Type keyword(s) to search

The Wendy Williams Show - General Discussion

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

@Mindthinkr .. what color gloves did you buy, and what’s your p.m. drink of choice?  I have a hankering for something good.  I love bloody Mary’s but then my feet swell from the salt.

I bought the Black last year so I bought both red and brown. So comfortable. 

Since Italy I’ve been into Aperol spritz’s. I part Aperol, 1 part white wine and 1 part prosecco. Or you can do the Aperol, oj, and prosecco. It’s tart and tasty. Good as a first drink. Occasionally I like a Bacardi and coke with lime. I also love Bloody Marys, but the salt can be an issue for me too. Lazy me will usually just have red wine. The best is from Trader Joe’s. Liberte Pinot Noir. $9.99 a bottle and so smooth and rich. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

Cats are no bother to her.  She doesn’t walk them, doesn’t bathe them.  Maybe she has to bend down to fill the bowl?  Or maybe she has to hug and love them?  I’m sure she has that automatic liter box cleaner too.  What’s the trouble?  Maybe she won’t like a little cat hair here and there I’m guessing.

I think she has an assistant or do gooder empty the litter box. I think she just likes to cuddle with them. After all, she spends a lot of time having to lay with her lymph reduction machine and kittens would be the purrfect distraction. She just needs one of those fishing pole type toys to play with them at a short distance. Those kittens must have the best of everything. 

• Love 2

I caught HTs this am, but was in a rush to get to an appointment. Sorry I didn’t take notes. I didn’t care for Wendy’s gold dress. I think it was just a little too much fabric and too tight in her breast area. Two things got to me. 

1) Wendy said she was “bored” while chatting re: HTs. Wendy, if you are bored giving them, how do you think we feel hearing them? Have you lost your enthusiasm? Pick subjects that we both will care about. 

2) Not a dang word on the kittens. Wendy...we need a kitty update. Do you even realize how many people are on Twitter with cat accounts that are extremely popular and active? Thousands of followers. I bet your ratings would improve if you just gave a one minute update at the beginning of the show. Animal lovers abound. 

• Love 5

Why does Wendy wear sneakers all the time? Why doesn't she get custom shoes made for her? According to Wendy we need to stop asking these dumb questions every day. 🙄

Edited by druzy
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2

God, she wasted about 10 minutes scolding everyone who has been wondering why she's been wearing sneakers. 

She stopped the very weak Hot Topics to trot out 4 members of her "glam squad", introduced what each one does (hair, makeup, wardrobe) and had one step up to the mike and tell the reason why she's been wearing sneakers "because I'm tired of explaining!".  Blah blah lymphedema blah.  Then, she had Norman and Suzanne kissing her ass, by making sure that they agreed with her exasperation.  She also declared that she will NEVER wear regular shoes again, and we will always envy the styles/choices of sneakers that she wears.  She now expects that no one should ever question her footwear again in all of our lifetimes.  Dummy. 

Sidenote:  Wendy was wearing this top/skirt combo with these contrasting prints that hurt my eyes, with some hot pink chunky sneakers.  Horrible looking outfit and made her glam squad look like hacks.

EDIT:  It looks like me and @druzy were watching at the same time.

Edited by patty1h
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4

Horrible long stringy teen hair and horrible show today.  The interview with Billy Bush terrible.  She can’t interview for shit.  Asks stupid and invasive questions.  She talked extremely personal and asked him questions that are none of her business or ours either.  I think he lowered himself by coming on the show.  Why he gave her an interview, I have no idea.  Bad move.  Maybe she thinks she’s Barbara Walters.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, druzy said:

Why does Wendy wear sneakers all the time? Why doesn't she get custom shoes made for her? According to Wendy we need to stop asking these dumb questions every day. 🙄

Dumb questions? No they're not dumb questions. Most "celebrities" who have an illness or medical condition use their status to bring awareness to other folks who might have the same problem.

Not Wendy. She just wants everyone to shut up and follow her blindly. There's no more mention by WW about her Grave's disease, her alcohol addiction, her drug addictions, her rehab, her recovery, or, why does she now have lympedema?

I'm never going to stop asking questions of this lying POS. HEY MISS FAT CANKLES...WHY DO YOU HAVE LYMPEDEMA?

AND HOW IS "SHAQ" DOIN'? HOW ARE THE CATS DOIN'?

• Love 5

Why does she have lymphedema?  Is it from wearing waffle pantyhose for many years?

JC Wendy, I hope you take those pantyhose off ocassionaly to air out your hooha. I smell a yeast infection coming! 

I want to know from WW: WHY THE WAFFLE PATTERN PANTYHOSE? 

She is a big, gigantic, over sized, lying, fake POS. 

And after rewatching her "fainting" episode with the statue of  liberty costume,  she just looks like a bad actress. Fake it til you make it Miss Fat legs and cankles. 

If WW is so confident about her looks....elderly woman, hot, sexy, great body, great legs. Why not show us your REAL self. No wig, no face foundation, no eyeliner, no fake lashes, no penciled brows, no lipstick, no concealer, no pantyhose 

It's NEVER going to happen. She loves living behind her fake ass make up and fake ass persona. 

Hope you are doing well Big Kelvin. Best wishes to you, Sharina and your beautiful baby girl! 

Edited by chenoa333
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, patty1h said:

Sidenote:  Wendy was wearing this top/skirt combo with these contrasting prints that hurt my eyes, with some hot pink chunky sneakers.  Horrible looking outfit and made her glam squad look like hacks.

I just caught the first 5 minutes because then my girlfriend came over and we made 3 gallons of Kalhua to give as Christmas presents. I did write down my thought on the outfit: 

Psychedelic Indian Fairy Princess outfit.  

After reading how she brought her glam squad out I’m glad I missed that part. They must have been so embarrassed. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Mindthinkr said:

my girlfriend came over and we made 3 gallons of Kalhua

WTF? If you live in So. California you must invite me next time. I never knew you can make Kahlua at home! It is coffees best friend along with Bailey's Irish Cream!

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, chenoa333 said:

WTF? If you live in So. California you must invite me next time. I never knew you can make Kahlua at home! It is coffees best friend along with Bailey's Irish Cream!

Next week we are making Limoncello and sorry, I live on the east coast. If it comes out well (won’t know for a few weeks) I’ll consider mailing you a taste. Hmmm...since I’ve been complaining that Wendy coming on at 10 am is too early perhaps I should consider coffee with Kahlua. She is just easier to watch with a cocktail of some sort. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

Today Wendy was advocating for Marlo Hampton to get a full time role on Real Housewives of Atlanta. This is the same Marlo Hampton who slashed a woman's face with a knife and disfigured her. Marlo's victim committed suicide a few years later. I'm not saying it was Marlo's fault that her victim committed suicide but I'm sure it changed the trajectory of her victim's life. 

• Love 1

I watched a bit today as Luann from N.Y. was on, and as usual, Wendy kept interrupting her when she was talking.  Luann could barely get a word in edgewise.  I just hate that.  Let the woman talk !!!!  Pissed me off.  Shut up Wendy and let your guests talk.  It’s not always about you, or is it?

• Love 3

I found Wendy pretty surly today when talking about her views on hugging people.  She has made it clear that she doesn't like to hug fans outside of the studio, but she sounded downright nasty and condescending while explaining her stance again today.  I'm paraphrasing here; she basically said that "some of you think of celebs as friends, but they're not and if you need a hug, you better get it from your mother or father or someone else.  Get outta here with that mess," with this disgusted look on her face.   She doesn't have to hug anyone but, dang, she sure could have been a little less abrasive when advising fans not to approach her outside the show. 

She also brought up the "why sneakers?" thing again, that people are still harping on that.  I guess someone told her that there's talk on social media how she doesn't want to discuss the footwear subject anymore and she's been catching flak for her words and is clapping back at the negativity.  Lesson:  Tone it down when you talk to your fans and it will get you less shade.

Edited by patty1h
  • Love 4

I caught a few minutes before I had to go out. I must say that I thought her wig looked good today. She wears different styles, but this one was not too long and wavy. 

Body shapers for men? 😳 Who knew. I don’t think that Kim K was going to make a mint on that product. 

The Countess...what a body. All that yoga has her in the best shape. She has never seemed fat or flabby, but she is contoured now in a good way. She also had a petite star necklace on which Wendy complimented. I liked it. Guess she’s over the statement ones. She also rocked the shoe cam. I tried to google them, but didn’t see them. Similar Balmain shoes ran about $800-$1000. 

Edited by Mindthinkr
Too not to.
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, patty1h said:

I found Wendy pretty surly today when talking about her views on hugging people.  She has made it clear that she doesn't like to hug fans outside of the studio, but she sounded downright nasty and condescending while explaining her stance again today.  I'm paraphrasing here; she basically said that "some of you think of celebs as friends, but they're not and if you need a hug, you better get it from your mother or father or someone else.  Get outta here with that mess," with this disgusted look on her face.   She doesn't have to hug anyone but, dang, she sure could have been a little less abrasive when advising fans not to approach her outside the show. 

She also brought up the "why sneakers?" thing again, that people are still harping on that.  I guess someone told her that there's talk on social media how she doesn't want to discuss the footwear subject anymore and she's been catching flak for her words and is clapping back at the negativity.  Lesson:  Tone it down when you talk to your fans and it will get you less shade.

She’s so rude to the audience too.  She has the impression that the audience are her friends for years, and she could be candid with them like she is with family.  I would be mortified if she ever called me out, but I’m not interested in going there ever.  I can’t quite figure out if she’s popular or not.  I guess they either love her or hate her.  Anyone know?

• Love 1
32 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

I caught a few minutes before I had to go out. I must say that I thought her wig looked good today. She wears different styles, but this one was not to long and wavy. 

Body shapers for men? 😳 Who knew. I don’t think that Kim K was going to make a mint on that product. 

The Countess...what a body. All that yoga has her in the best shape. She has never seemed fat or flabby, but she is contoured now in a good way. She also had a petite star necklace on which Wendy complimented. I liked it. Guess she’s over the statement ones. She also rocked the shoe cam. I tried to google them, but didn’t see them. Similar Balmain shoes ran about 800-1000

I would have liked to hear more that Luann was trying to say, but big mouth always butted in.  I did like Wendy’s hair too.  Those straight long wigs have to go.  Not appropriate for her age.

• Love 2
52 minutes ago, Silver Bells said:

but I’m not interested in going there ever.

There are good reasons not to go. First she wants you to submit a photo of yourself with your ticket application. Does she need to make sure that we look good enough? That we are age appropriate? Is giving her our picture give her the legal right to use our image for whatever? I also wonder if she asks for our emails, because I don’t think she’s above having her staff vet us to make sure that only people who say nice things about her get tickets. I wouldn’t mind going, but I’d never make it through the process of getting a ticket. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

The Countess...what a body. All that yoga has her in the best shape

Luanne looks so beautiful. I'm sure Plastic Wendy was jealous AF!

And...just want wish Kelvin, Sharina and cute new baby girl a lovely weekend!

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
On 11/22/2019 at 3:19 PM, Mindthinkr said:

There are good reasons not to go. First she wants you to submit a photo of yourself with your ticket application. Does she need to make sure that we look good enough? That we are age appropriate? Is giving her our picture give her the legal right to use our image for whatever? I also wonder if she asks for our emails, because I don’t think she’s above having her staff vet us to make sure that only people who say nice things about her get tickets. I wouldn’t mind going, but I’d never make it through the process of getting a ticket. 

Wow.  I never knew a person has to go thru that scrutiny.  What does she think her studio is .. the White House?  I’ve never heard of such a thing.  Just WHO does she think she is?   Ticket application?  I thought they pulled visitors off the street in the morning.  If anything, I don’t think she wants any great looking babes in her audience.  Well, I guess that leaves us out, lol.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, chenoa333 said:

Just morons and clowns.

She probably scans the audience behind the curtains before showtime and tells Suzanne who to pick and seat them where she can do “Ask Wendy”.  They have to be super outrageous or weird.  Like her.    But, they cannot be better looking than her, hahaha.

Edited by Silver Bells
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Silver Bells said:

tells Suzanne who to pick and seat them where she can do “Ask Wendy”.  

Of course she does. Has she ever done Ask Wendy with folks in the last upper rows of the audience? 

maybe they might pull them from the last rows to the lower rows if they know WW is going to feature them. (simply because WW can't exert much effort to walk up to the back/top row with her cankles, lymphedema, Grave's disease, thyroidism, Alcohol cravings, coke cravings, lazy ass.

My auto correct wanted to change "coke cravings" to "come cravings"! HOW YOU DOIN' WENDY! 

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

Of course she does. Has she ever done Ask Wendy with folks in the last upper rows of the audience? 

maybe they might pull them from the last rows to the lower rows if they know WW is going to feature them. (simply because WW can't exert much effort to walk up to the back/top row with her cankles, lymphedema, Grave's disease, thyroidism, Alcohol cravings, coke cravings, lazy ass.

My auto correct wanted to change "coke cravings" to "come cravings"! HOW YOU DOIN' WENDY! 

Oh, I hope not. I've been wanting to attend a taping for a while now, but to be seated somewhere that doesn't draw attention.  The upper rows is just where I'd like to be.

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, Bees52 said:

The upper rows is just where I'd like to be.

But her camera people zoom in on ANYBODY they think WW will find laughable or just "out there" in their clothing, hair, make up. Wendy will embarrass anyone. She doesn't care. Hell, she embarrasses herself everyday. Why would she care about humiliating her followers.

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, chenoa333 said:

But her camera people zoom in on ANYBODY they think WW will find laughable or just "out there" in their clothing, hair, make up. Wendy will embarrass anyone. She doesn't care. Hell, she embarrasses herself everyday. Why would she care about humiliating her followers.

Maybe...  they also just show an audience members' reactions, not to be embarrassing. I could live with that. Couldn't you?

17 minutes ago, Bees52 said:

Maybe...  they also just show an audience members' reactions, not to be embarrassing. I could live with that. Couldn't you?

Yes. And they also show folks who are not being caught on camera for their "reaction". They're being shown for people to laugh at...and not in a good way.

Edited by chenoa333
  • Love 2
23 minutes ago, chenoa333 said:

Yes. And they also show folks who are not being caught on camera for their "reaction". They're being shown for people to laugh at...and not in a good way.

Well, thanks for the heads up. I haven't applied for tickets yet.  I have been considering for a while, though, because  when she mentions how far some travel to attend the show and I am right near there, I think why not go and see how it all happens. I feel the same way about attending The View too.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Bees52 said:

Well, thanks for the heads up. I haven't applied for tickets yet.  I have been considering for a while, though, because  when she mentions how far some travel to attend the show and I am right near there, I think why not go and see how it all happens. I feel the same way about attending The View too.

Definitely go! Don't let my opinion stop you. You might just have a great time. 

And let us know if WW still requires audience members to send their pic when applying for tickets.

• Love 1
23 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

Wow.  I never knew a person has to go thru that scrutiny.  What does she think her studio is .. the White House?  I’ve never heard of such a thing.  Just WHO does she think she is?   Ticket application?  I thought they pulled visitors off the street in the morning.  If anything, I don’t think she wants any great looking babes in her audience.  Well, I guess that leaves us out, lol.

I wonder if there is a spot on the app for remarks or comments or ratings.  Just something to let them know, no bueno.

I didn’t catch yesterday’s show, but saw how she was dressed. I liked it. The colors looked good on her. Today not so much. The belt looked like it was holding her breasts up. 

Re: Justin Timberlake...The trailer had a sign on it that said makeup clearly on the door. Wendy saying that we wouldn’t understand if she didn’t tell us (that it was a makeup trailer) was basically telling us that she thinks that we are stupid. The only stupidity we may suffer from is watching. 

Re: Hoda Kotb...Love is not measured in how many carats are on your engagement ring. I’m sure Kelvin used Wendy’s money (even what he earned was based off of being her manager or producer) to buy her her diamonds. 

She mentioned her kitties. Hooray, but why are they staying in a hotel? 

10 minutes ago, Silver Bells said:

Today she stooped to the lowest of the low, like she was talking in her living room. She told everyone she got her period back,  AND,  she LIKES THE BEEF.  Do we have to hear that?  Honestly.

No. I imagine that the guys in the audience were not thrilled with her 5 minute discussion of her getting her period yesterday and how her countdown of menopause will have to begin again. Just not necessary. Especially the details (breast tenderness, cramps etc), we women already know what goes with it. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

Today she stooped to the lowest of the low, like she was talking in her living room. She told everyone she got her period back,  AND,  she LIKES THE BEEF.  Do we have to hear that?  Honestly.

I don't believe her. She's probably STILL trying to make Kelvin jealous. Like he would actually want to have a baby with a woman in her 50's. Imagine the health risks for that baby and the odds that it wouldn't be mentally disabled. 

Has she mentioned the cats lately? 

I'm guessing she's on a long break from now til mid January. She's such a hard worker!😄

Edited by chenoa333
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
59 minutes ago, chenoa333 said:

Has she mentioned the cats lately? 

Today she mentioned that the kitties and her are staying in a hotel. 

I can’t imagine why. 

1 hour ago, chenoa333 said:

She's such a hard worker!😄

That’s the part that had me laughing. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

She mentioned her kitties. Hooray, but why are they staying in a hotel? 

I'm pretty sure her cats are staying at a pet boarding "hotel". Wendy isn't referring to a people hotel. She's boarding the cats somewhere. If she even still has them.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, chenoa333 said:

I'm pretty sure her cats are staying at a pet boarding "hotel". Wendy isn't referring to a people hotel. She's boarding the cats somewhere. If she even still has them.

She stated today that when she ordered a kale salad (that had anchovies in it WTF) she had to watch that they didn’t go sniffing it or stealing bits of food off of her plate. If she is in a hotel I feel sorry for the housekeepers. You know they’ll get stuck cleaning the litter box. I hope she tops them very well, but I doubt it.

You could be right and Wendy could be lying...that’s happened before. I’ll choose to believe her because I like to think of the kitties wanting to be with their human, the way that mine want to be with me. 

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

I like to think of the kitties wanting to be with their human, the way that mine want to be with me. 

Your cats want to be with you because you show them love, kindness, gentleness and a feeling of security. 

I rest my case! 😊

• Love 4

They are spoiled rotten. D6E96019-50BB-4272-B111-2F0691BC0658.thumb.jpeg.809ff57e42ad57643d0c410bfd8b0852.jpeg

62746BB1-D081-4108-999B-E65B75BA1317.thumb.jpeg.bc286c1f1be4153f6d027857f7161ce2.jpeg

I got my gloves today that I ordered from Trendy at Wendy. They are the same that I got from the Today Show (in a different color) last year, but a bit less expensive. They are great. They came with a sample of coconut Nivea cream and a $2 off coupon for the same. Also included was a $100 gift card towards wine. I’m sure there’s a catch, like I have to sign up for a wine of the month club or some such. I’m getting ready to go see the Mr Rogers movie so no time to check it out now. 

Edited by Mindthinkr
Those are two different cats.
  • Love 6

Watched Wendy today. She looked pretty good and was actually tolerable. ...a holiday miracle?! 

I saw yesterday too, and she clearly said that the kitties were in a cat hotel, while Wendy is at home. But she did say today that she is leaving for Florida for Thanksgiving, so I guess we have to give her the benefit of the doubt and assume she probably just checked them in early. 

Good Lord Julie Bowen and the guest today were both super HIGH ENERGY. Wendy did not even try to talk over them. (small blessings)

Wendy actually seems like she is in a good place. She is no longer trying to pretend that she has multiple lovers after her, or that she parties with Nene Lekes and Black China every other day. She seem a bit more competant at reading the teleprompter and telling her stories (with Norman's help), and the staff seems more relaxed. ...of course, chances are slim that she won't fuck it up!

• Love 4

Today's nitpick:  When she does the Ask Wendy segment, she demands the persons name, city they live in and what they do.  I can hand-wave the first two questions, but needing to know what they do is irrelevant.  There have even been times where the co-host is so excited that they skip the 'what do you do part', and Wendy makes sure to go back and ask this again.  Whatever! 

I have noticed that no one has ever said "I'm out of work right now/between jobs".  I find that suspect and know that (of course) they pre-select the questions and only choose those who are employed - my guess is this practice is done to make sponsors comfortable that the audience is not a bunch of scrubs and have income to spend on their products.  

Funny moment:  Wendy standing in the audience holding a new version of the old-school Polaroid camera, you know, where a picture is spit out as soon as you hit the button.  This was a sponsored product placement/live commercial deal.  She tried three times to push the button and take an instant picture but nothing came out.  Then she jiggles the camera trying to figure out the problem and the bottom compartment falls open.  Ooops!   I'm sure the sponsor was delighted that the host fumbled the whole "easy point and shoot" aspect of the camera.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4

Wendy is desperate for sponsors/advertising companies to pay her.

And yes, I'm going there (about the cats). So she picks them up from the boarding facility, brings them home. Then she says she ate chicken wings in bed and woke up with chicken bones in her bed. Like THAT would ever happen if the cats were allowed in bed with her. 

Maybe she's just such a concerned pet owner she knew it could be dangerous for her cats that she loves so much, to eat chicken bones? Hahaaa!! Nope! 

And it's just gross to leave chicken bones in your bed

She is so full of $hit. I'll bet her sheets are always purchased in brown.

• LOL 1
15 minutes ago, Silver Bells said:

Maybe Norman.     Nice picture @Mindthinkr

I think I got it from the Daily Fail (Mail), but because I can’t post links I screenshotted it, reduced its size and then posted it. You’d think I could just do a link.....  but no lol. 

• Love 2

I thought that because Wendy was a rerun on Friday, the local station would realize they were finally all caught up from whenever it was that an episode was preempted and would jump back in with the new episode today.  But of course not, she starts off talking about interviewing Nicole Murphy "yesterday," so I changed the channel.  I would ask them why they can't show the episodes on the right day, but that would require caring a little more than I do.  I know there are some cases where a show is on two different channels and one shows episodes a day late in case someone misses it, but Wendy is only on NBC here now.

One thing that is kind of funny is that Wendy is the lead-in to Kelly Clarkson here, and awhile back, Christie Brinkley and her daughter Sailer were guests on Kelly's show.  There was a whole segment spent with the the duo and Kelly going off on an unnamed individual who didn't believe Christie was injured during the DWTS rehearsals.  I'm sure Kelly already disliked Wendy anyway, as I remember a looong time ago (must have been 2003), there were ads for some special Wendy was doing for VH-1.  Kelly and Idol runner-up/co-star in bad movie that I may own on DVD Justin Guarini were walking by and Wendy was screaming, "Are you two having sexual intercourse?!"

• Love 2