Type keyword(s) to search

The Wendy Williams Show - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Believe it or not, WW & the show were actually nominated for two Daytime Emmys: one for "Best Entertainment Talk Show" & the other for "Best Talk Show Host,'' while The View was shut out. You know that The View's in trouble when both Wendy & her show start looking good to Emmy voters.

• Love 2

I don't remember her ever having repeats on Fridays. I thought she taped Friday's shows earlier in the week like other shows do.

The thing I don't understand is why they show a repeat of a show that was just on a few days ago. I wouldn't mind seeing some of her older shows on Fridays. I don't want to watch something on Friday that I just saw on Monday.

Repeats on her shows don't work well anyway.  Hot topics are old news the next day so any repeats are not worth watching.  

Wendy is a hypocrite and full of shit.  She had the nerve to be offended and "he is a cornball" and "it's not cool for him to affect Black speech/act Black" about Tom Hanks's son, Chet.  But when people question Iggy Azalea's "Blaccent", she's all up in arms about that and accuses people of jealousy.

• Love 2

Wendy is a hypocrite and full of shit.  She had the nerve to be offended and "he is a cornball" and "it's not cool for him to affect Black speech/act Black" about Tom Hanks's son, Chet.  But when people question Iggy Azalea's "Blaccent", she's all up in arms about that and accuses people of jealousy.

I agree... although I saw it a little differently.  Iggy was being attacked on Twitter by black artists and essentially being called racist, I think Wendy was saying that was a step too far.  Both Iggy and Chet are corny and their affectations seem fake, but at least Iggy has a marketable skill.  But even Wendy says in a year none of us will remember who the hell Iggy is, so she respects her grind and tells her to get it while the getting is good.  I really like Wendy's approach to race issues - she really seems able to see most of the hot button race issues of the day in an objective manner and speak in an intelligent and measured manner - FOR HER.

So Wendy is up for two Emmy's . The show and talk show host. She said it was all possible because of her son and husband. 

She didn't give any credit to her staff. Nice, Wendy. 

Haha I noticed that too... I kept waiting for her to acknowledge her staff or her audience but no, she was just giving the Kevins credit.  Whatever, I love Wendy, I think she is extremely gracious and makes a point of including her audience with the 'cohost' talk, the reading of letters and pictures almost daily - it's clear she adores her audience.

• Love 1

An affectation is an affectation.  It doesn't make any difference to me if she's doing it in conjunction with a marketable skill.  I think Wendy often sounds misinformed and out of touch when it comes to both racial and gender-based issues.  She's so busy trying to point out "haters" (which is just a ridiculous concept to begin with) that she doesn't listen to or consider what could be cogent points.

• Love 4

I like Wendy, but she has got to be the most insecure middle aged woman I have ever encountered.  The whole Britney/Justin baby gift thing was just absurd.  She even admits that Britney and Justin ended over 13 years ago, and that she doesn't think Britney is doing anything shady.  Then contradicts herself and says that it is still wrong.

She did this months ago when Rachel McAdams called Ryan Gosling and congratulated him on the birth of his daughter and Wendy thought it was disrespectful to Eva Mendez.  This time Britney sent the gift to Jessica Biel personally and Wendy still thought it was wrong. 

I know Wendy has had issues of infidelity in her marriage in the past but seriously, let it go. 

• Love 6

I agree so much about her insecurity, I've said before that I hope young women don't watch this for relationship advice.

The Eva Mendes baby thing was ridiculous. I have male friends and my husband has female friends, if you're secure in your relationship that won't matter.

• Love 3

Usually I like Wendy, but occasionally I think Wendy actually believes, when she tells people how to live their lives, what she thinks matters to anyone but her.

She like hearing herself talk. And she is insanely aroused by the applause her co-hosts are  frenzied into.

She talked  a few days ago (not a rerun) about Michael Strahan and Tariq  being an item.

She then went  on to say she liked the "relationship" but she thinks because Tariq  (an actress,a working, Emmy(?) nominated actress), should be available to be first lady for Strahan, to be available to be his eye candy as he makes the talk show circuit.

Insinuating Tariq should be about giving up her career to support his talk show "career"

So for that reason she don't think a relationship between them is good.

She says this stupid shit with a straight face.

Anyway has she gone on hiatus? what with these reruns? 

• Love 4
(edited)

Isn't her husband's "career" basically holding Wendy's purse for her? I never hear her mention him working or having a career of his own.

This is stupid and shallow but I hate how Wendy doesn't smooth her dress over her ass when she sits down.

Edited by Maharincess
  • Love 2

Isn't her husband's "career" basically holding Wendy's purse for her? I never hear her mention him working or having a career of his own.

Supposedly he is her "manager'. He's got himself a nice little life going on thanks to Wendy. He better not get caught cheating again. 

• Love 2

What's with her adoration of Julia Roberts on today's show?  She stole her husband from his wife.  I thought Wendy was against cheaters, no?

I don't know if this show was a repeat because I have heard rumors that that marriage is headed for divorce, which would be Karma for sure.  

• Love 2

What's with her adoration of Julia Roberts on today's show?  She stole her husband from his wife.  I thought Wendy was against cheaters, no?

I don't know if this show was a repeat because I have heard rumors that that marriage is headed for divorce, which would be Karma for sure.  

It is a repeat. The first time I saw her say that, I couldn't freakin believe it because yes, she is supposedly against cheaters. I also think Julia paid off the wife very nicely in exchange for not going to the tabloids which is the reason we have never heard a peep out of her. Wendy really is a moron. Does she or that cracker  jack staff of hers ever do their homework?

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 5

So the first day Wendy was back after another week of repeats she said she was "required" to take time off, then she quickly went on to hot topics.  WTF is she talking about? She also said the same thing when she took spring break hiatus right before that. Who is "requiring" this and why aren't the other talk show hosts not doing the same? She is so full of shit. 

Edited by bichonblitz

I don't really know anything about Wendy's husband, but I always kinda expect to hear they are getting a divorce and he is gay.  She's just so similar to a drag queen, and I do like her for most part, haha, I guess it's shitty of me, I'm lumping her in with what happened to Star Jones and the creeps Sherri Shephard attracts.

I feel like it's happening more and more often that Wendy says she isn't interested in a topic or doesn't care about anything.  Normally, I think she has an enjoyment of life that can be infectious, and I kinda like her awful advice, because she lives in such a dark world sometimes.  Too much I.D Discovery.  

Edited to add: It was so funny today when Mo'nique was like, "Wendy, I know you did your research and read the emails..." and Wendy said, "No..." haha.  I mean, this isn't Meet the Press, I was following that Empire news story too and didn't hear about the emails.  There's no way Mo'nique is easy to get along with.  

Edited by Morbs
  • Love 1

The e-mails regarding Mo'nique came out on the "Sway in the morning" radio show a couple of days prior.  The e-mails were from Lee Daniels's office and they backed what Mo'nique has been saying about being offered the role of Cookie.  Mo acknowledged that going with Taraji was a great choice but she wanted to prove publicly that she wasn't a liar.

• Love 1

I just watched an episode where an audience member who has been dating a guy for 8 months asked Wendy how she can convinced her mom to meet her boyfriend. Wendy had her face all turned up, saying that 8 months is too soon to marry. BUT

I remember Wendy covering women who are engaged or have married their short term boyfriends and saying how when you're a woman of a certain age you shouldn't waste time and to just go for it.

But I guess that's only if you're a celebrity.

Please continue to add my name in the column of people who think she's a hypocrite. 

• Love 3

She's absolutely killing me with the Nick Loeb/Sofia Vergara stuff and she's not letting it go! When she first addressed it a couple of weeks ago, she had the reaction about how "if it can be a girl, it's really a child!" stuff and I just wrote it off as Wendy doing her "I'm a girl, I'm all pink, I don't understand gametes or zygotes!!!" crap, but she's still going with that line about the embryos being girls. Call me an eternal optimist that I figured someone on the staff would let her know that no, you really can't see the sex of the little embryo goobers or whatever -- you know because they were made in the lab to be female. Maybe even the crap doc Oz could have been brought on to break it down for her, I'm sure he needs gigs these days. 

And then she brings it up again today and Loeb's op-ed piece but never mentions that two of their embryos were previously implanted and neither ended up being viable. His past of hookers and blow is well known, and that was during the relationship with Sofia, so how is it one 40-something ex-fiancee's responsibility? I can tolerate Wendy's insanity 95% of the time, especially if it's a one off, but she's had weeks for someone to clue her preschool-level understanding of this mess. I know, I know, don't come to Wendy for the hard-hitting science news, but still...

Re: her schedule, I thought she took Fridays off so she could have shorter summer breaks and be on the air for more overall months basically? Besides keeping the audience engaged with the show and not losing them to some new host/show, it always sounds like she's in her 1950s self-made jail with no one to talk to but the two Kev's whenever she's off from work. I do think her personal life would implode if she lost the show.

• Love 2

Just because Sofia Vergara's ex sent Wendy flowers for her 1000th show doesn't mean that he's a great guy. It  means he's a fame whore who figured that Wendy could be bought for a couple of bucks. The response to Nick Loser's piece in the NY times has been overwhelmingly negative, I am sure he is devastated because he came off looking like a absolute fool. Hopefully, Wendy will adjust her badly misinformed opinion because as much as I like her, she is way over her head with this one.

• Love 2

She drives me nuts half the time too but she entertains me often.  Her take on things can be nuts.  She asks the audience what they think and they clap.  Then incredulous she says, What? You like that?   No, no they don't.  Your idiot Suzanne frantically gives them the clap signal.  She drives me more nuts than Wendy.  

Today she had Sophia's embryos with pig tails and a jump rope.  **eye roll**

• Love 2
(edited)

She's said Sherri is the mother of the child and should take responsibility.

The Hollywood Reporter article about how all daytime talk shows are failing had some details about Wendy's success.  They said they will stick with airing recent episodes when they need a Friday rerun so the hot topics aren't out dated and that Wendy does like 70 shows more per year than other shows.  They also said the test run on Fox was key, since Wendy had to tone down her schtick to be mainstream.

Edited by Morbs
  • Love 1

Wendy mentioned the Expo but didn't say much about it.  I think Wendy is a talented woman, but her show is so trashy, it's not much better than being a reality show star so I don't know why Mr. Wendy Williams had a problem with NeNe speaking.

Did you guys notice that Robin Roberts was disgusted by Wendy and her shtick...I would not be surprise if she told her managers that she never wants to go back to that show. Wendy can be entertaining at times, but sometimes she comes off trashy and tasteless....

No, the opposite actually, I thought Robin was delighted with Wendy, she said she watches the show and the entire GMA staff does too, and that the reason she loves Wendy is because Wendy has a big personality that wouldn't fit in with doing regular news.

• Love 1

Is it just me or does anyone else think Wendy is the worst model for her clothes? . Most of her dresses are really cute, but they just look bad on her.Too short,her big boobs does absolutely nothing for her dresses.

My problem with  dresses are I need larger tops, and smaller bottoms, I  have to have the bottom altered if I buy a dress with a large enough top.  and of course if the bottom fit ,the top is gonna be too small.So I'm thinking either her tops are made out of extremely stretchy material or the entire dress is huge.  

• Love 1

I ran right over......Apparently there was some kind of dust up at the Atlanta's Women's Expo.  Anyone got anything on this?

This would be a very HOT topic if it involved any other celebrity.I believe Wendy's husband did something similar when she worked in radio.  I remember googling it once.  I think he locked the door to the booth and was slinging profanity which could be heard on air, similar to what he did this time.  She said she likes a roughneck and she got one.  He has quite a background.  I think there was a sexual assault case against him

Williams revealed to VLAD TV that in 2001 she found out her husband was cheating, only months after giving birth to their son Kevin. "If you told me when I was 25 years old or 30 years old that I would stay around for a cheater, I would have been like you are lying," says Williams.Jun 18, 2013

I wonder what she would advise one of her Ask Wendy audience members.

Wendy's Nightline also featured a story about the Dad bod, haha, I didn't know how far Nightline had fallen.  It was a nice little segment though, but her wigs look way faker in different lighting.  I guess that's the trick to wigs on TV.

Wendy's Nightline also featured a story about the Dad bod, haha, I didn't know how far Nightline had fallen. It was a nice little segment though, but her wigs look way faker in different lighting. I guess that's the trick to wigs on TV.

I was wasn't going to say anything, but Wendy looked bad on Nightline. I think she looks pretty good on her show, I know a lot of people clown her about her looks, but on her show she looks well put together. On Nightline she looked sweaty and disheveled. Everything looked sloppy.
  • Love 1

I was wasn't going to say anything, but Wendy looked bad on Nightline. I think she looks pretty good on her show, I know a lot of people clown her about her looks, but on her show she looks well put together. On Nightline she looked sweaty and disheveled. Everything looked sloppy.

She did look a mess. They didn't show much of her home, either. I have seen some pictures of the interior before, it's as tacky and gaudy as her office. If you ever watch her after show you know what I mean. 

• Love 1
(edited)

Its funny how she rags on celebrities and gets so happy to tell us the gritty details about the stupid shit they do but says nothing about this.

I can't stand Wendy. And I still have a hard time believing that she's a biological female. Are there any pictures of her pregnant?

Edited by Maharincess
(edited)

She did look a mess. They didn't show much of her home, either. I have seen some pictures of the interior before, it's as tacky and gaudy as her office. If you ever watch her after show you know what I mean.

I never thought my brain would form the sentence, "damn, I missed Nightline," but there it is. The clip where she was tearing up over the people she imagined she was connecting with through the show was awkward. At first I thought she was being sincere, and then when the interviewer offered her the handkerchief, she seemed so overwhelmed at a man being thoughtful in her house that she forgot to keep the crying going. I don't know which is worse, if she was fake crying or if her classic gender role marriage doesn't include her husband noticing she needed a tissue once in (??) years?

I'd love to know what her house looks like! I cringed so hard when she mentioned the piece before it aired and said her artwork would be featured (and little Kev's too I think). I'm all for having a creative outlet, but she must stop showing her painting of that cartoon dude/mascot guy every time she discusses someone in hot topics who has lips and a nose! That painting gives me the sads. Didn't she show a drawing by lil' Kev this year, a rendering of an album cover or something? Apparently the Williams' family is really into copying other artwork, but I recall Kevin's work showing a little more promise. Again, I need to know what the inside of that house looks like!

eta: (Found the interview) Oh Sweet Fancy Moses, that house! That is a messy mess of tack-eh-lation Wendy. I'm sure the Buddha head is busy praying for a new, more peaceful environment. And, oh Wendy, of course in your house you only get a small women's cave... I mean, I'm glad she's no Bethenny Frankelstein shoving Jason and his TV into a closet while building "their" apartment, but she could at least give herself a wing or something. I'm starting to think she doesn't have people over because she lives with two out-of-control chauvinists (or 1 and another in training), and they won't play well with others. The deli scene was good though, she seemed very genuine with the public and people really seem to love her. Was she in reverse for most of that driving scene?!

Edited by meisje
  • Love 2

I can't stand Wendy. And I still have a hard time believing that she's a biological female. Are there any pictures of her pregnant?

She is definitely female. I have a co-worker that went to the same high school in Jersey as Wendy. She sat next to her in one of her classes. She told me that back then Wendy was very quiet, plain looking and didn't have many friends. She said there was no indication at all that she would be so successful and "famous".

• Love 1
(edited)

Thanks for the links guys! The old Seinfeld "Yama Hama, it's fright  night!" jumps to mind re Wendy's house. I'm speechless... mostly. There's something so freaking weird about all that's wrong with her decorating sense, like it's beyond texture, pattern, color, materials and taste, and actually also a problem with considering 3 dimensions. She has all of this furniture, art and stuff lined up in a row and everything was the same height for the most part; it was really strange, like a finger paint camouflage or something. I'd like to give her credit for doing her own thing, but sometimes you need to know your own strengths and I swear I couldn't even locate the furniture in several of the rooms shown! And black walls are not a neutral. There are even many black paints you can create that are bold but they must have an underlying color of some sort. Her paint job was the equivalent of someone painting with bleach, just in black. I have no words for the "tree"/coat rack?/sculpture? thing wedged in there, how utterly bizarre to stick it against the wall and right next to and partially in front of the invisible couch and 2 bold paintings. I'm thinking now that maybe she keeps giving Teresa G screen time because she's a bit jealous of her taste level (AHHHHHH!). 

It would have been nice to see her kitchen, although now I wonder if it's even a functional kitchen or just black walls with some outdated cabinetry and a crock pot on a small table next to a wall? I'm officially giving this too much thought. It's rare for an interior to provoke such strong feelings in me. Well, hopefully she'll have something funny to say tomorrow that will wash away that house tour. Whichever network shows Nightline should have saved that for a late October airing!

Edited by meisje
  • Love 1
(edited)

Omg! Was the George Clooney story a real story or was Wendy just making stuff up, lol.

I don't keep up with GC but the story sounded stupid. Sports? Long time problems, and she has reddish hair??

"The marriage has been in trouble for a while"... "they have only been married a year" lol???

"They are having a problem over sports.... She doesn't like watching sports with him" huh??

"He fell in love with her lovely auburn hair."

lol, what was she talking about?

Everything thing about the story sounded made up.

Oh, Wendy, you are a mess.

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 1
(edited)

OMG - I was coming here to comment on the George Clooney story myself.  The story was just plain stupid.  It's not the first time, but Wendy is determined to lay shade on this wedding.  She's done it before - dropping hints that the marriage won't happen or it won't last or whatever.  Almost like if she puts it out into the universe and then it does tank she can take credit for seeing it first - get a notch in her fabulousness belt - 'told ya so'.

And in the beginning she actually said Amal wasn't that attractive.  Really, Wendy?  And today all of a sudden she IS attractive but too skinny?  Really, Wendy?  Look in the mirror, Wendy - Andy Cohen said when he was on the show that Wendy was so thin - almost shaky looking.  It's just that her gigantic boobs camouflage her weight issue.  Sounds like she might be getting herself together just in case her own marriage tanks. 

Edited by Fishy
  • Love 1

Thanks for the links guys! The old Seinfeld "Yama Hama, it's fright night!" jumps to mind re Wendy's house. I'm speechless... mostly. There's something so freaking weird about all that's wrong with her decorating sense, like it's beyond texture, pattern, color, materials and taste, and actually also a problem with considering 3 dimensions. She has all of this furniture, art and stuff lined up in a row and everything was the same height for the most part; it was really strange, like a finger paint camouflage or something. I'd like to give her credit for doing her own thing, but sometimes you need to know your own strengths and I swear I couldn't even locate the furniture in several of the rooms shown! And black walls are not a neutral. There are even many black paints you can create that are bold but they must have an underlying color of some sort. Her paint job was the equivalent of someone painting with bleach, just in black. I have no words for the "tree"/coat rack?/sculpture? thing wedged in there, how utterly bizarre to stick it against the wall and right next to and partially in front of the invisible couch and 2 bold paintings. I'm thinking now that maybe she keeps giving Teresa G screen time because she's a bit jealous of her taste level (AHHHHHH!).

It would have been nice to see her kitchen, although now I wonder if it's even a functional kitchen or just black walls with some outdated cabinetry and a crock pot on a small table next to a wall? I'm officially giving this too much thought. It's rare for an interior to provoke such strong feelings in me. Well, hopefully she'll have something funny to say tomorrow that will wash away that house tour. Whichever network shows Nightline should have saved that for a late October airing!

All I saw was the Huffington Post link above that shows one room. Her entire house is like that?! I thought she just did that shit in that one room. I figured she probably has a big house so why not go crazy in one of the rooms.

I love purple. When we became empty nesters I got the master bath all to myself. I painted the walls purple, got lavender and purple towels, rugs, everything, it's probably only to my taste but so what, it's my room.

I understand going crazy and doing a room the way you want but never the whole house. I know it's her house, her choice and her money but wow, that shit is ugly.

Is there another link I'm missing?

Thanks for the links guys! The old Seinfeld "Yama Hama, it's fright night!" jumps to mind re Wendy's house. I'm speechless... mostly. There's something so freaking weird about all that's wrong with her decorating sense, like it's beyond texture, pattern, color, materials and taste, and actually also a problem with considering 3 dimensions. She has all of this furniture, art and stuff lined up in a row and everything was the same height for the most part; it was really strange, like a finger paint camouflage or something. I'd like to give her credit for doing her own thing, but sometimes you need to know your own strengths and I swear I couldn't even locate the furniture in several of the rooms shown! And black walls are not a neutral. There are even many black paints you can create that are bold but they must have an underlying color of some sort. Her paint job was the equivalent of someone painting with bleach, just in black. I have no words for the "tree"/coat rack?/sculpture? thing wedged in there, how utterly bizarre to stick it against the wall and right next to and partially in front of the invisible couch and 2 bold paintings. I'm thinking now that maybe she keeps giving Teresa G screen time because she's a bit jealous of her taste level (AHHHHHH!).

All I saw was the Huffington Post link above that shows one room. Her entire house is like that?! I thought she just did that shit in that one room. I figured she probably has a big house so why not go crazy in one of the rooms.

I love purple. When we became empty nesters I got the master bath all to myself. I painted the walls purple, got lavender and purple towels, rugs, everything, it's probably only to my taste but so what, it's my room.

I understand going crazy and doing a room the way you want but never the whole house. I know it's her house, her choice and her money but wow, that shit is ugly.

I don't think you missed any links, I was just extrapolating based on the Nightline video of the entryway, some room with a ton of books, her woman cave, and then that "room" in the Huff Post link. Even wherever she was standing with the interviewer looked like a teenager and a toddler were left alone for 3 wks in it.

Probably like most people, I would love to have the money to really optimize my space and storage, and there are endless possibilities for those with unlimited funds. So, I find myself utterly confused at whatever she's crafted over there in NJ. As much as I want to give her props for not hiring people to tell her what to do down to the tiles, she needs some kind of a decorating intervention. And I doubt her situation has much to do with taking pride in her "design," it's just more of the control-freak/won't let anyone in/can't handle a different opinion, Wendy.

Look in the mirror, Wendy - Andy Cohen said when he was on the show that Wendy was so thin - almost shaky looking.  It's just that her gigantic boobs camouflage her weight issue.

I wish I'd caught Andy talking about Wendy, that could have been entertaining. She really is very thin herself! It's quite stunning when she's standing with the audience or walking back and forth, her breasts are the only things taking up space essentially. Lately I've really been wishing she'd wear skirts with more volume, especially when she's wearing her tiny vintage-style sweaters and tops. She looks to have very narrow hips to say the least, but things go to just.not.right. when she's sporting tiny pencil skirts and tight tops. Her wigs and breasts must make up about 30% of her weight. I feel for her on the thyroid disease front and I can see she's probably dealing facial issues due to that, but I wish she'd be a little easier on her body -- though I prefer it to Oprah's 100 declarations of her new great real self revealed!!!!!!!!!

A year or so ago she wore a very dark brown/ black wig.  It was stunning.  She told the audience not to get attached to this wig. The overwhelming positive response said they loved it, as did Suzanne and her boy producers.  She looked the best I have ever seen her.  More feminine, softer, prettier, natural and sexy.  She never wore it again. ?????   The blonde makes her look hard. 

What facial issues, meisje?  Her eyes look okay to me. 

Oh, no, Wendy didn't, did she?. Talking about Terrence Howards tiny weenie on National TV.  I know she probably thought it was ok to say  because he has been photographed (or in a movie) full frontal before, but damn.  Just when I think she's getting to soft and ass kissy about the celebs, she comes up with something like this. That's what keeps me coming back.