Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E04: The Etiquette of Friendship

• Start Topic

23 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

She was there as Lu's friend, but I think she is friends with both of them. She has also been a close friend of Carole's forever. 

Sorry. I'm tired. Either that or I can't be bothered with these people anymore, lol

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Emmeline said:

Dorinda made a complete and utter fool of herself.  I know she said she wasn't drinking, but they did film her with a glass of wine.  Still, it makes you wonder about her behavior being drug induced.

If I'd been hosting that dinner party, Dorinda's ass would have been sitting on the curb immediately after her first sentence.  Low class and trashy doesn't begin to describe her behavior that night.

• Love 24
1 hour ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

Agree it looked dirty and  unkept.

PS Alex McCord tonight on WWHL! DVR and Herman Munster Shoes alert! Looking forward to it as much as Carole's Election Party! 

Sorry ~ Filming but not airing until next week. :(

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, BloggerAloud said:

The women's ability to eviscerate each other and then make up with one another is truly hilarious to watch. Like going from referring to someone's privates as the Holland Tunnel to "I don't hold a grudge" is stunning.

When you're under contract and getting paid big bucks it's more like acting.  It's not real anymore so very easy to recover from.  

• Love 11
5 minutes ago, crgirl412 said:

When you're under contract and getting paid big bucks it's more like acting.  It's not real anymore so very easy to recover from.  

I'm sure you're right. But I do think there are real issues. It's just that Real Housewives goes out of its way to not talk about the fourth wall until the reunion that you have all these contorting themselves to get the real issues onto the show in some capacity without breaking the fourth wall. If ever there was a show that needed a revamp with a la Teen Mom and having a different look into the process, it's the Real Housewives.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Straycat80 said:

Sonja washes here underwear in the toilet? Did I see that right! Ew! 

1 hour ago, ihartcoffee said:

What in the world Sonja,  why do we always see your umdies? Was she washing them in the bidet?  If that's how it's spelled....

1 hour ago, Sarcastica said:

Watching Sonja Morgan wash her fucking panties in the bidet is something that will horrify me forever.

Ummm, we knew that and worse folks.

http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-new-york-city/season-5/videos/face-full-of-ass-water

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Wierzbowski said:

I recognized the mini LED tree that I suppose was meant to act as decoration on Ramona's table as one I got for my 5 year old at the Dollar Tree. Fits perfectly with those green napkins and outdated striped chairs she has, I guess. 

The silk flowers as a table decoration sent me over the edge also.  And that kitchen tile... oh my!!

I hope they add Candace Bushnell as a housewife next season.

• Love 6

Fuck yes, I love that lulu asked for dessert.

My birthday is in November!!!!!

My mom told me, "If you ever go to jail, call your 'friends' to come bail you out.

Etiquette of Friendship, my ass.

I thought beffany was 'gangster'?  She's a wuss.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, QuinnM said:

Is it just me or was Ramona getting a really nasty edit?  She did not come across well at all. 

Not just you -- I am aware of it, too. I wonder if Moaner has gone too far with her behind-the-scenes demand, whines, and phone calls to Andy (in the past he's mentioned that some HWs call him constantly). Whatever quirky charm Moaner had in S1-3 is gone forever. Now she seems seriously unbalanced and a little too enraptured with her OG status -- as if that's ever protected anyone *cough! Vicki G cough!* from the stuff they'd prefer not make it air ending up front and center.

• Love 10

Beth's TH would have been funny except for the fact what for her two new dog's are named.  Biggsy and Small?  Or whatever.

Yeah, very little of Beth this episode.  Thank you.  Of course we have to have the required scene of Beth talking about the brutality of what she is going through with her ex.  Just shut up Beth about your 'hell' and the other words you have used to describe your divorce, your ex, your parents, your fibroids and all the other things that make you feel you have the hardest life on the face of the earth.

So Adam is moving out?

Dorinda?  What was that?  I get you're mad at Sonja but you don't do that at the dinner table.  Ro was making it nice and you didn't appreciate it.  Wow.

Lu and Dorinda in coordinated outfits.  Gotta love it.

I love Lu's house.  All those spices and stuff out.  Ship lap.  It's relaxed.  Ro's house needs updating and it just looks ugh from the outside.  Hamptons it's not.

Edited to add Beth's blog.  She felt tortured and miserable.  I rest my case:

http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-new-york-city/season-9/blogs/bethenny-frankel/bethenny-frankel-i-have-felt

Edited by breezy424
  • Love 14
1 hour ago, WireWrap said:

Worse, she washes her dildos in the dishwasher alongside her plates/glasses/utensils/pots/pans! Ewwwwwwwwwww! LOL

I want to know where she keeps her cucumbers and bananas.......

• Love 5

I don't really fuck with Bethenny but her talking head about Carole being able to write a novel but can't come up with names for her three cats was one of the funniest things I've heard on this show.

This cracked me up as well. I kept thinking really Carole you couldn't come up with three different names? Also, Carole assuming that the kittens were girls, which they might be, but Carole acted like she did not know for sure.

I did like Carole's reaction shots during the Dorinda dinner party meltdown.

I do not believe for a second that Ramona cooked the food that she served at her party.

Does Sonja not have a washer and dryer or a sink? Why was she washing her underwear in the toilet/bidet (I forgot which one it was)? If she is going to hand wash them I am sure she has a sink in that bathroom. At least I would hope so. Hell put them in the dishwasher with your sex toys. Did Charlie Rose really go to Sonja's play?

I am kind of liking Tinsley. I already like her way more than Jules. Of course it could all go downhill fast, but I like her right now.

I know we are only four episodes in but Ramona just seems kind of off. She is being very messy. She was always kind of messy, but now it just seems to be more than usual. I cannot really put my finger on why she seems different than before. Well, besides her face.

I think Dorinda should have handled the whole situation with Sonja better. I got the impression from Dorinda speaking about it with the other housewives that it was much more than what she went after Sonja for at Ramona's. I do not know if it was because Dorinda was angry and word vomiting, but it all seemed left unsaid. I was fine with Dorinda being angry at Sonja, but she could have handled it way better. 

I really do not get Sonja's issue with Dorinda. Is it really the Berkshires thing? I thought Sonja and Dorinda were friendly after the Berkshires non-invite.

I laughed at Sonja's intern (Conner?) standing in the kitchen holding the dog while Tinsley and Sonja were arguing. 

Edited by Misslindsey
  • Love 12
17 minutes ago, ElDosEquis said:

Can someone tell me how many lanes there are in the Holland Tunnel?

It depends on what day it is, or what time of the day it is.  There are actually two lanes going into the city and two going out, but if there is construction, an issue or a car breaks down, it is more than likely only one lane, either way.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, ElDosEquis said:

It's hard to see thru the tears of laughter.

I hope you are not laughing at those ducks, that was their screen moment possibly leading to their SAG cards. Quack quack and all that jazz.

• Love 5
Just now, njbchlover said:

It depends on what day it is, or what time of the day it is.  There are actually two lanes going into the city and two going out, but if there is construction, an issue or a car breaks down, it is more than likely only one lane, either way.

How many lanes after a 'rejuvenation'?

1 minute ago, mbaywife123 said:

I hope you are not laughing at those ducks, that was their screen moment possibly leading to their SAG cards. Quack quack and all that jazz.

Nope, I am more a Woodsy Owl kinda guy.

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, Misslindsey said:

This cracked me up as well. I kept thinking really Carole you couldn't come up with three different names? Also, Carole assuming that the kittens were girls, which they might be, but Carole acted like she did not know for sure.

I did like Carole's reaction shots during the Dorinda dinner party meltdown.

I do not believe for a second that Ramona cooked the food that she served at her party.

Does Sonya not have a washer and dryer or a sink? Why was she washing her underwear in the toilet/bidet (I forgot which one it was)? If she is going to hand wash them I am sure she has a sink in that bathroom. At least I would hope so. Hell put them in the dishwasher with your sex toys. Did Charlie Rose really go to Sonya's play?

I am kind of liking Tinsley. I already like her way more than Jules. Of course it could all go downhill fast, but I like her right now.

I know we are only four episodes in but Ramona just seems kind of off. She is being very messy. She was always kind of messy, but now it just seems to be more than usual. I cannot really put my finger on why she seems different than before. Well, besides her face.

I think Dorinda should have handled the whole situation with Sonya better. I got the impression from Dorinda speaking about it with the other housewives that it was much more than what she went after Sonya for at Ramona's. I do not know if it was because Dorinda was angry and word vomiting, but it all seemed left unsaid. I was fine with Dorinda being angry at Sonya, but she could have handled it way better. 

I really do not get Sonya's issue with Dorinda. Is it really the Berkshires thing? I thought Sonya and Dorinda were friendly after the Berkshires non-invite.

Sonja was washing her undies in the bidet to justify her "funny, quirky girl in the city" persona, and for the exact reason that it will be discussed, here, on other message boards, in any blogs, etc.  It will give her some relevance.  It will, of course, be brought up at the reunion, as well - it will draw attention to her, and that is exactly what she wants.

• Love 19
22 minutes ago, ElDosEquis said:

Can someone tell me how many lanes there are in the Holland Tunnel?

Two lanes outbound to NJ, two lanes inbound to NYC. During the morning rush hour, 3 lanes going into NYC. During evening rush hour, 3 lanes outbound to NJ.

I wouldn't compare Sonja to the Holland Tunnel...more like a Dutch Oven with a backdoor release valve.

• Love 7

So Andy revealed tonight on WWHL that Carole finally got rid of her famous couch. Wonder who ended up with its legacy, despite it now sadly being all tattered and shredded into rags? She used to claim that she got some insane offers to buy that couch over the years---wonder if she now regrets not taking those offers before it finally started ripping apart. 

Either way, she seems so sad and alone now, with no new books on the board, her young stoner chef gone and her generic foster kittens holed up in her now tattered up apartment. Her place used to be so gorgeous and put together before stoner chef Adam moved in and she became a crazy kiTTen lady---maybe he moved out because he couldn't take anymore endless genderless kittens named Baby.

Bethenny just proved that the show officially doesn't need her alone to bring the irreverent humor. Just seeing kooky Sonja washing her panties in her bidet, unhinged Dorinda making it nice, LuAnn rasping about her coolness and Ramona being Ramona is one of many reasons I can't quit these crazy broads. Although I desperately wanted Dorinda to bring back her slurry martini-mouthed self.

• Love 18
18 minutes ago, ElDosEquis said:

How many lanes after a 'rejuvenation'?

Nope, I am more a Woodsy Owl kinda guy.

LOL!!!!   We will never know the answer to that question, will we?  Whether it is discussing the real Holland Tunnel or the one that is, according to Dorinda, Sonja's vagina.  

Another thing - didn't we hear that Holland Tunnel comment about either Sonja or another housewife in past seasons (maybe RHNJ and Danielle Staub?)  I could swear I heard it before.

Edited by njbchlover
  • Love 2
30 minutes ago, breezy424 said:

Beth's TH would have been funny except for the fact what for her two new dog's are named.  Biggsy and Small?  Or whatever.

Its actually Biggie and Smalls -- as in Biggie Smalls, aka Notorious B.I.G. -- widely recognized as one of the best rappers ever. He was murdered as part of the whole East Coast/West Coast feud, and there were also rumors he was heavily involved in Tupac's murder. . . its actually really kind of bad ass -- and funny -- that her dogs are named Biggie and Smalls, and why she says the dogs are gansta. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Notorious_B.I.G.

Edited by SailorGirl
Wikipedia add
  • Love 19

Sonja washing her panties in the bidet tells me that she only has one functioning pipe left in her townhouse.

She only bathes when it rains hard. I picture the Not Pickles intern running around gathering buckets, teacups, & bowls that catch the drips throughout her home to fill the tub.

The rest of the time, the Not Pickles Intern douses her with the garden watering can.

I’ve always pictured her home smells like mold, cat piss, dog piss, and shit…now we have add Sonja's funky oven…yuck

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, larapu2000 said:

I loved Tinsley's horror at the mellow makeup session following that shitstorm fight.

If Sonja was invited to the shower and not the wedding,  that's shitty etiquette,  LUANN.

I suspect that Luann intended to invite Sonja until Sonja (or someone) started smack talking Luann/Tom in the tabloids (page 6). LOL

• Love 10

What do you call a chef that has no girlfriend?

Homeless.

18 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

LOL!!!!   We will never know the answer to that question, will we?  Whether it is discussing the real Holland Tunnel or the one that is, according to Dorinda, Sonja's vagina.  

Another thing - didn't we hear that Holland Tunnel comment about either Sonja or another housewife in past seasons (maybe RHNJ and Danielle Staub?)  I could swear I heard it before.

At least she didn't compare her to the Golden State/5 Freeway, That fucker has 5 lanes going in each direction in some places.

• Love 12
25 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

Sonja was washing her undies in the bidet to justify her "funny, quirky girl in the city" persona, and for the exact reason that it will be discussed, here, on other message boards, in any blogs, etc.  It will give her some relevance.  It will, of course, be brought up at the reunion, as well - it will draw attention to her, and that is exactly what she wants.

It's not working because we've known that she washes her undies and her face in the bidet since season 5, but everyone here seems surprised.

• Love 6
1 minute ago, HunterHunted said:

It's not working because we've known that she washes her undies and her face in the bidet since season 5, but everyone here seems surprised.

Didn't surprise me at all as it was SNAFU.

• Love 2

When you scream in a person's face that there's an EZ Pass on their vagina...your blood pressure goes down and you live longer. Dorinda could have picked a better venue but letting go on Sonja was great and cathartic for her. Sonja knows she was wrong that's why she sat there and took it. She sold out her friend for free lunches from the press. That's a shitty thing to do to your friend just to get lunch at the Waldorf.

• Love 13
43 minutes ago, Misslindsey said:

I think Dorinda should have handled the whole situation with Sonja better. I got the impression from Dorinda speaking about it with the other housewives that it was much more than what she went after Sonja for at Ramona's. I do not know if it was because Dorinda was angry and word vomiting, but it all seemed left unsaid. I was fine with Dorinda being angry at Sonja, but she could have handled it way better. 

I really do not get Sonja's issue with Dorinda. Is it really the Berkshires thing? I thought Sonja and Dorinda were friendly after the Berkshires non-invite.

I have to admit, even with the drawn-out yelling, I really don't understand why Dorinda is so mad at Sonja.  What has Sonja been saying about Dorinda and to whom?  Why is Sonja trash-talking Dorinda behind her back?  It was all so vague. 

Except "turnstyle and ticket" - that was clear and made me laugh.  I've never heard that expression before.

• Love 7
1 minute ago, mbaywife123 said:

Didn't surprise me at all as it was SNAFU.

I haven't watched the episode yet, but I was surprised to see people commenting about the bidet because she's mentioned washing her lingerie in the bidet, we've seen her wash her lingerie in the bidet in the green bathroom in Morgan Manor, and we've seen her stick her face in the bidet.

• Love 2

The stated impetus for Dorinda going after Sonja (or the last straw) was what Dorinda was calling a "blog post", right?  I thought it actually was just some comments attributed to Sonja by some randos who met her on the street and posted it on one of the Bitch Sesh Facebook groups, not actually a gossip site like ROL or Page 6. That seems awfully contrived to place any kind of veracity in somebody's FB post, not that ROL and Page 6 are all that reliable anyway.  Was there another source of the "tacky" (re: Luann's wedding) and anti Dorinda/John sentiments attributed to Sonja beyond the FB post?

This episode was a pretty good one IMO.  I liked the parallel of Sonja holding Tinsely back from entering Lu's breakfast room to figure out if they were talking about her/them and Tinsley doing the same on the Sonja/Conner conversation.  Bethenny was used in the exact right amount if she's not going to be chucked from the show entirely and she wasn't wrong about Carole's lack of pet naming skills.  I just wish Bethenny had asked Carole what the hell was on her shirt...there was a white splotch that could have been a hole, a stain, or a blob of pet hair.  I'm no stranger to pet hair clinging to my clothes, but I'd hope that a friend would tell me that I had a big gob of it on my shirt if I were being filmed.

• Love 7
8 minutes ago, Drumpf1737 said:

When you scream in a person's face that there's an EZ Pass on their vagina...your blood pressure goes down and you live longer. Dorinda could have picked a better venue but letting go on Sonja was great and cathartic for her. Sonja knows she was wrong that's why she sat there and took it. She sold out her friend for free lunches from the press. That's a shitty thing to do to your friend just to get lunch at the Waldorf.

Sonja even admitted to Tinsley that she has said some unkind things about Dorinda/Luann/Tom to the tabloids! That said,

Spoiler

there is the possibility that someone else was doing it more than Sonja did (it's about 1/2 down the blog in large bold print without naming names) and I suspect it is none other than Ramona. http://tamaratattles.com/2017/04/26/real-housewives-of-new-york-the-etiquette-of-friendship/

• Love 8