Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E19: The Black Fairy

• Start Topic

6 minutes ago, Camera One said:

Are they implying that "a" Savior, any Savior, is destined to kill The Black Fairy so she needs to eliminate Emma?  

Except we keep getting told repeatedly that the Saviour is the one that loses the Final Battle. None of this makes any sense because the Black Fairy has no motivation that I can see. Maybe they'll stun us by providing a reason for her actions next episode but I hold out no hope. Why antagonise the Dark One and the Saviour when you don't have to?

• Love 4
21 hours ago, Camera One said:

Exactly... it doesn't fit at all.  He was the diamond in the rough and his purpose was to defeat Jafar?  Except he didn't defeat Jafar.  

Well, he also de-Saviored himself. But then Jafar was defeated without a Savior, by Jasmine. So was it Jafar he was supposed to defeat, or someone else? The Black Fairy, even?

3 hours ago, jhlipton said:

Are we ever going to find out whose black heart Rumple stole?  There's somebody Eeeeeevil who's now under Rumple's control, right?

I just assumed it was his own.  (And I know - Rumpel's was supposed to be scrubbed clean, yada, yada, yada - but I'm also wanking that after all the crap he did to Belle in 6A, it's black again.)

• Love 2
40 minutes ago, RulerofallIsurvey said:

Rumpel's was supposed to be scrubbed clean, yada, yada, yada - but I'm also wanking that after all the crap he did to Belle in 6A, it's black again.

Plus didn't he absorb all the dark ones after his heart was scrubbed clean - something that seems to be forgotten or not really had that much of an impact?

• Love 2

I think the darkness in your heart is due to your own actions. Rumpel was dying of Black Heart Syndrome because he'd been the Dark One for so long that all his evil acts had destroyed all humanity in him. Emma as the Dark One wouldn't have been all dark hearted because she didn't really do anything evil beyond having Violet friendzone Henry and kidnapping Zelena. I would assume that Rumpel's actions post resuming the Dark One have severely darkened his heart - this would include the very act of re-Dark Oneing himself, chucking Milah into the River of Lost Souls, locking Belle up on the Jolly Roger, placing a tracking system on Belle, "killing" the Blue Fairy, etc.

We haven't seen him flaying anyone alive multiple times or turning randoms into pigs or bugs and squashing them. Rumpel had centuries of bad acts that made him what he was in S4. He got a reset in S5 with the heart, so he's got darkness but not burnt out shell of a heart darkness. Was that really a heart that he gave them? Maybe he magicked up a fake one or mashed together a couple of charcoal briquettes to give them.

(edited)

As usual, we're forced to speculate about basic episode plot points.  I wonder if they'll even address that "heart".  Why would he bring them her heart as proof anyway.  Of course, we never saw Blue again.  I wonder if he apologized to her.  How convenient she never had to explain why she kept the secret from them.

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 3
(edited)

The other thing with this retcon is it means Blue would have known about the "Savior would die" clause long before the visions Emma had.  

Why would The Black Fairy's "wand" be so powerful?  Didn't she just steal Tiger Lily's?

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 1
On 5/2/2017 at 4:42 PM, AudienceofOne said:

In an episode where the Evil Queen gave the Wicked Witch driving lessons that she then used to mow down the Black Fairy who was Peter Pan's wife and Rumpelstiltskin's father? You didn't think this was a cartoon? It's possible it's just a really bad one.

No one has come up with a viable reason for the  Black Fairy to have done anything she's done this season. Come on, people! Somebody must have something. Her motives make no sense to me. At all.

That's what I am saying, why not have the whole show be this surreal camp? Now that S1 is long gone and none of the characters act anything close to human, I say do what you do best. But the show still thinks it can show real human emotion and make serious comments on good and evil and redemption, and they just cant anymore.  I think Madder is the only one who acts like she is on a craptastic goofy show and gives it her all. She practically winks at the audience every time she has a scene, letting us know she is in on the joke..."Yes, I know this is really stupid, but lets have some fun with it..." Everyone else is playing it like they are in a real quality show, an play it straight...God love em!!!!

• Love 7

The other thing with this retcon is it means Blue would have known about the "Savior would die" clause long before the visions Emma had.  

This makes Blue an epic asshole for never sharing this information with Snowing. Every interaction with them where she talks about hope and how wonderful it is that their child will save them all and she knew all along that this innocent baby would die. Shady Blue is shady.

• Love 11
11 hours ago, KAOS Agent said:

This makes Blue an epic asshole for never sharing this information with Snowing. Every interaction with them where she talks about hope and how wonderful it is that their child will save them all and she knew all along that this innocent baby would die. Shady Blue is shady.

Actually, its the writers who are shady. I would love it that they intended her to be shady for a purpose, and that this whole storyline would explain just what that purpose is...why she is supposed to be the strongest power of them all, yet she is useless, why she is never around when a Big Bad comes to town, why she can't for instance, smash Rump's protection spell around his shop in S2, why they rely on Rump and Regina to use dark magic to save them..(i.e. Rump's dark magic to hide the town from the world, Regina's dark magic to change the curse that Pan cast...dark magic saves them more then white magic...) and why she talks in riddles instead of just coming out and saying sh*t. THAT would be a great storyline to find out what her game is, but no...that would take some brains and creativity to produce so lets pull crap out of our a** and throw it on screen!

• Love 3
(edited)
8 hours ago, Mitch said:

Actually, its the writers who are shady. 

Exactly.  They couldn't care less about Blue.  What SEEMS to be intrigue and mystery is actually neglect, not doing their homework in regards to continuity, and not thinking anything through.

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 3

Zelena provided the laughs with hitting the Black Fairy with her car. Other than that, the episode just keeps retconning stuff.

Fiona's back story and Rumple being a Savior was too contrived even for me.

Not surprised that Rumple ended up siding with mommy dearest at the end.

Oh well, musical next, let's get on with that, 6/10

(edited)

I was thinking about "Think Lovely Thoughts" today, and while this episode doesn't necessarily contradict, it also doesn't convince me that this Malcolm became the previously seen Malcolm/Peter Pan.  How would a commoner like Malcolm even know what a magic bean was?  I suppose he could have found out from gambling with pirates, but it raises the question about the belief in magic in the Enchanted Forest (eg. Cinderella not believing, but pirates regularly trading in magic beans).  And of course, the biggest question is basically why The Fairies, especially Blue did nothing to steer Rumple towards good.  And when did Tiger Lily go to Neverland and why?

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 1

How would a commoner like Malcolm even know what a magic bean was?

Fiona was studying magic before she became a fairy. It's very possible he could have learned it from her. Perhaps she looked into them as a means to escape Rumple's fate.

30 minutes ago, KingOfHearts said:

Fiona was studying magic before she became a fairy. It's very possible he could have learned it from her. Perhaps she looked into them as a means to escape Rumple's fate.

Which reminds me... we have no idea what Malcolm knew or didn't know about Fiona's fate.  We don't even know if he knew she was a fairy.  

8 minutes ago, Camera One said:

Which reminds me... we have no idea what Malcolm knew or didn't know about Fiona's fate.  We don't even know if he knew she was a fairy.  

I doubt even Blue remembers that Fiona was the Black Fairy.

• Love 1
(edited)
6 minutes ago, KingOfHearts said:

I doubt even Blue remembers that Fiona was the Black Fairy.

LOL.  I can just imagine.  

BLUE banishes Black Fairy into Dark Realm

BLUE: Who the hell was she?

TIGER LILY: She was Fiona!

BLUE: Who?  

TIGER LILY: That lady who gave birth to the Savior a few months ago.

BLUE: Hmm... doesn't ring a bell.  By the way, you're fired after we drop off this baby.  You have no idea how many hours I will need to cleanse this place after you let mere mortals in here.

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 1

The issue of Blue is a classic TV problem. They made Blue too powerful and so they have to ignore her to make plot lines work. Also, she's not a series regular and the actor is busy with other work. So watch the Magicians, she said in a completely 'on topic' way.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

So, does every child get a fairy godmother or just Saviors? And shouldn't they have assigned Rumple a new fairy godmother after Tiger Lily quit? Especially when he had such crappy parents?

Also, how did the Black Fairy end up being so super powerful when she wasn't even a real fairy, but a human who turned herself into a fairy? And why haven't more humans turned themselves into fairies? It seems like the sort of thing Cora would have done to get power over everyone. If she already had magical talent, it seems like it should have been possible.

• Love 1

A human turning into a fairy was something the Writers pulled out of their you-know-what's for this episode.  It makes zero sense in so many ways.  She turns herself into a Fairy and becomes instantly more powerful to anyone else?  Oh right, it's probably because she was born in a long-line of The Chosen Ones.  

11 minutes ago, Shanna Marie said:

So, does every child get a fairy godmother or just Saviors? 

Probably only Saviors because they're special.  But Emma never had one.  Or maybe everyone in the same kingdom had the same Fairy Godmother like that one who worked in King George's area.  This is another piece of the nonexistent worldbuilding we love so much about this show.

• Love 1
(edited)

BLUE: Hmm... doesn't ring a bell.  By the way, you're fired after we drop off this baby.  You have no idea how many hours I will need to cleanse this place after you let mere mortals in here.

Tiger Lily: "What will you do with the shears?"
Blue: "I will take them to a place no one will ever find them... the Cave of Wonders. Then I'll brew some memory tea so even I won't know where it is! Here, drink this."

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 2
(edited)

S6 is the season of cloning. The Evil Queen was the clone of Regina, Fake!Robin was a clone of Robin, the Black Fairy is a clone of Rumple, Gideon is now a clone of Belle, and Tiger Lily is a clone of Tinkerbell. The redundancy is off the charts. Especially in this episode. Fiona is nothing more than a female version of her son, as well as her lover/husband/whatever. Character (Fiona/Rumple/Malcolm) has son (Rumple/Neal), meets magical person (Tiger Lily/Zoso/Shadow), and takes magical object (Wand/Dagger/Pixie Dust) to become a powerful being. (Black Fairy/Dark One/Peter Pan). This affects said son's life dramatically and causes them to grow up alone. Character then bends entire life around a single prophecy. (The Savior will fight you/The boy will be your undoing/A boy will have the Heart of the Truest Believer)

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 8

I can't believe this was the lame-ass origin story for The Dark Curse.  

So I have a question.  Why was The Black Fairy kidnapping children for centuries after the events of this episode's flashback?  If Gideon had never been born, what would her plan have been?  I will make a wish on a star that Adam, Eddy or Jane will answer my questions.  

Edited by Camera One
6 minutes ago, Camera One said:

I can't believe this was the lame-ass origin story for The Dark Curse. 

They should've done something that was more specific to Storybrooke, even though it'd have to be pretty off-the-wall to include transporting a bunch of people from a fairy tale realm into a small town in Maine. The Black Fairy wanted to bring kids to a Land Without Magic, but she didn't need to create an entire cursed town to do it. Yeah, you could say Storybrooke was more to meet Regina's whims, but the Black Fairy was bragging about how she "practically invented" Storybrooke. 

Spoiler

And when she enacted the curse, she basically did what Regina did anyway. What exactly was the point of casting the curse again? What did it have to do with the Final Battle?

An idea I wish they could've explored more with the curse was a villain using Storybrooke as a way of getting a fresh start with no one remembering how awful they were. I feel like the writers tried doing that with Regina, but that was more about making Snow suffer than giving her a clean slate in a new realm. 

I guess the curse kind of makes sense when you think that Rumple wanted to be comfortable while making Regina believe she had won. The original curse, while still a pretty crazy concept, checked a lot of boxes. It's just more appropriate that Rumple invented the curse because his intentions were clear. Storybrooke was designed for a very specific purpose. The Black Fairy is just all over the place.

• Love 4
43 minutes ago, Camera One said:

Who assigned the Chernabog to guard The Dark Curse and set all the traps?  Was it Blue?

Would've been cool if the the Curse was created by Blue to banish dangerous magical villains like Rumple to a Land Without Magic while giving them new lives so it wasn't as jerk-ish.

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, KingOfHearts said:

Would've been cool if the the Curse was created by Blue to banish dangerous magical villains like Rumple to a Land Without Magic while giving them new lives so it wasn't as jerk-ish.

Now that would make sense. She already had given the magical bean to Bae so he could take Rumple to LWM where he would have no magic so he couldn't harm anyone there and be gone from the Enchanted Forest. It would make sense after Rumple didn't go that she'd start working on the curse that would send him and maybe later make it to send all dangerous magical villains to LWM. Its not a bad idea.

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, KingOfHearts said:

That would have been great.

Another alternative is that Blue a long time ago came to The World Without Magic and fell in love with a place where she didn't have magic and all the responsibility, so she created a town to visit on her downtime.  But The Black Fairy saw it as a prison to be without magic and stole the spell and warped it into The Dark Curse.

• Love 2

The Black Fairy was so wasted. Remember when we speculated that she was Maleficent or Blue's alter ego? There was no reason for her to be Rumple's mother. That was so contrived and unnecessary. Rumple didn't react at all in S3 when he mentioned her wand. 

How did Rumple even find out she was his mother?

• Love 2

It was a contrived way to "connect" the villain to a main character, and so it wouldn't be as obvious where Rumple would align himself.  If she wasn't his mother, Rumple wouldn't have been torn.  Plus it provided the "twist" of Rumple being a Savior, making The Black Fairy's story also Rumple's story.  

TIGER LILY: "I'm sorry... I never should have given you the Book of Prophesy".   *facepalm*  And she goes and brings her MORE fairy books.  I am borderline getting angry at her for being so stupid.

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 1

This has to be the weakest villain origin story since Anakin Skywalker turned into Darth Vader because he thought his wife might die in childbirth.

For one thing, once again we have people freaking out about a prophecy that someone will die when everyone dies. There's nothing in the prophecy about when it will happen. Fiona's acting like baby Rumple will be fighting this battle and dying before he learns to walk. They live in a world with ogre wars and plagues and Dark Ones. There's no guarantee of a long life, no matter what she does. It's entirely unrelated that he ended up living centuries by becoming a Dark One.

For another, there's yet another case of someone who doesn't seem to have been magical somehow gaining magical powers -- enough to be able to turn herself into a fairy. There's been no rhyme or reason why certain people have been able to learn to do magic and then turn out to have powers. You'd think if all it took was reading a book, getting lessons, or getting a wand, there would be more magical people around. And turning into a fairy? That's another species entirely.

I still don't get the Black Fairy's motivation in all this. Her son's safe now. She did all this stuff to save him, and then she spent most of his life torturing him. She stole his son from him. So, what was the point? And why does she care so much about fighting Emma? There needs to be more motivation here than "because prophecy said I would."

Not to mention, just a few episodes ago, her entire plan was getting Gideon to kill Emma to open the portal so she could come to this world. But then her reason for coming to this world was to fight the Final Battle against Emma. It's like the writers hadn't figured out what the Black Fairy was really up to until later and forgot to look back at what they'd said previously. Right there with the origins of the Dark Curse and what made Emma a Savior.

I noticed in one of my comments here from when this originally aired that I said this episode seemed to be three hours long, that I looked at the clock when I thought it was almost over and we were only 19 minutes into it. Tonight, I did the same thing, but it was at 22 minutes.

• Love 2
23 minutes ago, Shanna Marie said:

I still don't get the Black Fairy's motivation in all this. Her son's safe now. She did all this stuff to save him, and then she spent most of his life torturing him. She stole his son from him. So, what was the point? And why does she care so much about fighting Emma? There needs to be more motivation here than "because prophecy said I would."

I don't get it either, but maybe it's because Tiger Lily told Fiona's SHE is now the great evil, and since Rumple is no longer the Savior, then by prophecy, she has to fight Emma since she's the Savior. 

Though really, that makes no sense either, because they've revealed there had been other Saviors before Emma.  So why didn't The Black Fairy go to Agrabah to fight Aladdin?  

For another, there's yet another case of someone who doesn't seem to have been magical somehow gaining magical powers -- enough to be able to turn herself into a fairy. There's been no rhyme or reason why certain people have been able to learn to do magic and then turn out to have powers. You'd think if all it took was reading a book, getting lessons, or getting a wand, there would be more magical people around. And turning into a fairy? That's another species entirely.

Tiger Lily did say, "How is that possible?!!!" when Fiona said a simple spell, pointed the wand to herself and instantly became a fairy.  No need for explanation.

Not to mention, just a few episodes ago, her entire plan was getting Gideon to kill Emma to open the portal so she could come to this world. But then her reason for coming to this world was to fight the Final Battle against Emma. It's like the writers hadn't figured out what the Black Fairy was really up to until later and forgot to look back at what they'd said previously. Right there with the origins of the Dark Curse and what made Emma a Savior.

Maybe they came up with The Final Battle angle later on when they had to stubbornly admit that Emma won't be back for another season and they need some sort of "epic" finale that might not have been necessary if they were just losing the three sleepers from the show.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, Camera One said:

Tiger Lily did say, "How is that possible?!!!" when Fiona said a simple spell, pointed the wand to herself and instantly became a fairy.  No need for explanation.

I don't get why Fiona couldn't have been a fairy from the start. What if it were forbidden for fairies to fall in love, but she fell in love with Malcolm, and then bad things happened? That would've explained sooo much about why Blue was so hesitant about Dreamy/Nova.

It would've been funny if Rumple were half-fairy.

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 2

That could have worked well as well.  They wouldn't have needed Tiger Lily as an in-between.  Maybe Blue had just become head of the fairies and thought she could change things by educating the fairies on lore and giving them more decision-making powers.  It could explain her cold attitude towards Nova and Tinkerbelle later on.  I was wondering if they were going for a Dumbledore vs. Grindelwald type story (from Harry Potter) for Blue Fairy vs Black Fairy.

• Love 1
49 minutes ago, Camera One said:

That could have worked well as well.  They wouldn't have needed Tiger Lily as an in-between.  Maybe Blue had just become head of the fairies and thought she could change things by educating the fairies on lore and giving them more decision-making powers.  It could explain her cold attitude towards Nova and Tinkerbelle later on.  I was wondering if they were going for a Dumbledore vs. Grindelwald type story (from Harry Potter) for Blue Fairy vs Black Fairy.

The Black Fairy reminds me a lot of Maleficent from 4B. Maleficent was pretty ingrained into the show's mythology, even if she hadn't been seen much since S1. She had reasons to be pissed with almost every character on the show. But instead of dealing with all that, we got the stupid eggnapping. The Black Fairy was another character fans wanted to see, yet instead of going for the obvious (giving Blue and the fairies a proper backstory), we got this random Rumple's mother plot that adds nothing. At the end of the day, it really doesn't matter that she gave birth to him. 

Despite what this episode tries to tell us...

Spoiler

Rumple doesn't care all that much that she's his mother, either. He coldly kills her because she betrays him. He never knew he nor had any relationship with her, so it's less consequential than Rumple/Pan. The Pan stuff wasn't a diamond in the rough by any means, but it was more relevant than whatever was happening with Fiona.

• Love 1

Whats really funny about this lame as fuck backstory is that it basically retroactively justifies Rumples hatred of the fairies, which always seemed really petty this whole time, but as it turns out, Blue and the fairies really did screw him over from minute one, and he never even knew it! I mean, how is it a good idea to tell parents the instant their baby is born that they have this amazing destiny? At best it puts ridiculous pressure on the poor kid, and at worst...this happens! Then Tiger Lily, who is an even bigger idiot than Blue apparently, gives her a prophesy saying that her son will die in battle? WHY?! Why would she keep giving her stuff? Then they banish her because of the actions of a prophesy that never would have even come true if they had left well enough alone and let Rumple grow up normally! And then after that, they dump now destiny-less Rumple back with his father, who is clearly heartbroken and bitter and blames his son for his wife being taken from him, and they never even checked up on him? His fairy god mother just fucked off to Neverland and because the kid wasn't prophesy special anymore, they left with him an abusive asshole prime to ditch him at the drop of a hat and they would both go on to create even MORE problems?! So much for protecting children I guess Them snapping his heroism away was even implied to make him a coward! Really, the fairies are the true big bads of this show, just due to sheer incompetence!

So a normal person can wave a wand and become a fairy because...she said some words? Tiger Lily says "Thats impossible" and thats all we get for an explanation? And this all makes the Black Fairies motives even more nonsensical, if thats even possible. So why was she kidnapping children this whole time? Why was she trying to get to Storeybrooke? And why create a town in Maine (due to the timeline, when would they even be dumping them? Pre Colonial Maine?) in the 21 century? You can make sense as to why Regina or even Rumple might create this cures, but for Fiona, it just makes no sense at all. She wants to take every person out of her world to protect her son, and then what? And what is she even doing now? 

The one decent part of this was her basically making the same choice that Rumple would make with Bae, choosing power over their child, all the while saying that they are doing this for their kid. Other than that, the Dark Fairy being Rumples mom just makes this a lame excuse to pretend that she is some big final villain that started it all, even if it makes no sense. Didn't she say that she created dark magic at some point? I guess dark magic hasn't been around for a very long time! There was so much they could have done with her if they wanted her to be our big end game villain, and they wasted it. 

The highlight of the episode? Hook not wanting to stay with Emma on the night before their wedding because "a groom cant see a bride on her wedding day!" which was really adorable and endearing, and the kind of fun characterization that so few characters get at this point in the show. His sailor roots are always fun to explore, even just for laughs. 

• Love 1
16 hours ago, Camera One said:

I don't get it either, but maybe it's because Tiger Lily told Fiona's SHE is now the great evil, and since Rumple is no longer the Savior, then by prophecy, she has to fight Emma since she's the Savior. 

Yeah, but still, why? Why not roll her eyes and say, "Whatever" about the prophecy? Why go to all that effort? A prophecy usually means it's bound to happen, no matter what you do (though possibly not in the way you expect). You don't have to build your life around making it happen. The Black Fairy seems to have gone to a lot of trouble to make this happen when she doesn't seem all that enthused about it, has no other reason. It seems that if it were really a prophecy, then it would be more like she'd end up fighting Emma for some other reason, and then find out Emma was the Savior, and that's the prophecy coming true.

Spoiler

Weirdly enough, it doesn't seem like the Final Battle really was with Emma, since it was Rumple who killed the Black Fairy. So was the original prophecy actually about Rumple and not the Savior? Except he didn't die. She did. The one who "dies" is Emma, for about 30 seconds, fighting Gideon. So I guess it was two prophecies in one -- Rumple would fight the evil born that winter, and the Savior would die.

18 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

Whats really funny about this lame as fuck backstory is that it basically retroactively justifies Rumples hatred of the fairies, which always seemed really petty this whole time, but as it turns out, Blue and the fairies really did screw him over from minute one, and he never even knew it!

I thought he hated fairies because Blue gave Bae the magic bean as part of a plan to get rid of him by sending him to a world where he'd have no magic. That was explanation enough. I guess Blue was trying to undo her previous mistakes with him by getting him out of the way.

The Black Fairy's banishment was pretty weak, as well, given that she was able to show up in other places long enough to steal babies. I guess she was on a bungie cord, so she could pop over and steal a baby before she snapped back.

21 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

Didn't she say that she created dark magic at some point? I guess dark magic hasn't been around for a very long time!

And yet we know that the Dark One pre-dated her because Nimue was around centuries before. Wasn't that the creation of dark magic, turning the magical power of the Grail into darkness by using it to murder?

22 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

The highlight of the episode? Hook not wanting to stay with Emma on the night before their wedding because "a groom cant see a bride on her wedding day!"

The other highlight was Hook asking for proof of identity before he handed the wand over to Regina -- finally! After all this time of them being duped by shapeshifting villains, someone finally thinks to verify identity. And because it's This Show, that backfires because it gives the Black Fairy time to show up, and Hook has to apologize to Regina for doubting her.

• Love 3
18 minutes ago, Shanna Marie said:

Yeah, but still, why? Why not roll her eyes and say, "Whatever" about the prophecy? Why go to all that effort? A prophecy usually means it's bound to happen, no matter what you do (though possibly not in the way you expect). You don't have to build your life around making it happen. The Black Fairy seems to have gone to a lot of trouble to make this happen when she doesn't seem all that enthused about it, has no other reason. It seems that if it were really a prophecy, then it would be more like she'd end up fighting Emma for some other reason, and then find out Emma was the Savior, and that's the prophecy coming true.

That is so true.  I'm not sure if we're supposed to believe another motivation of The Black Fairy is to reunite with her beloved son, except she's never acted like she cared for him since the events of the flashback.  I'm surprised she wasn't trying to turn Rumple back into a baby because that's pretty much the Stiltskin Family Way.  

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 1

As much as I complain about how nothing in this show is ever explained and the world and lore is so unexplored, whenever we do get explanations, like with the Black Fairy creating the OG dark curse, it’s ridiculously lame at best, and raises billions more questions, some that basically break the whole universe and create massive plot holes, that will never be explained or explored at worst. 

• Love 2

I forgot this episode forced Emma to go along on a boring journey with Rumple and Gideon to discover his past. 

The scene where Emma is trying to parallel her struggles as an orphan with Rumple's was laughable.  I'm past the point where I care about his sob story. 

The whole climatic scene with Fiona, Tiger Lily and Blue was pretty badly staged in the sense that it made no sense why the characters didn't do certain things.  Blue was powerful enough to get Tiger Lily's heart back again, yet she couldn't do anything when Fiona took the Shears.  Why didn't Blue just cut Fiona from her powers?  At first, I thought someone could only use the Shears on themselves, but Fiona used the Shears on Rumple.  Why couldn't Blue have frozen Fiona or banished her immediately?  Now that Rumple was no longer The Savior, why didn't Blue banish  Baby Rumple along with Fiona.  At least then she would have her son to humanize her.  This doesn't include all the other questions like why didn't Blue act earlier when she learned Fiona had turned herself into a fairy?  Why did Blue allow Tiger Lily to bring Fiona into the inner sanctum?  Blue reprimanded Nova and Tinkerbelle, but we never saw her yelling at Tiger Lily over much graver mistakes.  Tiger Lily could have told Hook all of this when he was there a few episodes ago and The Black Fairy's precious little secret would be out.

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 1
On 5/3/2017 at 7:06 PM, jhlipton said:

What does? 

Are we ever going to find out whose black heart Rumple stole?  There's somebody Eeeeeevil who's now under Rumple's control, right?

Or it might have been a lump of charcoal for the examination anyone gave it...

On 8/31/2019 at 2:48 PM, tennisgurl said:

Whats really funny about this lame as fuck backstory is that it basically retroactively justifies Rumples hatred of the fairies, which always seemed really petty this whole time, but as it turns out, Blue and the fairies really did screw him over from minute one, and he never even knew it! I mean, how is it a good idea to tell parents the instant their baby is born that they have this amazing destiny? At best it puts ridiculous pressure on the poor kid, and at worst...this happens! Then Tiger Lily, who is an even bigger idiot than Blue apparently, gives her a prophesy saying that her son will die in battle? WHY?! Why would she keep giving her stuff? Then they banish her because of the actions of a prophesy that never would have even come true if they had left well enough alone and let Rumple grow up normally! And then after that, they dump now destiny-less Rumple back with his father, who is clearly heartbroken and bitter and blames his son for his wife being taken from him, and they never even checked up on him? His fairy god mother just fucked off to Neverland and because the kid wasn't prophesy special anymore, they left with him an abusive asshole prime to ditch him at the drop of a hat and they would both go on to create even MORE problems?! So much for protecting children I guess Them snapping his heroism away was even implied to make him a coward! Really, the fairies are the true big bads of this show, just due to sheer incompetence!

So a normal person can wave a wand and become a fairy because...she said some words? Tiger Lily says "Thats impossible" and thats all we get for an explanation? And this all makes the Black Fairies motives even more nonsensical, if thats even possible. So why was she kidnapping children this whole time? Why was she trying to get to Storeybrooke? And why create a town in Maine (due to the timeline, when would they even be dumping them? Pre Colonial Maine?) in the 21 century? You can make sense as to why Regina or even Rumple might create this cures, but for Fiona, it just makes no sense at all. She wants to take every person out of her world to protect her son, and then what? And what is she even doing now? 

The one decent part of this was her basically making the same choice that Rumple would make with Bae, choosing power over their child, all the while saying that they are doing this for their kid. Other than that, the Dark Fairy being Rumples mom just makes this a lame excuse to pretend that she is some big final villain that started it all, even if it makes no sense. Didn't she say that she created dark magic at some point? I guess dark magic hasn't been around for a very long time! There was so much they could have done with her if they wanted her to be our big end game villain, and they wasted it. 

The highlight of the episode? Hook not wanting to stay with Emma on the night before their wedding because "a groom cant see a bride on her wedding day!" which was really adorable and endearing, and the kind of fun characterization that so few characters get at this point in the show. His sailor roots are always fun to explore, even just for laughs. 

This might be one of the best synopses of the whole show that I've seen. Especially given that I'm more or less binge-watching, this is about as much as I can really retain anyway! LOL

• Love 1