Type keyword(s) to search

The Wendy Williams Show - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I love the part about the "exciting line up of guest hosts and panels." 😄 What a crock of $hit. 

Is there anyone who wants this part time job? Anyone who needs it? (Besides Jerry O'Connell?)

By the time she comes back it will be the holidays and she'll be off again for 2 months. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
20 minutes ago, patty1h said:

Whoever they get to host, I just don't want them kissing Wendy's ass every five minutes like they made them do in the past.  That mess was sickening.

That's SOP for filling in for the farting, belching queen. It must be written in the "fill in" hosts contract to mention, every minute, how much everyone loves and misses Wendy.  Whoop whoop. 

Wendy needs to go for good. As a person who watches weekday tv I can honestly say there are many other channels/shows to watch (on cable) in her time slot. I don't watch Wendy unless the ID channel is running a commercial break. Food Network too. Animal Planet. Nat Geo. 

Bye Wendy!

Edited by chenoa333
  • Love 7

Tyra Banks might fill in. Tyra had her own talk show. I went to it, it was sooooooo boring.

Maybe Omarosa?

Sharon Osborne would be awful maybe she can co host 😂.

I can’t wait to see who is going to cohost.

Edited by iwantcookies
  • LOL 5

Well we have said all along that someone else should be hosting as the crew have been on hold too long without a paying gig. I’m glad someone else will be filling in. Not because I want the time slot saved for her, but for all those that have kept her on air much longer than she ever could have without their support. This begs me to question…why isn’t the show just canceled? Isn’t there only one year left on her contract? Buy her out. Surely it’s cheaper to let her go and get some real talent to take her place. Tyra Banks? Sorry. I don’t think she would be a good fit, but I’d be willing to check her out once or twice if she got the job. Nah, just drop this show and help her crew find replacement jobs. All of those that have stuck with her deserve better. We deserve better. 

• Love 6
1 minute ago, iwantcookies said:

Maybe her crew is working at Nick’s show. 

I hope they are steadily employed. She has no loyalty other than to herself. Look at what happened to her dog and we know those kittens could not have stayed in her apt while she has been “in treatment”. For all they did (Norman, Suzanne, her producers and crew) to keep it running they deserved better. I hope that you are right Cookie and they are happily employed on a show with someone like Nick Cannon who does have a work ethic. 

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

I hope they are steadily employed. She has no loyalty other than to herself. Look at what happened to her dog and we know those kittens could not have stayed in her apt while she has been “in treatment”. For all they did (Norman, Suzanne, her producers and crew) to keep it running they deserved better. I hope that you are right Cookie and they are happily employed on a show with someone like Nick Cannon who does have a work ethic. 

Wendy cares about NOBODY but Wendy. She is a disgusting excuse for a human being. 

• Love 6

We’d.:   So, as everyone already knows, Wendy not coming back this season according to “Newsday” this morning.  She has to take care of her health issues she’s been having.  Guests will take over.  I meant “Wednesday” up there.  Can’t fix it.  Reporting from Long Island, N.Y.  lol.

• Love 5

Put her in A Place For Mom. Or maybe there's assisted living facilities for old radio talk show hosts.

I hope Norman can find another job that pays him well. Suzanne too. I will certainly miss Norman if the WW show tanks. I like his laugh and his sunny personality. He's funny too. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, chenoa333 said:

Put her in A Place For Mom. Or maybe there's assisted living facilities for old radio talk show hosts.

I hope Norman can find another job that pays him well. Suzanne too. I will certainly miss Norman if the WW show tanks. I like his laugh and his sunny personality. He's funny too. 

Edited by kristen111
  • Love 2

I don't know how to post info from Instagram on this forum but Norman said he was in Mexico during "week 7 of the hiatus". Apparently, he didn't know (at that time) that the hiatus will most likely be forever!

And I might add, Norman was looking very handsome in his photos in Mexico.

1 minute ago, iwantcookies said:

This is Wendy? OMG she looks so different now.

49949EFA-20C3-4E9A-AA0C-B7ADA064F0A2.jpeg

That photo is from 2014. She has morphed (several times) into many different creatures.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
1 hour ago, chenoa333 said:

If Steve Wilkos can get a talk show after being on Jerry Springer for many years, maybe Norman can get his own talk show. I definitely prefer him over nasty Wendy.

• Love 5

I was pondering why the showrunners are keeping the Wendy show on the air when the star is not able to host for the foreseeable future. I don't think Wendy is getting special treatment - think about it, if Kelly Ripa or Rachael Ray suddenly got "sick" and had to bow out of their show for an unknown amount of time, I'm pretty sure the producers would keep it going until Kelly/Rachael said it's time to officially pull the plug.  Ryan Seacrest would get a one or a few co-hosts until Kelly got better. Same with Rachael - stick in a revolving door of perky folks who can cook, like Carla Hall, and keep the lights on until the bitter end.

So we can just settle in for the long haul of guest hosts and panels of D-listers until Wendy's health gets better or it gets so bad that it's made official that Wendy can't do it anymore.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
14 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

Got an email to go to Wendy taping : 10/20 Leah Remini will host!

JMO, but that doesn't excite me. Doesn't Leah have a game show to host?

I will, however, be interested in seeing how many times Leah has to kiss Wendy's ass.."Oh Wendy we miss you, wish you the best and we cannot wait to have you back again asap in your purple chair. You are the best at what you do and we are crying because you aren't here. We will do our best to carry on in your absence and make the show a success."

Yuck. I'm sure Jerry is going to be in the line up of hosts. 

• LOL 1
7 hours ago, Bookish Jen said:

If Steve Wilkos can get a talk show after being on Jerry Springer for many years, maybe Norman can get his own talk show. I definitely prefer him over nasty Wendy.

Norman should of tried to get on Nick Cannons new show at 11 am.  Looks good so far.  He’ll have many guests on.  Norman was too good for Wendy.  He knew more than her.

3 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

Maybe Nick Cannon or Wayne Brady can fill in. 

Or Christina Aguilera 

Nick Cannon has his own new show.

• Love 2

They should have grabbed Jerry O when they had the chance. But Wendy didn't want anyone outshining her. (ok. maybe I'm the only one who thinks he did, but I liked Jerry)

What about Sherri Shepherd? Didn't she guest host last time Wendy was dealing with her "medical" issues?

But who are we kidding, Wendy is done. This has been the longest, most cringeworthy goodbye in tv history I think.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
On 10/13/2021 at 11:40 PM, CynicalGirl said:

What about Sherri Shepherd? Didn't she guest host last time Wendy was dealing with her "medical" issues?

Sherri would be good but she is in LA.  She could probably fill in for a week.

Edited by Rightside
  • Love 1

I watch "The View", Sherri Shepard has been Guest Co-hosting this week and she announced today that she would be a Fill-in Host for Wendy Williams in November.  Sherri was certainly up-beat & lively on "The View"...

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

I really liked Sherri when she guest hosted the shit show. Sherri is a comedienne and good at being quick witted and she is so much more up to date on who is making a buzz in the world of "celebrities". 

Hope Wendy retires. Nobody needs to "take over" her show. It's done. We need someone/something fresh and new.  

• Love 7
3 hours ago, BuckeyeLou said:

I watch "The View", Sherri Shepard has been Guest Co-hosting this week and she announced today that she would be a Fill-in Host for Wendy Williams in November.  Sherri was certainly up-beat & lively on "The View"...

November!!      If they are committing to the public Sherry Shephard will be a guest host in November Wendi is really not doing very well. I think we could use some laughter so I hope Sheri can bring that in. 

• Love 5
8 hours ago, BuckeyeLou said:

4 hours ago, Kira53 said:

November!!      If they are committing to the public Sherry Shephard will be a guest host in November Wendi is really not doing very well. I think we could use some laughter so I hope Sheri can bring that in. 

^^^This right here.

• Love 2
19 hours ago, BuckeyeLou said:

Oh wow!!

I think Sherri will be really good. I'll bet she fills in more than just once.

• Love 1
On 10/15/2021 at 6:02 PM, Kira53 said:

November!!! is Wendy leaving for good? at this point they will stretch her absence until December and possibly January 2022.

I think that Wendy is too insecure to let this happen, I predict that she will be back the first week of November.. Wendy knows that she sucks and will not let another woman shine in her place, just my opinion..

• Love 4
7 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

I think that Wendy is too insecure to let this happen, I predict that she will be back the first week of November.. Wendy knows that she sucks and will not let another woman shine in her place, just my opinion..

I agree that WW would never want to share her spotlight with any other woman.  This is like her ex  Big K having the side piece. Having to share what’s most important to her with someone else never really fulfills the need in her to be the number one, first and primary. I think that’s why she’s addicted to all the adulation she gets when she does the show as well as some yet unnamed substance (alcohol or drugs). She sits in her purple throne and her eyes just glaze over with joy that all these people love her. Her souls and ego need this attention. The stress alone of still being a producer on her show has got be be upsetting to her now that she needs to pull in guest hosts.Wendy didn’t pass kindergarten. She doesn’t share well . Frankly of all the guest hosts  I’ve seen named, I’m looking forward to seeing Sherri Shepherd the most. She’s upbeat, quick and I bet she will bring some laughter as well as dirt. I’m willing to give Leah Remini a chance too. I wonder if Wendy will ever return. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

I’m looking forward to seeing Sherri Shepherd the most. She’s upbeat, quick and I bet she will bring some laughter as well as dirt. I’m willing to give Leah Remini a chance too. I wonder if Wendy will ever return. 

Yes, agree on Sherri!  I watched on YouTube when she filled in in Feb 2019 because of Wendy's health issues then. She had fun with the audience.

I'll give Leah Remini a chance also!

• Love 3

I think both Leah and Sherri are good choices. If Wendy has all this drama with her medical problems, both afflicted and self afflicted then this is the way to go. Producers refuse to cancel her at least they chose well to replace her.

• Love 3

Per my channel guide, tomorrow's (10/18) first new show for season 13 is a guest panel of various journalists and celebrity reporters (Bevy Smith, Michael Yo, Devyn Simone, etc.) who will be discussing 'hot topics'.  It would be delicious if the show had the balls to make the hottest topic they talked about for the start of the segment Wendy herself.  They have so much gossip and scandal fodder with WW and they are sure to waste it.   Instead, they'll be kissing up and wishing Wendy a speedy recovery.

You know panel member Michael Yo wants to unload on Wendy for all those times she made him uncomfortable, but he knows when to lay low.   Instead, they'll blather on about Cardi B, Adele, some Housewife or rapper.  

• Love 6
15 hours ago, patty1h said:

It would be delicious if the show had the balls to make the hottest topic they talked about for the start of the segment Wendy herself.  

That would put the ratings through the roof! 😄 Unfortunately it will never happen. 

• Love 2

Today's show with the guest panel was pretty standard - four people all trying to get their opinions heard, while being light and perky.   They had a full audience - all with masks.  I didn't pay 100% attention, so I didn't see whether they showed Norman, Suzanne or DJ notBoof (I forgot his name).

It was the standard Wendy setup:  Hot Topics, where they blathered on about:  Adele's new record, Jlo and Ben - who is the bigger star in that relationship, Khloe K and her BF getting engaged, Erika Jayne having a stink attitude on RHOBH because she seemed dismissive of the people her ex-husband robbed. Ho-hum.  There was a tiny bit of conflict between two hosts when discussing whether singer Lizzo is trying too hard or being a maverick for going near naked in a see-through dress, and it was annoying that the lone male host said he won't talk about this at all.  Coward, stay home then.

I turned the channel when they brought on comedienne named Luenell.  I turned it back and saw Bevy Smith doing the Trendy at Wendy segment. Otherwise, totally forgettable TV.

Tomorrow is Leah Remini, who seems kinda stiff for this kind of show. We'll see...

ADDED:  Of course, they started the show with get well wishes to Wendy, who "we know she is watching".  The audience went in extra on the applause for that.

Edited by patty1h
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5