Type keyword(s) to search

The Wendy Williams Show - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I guess that extreme diet she was on didn't last long, she was back to talking about food again today.

She was talking about a vegetarian eggplant dish so I guess she's still off the meat which still amazes me because girl loved her ribs, burgers and slow cooker pot roast. 

• Love 2

How irritating was Taye Diggs? Stop trying so hard dude.

I had to stop watching the interview when I heard Wendy bring up his ex wife. I thought omg why is she bringing her up? I'm sure they have both moved on. I was just too embarrassed, I turned it off.

I do agree, he looked ridiculous in whatever he had on. The hat alone made me lol.

• Love 6

While talking to "Snooki" on today's episode Wendy told her that to get a bigger ring you "put your work into the marriage and then request stuff".

Doesn't she really mean put all of the work into the marriage then buy yourself stuff because your man has no job? I'm sure Wendy's man isn't in a position to buy her a ring from a gumball machine.

On the other hand Snooki's husband has his own career and doesn't live off of his wife.

Wendy has no business giving anybody relationship advice.

Edited by Maharincess
  • Love 4

I was kind of grossed out by Wendy skyping with the bunny ranch dude today. I don't watch the Kardashians - I couldn't tell you one from the other or who was married to the guy who's in a coma now, etc., but what I DO know is that clearly, his life is on the line and he has children and it's a shame. I felt like the coverage was really callous on WW today. I think I'm taking her off my DVR list...I'm just left with a bad taste in my mouth.

But Wendy does it for her co-hosts. And BTW, EVERY news magazine program (and news stations) had similar interviews with the Dennis Hof, so I didn't find it offensive at all.

I just read that Hof had been on Nancy Grace and so clearly it wasn't just Wendy, but still, the entire thing is really weird. I guess I don't have a strong opinion on whether prostitution should be legal (in places other than NV), but the information is still extremely private, no matter that the whole thing was on the up-and-up. It felt equivalent to hearing what someone's pap results were on national television, and then the list of people they most recently slept with. Hearing how much he paid, how long he planned to stay and the type of services he requested was just so bizarre. I would think a certain degree of confidentiality would be expected when paying for the whole experience, but maybe I'm completely out of the loop when it comes to how brothels are run. The two girls he picked out look like they need a few months of R&R and nutritional IVs or something.

My memory sucks today, but it seemed like Wendy kind of intro-ed the whole piece by saying something like "no one makes you pick up the pipe"  as a way of distancing herself from aspects of it. I was thinking about it today and, even though Wendy dealt with addiction, she's really not qualified to speak to it in that way, IMHO. Lamar has an entire lifetime of trauma that makes his situation hugely different from Wendy's relatively-coddled background. Addiction isn't homogeneous so she sounds very simple to me when she makes statements like that.

In the past few years of big-named, and some super-talented, celebs dying from addiction, I've found myself very affected and feeling a great deal of empathy and then actually pulled back a little and thought, "why don't I feel this way when someone famous comes out as battling MS or Lupus or various other chronic, debilitating and generally-fatal diseases?" It's strange that our culture has such different standards about what constitutes a tragic loss. I don't mean to sound like any one is more tragic than another, but we sure hear a lot more about the OD type.

Yes - the Taye Diggs interview was awful - from both sides. I don't find him the least bit likeable, and Wendy didn't do herself any favors with her interview technique.

Every time I've seen him in anything, I have gotten such a strong douche vibe, but this interview is a prime example of how incredibly douchey he really is. All of the Idina stuff was super uncomfortable, from the mispronunciation to the endless comments and questions, and weirder still because his mother and sister were right there. If someone interviewed Wendy with the 2 Kev's in the audience and asked her about -- and kept bringing up -- her first marriage, her head would explode! 

Edited by meisje
  • Love 4

That Dennis Hof guy really made the rounds - on my local radio morning show (in LA), he called in, and he even called Khloe an attention whore.  I was shocked.  I mean, she totally is, but this isn't an example of her whoring.  So i didn't judge Wendy too much for having him - he is talking to everybody.  Tacky tacky tacky - but Wendy is the show to go for that!

• Love 2

Wendy continues to crack me up when she mispronounces names.  Today she screwed up Amy Robach's husband's name.   Duh... Start paying attention to your background notes, Wendy or have one of your co-hosts do the interview. 

• Love 1

I just read that Hof had been on Nancy Grace and so clearly it wasn't just Wendy, but still, the entire thing is really weird. I guess I don't have a strong opinion on whether prostitution should be legal (in places other than NV)

I have no problem with legalized prostitution, as long as its between 2 consenting adults I don't think there's anything wrong with exchanging money for sex.

In the past few years of big-named, and some super-talented, celebs dying from addiction, I've found myself very affected and feeling a great deal of empathy and then actually pulled back a little and thought, "why don't I feel this way when someone famous comes out as battling MS or Lupus or various other chronic, debilitating and generally-fatal diseases?" It's strange that our culture has such different standards about what constitutes a tragic loss. I don't mean to sound like any one is more tragic than another, but we sure hear a lot more about the OD type.

This made me think. I'm the same way. I think it's because the drug related deaths are completely 100 percent preventable. That's what makes them so tragic and senseless to me. Getting a disease isn't your choice. Taking drugs is.

Just my opinion.

• Love 2

Maybe it's me, but Wendy seems to have lost her edge so far this season. Her guest interviews have been awful for the most part, and it's just plain sloppy that she messes up interview details. Even her hot topics segments seem a bit off. Maybe the family problems and all of her other ventures are taking their toll.

• Love 4

The worst detail she's screwed up was after Jackie Collins died, Wendy said "Rest in peace Joan Collins".

Has she ever had a big name A list star on her show to promote a new project? She's had some guests I've never heard of and some that made me wonder why they're on because they haven't done anything in years.

• Love 4

I think a lot of the A-list celebrities boycott Wendy for various reasons; too low brow, she talks about them like a dog, or she talked about them like a dirty dog back when she was on radio.  I like Wendy, but the things she used to say about people were so over the top and out of line I was surprised she started originally getting guest when she started the show.

Also her interview techniques can be so bizarre, I would venture to guess that a lot of celebrities would feel like they are about to be ambushed when interviewed, which is completely likely. 

• Love 5

The other day when Wendy was talking about staying in hotels and not letting room service in or not even letting the housekeepers in to change the sheets and so on, I was kind of taken aback how paranoid and scared of everything she is. I have always laughed at her killer schtick because I mostly thought she said things like that for laughs. After hearing her go on the other day I wonder what her families deal is? Do you think it's her husband that prefers to be secluded. Wendy had to be pretty open to things at one point she started her career on her own, moved out of the country on her own at a young age.

I don't know much about her husband but what is said here (cheater), I wonder if he is very controlling?

• Love 2

Wendy was lying her ass off talking about how life isn't a competition and women should lift each other up, not be catty and tear each other down. LOL you're one to talk Wendy.

Amen to that. This is the same bimbo who not only talks shit about female celebrities every chance she gets, she also doesn't like her female friends to spend time together without her and claimed out of one side of her mouth that she and her hype woman Suzanne don't hang out together after work but bragged when Suzanne talked about the huge family portrait that includes her on her wall out the other. The other day Wendy threw shade at Kate Middleton for the one picture of her having less-than-perfect hair when her own hair is not only way worse all the time, she wears wigs every single day. Then again, that's to be expected from someone who loves The Royals, the E! network's prime-time soap about a fictional British royal family, because they're just as ratchet as she is, if not more.

• Love 3

Am I only one who thought the unauthorized Beyonce book sounds pretty boring. For a guy who spent all that time working on this he really had nothing. If I was a conspiracy theorists I would think Beyonce got ahold of him, and paid the guy off.

I mean come on, who the hell believes that Beyonce wasn't jealous of all the attention and awards Jennifer Hudson got?

• Love 1

Am I only one who thought the unauthorized Beyonce book sounds pretty boring. For a guy who spent all that time working on this he really had nothing. If I was a conspiracy theorists I would think Beyonce got ahold of him, and paid the guy off.

I mean come on, who the hell believes that Beyonce wasn't jealous of all the attention and awards Jennifer Hudson got?

Yea, it was as if he was really trying not to piss off Beyonce. Why write the book, then? 

• Love 2

Her guest interviews have been awful for the most part, and it's just plain sloppy that she messes up interview details. Even her hot topics segments seem a bit off. Maybe the family problems and all of her other ventures are taking their toll.

Yeah, things are off, for sure. The first thing was hot topics being so tepid upon the start of this season, and she's definitely aiming lower in terms of celebs she's willing to "dish" about. 

That weirdo interview today with the 2 women with the new travel (?) show seemed like an ad jammed into the show at the last minute. Wendy looked surprised to see them and was fumbling over the introductory cards like I can't recall seeing before with something so low-stakes. It reminded me of the terrible interviews she's had, and that have been on other shows as well, where the celeb doesn't have much to sell but ends up talking Zyrtec or Xarelto (Debra Messing and Kevin Nealon are the 2 I can think of offhand, but there are more). God are those ads are a terrible idea... And I hated the Whoopi interview too, where Wendy basically said that Whoopi is above being asked questions about the gross things she says, so the only point of that whole thing was to get an IOU from Whoopi in order to promote her boring daughter's reality show and nail polish? 

ITA about "her other ventures," and it's driving me NUTS! I feel like when she talked about her very first stand-up last year or whenever, she said it was a one-time, bucket list kind of thing that she wanted to do to prove to herself that she could try every venue including Broadway, stand-up, etc. And then it brought in the cash, and suddenly she's Joel McHale from The Soup, mentioning her next live show every week (and she is no Joel McHale). The show now feels like little more than an ad for the 'real' show where she -- I forget all of her adjectives right now -- gets down and dirty with the gossip. It's a little bit Oprah I guess, where she tries to draw in the followers to come pay for the weekend stuff or getaways. I feel awful for little Kevin being dragged around to his mom's daisy-dukes & fishnets performances, that can't be fun. She's definitely trying to seriously brand herself with the performances and her QVC line. If she's not careful, she's going to go full Bethanny Frankel and that's not going to be good for anyone.

Yea, it was as if he was really trying not to piss off Beyonce. Why write the book, then?

His line about how Matthew Knowles gave up his 6-figure job to make her dreams come true pretty much gave away that this guy sold out to someone for a percentage of the sales rather than a potential lawsuit.

• Love 2

Lol, you can tell how disappointed Wendy was with the biographer.  When he started with confirming the Rihanna lie, you could see Wendy's hopes crushing, lol.  He didn't say anything scandalous or even noteworthy.  He basically confirmed that Beyoncé is a really hard working accomplished woman who exhibits real emotions such as jealousy.  Wow the revelations there.

Also the biographer was completely off with the elevator incident.  His explanation didn't even make any sense.  Solange went ballistic on Jay-Z because he agreed with Beyoncé and did what she said.  Just admit that we will never know the actual truth. 

• Love 2

Lol, you can tell how disappointed Wendy was with the biographer. When he started with confirming the Rihanna lie, you could see Wendy's hopes crushing, lol. He didn't say anything scandalous or even noteworthy. He basically confirmed that Beyoncé is a really hard working accomplished woman who exhibits real emotions such as jealousy. Wow the revelations there.

Also the biographer was completely off with the elevator incident. His explanation didn't even make any sense. Solange went ballistic on Jay-Z because he agreed with Beyoncé and did what she said. Just admit that we will never know the actual truth.

He actually said she was not jealous of Jennifer Hudson. Even the Rihanna thing he said things were just touchy because of the rumor of an affair.

I agree I was like huh? With his explanation of the elevator fight. It made no sense at all.

Edited by imjagain

She's definitely trying to seriously brand herself with the performances and her QVC line. If she's not careful, she's going to go full Bethanny Frankel and that's not going to be good for anyone.

She's over on HSN now with a lot of other people now. I don't watch her shows on there but when I was flipping through the channels one day I saw her and had to go back to make sure I was seeing things correctly because she was on a different channel. I just looked on the site while typing up this post and noticed she's also hawking a HSN charity Christmas Ornament which is supposed to be a bear but looks like this.

oib4rAb.png?1

I just started watching the show regularly this season and it's not as entertaining as it was when I've watched it occasionally in the past. It does seem like Wendy has to much stuff going on and doesn't prepare for her actual talk show that much anymore. She now ranks up there with most of the ladies on The View being unprepared to talk about topics being mentioned at the start of their shows.

I had to catch today's Peanuts themed episode on BET tonight because the local station that airs Wendy here at 4pm supposedly had issues with the copy they received. So they aired last Friday's episode with Whoopi over again. This isn't the first time they've done something like this either. They just started a news division again in 2013 and still have pretty obvious tech issues during live news broadcasts so I guess I shouldn't be surprised stuff happens during pretaped shows too. 

• Love 1

She's over on HSN now with a lot of other people now. I don't watch her shows on there but when I was flipping through the channels one day I saw her and had to go back to make sure I was seeing things correctly because she was on a different channel. I just looked on the site while typing up this post and noticed she's also hawking a HSN charity Christmas Ornament which is supposed to be a bear but looks like this.

Sweet Fancy Moses! WTF is this thing?! It looks like Miss Piggy, right? But Miss Piggy on an episode of Botched, and with cankles that are inexplicable! It actually offends me that this is a charity ornament... and what is a charitable endeavor through HSN? Do they give a percentage of sales to something other than Wendy's pockets? No doubt children in a Chinese shop cranked those things out, Oh the humanity...

I bet any money Wendy is getting some kind of kickback for her Halloween show being ALL Peanuts related.

And the Today Show did it as well, with Matt Lauer wearing a better imitation of Lucy's dress FWIW. Maybe because it's a Paul Feig movie, everyone's on board since he's probably had some of the highest-grossing movies in the past couple of years? I'm not sure, but it's Peanuts everywhere.

I missed the theme initially because I started the show a few minutes late and just assumed she was Sexy/Slutty Snow White. Oh Wendy, You Blockhead!, Lucy wore a drop-waist, below-the-knee number of a dress. I hate it when adult women are only interested in sexy everything costumes; it's putting zero creativity into the whole endeavor and it bums me out.

Edited by meisje
  • Love 2

Oh Wendy,Wendy. Once again you show us how inept you are. Your hot topics have gone to shit since you have been back. 

Valerie Bertinelli and Kirstie Ally are affiliated and have been spokespeople with the Jenny Craig program. They never had anything to do with Weight Watchers. And none of her staff picked up on that mistake? They could have corrected her in her earpiece or something. Of course that would mean her incompetent staff would have to know she was talking out of her ass to begin with.  She is completely skating by with this show now. She needs to stop spending so much time on her comedy tour and HSN clothing line and more time on her bread and butter show before she loses it. 

• Love 7

Oh Wendy,Wendy. Once again you show us how inept you are. Your hot topics have gone to shit since you have been back.

Valerie Bertinelli and Kirstie Ally are affiliated and have been spokespeople with the Jenny Craig program. They never had anything to do with Weight Watchers. And none of her staff picked up on that mistake? They could have corrected her in her earpiece or something. Of course that would mean her incompetent staff would have to know she was talking out of her ass to begin with. She is completely skating by with this show now. She needs to stop spending so much time on her comedy tour and HSN clothing line and more time on her bread and butter show before she loses it.

LOL, that's hilarious! I didn't know either but I'm not paid to know who worked for Weight Watcher or Jenny Craig.

And how nasty and fat shaming was she towards Valerie Bertinelli. I couldn't believe she just went on and on about VB gaining weight.

So, this makes me wonder do her people make up these stories? Is there an article about Kirstie and Valerie being mad at Oprah for being the face of a place they never represented?

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 2

I think she just reads gossip sites and repeats what she reads. It's obvious that no research goes into any of her stories. She gets names, facts and everything else wrong.

At this point I look at this show as more like an unfunny sitcom that should have been cancelled years ago.

How has this show been on for ao long? It's funny to me how there seems to be only a page of comments here per season. Other talk shows get pages and pages of each episode.

I have said it before but the putting of "ation" at the ends of words is so annoying. She seems to think it's cute or funny but its so not. She called a murder a "killation" on one show. Every time she says it she always pauses before saying the next word like she's waiting for laughter.

This is my hate watch show. I hate this woman but I still watch.

Edited by Maharincess
  • Love 4

Now that I've started to watch regularly since nothing else is on at 4pm here I'm beginning to be a hate watcher too. I was disgusted at the fat shaming she directed towards Valerie. 

• Love 2

Valerie Bertinelli and Kirstie Ally are affiliated and have been spokespeople with the Jenny Craig program. They never had anything to do with Weight Watchers.

Now that I've started to watch regularly since nothing else is on at 4pm here I'm beginning to be a hate watcher too. I was disgusted at the fat shaming she directed towards Valerie.

I totally missed that! But it speaks to how long it's been since either was a paid rep. Now, everyone should feel free to go after Kirstie because she's a hapless bully who's been using/selling her own weight-loss scam for years now, but not VB. I realize Wendy's extreme diet these days has made her super judgmental about everyone else's appearance, but Valerie has looked good - and really young - for a long time now. I don't know how much her weight has fluctuated, but one thing that makes her a good choice for a spokesperson is that she seems smart, not into drama, not obsessed with her appearance, and has a well-rounded life. She looks like someone no longer under contract and who probably doesn't have a daily trainer or spend her days posting selfies, etc. I would think that would be very good for the brand! That's a better message than huge weight loss followed by grand claims followed by weight gain, and to just cycle like that for decades. Maybe Wendy wants to pick at her because Valerie appears, at least, to be a family-oriented and down-to-earth person who also loves cooking and eating; i.e., exactly what Wendy keeps telling us she is. 

And speaking of Wendy interviews... she clearly wasn't able to go with the flow with Margaret. Now, granted, that was a lot of information, but Wendy couldn't work with it at all and just got more and more visibly flustered. She does not do well with people talking about anything other than gossip and rumors. Strangely, Margaret was on Monday night's show with Stephen Colbert in the exact outfit/wig as the Wendy appearance, so I'm guessing both were taped Monday? If so, they should have taken the night to edit. Either way, it is an odd phenomenon when someone wants to be a talk show host but has no interest in following people's personal stories or doing any research. It's just a really weird choice for someone who grows bored with anything outside of NJ.

About a wk and a half ago continuing her theme of female empowerment Wendy told the inspiring story of how women have to stand up for wage equality.

She explained how when she was in radio at V103 or whatever it's called she was working late and "you know how they put all the paystubs in people's mailboxes." The audience ooh and ahhhhed and giggled. So we all knew were this one was going. But then she said you can open them with steam. So I'm to guess she took all of them home?!? Then returned them in the morning?

She concluded its important to know what everyone else is paid for equality & fairness and informed viewers to do the same. Even if you "make more than everyone else" like she did. Thanks for the story and candor Wendy! Such a give.

• Love 1

It strikes me as odd that Wendy never mentions her in-laws. I don't know anything about Kevin, so I don't know if his parents are living or not. But I still mention my dearly-departed mother-in-law in conversation. There is never a mention of visiting his family, or spending the holidays with them or Little Kevin going to visit for the summer. Nothing.

• Love 2

It used to be cool to say "hella" in CA in the 90's some people who were young adults from that era still say it

ex: Gwen Stafani in her song "Hella Good"

Maybe Wendy thinks she's being funny

I probably didn't use the right spelling to convey what it sounds like. You'd have to hear it. Maybe Helluh(abrupt stop, accent on second syllable)? Anyway she's using the pronunciation when saying hello, and generally references Adele's song when doing so. Weird.

• Love 1

I hate it too, like Hot Topics she stole the "how you doin" crap. She stole Hot Topics from The View and the other one from Friends.

All I seem to do when watching this show is yell "oh my god, you're a fucking idiot". I really, REALLY hope that nobody takes her advice seriously. That Ask Wendy segment always leaves me shocked that she's serious with her answers.

The woman is a moron. And a liar. She's repeatedly said she doesn't do social media. She's said that she never looks at her Facebook page and has her "people" run it for her. This week she said she reads everything on her Facebook page every day.

I hope she's doing right by her puppy. Having a dog like a Cane Corso is a huge responsibly. They're powerful dogs and need a lot of time, attention and training. From what she's said it doesn't sound like the dog is being properly trained and socialized. That's a disaster waiting to happen.

Edited by Maharincess
  • Love 1

Wendy on an After Show said that she feeds her dog raw chicken. I have had dogs and I wouldn't ever feed them raw chicken or any raw meat for that matter. Anyone else think that is strange?

• Love 1

Wendy on an After Show said that she feeds her dog raw chicken. I have had dogs and I wouldn't ever feed them raw chicken or any raw meat for that matter. Anyone else think that is strange?

I agree that it's strange to feed her dog raw chicken.  When my 14 year old Westie developed stomach issues and was diagnosed with Addison's Disease, I began a regimen of feeding him cooked meat (ground pork, hamburger, ground turkey) along with sweet potatoes or yams.  My Tommy ate better than my human family.  RIP Tommy.

Never would I have allowed Tommy to eat raw meat.

A lot of people feed their dogs a raw diet. It's supposed to be good for them, cooked bones are bad but raw chicken and beef bones are good for them.

I just feed my dogs dog food but I give my Border Collie frozen raw chicken wings as a treat. The vet said its fine.

Edited by Maharincess

I've never done the raw diet with my dogs but like I said, the big dog gets raw chicken pieces for a treat and when I cook beef ribs, I always give her a raw one. My vet says its really good for them.

EDIT: TreeHugger, thank you for rescuing. I have a Border Collie who is a rescue. Her sad story is in the "Everything Else" forum here in the Pet Photos thread. I'm always so happy when I hear about somebody getting a rescue pet. What breed of dog are you getting?

Edited by Maharincess
  • Love 1