Type keyword(s) to search

The Wendy Williams Show - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Okay, I spent a few nights in the hospital a few weeks ago in an emergency situation (I'm fine now 🙂 ).  I live alone, but I still had a neighbor bring me clothes and shoes to go home in.  In fact, she offered.  I did not look the picture of health on release.  However, I was clothed, and, while my hair was in a ponytail, there were no binder clips involved.

Wendy has a manager, a son, and staff members. Somehow no one brought her actual clothes to wear and some shoes.  No one said, "Let's get that binder clip out of the ragged mess on your head."  

They have two choices - stop this BS, or, if she really is this sick and this has been going on as long as they say it has (the last few years), say it's time to step away from the throne.  She has enough money to take a step back. She's not someone forced to continue working to pay the bills, no matter how much Kelvin got in the divorce. 

• Love 11

Duh!  And here I thought this was the first new show for the season.  It was a great show with Andy Cohen too.  Then I read these posts.  Sick again?  After a long vacation?  Looks like she was coming home from the hospital with those socks on.  This is going to be a hum dinger of a show from now on.

• Love 4

I saw in a gossip rag that she has a new boyfriend. She had him sign a NDA and allegedly has an extensive background check completed on him. Now it seems to be around the same timeline these pictures came out. So either she us scamming for sympathy or trying to throw us off the trail. I’m hard pressed to believe whatever story comes out of her mouth. 
@PrincessPurrsALot I’m glad you are out of the hospital and hope whatever your issue, that it was resolved.  Good point about trying to look decent upon discharge. Wendy at least could have combed her wig. It could have looked that badly because she refused to take it off while admitted. She’s paranoid about someone getting a picture of her without her hair.
@kristen111 I also thought today would be a new show and checked too. 

• Love 2

Glad you're doing better PrincessPurrsAlot!

Wendy thinks we're all stupid enough to fall for this blatant fake act of looking ill/demented. I stand my ground on all of it being a prelude to WW taking another long hiatus from her job for whatever reason. Maybe she's drinking and drugging again. Maybe she's finally realizing her shit show is on the brink of cancellation.

And as laughable as I find it, there doesn't appear to be any paparazzi in those pics. When several (or many) paparazzi are waiting to take pics of a real celeb, we always see the other photographers in the pic. Not Wendy. It's like there was only one photographer there. And her "body guard"? Looks like I could kick his ass! 😄 Well maybe not but he's not very threatening looking. 

• Love 2

I would hope these were staged photos because I think she does look really out of it and extremely thin (as in not eating).  As much as I like to snark on Wendy, I truly hope that if the photos accurately convey what is going on with her that she will receive the necessary help and support.  For all of the vanity she consistently shows I find it hard to believe that she really would allow herself to be photographed like this.

• Love 3
51 minutes ago, seacliffsal said:

For all of the vanity she consistently shows I find it hard to believe that she really would allow herself to be photographed like this.

Amen to that ^^^^^

Like I said, she's doing this to prepare us for her next (very soon) hiatus from her show. It's highly possible she WON'T be showing up for the first episode of the new season.  Or ever again. She needs to retire.

• Love 5

Here's a guess on how Wendy can explain looking crazy and still get sympathy from her audience: She went to have a unnamed medical procedure done (gaining sympathy), and the person who was supposed to look after her belongings had an emergency and had to leave! So, Wendy is ready to go home but she didn't feel like waiting and was given a spare robe and some socks, and left. Then she'll make a big joke about how those damn paparazzi just had to be waiting outside her building and turn it into a hilarious moment of her crazy life.

99% of the time when Wendy is papped, she is with a male bodyguard and the article says that her son brought her home. If she allowed herself to have any close girlfriends, I'm sure that person would not have let her walk on the streets of NYC like that. She needs a female assistant at the least. Her son probably doesn't see the problem - thinking with a young male brain, but a female friend/associate would more than likely step up and get Wendy decent.

• Love 3
On 9/11/2021 at 12:34 AM, NowVoyager said:

Wow... Just making sure folks are getting the full visual from your link. Because... damn.

1740272355_Screenshot_20210911-002718_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.de3a195f3868f5a4cca5ee1d4e079598.jpg

1784358743_Screenshot_20210911-002935_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.389cdf76a2d74acefedbb9bfc957bcbb.jpg

1293569577_Screenshot_20210911-002830_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.45f1d899927a8a5fd55cd712b3141619.jpg

It's the binder clip in the hair wig for me.

💀💀💀

Do wigs have black roots to look natural now?   Or, is a black hat underneath the blonde wig?  I see two colors on top of her head.  Whenever I come home from the hospital, I have someone bring me clothes and shoes.  I also comb my hair and put some makeup on.  That looks like a setup.   You don’t have to look like a slob.

Edited by kristen111
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, kristen111 said:

Do wigs have black roots to look natural now

Yes. That has been around for years and I know this from watching too much reality tv! There are blonde wigs with dark roots, red wigs with brunette roots. I don't get it. Do people think they can fool us into thinking that's NOT a wig?

I have a question: what exactly does cancelling all "promotional events" mean? What promotional events has Wendy ever done lately? She loves to talk about herself but we don't hear her telling us about numerous promotional events she's attended. According to her, she watches tv all weekend and might step outside her apartment to go on a food run. 

So I'm at a loss to figure out what her "promotional events" might be. Pulling out a tube of gold bond while eating pork rinds with hot sauce? 

Not surprising, but she hasn't mentioned her invisible cats for a long time. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

Yes. That has been around for years and I know this from watching too much reality tv! There are blonde wigs with dark roots, red wigs with brunette roots. I don't get it. Do people think they can fool us into thinking that's NOT a wig?

I have a question: what exactly does cancelling all "promotional events" mean? What promotional events has Wendy ever done lately? She loves to talk about herself but we don't hear her telling us about numerous promotional events she's attended. According to her, she watches tv all weekend and might step outside her apartment to go on a food run. 

So I'm at a loss to figure out what her "promotional events" might be. Pulling out a tube of gold bond while eating pork rinds with hot sauce? 

Not surprising, but she hasn't mentioned her invisible cats for a long time. 

👍👍👍👍👍👍😀

• LOL 1

That ring.  Looks like a flying saucer on her finger.  At this point, I don’t think any guy would be interested in her.  Too many issues, too opinionated, very bossy, and probably has to be right about everything.  Boobs too big also.  Too eye catching, IMO.

• Love 2

Wendy Williams Delays Talk Show Premiere After Catching Breakthrough Covid Case

Celebrity

By TooFab Staff

The show was supposed to return on September 20, but reruns will air instead.

UPDATE AT 10AM PT ON SEPTEMBER 15, 2021

After initially calling off promotional appearances for the new season of The Wendy Williams Show, the morning show revealed Wednesday that the premiere itself will also be delayed -- because Wendy caught Covid!

"While continuing her health evaluations, Wendy has tested positive for a breakthrough case of COVID-19," the show said in a statement.

"To allow Wendy time to quarantine and fully recover and to ensure that our production abides by all SAG/AFTA and DGA Covid protocols, we expect to begin the 13th season of The Wendy Williams Show on Monday, October 4th."

The show was supposed to return next week, on September 20, but reruns will air instead.

ORIGINAL STORY BELOW

Wendy Williams is stepping back from work before the premiere of her talk show's new season.

"Wendy is dealing with some ongoing health issues and is undergoing further evaluations," read a Thursday post from @WendyShow on Instagram. "She will not be able to complete her promotional activities next week, but can't wait to be back in her purple chair Monday, September 20th for the 13th season premiere."

Fans of the daytime diva sent their support and love in the comments section, with celebrity stans Perez Hilton writing "Get well soon" and "RHONJ" star Margaret Josephs posting "🙏❤️❤️👧🏼."

Williams has been open about her health issues in the past, including her battle with Graves' Disease, which caused her to take a hiatus from her show in May 2020.

"In consultation with her doctor and as a precautionary measure, she will be taking some time off as she continues to receive treatment," a statement read at the time.

In 2018, Williams announced she had the autoimmune disorder, which leads to the overproduction of thyroid hormones and causes symptoms such as heart palpitations, tremors, anxiety, irritability and shakiness, per The Mayo Clinic.

At the time, she took three weeks off her show to seek treatment.

https://toofab.com/2021/09/10/wendy-williams-canceled-promo-appearances-new-season/

I read rumors from the binder clip in the wig photos that she had Covid. I didn't believe it then & I don't believe it now. Another rumor is that she has some sort of breast implant illness, because her implants are ~25 years old & are supposed to be replaced every 10 years.

Edited by NowVoyager
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1

We saw the writing on the wall. Why didn’t her network or syndicator? 
They should have had a new show in the wings to test run during this latest absence. She only shows up 50% of her season (guessing). So many people would love the work and put all their efforts into giving the audience a good show. They could employ the crew from her show. 

• Love 7
6 hours ago, NowVoyager said:

There's discussion on her Instagram page about whether she has "breakthrough" Covid. Breakthrough implies that she was vaccinated, but Wendy previously said she was not getting vaccinated. Some hypocrisy there as the audience was required to be fully vaxxed. 

She has Graves' disease which is an autoimmune disease. So even if she was fully vaccinated, Covid is going to be much harder for her than a person with a normal immune system. 

Before the summer break, she was always running around to parties, out to dinner and traveling.  I'll bet she she did even more once the show wasn't on live.

Edited by Rightside
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1
20 minutes ago, UniqBlue69 said:

Exactly. When I read Wendy had co-vid, I immediately thought, "how convenient." You're not fooling anyone, sis.

I don't believe she has Covid either.

Most of us who watch her show know she has Grave's disease and the effects of it. 

She has a lengthy track record of lying, denying and burying her head in the sand. She does not like confrontation or the truth.

Edited by chenoa333
  • Love 3

Hoping someone here can educate me regarding "breakthrough Covid".

If someone has been vaccinated but still gets the virus, wouldn't all people who have come in close contact with that person have to get tested for Covid too? Like WW new boyfriend, her son, Suzanne, Norman, Suss, the security guy, production, wig man, glam squad, doorman etc? 

Nevermind, I googled it. Apparently nobody has died (yet) from breakthrough covid. 

Edited by chenoa333
  • Useful 2

And here I thought I had a news flash.  She went to the hospital because she had Covid?  Why not just get a test somewhere?  Maybe she was coming from Bellevue or a rehab center.  Enough already.  It’s time to all it a day, contract or no contract.  She’s off more than she’s there.  No one else gets away with that.

• Love 4

What kind of "ongoing treatment" do you get for Graves disease? 

I think now they are using Covid as an excuse for her newest breakdown. 

I swear this show that refuses to be cancelled and Wendy have 9 lives. They just keep going on and on and on.......

• Love 6

Wendy Williams :  My Version.   She gets married and has Kev, Jr.  After Radio, she gets job on tv.  Big Kev is in charge of everything and takes over her show, the house, the food, etc.  He takes her to work everyday, then probably makes dinner.  She lies in her bed, her girl cave, and reads the mags and tabloids.  Does nothing else in the house.  After awhile, Big Kev gets girlfriend, whom he really loves.  Buys her a house down the road.  After ten years, girlfriend gets pregnant.  Wendy goes nuts, faints on tv, loses weight, goes in rehab.  Down hill after that.  Sharina has a girl.  Wendy divorces him, gets hi rise apt. In City.  Big Kev hits the road with new family.  From there on, Wendy is alone for the first time.  Has to do all her stuff by herself.  Can’t handle it.  She’s very lonely and stays in the apt.  All the time.  Pining for what she had.  She can’t cope so takes stuff to feel better.  Winds up in hospital.  Always alone.  Can’t cope without Norman to help with the show.  She’s alone and can’t handle it after being married all those years.  She needs a new partner, but at that age, with all the ailments, it’s very hard to get dressed and go out with a boyfriend, as she’s a homebody.  At this point, everything is a hassle and struggle.  The show is too much for her now that Kev is gone.  The End.

Edited by kristen111
  • Love 8

I hate to give Kelvin any credit but I think that he was the one who got Wendy to work everyday.

Wendy’s contract will not get extended unless she gets her issues under control. These unscheduled absences are too disruptive. 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Showthyme said:

Wendy’s contract will not get extended unless she gets her issues under control. These unscheduled absences are too disruptive.

I understand your point. But this has been going on for years (the unscheduled absences) and she still comes back when she's ready. And she still gets paid by the advertisers. It doesn't make sense but it's true.

• Love 1

For cripes sake. First, they said it was "ongoing health issues," implying her Grave's disease; then it was Covid; now, her Covid is asymptomatic, but she's having psychiatric issues. 

Pick a story & stick with it, people! 

https://www.the-sun.com/entertainment/3677767/wendy-williams-staff-freaking-show-host-hospitalized-psychiatric-issues/

Her management sucks. They could have just said she relapsed from the get go & called it a damn day. That's what everybody thinks anyway.

• Love 8

I’ve often wondered about Wendy’s digestive problems.  I’ve never known a tv professional to belch so much in public.  It’s odd, imo. There are medications that could address it.  🤔

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, NowVoyager said:

Her management sucks. They could have just said she relapsed from the get go & called it a damn day. That's what everybody thinks anyway.

This is her PR's standard operating procedure for excuses whenever Wendy can't make it back to work. Never the truth just "ongoing health issues."

And these "ongoing health issues" always seem to arise when Wendy has lots of time off. She just needs to tell the truth about her addictions (and a myriad of other unanswered questions) She might get a lot more respect and empathy than always LYING. 

And the article mentions how poor Wendy has gone thru SO much....her divorce, the death of her 84 year old mother, her Graves disease etc. PUHLEEZ! It's called LIFE Wendy. 

I feel sorry for her employees. You know cheap ass Wendy doesn't pay them when she goes on another "break". 

• Love 7
On 9/16/2021 at 9:10 AM, kristen111 said:

Wendy Williams :  My Version.   She gets married and has Kev, Jr.  After Radio, she gets job on tv.  Big Kev is in charge of everything and takes over her show, the house, the food, etc.  He takes her to work everyday, then probably makes dinner.  She lies in her bed, her girl cave, and reads the mags and tabloids.  Does nothing else in the house.  After awhile, Big Kev gets girlfriend, whom he really loves.  Buys her a house down the road.  After ten years, girlfriend gets pregnant.  Wendy goes nuts, faints on tv, loses weight, goes in rehab.  Down hill after that.  Sharina has a girl.  Wendy divorces him, gets hi rise apt. In City.  Big Kev hits the road with new family.  From there on, Wendy is alone for the first time.  Has to do all her stuff by herself.  Can’t handle it.  She’s very lonely and stays in the apt.  All the time.  Pining for what she had.  She can’t cope so takes stuff to feel better.  Winds up in hospital.  Always alone.  Can’t cope without Norman to help with the show.  She’s alone and can’t handle it after being married all those years.  She needs a new partner, but at that age, with all the ailments, it’s very hard to get dressed and go out with a boyfriend, as she’s a homebody.  At this point, everything is a hassle and struggle.  The show is too much for her now that Kev is gone.  The End.

I agree with most of this except now way was Kevin making her dinner. He was too busy at the side pieces house, leaving Wendy alone to bother with that. Wendy always used to talk about going to the grocery store and telling us about all the weird stuff she liked to buy and eat. Hell, she even taped an after show where she went to the grocery store in the city and bought all kinds of crazy shit back when she was in her vegan phase.  

Also, when Wendy and Kevin first split, remember Wendy pretending to be a Sex and the City single girl? Hanging out with all her new besties, The Kardashians, Nene Leakes, Tiffany Haddish, etc...going to the clubs and jetting off to LA all the time? Where have all these friends gone? They all left her and now she is alone. Where is the new boyfriend? Plus her mom died and she was on the outs with her brother. I have no sympathy for her but damn she must be living a very lonely existence. No wonder for the relapse. 

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 6
22 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Is Wendy set financially?  What will she do with no show?

Go to Florida to be with Family.  Her Sister, especially,is there.  She has money to buy a house, and could retire, or start another radio show.  If she wants.  Up here inNew York, i don’t think she bothers with too many people.  After having a nice house, I’ll bet she would enjoy living in Florida with a house instead of living in a hi- rise and going up in an elevator.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 9/16/2021 at 6:40 PM, SunnyBeBe said:

Is Wendy set financially?  What will she do with no show?

She can do what a lot of broadcasters and celebrities are doing - start a podcast!   She can move to FL near family, and set up a little in-home studio and sit there and talk.  She can set her own schedule, have remote guests, do Hot Topics, just like she did on WBLS back in the day.  She could pull in an income by getting subscribers or advertisers.  Go crazy and invite Norman to be her producer and they can sit there and kiki like crazy.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
39 minutes ago, patty1h said:

She can do what a lot of broadcasters and celebrities are doing - start a podcast!   She can move to FL near family, and set up a little in-home studio and sit there and talk.  She can set her own schedule, have remote guests, do Hot Topics, just like she did on WBLS back in the day.  She could pull in an income by getting subscribers or advertisers.  Go crazy and invite Norman to be her producer and they can sit there and kiki like crazy.

Ya know, that might be a really good idea for Wendy!

• Love 1
14 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

This is her PR's standard operating procedure for excuses whenever Wendy can't make it back to work. Never the truth just "ongoing health issues."

And these "ongoing health issues" always seem to arise when Wendy has lots of time off. She just needs to tell the truth about her addictions (and a myriad of other unanswered questions) She might get a lot more respect and empathy than always LYING. 

And the article mentions how poor Wendy has gone thru SO much....her divorce, the death of her 84 year old mother, her Graves disease etc. PUHLEEZ! It's called LIFE Wendy. 

I feel sorry for her employees. You know cheap ass Wendy doesn't pay them when she goes on another "break". 

Yes. Someone on another blog raised a valid question about the latest version of events: 

How did Wendy get admitted to a psychiatric facility when she has tested positive for Covid?

The more details they release, the less the story makes sense.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

I think someone might have to explain a podcast to Wendy before she did one.  Wasn't there an episode where she thought it was the same thing as a radio show and wasn't getting it no matter how many times Norman explained it to her?  But older ESPN personality Tony Kornheiser, who isn't really big on modern technology and eschews social media, transitioned from radio to a podcast, so perhaps it can be done.  For some reason I feel like Wendy might turn her nose up at the concept though.

Entertainment Tonight had a quick story about Wendy's problems and mentioned "health and addiction issues" affecting her show the past several years.  That would probably piss her off since they didn't seem to buy her claims that she only stayed in the sober house to plot her next move (divorcing Kelvin).  They also showed her fainting on Halloween again, their favorite clip ever!

• Love 2
22 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I’ve often wondered about Wendy’s digestive problems.  I’ve never known a tv professional to belch so much in public.  It’s odd, imo. There are medications that could address it.  🤔

How about not eating hot sauce on every damn thing?  She even starches a bottle in her pocketbook.  Probably takes a swig on her way to work, lol.  (Not starches .. stashes.). Stupid auto correct.  I don’t even know how to correct it. 🤪

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
12 hours ago, patty1h said:

She's too lazy to do all that.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
On 9/15/2021 at 7:15 AM, chenoa333 said:

She was schedule to be on The View this week to promote her new season. So likely, she was scheduled on other shows too.

Why will I not be surprised if her new season start is pushed back yet again?

• Love 3
1 hour ago, SunnyBeBe said:

it seems that Wendy and her poor health could put her into early retirement

MOO... but Wendy's "poor health" is drugs/alcohol. It's not predominantly Grave's disease or lymphedema. She can afford the best doctors whom she probably has. and if she was told her GD and Lymphedema made it imperative that she retired, why hasn't she done it? Because it's NOT related to anything but drugs and alcohol. 

She's a mother to a young adult but apparently she doesn't give a crap about staying healthy and mentally strong for him. It's all about Wendy and her D-list celebrity status.

As several of us posters have noted, Wendy had it made when Kelvin was her manager. All she had to do was show up to the set 4 days a week, have her glam squad/wigman etc. make her look ok. Then she goes home and watches tv, cooks a meal for her son (big deal) and goes to bed. Knowing Kelvin is handling her business affairs AND banging Sharina. 

Wendy was probably too lazy to have sex with K. Maybe she thought he would never leave her because she thinks she is such a great catch. Money, GGG(?) breasts, 42 inch legs. Ad nauseum.

Why did she look "presentable" for the photos of her arriving at the psych hospital? The blonde wig, black tank top, nice purse...were those photos taken at some other place in another time? She is a liar, a fake.

And let's not forget how mean and disrespectful she is to her audience (Ask Wendy segments/how her co-hosts dress/her guest chefs/her "celebrity" guests). 

I've got two words for Wendy: Bad Karma

• Love 5