Type keyword(s) to search

The Wendy Williams Show - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I thought Michael Rappaport did a great job as guest host. He knows the show, the gossip and actually brings energy to what is usually a bland show. The fact that he is really into so many of the reality shows makes him relatable to viewers.

• Love 5

I thought Michael Rappaport was getting a divorce from his wife. Last time he was on with Wendi they verified that they were divorcing. Anybody know the update? Monday had gotten erased if he addressed it.  Did I get him confused with someone else? 

The last regular gig I remember Michael having was a show on FOX in the mid 2000's called The War At Home. He's been in a lot of other things I've watched though. Looking at his IMDB profile he's been working steadily for quite awhile. Most of his more recent gigs that lasted longer were on shows I didn't watch. The first times I remember seeing him was in the 90's when MTV had their Rock N’ Jock B-Ball Jam basketball games over a few years. The MTV stuff isn't listed on his IMDB but if one searches online records of it are findable.

Michael has always had a big mouth which he's gotten a foot stuck in more than once over his trash talking. Sometimes he's needed to take the hint to STFU and failed to do so. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

Looking at his Wiki profile I was reminded of this...

Rapaport was arrested on May 18, 1997, for harassing ex-girlfriend Lili Taylor and charged with two counts of aggravated harassment. He then pleaded guilty to the charges in court and New York Supreme Court Justice Arlene Goldberg issued a protection order to keep the actor from contacting Taylor, as well as mandating that he undergo counseling sessions.

and this...

In June 2018, Rapaport, while on an American Airlines flight from Houston to Los Angeles, stopped another passenger from opening an emergency door mid-flight.

• Love 4
31 minutes ago, Kira53 said:

I thought Michael Rappaport was getting a divorce from his wife. Last time he was on with Wendi they verified that they were divorcing. Anybody know the update? Monday had gotten erased if he addressed it.  Did I get him confused with someone else? 

I couldn't find anything regarding him and divorce outside of his first wife. Maybe he talked about her last time he was on? 

On 11/10/2021 at 7:25 PM, chenoa333 said:

Glad I'm not the only one who doesn't know "jack" about Michael Rappaport. I've seen him on Watch What Happens Live but that's about it. I don't like him. 

He is very loud and judgemental, and has been around for many years, but he does know his stuff about TVs and movies.  People either love him or hate him.  He plays lots of bully parts in movies.  Eh!  I’ve come to realize that Wendy probably makes viewers comfortable with her slow talking like she’s in your living room with you.  Since Big Kev split, she depends on Norman for information, as she’s not prepared like when Kev was there.  He probably did everything, and now she can’t do it all without lots of help.  Just my opinion anyhow.  The rest coming up aren’t so great either.  So, who knows.

• Love 1
On 11/10/2021 at 10:17 PM, Kira53 said:

That’s news to me.  I didn’t hear that on Monday.  He was talking about his wife all week.  Everything sounded fine.

• Love 1

So far, there’s nobody perfect for the spot.  Michael and Jerry are hyper, Sherri and Remini too loud and crazy, and I don’t know who would be good.  I’m watching Nick Cannon at 11 am, and he’s very loud and all over the place too, but has good guests.  I think comedians are a bit too much for an hour show.  They’re only good for stand up.  That’s just me tho.

On 11/10/2021 at 10:17 PM, Kira53 said:

I think you may be thinking of Gary Owen. He's also a white male comedian/actor married to a black woman. Everything you described fits. He was on Wendy earlier this year talking about their upcoming divorce. Wendy even hit on him on air. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
On 11/13/2021 at 12:18 AM, kristen111 said:

I think comedians are a bit too much for an hour show.  They’re only good for stand up.  That’s just me tho.

I agree!! 

Sherri could be so good but she needs to tone it down.

Edited by Rightside
  • Love 4
On 11/13/2021 at 2:25 AM, A.J. said:

I think you may be thinking of Gary Owen. He's also a white male comedian/actor married to a black woman. Everything you described fits. He was on Wendy earlier this year talking about their upcoming divorce. Wendy even hit on him on air. 

Yes, that who I confused him with.   I was confused when he was talking all about his wife and his wife and his wife and his wife. Neither of these two I’ve ever seen on anything other than Wendy so I did get them confused as comedians who talk a lot about their wife. It was cringe worthy when Wendi was hitting on Gary Owen.  Both loud and kind of crude. I don’t watch any of the housewife stuff so I couldn’t remember who was into them. I do think he did a pretty good job with the material. He was smart to pull in his two sidekicks since they would have some opinion about a permanent replacement.  

I like Sherry Shephard in the role as well since she has some demographic similarities to Wendi. Formerly fat black women with bad taste in men.  I forgot about wearing wigs all the time. At least Sheri has her memory  and has some sense of humor about herself. 

• Love 1
On 11/12/2021 at 7:01 AM, Rightside said:

He fits the vibe for this show.  And seemed to work well with Suzanne and Norman.

I'll bet he will hosting again!!

Just to be honest, all of the guest hosts (like them or not) have interacted quite well with Norman, Suzanne, Suzanne's husband, DJ Suss) And it has been, IMO, a very sincere and respectful verbal exchange. The WW employees seem genuinely happy without her.  Not like the fake happy when WW is there. 

Unlike Wendy, who is always mean to Suzanne, only looks to Norman when she is dazed and confused about which celeb she is talking about. 

ETA: my apology if I already posted this once. 

Edited by chenoa333
  • Love 7

So today's show with the panel of four talking about Sarah Jessica Parker being criticized for looking "old", showing her gray hair etc. It was a photo of SJP having lunch with some people outside in NYC. I kept wondering who the old, haggard looking guy was sitting next to her. Then they mentioned it was Andy Cohen! 😄 He looked awful but nobody bothered to point out that Andy looked old and grey too. Double standard I guess.

• Love 9

I was just on Youtube and todays Trendy at Wendy segment was posted.  I expected to see Bill Bellamy after seeing the announcement about a week ago with the lineup of upcoming guest hosts.  Instead I see Bevy Smith.... did they say why the switch out/no Bill?   Not that I planned on watching because I have no interest in seeing BB's hosting skills, but wonder if they can't even get the fill-in hosts OR the host to show up.

• Useful 1
4 hours ago, patty1h said:

expected to see Bill Bellamy 

I have no idea who he is and I care so little I can't even get myself to google him! 😄 

4 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

7B177CDE-77A4-4D18-BB1B-204091FDD45B.jpeg

Are tickets free or are they still paying people to "board the Titanic"? Lol.

Edited by chenoa333
  • LOL 4
5 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

So today's show with the panel of four talking about Sarah Jessica Parker being criticized for looking "old", showing her gray hair etc. It was a photo of SJP having lunch with some people outside in NYC. I kept wondering who the old, haggard looking guy was sitting next to her. Then they mentioned it was Andy Cohen! 😄 He looked awful but nobody bothered to point out that Andy looked old and grey too. Double standard I guess.

Yep,he did look old.  I got scared when I saw Sarah Jessica, in full makeup no less.  Charlotte had lots of work done.  They all did.  I can’t imagine what the show will be about.

• Love 3
9 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

I have no idea who he is and I care so little I can't even get myself to google him!

Bill Bellamy is an actor/comedian, but I only really watched him when he was an MTV VJ when  I was in high school (early '90s) hosting "MTV Jams."  I liked him then, but I think I liked the music he was playing better than him, as I later found him annoying.  He did a short-lived action show I watched on FOX sometimes called "Fastlane" with Tiffani Thiessen (Saved by the Bell & 90210) and Peter Facinelli (Jennie Garth's ex-husband & I think he might have been in Twilight movies).  That was in 2002 though, so he has to have done a whole bunch of things since then to still be known, but I can't think of any of them because I fell behind the times awhile ago!

• Love 3
23 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

Just to be honest, all of the guest hosts (like them or not) have interacted quite well with Norman, Suzanne, Suzanne's husband, DJ Suss) And it has been, IMO, a very sincere and respectful verbal exchange. The WW employees seem genuinely happy without her.  Not like the fake happy when WW is there. 

Unlike Wendy, who is always mean to Suzanne, only looks to Norman when she is dazed and confused about which celeb she is talking about. 

ETA: my apology if I already posted this once. 

Suzanne and husband look very happy lately. 

• Love 5

I watched the show today with Jerry Springer and Steve Wilkos. Caught myself laughing a few times. Mind you I had seen Jerry many years ago when he was hugely popular and nothing much else was going on. Before all the physical fighting on stage began. The audience seemed into him. Twice they broke out into the Jerry…Jerry chant. The banter was easy between the two of them and they were able to get in some Hot Topics when not talking about themselves or the olden days when they had a show. Not the overly WW style of doing things other her trademark phrases to take them to commercial or shoe cam. All of it was not everyone’s cup of tea, but I’m recovering from 3 root canals yesterday and I’d rather watch the show than repeat what I did yesterday. 

• Love 7
36 minutes ago, druzy said:

I'm not sure I'm buying the part about W having early onset dementia. I think that would be something she would want to keep private. Who knows. She lies so much. And the part about being confined to a wheelchair because of her lymphedema.

I'm not that knowledgeable about medical conditions but don't people with lymphedema need to get up and walk around to stimulate their circulation? 

And please, can we stop bringing up Wendy's divorce from 3 years ago as an excuse? 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, chenoa333 said:

I'm not sure I'm buying the part about W having early onset dementia. I think that would be something she would want to keep private. Who knows. She lies so much. And the part about being confined to a wheelchair because of her lymphedema.

I'm not that knowledgeable about medical conditions but don't people with lymphedema need to get up and walk around to stimulate their circulation? 

And please, can we stop bringing up Wendy's divorce from 3 years ago as an excuse? 

Wendy in a wheelchair due to lymphedema just doesn’t make sense. Treatment usually includes exercise. 

I don’t know how alimony works. Can Wendy get it reduced if she is not working? 

I think that Wendy didn’t come back in September because she was in rehab due to substance abuse and has since decided that she doesn’t want to return. 

• Love 3

She was showing signs of dementia for the last 4-5 years.  IMHO.  I have no idea if it’s true or if it has been diagnosed but she didn’t seem to know much about gossip, even her beloved housewives shows.  When the show started she had 2 Normans to remind her of who the people were and what their names were.  what other show had all these people to prompt the host about their specialty?  

Edited by Kira53
Spelling
  • Love 1

I honestly believe all this crap with Wendy, including her current ailments, is mostly to get the attention of Big Kev. I don't know why, but I get the feeling she wants him to feel sorry for her and/or make him feel guilty for her current condition.

For whatever reason, she wants this man because apparently he's the only one that ever put up with her. She doesn't want to start a new life or have a new boyfriend because she's too damn lazy. This is why she held onto him in the first place, regardless of his blatant cheating all those years. Sorry Wendy, but I seriously doubt he's going to come running back to you.

• Love 8
10 hours ago, Showthyme said:

Wendy in a wheelchair due to lymphedema just doesn’t make sense. Treatment usually includes exercise. 

It’s not really out of the ordinary. There is no cure and mobility definitely is an issue. Injury to the area(s) is the biggest concern. Once there’s an infection there will be another one, and another one, and so on.

• Love 1
15 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

They also have a machine where you put your legs in to reduce swelling. I wonder if she has one and if she uses it. Her diet is also not making her swelling any better. 

• Love 2

I got the impression this information came from Wendy's brother. Who knows if he's authorized to speak for her or just an attention-seeker. 

Honestly, I don't think her problems are physical, more like mental and addiction issues. Depression.  Dementia wouldn't surprise me really. Yes, it's been 3 years since her divorce, and she tried to keep up this newly single city "girl" but she can't function alone. Her mother died, she doesn't seem close to her family or have any close friends. Her son is grown and has moved away. She put up with lots of crap from Kelvin over the years because she desperately wanted to remain Mrs. Hunter. It wasn't until HE wanted out (and the baby of course) that they split. Who knows, maybe he earned every penny putting up with her all those years. She's clearly bonkers. 

I don't know why they keep pretending she's coming back. I really don't see that happening.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Nicmar said:

They also have a machine where you put your legs in to reduce swelling. I wonder if she has one and if she uses it. Her diet is also not making her swelling any better. 

She does have a Lymphodemia machine, and stated (before her extended leave of absence) that she used it daily. I’d venture to say she used it sporadically because during those times she was also beginning to get out and about. Dating and doing the restaurant scene. 
  I agree her diet leaves a lot to be desired. It is high in sodium which causes one to retain fluids, not release them. She also seems to favor greasy foods. Fired chicken, and chicken wings. She was a vegetarian for awhile, but seems to had given it up. 

• Love 4

Now Wendy's brother is denying that he said she has early onset dementia, per the gossip website Dlisted.   That's the problem with gossip... anyone can start it and say just about anything.  Did the brother say it or did this Rickey Smiley say it cause he needed something juicy to draw people to his site?  It's a crapshoot as to what is the real story.

The story is here

• Love 2
25 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

She also seems to favor greasy foods.

She also seems to favor drugs and alcohol. How many times did she do her show obviously high and buzzed. The glazed eyes, Wendy asking the sound guy to keep playing the shoe cam music for at least 2 minutes. All the while W is sitting there giggling like a teenager. She was absolutely phucked up. 

It's always a sad thing when we lose a parent. But W had her mom in her life til she died at 85ish. That's a long, blessed time to have your mom. It's NOT enough to excuse her bizarre behavior. 

Lymphedema, divorce, Grave's disease, loneliness...stop with the excuses for your addictions and start being thankful for what you have Wendy. Quit being a miserable ungrateful biatch.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, Nicmar said:

Lots of people have swollen ankles and legs.  I’ve had swollen feet at times from salty food.  You can’t eat sardines from the can, herring, chips, etc., which she has to have.  My friend just sent me a flash about her, but it’s already written.  Wheelchair, early dementia.  I can totally see that.  Its not the end of the world.  Her slot will carry on.  Hot sauce is a killer also,and she has to have it on everything.  Who carries that in their pocketbook?  She probably puts it in her morning tea, lol.

• Love 3
18 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Wendy’s symptoms do fit with cognitive decline.  Of course, it could be something else too.  

I think the baby girl was a clincher.  Big time.  I don’t think Big Kev would leave Sharina and baby.  Is that her name?

• Love 1

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.  I’ll start with nice n salty shrimp cocktail with horseradish sauce ..then my feet will blow up.  Then comes out the water pill, lol., which gives me a headache.  Maybe I’ll have a Bloody Mary too.  That will really do it.  I’ll wear my big  bunny slippers.

• LOL 7
19 minutes ago, kristen111 said:

I think the baby girl was a clincher.  Big time.  I don’t think Big Kev would leave Sharina and baby.  Is that her name?

Sharina probably APPRECIATES Big Kev. Wendy IMO never did. She thought she was the Queen of everything including Big Kev. 

People like to be appreciated. Period. Wendy can't even show compassion or caring for her dog and her 2 cats. They were expendable. Just like her husband. She probably thought "Oh he'll never leave me. I'm a celebrity and hot shit."  And then she has those ginormous balloons which she thinks make her sexually desirable. She's just gross.

Here's my PSA:

PLEASE Wendy lovers of a young age, DO NOT emulate Wendy. She is not cool. She is not smart. She is not a good role model especially for women. Try these women: Maya Angelou, Michelle Obama, Rosa Parks, Coretta Scott King. 

Take off the silly tiaras and find women of color to truly be proud of. Wendy is NOT one of them. 

• Love 9
4 minutes ago, chenoa333 said:

Sharina probably APPRECIATES Big Kev. Wendy IMO never did. She thought she was the Queen of everything including Big Kev. 

People like to be appreciated. Period. Wendy can't even show compassion or caring for her dog and her 2 cats. They were expendable. Just like her husband. She probably thought "Oh he'll never leave me. I'm a celebrity and hot shit."  And then she has those ginormous balloons which she thinks make her sexually desirable. She's just gross.

Here's my PSA:

PLEASE Wendy lovers of a young age, DO NOT emulate Wendy. She is not cool. She is not smart. She is not a good role model especially for women. Try these women: Maya Angelou, Michelle Obama, Rosa Parks, Coretta Scott King. 

Take off the silly tiaras and find women of color to truly be proud of. Wendy is NOT one of them. 

Wendy had a good home.  Good educated parents and siblings.  She was driven to do something good.  She was a homebody.  What and why went wrong?  Too full of herself?  Too demanding?  Went down the wrong path, like so many others.

• Love 1