Type keyword(s) to search

The Wendy Williams Show - General Discussion

• Start Topic

When discussing that RHOA's new clothing line, Wendy talked about the 'joggers' the woman is selling.   To me, joggers are sneakers but the photo showed a pair of pants.  The pants were similar to harem pants - loose in the seat and legs. Realizing that I may be behind the latest fashion news, I looked up 'joggers' and found photos of pants similar to everyday sweatpants - they didn't look like those She by Sheree pants.  Do y'all think Wendy meant to say "jodhpurs" (which are the pants usually worn by equestrians)?  If she did, there's just another Wendy slip.

Notice that she doesn't push her clothing line and stopped those out-of-nowhere product placements (air freshener, foot scraper)?  Also, remember when she was pushing those tacky emojis last year?  All of that has stopped and I'm a little curious why - was it a corporate decision/some of the higher ups got annoyed at Wendy using their time to sell her personal merch.  Hope I didn't jinx things and she starts shilling again next week!

Edited by patty1h
  • Love 5

I watched Wendy all the time and really enjoyed her show.  But I started noticing changes in her and the show’s format last year that I didn’t like.  I decided to give 

this season another chance hoping we’d see the old Wendy.  Unfortunately it hasn’t happened.  Hot Topics?  Not so hot just a revisit to old news and or rap artists.  Sometimes the way she talks to us and her continuous put downs make me uncomfortable.  I stopped watching several weeks ago but come here to see if anything is new and enjoy your comments. And now get recaps from Jeanious.  Thank you.

Edited by oceanbrz312
Spellin
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, Jeanius said:

Here goes! Today on Wendy, she comes out in a grey top - kind of a cropped tee-shirt, pretty casual, and to help keep her legs warm, a long skirt fashioned from thermal blanket material that has been glittered up for the strip club crowd. 

Wendy polls the audience to see who has bought a lottery ticket for Mega Millions. She gets the amount wrong, after stumbling around she says 9,700,000 - uh no. Doesn't matter, because Wendy isn't the type to buy lottery tickets "Oh, No, no, no, no, no!!!!!" - she made a stinky pew pew face, like Who Does That. Anyway, if she DID win, she would still come in to work, since she loves her job so much, you know. Seems like she may have had some blow back after her bitching and moaning the other day about how cold she was and how she wanted to go home. She has snapped to lately, or I am over analyzing, like I am prone to do. Oh, if she won, she would buy the place owned by B. Smith and her husband Dan Gasby. She ends the bit by telling the staff NOT to leave her any, she's NOT playing. She sneers. She's above it, y'all.

She mentions that the Melania look-alike in T.I.'s video has been getting death and other threats. Wendy notes the resemblance to Aubrey O'Day and how "packed" the gal's face looks. Titter.

She talks a bunch about T.I. and Tiny, and their new show with Friends and Family. A lot of talk about Toya's daughter dating some guy Lucci - I listened, but this old lady didn't retain all of the pertinent details. A rapper with four kids, too old for the young lady, who has been spoiled her whole life, so what do they expect? says Wendy. I dunno. 

Next up Kris Humphries. Wendy gets to zing a bit, letting the audience titter about his new occupation - Real Estate Agent - and current location - Minnesota, before defending him and admiring him for stepping out of the spotlight. It was funny to see the picture of him and Kim? back when Kim looked …  different. 

Wendy received an award, and learned that her boobies are okay, and here to stay - mammogram good. She harangues us about getting one … she was annoying about the whole thing, but her message is important, so I am neutral about that.

"----- BIG SIGH -------" Story about Lil Kim, Mr. Papers, and baby Royal. It sounds like a mess. Sigh it is. Lil Kim looks just like Latoya Jackson (she does - that nose!!! … sorry)

AND her "I don't care" story - her staff made her mention it - Sheree having trouble with her She by Sheree line joggers, which I thought were kinda ugly, but Wendy liked - seems that was a pretty big endorsement by Wendy. I am surprised that she is launching her clothing line again, but if she did, to not have product to actually sell? How dreadful!! Well, Wendy don't care.

She leads into a story about Judy Blume's novel being made into a movie by reciting the "We must increase our bust!!" playground rhyme I swear I knew well before the Judy Blume books were around. Anyway, I concede that the book made it more popular. Wendy was very emotional about the book, and wants to go see the movie. Are You There, God? It's Me, Margaret is the book/movie.

Busy Phillips was the guest. Wendy ruined the interview by interrupting often about Being her friend/Not being her friend in her head, SHOE CAM!! OH MY GOD YOUR NAILS!! In her head, out of her head, Michelle Williams was married to Heath Ledger, no she wasn't, then she REMARRIED (um, no) …. Busy got more and more nervous as it went on …. I started to get antsy and had to go have a lay-down. 

I will give her a couple points for giving decent enough advice during her Ask Wendy segments. She is often rude to certain folks, but she doesn't give awful advice. Anyone who would ask her probably "knows" Wendy. You cannot complain if you actually have to ask Wendy Williams for important life advice.

Have a good weekend, folks!!

And she mentioned that she also loved Blubber because she could relate to the overweight girl. I'm glad she didn't deliver another monologue about how tortured she was by her thin parents for being "fluffy". Love your recaps and a happy weekend to you too, JEANIUS! :)

Pssst, Wendy! Something tells me Busy Phillips doesn't care about being a friend in your head or real life. She's sitting through a painful "interview" with you to promote a book and a talk show. That is all.

I'm surprised Wendy hasn't said anything about Jeannie Mai's divorce drama. Knowing her she'll wait until it's a week or two old before serving cold tea.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, patty1h said:

This will make sense when you see the show later today...   ASHANTI!  ASHANTI!  ASHANTI!  ASHANTI!

Exactly!! I couldn't tell if she was shading Ashanti, was just being funny (after the third? time) or she is having trouble focusing. Or was so thrown by Cassie sending flowers!! What happened was Wendy shared that Cassie Ventura sent her flowers - lovely roses - and a funny note saying she had to get her three year old nephew to use his credit card to buy them - shading Wendy for implying she didn't know how to handle things like insurance, mortgages, etc. Wendy thought it was funny. Her next item was about the trouble Ashanti had selling a concert at Stony Brook University, and the event being cancelled after only 24 tickets sold. Wendy called Ashanti "Cassie" three times in the story!! Didn't faze her - she kept marching on. 

Wendy came out in beige today, her skirt matching the coffee I hastily poured before the show started. When she twirled those blouse strip things, I got a flash of tittie tassels in my head. Thankfully she stopped right away. It's Monday, y'all. My head hurts, and I'm taking notes on the Wendy Williams Show. 

She started out with some good drama surrounding the Super Bowl half-time show. Rihanna said that she refused to do the show because of the way the NFL has treated Colin Kaepernick. After Maroon 5 agreed to do the show, Amy Schumer came out and is trying to shame Maroon 5 into dropping out as well, to show solidarity. Wendy argued that Maroon 5 should ignore Amy, as they may have their own reasons for doing the show - military, exposure, etc. I didn't know that they weren't paid to do the show. I guess I learned something. 

Wendy turns down Reality TV lane, with the next few items dealing with the likes of Camille Grammer, Lisa Vanderpump, Kenya Moore, and the Jersey Shore's Ronnie. I will admit to once being Bravo's bitch and a lover of MTV and VH1's trashy good nonsense, but I have not kept up of late, and that ship has passed for me. Also, I don't have cable anymore, so there is that.

Lisa didn't show up at Camille's wedding to some rich guy - "rich enough to forgo spousal support from Kelsey." Also, "Don't Give Up on Love." Wendy trashes Lisa for a while, then takes a moment to SMACK SMACK before showing us pictures from Kenya's baby shower. I can't say I miss the Atlanta ladies. My headache wasn't helped by the gaudy outfits worn. We get a report that 56/73 gifts from her registry were purchased. I wrote it down, so now you have to let that useless fact drip into your skull as well. The sound in my head, "nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn."

It was at this time that the Cassie/Ashanti segment happened, which helped me snap to. 

We get a mention of the Clemson floor collapse - frankly I wondered if the fire code had been violated with so many people in one space, and with everyone jumping up and down? 

Next up is the Jersey Shore mention - ragging on Ronnie going to counselling with his ex, Jen. I am not into Jersey Shore. Of course Wendy is a Jersey Girl.

She mentions Carroll Spinney retiring as Big Bird, and Paula Abdul is installed into Wendy's Fall of Shame for falling off of the stage. 

Naughty Gossip guy is up next, and I was just not feeling the guy and the stories … Reese Witherspoon having her texts requested in the drama with her ex-husband's ex-girlfriend, and especially the Dr. Grant story and the women being drugged and raped and filmed …. blergh …. also something Machine Gun Kelly, a brawl, ugh. It's all so dark and repulsive.

The rest of the show was dull as dirt, and I was in full hate watch mode. Hot Topics sound off, which sounded like Repeat What Wendy Said, Trendy Wendy - I HATE this shit - then Ask Wendy. 

A beige kind of day.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, Jeanius said:

Naughty Gossip guy is up next, and I was just not feeling the guy and the stories

Yup, his stories were just as boring as Wendy's HT's. Maybe there just isn't any good gossip going around lately. The celebs are laying low, lol. Or Wendy and her gossip reporters have all run their course. 

• Love 5

Last week Wendy was giving Kenya all kinds of shit for being an older adult and still expecting people to buy her a gift for her life event. Wendy was not havin' it and didn't think older folks should be asking for gifts. Today she went on about all the great gifts she got for the baby shower she WAS FORCED to have with Little Kev and made it sound like Kenya and her gift registry was all well and good. So hard to keep up...

• Love 4
1 minute ago, TVbitch said:

Last week Wendy was giving Kenya all kinds of shit for being an older adult and still expecting people to buy her a gift for her life event. Wendy was not havin' it and didn't think older folks should be asking for gifts. Today she went on about all the great gifts she got for the baby shower she WAS FORCED to have with Little Kev and made it sound like Kenya and her gift registry was all well and good. So hard to keep up...

She has air between her ears and can’t even keep up with herself. It’s so hard deciding if you are half left or half right. 

• Love 6

Today on Wendy - She comes out in another sparkly skirt and a purple letter jacket with a "W" on it - not bad. Helps keep her warm. 

Hot Topics - Mariah Carey is touring. Her ex-fiancé, James Packer, has come out with a book that has Mariah in it. All I got out of it was that Mariah wanted a $250,000 wedding dress and James was going through some financial issues, so …… I wonder if people even fall in love anymore. I get that if you have a lot of money, you have to be careful whom you date - well, really, don't we all? Oh, and he went to Israel to help clear his head, and Mariah didn't know where he was. They are both weird. 

Hailey Baldwin is trademarking Hailey Bieber and going to "cash in" with a clothing line. The audience wasn't impressed.

Wendy watched The Resident and likes it, but Malcolm Jamal Warner is too hairy. Wendy zinged Bill Crosby - "Your son grew up and out-doctored you."

Also, Wendy watched some T.I. and Tiny and Wendy discussed college … she likes it to be known that she went to college, but didn't like it, but her parents expected her to get a degree. She said if Lil Kev wanted to drop out, she would support him in his decision - really??? - I guess if he had a "plan" …. while saying if SHE had dropped out, she would maybe be dead by 23, and that she was boy crazy then. She was talking out of both sides of her mouth. Someone here mentioned maybe Lil Kev was having trouble adjusting to school, and maybe this is a lead up to something down the road. Maybe Lil Kev will start a sneaker line. 

Next up, Tokyo Toni wants to see her grandchild, Dream, and she is begging Rob. Wendy feels bad for her, recommends that they have Kris help work it out. Right. 

She rags on Spice and someone else for skin bleaching, "Lil Vibes" ??? …. she rags on Sammy Sosa, as well. Yikes!! I learn about "cake soap."

Amy Schumer is pregnant. Rosie O is engaged to a 33 year old cop from Boston.

Next up - Hot Five - The Haunting of Hill House, Tina Turner My Love Story, House of Cards, Lady Gaga, Mega Millions, which prompts a "puss face" from Miss High and Mighty, who has, as Hot Five guy points out, "Wendy Williams money."

And a commercial for Gold Bond with helpful advice - cooler and shorter showers, lower temperature in the house, and Gold Bond Radiant Renewal, and Cracked Skin Relief.

Wendy has been behaving herself, for the most part - not much snark today - have a good one!!

• Love 6
5 hours ago, Jeanius said:

She said if Lil Kev wanted to drop out, she would support him in his decision - really??? -

She has said this several times already. I gather Lil Kev does not like college. Or else this wouldn't even be a thought in Wendy's head. He hasn't even finished a semester yet, has he? All the kid has to do is go to class and study. He probably has a nice new car, all the clothes he needs, designer sneakers and an allowance most kids would only dream of and I'm sure he doesn't have to work at some crap part time job as long as he is in school.  Sounds like a no brainer to me. 

If he doesn't make it in school he knows mommy is rich and famous so there's not much to worry about. I wonder if she will finance a nice apartment in the city for him while he is trying to find himself. 

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 5
26 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

She has said this several times already. I gather Lil Kev does not like college. Or else this wouldn't even be a thought in Wendy's head. He hasn't even finished a semester yet, has he? All the kid has to do is go to class and study. He probably has a nice new car, all the clothes he needs, designer sneakers and an allowance most kids would only dream of and I'm sure he doesn't have to work at some crap part time job as long as he is in school.  Sounds like a no brainer to me. 

If he doesn't make it in school he knows mommy is rich and famous so there's not much to worry about. I wonder if she will finance a nice apartment in the city for him while he is trying to find himself. 

No.  She said she'd be ok with him not going to school if he "had a plan". So she wouldn't possibly bankroll his self discovery phase.??

Seriously.  That's a plan, isn't it?  Take a year and "find myself".  Or get a nice, cushy position at Mommy's show as a PA (but one who never has to do the grunt work).  I don't want to disparage the kid because he's not his Mom but kids of famous people tend to have it easy.  They have something to fall back on when they are uncomfortable in a new situation.

Personally, I think a kid, any kid, if they decided to go away to college in the first place, needs to give it at least a year.  Try new things.  Make friends.  Don't mention you're Wendy Williams "little Kev".  Being homesick is ok, it's normal, but to throw in the towel after two months?  Give it a chance.

• Love 6

Wendy gave me whiplash on the college topic today: She is cool with Tiny's daughter not wanting to go to college. Not everyone is right for college. Wendy hated college. If Lil' Kev doesn't want to go to college, Wendy is totally fine with that. However, if Wendy hadn't gone to college, she thinks she would probably be dead now. She is acutally glad her parents made her get her degree. She wouldn't be where she is now without it. Maybe parents do know best.  --Jesus God, maybe have an actual opinion before you start rambling on about it. 

Wendy showing contempt for people who play the lottery again, saying she just don't care, and that Big 5 guy throwing out "I wouldn't care either if I had Wendy Williams Money." Ooooh, she did not like that, but I did!! 

• Love 7
10 hours ago, TVbitch said:

Wendy showing contempt for people who play the lottery again, saying she just don't care, and that Big 5 guy throwing out "I wouldn't care either if I had Wendy Williams Money." Ooooh, she did not like that, but I did!! 

That was awesome! Shut up Wendy. You're filthy rich. How dare she turn her nose up at those of us that want to play the lottery. She's just so damn nasty. What has happened to this woman.  

• Love 6
11 hours ago, TVbitch said:

Was the person in the audience? Wendy is worth $60 million dollars.  She can retire right now and not lose anything. The majority of people in this world do not have that luxury. She is a nasty person and I no longer watch her.  

• Love 7

@Apprentice79 No, the person was a guests talking about the "Big 5" stories of the moment and one of them was the big lotto jackpot.

Well I watched Hot Topics today and can't remember a single damn one of them, so they must not have been that HOT. Or, maybe my brain has decided it is just no longer going to commit this garbage to memory! :)  

• Love 2
9 hours ago, TVbitch said:

@Apprentice79 No, the person was a guests talking about the "Big 5" stories of the moment and one of them was the big lotto jackpot.

Well I watched Hot Topics today and can't remember a single damn one of them, so they must not have been that HOT. Or, maybe my brain has decided it is just no longer going to commit this garbage to memory! :)  

Ha!! It's true. If I didn't take notes I wouldn't remember the Not So Hot Topics either. I took notes yesterday, then forgot to write them up. Here's the skinny:

Wendy wore a nice enough black dress - a shirt dress, I guess. 

She started off with a story about Tracy Chapman suing Nicki Minaj for copyright infringement over Baby Can I Hold You, had the audience singing, then had them stop. She said it was too late to pull the song, as Funkmaster Flex already played it, but that Nicki should pay up for sampling.

Next it was a sad story about Hayden Panettiere and her alleged drinking problem. And new boyfriend. Wendy talked at length about her ex, Wladimer, and daughter Kaya. 

I wrote down something about Gold Bond - oh right - Wendy had dry skin and needed some moisturizer. 

Then a discussion about having cameras in the home - Wendy doesn't think it is a good idea. It was in regards to Toya from T.I. and Tiny having cameras in her home to watch her daughter.

She mentioned that Jerry Springer was going to be a judge in a court show and how much she liked court shows and that Wendy would make a good Tv judge.

She tells a story about La Toya Jackson's company owing years of rent - $360,000. And while at first saying La Toya isn't really at fault - her people should have taken care of it - she then trashes La Toya, asking when did she ever have a good earnings year, she is single, difficult ….  

Reverend Al Sharpton is her guest. He still has it - looked and sounded good. The Divorce Court judge Lynn Toler was on to help Wendy with the Ask Wendy segment. 

Overall, a rather dull show. 

• Love 6
15 minutes ago, druzy said:

Wendy is a liar. The first time she told the story about the car accident she claimed she honestly didn't realize it happened until the cops came to her house.

Since when is Wendy concerned with facts? She can’t keep anything straight. One day she likes something/someone and the next day it’s pure hatred. I wonder if she is delusional. She might be spending all those nights at home because her safety net is living with her rose colored glasses on. 

• Love 7

“You’ve left me with my meal for the rest of the week” said Wendy to Carla Hall. 

I found that comment very telling. As in neither Big nor Little Kevin will be at home with her this week. So instead of ordering in, shopping and cooking or going out, she’s going to continue to dine on the Oxtails and black eyed pea salad.  I also thought that she had gone vegetarian so I’m quizzical about that too. 

• Love 4
5 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

I also thought that she had gone vegetarian so I’m quizzical about that too. 

After she had the health scare, severe weight loss, fainting spells, thyroid flare up, ( and more to the point the public outing of Big Kev's secrets), her Dr. ran all those tests and found that along with needing to change her meds she was severely iron deficient and needed to eat more protein including meat. So Wendy is now eating meat. 

• Love 6

Loved how Wendy tried to convince us today that every time she gets shit wrong it is the bureau feeding her faulty information. Glad Norman served it back to her a little. Oh, and then drool dripped out of her mouth and I went into a blackout. 

Why does she keep telling her hit and run story. Are we supposed to find it amusing that a rich bitch like Wendy would "destroy" some poor persons bumper at the grocery and then just drive off and not take responsibility. Then lie to the cops and act like nothing happened. Is this story supposed to endear her to us. 

• Love 9
2 hours ago, TVbitch said:

Loved how Wendy tried to convince us today that every time she gets shit wrong it is the bureau feeding her faulty information. Glad Norman served it back to her a little. Oh, and then drool dripped out of her mouth and I went into a blackout. 

Why does she keep telling her hit and run story. Are we supposed to find it amusing that a rich bitch like Wendy would "destroy" some poor persons bumper at the grocery and then just drive off and not take responsibility. Then lie to the cops and act like nothing happened. Is this story supposed to endear her to us. 

Blech! Glad I missed today's show. The wiping of the nose with Q-tips is bad enough.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, TVbitch said:

Loved how Wendy tried to convince us today that every time she gets shit wrong it is the bureau feeding her faulty information.

I tried but had to stop watching today.  During her interview with David and Tamela Mann she was quite bitter towards Tamela.  She asked Tamela why she needed a big 2nd wedding and how unnecessary and ridiculous those type of events are.  Not everyone is as bitter and unlucky in love as you are Wendy.  The final straw for me was when she said that Tamela Mann is  a gospel star (They both are Wendy.  They gained famed with Kirk Franklin.) and that Tamela is one of he biggest gospel stars in the world.  Really?  Tamela is a phenomenal singer but not as large as you are saying Wendy.  CeCe Winans and Yolanda Adams and a few others are much bigger female gospel stars.  Who does your research?  Or does anyone even bother anymore? 

That was it for me.  I hit delete.  Enough of her "interviewing" and short couchie cutter dresses.  

• Love 10
6 hours ago, A.J. said:

I tried but had to stop watching today.  During her interview with David and Tamela Mann she was quite bitter towards Tamela.  She asked Tamela why she needed a big 2nd wedding and how unnecessary and ridiculous those type of events are.  Not everyone is as bitter and unlucky in love as you are Wendy.  The final straw for me was when she said that Tamela Mann is  a gospel star (They both are Wendy.  They gained famed with Kirk Franklin.) and that Tamela is one of he biggest gospel stars in the world.  Really?  Tamela is a phenomenal singer but not as large as you are saying Wendy.  CeCe Winans and Yolanda Adams and a few others are much bigger female gospel stars.  Who does your research?  Or does anyone even bother anymore? 

That was it for me.  I hit delete.  Enough of her "interviewing" and short couchie cutter dresses.  

She also kept getting their last name wrong which was very disrespectful. 

How can you give someone like Wendy a reality check? She would benefit from some constructive criticism but she surrounds herself with yes men (glad to see that Norman is getting more brazen about correcting her and I’m grateful that he does) and an audience selected to be mega fans, enthusiastic clappers and full of WW love. Fortunately I’m ammune to her brand of brain bleach. 

• Love 5

I was watching (on Youtube) a compilation of Ask Wendy. I don't recall what the question was that the audience member asked, but Wendy stated that she has NEVER EVER pumped her own gas. WTF? And she was damn proud of it. 

• Love 3
21 minutes ago, chenoa333 said:

I was watching (on Youtube) a compilation of Ask Wendy. I don't recall what the question was that the audience member asked, but Wendy stated that she has NEVER EVER pumped her own gas. WTF? And she was damn proud of it. 

You don't pump your own gas in NJ. It's some kind of weird law. They still have gas station attendants do it so I actually believe it. 

• Love 7

She mentioned during her hit-and-run story that all she does is drive the car - the man's job is to maintain the car - and she said she never does any of it, including pump gas. I forgot about the New Jersey law. Otherwise, I was thinking - NEVER fills up the car? I personally don't mind gassing up Ol' Bessie, but I'm not some fancy Gossip Queen. I had never heard her story before. I find it hard to believe that she was not aware that she crushed the other bumper. Sounds like she had to lawyer up to avoid getting a more severe punishment. 

Other notes: Wendy discussed another "Friend in her Head" Jennifer Garner, or "Gardner" - at least she corrected herself. After being happy that Jennifer is dating again, she gives us the "dirt" that the boyfriend is still married (getting divorced) and that his "ex" claims that he has anger and control issues. Wendy brushes that off, but I would be wary, myself. Then she takes a left turn and talks about Martha Stewart trying to set Jennifer up on a date, and Who Would you Rather?? I find this mighty strange. I don't think about "doing" any of these people, and I do NOT want to imagine "doing" Martha Stewart. How does a story about Martha being Jennifer's friend turn into something sexual?? 

Then we get the sad tale of Pooch, his hairline, the DUI …. oh and Wendy being pissed that she was "told" that he was out at 12:30 am, not 7:30 pm. I think she mixed the story up with the Terrance J car crash story - Norman was right. 

Then a riveting story about Ice-T arrested for driving his fancy unregistered car through a toll booth with out paying. 

She kept calling David Mann Mr. Brown. It was annoying for ME - must have been worse for them. And she was obnoxiously dismissive of their renewal vows. 

• Love 6

During HT, Wendy made a statement that she says dumb things sometimes and the fans get mad at her for a few days, but then we forgive her.  Whatever. 

Then she said some shady things about the Neeley's.  I have no great love for the Neeley's, but I got so disgusted when Wendy was shading them on today's show.  She put both of them down; acting shocked that Pat remarried... a woman.   Then she dumps on Gena, insinuating  that she's probably jealous of her ex and his new family and that she's acting desperate by being on some reality show.  The lowest was her advising the Neeley's grown children should spy on their dad and report back to Gena with any negative stuff they see at his home, in order to give mom an ego boost.  What a bitch.    Then she was really tickled by a story about a bride who secretly fattened up her bridesmaids, so that they'd look heavier and the bride would be the center of attention.  Wendy thought this was brilliant!  Does this fool not realize that she is perpetuating the stereotype that fat people are unattractive?    She must be a spiteful shrew behind the scenes if this is her mindset.

Then we get a Gold Bond appearance.   Then she screws up the dish that Carla made for her yesterday - she said lima bean salad when it was black eyed pea salad.   Almost forgot... what an awful outfit Wendy was wearing!  A tweed-ish blazer over a white blouse and some horrendous (leather?) shorts with V-shaped slits.

Two nitpicks - I hate when she lets the audience finish the sentence "it's time for hot topics".   Also, when she drops that cough drop in her mug, like it's a ritual that MUST BE DONE.  That unwrapping and dropping in the cup is almost OCD-ish.  None of it has to be done on camera.   ADDED:  My dream is that one day that drop gets lodged in her throat, lil' Suzanne runs over to do the Heimlich and jerks giant Wendy so hard that her wig flies off.   Teehee.

Whew, feels good to get that off my chest.  Have a good weekend everyone.

Edited by patty1h
Added a fun scenario
  • Love 14

I'm normally a Wendy apologist who enjoys this thread because y'all are hilarious.  But Thursday's show was a real low spot after weeks of Wendy being somewhat normal.  She was incredibly rude to the Manns, who seemed like extremely nice people.  I'm not in their target market but I have heard of them... so for Wendy to call Tamala "Tiffany" and then try to cover it up by calling her "Girl"...   Tamala was extremely gracious, reintroducing herself and telling Wendy it was okay that she forgot.  NO IT'S NOT!!   Unless Wendy has a medical condition she hasn't disclosed, you should be able to remember the name of your guests!  That is so rude - especially since you barely get any guests these days.

Then Carla really tolerated Wendy during the cooking segment when Wendy was rubbing salt in the wound about the end of the Chew, and comparing it to some other food show.  Carla corrected her while continuing to bake, while it was clear she wasn't happy to listen to the blathering idiot beside her.

Haven't watched today's show, who knows what f-ery awaits me...

• Love 10
9 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

You don't pump your own gas in NJ. It's some kind of weird law. They still have gas station attendants do it so I actually believe it. 

So Wendy has never in her life driven a car outside of New Jersey. She definitely lives in a bubble!

• Love 7
8 hours ago, patty1h said:

Almost forgot... what an awful outfit Wendy was wearing!  A tweed-ish blazer over a white blouse and some horrendous (leather?) shorts with V-shaped slits.

Wendy the hypocrite would age shame another 54 year old wearing that outfit.

8 hours ago, patty1h said:

ADDED:  My dream is that one day that drop gets lodged in her throat, lil' Suzanne runs over to do the Heimlich and jerks giant Wendy so hard that her wig flies off.   Teehee.

You win the internet today! Thanks for the laugh ?

• Love 6

Wendy also talked about going to the Angel charity dinner. Her man did not accompany her (shocker), but she still made the staff that came with her sit in the back and not at her "important people" table. She just had to point out how she saw Matthew McConaughey and he was "little" and "small" (which for her probably means 6' tall). Wendy disses on shorter men, like they aren't manly and can't possibly be sexy. So she wasn't hot for Matthew. Um, I don't think you need to worry about that, honey. 

• Love 10
14 hours ago, patty1h said:

What a bitch.   

At one point I could at least watch her celebrity interviews when her hot topics were so venom filled.  Now the interviews are becoming unwatchable.   

• Love 5
18 hours ago, DrivingSideways said:

I'm normally a Wendy apologist who enjoys this thread because y'all are hilarious.  But Thursday's show was a real low spot after weeks of Wendy being somewhat normal.  She was incredibly rude to the Manns, who seemed like extremely nice people.  I'm not in their target market but I have heard of them... so for Wendy to call Tamala "Tiffany" and then try to cover it up by calling her "Girl"...   Tamala was extremely gracious, reintroducing herself and telling Wendy it was okay that she forgot.  NO IT'S NOT!!   Unless Wendy has a medical condition she hasn't disclosed, you should be able to remember the name of your guests!  That is so rude - especially since you barely get any guests these days.

Here's the clip of nasty Wendy insulting the Manns.

• Love 2
On 10/8/2018 at 7:13 PM, greyflannel said:

All I can think of, with her behavior in general, is that she wants the show to be cancelled. 

This is what I don’t understand about Wendy...why bother signing on to another season if you don’t want to do it? She’s been in the business a long time and despite her most recent controversies, has built quite a legacy in both radio and television. Her behavior is chipping away at everything she’s worked for. Just bow out gracefully, retire and enjoy the life that you’ve built. Divorce that loser husband, pay him some “go away” money and sign over the house in Morristown so him and his mistress can rot in it. Sell the house in Livingston and buy your fantasy apartment in NYC with a craft room and a room for Little Kev(because you know he’s not gonna stay in college) and live comfortably off of your HSN line, your production company, and whatever other sources of income you have. Take an older lover that actually values you, travel, and enjoy your life. And if you ever feel the need to be in front of the camera or behind the mic, do a podcast. You’ve poopooed on podcasts before, but the reality is that TV talk shows are slowly becoming obsolete, and people like listening on the go on their own time. You’ve outgrown your pop culture audience and have said many MANY times on air that you don’t care about most hot topics. Go out while you’re relatively still on top.

I say this as a long time Wendy watcher/listener for decades. I used to live for her shows and now I haven’t watched in months. I pop in here on occasion and sad to see she’s gotten worse. She’s a shell of the powerhouse she was and as vitriolic she’s become, there’s a part of me that still wants her to win.

• Love 10
16 minutes ago, druzy said:

Here's the clip of nasty Wendy insulting the Manns.

I have no idea who the Manns are nor do I care. Wendy is rude to most of her guests and her guests are becoming less and less recognizable as "celebrities". What's next for Wendy? DNA testing on audience members who don't know who da fuck da baby daddy might be?

• Love 7

I just couldn't believe the "shorts" outfit she wore on Friday.  Just couldn't believe it.  

Then she said that Megyn Kelly needs to pay attention to what she says (with which I agree-have NEVER been a fan of Megyn's) while it's okay when she (Wendy) just blurts things out sometimes because her fans/audience will forgive her.  What?  It's okay for Wendy to make ignorant statements but not others?  Okay then.

I watched the interview with Carson and Thom-I don't normally watch her interviews.  She would ask a question and then when one of them started to answer she would interrupt and ask a completely different question.  Both of them did their best to be fun and respectful guests.  She told Carson that he had been on her show over 20 times.

• Love 6
16 minutes ago, seacliffsal said:

Then she said that Megyn Kelly needs to pay attention to what she says (with which I agree-have NEVER been a fan of Megyn's) while it's okay when she (Wendy) just blurts things out sometimes because her fans/audience will forgive her.  What?  It's okay for Wendy to make ignorant statements but not others?  Okay then.

You're so right.  Never been a big fan of Megyn's, and her move from Fox never made sense to me, but Wendy says some really mind-boggling things that would get other TV personalities fired.  I think she gets away with it because (a) she says so many whacked out things, who can keep track? and (b) no one is paying attention.  However, when she does really get in hot water, she will throw her production staff under the bus like that poor guy that got fired a few years back.

• Love 6
42 minutes ago, patty1h said:

For you hard core Wendy fans, I saw a commercial for the Seth Meyers talk show where they announced that Wendy is a guest on 10/30.  I won't be watching.

I may get my neighbor to record it for me (I’m never up that late). Not because I’m a dire hard WW fan but I want to see if she makes an ass out of herself and to see what she’s plugging (Gold Bond lotion?). If he does consent to record I’ll give y’all a full report. Thanks for the heads up @patty1h

• Love 5
19 hours ago, DrivingSideways said:

Wendy says some really mind-boggling things that would get other TV personalities fired.  I think she gets away with it because (a) she says so many whacked out things, who can keep track? and (b) no one is paying attention.  

Yeah, nobody’s watching!  ?

5 hours ago, patty1h said:

For you hard core Wendy fans, I saw a commercial for the Seth Meyers talk show where they announced that Wendy is a guest on 10/30.  I won't be watching.

I wonder what she would bring to this show?

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Tanichka said:

Yeah, nobody’s watching!  ?

I wonder what she would bring to this show?

Her lame ass story about her son walking in on her and Sr.  She loves that story and it leaves me mortified!  She seems to shill it everywhere, she's very proud of it.

• Love 4
15 minutes ago, Destiny74 said:

Her lame ass story about her son walking in on her and Sr.  She loves that story and it leaves me mortified!  She seems to shill it everywhere, she's very proud of it.

Well (Sorry to be saying this but...) it could be one of the very few times she’s had her head in that position. 

• Love 3
On 10/27/2018 at 5:14 PM, seacliffsal said:

I just couldn't believe the "shorts" outfit she wore on Friday.  Just couldn't believe it.  

I watched the interview with Carson and Thom-I don't normally watch her interviews.  She would ask a question and then when one of them started to answer she would interrupt and ask a completely different question.  Both of them did their best to be fun and respectful guests.  She told Carson that he had been on her show over 20 times.

Why the holy fuck does Wendy need to make ANY guest interview about herself? She's tellibg Thom and Carson all about how she loves to incorprate black into her decorating and how she loves to paint a ceiling and how she LOVES that she is so in touch with what's current and great in interior design.

Carson & Thom were very classy and gracious about WW making the interview about her (as usual.) She is a low class, stupid ass diva. So what Wendy, you graduated from college and made a career out of being trashy.  I love Carson and Thom....my only favorites from the original QE. And damn, Thom looks so good...aging well and very sexy. But as the saying goes...all the hot guys are married or gay! Lol.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, chenoa333 said:

Why the holy fuck does Wendy need to make ANY guest interview about herself? She's tellibg Thom and Carson all about how she loves to incorprate black into her decorating and how she loves to paint a ceiling and how she LOVES that she is so in touch with what's current and great in interior design.

Carson & Thom were very classy and gracious about WW making the interview about her (as usual.) She is a low class, stupid ass diva. So what Wendy, you graduated from college and made a career out of being trashy.  I love Carson and Thom....my only favorites from the original QE. And damn, Thom looks so good...aging well and very sexy. But as the saying goes...all the hot guys are married or gay! Lol.

Was it just me or, during that interview did Thom seem very uncomfortable?  When he and Carson were joking and talking his body language seemed open but when Wendy asked a question or started talking he closed up?  He would cross his arms as soon as she started talking.  I don't know?  Maybe I was seeing something that wasn't there.

• Love 6
8 hours ago, Destiny74 said:

Was it just me or, during that interview did Thom seem very uncomfortable?  When he and Carson were joking and talking his body language seemed open but when Wendy asked a question or started talking he closed up?  He would cross his arms as soon as she started talking.  I don't know?  Maybe I was seeing something that wasn't there.

I'm sure most of WW guests are uncomfortable with her because they never know when/if she's going to throw shade or insult them or ask questions that are totally irrelevant to their current career endeavors.

And we know people on her "team" read the comments about her on this (and other) reality tv/talk show forums and report back to her. She's got a huge ego.... bigger than her gross gigantic boobs. And for fucks sake Wendy, stop with the flesh colored pantyhose. 

Edited by chenoa333
  • Love 6
11 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

Poor Carson & Thom!  They are such fun & I love their new show.  Having to put up with morons interviewing them is part of the job, I guess.

I just checked out her Wikipedia & it says she's a fashion designer - ha ha ha ha ah ha ah ah ah ha ha

• Love 4