Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E13: Hold Your Piece

Hanna is sure Jenna is to blame for a recent professional setback and is forced to bring Caleb up to speed on current events. Aria and Emily team up to investigate Sydney for more information about Jenna and her connection to A.D. Spencer grows closer to Detective Furey, while Aria struggles with her current situation with Ezra. Hanna's turn at the game is more intense than she bargained for and leads to shocking consequences.

Promo:

Still not giving a shit about Hanna's dress issue, though I did laugh at Caleb saying "That dress is really short.  You wear that, everyone is going to see your spicy tuna roll".

So that was Aria's secret twin (Cacophony Montgomery) right?  She was way too competent at the spy craft, and didn't turn all the conversations to Ezria.   I particularly enjoyed her getting physical with Sidney.  I've said for a long time that whenever someone is being cagey with them, they should resort to violence.

I feel like the writers had a big wheel in the room that they spun to figure out who the Red Herring du jour is.  "This week it's.... Sidney!"

I'm shocked, shocked! that Yvonne died.  I never saw that coming,  it was completely out of the  blue and not at all predictable as fuck.

• Love 7
(edited)

Oh joy, it’s the Rosemary’s Baby episode. Until it wasn’t and that whole plot point was dropped.

Hannah is an idiot! First, the appendix was so obvious and then the dress—hello, she’s a freaking designer! Or she’s supposed to be. Obviously not a very ingenious one.  She could have just altered the damn dress for the meeting. It just said ‘wear me.’ Didn’t say she couldn’t make alterations.   Oh and what a bitch too! It’s not Spencer’s fault she didn’t take her turn.

Speaking of Spencer, it would be really refreshing if she'd just fall in love with the cop who is smitten with her (and he'd turn out to truly be a good guy) instead of being Toby’s consolation prize? Really wish MK would quite shoving this high school soul mate crap down our throats.

I wonder if someone will clue Aria in on how to interview a baker... Duh, taste some of their samples and check resume/references like you would for any other job. You'd think after spending hours with Holden the chef she'd know the answer to that. 

Edited by Peanut6711
  • Love 2

Alison free! That made it great, still annoying though Emily still is obsessed with making excuses for her. Where ever she is, she's probably up to no good.

So a morning lesson from Caleb and Aria's a hacking wizard? 

Aww poor Toby, obvious they weren't going to let him make it to his honeymoon destinations he was talking about. 

• Love 1

Well, I knew if Toby/Spencer are endgame, then Yvonne had to die. Toby was thisclose in being free from this town! So close, yet so far away! Sorry, Toby! I was rooting for you to escape! You were starting to be the only smart one in this town!

These people are still dumb. Except Aria was actually useful. Too bad Marlene King hasn't figured out how important Aria is without Ezra buzzing around her. 

I wanted Mona. I didn't get Mona. What a waste. Hanna's plot is still not interesting. We're a mere seven episodes away from finishing, and we're wasting time on pointless plots. They should be wrapping up this story, not throwing random filler crap into it. I don't care about Sidney or Hanna's fashion line or random teenagers. I care about any of this making a lick of sense. I'm interested in seeing the stakes being raised. These stakes feel just about the same, if not weaker, than all the other stakes they had. They could have made this board game concept fun. I'm just utterly bored by it.

They also spun the wheel on who would be in danger this week. And hey! It's not a Liar or Jenna/Toby!  

• Love 3

Actually loved this episode. 

It was the one episode of the season when Aria rocks. That's always a good one. They've done a good job the past few episodes in redeeming Caleb. Supporting of Hanna's career, helping the girls out, making up with Spencer. I wish they had made Spencer and Caleb just friends with benefits (Obviously I understand playing with that chemistry)..

Hoping there is a lack of conflict for the season, the girls are better together. But I liked that they finally seemed to act useful. 

• Love 2
(edited)

Another boring episode. Seemed like a lot of filler for a show in the home stretch. Do we really need to waste time on Spencer playing ping pong? 

I liked Yvonne. Sad she had to be sacrificed to the Spoby gods. 

Aria manhandling Sidney was kind of hilarious. 

1 hour ago, Artsda said:

Alison free! That made it great, still annoying though Emily still is obsessed with making excuses for her. Where ever she is, she's probably up to no good.

I wouldn't read too much into Alison's absence. Sasha never appears in every episode of a season, I think it might be a contract thing, so it was her turn to be "out of town" this week. I did wonder if Hanna conveniently mentioning that her name is still legally Alison Rollins means that we'll finally get the rest of that fast-forward scene we saw in season 6 where the girls confront Alison in her classroom as she's writing Mrs. Rollins on the board. 

Edited by SadieT
  • Love 3

I knew this would be terrible when the bored game was all it's Hannas turn to watch the crying baby cell phone. 

Also Emily made it sound like Ali being out of town was due to her pregnancy that only she knows about, what pregnancy thing could she be doing out of town? 

Just now, WhosThatGirl said:

Also Emily made it sound like Ali being out of town was due to her pregnancy that only she knows about, what pregnancy thing could she be doing out of town? 

Having an abortion? Obviously that's not happening though and if it were, I'd assume Emily would go with her. There's really no reason for her to be "out of town" but they already used the class trip excuse to explain Alison missing an episode in 7A. 

13 minutes ago, SadieT said:

Having an abortion? Obviously that's not happening though and if it were, I'd assume Emily would go with her. There's really no reason for her to be "out of town" but they already used the class trip excuse to explain Alison missing an episode in 7A. 

That's what I was wondering. Ali's not having an abortion, because we still haven't found out the baby she's carrying is Emilys!!! Oh come on. Everyone knows that is where this stories going.

• Love 1

Better than last week, but only marginally.

Alison not being around made everything 200% better. I know that Sasha is never in every episode but I still find it suspicious that the first time Ali's "out of town" is when A.D. really ramps up the game beyond a few stupid text messages.

What a waste of time with Sydney. Why couldn't we at least have found out who the mysterious fourth person was at the meeting between her, Mona, and Jenna?

Aria was fantastic...and shady as all hell. Caleb taught her how to hack an entire phone that morning? I call bull on that one. Don't get me wrong, I'll take this Aria any day over Ezra Ezra Ezra any day, but she seemed kind of...out of character in this one.

The doll was disgusting, but I was disappointed that Hanna wasn't cutting into a real body. Once again this show really knows how to mislead us in the worst way possible.

And finally...Nate, Shana, Maya, and now Yvonne. Does Marlene not see how problematic this all this?! I was actually kind of enjoying this episode right up until Yvonne's death. That is appalling.

• Love 7

She's probably getting amniocentesis ... for reasons... Maybe she's experiencing some complications due to bloodtype mismatch or something.  "What  do you mean, the baby is B-?  Elliot and I are both A+!"  Then the game pops up with Alison's turn of "guess your baby daddy AND your baby momma!" Dun dun DUN!

• Love 2

This is all soooo boring, & I realized I have forgotten what AD stands for, can anybody help me out, or have you all forgotten too?

After 6 seasons of her entire plot being her love life, Aria is suddenly a computer genius & a bruiser? Hello A?

They killed off Toby’s brand new wife????? How are they going to get him back with Spencer after that?

I bet that finger is Ezra’s which makes me think Aria is A even more. Pay back for choosing Nicole.

• Love 4

I post a lot of snark.  Here and on the old TWOP boards.  But at the same time, i also give credit where it's due.  

Probably the actor i've harped on the most over the years has been Keegan Allen.  Throughout the show's run, boy just could not act - whether it was hollow-eyed freak Toby, sexed-up love interest Toby, red herring A Toby, hairstyle of the week Toby.  Pretty Eyes could bring the pretty but thar's all he brought to the table.  But tonight, he did an outstanding job during his end scene wordlessly expressing Yvonne's death.  Well done.

Which just goes to show anything really can happen in these final episodes.

On a different note, i didn't mind seeing Sydney again at all.  Quite frankly i would have disappointed if we didn't.  This show has a large numbers of open plotthreads, unresolved questions/mysteries, etc.  As one of the people who's been supposedly closest to Jenna i want her there to provide some closure.

Now if they can just please find a way to tie in (or at least mention) The NAT Club to the ending i'll be happy.  NAT was the original "watchers" and they need to play some kind of part in all this.

• Love 5

I also like seeing the return of all of our old evil doers. At the same time this show is still incredibly snark worthy.

And yes Keegan was really good tonight but Toby has been kind of awesome these last couple episodes. I'm kind of sad that obviously this is leading him back into then Vortext of crazy when he almost had a chance to escape with his new normal fiancée/wife. But alas I wasn't naive to think Sopby wasn't endgame, because moving on from a person you dated in high school is not a choice when your show started as a teen drama. If you need references see every high school drama show.. ever. Most of them end up with their first true love that happened when they were 16. 

• Love 3
(edited)

What's happening? Who are half of these people? Why are they playing a board game? Why... how is the board game invincible? Why does the level of stupid rise with every new episode? Why is there still so much filler, so many red herrings and so many mcguffins in the final few episodes? Do I actually care anymore, or have I lost all interest? I wish I had caught up before watching this, because the many, many nonsensical branches of the plot have been pushed out of my head during the intervening period between the first half of this season and now.  

With regard to who can and cannot act... there is only one actor in the main cast who achieves both of the following: 1) having anything to work with in terms of the script; and, 2) having the ability to deliver the lines with some range, subtlety and nuance... Troian Bellisario. The rest of the cast range from "very mediocre" to "possibly decent actors if they had MUCH better material to work with". 

Also there were incredible moments of cringe involving Aria and her strangely (or perhaps not so strADngely) morphing character in this episode. 

Edited by Chinspinner
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, GaT said:

This is all soooo boring, & I realized I have forgotten what AD stands for, can anybody help me out, or have you all forgotten too?

They killed off Toby’s brand new wife????? How are they going to get him back with Spencer after that?

Last night AD stood for anonymous donor. 

I'm sure at some point over the next few episodes Toby and Spencer will bond again and Toby will realize Spenc was his true love after all. Remember he really built the house for her.  The writing is on the wall. 

Once all the press about Hanna's dress hit, Mona and Katie should have been calling Hanna non-stop, yet we got...nothing. I mean, seriously, Mona would not take this lying down. Unless Katie is extremely laidback, I can't imagine she likes the bad press of being photographed in a "stolen" dress. I know a little about intellectual property laws when it comes to universities (anything that you create or any idea that you even think of while you are there, regardless of whether you wait until after you no longer work there to make it, belongs to them), but not in the context of the fashion world. Hanna created the original dress while she was working for Claudia, so does that mean it's Claudia's just point blank? Or is it Claudia's because she suggested changes which Hanna then incorporated? Either way, I DON'T CARE. And really, all of this stolen dress crap could have been avoided if Hanna had just told Katie the truth in the first place ("I made that dress when I was working for another designer so I don't own the rights to the design. Mona pulled it from my closet without telling me. I never would have presented it to you because of the ownership issues. I have lots of other pieces that were designed free and clear after I left the designer's company so let's look at those.")

All I could think when Hanna was playing Operation with her doll was that I hope she threw that chef's knife and tongs in the trash afterward. Whether that was fake or real blood, you never need to use those kitchen utensils again. They're tainted with AD's evil and cooties.

Interesting that Toby the non-doctor was allowed to administer tests to Yvonne. I guess since he was allowed to join the police force, the hospital was like oh, okay, you can be a doctor too!

Fury is an idiot. He finally got Spencer to stop moping for a minute and the first thing he did was mention several of the many crimes she's been involved in. Ha, but of course she went to horseback riding camp for five years.

So was Aria knowing how to bluesnarf supposed to make us think that she's been AD all along? Or is Fury AD because Gloriana was someone who the PLLs killed?

I don't really care one way or another about Yvonne. but of course she had to die so that Spencer and Toby can reunite before the show ends, right? Heh, and anyone who chooses the city over the beach for a honeymoon destination has already lost my interest. So long, Yvonne!

Caleb is braver than I am. I was expecting him to get electrocuted when he was poking around the game so I was surprised that it took so long for him to get gassed. But why are the writers giving him such terrible lines. "I thought I was picking up on some vibes"? That combined with the cheesy shot of Yvonne dropping her bouquet made me feel like the show is just giving up.

I forgot about what a bad actress Sydney is. What the hell was with the GPS tracker that Aria dropped in her bag? When the girls were at the hospital, Emily got an alert that said Sydney was "on the move" (more bad writing), so I'm supposed to believe that from the time they confronted her until now, Sydney was just sitting in one spot for hours?

I just rolled my eyes when Spencer told Hannah, "It's been a long rough day for all of us." Yeah, your day of playing ping pong and smooching your new boyfriend was just as stressful as Hanna getting a life sized doll of herself, cutting it open, being told she had to wear a dress that would offend her investors, and then finding out that her boyfriend was in the hospital.

9 hours ago, SadieT said:

I did wonder if Hanna conveniently mentioning that her name is still legally Alison Rollins means that we'll finally get the rest of that fast-forward scene we saw in season 6 where the girls confront Alison in her classroom as she's writing Mrs. Rollins on the board. 

MK mentioned after 7A that we would finally see that scene in 7B so it's coming. I have conflicting feelings about it. On the one hand, it's about freaking time. They need to show it for the sake of continuity. On the other hand, I just don't care anymore.

9 hours ago, WhosThatGirl said:

Emily didn't say anything about Ali's pregnancy. If anything, she went out of her way to lie to the other girls about where Alison was. She said, "There's a lot of paperwork when you're trying to unmarry your dead identify thief husband."

• Love 5
(edited)

So the finger was Rawlins as revenge for Hanna not playing the game? Yawn.  Did Mona orchestrate the whole dress debacle? Is Holden the new 'baker'? Was that Sabrina's job title? Ezra and his baked goods!

*Lucas & Sydney are creepy I suppose (their voices anyway), but I don't care. How bad was the recording of Sydney in the blind clinic? More unnatural than her lips.

*Yvonne finally fridged. Why not just have her die in the accident?

*Ping pong? At least they acknowledged she was recently shot. Was that an attempt at Furey character development? He was chubby? What's the point? I still can't figure out that drawing. It didn't look 50 years old.

*Spicy tuna roll - ick!

*Still don't like Caleb.  Was happy he got sprayed in the eyes. He deserved it.

*Tech stuff laughable, but I like seeing Aria and Emily sleuth. Wish Aria was always like that. Plus she had dangly earrings. She has killed someone and needs to be more bad ass.

*Ezra   (Ezera) was mentioned too much. If he's not in an episode let us enjoy it by not thinking about him.

*I vaguely remember Hanna used to be my favourite character. That is not possible, right? All she seems to do is whine and shake her head while she talks. Emily does the headshake too.  Drives me bonkers.

*Are high waisted jeans back in fashion?

*I sorta liked the operation. More of that please.

*Namaste Bitch!

Edited by insubordination
  • Love 4
10 minutes ago, insubordination said:

Sadly, same here. He really did used to be my favourite Non-Liar until the time jump happened. His scene with Spencer this episode made me cringe because I could see the chemistry between them and why the show might have wanted to try it out, but it just felt icky. Caleb's just on my shit list and I don't think that'll ever change. I now hate Hanna and Caleb together, and they used to be my favourite couple. So, once again, thanks show. 

I now don't know why Hanna used to be my favourite character. She now bugs me more than anyone, even Emily and Aria (and I am none too pleased with Emily right now). Hanna's only good when she's around Mona for me. All other times, she's either super judgy, or getting in trouble by her own accord, not even by AD's. 

• Love 6
44 minutes ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

So was Aria knowing how to bluesnarf supposed to make us think that she's been AD all along?

No, I think it was just supposed to remind us how useful she can be when Ezra is not around. She would probably be the next Steve Jobs or Bill Gates by now if she had never met Ezra.

• Love 4
(edited)
1 hour ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Once all the press about Hanna's dress hit, Mona and Katie should have been calling Hanna non-stop, yet we got...nothing. I mean, seriously, Mona would not take this lying down. Unless Katie is extremely laidback, I can't imagine she likes the bad press of being photographed in a "stolen" dress. I know a little about intellectual property laws when it comes to universities (anything that you create or any idea that you even think of while you are there, regardless of whether you wait until after you no longer work there to make it, belongs to them), but not in the context of the fashion world. Hanna created the original dress while she was working for Claudia, so does that mean it's Claudia's just point blank? Or is it Claudia's because she suggested changes which Hanna then incorporated? Either way, I DON'T CARE. And really, all of this stolen dress crap could have been avoided if Hanna had just told Katie the truth in the first place ("I made that dress when I was working for another designer so I don't own the rights to the design. Mona pulled it from my closet without telling me. I never would have presented it to you because of the ownership issues. I have lots of other pieces that were designed free and clear after I left the designer's company so let's look at those.")

I couldn't agree with you more!  That certainly would be the professional way to handle it and you'd think after 4 years of college and working for Claudia she'd have learned some of this, but no, Hannah is stupider and more immature than ever these days.  Same goes for Emily in the prior episode at her place of employment. It was one thing when these girls did inexperienced eye roll worthy things when they were teens, it's another when they do it in their twenties. 

1 hour ago, insubordination said:

*Spicy tuna roll - ick!

ICK is right!  As if I didn't already think of Caleb as sleazy these days, that sealed the deal on his new characterization.  It's a god thing this show is ending because there's just no way I'm going to get past the fact that he's familiar with 2 out of the 4 Liars tuna rolls.  If the show did keep going, I'm sure Spencer,Toby, Hannah, and Caleb would end up as some redo of the Hastings-Dilarentis adulterous, who's your daddy-who's your mamma mess. 

Glad Caleb got sprayed too. Though I knew he probably wouldn't, from the previews I was hoping he got electrocuted and was a gonner. 

*Yvonne finally fridged. Why not just have her die in the accident?

I pondered that too and finally settled on the fact that the show wanted to insert more angst by having her and Toby get married, share this touching but over the top foreshadowing scene discussing all the trips they'd never realistically take on Toby's cop salary even if she didn't die young all to produce a little more sympathy from viewers (like myself) who were ready for her funeral at the end of last season.  Apparently even her family isn't going to miss her since they seemed to be MIA at her bedside since coming out of the coma.

Edited by Peanut6711
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, Peanut6711 said:

Apparently even her family isn't going to miss her since they seemed to be MIA at her bedside since coming out of the coma.

They probably went on a defeat cruise (cabin down the hall from Veronica and Peter) and are also having passport issues.

• Love 5
42 minutes ago, paulvdb said:

No, I think it was just supposed to remind us how useful she can be when Ezra is not around. She would probably be the next Steve Jobs or Bill Gates by now if she had never met Ezra.

So what you're saying is she's definitely AD because she could've contributed great things to the tech world but instead built the most elaborate, magical, indestructible game ever while chasing Sydney with tech gear like Inspector Gadget?

Then I agree with you :)

The only thing surprising about this show is just how bad it can get... just when you think these writers can't get any worse, Caleb uses "spicy tuna roll" to refer his girlfriend's privates... because when you think vagina, you think fish! 

• Love 3

I genuinely think the writer's room must be hilarious: - 

"Do you think we can get away with a magical, booby-trapped, indestructible board game?" 

"haha, who cares? Just throw it in there. It's not like we have to worry about getting renewed anymore." 

"What if AD is the shark out of Jaws, dressed in human skin?" 

"I love it! Brilliant!"

• Love 7

Random Questions:

What was up with the crying baby noise at the beginning?  Just to drive Spencer nuts?

What was the Hanna doll filled with that looked like blood - food coloring?  That was so disgusting when Hanna sliced it open to retrieve the kimono dress.  

Will we ever find out how Lucas' meeting went?

Random Thoughts:

I agree with whoever said Hanna could've altered the dress or paired it with leggings so her spicy tuna roll was covered.  And then she didn't even wind up going to the meeting b/c Caleb got gassed.    

A.D thought of everything, booby trapping the game so anyone who messes with it gets hurt.  Cyberspy!Aria was funny and her roughing up Sydney was hilarious.  

I like Spencer and Det. Fury together, but of course they have to tragically kill Yvonne and have Spencer right there when Toby falls apart.  Spoby Forever! UGH

Didn't miss Ali at all in this ep.

I'll be glad when this show is over.  Sometimes I wonder why I still watch it.  

• Love 2

Caleb wants to break in to the board game... how about take it out in the drive way and back over it with your car?  I know that the excuse for not destroying the game is that alleged footage AD has of Hanna digging in Wrick Wrollin's burial plot, but that proves nothing.  I guess with the non-A tag of Marco Furey (still sounds like a porn star name but I digress) unwrapping a finger, we're supposed to assume that AD has Wrollins' corpse somewhere.  And somehow AD will be able to use it to prove that Hanna killed Wrollins. 

Sure, why not, the corpse has been decaying for weeks now but miraculously there will be forensic evidence against Hanna.  Because no one has ever tried to frame these girls with planted evidence before.

• Love 7
(edited)
1 hour ago, mac123x said:

Caleb wants to break in to the board game... how about take it out in the drive way and back over it with your car? 

LOL

I'm guessing the Liars assume AD would really lose his/her shit if they set fire to the game in the middle of the woods, right over Rollins grave. Surely AD wouldn't miss the fireworks, no doubt quite a display given all the gases loaded up in that thing, since he/she has surveillance everywhere. Even blind Jenna surely has minions to narrate the pyrotechnic beauty it would set off, complete with those little figures flying through the night sky. *cue the What a Wonderful World song* And then the final PLL credits roll!

Edited by Peanut6711
  • Love 3
(edited)

Against my better judgment, I'm still watching this show. But I can't get over Toby's girlfriend/fiance having flawless acrylics in her hospital cot. Wasn't she in a coma for two weeks? When did she have time to hit the salon?

Edited by rho
  • Love 8

I love how they waited seven season to realise Caleb hacking people's phones might be helpful. Of course they decided to target the non-entity known as Sydney and shockingly, found nothing of actual use. Colour me stunned.

Yes, Japanese businessmen would be totally outraged by a sexy blonde woman wearing a short kimono. Maybe somebody should tell Marlene not everyone whines about cultural appropriation like hipsters on tumblr. Of course, the very idea that there would be a whole bunch of businessmen eager to invest in Hanna's company is preposterous, if hilarious.

Marlene, you killed another black female character. We are all shocked... not. I usually don't believe the accusations that this or that showrunner is a racist but if I were a black woman I would stay the hell away from Rosewood. My god, what a horribly melodramatic fridging too,. Poor Yvonne deserved better. I couldn't help but laugh at her perfect make-up after weeks in coma, though.

Aria trying to scare Sydney was laughable too. Come on, Aria, you are tiny, I bet even Ezra isn't scared by you.

Spencer might as well not have been in the episode for all, she had nothing to do with what generously could be described as main plot. And really, suggesting ideas to get Yvonne out of her coma? I know her interest in medicine has been well established but you would think she would leave specialists who know Yvonne's condition in detail handle the case, this sounded so fanfic-y.

Why on earth would Jenna need Sydney or any minion take picture of Hanna's stupid dress? Obviously that charity ball was covered by the media because that's how the Liars found the picture showing Sydney there. So Jenna might have, gasp, used those pictures to accuse Hanna of stealing a design. Am I missing something or this plot is just as stupid as it seems to be?

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Jack Shaftoe said:

I love how they waited seven season to realise Caleb hacking people's phones might be helpful. Of course they decided to target the non-entity known as Sydney and shockingly, found nothing of actual use. Colour me stunned.

Yes, Japanese businessmen would be totally outraged by a se

Hopefully when PLLs run is finished I won't ever need to hear the term bluesnarfing again.

22 hours ago, mac123x said:

She's probably getting amniocentesis ... for reasons... Maybe she's experiencing some complications due to bloodtype mismatch or something.  "What  do you mean, the baby is B-?  Elliot and I are both A+!"  Then the game pops up with Alison's turn of "guess your baby daddy AND your baby momma!" Dun dun DUN!

Alison drove to Connecticut to tape a Maury Povich episode -- based on the DNA results from your amniocentesis test, you are not the mother !!!

• Love 2
(edited)

First of all, I want a "Namaste Bitch" shirt and/or bag for my yoga class ASAP.

Really, that was a decent episode. I mean, it had enough ridiculous PLL stuff in it to keep me interested at least, and no Ezra automatically adds bonus points to any episodes final score.

I like Aria when she isn't with Ezra. Yeah he was hanging over the episode like an icky cloud with stupid hair, but she at least got to do some stuff other than stress out about him and his not dead girlfriend. She even got to rough somebody up, which is hilarious because she's the tiniest Liar, but I also buy it, because Aria has some serious crazy eyes from time to time. And now enters Nicole! I'm sure she is a little rusty on social cues after being in the jungle for a few years, but I cant imagine even vaguely defined Columbian rebels thought it was ok to just sit in somebody's house in the dark, without announcing your presence. Even if she didn't know Arias history, how is that a normal thing to do? Just call!

Oh poor Yvonne, sacrificed at the altar of shippers. I knew the second she started going on about all the places she wanted to visit that she was toast. Like, oh girl, you are NOT going ice skating, not in this life. And the slow motion bouquet drop! I swear, if I ever end up in the hospital with some kind of horrible injury, I'm not going to start talking about tragic dreams or anything. I'm going to start complaining about my massive hospital bill, and all the damn emails I will have to answer when I get better. I will live forever! The acting was quite good though.

Hannah was acting like a total idiot. I knew instantly what appendix meant, and it took her and Caleb over half an episode! It was so obvious! Caleb was back to his old, helpful self this week, but its so hard to get behind him again, knowing about all the Spence drama in the background.

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, rho said:

Against my better judgment, I'm still watching this show. But I can't get over Toby's girlfriend/fiance having flawless acrylics in her hospital cot. Wasn't she in a coma for two weeks? When did she have time to hit the salon?

Because I am a paranoid person who fears being in a coma, I have already given instructions to my BFF and my sister if it ever happens to me. There is a list of tv shows, movies, and music that can be played in my room (I definitely don't want to be forced to listen to endless CNN or scary/sad movies if I can't tell people to change the channel) and they are not allowed to cut my hair shorter than my shoulders out of sheer laziness (I've seen some of the super short haircuts that some people in long term care get and as vain as it sounds, no thanks). I also said I need a mani/pedi at least once a month - nothing fancy, but just some basic maintenance. When I was younger, I saw this old lady who had super long gnarly toenails and it freaked me out. Maybe people who live in Rosewood have written instructions for all kinds of disasters (comas, kidnapping, presumed deaths, etc)? I mean, if you live in Rosewood long enough, something bad is definitely going to happen to you so you might as well plan ahead!

9 hours ago, Jack Shaftoe said:

They had him do that in the earlier seasons and then they dropped it for some reason. I don't know if the writers suddenly remembered he could still do it or if they are trying to make us nostalgic for the high school years, but it does seem weird that they weren't using this very helpful tool the whole time.

Yes, Japanese businessmen would be totally outraged by a sexy blonde woman wearing a short kimono. Maybe somebody should tell Marlene not everyone whines about cultural appropriation like hipsters on tumblr. Of course, the very idea that there would be a whole bunch of businessmen eager to invest in Hanna's company is preposterous, if hilarious.

I didn't get a very good look at the dress, but I thought that the material and the cut looked Chinese, which is why it would be offensive to Japanese investors. But hey, maybe the next assignment will require one of the girls to wear a headdress while in blackface.

2 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

First of all, I want a "Namaste Bitch" shirt and/or bag for my yoga class ASAP.

Take your pick!

• Love 5

Really missed Mona in this episode. You can just feel how much the show struggles without her presence.

I did love Aria in this episode. I'm really hoping this side of her is supposed to be another revealing clue that she is A.D.  I mean come on, you don't just learn how to hack a phone in a couple of hours unless you are a genius which the show has spent years establishing that she is not.. Unless she really is bc she is A. Also, come on the tiniest liar roughs up Sydney? She didn't even flinch or seem afraid that Sydney could over power her lol. I'm sure it's just a red herring or the writers writing Aria OOC, but a girl can dream.

I still don't give a damn about Hannah's dress.

Ew Caleb, don't call your girlfriend's lady parts a spicy tuna roll. I cringed at that line. I wonder how the actor even managed to say it without barfing or laughing.

Did we really need a Spaleb scene? It was just uncomfortable.

Wow, so shocking that Yyvone died, NOT! I really don't want Spoby. I never liked them and I actually like Spence with Fury. He's hot and not her bf from high school. There is nothing wrong with ending up with someone you dated in high school if that person is just it for you, but for all of the liars to end up with their first loves from high school is unrealistic.  The only one that didn't seem unnatural for them to stay together was Haleb, but then they did the icky Spaleb stuff. I don't understand why Marlene had to break up every single ship just to put them all back together. Why not just leave Haleb together since it was the most realistic ship? Have everyone else break up.

I'm also really gonna need some answers before this show ends. So far not one damn thing has been cleared up....

• Love 1