong.

And I agree she put way too much value on being married. It can't have been much of a marriage if he was practically living with another woman. She was the breadwinner and there's no reason she couldn't make it on her own but instead she just fell apart.

You are right.  He probably was stashing money away for awhile, for a future with the girlfriend.  It was just a matter of time when he would leave.  

• Love 4
2 hours ago, KWalkerInc said:

The main Primetimer page has now reported that Wendy's (guest-hosted) show and Nick Cannon have both pushed their return dates to January 10 because of the COVID spike.

Not laughing about the Covid spike. Laughing that this is just another excuse for WW to take more time off. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 4

Please stop with the ass kissing of Wendy. Sherri today giving homage to "THE QUEEN". Thanking Wendy for allowing her to host the show. And homage to Wendy for some favorite carrot cake she loves. Homage to Wendy for walking in high heels (THAT train left the station years ago!) 

FUCKING PUHLEEZE! I'm out. Changing channels. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, CynicalGirl said:

Well, she wasn't coming back until February anyway (*wink wink*)

I don't know why these shows just don't go back to remote for awhile. It's what they were doing for months. 

I don’t know why the channel just doesn’t dump her right now.  

1 hour ago, chenoa333 said:

Please stop with the ass kissing of Wendy. Sherri today giving homage to "THE QUEEN". Thanking Wendy for allowing her to host the show. And homage to Wendy for some favorite carrot cake she loves. Homage to Wendy for walking in high heels (THAT train left the station years ago!) 

FUCKING PUHLEEZE! I'm out. Changing channels. 

All kiss asses.  Sheri and Remini especially.  You would think she was a Johnny Carson.  I can’t stand both their screaming and yelling.  Norman and Suzanne are waiting for the verdict.  Enough already.  Cancel and start over.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

The producers made Sherri do that. This is a repeat from the first time Sherri guest hosted this season.

All the guests hosts did major suck ups.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

My guess is that the Guest hosts have to praise Wendy.

No doubt about that! I can just picture Wendy in her lymph machine watching her show. No wig, hair in a top knot, crazy eyes, eating pork rinds with hot sauce and just seething with contempt for all of her substitute hosts. 

Like Sherri doing the big boobs, cinched waist and long slit in her skirt, high heels. 

Wendy cussing at the tv " you bitches need to thank me more!" Lol. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
42 minutes ago, chenoa333 said:

No doubt about that! I can just picture Wendy in her lymph machine watching her show. No wig, hair in a top knot, crazy eyes, eating pork rinds with hot sauce and just seething with contempt for all of her substitute hosts. 

I can picture this. It’s a good thing I didn’t want dinner tonight. 

• LOL 7

Like Sherri doing the big boobs, cinched waist and long slit in her skirt, high heels. 

Wendy cussing at the tv " you bitches need to thank me more!" Lol. 

And loudly burping/farting multiple times 

• LOL 7
  • Love 1

The New York Post put out their "11 Cringiest and Most Embarrassing Celebrity Moments of 2021" and guess who is on it?   Our Wendy, of course!  It's the infamous simultaneous burp and fart combo that happened back in March.  So classy.

The article is here -- Wendy's bit is the last one on the page.

• LOL 1

I just ran across Michael Rapaport guest hosting.  I think he can be controversial, but he carried it ok.  I think he needs a co-host to pull it off, though.  He can be funny and he knows his realty tv, but I don’t think he’d be interested in this show full time.  His take on the bathtub scene in SLC housewives was pretty funny and even got me interested to check it out.  This must be old, because he’s promoting shows to air at Thanksgiving.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

Rappaport hosted a few times and I thought he improved as he went along. 
Nobody is going to knock it out of the park day one. 

I agree. And I'm ok with any of the guest hosts. I like all of them better than Wendy. But what I like most of all, is how happy the employees are since she's been gone.

There is undeniably, a big change in everyone's demeanor and cheerfulness. From Norman, DJ Suss, Brandon, Suzanne. They'll never SAY they're happy she's gone but it's quite obvious.

And I'm happy she's gone as well. 

• Love 4