Type keyword(s) to search

The Wendy Williams Show - General Discussion

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, chenoa333 said:

Just speculation on my part, but I believe Wendy knows her show is going to be permanently cancelled real soon (if it hasn't been already) Then she can blame the cancellation on poor ratings because SHE wasn't there to host the show due to illness or her CBD (chronic bullshit disease) WW is so easy to "read". Those strategically planned photos of her in public looking like an escapee from a state mental hospital. Then it's rumors of Covid, then it's Graves disease. Yes, she's planned this out. Premeditated  bullshit. 

Yeah, the WW show is sinking faster than Jimmy Hoffa. However, I'm intrigued by Steve Wilkos hosting the show.

I am going to purge my inner soul right now and admit that I like Steve.

Not Chronic Bullshit Disease, lol! 🤣

• Love 4

Also, I know most folks liked Sherri Shepard. I agree she performed well for the most part. However, I cannot get past her scandal: She got married. Hired a surrogate to carry an embryo using her husband's sperm and a donor egg. While, the surrogate was pregnant, she filed for divorce and disowned her unborn child. I will forever look at her sideways for that.

• Love 12

Wait, so what happened to the poor baby? Did the surrogate keep it or was it put up for adoption. 

Yes I don't care for Sherri, she's trying to be like Wendy and spends 10 minutes of the opening kissing Wendy's ass.

• Love 4

https://pagesix.com/2016/03/13/sherri-shepherd-begged-for-a-child-and-then-abandoned-us/

This article is kind of old, but I'm too lazy at the moment to pull up all the receipts. Sherri Shepherd pays $4,100 a month child support to her ex-husband, but has never met the child. At one point the surrogate was facing legal action for being responsible for the child, but that was eventually resolved. It was A Mess!

Edited by NowVoyager
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, NowVoyager said:

Also, I know most folks liked Sherri Shepard. I agree she performed well for the most part. However, I cannot get past her scandal: She got married. Hired a surrogate to carry an embryo using her husband's sperm and a donor egg. While, the surrogate was pregnant, she filed for divorce and disowned her unborn child. I will forever look at her sideways for that.

100% AMEN!!!  I cannot look at her without thinking about that. I can’t believe “Hollywood” hasn’t made more of an issue over this. It’s disgusting. She acted like Sal “duped” her or something. Meanwhile if you watched The View during that time you know she was just as man hungry and excited to get remarried etc. They got very far thru the surrogacy process before she filed for divorce. If she was carrying the child she would be “stuck” with it half the time so the fact that it was a surrogate and she just washed her hands of the situation absolutely disgusts me.

• Love 8
7 hours ago, LEILANI2 said:

Yes I don't care for Sherri, she's trying to be like Wendy and spends 10 minutes of the opening kissing Wendy's ass.

I'm sure the producers made Sherri kiss up to Wendy. All the guest hosts have done it.

Edited by Rightside
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, abc123 said:

100% AMEN!!!  I cannot look at her without thinking about that. I can’t believe “Hollywood” hasn’t made more of an issue over this. It’s disgusting. She acted like Sal “duped” her or something. Meanwhile if you watched The View during that time you know she was just as man hungry and excited to get remarried etc. They got very far thru the surrogacy process before she filed for divorce. If she was carrying the child she would be “stuck” with it half the time so the fact that it was a surrogate and she just washed her hands of the situation absolutely disgusts me.

Sherri wasn't interested in the child because she was not the biological mother, not that there was a surrogate.

Since she was married to Sal at the time, she was the "legal" mother of the child. So she basically gave up her parental rights to Sal and pays child support.

• Useful 4
8 hours ago, NowVoyager said:

Also, I know most folks liked Sherri Shepard. I agree she performed well for the most part. However, I cannot get past her scandal

4 hours ago, abc123 said:

100% AMEN!!!  I cannot look at her without thinking about that. I can’t believe “Hollywood” hasn’t made more of an issue over this. It’s disgusting. 

I wanted to mention the abandoned baby stuff when I was commenting on her inappropriate manhungry antics but thought my previous post had criticized her enough. I'm glad you two and others said something about it.  Tori Spelling's classless husband did something similar when he left his previous family for her. That situation involved adoption though.

• Love 4

I understand where you all are coming from regarding SS and the baby. However a child needs a parent that love them and want the child in their life. If SS would have resented  (right or wrong) the child at every vist, it's better she's not involved . She financially supports the child and that's good for the child.

As far as Hollywood turning on her, they would have to turn on many Hollywood men who have left children in the dust to be raised by a mother and moved on to new families. 

As a mother I totally see why people are disgusted but I don't think a child is better off with a parent that does not feel parental towards them.

• Love 6

Are Sherri's boobs natural or implants? They are HUGE! Enough with the big titties. 

And what happened to the purple chair? Did WW stain it from farting too much or is she just making a statement to the guest hosts?  Kind of like marking her territory? 

I could barely watch 3 minutes of the show when W was still hosting. I still can't get through more than that. However, I love coming here to read my PT posters comments and updates!

• LOL 2
  • Love 6

I thought I'd be watching this week because I rather liked Sherri's hosting the previous time, but she turned me off on Monday and I skipped the rest of this week.   Reading the comments here about her kids and husbands made me recall the story that I heard about Sherri that always made me side-eye her...  she was on The View and someone talked about people who believe that the earth is flat, and then Sherri admitted that she didn't really know if the world was round or flat.   She played it off that with some drivel that it just never occurred to her to wonder about it and that she was too busy taking care of her kid to think about such things blah blah.   Okay, lady.

Looking at the guest hosts who will be filling in the rest of the month, it's apparent I won't be watching until December.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

And what happened to the purple chair?

That is Wendy’s special throne and nobody else is good enough to sit in it. 
(Really with all of the above mentioned bodily functions, who would want to!) 

• LOL 10
4 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

That is Wendy’s special throne and nobody else is good enough to sit in it. 
(Really with all of the above mentioned bodily functions, who would want to!) 

Febreze is the purple chairs bff!

• LOL 5
17 hours ago, NowVoyager said:

I never knew that.  So, who’s Jeffrey’s Father who she divorced also?   What happened to the baby?  I think her career is more important than anything. I did not care for her hosting this week.  She’s talks the same thing.  Her fat stomach, and looking for a man.  Plus, she was too loud and fast talking.  It got on my nerves.  She’s not host material, only stand up comedy.  
There comes a time to call it a day.  Wendy should retire and be with family.  She can do a talk show from home over the radio.  She’ll be more comfortable at home.  I’m shocked the channel kept her this long.  She should bow out gracefully.  It’s time.  Who knows what’s wrong with her, but it’s not good.  The show is too much for her.  Before Big Kev did everything.  Now, it’s up to her and she can’t handle it.  It’s not the end of the world to lose a show.  She’ll survive.  Fans forget fast.

• Love 6
On 10/21/2021 at 10:25 AM, druzy said:

I tried to watch today. Leah and her friend were reading tweets that said they are doing great hosting the show. The show continued to go down hill from there.  I gave up when Michael Rapaport came on.

When is Sheri hosting? I think Nick Cannon is going to take over the 10 am spot.

I don’t think Nick Cannon is doing that good either.  He talks so fast, I don’t know what the heck he’s saying.  His ratings are low I heard.  Too loud.  His show does not hold my interest at all.

Edited by kristen111
  • Useful 2
17 hours ago, NowVoyager said:

https://pagesix.com/2016/03/13/sherri-shepherd-begged-for-a-child-and-then-abandoned-us/

This article is kind of old, but I'm too lazy at the moment to pull up all the receipts. Sherri Shepherd pays $4,100 a month child support to her ex-husband, but has never met the child. At one point the surrogate was facing legal action for being responsible for the child, but that was eventually resolved. It was A Mess!

Thanks for all this.  I’m looking at her in a different light now.  I’m going to read the story.  Wendy knew Kev was cheating.  She sort of accepted it, but when the girlfriend became pregnant, she went nuts.  To top it off, it was a girl, and Wendy always wanted a daughter.  That was her demise, not her thyroid, nothing.  My opinion anyhow.

• Love 8
14 hours ago, patty1h said:

it's apparent I won't be watching until December.

What's happening in December? 

ETA: Sherri's teeth really annoy me. Probably more than her breasts.  Her teeth look like huge dentures. They're probably veneers but damn they are so fake looking. And I agree that Sherri was more tolerable last year when she hosted. 

Edited by chenoa333
  • Love 1
21 hours ago, Rightside said:

Sherri wasn't interested in the child because she was not the biological mother, not that there was a surrogate.

I guess my point is that if you go to surrogacy route you’re still planning on being the child’s mother. So why is it OK for her to abandon her rights to this child because she does not have genetic connection just because they divorced before the child was born? I mean yeah… I guess it’s good that if she wasn’t going to be interested then she is not involved, but it’s just gross. And I’m pretty sure she had to be forced to pay that child support so my guess is she really just wanted to wash her hands of it all.

• Love 1
12 hours ago, kristen111 said:

I never knew that.  So, who’s Jeffrey’s Father who she divorced also?   What happened to the baby?  I think her career is more important than anything. I did not care for her hosting this week.  She’s talks the same thing.  Her fat stomach, and looking for a man.  Plus, she was too loud and fast talking.  It got on my nerves.  She’s not host material, only stand up comedy.  
There comes a time to call it a day.  Wendy should retire and be with family.  She can do a talk show from home over the radio.  She’ll be more comfortable at home.  I’m shocked the channel kept her this long.  She should bow out gracefully.  It’s time.  Who knows what’s wrong with her, but it’s not good.  The show is too much for her.  Before Big Kev did everything.  Now, it’s up to her and she can’t handle it.  It’s not the end of the world to lose a show.  She’ll survive.  Fans forget fast.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/people.com/celebrity/sherri-shepherds-first-husband-seeks-full-custody-of-their-son/%3famp=true

https://www.bet.com/article/4m296v/sherri-says-these-celebs-warned-her-not-to-marry-her-ex

https://www.google.com/amp/s/theboxhouston.com/371701/sherri-shepherds-ex-writes-open-letter/amp/

I see her first ex husband cheated on her and fathered a child outside of the marriage. Huh.

• Useful 1
2 hours ago, abc123 said:

I guess my point is that if you go to surrogacy route you’re still planning on being the child’s mother. So why is it OK for her to abandon her rights to this child because she does not have genetic connection just because they divorced before the child was born? I mean yeah… I guess it’s good that if she wasn’t going to be interested then she is not involved, but it’s just gross. And I’m pretty sure she had to be forced to pay that child support so my guess is she really just wanted to wash her hands of it all.

Another point is going into the surrogacy Sherri knew it was her money that was financing it all. She obviously decided at some point that she didn't want to have anything to do with the child which was her right. Most of us didn't take kindly to that decision especially since that child didn't ask to be born. She also put the woman who carried said child into a really tough position financially and legally for quite awhile until being forced to do what was right in that case too.

I'm willing to bet that Sherri's inner voice was telling her that the surrogacy was a bad idea before entering into it and she didn't listen. She decided to go through with it anyway and seemed to think she could just walk away from it all. 

Sal her second husband who's raising the child seems to have been pretty quiet after tag teaming with the first husband didn't work out.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

What is the over/under that Wendy never returns? I haven’t watched her show in ages & haven’t watched the guest host shows either. I was just curious if they have a whole other show lined up or they just going to use her set and plug in a host? I assume it will probably be tweaked a bit to the strengths and weaknesses of whatever host is picked though. 

4 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

What's happening in December? 

This meant that I have no reason to watch in November, and I'll be checking back in December to see 1) if Wendy is back, or 2) if there is a new crop of guest hosts that grab my interest, unlike the Nov. lineup.

• Love 1

I hate to say it (because sometimes she can be too loud and bit annoying), but Sherri is the only so far that actually did "hot topics" and inserted humor into each one. IOW, Sherri out-hot topic(k)ed Wendy...and did it all without staring into space and going off on a tangent.

• Love 3
19 hours ago, ByaNose said:

What is the over/under that Wendy never returns? I haven’t watched her show in ages & haven’t watched the guest host shows either. I was just curious if they have a whole other show lined up or they just going to use her set and plug in a host? I assume it will probably be tweaked a bit to the strengths and weaknesses of whatever host is picked though. 

Wendy has been doing this "disappearing act/hiatus" thing off and on for at least 2 years. So it's nothing unusual. 

Don't be surprised if she returns after the new year. And she won't mention a thing about why she was on hiatus for 8 months. She'll just pretend like she never was gone.

She's a waste of time. However, THIS time might actually be her last time. 

Edited by chenoa333
  • Love 5
12 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

Wendy has been doing this "disappearing act/hiatus" thing off and on for at least 2 years. So it's nothing unusual. 

Don't be surprised if she returns after the new year. And she won't mention a thing about why she was on hiatus for 8 months. She'll just pretend like she never was gone.

She's a waste of time. However, THIS time might actually be her last time. 

If Wendy returns it will not be until January, after the holiday break. 

Wendy’s contract will not be renewed.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Showthyme said:

If Wendy returns it will not be until January, after the holiday break. 

Wendy’s contract will not be renewed.

I thought her contract was renewed awhile ago for 3(?) more years. Possibly til 2023?

I don't consistently watch her show so I'm just going by what I recall her stating (bragging) a year or so ago about her show being renewed for several years.

Of course contracts have lots of legally binding stipulations and Wendy taking off most of the past years due to "illness" could be a deal breaker.

I have a friend who was hired to work for a company that knew she had Chrone's disease. She said according to the ADA she could not be fired no matter how often she called in sick. However, she didn't abuse that option. Used it but didn't abuse it.

Not sure if maybe WW has that ADA option as well. But it sure is suspicious that she should have been fired a long time ago but hasn't been.

• Love 2
On 11/4/2021 at 3:15 AM, NowVoyager said:

Not only that, but I’ve discovered she’s good at stand up, not a full show.  Too hyper and loud.  Besides, how many times can she say she’s hungry for a man, has a fat stomach, and has to pay alimony .. I mean child support.

• Love 3
On 11/4/2021 at 7:02 PM, patty1h said:

I thought I'd be watching this week because I rather liked Sherri's hosting the previous time, but she turned me off on Monday and I skipped the rest of this week.   Reading the comments here about her kids and husbands made me recall the story that I heard about Sherri that always made me side-eye her...  she was on The View and someone talked about people who believe that the earth is flat, and then Sherri admitted that she didn't really know if the world was round or flat.   She played it off that with some drivel that it just never occurred to her to wonder about it and that she was too busy taking care of her kid to think about such things blah blah.   Okay, lady.

Looking at the guest hosts who will be filling in the rest of the month, it's apparent I won't be watching until December.

I don’t watch the View and can’t understand why they picked her.  Is she up to date with politics?  Or was she just there to make jokes out of everyone?

Monday:  So far Michael Rapaport is the best.  After the ass kissing to Wendy, he was on point with everything.  He knows all about the Housewives, and Movie Stars, which is good.  He gets to the point quickly with the business at hand.  He did a good job with Trendy and Ask Wendy.  He can just talk a little bit lower tho, but did a great job the first day.  I wouldn’t mind if he takes over the show.  Best so far IMO.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, kristen111 said:

Monday:  So far Michael Rapaport is the best.  After the ass kissing to Wendy, he was on point with everything.  

Soooo, I hadn't planned on watching this week because I know Rappaport from his guesting on the Howard Stern show the last couple years, where he's loud, obnoxious, a bully, threatening violence on staff members.  He also can be funny but the all the aggression takes that away.   

I guess I can handwave his Stern stuff on being OTT for the radio, and give him a pass for it and check out how he did on Wendy.

Edited by patty1h
It's OTT, not OTP
  • Love 4
On 11/4/2021 at 9:53 PM, kristen111 said:

Thanks for all this.  I’m looking at her in a different light now.  I’m going to read the story.  Wendy knew Kev was cheating.  She sort of accepted it, but when the girlfriend became pregnant, she went nuts.  To top it off, it was a girl, and Wendy always wanted a daughter.  That was her demise, not her thyroid, nothing.  My opinion anyhow.

Plus, the heart wants what it wants.  We can’t blame the girlfriend.  She might be a wonderful girl for all we know.  Maybe Big Kev and the girlfriend get along very well.  Maybe he was tired of taking care of Wendy and the show.  He sure made lots of money from it, now wants to live a normal life with her and the baby.  It’s not for us to say, as we don’t know what went on in their house.

• Love 1

So today, Dorinda Medley was on.  Snippy as usual.  Her book was all about throwing roses at herself.  She was FIRED because she was very nasty to Tinsley Mortimer.  Viewers wrote in.  She crucified that girl to no end, but will never admit to it.  She was a nasty drunk and used her boyfriend.  Now, she comes on all nice like she was the perfect Housewife.  I don’t even know why she was on today.  Andy Cohen coming on this week should be interesting.

• Love 5
On 11/6/2021 at 9:41 PM, chenoa333 said:

I thought her contract was renewed awhile ago for 3(?) more years. Possibly til 2023?

I don't consistently watch her show so I'm just going by what I recall her stating (bragging) a year or so ago about her show being renewed for several years.

Of course contracts have lots of legally binding stipulations and Wendy taking off most of the past years due to "illness" could be a deal breaker.

I have a friend who was hired to work for a company that knew she had Chrone's disease. She said according to the ADA she could not be fired no matter how often she called in sick. However, she didn't abuse that option. Used it but didn't abuse it.

Not sure if maybe WW has that ADA option as well. But it sure is suspicious that she should have been fired a long time ago but hasn't been.

Oh yeah, either side could term the contract for medical/mental illnesses i would think. That's PROB the only thing keeping her employed right now is that she's under a "doctors care" and he hasn't released her. 

On 11/8/2021 at 9:08 AM, kristen111 said:

Monday:  So far Michael Rapaport is the best.  After the ass kissing to Wendy, he was on point with everything.  He knows all about the Housewives, and Movie Stars, which is good.  He gets to the point quickly with the business at hand.  He did a good job with Trendy and Ask Wendy.  He can just talk a little bit lower tho, but did a great job the first day.  I wouldn’t mind if he takes over the show.  Best so far IMO.

totally agree!  

• Love 1

When I searched for info about Wendy's contract, the articles that came up said that a two-year extension for the show was announced in 2019 (season 11), so maybe this season is the last one on the contract?  She could definitely be getting desperate if that is the case, in spite of her talk in the past of wanting to retire one day to become "Professor Wendy."

Here is a 2019 article:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-news/wendy-williams-show-renewed-two-more-seasons-1239646/

• Useful 3
2 hours ago, KWalkerInc said:

When I searched for info about Wendy's contract, the articles that came up said that a two-year extension for the show was announced in 2019 (season 11), so maybe this season is the last one on the contract?  She could definitely be getting desperate if that is the case, in spite of her talk in the past of wanting to retire one day to become "Professor Wendy."

Here is a 2019 article:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-news/wendy-williams-show-renewed-two-more-seasons-1239646/

Good article.  I think she is suffering from “Sharina and Baby Girl” syndrome.  She just can’t get over someone taking Big Kev away from her and those fabulous boobs.  Yuk.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, NowVoyager said:

Please. For the love of God. Let Wendy have gotten her implants removed. Amen.

THAT will never happen. Every ounce of self worth that W has, is invested in those boobs. She is nothing without them. These two boobs are the ONLY thing about W that men want to "date". She knows it, I know it, we know it. 

• LOL 5
2 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

THAT will never happen. Every ounce of self worth that W has, is invested in those boobs. She is nothing without them. These two boobs are the ONLY thing about W that men want to "date". She knows it, I know it, we know it. 

I thought it was her thigh gap that she loved to show off 🤢

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
On 11/4/2021 at 12:13 PM, Jaded said:

I wanted to mention the abandoned baby stuff when I was commenting on her inappropriate manhungry antics but thought my previous post had criticized her enough. I'm glad you two and others said something about it.  Tori Spelling's classless husband did something similar when he left his previous family for her. That situation involved adoption though.

I think, even if she stayed with Sal and the baby, she would never be around anyway.  Her career is more important, as she is driven.  She would have been an absent Mother.  She probably feels $4100 is worth it to be free of both of them unfortunately.

On 11/8/2021 at 11:08 AM, kristen111 said:

How did he go from being the cop with Phoebe on Friends to this??

I know he has been on the show before but I need to google him since I really don't know anything else about him!

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Nicmar said:

I thought it was her thigh gap that she loved to show off 🤢

I think guys would be embarrassed to be seen with her and those gigantic balloons.  They look so fake.  Plus, when she goes to the Clubs, she wears very low in the front dresses which make her look more ridiculous.  Not a pretty sight.  No class.

Edited by kristen111
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, Rightside said:

How did he go from being the cop with Phoebe on Friends to this??

I know he has been on the show before but I need to google him since I really don't know anything else about him!

Neither did I.  I’ve seen him in the movie “Beautiful Girls” with Uma Therman and Rosie ODonnel,and Matt Dhillon, which was a great movie.  He played a jerk and bully.  Looking him up, he’s been around awhile in clubs and movies.  Who knew?  This will be very beneficial to him.