Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E09: Chaos Is Come Again

Harlee makes the chilling discovery that someone is texting Cristina as her dead ex, "Miguel." The case of a missing kid leads Wozniak to uncover a local dealer who uses underage mules and reminds Loman of what their unit is all about. The crew gets caught in a brutal ambush.

Harlee needs to stop sheltering Cristina. For every half decent story about Miguel, Harlee needs to remind Cristina that Miguel regularly beat the shit out of her because Cristina seems to have no appreciation for why Harlee wouldn't want to have Miguel in her life.

The crew actually did something half decent tonight.

So it seems like Woz was going to let Harlee know that he already moved Miguel's body before the shooting started.

Dear god in heaven, Stahl is completely unhinged. Even if he found Miguel's body, he can only use that to blackmail. It's already on the record that he's impersonating Miguel to Cristina. No one knows that he's illegally recording Cristina and Harlee and he has no warrant to exhume Miguel. Finding Miguel's body only looks bad for him. The only way impersonating Miguel to Cristina works for Stahl is if he knows that Miguel is dead. So showing up with his body or tooth can only blow back on him.

I'm curious if Woz's son knew or suspected how dirty Woz was and that's why he was harping in Woz being gay.

• Love 6

I actually didn't have a problem with Harlee painting Miguel in a more favorable light this episode, because she was doing it to get Cristina to admit she'd been texting "him." But hopefully she soon goes back to reminding Cristina that he was a domestic abuser. Hell, tell Cristina that he threatened her too just so she'll finally let the whole thing go.

Lmao Woz responded to Harlee killing Miguel exactly like I predicted. And I loved Harlee not even trying to make her hardware store purchase less suspicious. Duck tape, zip ties, and tarps? Totally not for moving a body!

Yeah, so I'm thinking Woz did get the chance to move Miguel to the cremator, but unfortunately, based on the preview, Stahl still finds a tooth.

And nooooooo, Caddie! Fucking Stahl. I hope the disciplinary hearing ends with him losing his badge, but there's still a few more episodes and at least one more season of this show left, so he's likely not going anywhere for long.

Go Tess! Loman deserved that punch. Seriously, what did he think was going to come of spilling the beans to Nate?

If Nate survives this ordeal, I'm interested to see what finding out about Woz's, uh, sexual proclivities will do to their relationship. Woz said last season that he's not ashamed of his preferences, but he also doesn't want to be open about them because of the heat he'll catch from his colleagues, because that's the world we still live in, unfortunately. I don't blame Nate for assuming that Woz is ashamed and transferring that shame onto Nate, who is openly gay, but I'd like to see them clear the air on that subject.

So it was definitely Bianchi behind the ambush, right?

• Love 3
(edited)

Wasn't a fan of the missing kid/drug dealer subplot, but the rest of the show was pretty awesome.  Christina didn't bug me as much this week and I'm glad she's starting to question Stahl.

I'm not a murderer, but I would think if you're going to buy supplies to bury a body (tarps, zip ties and duct tape), you would buy each item from 3 different stores. I wonder if Harlee used her credit card too?  I don't dig up bodies either, but I probably would take off my tie before I started.  But it's Stahl so I'll just add it to the list of things that make him a creep!

RIP Caddie :(

Missed my man Nava this week.  

Edited by juliet73
  • Love 3

I'm so pissed about Caddy. Fucking Stahl! I wish he'd die but then he's such a great bad guy that we need him. I can't wait until all the shit he's done comes out.

Also, that scene at Woz's with the shooting was crazy intense. Although I found it took them a second too long to react and start shooting back considering they're cops, but I guess it took a moment to register what was happening.

I can't wait until next week. I hope Woz's son pulls through. Also, I miss Saperstein.

• Love 3

I laughed every time Stahl would stop to fix his hair.  They showed him doing it several times this episode.  No matter what he is about to do he has to look just right. 

• Love 8
(edited)
2 hours ago, LakeGal said:

I laughed every time Stahl would stop to fix his hair.  They showed him doing it several times this episode.  No matter what he is about to do he has to look just right. 

LOL, me too, he's a lunatic, but fun to watch. 

I can't wait to see him dig up just one tooth for all his troubles next week, I'm going to laugh out loud at that too.

Edited by Keepitmoving
  • Love 4

Stahl is probably the best bad guy on TV (of the shows i watch at least) in that he is so mercurial. You have no idea from looking at him that he's NOT the typical FBI/cop type, yet he can turn on a dime, and he is crazy! Just a really good job by the show's writers and the actor at setting up a villain worth hating.

8 hours ago, helenamonster said:

So it was definitely Bianchi behind the ambush, right?

I thought they'd put that to rest, though, no? Maybe also the guy they busted earlier at the diner? I really wasn't sure, and there wasn't dialogue that illuminated it for me. Also, I know Harlee doesn't play by the rules, but didn't she say "Officer down", when it was Woz's son, not one of the cops? Or did she knowingly do that in order to get a better response?

• Love 2

I know Stahl is the "villain" in this show but he is so much fun to watch and frankly, I don't really root for Harlee & Woz and crew because I see them as bad guys as well. 

So for me, the happiest ending is mutually assured destruction.

• Love 3
17 hours ago, LakeGal said:

Right? There was one moment where he was fixing his hair and I thought, "Wow, Warren Kole is actually kind of hot." I'd never noticed before because of how creepy/crazy Stahl is.

15 hours ago, Keepitmoving said:

LOL, me too, he's a lunatic, but fun to watch. 

I can't wait to see him dig up just one tooth for all his troubles next week, I'm going to laugh out loud at that too.

Actually, one tooth is all he needs. Since he was a convicted felon, Miguel would have extensive, easily-accessible dental records. It's why Harlee smashed his teeth in when she first buried him.

14 hours ago, NorthstarATL said:

Stahl is probably the best bad guy on TV (of the shows i watch at least) in that he is so mercurial. You have no idea from looking at him that he's NOT the typical FBI/cop type, yet he can turn on a dime, and he is crazy! Just a really good job by the show's writers and the actor at setting up a villain worth hating.

I thought they'd put that to rest, though, no? Maybe also the guy they busted earlier at the diner? I really wasn't sure, and there wasn't dialogue that illuminated it for me. Also, I know Harlee doesn't play by the rules, but didn't she say "Officer down", when it was Woz's son, not one of the cops? Or did she knowingly do that in order to get a better response?

At first I thought it was the guy they busted at the diner too, but next week has Woz going full-on nuts looking for Bianchi. It's entirely possible that he could be misguided, but I did think the Julia/Bianchi story was wrapped a little too soon and a little too neatly last week, so I'm not surprised to see it brought back in again.

And I think Harlee said "officer down" knowing it was Nate who was shot to get a faster response. I did think that was kind of weird, and honestly I think they just did it to create some tension for the flashforward at the beginning of the episode, so we'd wonder who gets shot and then have it be someone we weren't expecting, since Nate's not a cop.

• Love 2

I didn't know Woz had already removed Miguel until I read it here. Thank goodness. Stahl finding one tooth in all that dirt is unlikely if not impossible, but I'll fanwank that to keep the story going. However, it makes sense to me that Stahl could be framed for Miquel's "death" or disappearance when he comes up with that tooth since he was impersonating him to a teenage girl (remember his creepy hooker video!) so could have knocked off Miguel himself to get closer to Harlee and a teenage victim. I mean, girl. Cristina. I didn't think Harlee's purchases were so odd, people buy tarps and duct tape when they paint. However, the store clerk's look gave it away that it's a scenario that will come back later to bite Harlee. She's buying the tarps for Stahl is my guess (and hope). Great episode, lots of action and super-great acting. And LOL at Stahl checking his reflection at every chance!

My only complaint this ep was the grave digging. Caskets are six feet down, and dirt is packed and heavy. Graves are dug with a backhoe; one guy with a shovel would take AGES to get to the casket, then more ages to shovel enough dirt to open a seven or eight foot vault, then the casket inside. I laugh at those little shovels people are always buying to dig up a grave. Then the red mulch covering Sap's grave would have blown away in a low wind. Plus grave sites are cleaned up after burial. Well, nit picking, but hard to fanwank grave digging when it happens on every show, like it's so easy. Not! It takes me almost an hour to dig a hole deep enough to plant a tree, much less a person.

• Love 3
21 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

I know Stahl is the "villain" in this show but he is so much fun to watch and frankly, I don't really root for Harlee & Woz and crew because I see them as bad guys as well. 

So for me, the happiest ending is mutually assured destruction.

Same.  I've been catching up on season two, and I'd be okay with the series ending a la Enemy of the State.

• Love 1

This show is criminally underappreciated by media, but thankfully the ratings continue to improve. This is a show that we should be talking about just as much or more as some of the critical darling shows that have less of an audience. I marvel at how this show has turned my moral compass on its head, as I continue to root for Woz and his team against all others, even though they are certainly not the "good guys."  I am even rooting for them over Detective Verco. Essentially, anyone that is the enemy of Woz has become my enemy, LOL.

I can't wait for the fallout that is surely coming next week when a furious Stahl does not find his body. He is not a man to be trifled with, and I don't think Harlee is his match. Woz on the other hand...

• Love 5
13 hours ago, helenamonster said:

And I think Harlee said "officer down" knowing it was Nate who was shot to get a faster response. I did think that was kind of weird, and honestly I think they just did it to create some tension for the flashforward at the beginning of the episode, so we'd wonder who gets shot and then have it be someone we weren't expecting, since Nate's not a cop.

Officer down can just refer to officers in deep trouble or getting shot at though too I believe. Also I have a feeling she was just thinking Woz or one of the guys would be hit by the way things were looking when she left.

• Love 1
22 hours ago, saber5055 said:

I didn't know Woz had already removed Miguel until I read it here. Thank goodness. Stahl finding one tooth in all that dirt is unlikely if not impossible, but I'll fanwank that to keep the story going. However, it makes sense to me that Stahl could be framed for Miquel's "death" or disappearance when he comes up with that tooth since he was impersonating him to a teenage girl (remember his creepy hooker video!) so could have knocked off Miguel himself to get closer to Harlee and a teenage victim. I mean, girl. Cristina. I didn't think Harlee's purchases were so odd, people buy tarps and duct tape when they paint. However, the store clerk's look gave it away that it's a scenario that will come back later to bite Harlee. She's buying the tarps for Stahl is my guess (and hope). Great episode, lots of action and super-great acting. And LOL at Stahl checking his reflection at every chance!

My only complaint this ep was the grave digging. Caskets are six feet down, and dirt is packed and heavy. Graves are dug with a backhoe; one guy with a shovel would take AGES to get to the casket, then more ages to shovel enough dirt to open a seven or eight foot vault, then the casket inside. I laugh at those little shovels people are always buying to dig up a grave. Then the red mulch covering Sap's grave would have blown away in a low wind. Plus grave sites are cleaned up after burial. Well, nit picking, but hard to fanwank grave digging when it happens on every show, like it's so easy. Not! It takes me almost an hour to dig a hole deep enough to plant a tree, much less a person.

The tarps, etc., were for moving Miguel's body again. There's a quick exchange at the party where Woz tells Harlee his trunk is lined.

I am so glad I am not the only fan of the show that totally roots for Woz no matter what he does. I am such a big Ray L. fan I just can't help myself, hell, I rooted for him in Goodfellows, no matter what he was doing, there is just something about him that is totally "sponge worthy", know what I mean? He's just flat out yummy!

• Love 5
15 hours ago, laprin said:

This show is criminally underappreciated by media, but thankfully the ratings continue to improve. This is a show that we should be talking about just as much or more as some of the critical darling shows that have less of an audience. I marvel at how this show has turned my moral compass on its head, as I continue to root for Woz and his team against all others, even though they are certainly not the "good guys."  I am even rooting for them over Detective Verco. Essentially, anyone that is the enemy of Woz has become my enemy, LOL.

I can't wait for the fallout that is surely coming next week when a furious Stahl does not find his body. He is not a man to be trifled with, and I don't think Harlee is his match. Woz on the other hand...

It really is, they completely ignore it which is  too bad it deserve better, anyway glad the rating went up a little bit for that episode it was a great one.

I love how things are fowling out for Stahl but I still hope he'll stick around next season.  Loved Lopez in the scene at Cady's place and so sad that he's gone I really liked that character.

• Love 5

Do we know what happened to the money Cady tried to give back to Harlee when Cristina wouldn't let him in? Or does it even matter. Cady was my favorite character (besides Woz), so I'm sad to see him gone. And add me to Team Woz all the way. I really love this show, best one on tv right now IMO. OH: TMZ showed a clip of JLo taking down a prisoner, making comments about how hot she is. Then the TMZ females started ranking on how horrible her hair looks on this show. Go figure ... I absolutely LOVE Harlee's hair.

• Love 4
54 minutes ago, saber5055 said:

Then the TMZ females started ranking on how horrible her hair looks on this show. Go figure ... I absolutely LOVE Harlee's hair.

I agree - love her hairstyle in Shades of Blue. When I take my hair out of the messy bun I wear to work, my hair looks like that and I love it. (And my hair is Marsha Brady straight except when I take that messy bun out at night.)

• Love 3

This show really improved in this second season, when it stopped pretending that Harlee has any sort of moral compass. To me, they are all bad guys- Woz, Stahl, Harlee, Julia and Woz's crew. So it is just fun to see them one-up or destroy each other. In a weird way, I root for both Woz's team and Stahl. Like how earlier in the season, when Woz leaked the video of Stahl with the prostitute, Stahl leaked the audio of Woz and Donnie right back! Both Woz and Stahl are crazy in their own ways, so it's fun to see their chess match, as long as they don't actually kill each other. I just hope the series end with all of them locked up in some manner. None of these criminals deserve an actual happy ending.

Harlee has been handling Christina all wrong from the start. She should have been telling her how horrible her father is right from the start and poison her against him. It would have been the truth anyway. From what Harlee has been doing so far, I don't see how Christina can truly forgive her after her many manipulations. 

• Love 1