Type keyword(s) to search

The Wendy Williams Show - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Thought Wendy's makeup looked an inch thick on today's show.  It was so heavy her face looked dirty.  Her cheeks were so heavily shaded/highlighted they looked like two unnatural bumps on her face.   Maybe it had something to do with Jennifer Lopez being on the show today.   Her makeup artist needs to lighten up... Ugh

(edited)

I've been checking and checking for a thread to open for this show.

I agree about her makeup. She always looks like a drag queen but it was a lot worse today.

Edited by Maharincess
  • Love 1

I didn't see all of yesterday's show because Obama interrupted in the middle of the JLo interview. That said, I don't think I missed much. For some reason, Wendy is always kissing JLo's behind in hot topics pretending like she's still a hot thing in music and that she'll remain forever relevant just like Madonna when her past three albums haven't even went Gold and the newest is opening with worse numbers than Mariah's new album. I figured the interview would be the same way.

I did like seeing JLo's mother in the audience. That may be the first time I've ever seen her; JLo definitely got her face from her mom.

Regarding the drag queen talk that always seems to follow Wendy, I definitely think she looks better on this show than on others. I'm not sure quite how it's managed, because when I saw her on The View a couple of times as a guest, she looks so unflattering there.

I have to say I don't like Wendy as much as I did when I first started watching the show. I liked her better back when she took the show less seriously. I believe what might have turned me off her was around the time she went on Dancing With the Stars and/or Broadway, whichever happened first. For some reason, she acted like she knew everything that DWTS should do to save ratings, and who would go and when. The same thing happened with the Broadway stint, she started calling herself a thespian... The idea that she knows anything about Broadway because of one brief stint she probably got from her name value is extremely arrogant. The comedy act looks like it's going the same direction right now.

There's nothing wrong with her trying these things, but the fact that she acts like she's a theater person now or something is absurd. I still like that she says it like she means it, even if I rarely agree with her, but it's the arrogance that bothers me at times. That, and the fake laugh, and the mouth noise issues.

• Love 3

Yes, I guess I didn't realize she was such a j lo 'fan.'

I haven't noticed Wendy's makeup, but i think it's telling that you have to do a double/triple take when she had the actress from OITNB.  Laurrane (?) looked more feminine than Wendy.  Fact.

Yay - I missed talking about Wendy...glad to find the thread.

(edited)

Shopper Gal, I was thinking the same thing when Laverne Cox was the guest.
If I didn't know who was who and heard there was a transgender guest, I would have guessed it was Wendy.

Edited by maraleia
FYI-changed term to transgender per standards of correct terminology
  • Love 1

I don't know why I like the beginning of the Wendy show.  It just gives me giggles.  I don't like her, don't not like her, it's just some more snarky gossip that makes me giggle.  Then after the hot topics ~ I'm done.  I can't handle EVERY audience member say "whatch ya doin".  Don't get it and can't watch that part.

• Love 1

It's "how you doin"  Lablover...and I'm with you, it grates.  BIG TIME.

I just can't with Wendy.  Her Hot Topics are lukewarm at best and today she slipped and said "now I don't watch it but I pay people to...."  and then she proceeded to butcher all the facts/names/ other salient points in the story.

Kelly Pickford - from Idol...some weird American's Next Top Model/ American Idol hybrid, only in Wendy's head.

Butchering the kids names of Mariah, Phaedra from RHWoATL.  

Hollaring off stage for the name of the 'fat black man in fashion."  

I could go on.  

• Love 1

It's "how you doin"  Lablover...and I'm with you, it grates.  BIG TIME.

I just can't with Wendy.  Her Hot Topics are lukewarm at best and today she slipped and said "now I don't watch it but I pay people to...."  and then she proceeded to butcher all the facts/names/ other salient points in the story.

Kelly Pickford - from Idol...some weird American's Next Top Model/ American Idol hybrid, only in Wendy's head.

Hollaring off stage for the name of the 'fat black man in fashion."  

I could go on.  

Oh yes, you are right!  How did I get that wrong!  I hate that ~ "how you doin"  And now that I think about it, she does say that she doesn't watch.   And why the heck does she need to cover her mouth with her cards and move closer to the guest.  What's she saying?  Sorry, I'm so embarrassed?  

I did enjoy her telling Felony Teresa Guidice that she needs to get off reality TV.  

why the heck does she need to cover her mouth with her cards and move closer to the guest.

Because she's an idiot ... she doesn't want us to 'read her lips' while she schmoozes privately with the guest.

This is what makes me laugh about Wendy talking so seriously about everything. There's a lot of things about Wendy that bother me just because they could easily be fixed by preparing for a minute or two (or having them written on a card if she finds them hard to remember). Getting names and small facts wrong or making up words like "nepotize" and "romantical" is one thing, but getting the whole story wrong is another.

I usually tune out after Hot Topics, but I know I especially can't watch when she has cooks on because she's always interrupting them with, "We only have 2 minutes!" and, "Hurry! Hurry!" Why couldn't she have told them this before the show comes back from commercial? Jeez.

• Love 1
(edited)

Today she thanked Lifetime for watching her stupid "hot topics" and taking her idea to make an Aliyah movie. She's an idiot. Does she really think that Lifetime got the idea from her stupid show?!

She's got to be the most insecure person I've ever seen. The way she talks about relationships is just insane to me.

Men can't have any female friends, can't visit her friends if she's not there too etc etc. If you're secure in your relationship, that shit wouldn't matter. I point out good looking women to my husband all time. Shit, I even bought him a lap dance.

She's so insecure about her marriage.

Edited by Maharincess
  • Love 2
There's a lot of things about Wendy that bother me just because they could easily be fixed by preparing for a minute or two (or having them written on a card if she finds them hard to remember). Getting names and small facts wrong

This.  So many times over.  I blame her shitty staff.  That's their job.  If she gave two fucks about  a quality product she'd fire 'em and get competent staff.  

Ok I took her Aaliyah story differently.  She knows that Lifetime wasn't listening to her, but she was speaking as the viewer in that case.  Her talk about the marriage certificate and riding around in the limo watching the tapes brought me back....man how I miss her radio days when she had good dirt, good guests and 'edgy' content.  I wasn't even in one of her markets for a majority of her popularity, but that show was really on fire....not this lukewarm stuff she's peddling now.  

I still DVR religiously and promptly delete after watching the (lame) hot topics.  

• Love 1
(edited)

Hey LabLover!  Glad to see my fellow So-Cal Real Housewife watcher also watches this crappy talk show with me!  Like you, I turn off the show after the first 20 minutes.  A few times I've been tricked into watching her hot topics roundtable, but it's always got Jane Velez Mitchell, who is such a screaming idiot that I can't even.  Who is this woman and why is she on TV?  She has nothing intelligent to say and just wants to trumpet the fact that she's a lesbian in recovery all the time.  And her nose job is distracting.

I recognize all of the flaws y'all brought up, but I just love Wendy.  She just reminds me of my mother in law so much, sitting down with you, talking about all of the latest juicy gossip, interrupting sometimes with a random non sequitur... I do find her charming, in her own way.  

Edited by DrivingSideways
  • Love 2

So do I. IMO, Shia Le Boeuf is just a batshit crazy douchebag whose talent-what little there actually is of it-is far exceeded by his douchery. He's like the White Kanye.

As for Wendy's claim that she doesn't know why she likes him, it's called "bad taste," dear-something you're very familiar with.

• Love 3
(edited)

Everytime Wendy says she thinks Shia LaBeouf is 'HOT' (which she does frequently), I roll my eyes and throw up.

When I first heard her saying that I laughed so hard. I thought she was joking. He is not only crazy but dirty looking and not dirty in a good way.

Wendy's show makes me laugh. I almost always only watch hot topics. I can't watch Wendy interview people, it hurts. The show is a mess but I enjoy it.

I almost forgot, the best laugh I have had while watching was, Wendy saying nepotize over and over lol.

Edited by imjagain
(edited)

Yet another tacky thing Wendy did was slut-shame Rihanna. On Wednesday's show, Wendy said that Rihanna wasn't the girlfriend type and that guys should do her but take penicillin afterwards. George Clooney (whom I heart) has done way more playing around than RiRi, but IIRC, Wendy has never said anything like that about him. IMO, Wendy's a stupid, hypocritical, trashy and tasteless bitch who wouldn't know class if it fucked her.

Edited by DollEyes

I couldn't agree with you more.  I didn't even understand her logic.  Yes, Rihanna is and can be very sexual in her music and photo shoots but she certainly doesn't have the reputation of being someone who goes from man to man.  She actually seems to be more relationship oriented.  She is never seen dating a man whom she isn't in a relationship with. 

This goes back to Wendy saying how "Black and White" she is, and how she is working on seeing things as "gray".  A person like her couldn't fathom that someone as sexual as Rihanna couldn't be a good girlfriend, and just naturally is promiscuous.

The latest thing that turned me off was her conversation about Kendra and Hank.  She basically shamed Kendra for staying in her marriage to Hank because she "thinks" that Kendra is staying for her kids (which has yet to be confirmed).  Considering Wendy has dealt with a cheating husband that she chose to stay with I found her tone and approach to shaming Kendra really hypocritical.

Also her comment about "Now is Hank going to come out of the closet"?  My understanding is that Ava the woman that Hank slept with is biologically a woman, so why is she questioning whether Hank is now gay.  For someone who prides herself on her Hot Topics, she can be incredibly uninformed. 

• Love 1

Wendy has said on her show that she has a hot topics team and a hot topics meeting every morning. And she still can't get her stories straight. Wendy is one lucky lady to have gotten this far in her career.  

• Love 1

Another thing that Wendy said that pissed me off was her calling LoLo Jones "a freak" just because she's a virgin at 32. Guess Wendy's never even heard of The 40-Year-Old Virgin, much less seen it. I'm no LoLo Jones fan by any means, but dissing someone just because they choose to wait to have sex before marriage is tacky on Wendy's part, but then again, what isn't?

• Love 1

Yeah but the point of 40 year old virgin was that he was a huge loser and immature.  I'm with Wendy.  I think it's unhealthy to not have sex and her virginity probably has more to do with self esteem issues or extremely out dated notions that sex is somehow dirty or wrong.  She's missing out on a lot of fun and hurting her chances of developing a meaningful relationship.

Wendy's killing it in the ratings though.

• Love 3

I respectfully disagree. For one thing, the main reason why protagonist of The 40-Year-Old Virgin had had such bad luck with sex was that he didn't love any of the women he tried to sleep with, so he held out for true love instead. It takes much more than sex to make a relationship meaningful. I agree that sex when done right is healthy and beautiful, but choosing not to have it doesn't make a person "bad" or a "freak." Having sex for the wrong reasons can be just as bad or worse than abstaining for them.  As for Wendy's ratings, like I always say, "Just because a billion people go to McDonalds, that doesn't make the food gourmet."

• Love 2

How You Doin?! Watch Wendy everyday and  love her. I think she's a lot like Oprah in that she asks questions that I'm thinking. When she talks about cooking or going to the supermarket, I believe her. She's entertaining- consistently. You either like her or hate her, she's polarizing to some, but I  admire what she has achieved. As for  Lolo Jones, It's her choice, her sexuality; but  I don't understand why she thought it was anyones business. I just think some things should be private and talking about it opens you up to criticism or speculation. Anyhoo, I'm with Wendy-freaky!

• Love 2

I love that Wendy is back! I missed her crazy show. Wendy makes me laugh, yeah sometimes I'm laughing at her and other times with her. I don't always agree with Wendy, but the show is fun.

As for Lolo Jones, what ever she wants to do is cool with me. My question is, why do I know she is a 32 year old virgin?

As Patrizio said sharing things like this opens you up to be critized. If Lolo is fine with her decision to share such a personal thing, I hope she is fine with people talking and speculation about her. Yeah it's not nice, but not everyone is. I just don't understand why she talks about it. I also never understood why I knew Brittany or Jessica Simpson were "virgins".

Having sex doesn't automatically make you a bad person, just like not having sex does not automatically make you a good person.

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 3

What was Wendy ranting about Tavis Smiley - saying he says he got booted from DWTS because he had to go to book signings and she was going on and on about how easy and carefree book signings are and implying "Tavis - what's the problem and why are you using that as an excuse" 

Is Wendy really that stupid or is it just an act???.  Doesn't she know that going to book signings takes you AWAY FROM PRACTICE TIME and consequently some folks don't do as well without a LOT of practice.  Duhhhhhhhhhhhh.    Her brain must be getting suffocated by her wigs. 

Edited by Fishy

I'm back...attempted to type how you doing but my iPad had other ideas.

Glad Wendy's back. I talked a lot of shit up thread. Some of it I forgot and I was refreshing myself before posting. That being said, I missed this show. It's my escape. I get home from work and it is mindless crap I can put on as background noise.

I didn't hear/pay attention to her thoughts on Tavis Smiley but to agree with her assessment that he seems way older then 50. I think that's what she said....we've established I don't pay attention. Tavis lost me with his fucked up anagrams he did during th dwts interview that first week. It was straight up Gary Busy style nonsense. Ok, I admit he made more sense the Gary but DWTS was not time to try and get deep.

Finally I attempted to watch The Real. Thinking between that show and Wendy I could have a full hour with all the ffw I do. Well....that show makes Wendy look like Actor's Studio.

• Love 2

I'm with Wendy on Tavis using the book tour as an excuse for why he got the boot. I'm not buying it. I saw him dance and watching him was as exciting as watching white paint dry. He was stiff, boring and looked like he was going through the motions. The guy was awful and I seriously doubt it was because he was pulled away from dance practice. The racecar driver is just as bad and I think he'll be next (and I don't think he is on a book tour)

And get this, Tavis is now blaming the producers!

Producers shouldn't sign up people who can't commit the time when they are told up front that the person is going to be on a book tour. We gave them the entire book-tour schedule in advance!"
Read more at http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/tavis-smiley-dancing-with-stars-producers-shouldnt-have-signed-me-up-i-asked-compete-in-spring-16835.php#WbAhy0Eg0oIUEIWi.99

Yep. Shame on the producers for twisting his arm and making him sign up despite him being on a book tour. I'm sure he'd have danced like Michael Jackson were it not for the stupid producers!

Buh bye, Tavis. Good riddance. And thanks for reinforcing my feelings of why I don't like you.

As for Wendy show today, am I the only one who fell in love with Lenny Kravitz??? OMG, that guy is smooth and sexy and seems to have a great head on his shoulders and a good sense of humor. He has a great relationship with his daughter and even said if she were not his he'd love her just the same. And he's single...damn. That guy is 50?

/swooning while fanning my face

• Love 3

As for Wendy show today, am I the only one who fell in love with Lenny Kravitz??? OMG, that guy is smooth and sexy and seems to have a great head on his shoulders and a good sense of humor. He has a great relationship with his daughter and even said if she were not his he'd love her just the same. And he's single...damn. That guy is 50?

/swooning while fanning my face

Yes!!! Hot as hell! He had me when he said that in his family they take care of their elder relatives, nobody is sent to assisted living or retirement homes. What a man. Just a little trivia: Lenny's mom was the actress who played the neighbor on The Jeffersons that was married to the white guy.  I might be showing my age here, lol. Maybe some of you never even heard of The Jeffersons! Anyway, Lenny's mom died of cancer. I remember Lenny was hearbroken.   

• Love 3

Yes!!! Hot as hell! He had me when he said that in his family they take care of their elder relatives, nobody is sent to assisted living or retirement homes.

I KNOW, RIGHT?!?!

And how he lives in a little trailer when he's in the Bahamas and in a nice home in Paris.I even liked how he answered regarding Kanye (who I can't stand) . Lenny was so grateful and thankful.

OH OH OH and how he know who Carrie went to live with when she went to France (Sex and the City). Adorbs.

He came off like he is so humble, not arrogant or snooty, just down to earth.

And man oh man oh man did he. look. good!

Just a little trivia: Lenny's mom was the actress who played the neighbor on The Jeffersons that was married to the white guy.  I might be showing my age here, lol.

Nope never heard of it. Not at all. Eh well we movin on up....to the Eastside...to a DE lux apartment...in the skyyiyiyi.

Watched The Jeffersons when I was coming up and yep I remember Helen (Roxy Roker). And you know who her cousin is, right?

Yep. Al Roker. Sad about his mom dying of cancer. Based on what he said, you really get a sense that he's a family man. I love that.

I'm not to familiar with Lenny or his career. I do remember the uproar when he and Lisa started dating  (loved how he recounted all that - man the guy is really up on things) And he was just so calm and smooth and...sigh. Can you tell I have a new celeb boyfriend in my head????

(hey, he did say he was ready for a relationship, so I had to answer the call)

;-)

Edited by Stacee
  • Love 3

Wendy's interview with Jordin Sparks was uncomfortable. Yes, ask a few questions about the break up , then  move on. Wendy kept pressing her with questions that were really none of her business, like if Jason Derulo lived with her when they were together and if it was true that he cheated on her. Considering the break up was really fresh, Jordin handled it like a pro. 

• Love 2

Wendy we know you tape Friday's show on Thursday so don't insult our intelligence by saying you don't want to comment on Theresa's sentencing because you want an expert to break it down for us on Monday. Since when do you have a problem breaking down situations that you have no expertise in- that's what you do- own it. 

• Love 4

Just when it seems like Wendy couldn't get any dumber or tackier, she does. For one thing, she claimed re Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis' newborn daughter that girl babies steal beautiful female stars' looks. I think that Beyonce', Angelina Jolie, Halle berry, Jessica Alba, Kerry Washington and Jennifer Lopez, among others, would strongly disagree. Then there's Wendy's vocabulary. She comes up with words that I have never heard of, such as "gaggilation," "cheatation," "shoutation," and her term for biracial Black people is "light black." It's a wonder she graduated high school let alone college. Then there's Wendy's disapproval of the relationship between Sofia Vergara and Joe Mangianello because they're actors, but she hopes/believes that J.Lo and her ex-husband Marc Anthony will reunite, conveniently forgetting that they're actors too. On the guest front, kudos to Jordin Sparks for taking the high road and not trashing her ex Jason Derulo. She spilled some of the tea, but not the kind that Wendy wanted. Then there's Lenny Kravita, whom I've found hot since "Let Love Rule" and he's still fine after all these years. Not even Wendy can ruin his hotness.

I think [Wendy] is a lot like Oprah in that she asks questions that I'm thinking.

I respectfully disagree. Wendy may be a philanthropic Black woman in broadcasting like Oprah, but the similarities definitely end there. IMO Oprah has three things that Wendy doesn't: brains, style and class. Wendy may ask some of the same questions that Oprah does, but the way she asks them is cringe-worthy, to say the least, like when she tried to get all up in Jordin Sparks' business, but she wouldn't take the bait. There hasn't been one iconic moment on Wendy's show like Oprah's car giveaway, Tom Cruise's couch-jumping or her putting James Frey on blast for lying about his so-called "non-fiction" book. On the acting front, Oprah was nominated for an Academy Award for her screen debut in The Color Purple, but if her roles in the Think Like A Man movies are any indication, I don't see any Oscars in Wendy's future. To paraphrase the late Senator Lloyd Benson, "I 'know' Oprah. I watched Oprah. You, Wendy, are no Oprah."

• Love 1

There hasn't been one iconic moment on Wendy's show like Oprah's car giveaway, 

You mean those $2 plastic diva fans she gives away to her audience members for best dressed of the day or whatever she calls it don't count?

• Love 1

Personally, it cracks me up when Wendy says stuff like 'hackilation', she's just making up silly words.  And I kind of felt bad for Jordin Sparks as well, until I remembered she wasn't required to come on this show.  It was obvious people were going to talk about Jason Derulo, and Jordin threw plenty of shade.  I think she enjoyed Wendy asking the questions that hinted at Jason being an asshole.  I've always assumed Jason Derulo was closeted so this breakup isn't so shocking to me.

Speaking of closeted, I absolutely die at the faces Wendy makes at the camera when discussing Tyler Perry's purported heterosexuality.  Sing it, girl.  How you doin, Tyler?

Edited by DrivingSideways
  • Love 3

Me too DrivingSideways. Loved Tasha whatever going there about Tyler. How you doin indeed.

Yes, Tasha Smith cracked me up. You would think she would not want to even entertain the conversation, considering Tyler is her boss.

She kept saying "I just thought he was asexual!" Lol. And of course that gave Wendy another opening to do her little faces.

• Love 2

I let it slide the first time Wendy said she liked the Manzo show thinking she was having some kind of moment. Today when she raved about that 'reality" show again where grown ass men move back with mom and dad and think they are charming I may have to take her off my DVR, We all have our limits and Carolyn Manzo is the line in the sand for me.

• Love 4

Wendy has got to be the most insecure woman I've ever seen.

Today she said that Jennifer Garner should be mad because Jennifer Lopez posted a picture while watching Ben Affleck's new movie.

What?!

She says a married woman shouldn't have male friends and vice versa. She said that when you break up with somebody, nobody in your family should ever have contact with that person again. Even if they were friends first.

My son is 29 and has been living with his girlfriend for 6 years, I'm still super close to his first girlfriend. He's still friends with her too and his girlfriend is fine with it.

If you're secure in your relationship, that stuff wouldn't matter. I know her husband cheated on her but the way she acts, I'd bet he did it more than once.

I'll never understand staying in a relationship where you're always jealous.

• Love 3

Wendy also thinks women shouldn't sleep naked next to their boyfriends because he might photograph them and that EVERYONE needs a witness in surgery to stop the doctor from photographing them. She lives in a very dark and paranoid world.

• Love 2

I keep Wendy on my DVR for awhile, then tire of her and take a break.  I am on a break now.  I usually only watch the Hot Topics and the guest only  if I am interested in them.  

How did I get hooked on this show?  I'm with wings707, I only watch hot topics.  You know what's so embarrassing?  My fifteen year old daughter watches it when she walks in the door to eat after school.  She only watches the hot topics too.  I also find myself staring at her face a lot.  And what is that ~ a mint she always is unwrapping? 

I like how the audience has fun.  Oooooooh, awwwwww, oooooooooooooooooohh, awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.    Cracks me up.

Disclaimer.....it's only been two weeks.......

Edited by Lablover27
  • Love 3

How did I get hooked on this show? I'm with wings707, I only watch hot topics. You know what's so embarrassing? My fifteen year old daughter watches it when she walks in the door to eat after school. She only watches the hot topics too. I also find myself staring at her face a lot. And what is that ~ a mint she always is unwrapping?

I like how the audience has fun. Oooooooh, awwwwww, oooooooooooooooooohh, awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. Cracks me up.

Disclaimer.....it's only been two weeks.......

I think its a lozenge/ cough drop.

The show is a silly mess but I like it.

I like when Wendy calls Kris Jenner "that woman" lol.

The audience does seem to have fun. The reaction shots are half the fun of watching.

Edited by imjagain

I think the only reason they look like they're having fun is because that weirdo producer is standing there instructing them to.

I'll never forget the time Wendy is standing there pretending to cry because the audience won't stop cheering for her. She was making hand motions for them to stop clapping because she was just so emotional.

In the background you can see the producer frantically waving for them to keep cheering.

Its fake bullshit.

Yeah, she calls the Kardashian mom "that woman" but she kissed their asses when they were on the show.

Edited by Maharincess
  • Love 1