Type keyword(s) to search

S34.E10: A Line Drawn In Concrete

Tara Ariano
  • Start Topic

It occurred to me that it's possible Michaela played up her reaction to being left out in order to avoid blowing Cirie up. In other words - everyone knows Michaela is competitive. Everyone knows she wears her feelings on her sleeve, and her face, and everywhere else. It might have seemed really weird to everyone, and gotten them thinking, if she just said "oh well" and didn't seem to have any hard feelings about it.

And as for Ozzy's expression coming into tribal, I assumed that he was just annoyed no one had starved to death without him there to supply them with fish.

• Love 13
6 hours ago, Rachel RSL said:

I would ask one very simple question: have YOU looked to see what is directly behind YOUR right heel since you sat down?  ;>

Pretty much every time I sit down at my computer.  I have a deaf, geriatric cat who for the past three weeks has decided that my chair (on wheels no less) is her spot.  And she's too fragile to act as a speed bump.  But that's just us, this month.

• Love 6

There was a shot of Debbie guzzling wine out of a bottle at the Reward Challenge.

Have a feeling she was more than a little tipsy at the merge feast.

Call it a hunch.

And just because it needs to be said, I love Aubrey's awkward athleticism.

• Love 5

The thing I enjoyed about Cirie's completing the reward challenge is that it circles right back to her first season. She was afraid of leaves, and a complete couch potato. In that season, she forced herself to do things completely out of her comfort zone. So wanting to finish the challenge for the sake of finishing was great. I do think the editing was a little cheesy.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, ratherbereading said:

The thing I enjoyed about Cirie's completing the reward challenge is that it circles right back to her first season. She was afraid of leaves, and a complete couch potato. In that season, she forced herself to do things completely out of her comfort zone. So wanting to finish the challenge for the sake of finishing was great. I do think the editing was a little cheesy.

I have and always will root for Cirie because of her "get up off the couch" declaration in her first season. That was so real to me, and I think it was real for her.  I got what she was saying and it resonated.

I've thought of that quote in situations in my own life from time to time: this is my "get up off the couch" moment. It has actually meant something to me.  

And now, I hate that Probst decided to cheapen it this episode to promote his talk show.....oh, wait, that was cancelled.  And then in his interview online with Dalton Ross he said he forced the situation by calling her out at the reward and challenge her to dig deeper and 'get up off the couch'.  You simply can't force these things.  Oddly enough, I do believe him when he says this replay of an epic moment is his favorite Survivor moment because he was the star (in his own mind) this time, so her moment is somehow his. 

I'm going to stick with the real moment, thanks anyway Probst.

Edited by pennben
  • Love 10
9 hours ago, omophagia said:

This week's episode at least felt a little bit more like actual Survivor, in that there was some actual strategy on display. Sarah's winner's edit has fully resolved at this point-- she's had two proper Hero Moments with the Varner TC statement and now the Very Special Reward Challenge Where We All Learned A Valuable Lesson About Trying Your Hardest, plus she found the Sit-Out advantage and orchestrated Debbie's blindside. Unless Andrea or Aubry suddenly starts turning on an underdog story arc, it's hard to see how the editing could be pointing to a win for anyone else.

I've been thinking it might be a Cambodia Wentworth/Philippines Malcolm fourth-place edit.  Super duper positive hero edits rarely a winner make.  The person who just misses FTC, though, they get to be a hero.  Even a massive tool like Terry Deitz.

9 hours ago, Nashville said:

I actually prefer this sort of strategy.  I know it looks to be so much more of a BIG MOVE if you chop the head off the snake, but in reality it only works if you can then immediately move to chop up and kill the remainder of the snake - which you can't do in Survivor.  The remnants of the attacked alliance have three days to regroup, re-analyze, re-strategize, and re-target.  Consider this:

1. In any alliance of more than two people, there is almost certainly a hierarchy - core members, and (for lack of a better term) affiliates.

My feeling is the best thing you can do is to try to identify the social keystone or linchpin of the alliance, and remove them.  There is often someone who has the social bonds with each person, or internal faction, in the larger alliance, and if they go the alliance crumbles.  This is not necessarily the leader, though it sometimes is (Todd, Kim, etc).  The key example is Tyson in HvV.  Boston Rob was the top dog: but Tyson was the glue.  Parvati and Russell were canny enough to see it, and idol him out (instead of going straight for Rob), at which point the Jerri/Coach side and the Rob/Sanda/Courtney side fell apart, because the link was Tyson.  I bet Parvati knew what to look for because she was the same key position in Micronesia -- what kept Alexis and Natalie together with Cirie and Amanda but her?  Other idols-out by minority alliances did not go well because they did not target the right person.  Kelly was not the social glue on Worlds Apart -- take out Rodney or Carolyn (I guess?)  Andrew Savage was not the social glue on Cambodia--take out Jeremy (n.b. circumstances made this impossible so Kelley is not to blame).  Phillip was trying his damnedest to be but he was not the social glue on Caramoan--take out Cochran. 

In this case I would guess the social keystone of the alliance is Brad Culpepper.  He seems to have the personal connection with Tai, with Troyzan, with Debbie, with Sierra.  Everyone, in fact, but Sarah herself.  So I would probably take out Brad.  I take it as fairly settled that Sierra is seen as the leader and as perception is in fact the entire reality here that makes Sierra the leader; but I think Brad is the social glue holding the thing together.  Not Debbie.  So my feeling is, take out Brad, and now it's up to Sierra to somehow hold her people together in the minority, which I doubt she can, and Troy and Tai and Debbie are pretty much up for grabs.

• Love 12
On 4/26/2017 at 7:01 PM, Haleth said:

Loved how Sarah coached Cirie to the finish, then she found the advantage.  This was her episode to shine.

Sarah was a freaking star on this episode. In addition to everything that's already been said, her poker face after the vote was fabulous. "Who, me? Flip?"

On 4/26/2017 at 7:01 PM, mojoween said:

I like Cirie, but I don't remember seeing them let the losing team finish the challenge like that before.  It was odd, to me.

It was, but I teared up a little. Given that our first impression of her was Ciie "afraid of leaves" Fields, it was a nice capstone to her arc, if I may mix some metaphors. I like seeing people push their limits. I'm proud of her. 

Here's the thing: the others keep figuring that they can dump Cirie "whenever," because she'll never win a challenge. Before you know it, it's F5 and she has an idol and it's a 2-2- tie at F4 and lo and behold, she's learned how to build a fire. Or she and Mikaela take their top-secret alliance to a Fox/goat situation, with or without a bear (Andrea?) at F3. 

On 4/26/2017 at 7:03 PM, Straycat80 said:

Although I liked how they all helped Cirie during the challenge, I don't understand why they didn't chose Michaela, she's a beast in physical challenges. 

I, too, was flabbergasted that Mikaela was the odd person out. Upon further reflection, though, I'm not sure they know what a challenge monster she is. I think she held back to avoid painting the same target on herself as she did in her first season. I think it was telling when she dropped from the "hug a pole" challenge because she assessed that she couldn't possibly beat Ozzy, and she had to pick her battles. If she can't win immunity, why not conserve energy for when she can? Like closer to the end. With the extra bonus of not being seen as the "second every time" threat.

On 4/26/2017 at 7:05 PM, truthaboutluv said:

One second [Sarah]'s flipping because someone points out the obvious that she's at the bottom of the six, then she's not sure because Sierra peddles her a line that she sees a Final 3 with her, then she's flipping again because Aubry tells her nutty Debbie said something negative about her. Maybe it didn't happen exactly like that, since editing hides a lot but what was shown makes her look very easily emotionally manipulated. Not to mention, I'd be surprised if she lasts much longer since I'm sure the others must start realizing she's the biggest flipper in the game.

I think Sarah is playing very well, and the way I'd hope to play if I played: agree with everything everyone suggests to your face; evaluate your options on your own time; downplay your involvement; resist the urge to explain and ask for forgiveness. I think she's coming off looking like a champ so far, and I agree with a poster upthread who said this looks like winner's edit. 

23 hours ago, enlightenedbum said:

Let's try to work this out.

Brad and Cirie are captains.  Teams end up:

Team Brad:
Brad, Andrea, Sierra, Debbie, Aubry

Team Cirie:

Cirie, Tai, Zeke, Troy, Sarah

Assume both Brad and Cirie are actually trying to win the reward. (Not sure this is a safe assumption with Cirie)

Brad clearly had first pick.  The most athletic person there is Andrea, and I suspect Cirie would have picked her first if available.  Sierra is also a potential first pick because she's an idiot savant with her one skill being tossing a grappling hook and similar carnival games.  But I think it was Andrea because Cirie would have picked her first.  Then Cirie takes Sarah, both for athleticism and game reasons.  She wants Sarah semi-isolated because she knows she needs to win her back.  Brad responds with Sierra for ally reasons and also the aforementioned skill at carnival games.  I'd guess Cirie took Troy next.  He's pretty athletic for these kinds of things.  Brad takes Debbie to not hurt her ego, Cirie takes Tai for the balance, Brad goes with Aubry who seems like a solid swimmer, and then Cirie goes with Zeke.  The question then becomes why does Cirie leave Michaela when she's taking on a little mother role with her?  Three options:

1) It's a secret to everybody and she's trying to hide that one while joining the Michaela sucks train publicly.

2) She guessed the person left out would get some kind of shot at an advantage.  Cirie herself probably would have killed to be on the sitout bench for this reason.

3) Because her tribe on this season never let her prove herself and they hadn't seen the previous season, these people are not aware that Michaela is really athletic.

Cirie drawing captain is the worst possible position for Cirie. That said, I'm super proud of her being in for the long haul if she was in at all. Good for her. I agree also with your point three re: Mikaela's true challenge prowess being unknown; I may have discussed that previously in this post. It is getting quite long, isn't it?

22 hours ago, KimberStormer said:

And make Sarah into a hero?  I am absolutely here for that, as the kids say.  Huge episode for her, and I was always kind of on the Sarah tribe (I was going to suggest you could go back and check my work on the Cagayan board...but now I see that was at the tail end of TWOP, so nope).  I can see both sides of the Reward Challenge Debacle (charitably, I want to believe Probst was trying to help Cirie feel better, since she's been struggling emotionally with feelings of failure and inadequacy this season) but I'm almost inclined to believe it was included more for the Sarah content than anything else--going back to help Cirie, then giving (in my mind anyway) exactly the right speech, "sure I went back to help but that was Cirie who did that."  Then finding the advantage, and playing tribal so well -- speaking out of both sides of her mouth, avoiding idol plays while also secretly telling her new group to be strong together...good stuff!  BUT I am afraid, despite how satisfying it was, she probably moved too early.  While I don't think Debbie was right that she's flipping to a worse position (since Andrea and Zeke, whichever of them Sarah goes with, are presumably not going to keep the hatchet buried for long, so she'll be better than 6th for sure) it's still certain she's not going to be on top.  And there's so many people left, and Sierra might have been infuriating but she wasn't necessarily wrong that the 5 not in her alliance were fractured and split--it could be total chaos out there, and the strong 4 of Brad, Sierra, Tai, and Troyzan could easily maneuver through it all.  Especially since, as we know (though Sarah does not) they have three idols and one Secret Advantage among tem...bah.

Yeah, full circle, Sarah came out great this ep. A good human being in addition to being a pretty OK Survivor player. Snagging the secret advantage was gold. I didn't know about them going in the bottom of the boat. The story I tell myself is that she said she'd swim to the platform where Mikaela was so she could rinse off or some excuse, and that she'd join them along with Mikaela.

I love Sarah's flip, and I think that #6 flipping at 11 with a 5-5 split is about as close as you can cut it. Sierra may have been sincere in her F3 pitch to Sarah, but sounded to me like her goal was to double-goat with Debbie and Sarah. Sarah ain't no one's goat. 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, KimberStormer said:

I've been thinking it might be a Cambodia Wentworth/Philippines Malcolm fourth-place edit.  Super duper positive hero edits rarely a winner make.  The person who just misses FTC, though, they get to be a hero.  Even a massive tool like Terry Deitz.

I'd agree but I think, to some extent, Wentworth and especially Malcolm got the edits they got because as well as being pretty good players, they were good television (Deitz, I felt, got a borderline-comeuppance edit). Sarah is playing well, but she isn't good television. Her confessionals are stilted and she sounds exactly like she did in her first season - like someone who thinks she's a lot better at this than she is. This episode was weird for her - on the one hand, she got so many hero moments, but on the other, she got that confessional about her magical attention to detail, which was just cringe-worthy in it's stupidity. If editing put that in as a positive they missed the mark IMO. 

My responses to this season are confusing the hell out of me. I missed last week's episode and didn't bother catching up, and that hasn't happened since I started watching hardcore with Samoa. I watched this one but I very nearly didn't. I've seen much, much worse seasons than this, and many with long boring stretches, and never missed an episode and responded with such disinterest. I don't know what it is, but I'm just struggling to feel this season. I feel like maybe there's too much going on and it's giving me fatigue - there are so many idols and advantages and twists in play now that I can't see the gameplay. Or maybe I'm just super-shallow and still sad that Malcolm went so damn early. 

Sierra needs to go soon. She's grating and I can't watch her eyebrows grow out much more. Beyond that, I'm not sure I really care (and there are people left I really like so, again, confusing). 

• Love 3

In a way, Cirie did Mikaela a favor by not choosing her in the reward challenge.  When Cirie was chosen as team leader, it pretty much sealed the fate of that team.  Barring some sort of catastrophe by the other team, the odds were 1-99 that Cirie's team would win that challenge.  And being on a losing team might have been more frustrating for Mikaela than actually sitting on the bench.

• Love 2

None of us here are saying that it wasn't a great/beautiful moment for Cirie. No one is bemoaning the fact that she went from "get off the couch" to this.

What we ARE irked about it is Jeff manufacturing it for his own selfish purposes.

• Love 14

Agreed @sadiegirl1999! In her first season, that might have been a powerful moment but she "got off the couch" a long, long time ago. This is her 4th time playing, she isn't that same woman who was scared of leaves, Probst beat that horse to death years ago. And while he tried to play it off as Cirie not believing in herself, I really think it was more Cirie being exhausted and just not having the physical strength to get up on to the platform. 

• Love 9
On 4/26/2017 at 6:30 PM, Ms Blue Jay said:

This was really the sweetest revenge for us Ozzy-lovers.  The show feels so pointless now.

I quit watching the week Sandra was going to leave. I was spoiled for pre-merge and knew that was going to be her first time being voted out, so I didn't watch and haven't since. So, I feel you. 

• Love 1

The biggest reason i've been watching this show religiously for the past 17 years is blindsides. Nothing is better than seeing smug arrogance getting taken down. And Debbie is the latest example of that.    Good on ya Sarah

• Love 4

Loving: Cirie, Sarah, Andrea

meh: Brad, Sierra, Tai

over: Zeke, Michaela

jury out on: Aubry, Troyzan

I agree it makes more sense to get rid of Sierra or Brad but I loved that Debbie blindside so much. Michaela may be annoying but the producers are choosing not to show this in the show whereas Debbie is nuts and they've made no bones about it. Six girls left, I would love to see the girls get together (I know it won't happen). 

If I have one complaint about this season it's that I am not loving the challenges. I'm currently watching Survivor China on Hulu and the challenges are so much better than they are now. I missed those but I'm guessing they've cut the budget since then. 

• Love 1

Here's my favourite moments in order of when they happened during the episode.  I forgot that Michaela clapped when Debbie was voted out, LOL.  Did I forget anything good?

mich0.jpg

miche20.jpgmich30.jpg

mich40.jpgmich60.jpg

brad0.jpg

Andrea picture in a bigger version as that seemed to be a fave 

andrea.jpg

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 1
29 minutes ago, healthnut said:

Loving: Cirie, Sarah, Andrea

meh: Brad, Sierra, Tai

over: Zeke, Michaela

jury out on: Aubry, Troyzan

I agree it makes more sense to get rid of Sierra or Brad but I loved that Debbie blindside so much. Michaela may be annoying but the producers are choosing not to show this in the show whereas Debbie is nuts and they've made no bones about it. Six girls left, I would love to see the girls get together (I know it won't happen). 

If I have one complaint about this season it's that I am not loving the challenges. I'm currently watching Survivor China on Hulu and the challenges are so much better than they are now. I missed those but I'm guessing they've cut the budget since then. 

Troyzan creeps me out. Sarah has RBF . Andrea Meh, and I too am over Aubry, Tai , Zeke and Sierra.

I don't mind Brad( shut up about Monica already) Ciera had a moment for me, otherwise she can leave, and take Michaela with her...

• Love 1

Even though Sierra and Brad's team lost a member they still have 3 idols and one advantage. I still believe Sierra and Brad will be in the final three with Brad winning. I'd add to this that losing Debbie might be a good thing for him cause she was a loose cannon and she is a sure vote for them in the end. Debbie has already expressed her admiration for Brad and she has claimed their whole "argument" was orchestrated in order to hide how close they were (in the game she said she only apologized to him cause Cochran suggested it - we don't believe you Debbie).

If Brad does win I'll be really disappointed. Such a good cast and almost all the favorites were voted out before jury and we get stuck with horse girl and fu Brad Culpepper. Eww..

• Love 5
25 minutes ago, himela said:

Even though Sierra and Brad's team lost a member they still have 3 idols and one advantage.

But the advantage is only good at F6 now, and the idols aren't "public" knowledge.  Only Troy knows he has his, and only Tai knows he has any idols.  So its not as advantageous as it looks on paper.

With those 4 on the back foot, they're going to get a little desperate, which means selfish.  Tai might share one idol with Brad, but not both.  And Troy won't mention his at all unless and until he plays it.  So I don't foresee any masterful idol plays like Parvati's Double Idol Distribution, or Malcolm's Three Immune Amigos.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, SVNBob said:

But the advantage is only good at F6 now, and the idols aren't "public" knowledge.  Only Troy knows he has his, and only Tai knows he has any idols.  So its not as advantageous as it looks on paper.

With those 4 on the back foot, they're going to get a little desperate, which means selfish.  Tai might share one idol with Brad, but not both.  And Troy won't mention his at all unless and until he plays it.  So I don't foresee any masterful idol plays like Parvati's Double Idol Distribution, or Malcolm's Three Immune Amigos.

I wonder if anyone goes home with an idol.? 

7 hours ago, Fanny Mare said:

I wonder if anyone goes home with an idol.? 

And, I wonder if Sarah flips back. I think she is going into Tony mode and flip back with Brad, Sierra, Tai & Troyzan. Maybe, she pull Zeke in, too. Just a guess though.

2 hours ago, ByaNose said:

And, I wonder if Sarah flips back. I think she is going into Tony mode and flip back with Brad, Sierra, Tai & Troyzan. Maybe, she pull Zeke in, too. Just a guess though.

I hadn't thought of it, but it's possible and wouldn't be the first time someone would be replicating what the winner of their season did.

5 hours ago, ByaNose said:

I can easily see them taking Sarah back, with the idea of cutting her loose soon after. They need her vote, even with the idols. 

4 hours ago, NutMeg said:

I hadn't thought of it, but it's possible and wouldn't be the first time someone would be replicating what the winner of their season did.

What was the other time this happened?

• Love 1

On a rewatch, when Probst asks Michaela how she is feeling about not getting picked at the reward challenge, she mouths off that "people are just picking their alliance members instead of playing to win." That heavily suggests to me that she knew the score with Cirie not picking her and was trying to play along.

On 4/28/2017 at 5:29 PM, peachmangosteen said:

I feel like someone did actually gain weight during the game, but I can't remember who.

Katie from Palau, season 10? I think? 

• Love 3
On 4/28/2017 at 0:38 AM, KimberStormer said:

My feeling is the best thing you can do is to try to identify the social keystone or linchpin of the alliance, and remove them. 

<snip>

In this case I would guess the social keystone of the alliance is Brad Culpepper.  He seems to have the personal connection with Tai, with Troyzan, with Debbie, with Sierra.  Everyone, in fact, but Sarah herself.  So I would probably take out Brad.  I take it as fairly settled that Sierra is seen as the leader and as perception is in fact the entire reality here that makes Sierra the leader; but I think Brad is the social glue holding the thing together.  Not Debbie.  So my feeling is, take out Brad, and now it's up to Sierra to somehow hold her people together in the minority, which I doubt she can, and Troy and Tai and Debbie are pretty much up for grabs.

I agree with your analysis, and 90% of the time I would agree with your linchpin strategy.  In this specific case, however, I think the perception  by the players outside the Brad/Sierra alliance may be fuzzier with regards to whether Brad or Sierra fulfills their alliance's linchpin role - primarily because Sierra goes out of her way to bolster perception of herself as the focus of the alliance (a perception I personally would consider counterproductive as shit, but hey what do I know?)

This sort of situation - where the perceived target is unclear - is the type where I think a destabilization strategy would be most effective.  The alliance affiliates will be rattled, and do one of two things: either start hinting around for a stabler association, or flock to their linchpin for reassurance (and reveal their linchpin in so doing).  It's a win for the outsiders either way: the alliance is either weakened, or more of its internal structure is exposed.

P.S.: it's note even a new idea, really; Sir Arthur Conan Doyle used the save device in the Shrelock holmes story "Scandal in Bohemia".  Want to know what someone truly values?  Throw a scare of destruction into them, then watch to what - or whom - they run.  :)

• Love 7
3 hours ago, Nashville said:

I think the perception  by the players outside the Brad/Sierra alliance may be fuzzier with regards to whether Brad or Sierra fulfills their alliance's linchpin role - primarily because Sierra goes out of her way to bolster perception of herself as the focus of the alliance

Yep, she said it herself, she's running the show. And it's an idiot movie, strategically. If you're quietly running things, like Brad, less people will come after you. 

• Love 3

Thank The Maker!  Debbie's gone.

Now she's free to swim the English Channel, conquer Everest, and find a cure for Hanta virus.

There aren't enough eyeroll emojis to convey my reaction every time she hustled her bit of screen time.

Buh-bye.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, spiderpig said:

Thank The Maker!  Debbie's gone.

Now she's free to swim the English Channel, conquer Everest, and find a cure for Hanta virus.

There aren't enough eyeroll emojis to convey my reaction every time she hustled her bit of screen time.

Buh-bye.

You're welcome.  :^)

I wonder if she has ever been a hired assassin?  Just thinking of a job that needs to be done.  I will show myself out.  

• Love 2
54 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

OK so it's possible there's actually more than one person who has gained weight on Survivor. So far we've had Ciera (which I do remember, I think), RC, and Katie mentioned.

I think RC gained weight pre-show, but not during the show. 

You know now that I think on it when it comes time for the jury to question the final 3, Debbie will tell them that she can spot a lie because she use to be an interrogator for the police department. When in reality the only thing she questioned was her sanity.

• Love 1
42 minutes ago, ShadowSixx said:

You know now that I think on it when it comes time for the jury to question the final 3, Debbie will tell them that she can spot a lie because she use to be an interrogator for the police department. When in reality the only thing she questioned was her sanity.

Or she can just draw on her experience of being interrogated prior to copping a felony plea.

• Love 3

All, I know is if Aubry or Sarah are in the Final 2/3 Debbie ain't gonna be very nice. Actually, I think she would be more angry with Sarah since she was in her "alliance". I'm sure she's going to have a doozy of a question/statement.

• Love 1
(edited)
15 hours ago, Oholibamah said:

I think RC gained weight pre-show, but not during the show. 

I looked at RC's Ponderosa, and she did lose weight.  She said she had gained 10 pounds prior to the game, and lost 5 pounds in game.  She is heard asking the doc: "aren't you supposed to lose more weight on Survivor?"  Which may be why I remembered it.  She was the first jury member, and was only out there 19 days.

It was a rough watch, even just those few minutes of her Ponderosa.  She has the most annoying laugh/talk style of expressing herself.

ETA:  Sorry mods!  While there a lot of threads where this post might belong, I just realized this is not one of them.

Edited by Special K
On ‎4‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 10:37 PM, Fanny Mare said:

I don't mind Brad( shut up about Monica already) Ciera had a moment for me, otherwise she can leave, and take Michaela with her...

Ciera already left - first episode.

On 4/26/2017 at 9:05 PM, vb68 said:

I can agree to disagree on this, but Probst laid on the "You can do it Cirie!" stuff a bit thick. I mean, it's not her first time at this. It's her fourth. I thought it was rather awkward and a tad condescending. I know Cirie didn't take it that way, but for me it was a little much.

God, yes. And that music they lay over it in production just makes it that much cheesier. I get that reality tv isn't pure reality and they have to craft a show, but I wish they would use a lighter touch. The awful music over what is I guess supposed to be Inspiring Words gives the show such a last-5-minutes-of-a-Full House-episode and the show just doesn't need it. If a moment is truly remarkable, that will shine through on its own. 

It's also extra annoying because he only gives these speeches to certain people. Had it been Debbie or someone he doesn't really like struggling to get up there, he would just be shouting out their incompetence over and over.  

Sarah might be able to create a wedge between Brad and Sierra after that  'final three' chat Sierra had with her. I wonder if she can exploit it. I'd love to see Sierra go next. 

Sarah did play this vote smart (IMO) and managed not to tip her hand, but I still have my doubts that she'll be able to exploit that conversation successfully. She seems to have kind of a knee-jerk response to things, like whoever talks to her last will influence her vote. So I can't hang my hopes on her dismantling the big alliance but we'll see. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, ljenkins782 said:

God, yes. And that music they lay over it in production just makes it that much cheesier. I get that reality tv isn't pure reality and they have to craft a show, but I wish they would use a lighter touch. The awful music over what is I guess supposed to be Inspiring Words gives the show such a last-5-minutes-of-a-Full House-episode and the show just doesn't need it. If a moment is truly remarkable, that will shine through on its own.

And how was that Probst's favorite moment in 34 seasons or whatever he claimed?  I bet Adam is somewhere gnashing his teeth.

• Love 2
(edited)
15 hours ago, ShadowSixx said:

Debbie will tell them that she can spot a lie because she use to be an interrogator for the police department. When in reality the only thing she questioned was her sanity.

And she invented the lie detector... I mean took a lie detector test.

Hee. If anybody remembers Kristin Wiig's Penelope SNL character who goes over the top with everything she's done, that's Debbie in real life. 

I think my favorite  moment of Season 34 (so far) is watching her being voted off!

Edited by vb68