Type keyword(s) to search

The Wendy Williams Show - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I foresee a divorce announcement soon.  And I do NOT think Wendy is going to handle being 50 and single well.

I agree something is going to change soon.  I think the extreme weight loss is a preparatory step to ensure she is desirable to a new man.   I'm really getting sick of watching her. I get nothing out of her show and am fading away fast.  Her show is strictly a love fest for herself and she's constantly encouraging that adulation from her adoring fans, like she couldn't exist without it.   I used to get a kick out of her, but no more.

Edited by Fishy
  • Love 4

I foresee a divorce announcement soon.  And I do NOT think Wendy is going to handle being 50 and single well.

I agree something is going to change soon.

Is it possible the show is in danger of being cancelled? Or that she's been told it's the last season but it's not public news? I have no idea what keeps a show on, or what ratings constitute a success anymore, but she's behaving like someone with nothing to lose (way more than in past seasons). 

They do some random question thing at the end of Joy's talk show and Wendy's question was something like, "if you could choose any life for yourself, what would it be?" She said she would be living in NYC and doing the show. Joy and Susie were like, "Whaaaa? How is that different from your current life?" and she said that she would be a single woman dating around, going out every night but that she didn't want to live anywhere else or do any other job. I didn't take it to be hugely significant, but it was clear that her job is an identity she wouldn't part with for anything.

Or maybe her invisible in-laws are coming for turkey day and she's losing her mind over the idea of (related) killers coming to the house? 

• Love 2

The 'killer' doesn't bother me, I think she thinks she's being funny.  I love Wendy, her attitude generally is fun (even though her opinions are... out there ... at times), but something is off this season.  I thought it was a little overshary when she told us about Kevin on synthetic marijuana, but then later she mentioned that he is 14... it just really struck me how scary that is that you've already hauled your kid into rehab at 14.  I think she's got some major things happening in her personal life and it's making her edgy.

• Love 5

Is it possible the show is in danger of being cancelled? Or that she's been told it's the last season but it's not public news? I have no idea what keeps a show on, or what ratings constitute a success anymore, but she's behaving like someone with nothing to lose (way more than in past seasons). 

THIS!!! I've been wondering the same thing!

I don't think she'll get divorced. I don't see her scumbag husband leaving his cash cow and I think she'll hold on to the bitter end. She seems to be the type of woman I loathe. She seems to think that a bad relationship is better than no relationship.

I think her ego has just gotten out of control and she thinks she can do whatever she wants.

Edited by Maharincess
  • Love 7

I don't think she'll get divorced. I don't see her scumbag husband leaving his cash cow and I think she'll hold on to the bitter end. She seems to be the type of woman I loathe. She seems to think that a bad relationship is better than no relationship.

I think her ego has just gotten out of control and she thinks she can do whatever she wants.

I concur.

• Love 1

I hadn't thought why, but her shows are piling up on my DVR.  I tend not to watch unless I awake at 2 am and cannot get back to sleep.  And this only if there is nothing better on my list!  

It is clearly because she has gotten much more annoying.  I did see the show where the woman coughed and I was appalled. 

I agree that Kevin would never leave his cash cow but that doesn't mean the marriage is not  in trouble or over behind closed door She talks about cooking and watching TV without a word about Kevin doing anything with her. 

ETA: This is an older article but it answers the question as to why her thinking is archaic when it comes to the roles men and women play when married or partnered. I did not know that both she and Kevin are this show; it is their production company and Kevin "rules" it.  

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/gossip/confidential/wendy-williams-hubby-real-boss-talk-show-source-article-1.1410338 

Edited by wings707

I agree that Kevin would never leave his cash cow but that doesn't mean the marriage is not  in trouble or over behind closed door She talks about cooking and watching TV without a word about Kevin doing anything with her.

An older article but answers some questions in my mind. 

http://www.nydailyne...icle-1.1410338

That link didn't work for me, but I think I found the article. Wow, Kevin sounds like the freaking Frank Underwood of daytime talk shows. What a grotesque loser. 

I was just thinking the other day that I suspect if Wendy would just be genuine on the show and not using 60% of her airtime every week as some kind of free public marriage counseling for herself, I think she'd (and we'd) be happily surprised with how likable she'd suddenly become. Wish she had that confidence in herself.

It sounds like Wendy's twisted every comment about her relationship into an attack on her choice to stay with a spouse who cheated, instead of admitting her marriage sounds like a Lifetime movie about a teen's first abusive boyfriend. I wish she'd make some friends (it seems like she's always saying that married woman shouldn't really have them...), and find a real support person.

All of her sputterings about the zillion rules of conduct for grown, married women all sound a lot less charming now after reading that article. Instead, it's more like someone who gave up the fight against the brainwashing of a shitheel, and is now permanently backed down. Now I wonder if her "woman's right to change her mind" schtick is merely Kevin correcting her every night - and the tours and clothing line just more facets of her life that he can drive and then tell her she owes all this increasing success to him. 

• Love 2

That link didn't work for me, but I think I found the article. Wow, Kevin sounds like the freaking Frank Underwood of daytime talk shows. What a grotesque loser. 

I was just thinking the other day that I suspect if Wendy would just be genuine on the show and not using 60% of her airtime every week as some kind of free public marriage counseling for herself, I think she'd (and we'd) be happily surprised with how likable she'd suddenly become. Wish she had that confidence in herself.

It sounds like Wendy's twisted every comment about her relationship into an attack on her choice to stay with a spouse who cheated, instead of admitting her marriage sounds like a Lifetime movie about a teen's first abusive boyfriend. I wish she'd make some friends (it seems like she's always saying that married woman shouldn't really have them...), and find a real support person.

All of her sputterings about the zillion rules of conduct for grown, married women all sound a lot less charming now after reading that article. Instead, it's more like someone who gave up the fight against the brainwashing of a shitheel, and is now permanently backed down. Now I wonder if her "woman's right to change her mind" schtick is merely Kevin correcting her every night - and the tours and clothing line just more facets of her life that he can drive and then tell her she owes all this increasing success to him. 

I agree. Wendy is beaten down. She has no right to give any advice to anyone. Her life is hell and every time she opens her mouth it shows just how jealous she is of other women. To think this is an intelligent woman with a degree from Boston U. 

• Love 1

That article was from 2013. The show continues to be a success despite big kev. Overall I still like Wendy but her views on a lot of things are just ugh.....I think her hot topics team needs to be fired. She's clearly just saying what they give her.

Re Taye Diggs...he's always given off a major douche vibe...even when he was on her show. And I'm with Wendy on this one. Fine celebrate you kid however you want, but the world sees a black male so Taye is doing his kid a disservice if he doesn't ready him for the inevitable profiling etc etc. Taye isn't that rich and famous that the kid will grow up in a bubble were that shit doesn't happen.

• Love 2

Wendy on an After Show said that she feeds her dog raw chicken. I have had dogs and I wouldn't ever feed them raw chicken or any raw meat for that matter. Anyone else think that is strange?

I used to pet sit for a family who owned 2 Bernese Mountain dogs and they would have fresh, raw chicken delivered to the house for the younger (puppy) dog to eat.

I didn't question it. As long as the check doesn't bounce, Im good. Lol

On a more serious note, I know a lot of these unconventional types of pet diets are recommended by the breeders, not so much the pet owners.

Edited by chenoa333

I used to pet sit for a family who owned 2 Bernese Mountain dogs and they would have fresh, raw chicken delivered to the house for the younger (puppy) dog to eat.

I didn't question it. As long as the check doesn't bounce, Im good. Lol

On a more serious note, I know a lot of these unconventional types of pet diets are recommended by the breeders, not so much the pet owners.

Would that be boneless chicken? I thought pets shouldn't eat chicken bones because they could get lodged in their throat.

• Love 1

It was bone in. And yes, I've always heard pets shouldn't be fed meat on the bone for obvious reasons.

that particular breed of dog that Wendy has is a very large breed. I hope she's having it trained while it's still a puppy.

Once again, she can't get anything straight. She's talking about one of her all time favorite shows, James at 15. She loved the show so much that she talked about the actor the show and said his name was Kevin and she can't remember his last name. His name is Lance Kerwin. Wouldn't she check notes if she knows she's going to be talking about something??

Edited by Maharincess
  • Love 2

She was loud and shouty.

Especially when it came to Sofia Vergara. The rundown of how she suspects her to be some kind of bossy hotheaded Latin stereotype was bordering on very offensive. She says she knows nothing about Sofia other than seeing her on Modern Family, but she can just tell how annoying she is in real life. And she's worried that Joe will have his privates ripped off by her dominant and annoying personality (From Kevin's walnut brain to Wendy's ears). Bitch, please, it's not a fight to the death where only one person is allowed to be happy in every marriage.

And again with her histrionics about the freaking embryos. They are not 2 little girls playing jump rope you basic fool! Is every person who ever created a sex-specific embryo not allowed to enter into any future relationship for all of time then? Quick, inform the courts! Never a peep about Nick Loeb's snorting of coke off of prostitutes asses during his engagement to Sofia, cause I guess that's just a man being a man...? And of course she had to age shame, like poor, inexperienced Joe was tricked by the flash but will figure out soon enough that she's 43, my god.... I'm sure Joe is thrilled his first talk show experience is taking bets on how many months his marriage will last. 

And of course she had some hate saved for Ciara (while loving Gwen Stefani's look). It only makes sense that a woman who moved on from a cheater to a relationship with someone willing to be abstinent would have Wendy's brain on fire. It seems like after Future visited the show, she immediately decided Ciara must have been the problem. Wendy loves to victim blame and shame when a woman dares to leave her man.

Edited by meisje
  • Love 6

Speaking of Gwen Stefani, where the hell is the thread for the American Music Awards?! Couldn't find it anywhere last night.

Anyway, my jaw hit the floor when she said Sofia and Joe's marriage won't last 2 years. She has ZERO room to be talking shit about anyone's since hers is such a train wreck.

She's always been terrible but she's much worse lately. Her ego is out of control.

• Love 4

I'm not sure if Wendy wears anything on her legs.  I'll try to pay closer attention because now you have me curious.

There was one season where she was wearing those fishnet tights every day. They were hard to see in TV. She said she loved them. 

(From Kevin's walnut brain to Wendy's ears)

Hysterical!  And so true. 

And again with her histrionics about the freaking embryos. They are not 2 little girls playing jump rope you basic fool!

I went off on this the first time she said this back when the news broke.  Utterly ridiculous and ignorant.   Her wig is a flash back to the 80's.  Ugh.  

• Love 2

I'm not sure if Wendy wears anything on her legs.  I'll try to pay closer attention because now you have me curious.

She wears hose. You can tell when you look at her knee which we see all through hot topics.  That is not a bare knee.   You can also see when she puts her hand on her knee and compare the texture and color of her hand skin.  

I wonder if Walmart hired that guy to rave about Patti's pie.  Probably not but I am suspect.  

Edited by wings707
  • Love 1

Did anyone catch the episode about Christina Aguillara returning to the Voice to replace Gwen?

Wendy said Christina needs to get on the treadmill, make her boobs perky and dye her hair before she returns. something in Wendy's crazy mind that thinks Christina needs to top Gwen in looks.

Ridiculous...Christina's voice is a thousand times better than Gwen's. That woman (Christina) has a set of pipes on her like nobody else. IMO

• Love 2

I did hear that. ^^^  

I am watching today's show now.  It was interrupted by a news alert and when they came back  a very large black man (staff) was smiling at her.  I missed what was funny (doesn't matter).  Is that her husband?  I have only found old pics of him online with shaved head.  

I did hear that. ^^^

I am watching today's show now. It was interrupted by a news alert and when they came back a very large black man (staff) was smiling at her. I missed what was funny (doesn't matter). Is that her husband? I have only found old pics of him online with shaved head.

No, That is her security guy. She was talking about trying to hail a cab and nobody was stopping. So, her security (I forget his name) offered to get the cab and she busted out laughing and said hey big black if they're not stopping for me.... It was actually pretty funny. The conversation started because she was discussing the Al Roker story in the news.

I'm glad Al is talking about the cabs passing him in order to pick up white customers. Bigots and racist don't care if you're famous.

ETA. Her security guy took the camera from the camera man (white guy). He had him hail the cab. They finally got it.

I'm glad Al is talking about the cabs passing him in order to pick up white customers. Bigots and racist don't care if you're famous.

They probably didn't recognize him.  Most if not all of the cabbies in NYC are foreign and know very little English.  I would venture to say that none watch Today.  

Oh come on Wendy.  You cannot separate rumor that may have some truth around it to made up nonsense.   If Amal Clooney wants to wear a plain platinum band, when she is at work, she will just do it without mention!  Downgrade?  Seriously?  Good god. 

• Love 1

Oh come on Wendy.  You cannot separate rumor that may have some truth around it to made up nonsense.   If Amal Clooney wants to wear a plain platinum band, when she is at work, she will just do it without mention!  Downgrade?  Seriously?  Good god. 

Word.  Would someone tell Wendy that yes, most of the world knows that she is married to George Clooney but those that are in need of her services have much bigger issues to think about.  I think it is incredibly appropriate that Amal wants to downgrade for work.  It makes perfect sense when she is going into an environment whose Gross National Product is worth less than her ring. 

Good god this woman helps the disadvantaged and prosecutes war criminals, wearing a flashy 7 carat ring can get in the way of that. 

Of course Wendy has to interpret that to mean something different. 

• Love 5

Wendy feels better about herself and her crappy married life when she finds fault with another woman. Perfectly understandable that Mrs. Clooney wouldn't flaunt her jewelry in the face of the disadvantaged. Wendy, if she were to do anything as noble as help people out, would flaunt her jewelry and push her boobs in their faces all the while saying "How You Doin". 

• Love 7

Maybe I have a hearing problem (don't think so, though) but I swear she always pronounces Jennifer Garner's last name as "Gardner"and nobody on her staff ever corrects her.

Nope, no hearing problem! She says "Gardner" and Rosie O'Donnell is "Rosie O'Donald" and there are many, many more. It may be her way of verbally side-eyeing certain people as well. I'm terrible with names generally, but if you have a note, are reading from a prompter, or are being paid several millions a year to list off a few celeb's names, it's easy to fix. I believe she mangled Amal's name for a long time and even botched Idina's name to Taye when he was there. I'm pretty sure the hot topics' screw ups are an affectation, like her "-ations" themselves, and it's part of her colloquial act.

I think it is incredibly appropriate that Amal wants to downgrade for work.  It makes perfect sense when she is going into an environment whose Gross National Product is worth less than her ring.

Well said! I'm sure it's a source of unhappiness for Wendy that Amal didn't have to suffer through years of being married to a douche like Kevin and "earn an upgrade" (paid by Kevin's "earnings" of Wendy's own salary). 

• Love 1

Thanks for the feedback on the "mispronounced" names.

I'm extremely pleased to know that it's not my hearing!!

Wendy seems to have gotten so much more opinionated and classless over the years. I know her being opinionated is her job but it just seems like she's saying derogatory things to up her ratings.

So many of the people in her audience seem so mesmerized by her thoughts and opinions.

And don't even get me started on Suzanne and her constantly pumping up the audience to applaud, scream, squeal, chant "wendy, wendy".

I hate Wendy's aftershow. It's all about Wendy...no studio audience.

Edited by chenoa333
  • Love 1