Type keyword(s) to search

Kicking & Screaming - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I liked the first episode too. I do wish the women pros were teamed with other women, like the model that is paired with the hot guy. Previews suggest that's going to go into territory I'm not interested in. The show does need to figure out what's going on with the woman with a allergic swollen face. But all in all, some it's some mindless entertainment while nothing else is on. I'm in.

Geesh, sorry for all the typos and poor grammar. I'm not able to edit posts and should have proof read before hitting "send."

• Love 2

I enjoyed this, but wish the elimination was reversed and that the team that went home stayed over the other one.  I will miss the female survivor as she seemed so supportive and experienced.

Don't think any one is going to choose power over prize until several of the teams are gone.

I loved the host-so much so than on New Girl.

• Love 2

I wish both of those bottom teams had gone home.  Both of those guys are so useless and annoying!!

Agree that taking the Power option would be stupid.  All that does is put a target on you back for no real gain at this point.  That survival expert who was so adamant that the winning team should pick Power is an idiot when it comes to strategy.

I think Dream Crusher shows a lot of signs of Aspergers.  While he may be highly intelligent and a master chess player, it seems obvious to me he struggles with the interpersonal skills.  I could say the same for his almost mute partner.  I didn't get the feeling these two were big on communication. But I give him (and anyone signing up for these kinds of shows) props for putting himself in what looks like a very uncomfortable situation...socially, physically, emotionally. 

I'd never apply to be a contestant because I know the hardest part for me in would be the social side. For example; I would have a very hard time playing nice with people who annoyed me.  I couldn't hide my eye rolling or snarky sarcastic comments at all if I were stranded with someone like Nakeisha.  I would be able to handle the outdoors, the bugs, the dirt, the lack of food for about 5-7 days.  I could hold in my utter distaste for Nakeisha's shenanigans for about 3 hours, tops. Crying because you don't want to "taste" a new food?? She acted like they gave her a plate of poop versus a wild potato.  Is it the most appetizing thing to eat? No, but it's edible and will help sustain your bony ass for another day.

Loved the crazy food feast.  I wonder how many of the 4 winners had gastrointestinal "issues" after that chow down?

Did they ever tell us what happened to Kirsten after the medics took her? What the Hell she was allergic too?  She looked so uncomfortable!

• Love 4

OMG, the fuss and comments over the taro!!  "I don't know how long that's been sitting in the ground", "I don't know where that came from", etc.  How much of a moron are you???  Do you not know how vegetables grow?  I feel so sorry for her partner, having to deal with that level of stupidity.

• Love 3

The guy who's the Ninja was on "Naked and Afraid."  I remember him because the woman he was paired with was a dead ringer for Miley Cyrus.

I can't stand Nakeisha either, and her weave is crooked.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 2

Totally loved it that The Punishers duo went home, beaten by a "lesser" leader and a "girl." Nah nah nah, Dream Crusher. And yeah, all that fuss over eating a taro ... like where does she think a potato comes from? I agree that choosing power is stupid, mainly because no team stands out as being the best. Maybe the worst is the Boy Scout/Non Taro eater, but I figure them to be gone soon. And yeah, pigging all that food was sure to make every person do a fast run behind the farthest bush, even if they had been eating regularly. I would have offered to share some of that food overload with the others, snuck them a few chicken legs and lobsters under the table, like kids do when sneaking food to their dog.

• Love 1

I find it funny and am interested in how they plan to challenge the contestants. The pairings seem good and I predict some fireworks in the jungle as the primadonnas get squeamish and their expert partners get raw as there is money on the line. 

only saw about 30 minutes but i can see where this show is trying to go...lol.

Pairing "opposites" yet they paired the hot guy with the hot girl and they just happened to win the romantic tent together?... coincidence? 

And of course the women are in bikini bottoms right from the get go... not that I mind =) but it's clear what this show is going for and survival is def not the main focus.

• Love 1

That's the closest I've ever seen to a literal interpretation of "shooting fish in a barrel."

It was basically about as dumb as I expected.  I just don't understand the mindset that brags about being high maintenance and inept at coping skills.  Plus, the "showmances" are the least interesting part of Survivor to me, and Fox obviously disagrees.  At least they aren't ALL hotbody teams pitting their opposing lifestyle preferences against their physical attraction to each other.

I'd love to see the (off-camera) truck hauling all their luggage around--lots of wardrobe changes throughout the hour.  I notice the hostess is the only one dressed sensibly in long pants tucked into boots and, uptop, layers.

Maxwell is my favorite right now too, based on all his THs and realistic yet prima donna view of the competition. He is comedy gold, so I hope he stays around a long while. I wish Rasta Ross and the woman guide who left last week were still on. *sigh* Maybe they'll come back for some grand finale? I also wonder what caused the allergy that didn't respond to the epi pen. I've had a similar problem and it ain't fun, folks.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Machiabelly said:

Bye ninja.

Man he was insufferable. 

Yah, he was the same when he was on "Naked & Afraid".  I kind of figured he and his partner would be the ones to go home based on the edit.  Showing all their zen compatibility had to be the death knell for that team.

The Boy Scout guy and his partner winning will hopefully help them mend fences and work together better.  And I have to give Nakeisha some credit for going to her partner and explaining her position.  I still wouldn't want to be stranded with her for long, but she showed more maturity in her convo with whatshisname than over the last few episodes. He could have tossed her a bone and made her feel heard.  Instead he continued his disappointed Dad rant and walked away from her.

When winning lady said she was turning 50 next year, I was like meh.  I would have said 45.  She looks like she is in good physical shape, but I wouldn't have  guessed she was in her 20's or 30's.  Besides, most women in their 50's that I know (myself included!) do not look like what "50" looked like in our parents'/grandparents' day.  My cousin just turned 50 and she looks 30. Some of the parents at my kid's school were surprised when I said I was 50 and told me they thought I was 10 years younger (they are all my new BFF's). My mom is 72 and people think she's in her 60's.  These days we can thank fitness, good genes and all the potions in Target's Health & Beauty aisle for not looking like crones when we hit 40.

I again wonder how much of this is scripted and how many of these contestants - aren't actually professional contestants  playing a role. Sorry but the cheerleader who is all valley girl has a pretty good set of arms on her - she didn't just develop them cheerleading and acting dumb - she's using the gym to bulk up and I'm sure this valley girl routine is just another character to put on her acting resume - but in this episode she blew it - too much drama over the food.

• Love 1

Much unpleasantness this episode!  Neither of the Team Boy Scout members were willing to listen to the other or admit they did anything wrong.  You can't even call them a team, because teams work as a, well, team!

I don't blame John for being annoyed at Nikeisha.  He just wants her to shut up and work and she's too busy being a drama-filled, never-stops-talking millennial.  Just be quiet and stop crying!  He doesn't care about your sob story and lack of awareness; he just wants you to work and contribute!

Edited by Canada

Well, this episode stunk. I hate Boy Scout, he's sexist and elitist and a real piece of work. And now he gets to be on my TV for another week. His partner had a great idea, throw the coconuts to her to save time, and he says no, she can't catch them. So they lose. I swear to god, if that guy is married, his wife is a saint, or deaf. And John could have tossed Nikeisha a bone by saying a simple "Thanks" when she says she's sorry and will try harder. Instead, he's a jerk and now HE can't compromise. I was sorry to see Black Ninja and Baywatch leave, at least they were sympatico together. And I like the winners of the contest, they had some nice convos and bonding time at that resort. So, good on them. Meanwhile, not enough of the funny guy. (I've forgotten his name.)

• Love 1

I didn't know how much I really enjoyed Maxwell until he got eliminated. 

Good for Nakeisha and getting through a double dose of gross; going after those crabs and passing food mouth to mouth to John.   While Nakeisha may be a high maintenance girly-girl, I think she is showing a lot of self awareness and growth so far.  John needs to give his partner a little more positive reinforcement and stop using the word "poopy" in every sentence when talking about her.  If he was going for a tough love approach to get her to focus, fine, it may be working, but he needs to show her some appreciation for goodness sake! And not just a hug when they win.

In these jungle surroundings, I don't think I could ever let myself get all hot and bothered over some one like Natasha & Ben are.  I'm waaaaay too self conscious about how I look/smell to allow it to get to far!  No shower, no shaving, no shampoo means no schmoopy-schmoopy!  Here's my number, call me when we get back to civilization if you're still interested.

• Love 1

I too will miss Maxwell. He was the comic relief of the gang. I loved that he and his partner put on war paint before the challenge.  This episode was called Jungle Love but it had much less romance (showmance) than I had expected. Kudos to K for digging her hand in to get those crabs. 

Its amusing and smart that they are coming up with challenges that test both the survivalist and the pampered princess. That grappling hook sure gave John some issues. 

Natalie was the big spoon.... of course she was!  I suspect Natalie is the big spoon in every relationship she's ever had.  She needs to calm down a bit.  And I really don't want to hear about her wet dreams next week!!

All I saw of this episode was the food-mouth transfer, so I know what happened to all the left-over food from that winner pig out a couple weeks ago. Then the channel went off the air, literally off the air, so I didn't see who went to elimination. I read here Maxwell went home, sorry to see his Ed Grimley hair leave. But what was the challenge and who else competed? Is there a recap anywhere?

• Love 1

Food-mouth transfer challenge, won by Natalie and her Boy Scout.  The prize was a night out in the local hotspot/bar.... and it turns out that everyone got to go!  Yay!  Except, the local hotspot turned out to be a bar and chairs set up in the middle of the jungle.  But at least there was booze.  Everyone drank a lot and Nikeisha tried hard not to misbehave in front of dad.  Speaking of which, Nikeisha and Dad came in last in the challenge, so will face Maxwell and Earth Mother in the elimination challenge.

Some stuff happened with Natalie and her little spoon.  I kind of blocked all that out.

Elimination challenge was digging for crabs.  So everyone put their hands down their pants... oh, wait, not those kind of crabs.  It involved a lot of digging in mud and squealing from Nikeisha.  Nikeisha and Dad won!!  Hurray!  Maxwell learned a lot in the jungle and will go home a better person, and will likely head to the first bar he sees once home.  Actually, probably a spa that serves champagne.

Previews for next week show more squicky Natalie stuff and a bunch of people running towards something.  Someone wants to change partners to be with Natalie, because she's a Big Spoon and kicks ass.

Thanks Canada. I needed that. I'm stunned Natalie and Boy Scout won the challenge. I want Boy Scout to get lost in the woods. Maxwell must have been "power" chosen to go to elimination. It's too bad that people who do well in challenges lose the elimination thing. Interesting, the introduction of booze. I guess TPTB weren't getting enough "drama." I'll miss Maxwell, he was funny and seemed to "get" what the show is about. Well, see you guys next week!

• Love 1
(edited)

It means their chances of winning are 20%. Who knows. They might get paid according to how long they last. 

Who are you rooting for? 

I think the "divas" calmed down pretty fast and settled in faster than I would have expected. 

Edited by Mindthinkr
  • I'm pretty sure the necklaces are their microphones. I first saw these on a super early season of the real world, when that girl refused to wear a shirt and they had no place to clip on her mic. Now pretty much every survival/outdoor/naked/afraid show uses them. 
  • Love 1

Oh Nikeisha.... still delusional at the end.  Thinking, in a survival situation, that people are going to appreciate 'being funny' as your most valuable skill is still pretty crazy!  And I loved the editors putting in clips during that little speech of hers showing her trying to make jokes, very unfunny jokes, and people were pretty much ignoring her.  I don't think you've grown a lot.  Maybe a tiny, miniscule amount.  But you're still pretty delusional!

• Love 1

Did you see her partner's face (John?) when Nikeisha said "I'm going over to his house for barbecue food... it'll be great!"  I LOL'd at his momentary panic-face. Still, though, I find this show kind of sweet in its own way. The "beauty pageant" looked like a lot of fun for them, and it's nice to see folks having some fun instead of reveling in being assholes (I'm looking at you, Stranded with a Million Dollars MaCody, and you, too, Sandra from Survivor!!)

• Love 1

I'm not totally surprised we had a non-elimination week, since Rastaman and his allergic partner went home early & there was still an elimination that week.  But this was an annoying week, especially the Natalie stupidity.  I saw it coming from a mile off that Ben was never going to be interested in her.  He likes the model, remember??

• Love 1