Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E06: Snatch Game

• Start Topic

OMG Denis O'Hare! Squee!

ETA, locas, there's previews of the Snatch Game episode around. I only saw the ew.com one and spoiler alert: don't click on the ew.com site if you want to be surprised at who's who in Snatch Game, the title and pic right at the top tells you who one of the celebs is, as does the teaser vid just below it. I cannot WAIT!

Edited by Kaboom 2.0
  • Love 1

I wish the queens wouldn't portray other queens - I think it makes it too much of an in-joke. I like it much better when they do well-known celebrities - JMHO, of course.

Having said that, I LOVED the Marlene Dietrich, and "Miss Colombia" is pretty funny, too.

ETA: Michelle Visage agrees with me about queens playing other queens, LOL!

Edited by okerry
  • Love 13

I thought everyone did a good job at Snatch Game, with the exception of Peppermint, Cynthia, and Farrah, who were all disasters. 

But I’m almost glad that Peppermint was in the bottom two, though, because her LSFYL was so damn fun. And I’m glad Cynthia is gone. It’s nothing personal; I loved that she won Miss Congeniality last year and I’m so happy she beat cancer. But as a drag queen, she does nothing for me. And I haaaaaate the exaggerated mouth movements she uses to hide when she doesn’t know lyrics — which was all the time.

Alexis’s win was deserved, but meh. I find her personality so off-putting that I just want her gone. She reminds me of Roxxxy Andrews and that’s not a good thing.

• Love 16

I have to give it to Alexis... I didnt expected her to be able to pull of the comedy cause usually queens like her totally fail on it. But she delivered. She did this week exactly what Trinity did after she also just missed winning the previous challenge: realized what she missed on the previous challenge and applied it. She kept her humor/good characterization from last week but made sure to kill it with her runway look. She also started spot on the episode saying that Cynthia´s problem is not be able to do anything other than Cynthia.

Agreed with almost everything, the top and bottom girls ... Peppermint once again showed major problems to delivery a character were she has to delivery lines.. And yes, stop with the pink clothes/skirts! Farrah saved herself with her look and probably saved us from another meh lyp sinc.., 

Also agree that do other queens is not the best choice.. You can see that Ru really wants Nina to raise her game.. She sorta of raised it from last week, but still not as good as expected from her... Actually, she shoud have just be safe, cause I think Valentina was top 3 right behind Sasha. But they decided to keep Nina there to point out her miss opportunity on the runway.

Cynthia.....they should have kept her with her miss congeniality prize. Comming back exposed her limitations even more... But, as long she things that theres is not bad exposure, fine for her, but not for the viewer.

Edited by CaioF
  • Love 5

Granted that Peppermint was definitely in the bottom bunch, but I kind of think Ru put her in the bottom two just so it would be SUPER CLEAR who won the lip sync, rather than another double-meh like last time. Also maybe to give Pep a boost via doing what she does best.

• Love 3

Peppermint really killed that lip sync.  CLF was way overdue to go home.  Her Kim K last week was awful.  She makes it painfully obvious when she doesn't know the words to the lip sync.  I have to agree with Alexis, she just knows how to play herself (CLF).  Alexis has a theatre background, and people are brutally honest when discussing talent or lack thereof.  It's not mean, just honest.  Alexis was pretty spot on with her analysis.  She also learned from last week, and upped her runway look.  Her Liza was real, not an over the top impersonation.   I never understand why queens do not have something well prepared. 

CLF wasn't even close to Sofia Vergara.  She could have had some products that Vergara does ads for as props, mention those in her responses, like the coffee would've been a perfect prop.  Coffee mug there, and go on about how I made it in my Neeenja.   Or Diet Pepsi, or covergirl makeup - throw it to the Gigi makeup chick.  Any of it would have been better than whatever she said to "Miss Colombia" (that was such a brilliant move by Valentina - not specific enough so she would get dinged for not going a good impression, but she brought the comedy big time). 

They're kind of treating Nina with kid gloves, not sure why.  Her Snatch Game was miles better than some other stuff, but I also don't like when they do other queens.  Another Alyssa Edwards??  Just say no.  What was up with the bad makeup on that one?  The Nene Leakes was weak; Nene has so many one liners.  Gigi - I was at first like is she trying to be Gigi Hadid?  Gigi was weak.

Sasha's Marlena Dietrich was great, too.  Loved her runway.  Another smart cookie.  Naomi Campbell was very good, too.  (Loved the comment "Eureka is saying I went home for this?" - I think by Shea.  I really laughed at that comment - after CLF was bombing).  Ru is really good at lobbing questions/comments for the queens to play off of and it is painful to see some so ill prepared. 

• Love 5

Farrah's Gigi was giving me Laganja as Rachel Zoe flashbacks.

There are still ways to make Gigi Gorgeous FUNNY. Turn every answer into an impromptu makeup tutorial. Say "Did you hear that? I blinked and got 10,000 likes on Instagram." Commit to her as a character!

Alexis doing Liza slayed me because my friend is a Brooklyn/LES drag queen and complained to me that drag queens north of a certain street are "sooooo Liza with a Z." But she nailed it, so good for her. Also, SHE DID BREATHLESS MAHONEY!! Be still my beating heart.

Aja as Alyssa made me realize that Violet Chachki was a stealth comic genius, and for that I feel shame.

I think Shea would have been Top 3 had she not duplicated Peppermint. Didn't quite get Michelle's criticism of "She looks more Marilyn than Madonna", since the video was an homage to Marilyn. And what were the odds of Trinity and Nina doubling on a more esoteric look?

• Love 4

As per usual, Snatch Game really shows who the real contenders are. I thought this year was unusually strong, and if it wasn't obvious from the amount of screentime I wouldn't have known who the top queens were between Alexis, Sasha, Nina, Shea, and Valentina. I'll be shocked if those queens plus Trinity aren't our final six. Also, thank GOD Michelle spoke up about queens doing past contestants. Please tell me they'll stop doing it now.

I really don't understand why we're supposed to find it annoying that several queens brought the same looks. It's not like they have any way of knowing what the other queens are going to bring, and they definitely don't have the time or materials to whip something else up last minute. It's honestly a miracle that they all brought different Lady Gaga looks.

• Love 3

There is a high bar for Liza and Alexis nailed her. Sasha was great too, but her delivery showed she wasn't as practiced a performer. It was a much stronger showing than I was expecting. Cynthia's train wreck was expected and wow did she crash and burn. Snatch game always helps me figure out who to root for. If she can turn it out for snatch game, that is a girl to root for.

• Love 2

Sasha referencing Judith Butler redeemed every previous shitty episode of this season for me. 

That being said, I think that Aja and Farrah should have both been eliminated along with Cucuthia Culee Cuctaine. And I would add Peppermint if her lip sync hadn't kicked so much ass.

I'm hoping that next week, they eliminate everyone except for Sasha and Shea and end this shit while it's still near a high note. To quote Clueless, "As if!"

• Love 3

I couldn't believe that Aja's Alyssa was safe; the performance and the makeup (it looked like he blackened the inside of her nostrils?  very canine-esque) were both horrendous, and the message really needs to be sent to STOP DOING ALYSSA!!!  Unless you actually are Alyssa. 

Alexis' Liza and Peppermint's lipsync were the definite highlights of this episode.  I do still find Alexis kind of bland in general, but maybe she will break out more in the episodes to come? 

• Love 2

Dang, Peppermint was not Here To Play. And Cynthia didn't know the words...again. I think she honestly needed to ask someone to write out these things for her, or ask production to look it up on a phone, because she's not nailed a lip-sync in either go around. 

Shea is starting to run away with this. They tabled her just to give the other queens a chance. What little of her Naomi they showed was killer, I have no doubt she kept it up the entire game. 

Loved Sasha, Nina, and Alexis. Valentina was smart in choosing a good gag and sticking to it. Trinity was solidly in the middle. Not as much good interaction between queens as we've had the best Snatch Games, but a good showing. Farah is next on the chopping block unless she pulls out a miracle.

• Love 4

Boo on vh1 for changing their schedule without warning. Every previous week they show the episode twice in a row at 8 and 9. Tonight we had friends over for a viewing party and our dinner went long so we attempted to watch the 9pm episode. Which unbeknownst to us was essentially an episode of gay Jersey Shore. 

Luckily they are showing the episode again. Sunday at 3am. Sigh.

For those that want to watch untucked already, just search for ´´untucked`` on youtube or the last hour. Nice to see they talking about Eureka and we see more of some of this queens personalities more that the edition shows...Like Trinity and Alexis, they come of as harsh and bitchy sometimes but you can see/and even hear from other queens how they are very helpfull and honest. And Shea major support to Nina? Thats great, specially since she could see Nina as a potential competition for her in the future. Shea is very funny and shes really helping Nina to get out of her shell.

And yep, producers really want to give Nina a boost, like how long we dont see a queen getting a message from home?

Only not friendly moment was Peppermint, Aja and Farrah talking about the confident queens that are in it not win (Shea, Trinity and Alexis). Yes, Farrah is right as we all agreeed that Alexis went too far on the untucked last week, but other than that, giirls, you better step up. Sorry, but I rather see a fierce queens trying their best to win the challenges instead of one crying every single episode (its too much, like 90% of the time she cameras shows here is either her crying or pretty much resting on sad face) and giving like 60% on the challenges. 

Edited by CaioF

Once again, snatch game proves that some of the best characters are based on celebrities that are not known for being funny.  I really appreciated Marlena Dietrich, and I knew who he was going to play as soon as I saw the tophat and the suit.  It wasn't as good as Jinx Monsoon's Little Edie (for me, that was a top 5) but it was still great.  Shea Cooley as Naomi Campbell is another one, I LOVE Naomi Campbell, but she isn't known for being funny....but Shea was able to make her funny.  Alexis Michelle as Liza was great.  Nina as Jasmine Masters was more memorable than the original, but Aja's Alyssa Edwards fell a little flat.  I don't agree with Michelle -- I think its okay to do past contestants because by exaggerating them, they can actually be funnier than they originally were.  And ultimately, the humor is first and foremost, it doesn't matter to me who you are...if you can make me laugh in character, its a win.

Farrah was damn lucky that her Madonna was so well done, because I think she could have easily been bottom two.

I was very disappointed in Peppermints Nene.  It sounded like she hadn't really prepared.  And I was doubly disappointed because "Credit Scores" was a great line, but it was delivered so poorly that opportunity for humor was totally lost.

Next time, maybe they can just assign them Madonna looks, though the runway was 20x better than the kimono disaster last year.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, RealReality said:

I think its okay to do past contestants because by exaggerating them, they can actually be funnier than they originally were.  And ultimately, the humor is first and foremost, it doesn't matter to me who you are...if you can make me laugh in character, its a win.

On that note, a smart choice would be doing Pearl. The queen would just need to play be half stoned/sleepy (maybe go a little further and play be in coma), being distract by sending nudes via celphone and interact with Ru by playing that endless staring moment.

Edited by CaioF
  • Love 4
29 minutes ago, CaioF said:

On that note, a smart choice would be doing Pearl. The queen would just need to play be half stoned/sleepy (maybe go a little further and play be in coma), being distract by sending nudes via celphone and interact with Ru by playing that endless staring moment.

I think pearl would be an inspired choice.  Because inevitably it would shade pearl and I can never forgive pearl her disrespect towards ru so I would love it.  And I think ru would eat it up.  The way you describe it would be hilarious.

• Love 2

Aja's Who's That Girl outfit would have looked so much better if it had actually fit her. The top looked loose, like something she bought at Target at the last minute. I thought her Alyssa impression was pretty terrible. I thought she should have been in the bottom because she didn't do well at the runway or the challenge.

Alexis Michelle's Breathless Mahoney was good but not great. There was something lumpy in the hip area that was really distracting. If you're going to wear a skin tight dress like that, it has to be smooth and flawless. It seemed like she was trying to hide the lumpiness by running her hands up and down her hips. I also felt like she didn't contour her face to look at all like Madonna and instead she just slapped on some red lipstick and called it a day. Her Liza was wacky and fun.

Peppermint's Material Girl was perfect. The dress was a great replica and she had Madonna's moves from the video. The major change she made to the costume was wearing pink shoes instead of black shoe, but I was okay with that (mostly because it always bothered me in the original video, even though I knew she was being faithful to the original "Diamonds Are a Girl's Best Friend" routine). Unfortunately, her Nene Leakes was not funny or good in any way.

Shea Coulée's Material Girl, on the other hand, looked like a cheap knockoff. The material was different, the necklaces was too long, the gloves were black instead of pink, she added black trim to the big bow in the back, and the strappy peep toe shoes were totally different. Overall, it looked like the kind of costume you throw together by finding a pink dress at a thrift shop. On top of that, she had none of Madonna's move or personality. She was just a person wearing a not particularly good costume. And was it just me or was her chest totally flat? That's Madonna, bitch! You need some breastseses. Her Naomi Campbell was good though.

Trinity Taylor's Met Madonna was a good replica but just as important, she had Madonna's attitude.

Nina's Met Madonna was a terrible attempt at imitation. I get that it's hard to match a print exactly, but she needed to cut/tailor what she used to match Madonna's better. It looked like she found an old flannel shirt, belted it, and called it a day. Plus her jewelry/belt/accessories were silver instead of gold. It can't be that hard to find a bunch of gold necklaces. None of her mannerisms were Madonna-esque either. But her Jasmine Masters was pretty good. I think if someone saw this episode and had never watched RPDR before and there didn't know who Jasmine was, they still would have laughed at the things that she said as Jasmine.

Sasha's Erotica Madonna was decent approximation but the obvious lack of a chest plate kind of bothered me, not because she had to have HUGE breasts but because it was very obviously a man's chest which took me out of the moment. Her Marlene Dietrich was much funnier than I thought it would be.

Farrah's Super Bowl Madonna was really close so I didn't understand why she made minor changes to the costume (cap sleeved instead of short sleeved with gold at the edge of the sleeves, lowering the neckline changing the gold decoration at the neckline). Her Gigi was terrible though. The first rule of Snatch Game is BE FUNNY. It's not enough to make yourself look like someone who's pretty. For me, her Snatch Game was a total fail.

Cynthia's Brit Awards matador costume was too different from the original. You can't just throw on any old matador costume and say it's Madonna! The entire costume was different: the bolero jacket, the pants, the shoes, the hair, EVERYTHING. The only thing that was definitely the same was the white shirt underneath. I agreed with Michelle about the makeup. There was too much brown going on. Her Sofia Vergara was terrible. The funniest thing about her during Snatch Game was her name tag (verga-ra).

Valentina's Sex Book Madonna was funny and perfect. She was the clear runway winner for me, followed by Peppermint and Trinity.

Tonight Peppermint proved that you can do a fun and entertaining LSFYL without resorting to death drops and splits. She was just having a good time and entertaining everyone, which is what a lip sync should be.

• Love 2

I think Nina is right about a conspiracy, it's just in her favor. I don't get her, or her character choice. And I feel a little bad for the Atlanta queens, because the show makes it seem like they're bullies or something. 

Also, I could do without any more tears and tragedy as they get ready for the runway. Once in a while, fine. Every episode is too much for me, especially since it never feels organic. I love this as a talent competition about talent, not backstory, the stories detract from that. 

What I find interesting about duplicate Madonna looks is that she's been around for decades, so it's funny to think that she's not had that many different looks a drag queen would go to. We didn't have repeats with Gaga, did we? 

• Love 1

Valentina as sex book Madonna was just inspired. I sold that dang book when I worked in a bookstore, it had to be wrapped in plastic, for goodness sake (we horny 20-year olds always wanted to know what was inside!)

I find impersonations of Liza to be tiresome, so I enjoyed Marlena way more, was it really even all German she was speaking?

And yes, NO more impressions of former Drag Race queens, NO NO NO! It's lazy. Pick someone early on after finding out you're going to be on the show, and practice the look and the comedy! How come we on this board know this and they don't?

• Love 8
24 minutes ago, cpcathy said:

Valentina as sex book Madonna was just inspired. I sold that dang book when I worked in a bookstore, it had to be wrapped in plastic, for goodness sake (we horny 20-year olds always wanted to know what was inside!)

I find impersonations of Liza to be tiresome, so I enjoyed Marlena way more, was it really even all German she was speaking?

And yes, NO more impressions of former Drag Race queens, NO NO NO! It's lazy. Pick someone early on after finding out you're going to be on the show, and practice the look and the comedy! How come we on this board know this and they don't?

I worked at a Maritime themed bookstore when Madonna's Sex book came out, and we considered ordering a crate because it sold so well. We didn't, but we thought about it ("there are some photos in a swimming pool, that counts as Maritime!"). I remember a truck load of the books got stolen back then too.

Practice sewing, practice several non copyright characters for snatch game. Bring several outfits if there is going t be a Night of 1000 Madonnas, etc. Have someone better than you teach you makeup. Borrow the best wardrobe and wigs you can. Maybe get some dental work and therapy, too, if time and the budget allows. Heck, do all this just while applying to RPDR and if you never get on, you're still a better drag queen than you were before. 

Edited by Cosmic Muffin
  • Love 1

Poor Cynthia was pure filler, which is sad from a returning queen.

Definitely one of the most underwhelming Snatch Games.  Shea continues to turn it out, but I'd be surprised if she can maintain the high level and end up winning. (Or should I say, I expect her to keep up the level but not win--maybe a shocking exit a la BenDeLaCreme?)

I don't like Nina as much as most probably do and didn't think his Jasmine was anything special. I felt the same about Sasha's Marlene Dietrich and it was amusing to me that Denis O'Hare seemed to think she was putting on an acting masterclass. 

Alexis' Liza was decent and the uncontested winner in an uninspired game. I'm glad Aja did Alyssa only because it made my girl Violet look so much better in comparison!

I did like Peppermint's lip synch, but boy that Nene Leakes was, to quote fellow RHOA participant Dwight, "dreadful".

I'm not really feeling this season. Like I watch and enjoy it cause you know it's DRAG RACE. But All-Stars was just at such a high level and Season 9 is maybe like at a third (or even quarter) of it. I don't really have any favorites and it doesn't seem like the talent bar is set that high this season. Meh, hope it picks up.

Edited by delicatecutter
  • Love 7

I thought Valentina's runway was a knockout. Who knew two pieces of cardboard could be so stunning?

Sasha's Marlena was at least as good as Alaska's Mae West. Both were gorgeous, entertaining, skilled, and fresh. More of that, please!  I don't think Sasha actually spoke any German; it was just a good accent and she stayed in character the whole time. The white-tie tux was beautiful.

• Love 5

I really like Peppermint in the THs and the Werkroom, but in the challenges she has been a disaster. I don't know what it is, maybe it's just the pressure that gets to her, or when she feels like she has to be "on," or something. She really trips over her words a lot. 

I was also a bit confused because in Peppermint's Meet the Queens video, she said she would be the first out transgender woman in RPDR history, which I thought meant out from the very beginning (since there have been queens who have come out during the show). Then we found out tonight that she hadn't come out to the other girls yet. I would never say "this person has to come out before they're ready" or whatever, but I guess I assumed she'd already come out to them and we didn't see it, otherwise why talk about being the first out trans woman on the show?

• Love 1

My crush on Denis O'Hare continues, as does my love for Nina, Shea, Sasha and Valentina. 

I knew that Alexis' Liza was going to win Snatch Game (she was sooo good) but I was also loving Sasha's Marlene Dietrich, her portrayal of another true legend was inspiring. Marlene propositioning Candis Cayne made me giggle! Besides that the only other fave moments for me were Valentina's comedic efforts as Miss Columbia and of course Shea's Naomi Campbell saying she had to resort to borrowing Nene Leakes' pre paid Cricket cell phone, ha! I really cannot say anything positive on the others' impersonation attempts, for me they ran the gamut from uninspiring to boring to truly awful. Why the hell couldn't Cynthia be Charo?! Instead of cucu-ing she could coochi coochi and make her answers almost totally unintelligible in that endearing Charo way.

After last season's original Night of a 1000 Madonnas let down I was not looking forward to this season's. At least Valentina went in a totally different direction referencing the Sex book but I wasn't that impressed with the other queens' looks. 

I like Cynthia but damn if Peppermint didn't wipe the floor with her during that LSFYL. Her locking, loading and shooting that imaginary rifle at Cynthia all in time with the lyric was THE best thing I saw this week, I stood up and cheered "yeeeeesssss queeeeeeeeeeen!!!" and scared the dog. Love ya, girl!

• Love 5

Man, Untucked is so much more fun this season. I love Naomi, Kim, and Chi Chi, but last year's Untucked were all kind of dull because of how chill their personalities were. This season Shea and Trinity are really keeping the energy levels up. I hope they stick around just for that.

I guess I assumed she'd already come out to them and we didn't see it, otherwise why talk about being the first out trans woman on the show?

I wonder how genuine this moment was. Peppermint has had a long, successful career and is prominent in the NY drag scene. I have to imagine many of the queens already knew of her and knew she was trans - there's no way the other NY queens didn't know. I did notice that none of them really seemed surprised at all, which leads me to believe they all knew and were just playing into the moment.

And on that note, I do hope we're out of tragic stories and dramatic reveals for the makeup segments. At this point it's really stale.

• Love 2

That was EVERYTHING!  The only thing missing was a fun mini challenge.... and the pit crew.  But Lordy that was a great snatch game.  My love for Shea, Sasha and Valentina knows no bounds... it just keeps growing every week (why you gagging, they bring it every week)

Untucked was also a hoot, with the black herstory moment, and the follow up discussion on baby hairs and drag lingo.

• Love 2

I thought this Snatch Game was pretty weak, though at the same time it exceeded my expectations? I was very worried it might be full-on unwatchable, and instead it was passable. I think casting could/should do a better job at loading up at least a few solid impersonator queens in the chamber. I doubt Jaymes, Eureka, or Charlie would have really shone either despite being more comedic. It's been gradually downhill since Season Six for me, and I think casting is partially to blame for that. 

Peppermint though....damn! With her challenge performances ranging from safe to lukewarm so far, I'm super excited to see some more LSFYLs out of her. For some queens (like Alyssa), that's their way of leaving a lasting mark. I'm really hoping that soon we'll see fierceness on both sides of the battle. Farrah and Sasha seems like they both might be low energy (I've loved Sasha's stuff on YouTube, but it's more performance art, so who knows how she'll adapt to the show), but other than that the remaining girls should all be able to bring it.

ETA: I was pretty underwhelmed with Nina's Jasmine! I was really hoping for a riff on "Rupaul's Drag Race done fucked up drag", or at least a very satisfying "PANTIES, BITCH!". In her case I think a past contestant was really the best choice, but it fell a bit flat.

Edited by annewithaneee
  • Love 1

I like Peppermint, and she's the only one I knew from before this season. They played a few of her videos on Logo a long time ago. I remember amazing legs in thigh high boots and a song about "Boo, I thought you knew". I still like her, but she seems so low key. She does a recap after each episode and seems like a really nice person. She's always saying, "Oh my gosh", so I think she doesn't swear? Which is fine (I rarely do myself), but unusual for a drag queen. I hope she gets the usual boost from being on the show and runs with it. At least she can lipsync. In her recap she says she sent both Nene Leaks and Nene's mom an apology. And that she'd never done any impressions before. So I don't know why she didn't practice. Also, she had a second Madonna look and decided to keep the one she wore even after seeing she had a twin. Not sure if that was at all influenced by producers or not. At least she is an amazing lipsyncer.

It's too bad Cynthia came back and it didn't really help her. She is such a genuinely sweet person, but she should have left her legacy with S8 and being Miss Congeniality. In Untucked it sounds like she thinks she improved between seasons and spent more on her wardrobe, but I didn't see it. And I think she's a very sensitive person, so I'm sorry she got sent home again. And RuPaul was nasty this last episode. He brought her back, he could be more tactful.

Edited by Cosmic Muffin

I thought this snatch game was good, but I feel like we didn't get to see enough of it.  I feel like I'm years past you would get a lot of snatch game and a bit of the mini challenge and a bit of the runway.  But I feel like I got almost no snatch game the past few years.  And I love snatch game :(

• Love 3
6 hours ago, Xazeal said:

Man, Untucked is so much more fun this season. I love Naomi, Kim, and Chi Chi, but last year's Untucked were all kind of dull because of how chill their personalities were. This season Shea and Trinity are really keeping the energy levels up. I hope they stick around just for that.

I wonder how genuine this moment was. Peppermint has had a long, successful career and is prominent in the NY drag scene. I have to imagine many of the queens already knew of her and knew she was trans - there's no way the other NY queens didn't know. I did notice that none of them really seemed surprised at all, which leads me to believe they all knew and were just playing into the moment.

And on that note, I do hope we're out of tragic stories and dramatic reveals for the makeup segments. At this point it's really stale.

One of the queens mentioned Peppermint being prominent, including something about printed material, earlier in the season. I think you're right that they all knew, but I wonder if it was never directly brought up due to the tensions Peppermint mentioned. 

12 hours ago, TheLukeP said:

That was EVERYTHING!  The only thing missing was a fun mini challenge.... and the pit crew.  But Lordy that was a great snatch game.  My love for Shea, Sasha and Valentina knows no bounds... it just keeps growing every week (why you gagging, they bring it every week)

Untucked was also a hoot, with the black herstory moment, and the follow up discussion on baby hairs and drag lingo.

I think the thing that is so interesting about Valentina is that she's young and new to drag, but her choices are so good, really unusual, and conceptual.

Trinity saying she didn't know about edges because she's from the south cracked me up. 

• Love 3

That snatch game sucked,  no one came close to past seasons best but not surprising since this is an unfunny cast.

Hope they ban queens from doing previous contestants  next season.

1 hour ago, HunterHunted said:

I think the thing that is so interesting about Valentina is that she's young and new to drag, but her choices are so good, really unusual, and conceptual.

Trinity saying she didn't know about edges because she's from the south cracked me up. 

Valentina with her lack of experience, makes it look like it's easy, which is probably why other queens are jealous.

Edited by blaase
  • Love 2

I have nothing really to say about this episode except that Peppermint lip sync killed me. Eating her earring, doing the robot, that damn gun move in perfect sync with the song!?!?!?  Yeah, call the preacher cuz I am DECEASED!

Best lip sync since Chi Chi's "And I am Telling You..." last season. Will land in my person top ten.

• Love 4

I feel like people develop a lot of amnesia in regards to Snatch Game because since its inception, it's always been a few strong performers and the rest being equal parts meh and awful.

The problem this year is that the editing of episodes are super jank and a lot of the bonus footage they post online now should've been in the actual episodes since it gives a greater context of things because like this week, one of the bonus footage things is the queens realizing some people have the same Madonna looks and trying to decide to change their idea and keep it. Plus there is another bonus scene of Aja deciding between doing Crystal Labeija or Alyssa Edwards that gets a lot of great interplay among the contestants and such.

• Love 14
On 4/28/2017 at 6:12 PM, KenyaJ said:

Alexis’s win was deserved, but meh. I find her personality so off-putting that I just want her gone. She reminds me of Roxxxy Andrews and that’s not a good thing.

Hit the nail on the head. Very Roxxxy Andrews style-wise.

• Love 5
(edited)

I enjoyed the Snatch game, not the best ever but enjoyable for the most part.  I can't believe it took this long for someone to finally do Liza. It had to be a tough choice between Alexis and Sasha both great at SG and in the runway though the lack of breastplate on Sasha bugged me and something about Alexis's wig bothered me too it almost seems more Betty White than Madonna. Valentina made a great decision with Miss Colombia and I almost wish she'd won just for that runway. I was worried about her at the beginning of the season afraid we had another Serena Cha Cha but she's amazingly polished for only doing drag for ten months makes me wonder how long she practiced in the mirrors at home before starting to perform. I like Nina but girl needs to get out of her head and Peppermint needs to kick it up several notches if she wants to stay. I think Farrah is not going to be staying much longer either. Trinity bugs me and I don't know why she does well her looks are pretty good but something about her seems so disingenuous then again Alexis is feeling that way too

Edited by twinkietwin94
  • Love 5

I want to know who gave Aja a makeup makeover of epic proportions this week, because her Snatch makeup and runway look were both like, 10000x improvement over the previous weeks. I was looking for bonus footage of a micro make up challenge or something because, MY GOD. The eyebrows were a tell - it must be Valentina or Sasha who helped because of those signature piece-y brows (which Alexis ALSO had, so I predict a cut scene where Valentina be-eyebrowed everybody this week).

I WILL GET TO THE BOTTOM OF THIS DAMMIT

• Love 1

I feel like people develop a lot of amnesia in regards to Snatch Game because since its inception, it's always been a few strong performers and the rest being equal parts meh and awful.

The problem this year is that the editing of episodes are super jank and a lot of the bonus footage they post online now should've been in the actual episodes since it gives a greater context of things because like this week, one of the bonus footage things is the queens realizing some people have the same Madonna looks and trying to decide to change their idea and keep it. Plus there is another bonus scene of Aja deciding between doing Crystal Labeija or Alyssa Edwards that gets a lot of great interplay among the contestants and such.

Oh, Aja as Crystal would have been perfect. Damn, I'm pissed we didn't get to see that.

I was really disappointed as someone so New York as Aja is, she didn't do somebody from Paris Is Burning. Or even do Crystal Labeija because that would've been hilarious.

Aja reminds me so much of Venus Xtravaganza. And I agree, she would have been brilliant as Crystal.

• Love 1

It has been bothering me all season that the queens keep being referred to as "gentlemen" collectively out of drag, but I guess if Peppermint wasn't out to everyone (I'm sure some of the queens knew) then it makes sense they wouldn't single her out or draw attention to something that she might not feel comfortable letting everyone know. I hope they stop doing that now, though.

It's interesting to me that Sasha sees herself as "serious." Was the screaming she did in her entrance supposed to be serious, then? Hmm. I like that she broke the fourth wall by mentioning that she had been dead for many years.

I didn't think this snatch game was very funny, and I also would prefer it if they weren't allowed to do other queens.