Type keyword(s) to search

The Wendy Williams Show - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Lucky me, I was able to catch today's show …. only to be subjected to Wendy's "Poor Pitiful Me" story, which was the focus of THE ENTIRE SHOW. She comes out in ill-fitting black leggings and the camo jacket that was a gift from a Wendy Watcher. "Believe me you." She immediately starts with her "Eh, eh, eh, eh, eh, EH!! Eh, eh, eh, eh, EH!! I'm FULL of information!!"

Really? She had THREE topics, including Kim Porter, whom she spent all of ten seconds on. I did learn that she tapes Friday's show, which explains why she didn't mention her last week. Wendy spent many more minutes detailing her traumatic commute home last Thursday during the snowstorm. How many times did we hear, "Eight hours and two minutes!!" We learn Wendy doesn't talk in the car. She had to drive through "Nork" (Newark) through the "projects and saloons." It was six minutes in. She got home and cried. Her stomach is STILL "tight." She may need a month to get over it. Eight minutes in. GEEZ Wendy - if you are so traumatized, take the damn day off!!!!

After her BRIEF mention of Kim Porter, we get to hear about RHOA and the little beef between Shamari Devoe and Kandi. Much ado about nothing, if you ask me. Wendy is not a fan of Shamari because "the world has changed and we have to prioritize." Really? Then you will have to change your whole entire show, because you are in the business of discussing gossip and dirt, Wendy. 

It's fifteen minutes in, and we hear that Wendy HAD to get home Thursday so she could meet her handyman on Friday. "Believe what you want about Wendy, but I am more you than them."

Next up is more about the Monica and Bill affair. "I asked you to watch!!" "Eight hours and two minutes!!" "I almost had to walk the last two miles in my ballerina flats!! Good ones!!" Then, an odd rant about calling Trump "President" and not "Mr. Trump." And the comment about banging on the desk. Monica and Bill had a real relationship, y'all. 

Devyn Simone comes on th dish about Mel B's new tell-all book. Wendy's advice: "Don't relinquish your pow-errrrrr-ah." Also, "eight hours, two minutes." OMG SHUT UP!!!!

Must Have Accessories - stirrups pants and python prints. Also, we should all start hugging our handbags. 

She really should have stayed home. Let Norman have a shot. Could not be any worse.

• Love 10

Wendy was miserable as hell. I  always thought big Kevin was with her at work all week hmmm. 

The bit about not caring to get to know the new Atlanta Housewife because life has changed and we need to prioritize 🤣🤣

Then rambling on about Monica and Bill 😂 wtf. I also laughed when she said I asked you to watch. Lol, nobody cares about Monica and Bill anymore ( come on wendy, as you just told us life has changed. It's 2018, look around what's going on.)  Well some do but...nevermind😏 

Mel B is a mess.

• Love 6

She didn't mention Kim Porter's death because Friday's show is taped on Thursday.  So much for "hot" topics. That's why Friday's show was so stale and full of Wendy's life dragged out to fill the time.  Judge Wendy is also a time filler.  

5 hours ago, Maire said:

I couldn't believe she was complaining like this. It was a terrible night for drivers and commuters. Everyone on the roads was suffering but not everyone was  warm and dry with a fully charged phone  in a chauffeured towne car. She has really lost touch with reality and with her audience.

Wendy wanted to let us know the big Kev was at her house and he wanted to see her!  Suprise or a white lie?  

What about the people who had to drive themselves and/or who were running out of gas because it took an hour before the next exit?  Yes very out of touch. 

I am starting to think that Wendy is paid to talk about the Housewife shows, Tiny and Ti, and a few more rachet shows that I have never watched.  Maybe she was paid to promote the Clinton A&E show.  All the money would be undercover, maybe going to Big Kev who can make her talk about certain topics.  The reality show "hot topics" are very boring to me so I get to walk out of the room a lot every show.

5 hours ago, Jeanius said:

Lucky me, I was able to catch today's show …. only to be subjected to Wendy's "Poor Pitiful Me" story, which was the focus of THE ENTIRE SHOW. She comes out in ill-fitting black leggings and the camo jacket that was a gift from a Wendy Watcher. "Believe me you." She immediately starts with her "Eh, eh, eh, eh, eh, EH!! Eh, eh, eh, eh, EH!! I'm FULL of information!!"

Really? She had THREE topics, including Kim Porter, whom she spent all of ten seconds on. I did learn that she tapes Friday's show, which explains why she didn't mention her last week. Wendy spent many more minutes detailing her traumatic commute home last Thursday during the snowstorm. How many times did we hear, "Eight hours and two minutes!!" We learn Wendy doesn't talk in the car. She had to drive through "Nork" (Newark) through the "projects and saloons." It was six minutes in. She got home and cried. Her stomach is STILL "tight." She may need a month to get over it. Eight minutes in. GEEZ Wendy - if you are so traumatized, take the damn day off!!!!

After her BRIEF mention of Kim Porter, we get to hear about RHOA and the little beef between Shamari Devoe and Kandi. Much ado about nothing, if you ask me. Wendy is not a fan of Shamari because "the world has changed and we have to prioritize." Really? Then you will have to change your whole entire show, because you are in the business of discussing gossip and dirt, Wendy. 

It's fifteen minutes in, and we hear that Wendy HAD to get home Thursday so she could meet her handyman on Friday. "Believe what you want about Wendy, but I am more you than them."

Next up is more about the Monica and Bill affair. "I asked you to watch!!" "Eight hours and two minutes!!" "I almost had to walk the last two miles in my ballerina flats!! Good ones!!" Then, an odd rant about calling Trump "President" and not "Mr. Trump." And the comment about banging on the desk. Monica and Bill had a real relationship, y'all. 

Devyn Simone comes on th dish about Mel B's new tell-all book. Wendy's advice: "Don't relinquish your pow-errrrrr-ah." Also, "eight hours, two minutes." OMG SHUT UP!!!!

Must Have Accessories - stirrups pants and python prints. Also, we should all start hugging our handbags. 

She really should have stayed home. Let Norman have a shot. Could not be any worse.

I think she is abused like Mel B.  Her husband was at home when she was working a double.  Maybe he was negotiating more Gold Bond promotions. 

Wendy says the same thing over and over.  She can't get stirrup pants because her legs are "this" long.  The audience model wearing the stirrup pant towered over Wendy.  Clearly, they had her length in the pant but she is too addled to notice and just says what she always tells us about her legs.

Toni Braxton probably had to go in the show to keep Wendy promoting the family show.  Who watches that?

• Love 5
On 11/16/2018 at 5:04 PM, TVbitch said:

Exactly. Wendy is not really on anyone's side. Even with people she claims to like or root for or be on their "team," she always throws passive aggressive shade and slams in the background. 

I think all Wendy's talk about "who'd you rather?" or "would you do her?" or "what's going on below his waist?" or "being moist" or insisting she was out "dipping it and doing it" is her trying to convince us she is still a sexy party girl when we all know she is in bed, alone, by 10 with her snacks.  

I'll bet the first thing WW does when she walks into her house is tear her wig off and wash her face! Lol.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

I'll bet the first thing WW does when she walks into her house is tear her wig off and wash her face! Lol.

Does Wendy and her staff even bother to fact check anymore?  Often Norman will chime in and correct her but not today when she made a couple of easily verifiable statements.  She went back and forth on Kim Porter's age and settling on 46, which was wrong by one year.  She was 47.  That is not a huge deal, but it's been all over the news giving the correct age.  The biggest fake fact she gave was saying that Kandi Burruss wrote Blaque's song "808".  She stated Kandi was a writing beast.  However R. Kelly actually wrote the song.  I'm just amazed at how many false statements she continues to say during hot topics.  

• Love 5
19 hours ago, Jeanius said:

Edited by Angelsmom1009
Pressed save too soon
22 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

She is so self-centered, she was in a warm car and had somebody driving her home. She was not in any immediate danger and she got home safely. 

To be fair, Wendy was in immediate danger of the driver, a commoner, daring to speak to her. 

I could not believe when she went all activist, shouting down the city government and calling out public officials to DO THEIR JOB! Really, you say your show is never political, but this is where you are gonna take a stand?! A snowstorm traffic jam?! Oh wait. right, you were inconvenienced, so yeah.  

• Love 9

Today Wendy informs us that going forward there is going to be A LOT more Judge Wendy, and also more Ask Wendy, and more hot topics panel. In other words, they officially cannot book any guests. Even today's guest, Mario Cantone, actually said... "Thanks for getting me off the couch." He actually was way more entertaining then Wendy. 

Edited by TVbitch
  • Love 9

She should do the show with him. Sadly she’d get jealous of all the attention that he’d get before being given the boot. He was the best part of the show. I don’t need Judge Wendy. I also don’t blame guests for not wanting to come onto her show. She usually can’t get names of facts correct. She does more damage to their image than boosting whatever they’re promoting. Very sad spiral Wendy. You are losing more of us with each passing day. 

• Love 6
21 minutes ago, TVbitch said:

Today Wendy informs us that going forward there is going to be A LOT more Judge Wendy, and also more Ask Wendy, and more hot topics panel. In other words, they officially cannot book any guests

I was surprised when she said that. I think this is clue #1 that the show isn't doing well. I wonder what the ratings are this season...

• Love 7
10 hours ago, TVbitch said:

Today Wendy informs us that going forward there is going to be A LOT more Judge Wendy, and also more Ask Wendy, and more hot topics

To me, Judge Wendy & Ask Wendy are the same thing...it's her opinion/solution to personal drama. I like the Judge bit, but I'd rather hear/see more hot topics and less (or none at all) Ask Wendy, which is just fast-forward material as far as I'm concerned.

• Love 4

Wendy started today's show with more ugly crying about her 8 hour commute last week, though she did mention  that there are others who have it much worse.  Sounds like she got some backlash for droning on about her chauffeured ride home.   HT dragged on with much forgettable "gossip", then we get Wendy staring at the camera as she waited for the teleprompter to show her the next story and having Norman fill in the blanks/correct her mistakes.

I seriously think that it's time for Wendy to get her meds checked again.  In the last month(s), she has been reverting to the patterns she showed back when her Graves got really bad.  Her pauses are getting longer, she's crying about twice a week, she's screwing up names and forgetting details.  The worse thing is that all of the people who work with her must see what's happening but don't step up and advise her that things are looking shaky... again.

Edited by patty1h
  • Love 10

@sheetmoss  Wendy has done this kind of 'subliminal advertising' before.  Last year, she mentioned using the Amopee foot device and then a commercial for the product ran during the show.  Same thing for Gold Bond - used the stuff on camera and then a commercial for it ran during a break.   I guess some sponsors like "live" ads and also promote their stuff the usual way. 

Wendy is not above being a shill for the $$$.  Just earlier this week, she explained how she was okay with Nick Jonas getting paid for promoting products during his bachelor party.

ADDED:  I went to the WW Youtube channel and 80% of the comments there are negative (and hilarious) from "fans" who are not pleased with Aunt Wendy.  They sure don't mince words on how she's been letting them down recently with her condescending snow commute story, lackluster HT and general ratchetness.  It's the clip titled "Shamari DeVoe's RHOA Debut".

Edited by patty1h
  • Love 6

OH FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!! Wendy in fucking TEARS days later about "all she went through" during her 8 hour commute. Is she really that delicate? Didn't she basically just have to sit there? Okay look, one time I was driving back from our cabin and half way home there was a fatal wreck. They made the entire freeway of cars turn around and re-routed us to this one-lane, super winding, trecherous side-of-a-mountain state route to get back to the city. It was 10 hours for the usual 2 hour trip. I was driving, I was starving, I was alone, I did not have my night glasses with me, and I had to pee! There was nowhere to pull off on the winding mountain road, so I had to get my pants down, push myself up with one leg while still operating the break and gas with the other, and pee into a plastic solo cup while driving in stop and go traffic. ...so don't talk to me about being stuck in the back of a towncar, bitch!!  :) 

I mean, I know it is frustrating, but Jesus God already. 

• Love 10
On 11/19/2018 at 6:06 PM, Kira53 said:

Wendy says the same thing over and over.  She can't get stirrup pants because her legs are "this" long.  The audience model wearing the stirrup pant towered over Wendy.  Clearly, they had her length in the pant but she is too addled to notice and just says what she always tells us about her legs.

I don't have 40" long legs but you can best believe I will never, EVER pruchase a pair of stirrup pants.  Talk about a long-past trend that needs to stay dead and buried.

On 11/20/2018 at 7:59 AM, Angelsmom1009 said:

Why couldn’t your husband meet the handyman, Wendy? Was he having a snow day in Morristown?

Hello!  Exactly what I thought when she was explaining why she didn't stay in the city during that storm.  "I had a list of repairs, had to meet the handyman on Friday, blah, blah, blah."  First, I was thinking, why doesn't Kev fix her repairs?  I know all men aren't super handy but most will try to fix something for the sake of their egos.  But even if he isn't the Fix-it-Felix type of husband, he can't let the handyman in?  Hmmmmmmm.  I think she caught herself in her lie with that too because she started rambling about how Kev offered to meet her car and bring her boots and she would just walk the last mile or so home.  "Sure, Jan." (In my best Marcia Brady voice)

• Love 12
1 hour ago, TVbitch said:

OH FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!! Wendy in fucking TEARS days later about "all she went through" during her 8 hour commute. Is she really that delicate? Didn't she basically just have to sit there? Okay look, one time I was driving back from our cabin and half way home there was a fatal wreck. They made the entire freeway of cars turn around and re-routed us to this one-lane, super winding, trecherous side-of-a-mountain state route to get back to the city. It was 10 hours for the usual 2 hour trip. I was driving, I was starving, I was alone, I did not have my night glasses with me, and I had to pee! There was nowhere to pull off on the winding mountain road, so I had to get my pants down, push myself up with one leg while still operating the break and gas with the other, and pee into a plastic solo cup while driving in stop and go traffic. ...so don't talk to me about being stuck in the back of a towncar, bitch!!  :) 

What the hell was wrong with her?  I don't even get why she's rambling about teen pregnancy and dealers or whatever she's talking about. She's unhinged. Wendy wouldn't have lasted in your situation. 

Edited by Coffeewinewater
  • Love 6
On 11/19/2018 at 8:02 AM, Mindthinkr said:

Can you imagine what her coffee table looks like? Full of QTips (some used), cough drops, Kleenex and of course Gold Bond Cream lest she get dry. Does she keep a waste basket next to her. This must all be so romantic to Big Kevin. Slurp, cough, belch...come kiss me Baby. No wonder he goes to Morristown. There is nothing at home to get him in the mood. Caftans and Turbans...so sexy. This show probably isn’t the only place she needs to up her game. 

Bwahahaha!!!  This is so spot on!

1 hour ago, TVbitch said:

I mean... today was next level!!  She opened the show talking about the troubles of the world and started crying!  I personally am tired of Wendy crying.  She starts weeping, and then she's chastising the audience when they are all 'awwwww' like she's too proud to accept their sympathy.  Pull it together!

Don't even get me started on the burping.  The throat clearing was gross enough, but she's graduated to full on belching.  Will she be farting a la Whoopi soon?  

• Love 7
15 hours ago, SuburbanHangSuite said:

I don't have 40" long legs but you can best believe I will never, EVER pruchase a pair of stirrup pants.

She may have 40" legs but they are ugly legs. 

15 hours ago, TVbitch said:

OH FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!! Wendy in fucking TEARS days later about "all she went through" during her 8 hour commute. Is she really that delicate?

Apparently so. Miss Wendy is losing control of her emotions again. Are we headed for meltdown #2? 

Did you notice how she made a point to tell us through her Qtip tears that when she finally made it home from "snowgate" Kev had fried shrimp waiting for her? Yes, Wendy, Kev is such a great guy. Yet, she had to be home to meet the handyman! She is losing track of her lies. 

Wendy sure was pissed off at the teleprompter mishaps. Heads are gonna roll! Who ever was in charge of that royally screwed up but I had to laugh at Wendy saying she doesn't really need the teleprompter, she just uses it as an assist. Sure, Wendy. FFS, just admit you need it! I think must hosts and news anchors use one. She was lost without it! Once again Norman had to bail her unprepared ass out. That guy is a godsend, I hope he gets a nice raise. 

• Love 6

https://www.crazydaysandnights.net/2018/11/blind-item-1_21.html

I posted this in another Wendy thread, but wanted to make sure that y’all saw it. Any guesses to what her habit of choice is? It would explain her erratic behavior and memory issues. NJ has medicinal marijuana. Not that she’d need a rehab for that, but combined with something else, like opioids, it might be making her loopy. 

Edited by Mindthinkr
  • Love 5

It was not a repeat today, but I've already forgotten everything she talked about in Hot Topics! I do remember that the celebrity chef that was on commented on how Wendy is her most difficult host to cook for and also about Wendy's peculiar eating habits during her cooking demonstrations.

Then Wendy sprays the whip cream right into her mouth. Not buy it, Wendy. That's like when a super skinny supermodel is "caught" by photographers eating a cheeseburger or candy bar. It's apparent she is not eating much these days.  

• Love 3

I was going to quote a post that talked about Wendy dissing Kim Porter during her radio days, but it's not there anymore.  Anyway, I was spared from what had become the rage-inducing experience of watching Wendy when her show switched channels and moved to the morning earlier this year.  I could possibly record it, but not when I usually ended up yelling at the TV to correct Wendy or because of her views.  Even when I could still take her, I usually only watched Hot Topics, but one guest I do remember watching was Kim's son Quincy, who was promoting Star sometime last year.  That must have been very difficult and awkward for him given the way she had talked about Kim, but I'm sure he was told he had to promote the show.  He was more gracious than I would have been.  I can't remember if Wendy talked about Kim, but she spent most of the interview grilling him about his relationships with Diddy and Al B. Sure.  They can't have discussed the show too much since Wendy was still getting the title wrong long after that (calling it "Stars").  No wonder no one wants to come on her show anymore.  I can't believe I once liked her enough (at least HT) that I would watch them on her website every time I was out and missed a day!

• Love 5

Wendy was back live today and nothing much stood out.  After HT, there was a guy who did a rundown of current/upcoming books, movies, TV shows, music.  Some of the things mentioned was Michelle Obama's book, Mariah Carey's new music, the upcoming miniseries "Dirty John".  Then an interview with actor Nico Tortorella from "Younger", who wrote a book of erotic poetry.  Muted the whole thing.  The show ended with a segment with some beauty expert presenting various products (hair color, face mask, makeup remover).  Whatever.

The thing that stood out to me is how raunchy Wendy has been getting.  One of the HT topics was the Monica/Clinton docu.   After asking who watched, and letting us know that Wendy watched it on Thanksgiving day, she showed a few clips.  One clip was Monica telling how she wore the infamous blue dress after her tryst with Bill, not even realizing that it had a stain, and that no one else seemed to see it and give her a heads up.  Wendy took it to the gutter when she said "Bill must have been pulling up his pants and accidentally hit the dress with the wet tip".   The audience gasped, and there was some scandalized laughter while Wendy laughed.  Half of me says "we're all adults" but the other half of me says "yuck - too early" as I was eating breakfast while watching.  The only other talk show host I can see getting away with that statement is Howard Stern.  Wendy, you are no Howard Stern.

Edited by patty1h
  • Love 5
57 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

Wendy was preempted by football again today (her show comes on at 3 pm). Sounds like I didn’t miss a thing. 

Lucky for you. And her "new" segment "Judge Wendy" is so lame and stupid. Is this the best WW can come up with to give us entertainment? She has the stink of desperation on her and her show has the stink of death. 

• Love 8

Sheesh, what the hell was up with Wendy this week.  Like others have said she was beyond "off".  First we were subjected to her week long rant about her eight hour chauffeured ride home during a snow storm. First off, there is no doubt in my mind as OCD as Wendy claims to be that she had no clue how long it was going to take her to get home that night.  She may not have known it was going to be eight hours but she certainly must have known that a) it was the middle of a storm, B) it would of at least taken several hours for her to get home.  Then when she brings up the incredible sensible solution others must have mentioned to her that why didn't she just get a hotel room in the city. She gave us this ridiculous excuse about needing to be there for the handyman in the morning.

First off, the actual intelligent thing for a millionaire such as herself would of been for her to get a hotel room at the closest place and gotten up early in the morning and drove home and met the handyman at his arrival time. Traffic would of been considerably better at 8:30am or 9am the next morning.  We clearly know that Kevin either wasn't home or if he actually was that she certainly doesn't trust him to deal with the handyman until she gets there in the morning.  Hell, if Kevin was home wouldn't it have made way more sense for him to join his wife in the city at a hotel since he would be travelling in the opposite direction of traffic?  Notice in her week long rant she never once mentioned any difficulty of anyone else on her staff.  She never mentioned if anyone else (Suzanne, Brendan, Norman) either had any trouble or a mention that they made it home that night safe and sound.  All about Wendy.  Nothing about the school children stuck on busses, people or families driving themselves and the fear that you may run out of gas while stuck on the roads before making it home.  She ranted for multiple episodes and not once mentioned anyone else.

Regarding Kim Porter; what the hell was up Wendy's ass regarding Kim's death.  I actually thought she would be the one person to give Kim a decent send off.  Instead she spoke about Kim like she was trash beneath her shoes.  She barely mentioned her kids, one of whom she has had as a guest on her show, in which she spent most of Quincy's segment talking about Kim and Puffy.  Not only as another human being but you would think as a fellow mom she would of mentioned Kim leaving behind her young twin daughters.  How they are going to face life losing their mom at such a young age.  Apparently Wendy and Puffy have buried the hatchet since her radio days, but even that wasn't enough for her to say something remotely kind about/to him about losing Kim.  Then she had the nerve to list Kim's credits as if she was throwing shade.  Everyone in hip hop knew who Kim was and by all accounts regard her as a very lovely kind woman.  Hell, if she had nothing significant or kind to say she could of talked about the details surrounding her death.  How her best friend Kimora Lee Simmons damn near almost broke Kim's door down when she hadn't heard from Kim, who by that point had already died in bed.  INCREDIBLY SHAMEFULL!!!!!!

Did anyone catch Wendy's slight "admission" during the end of last week.  When she was going on and on about how this year has been troubling for her and her family and that we the audience don't know the half of it.  She then turned in her chair and scrunched her face which is usually Wendy code for "read between the lines", "catch the shade I'm throwing". That is probably the best we will ever get from Wendy regarding the issues in her marriage.

As others have mentioned, this week was a big reminder to when she was really having problems last year and it was showing up on camera.  Don't know if she needs an adjustment on her meds or if she really needs to start speaking to someone, but whatever is going on hopefully she addresses it.

• Love 7

HT was the usual hot mess, with Wendy mixing up the details of Future and his baby mamas with rapper Fetty Wap.  Then she told a story about a man who found $7M in a storage locker that he won at auction, which turned into us finding out that Wendy doesn't like the whole idea of anyone using those facilities for their extra items. Then came a strange tangent about the movie "Some Like It Hot", with Wendy being tickled by male actors in women's clothing and then subtly implying that maybe the actors were too comfortable in ladies attire.  Why the shade at two great actors who aren't even with us anymore.   More long pauses and word slips.

Also during HT, Wendy show a clip of a segment she did for her aftershow show, where she's in a car asking questions of a celeb (Big Freeda).  It hit me that this is such a ripoff of several other shows; James Corden and Jerry Seinfeld are doing similar stunts – driving around while talking.   I think even Jay Leno did this.   Between this and the tired Judge Wendy, it's time for some fresh ideas.

Michael Yo came on for another gossip segment and I braced myself for him and Wendy to start sniping at each other like they usually do, but they were actually pleasant to each other today. The rest of the show was the usual blur of trendy overpriced garbage and inane audience questions.

• Love 9

Wendy was discussing the RHOC reunion and mentioned that Vicki is a friend (in her head). Did she not see the show where Vicki went after Kelly Dodd accusing her of using cocaine...because she thought Kelly insulted her? Wendy, you don’t need a girlfriend who hits below the belt. It’s obvious that she’s sheltered in her home. She doesn’t understand that a good girlfriend supports you and lifts you up. 

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

Wendy was discussing the RHOC reunion and mentioned that Vicki is a friend (in her head). Did she not see the show where Vicki went after Kelly Dodd accusing her of using cocaine...because she thought Kelly insulted her? Wendy, you don’t need a girlfriend who hits below the belt. It’s obvious that she’s sheltered in her home. She doesn’t understand that a good girlfriend supports you and lifts you up. 

I don't think she watched closely.  She says she goes back and forth between shows.  Of course Vicki is her friend in her head. Have watched Wendy talk about her friends . If she's not acting like they annoy her. She Never seems happy to spend time with them."I don't have time to sit with them all day"  She also talks about being a jealous friend. Very Vicki.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, patty1h said:

Then she told a story about a man who found $7M in a storage locker that he won at auction, which turned into us finding out that Wendy doesn't like the whole idea of anyone using those facilities for their extra items.

She totally botched that story.  It was already all over Yahoo "news" and it was in a safe, not a duffel bag.  Of course she said she'd keep it all.  I think I would question why someone has that kind of money in a storage unit and how they came to have it.  Rather than lose my life, I think I'd take the settlement, OR SAY NOTHING and just pay off the guy who cracked the safe.  Maybe I've seen too many true crime movies/shows where the crime boss tries to get their money back and will take out anyone in the way to get it.  

These shopping segments only make me mad because it just shows how much mark up is on crap.  It's been a while since the studio audience has gone home with all the stuff featured.  They've only gotten lotion and cook books.  Maybe she's saving the big ones for the holiday giveaways.

• Love 6

The studio audience was weirdly silent during HT today. They rarely clapped or yelled out to her or made their usual "I agree with Wendy" noises. It made all the pauses where she is trying to read the prompter even more awkward. And then she'd finish a story and there would be no reaction, so she'd just start into something else. Maybe the 3 people that usually stand there and frantically gesture at the audience to respond have the flu. 

Oh, and her weekend was great, y'all. She "came in and went out and came in and went out." Wow, scintillating. So did I, and that was just taking the trash to the bin. 

Edited by TVbitch
  • Love 10
4 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

I think underneath all the persona Wendy is a lonely woman. Her saying “I don’t have time to sit with them all day” might be a defense mechanism

I agree. When she was talking last Friday about what she did for Thanksgiving she said she and Big Kev were alone, had fried shrimp, mashed potatoes and cabbage. Didn't she just tell us she had fried shrimp when she got home from the 8 hour snow drive? Anyway, I was thinking what a depressing day that must have been. She has a mother, father, son, sister, neice, and a brother (who for some reason she won't talk about). Where was her family? Last year she talked about how the 3 of them stood at the kitchen counter and ate vegetarian food, because she likes to stand and eat at the counter. She doesn't like Thanksgiving food. She doesn't like Halloween either. Does she like Christmas? I wonder if Big K left after that delicious dinner and spent the rest of the evening at the side pieces home. Ahhhhh, the busy double life of a cheater. 

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 8

Today's hot topics Wendy is talking about Amanda Bynes past drug use. According to Wendy, Amanda was addicted to "molly" and ecstasy. 

Isn't "molly" the slang term for ecstasy? So essentially, Wendy was telling us that Amanda was addicted to ecstasy and ecstasy. 

Edited by chenoa333
  • Love 6

@chenoa333, my drug knowledge is limited but I was thinking the same thing - pretty sure it's the same drug.

Why is Wendy gloating so much about Alicia Silverstone's husband having those rules put on him - that if he is with a woman for more than 5 months he forfeits any spousal support.  Number one, this rule sounds ridiculous and made up - there's a rule about what I can do with my social/love life after divorce?  Also, Wendy took a lot of enjoyment from the thought that AS would have this tight hold over her ex.  She had the same opinion of Toni Braxton's ex getting support from her.  (Did ya'll notice that when Wendy started telling the story about Toni and her ex, she left Toni's name out and made it seem like Jada Pinkett Smith was paying support to an ex?)   I still side-eye Wendy because she always pouts when a male gets money from a woman, but she almost always gives women a free pass when they're on the receiving end.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, patty1h said:

@chenoa333, my drug knowledge is limited but I was thinking the same thing - pretty sure it's the same drug.

Why is Wendy gloating so much about Alicia Silverstone's husband having those rules put on him - that if he is with a woman for more than 5 months he forfeits any spousal support.  Number one, this rule sounds ridiculous and made up - there's a rule about what I can do with my social/love life after divorce?  Also, Wendy took a lot of enjoyment from the thought that AS would have this tight hold over her ex.  She had the same opinion of Toni Braxton's ex getting support from her.  (Did ya'll notice that when Wendy started telling the story about Toni and her ex, she left Toni's name out and made it seem like Jada Pinkett Smith was paying support to an ex?)   I still side-eye Wendy because she always pouts when a male gets money from a woman, but she almost always gives women a free pass when they're on the receiving end.

She also advocates women to have a baby to make sure they get a fat check for child support. Wendy gets worst and worst. Big Kev is really bringing her down. What did she expect from a man that cheated on her when she was on bed rest due to a high risk pregnancy with their son. 

• Love 5
10 hours ago, patty1h said:

Actually the rule that is in Alicia's (also want to mention that fact that Wendy still mispronounces her name) divorce settlement is actually becoming more and more common.  Because alimony is given until the receiving spouse remarries a lot of people would just chose to live with their new significant other while still collecting alimony even though they have technically moved on and are benefitting from a whole new income.

A lot of pre-nups and divorce settlements are now including that rule so people can't continue to use the loophole of "we aren't married, just living together".

• Love 7
2 hours ago, SuburbanHangSuite said:

I feel like I need a nap after that Donna Brazile "interview."  She was exhasuting.  Funny how Wendy was trying to rein her in and she was not having it. And I could've really done without her weird sexual banter but major props to whoever was responsible for her makeover.  

I just don't understand why Donna Brazile thinks WW is so intelligent and should run for some position in government/politics. 

I don't think Wendy is uneducated or stupid but she's never come across, to me, as someone politically savvy. (Much like myself. Lol!)

• Love 6
3 hours ago, SuburbanHangSuite said:

I feel like I need a nap after that Donna Brazile "interview."  She was exhasuting.  Funny how Wendy was trying to rein her in and she was not having it. And I could've really done without her weird sexual banter but major props to whoever was responsible for her makeover.  

"Weird sexual banter"! What did Donna say?

• Love 1

I only watched HT. Wendy is fine with Rihanna being friends with Chris Brown cuz they met the main criteria for that to work which is extensive counseling and mediation... hahaha. I keed! No. She said it was okay because even though he busted up her face real good, it healed well and she's still pretty. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, rcc said:

"Weird sexual banter"! What did Donna say?

Ugh...it was weird.  She started talking about playing Luther Vandross and laying on the bed with your back up and your thighs tight or some such shit but she was kind of acting it out too.  Then Wendy asked if she had a man and she's like, "Who says it has to be a man?"

It really can't be described--let me see if I can find a clip.  But she was acting like someone's turnt-up auntie at at BBQ rather than a political pundit who lectures at Georgetown & Harvard.

ETA:  Here it is!  Ready yourself for the cringe.

Edited by SuburbanHangSuite
spelling
  • Love 10
1 minute ago, SuburbanHangSuite said:

Ugh...it was weird.  She started talking about playing Luther Vandross and laying on the bed with your back up and your thighs tight or some such shit but she was kind of acting it out too.  Then Wendy asked if she had a man and she's like, "Who says it has to be a man?"

It really can't be described--let me see if I can find a clip.  But she's was acting like someone's turnt-up auntie at at BBQ rather than a political pundit who lectures at Georgetown & Harvard.

Thanks for the response. Donna is sexually ambiguous as reported on her wiki page. Gay probably. I looked on youtube for a clip. Not there. Donna usually is on the ABC Sunday morning political show with George S. and she is smart. Too bad she felt the need to go on Wendy's show.

• Love 3
15 minutes ago, SuburbanHangSuite said:

^^^. I edited my response to add the clip.  Check it out.  I'll wait.  LOL

Wow! She really wanted to sell that book. Weird and makes you cringe. You got that right.

• Love 4

Yeesh, those were some tacky sneakers Wendy was wearing today (Donna Brazile was the guest).  I had no idea that these are from Gucci ($1500!) until I read it on another site.  I would have thought they were from Kanye they were so ugly.  I only got a quick glance at them but it looked like she was wearing them w/o laces, which is a "style" started by prisoners because the laces were confiscated and the practice became an urban look.  Oh, Wendy, you're so hip!

• Love 3