Type keyword(s) to search

Clooney's Drunk And Not Grey, Carol's Sad But Not Dead, And Everyone's A Fetus On S01 Of ER

Primetimer
  • Start Topic

23 hours ago, Hiyo said:

He did look good in his underwear, I will give him that.

He also looked fine in the beach volleyball scene in Top Gun in which he played Slider and Anthony Edwards was Goose; another ER connection.

I always wanted Tom Skerritt to appear in an episode - since he guest starred on just about everything then - so we'd have Goose, Slider, Jester, and Viper.

• Love 1
On 5/19/2020 at 3:12 PM, Bastet said:

I always wanted Tom Skerritt to appear in an episode - since he guest starred on just about everything then - so we'd have Goose, Slider, Jester, and Viper.

I thought the same thing on rewatch. and if they could have worked in a "talk to me Goose" or I could have been satisfied with "talk to me, Mark"

I decided to start a full re-watch of the show, starting with the pilot episode. It really is like stepping into a time machine. Mark with all that hair, Doug without any grey, Carter is about fifteen (Benton and Carol, on the other hand, are ageless). And I have such a freaking crush on season one Susan. It's easy to forget how vivacious and magnetic she was in her first run on the show, considering how dull Susan became after she returned.

But what's really interesting is how fully formed the whole thing was, right from the start. The sets, the costumes, the shooting style, the fast paced scripts and the levels of medical jargon. Very little changed between the pilot and the show, other than Benton's personality.  Almost all the side characters are present - Haleh, Lydia, Connie, Wendy, Malik, Jerry. Even Frank, in his previous career as a police officer.

It's easy to forget how ground-breaking E.R. was, in 1994, now that so many TV shows are so fast-paced, with handheld cameras and long, tracking shots, and that all medical shows follow the template that E.R. created.

Edited by Danny Franks
  • Love 5