Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E17: Where Are They Now? Teretha & Chad

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Miss Ruth said:

Here's a novel thought.  Maybe she loves him!

Chad was always gentlemanly and considerate of his wife. He said please and thank you, he opened doors and pulled out chairs for her, he was always loving and kind. Her kids seemed to really bond with him too. I think she saw beyond his physical appearance to who he was on the inside. 

• Love 13
6 hours ago, gardendiva said:

Chad was always gentlemanly and considerate of his wife. He said please and thank you, he opened doors and pulled out chairs for her, he was always loving and kind. Her kids seemed to really bond with him too. I think she saw beyond his physical appearance to who he was on the inside. 

I can believe this. I had a friend who was divorced and in her 40's went on a blind date with a guy and her first reaction was no way. He was a science nerd and religious. She had been in a bad religious marriage before. About a month later I was surprised she said she was going on a second date. She thought about it and he was so polite, held the door, treated like a queen, and had a great job. Fast forward 2 years later they married, and they have been married 5 years. She is so happy, honeymoon in Paris, a man that cooks every night and adores her. She admitted that she is glad she didn't just go for a hot guy and has come to be okay with star trek and his other hobbies.

Chad never once said step kids , he always said his kids. he obviously loved those kids and wanted to provide for them. How many other people have gone back to work 3 months post surgery? Maybe one? I hope there is love and cuddles in their marriage that they don't want to maybe show on camera or are just private people. If there isn't some great romantic love,  is it so bad that two people love 2 kids and want the best for them and are working hard?

• Love 11

Chad is indeed the most likable client on this show. I am rooting for his ultimate success.

On the other hand, I cannot stand Teretha. She is never pleasant when Dr. Nowzardin stops in for a checkup. She's rude, lies and is a smartass. In contrast to Chad, she's destined to failure. I love people who self-diagnoses themselves. Dr. Now is clearly a highly trained surgeon with good bedside manners. "The biggest help for me is my family". You stupid fool. Were that the case, how did you end up weighing a ton. She wants to be back home because she can manipulate her family. "I want ice cream pies, lasagna in the big red box". Please let her go home and drown in her self pity, smartass, manipulative ways. And please don't bring her back even though I'll bet you she'll weigh a ton before the year is out.

Chad is a positive role model for viewers suffering from obesity. Teretha "Frankly NOT" (a play on Aretha Franklin). The other disturbing aspect of the show is that most of the health assistants are also overweight.

But go Chad, go!!!! 

• Love 5

I'm a cat lover with two beautiful babies. But I somehow didn't give much thought to not seeing their cat. Cats can be notoriously shy (except for some breeds like Abyssinians. Channing, my beautiful Abby is quite intelligent and active. Whereas, Angel, my domestic short hair is shy. But once she knows you, she's a lap cat. The minute I sit down, she leaps onto my lap. Abyssinians are extremely affectionate, but very active and rarely sits down next to me).

I never considered the legality of Chad bringing his kids on such a memorable road trip.

Most posters seem to be sympathetic to Teretha, the smartass whiner. I honestly cannot stand her. James K, Steven and Teretha are reflections of each other. Oh and is it James K.'s mother that really feeds into his worst habits. I wanna throw something at my flatscreen when one of them starts to blame Dr. Nowzardin, "who doesn't understand the pain I'm experiencing". Oh please. Keep lying to yourself and see how far that will go in resolving their battery of issues. Now Teretha blames the equipment at home. What's next Teretha, TLC doesn't film your good side?" I cannot stand her voiceovers either. She's about as the devil telling you he loves you. Clearly, I don't like the episodes with her, do I? You're right, I don't. I watched her episodes to do my best to never be a person that blames everyone but myself for the problems I've brought in on my own. Eeeech, another Teretha voiceover. Time to change the channel or turn off the boobtube.    

• Love 2

@Chopperchopperbell - I totally relate to your post.  I grew up the fat kid with three "normal" siblings.  We ate the same meals but I was overweight from the get go.  I also gravitated towards the carbs.  I know my mother felt that people were judging her for my obesity.  I became a member of Weight Watchers at age 12 and was sent to fat camp when I was 13.  My mom did nothing wrong and neither have you.  

• Love 6
(edited)

I’ve been reading Chad’s book and am really enjoying it! I’m just now up to the point where he contacts TLC for the show so I’m anxious to see where it goes from here. But it’s a fast, easy read that paints a good picture of his mindset during those early years when he kept gaining.

Kudos to the writer who worked with him to get his thoughts into a readable format. Excellent job!

Edited by JJ1
  • Love 3

One thing I noticed about Chad, which separated him from almost all the others, is that he had a sense of humor.  At the end of the first show he was showing off his new slimmer clothes in the store, and made a comment about being a "super" model, hero, something like that.  It really cracked up Ayesha, and I enjoyed that moment.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6