Type keyword(s) to search

The Wendy Williams Show - General Discussion

• Start Topic

@Silver Bells - If you're going to watch for the Wendy Wants a Date thing, here's a little more info:  She's not filming these dates, though she did show a photo of the guy and her in some restaurant.  She gave about 2 minutes of very basic details after that first date.   She not doing like they do on "The Bachelorette", where they show every cringy conversation. And I think she even said that she's not going to be revealing a lot of what goes on with the dates, wanting to keep some of her private life private.  Like I said, she only went on one date so far, so she may be more forthcoming in the future.

You wondered if she still likes thugs - she may be expanding her taste in men.  She showed two photos from some of the videos she'd received so far - one guy looked like a 50-ish businessman, nicely dressed in a suit.   The 2nd guy was maybe late 30's, and said he was in "security", which Wendy says usually means a bodyguard for a celebrity or rich person.  He was handsome, and his pic showed him wearing a fur coat.  Wendy laughed at that, asking "Is that chinchilla?!"   She also said that guy was not a good candidate, because he mentioned that he had 5 kids and his job would probably require him to travel a lot and she knew from experience that bodyguards are known to mess around with the fans of people they were hired to guard.

Edited by patty1h
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
14 minutes ago, patty1h said:

@Silver Bells - If you're going to watch for the Wendy Wants a Date thing, here's a little more info:  She's not filming these dates, though she did show a photo of the guy and her in some restaurant.  She gave about 2 minutes of very basic details after that first date.   She not doing like they do on "The Bachelorette", where they show every cringy conversation. And I think she even said that she's not going to be reveal a lot of what goes on with the dates, wanting to keep some of her private life private.  Like I said, she only went on one date so far, so she may be more forthcoming in the future.

You wondered if she still likes thugs - she may be expanding her taste in men.  She showed two photos - one guy looked like a 50-ish businessman, nicely dressed in a suit.   The 2nd guy was maybe late 30's, and said he was in "security", which usually means a bodyguard for a celebrity or rich person.  He was handsome, and his pic showed him wearing a fur coat.  Wendy laughed at that, asking "Is that chinchilla!"   She also said that guy was not a good candidate, because he had 5 kids and his job would probably require him to travel a lot and mess around with the fans of people they were hired to guard.

Ok .. I get it.  She has the regular show to do, plus this new added addition of her dating life.  Sounds good.  Maybe there will be someone for her.  Thanks for the update .. I’ll watch.  

• Love 1

Sherrick's song was pretty good, I kinda remember it back in the day....kinda hard watching the video though knowing that he attacked Wendy.

Sighs....UO here, but I enjoyed the movie! It did take getting used to regarding the actress that played her, as she was over the top in the beginning and the passing out scene was laughable, but the dude that played Kevin was spot on.

Speaking of which, if Wendy thinks that Kevin is devastated or hurting over this then she has another think coming....he's got her $$, his side trick AND their babygirl, he likely couldn't care less about her personal life.

Edited by Yogisbooboo64
  • Love 9
5 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

I don’t get why she made this movie and special.  There are plenty of celebrities and others that have gone through cheating and divorce.  Everyone knows her story by now.  Why this special all of a sudden?  

Ego? Attention? Famewhore? 

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

Off topic, but I hate the whole casket, wake, funeral thing.  

Me, too! My brother in law passed away recently and they had a 2 hr. visitation at the funeral home (open casket which I don't care for especially since they cremated him anyway but whatever) then the family invited close friends only to walk over to the next room to have a 30 minute service with the pastor.  When my dad died, we skipped visitation and had a nice church service. One day and done. 

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 3
10 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

Me, too! My brother in law passed away recently and they had a 2 hr. visitation at the funeral home (open casket which I don't care for especially since they cremated him anyway but whatever) then the family invited close friends only to walk over to the next room to have a 30 minute service with the pastor.  When my dad died, we skipped visitation and had a nice church service. One day and done. 

That is the best for everyone .. one day and done.  The whole thing is very stressful.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, iwantcookies said:

93BEE7E4-AE3D-4B8F-AC17-67E7431AA87D.jpeg

B2325519-CFA8-41D5-B4DB-98C2F608C450.jpeg

Another email 

OMG .. sounds so desperate.  Why doesn’t she just pay for a Matchmaker?  From the looks of her apartment, it’s probably down in the Battery where all the rich important people live.  Very expensive.  Maybe Andy Cohen will fix her up.  I had no idea they were so friendly.  Good PR tho, people will watch to see who she picks, including me.

Edited by Silver Bells
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

She was so mad, she threw water on me in the hallway of the funeral parlor.  My Son threw her down the stairs.  What a commotion.

So sorry you had to go through that. But I gotta admit, it is a funny story 😊

• Love 2
1 hour ago, chenoa333 said:

So sorry you had to go through that. But I gotta admit, it is a funny story 😊

I was getting a drink of water and my crazy niece threw her cup of water all over my suit and hair.  My Son grabbed her arm and flung her down a few steps .. not too many.  He doesn’t let anyone mistreat his Mommy.  They all piled in from Florida and even slept in my Mothers bed.  Next morning, they ransacked my Mothers room and took cash and jewelry and who knows what else.  Very classy.  I wasn’t there as I lived an hour away.  Justice was served.  My Father didn’t leave them one third of the house in his will.  These are people that go to church every Sunday would you believe?  I was the only one who bought my Mother good jewelry.  I wanted it back to give to my Grandaughters someday and keep it in the family.  My niece is single without kids.  You want to go and get it all back for me?  Lol.

• Love 2

I just watched The WW  doc, wow, if she was going for strong woman,  she failed.  I completely understand how awful it can be but damn she looked absolutely pathetic such a bad look. And the constant building him up and trashing the mistress.  I get how much you want to call her a big ol whore lol. But  you problem is with the husband that disrespected you for year and you are telling us it did go on for years.  She came off pathetic.  Id be embarrassed. 

• Love 7

LOL! Exactly what kind of great guy does she think this stunt will attract? None, hon. Yikes.

Yeah, after the movie/doc, the daily mess, the public glare, the kind of guy you'd want to date/marry steps up and says, I'll buy the ticket to take that ride? Please.

Otoh, if she wants a game of famewhores unite! then maybe. But I'm not watching that movie.

• Love 1

I’m getting a repeat this morning. I’m wondering why. Is she hung over from celebrating her Saturday night 4 hour time slot? Is it shame from the show not doing well? There are too many possibilities. Did anyone get a fresh show? 

20 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

I’m getting a repeat this morning. I’m wondering why. Is she hung over from celebrating her Saturday night 4 hour time slot? Is it shame from the show not doing well? There are too many possibilities. Did anyone get a fresh show? 

I'm watching a rerun too.  I think it's because of the snowstorm in NYC.

• Useful 4
2 hours ago, Ladybugnine said:

I'm watching a rerun too.  I think it's because of the snowstorm in NYC.

Right .. there’s a big snow storm today and things are closed here.  I watched for the first time in a long time.  It was a repeat with a guy in jail for the dating thing.  She was very focused and chipper and chatty.  Much different from months ago.  As usual, poor Norman.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

Did you guys hear about Wendy claiming to have had a one night stand with Method man. His wife was not amused and blasted her on her Instagram page.  I am team Tamika and as she said on her page: Wendy is a miserable bitch!

• LOL 8
5 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

SNOWSTORM in N.Y.C.  Nobody went out today.  Schools closed, etc.

• Love 3

Well, I did watch the trainwreck of a movie. Actually, I didn't think it was so bad. I'm surprised Wendy allowed Suzanne and her husband to be interviewed. They were pretty honest, too. Damn, Kelvin ran that place like a dictatorship. What a disgusting human being he is. One thing was pretty clear from the movie and that is that Wendy's man picker is wayyyyy off. Not a decent man in the bunch. And she admitted she liked thugs, much to her parents dismay. 

• Love 11
On 1/31/2021 at 11:31 AM, patty1h said:

@Silver Bells - If you're going to watch for the Wendy Wants a Date thing, here's a little more info:  She's not filming these dates, though she did show a photo of the guy and her in some restaurant.  She gave about 2 minutes of very basic details after that first date.   She not doing like they do on "The Bachelorette", where they show every cringy conversation. And I think she even said that she's not going to be revealing a lot of what goes on with the dates, wanting to keep some of her private life private.  Like I said, she only went on one date so far, so she may be more forthcoming in the future.

You wondered if she still likes thugs - she may be expanding her taste in men.  She showed two photos from some of the videos she'd received so far - one guy looked like a 50-ish businessman, nicely dressed in a suit.   The 2nd guy was maybe late 30's, and said he was in "security", which Wendy says usually means a bodyguard for a celebrity or rich person.  He was handsome, and his pic showed him wearing a fur coat.  Wendy laughed at that, asking "Is that chinchilla?!"   She also said that guy was not a good candidate, because he mentioned that he had 5 kids and his job would probably require him to travel a lot and she knew from experience that bodyguards are known to mess around with the fans of people they were hired to guard.

This = definite no.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
23 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

. Damn, Kelvin ran that place like a dictatorship. 

Kelvin did it for 20 years! Wendy and Denmar are co-conspirators.

Wendy liked Kelvin as her protector, mean-guy , errand-runner, etc. He made things happen so she could be Wendy. Wendy was willing to look the other way when it came to the affair because Kelvin did so much for her. Always two sides to every story. Kelvin wanted to be the star in his own family so in comes Sharina to fill that role. There are no victims with these three adults. Everyone was looking out for themself.

Edited by Showthyme
  • Useful 1
  • Love 8

I'm watching the movie now and the actress is making me roll my eyes instead of feeling sympathy.   I'm up to the Halloween fainting episode and I just laughed.  Then those cuts with real Wendy telling us how she needs her story to come out because it's "important".   It's important to her because of her ego.  This whole movie seems to want us to feel bad for poor Wendy who endured so much.   I can't feel bad for a woman of means who let a cheating man control her life for 20+ years.  Maybe it would have more impact if all of her dirt wasn't all known already... if this was a story I didn't know the background of, it may have tugged at my heart.

Edited by patty1h
  • Love 8
On 1/31/2021 at 7:08 AM, Silver Bells said:

Red HOT Doritos with caviar on them.  No wonder her legs are blown up.  SALT !

To each their own but THAT sounds disgusting. It's like ice cream and Popeye's fried shrimp. Dip the shrimp in the caramel swirl ice cream.

• LOL 1
2 hours ago, patty1h said:

I'm watching the movie now and the actress is making me roll my eyes instead of feeling sympathy.   I'm up to the Halloween fainting episode and I just laughed.  Then those cuts with real Wendy telling us how she needs her story to come out because it's "important".   It's important to her because of her ego.  This whole movie seems to want us to feel bad for poor Wendy who endured so much.   I can't feel bad for a woman of means who let a cheating man control her life for 20+ years.  Maybe it would have more impact if all of her dirt wasn't all known already... if this was a story I didn't know the background of, it may have tugged at my heart.

Yep .. the actress was over the top, but maybe Wendy was like that.  She’s loud, overbearing, opinionated and rough.  Her childhood wasn’t bad compared to others.  Maybe her career was more important than her husband.  He seemed more of a manager .. to his advantage.  Women go through cheating and divorces.  At least she has the money to divorce.  Many women don’t and have it worse than her.  She’s still complaining after all these years.  Maybe her show needed a boost or else be cancelled.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Well, I did watch the trainwreck of a movie. Actually, I didn't think it was so bad. I'm surprised Wendy allowed Suzanne and her husband to be interviewed. They were pretty honest, too. Damn, Kelvin ran that place like a dictatorship. What a disgusting human being he is. One thing was pretty clear from the movie and that is that Wendy's man picker is wayyyyy off. Not a decent man in the bunch. And she admitted she liked thugs, much to her parents dismay. 

Could you please give us examples on how that ugly mofo ran the place like a dictatorship? Thanks! 

18 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

Did you guys hear about Wendy claiming to have had a one night stand with Method man. His wife was not amused and blasted her on her Instagram page.  I am team Tamika and as she said on her page: Wendy is a miserable bitch!

The wife was angry over the allegation of an affair, but she really got mad when Wendy came out with personal medical information. 

F6ABF786-E310-480B-87F4-667D293FDCED.thumb.jpeg.8734ad75b5b1305a14578429a5a6ecd0.jpeg

Frankly there was no excuse for sharing it either. 

• Love 5
14 hours ago, patty1h said:

This whole movie seems to want us to feel bad for poor Wendy who endured so much.   I can't feel bad for a woman of means who let a cheating man control her life for 20+ years. 

Wendy probably thought SHE could control HIM with her money and "fame". Like " look at me Kelvin. I'm a great catch."  He married her, then she got complacent and sloppy with her marriage and business. Letting K run all of the aspects of her business.

Wendy's ego is huge. 

• Love 2
11 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

Could you please give us examples on how that ugly mofo ran the place like a dictatorship? Thanks! 

Did you watch the movie? The staff was scared to death of him. They couldn't start a meeting until he showed up and he was always late. They would sit at the conference room table and wait until he decided to make his appearance. He would yell and scream, throw papers off the table, storm out of the room...the staff (and Wendy) really had no input on anything unless he approved. I call that a dictatorship. That Kelvin is a real charmer. 

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 7
56 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

Did you watch the movie? The staff was scared to death of him. They couldn't start a meeting until he showed up and he was always late. They would sit at the conference room table and wait until he decided to make his appearance. He would yell and scream, throw papers off the table, storm out of the room...the staff (and Wendy) really had no input on anything unless he approved. I call that a dictatorship. That Kelvin is a real charmer. 

I had no desire to watch her movie to be honest.  I grew up listening to Wendy so I know a lot because she has always been honest about her life. She became a bit secretive once she got on TV.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
20 hours ago, Showthyme said:

Wendy liked Kelvin as her protector, mean-guy , errand-runner, etc. He made things happen so she could be Wendy.

Why does she call him Kelvin? Sometimes she calls him Kevin.

Isn't his name Kevin?

47 minutes ago, OnTime said:

Why does she call him Kelvin? Sometimes she calls him Kevin.

Isn't his name Kevin?

I believe in legal docs he is listed as Kelvin, so I assume it's his birth name. He goes by Kevin in his daily life, so maybe he doesn't like the name Kelvin.

• Love 1

In the documentary Wendy's sister said she was devasted with miscarriages and was worried it was her fault with all the gossip and the stories she told about people. So for Wendy to worry that her miscarriages could be some time of karmic debt means she knows that what she did/does was wrong.   It's probably why she stopped doing it and why her hot topics are so stupid these days about Real Housewives and people no one cares about.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

In the documentary, Wendy said that both of her parents had strokes while Wendy was in the sober living house.  I don't think she had revealed this previously.  But I guess both of them were doing well at the time the documentary was filmed (they were both interviewed), and Wendy chose to express gratitude for this by saying they were not "strokealicious."  WTF?  That is so disgusting, almost as bad as when she says "killation" about murders, and this time she said it about her own parents!  Usually when someone who has been interviewed for a show passes away, there is some kind of onscreen message at the end or something mentioning it, but there wasn't anything for Wendy's mom, which was odd.  The only message was a disclaimer saying that "Mr. Hunter" was contacted and denied all the allegations.  That almost made me laugh at his audacity. 

I saw the documentary at the time (and complained on the phone to my friend who also used to watch), and couldn't watch the movie until tonight, so the movie seemed kind of anti-climactic after hearing it all (which was mostly known anyway) in the documentary.  I noticed in the movie that when Wendy was checking out Kelvin and Sharina's house, she seemed surprised that he had dogs.  Maybe he should have moved Shaq there if he liked dogs so much, it's not like Wendy would have noticed the absence of a pet.  (He may have taken Shaq after the divorce, as she said the dog was in Long Island but I don't know or care where Kelvin lives.)

In the movie, were they acknowledging that Wendy was drunk when she passed out on the show?  She was drinking a lot about the affair and everything and said in the voiceover that any woman would have done the same, and the next thing was her passing out.  It was interesting that the movie and documentary, I guess looking for a "high note" ending, focus on her going on after filing for divorce and continuing with the show.  I don't know when exactly everything was filmed, but they were going for "she triumphed and everything was great!" when there have been near-constant headlines of problems and unplanned hiatuses since the divorce.  I guess they had to end the movie somehow!

• Love 7
7 hours ago, KWalkerInc said:

In the documentary, Wendy said that both of her parents had strokes while Wendy was in the sober living house.  I don't think she had revealed this previously.  But I guess both of them were doing well at the time the documentary was filmed (they were both interviewed), and Wendy chose to express gratitude for this by saying they were not "strokealicious."  WTF?  That is so disgusting, almost as bad as when she says "killation" about murders, and this time she said it about her own parents!  Usually when someone who has been interviewed for a show passes away, there is some kind of onscreen message at the end or something mentioning it, but there wasn't anything for Wendy's mom, which was odd.  The only message was a disclaimer saying that "Mr. Hunter" was contacted and denied all the allegations.  That almost made me laugh at his audacity. 

I saw the documentary at the time (and complained on the phone to my friend who also used to watch), and couldn't watch the movie until tonight, so the movie seemed kind of anti-climactic after hearing it all (which was mostly known anyway) in the documentary.  I noticed in the movie that when Wendy was checking out Kelvin and Sharina's house, she seemed surprised that he had dogs.  Maybe he should have moved Shaq there if he liked dogs so much, it's not like Wendy would have noticed the absence of a pet.  (He may have taken Shaq after the divorce, as she said the dog was in Long Island but I don't know or care where Kelvin lives.)

In the movie, were they acknowledging that Wendy was drunk when she passed out on the show?  She was drinking a lot about the affair and everything and said in the voiceover that any woman would have done the same, and the next thing was her passing out.  It was interesting that the movie and documentary, I guess looking for a "high note" ending, focus on her going on after filing for divorce and continuing with the show.  I don't know when exactly everything was filmed, but they were going for "she triumphed and everything was great!" when there have been near-constant headlines of problems and unplanned hiatuses since the divorce.  I guess they had to end the movie somehow!

One of the most important things in her life there was no mention.  Wendy’s Mother dying.  A parent who was part of her show and talked about all the time.  Didn’t hear about it until a few weeks later.  Just goes to show where Wendy’s priorities lie.  Wendy and all her crap come first.  Her, her show, her feelings, her misfortunes.  Nobody has it worse than Wendy.

• Love 6

I tuned in late today.  Was she talking about trashing big Kev’s house while they were away?  If so, I can’t believe it.  Freaking nut job that just can’t let go.  Didn’t she glue the mailbox and spray paint the place, or was I dreaming?  WTF ?

Wendy seems to be modelling her life after a TV show and a movie:  "How Stella Got Her Groove Back" and "Sex and the City".  She told a long story about spray painting the house where Kevin and Sharina lived - the spurned wife getting back at a cheater is so like HSGHGB.   Also, Wendy seems to think her life should be a steady stream of handsome men ready to wine, dine her in fabulous Manhattan, which reminds me of her favorite show SATC.   She is NOT Stella nor Carrie.

She also made me embarrassed for her after she showed a new video of a Dating Game candidate.   She stands up from her chair and we see her all black ski suit outfit and white furry boots.  She kind of poses and says "Here I am, one of the most eligible women out here and I'm only spending time with these two! (her cats)". She's so amazed that she's single and the men aren't breaking down her doors?  Did she forget all of the crazy press she's generated in the last 2-3 years?  That would scare away almost anyone except the most desperate famewhore.

Edited by patty1h
  • LOL 2
  • Love 8

During "Ask Wendy" a black guy from her virtual audience was asking her something and she interrupted him to say "Why are your eyes so slammed shut?" I didn't catch his response. Anybody know what he said to her?

• Love 2
55 minutes ago, chenoa333 said:

I didn't catch his response. Anybody know what he said to her?

He asked about her relationship back in her radio days with rapper Eric B (of Eric B and Rakim fame).  His question was:  I watched the movie.  You were a well-known celebrity in NY then and I'm curious how you kept the fact that you and Eric were a couple out of the news.  She answered that she really didn't do anything - it wasn't a secret and it only lasted about 6 months.   He didn't asked it in a shady way, and Wendy's answer was not mean or nasty.  That was when she suddenly asked the guy about his eyes.  His answer was a joke that he's "blasian" or black-asian.

Edited by patty1h
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, patty1h said:

That was when she suddenly asked the guy about his eyes.

Thanks. I thought I heard him respond to her question about his eyes and missed it or he mumbled something. I guess I need to get my hearing checked. Lol.

1 hour ago, patty1h said:

His answer was a joke that he's "blasian" or black-asian.

Geezus! Where, how and why does Wendy think she can talk to people like that? She would crap her pants if somebody asked her why she always wears fishnet panty hose. Or what she looks like without her wig. Or why her nostrils are so big. 

I really felt bad for that guy. He was just calling in to her show to ask a legitimate, nice question and she calls him out on the way his eyes look? 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, patty1h said:

Wendy seems to be modelling her life after a TV show and a movie:  "How Stella Got Her Groove Back" and "Sex and the City".  She told a long story about spray painting the house where Kevin and Sharina lived - the spurned wife getting back at a cheater is so like HSGHGB.   Also, Wendy seems to think her life should be a steady stream of handsome men ready to wine, dine her in fabulous Manhattan, which reminds me of her favorite show SATC.   She is NOT Stella nor Carrie.

She also made me embarrassed for her after she showed a new video of a Dating Game candidate.   She stands up from her chair and we see her all black ski suit outfit and white furry boots.  She kind of poses and says "Here I am, one of the most eligible women out here and I'm only spending time with these two! (her cats)". She's so amazed that she's single and the men aren't breaking down her doors?  Did she forget all of the crazy press she's generated in the last 2-3 years?  That would scare away almost anyone except the most desperate famewhore.

Yeah, I saw that.  Prancing around in that cat suit or whatever that garb was.  She must have took a happy pill or something as she was cockey and talked ridiculous.  My husband watching said “ he’d like to see her minus the wig and makeup in the morning”.  She’s very full of herself, more so lately.  If the women on the N.Y. Housewives, like LuAnn, Ramona, Leah and Sonja can’t find a guy, what makes her think she could?   Kevin met her when she was young.  Now, she looks like a Drag Queen, with a big mouth.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

I tuned in late today.  Was she talking about trashing big Kev’s house while they were away?  If so, I can’t believe it.  Freaking nut job that just can’t let go.  Didn’t she glue the mailbox and spray paint the place, or was I dreaming?  WTF ?

Nope, she cannot let it go. She would take ol' Kelvin back in a heartbeat. 

• Love 3