Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E04: Shepwrecked

• Start Topic

10 minutes ago, politichick said:

Considering he's the only one who actually has to work to earn some income, it truly isn't.

Austen would probably disagree with this. I don't think he has mailbox money.

10 minutes ago, politichick said:

Also, didn't a poster in this therad who is friends with friends of Thomas say that he stays in the guest house with the children?

Yes, he himself has asserted on Twitter several times that there is no "night nanny" and he sleeps in the guest house. I see absolutely nothing wrong with that. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, RedHawk said:

Austen is no longer doing the beer sales thing that was shown in the first episode. Or at least he's no longer with that company. Dunno if he just changed companies or is now just relying entirely on his Bravo paycheck.

• Love 1
On 4/25/2017 at 4:35 PM, ScoobieDoobs said:

I know Snowflake is harmless -- and yet I just can't with her.  She really bugs the absolute piss outta me.  Her babble & delusions & her insanely annoying laugh & the whiney tone in the way she speaks & the squinty aren't-I-so-adorable icky looks she always gives the cam?  GAAAAH!

I don't see her as harmless, I think she is an entitled b----!  She really bugs me too.

On 4/25/2017 at 6:11 PM, biakbiak said:

Cam is a real estate agent, we haven't seen it this season but we have in all the other seasons.

Yeah and she seems to suck at it.  I am not liking her this season - she is kind of an asshole.  She is acting very "OC," if you ask me!

Do we not all remember the Cam of yester-year???  

Cameran-Eubanks-Real-World-San-Diego-490x316.jpg

• Love 10
1 hour ago, slowpoked said:

Austen is no longer doing the beer sales thing that was shown in the first episode. Or at least he's no longer with that company. Dunno if he just changed companies or is now just relying entirely on his Bravo paycheck.

I guess he got that disease that makes these folks quit their real jobs as soon as they cash the first Bravo paycheck. He may appear for 5 more seasons if the show lasts that long (heh), but I don't think he has anything special that will launch him into the "next level" of Bravolebrity and earning potential. Well, maybe with Shep as a friend with deep pockets and his knowledge of beer sales and marketing, they might go into a brewery business together one day. There definitely aren't enough breweries out there.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, politichick said:

Also, didn't a poster in this therad who is friends with friends of Thomas say that he stays in the guest house with the children?

Yes, might have been me. That's where he spends his nights when he gets home from work and sends the nanny home. He's got Cam looking for a more kid-friendly house. Which may mean he's done with this show as well. Cam having a baby, Shep going on the road looking for love. All sounds like abandon ship to me.

• Love 2
On 4/26/2017 at 3:16 PM, zenme said:

I agree. Chelsea is cute, but I thought she was about 37 or so.

Me too!  That is my age and I thought she was a contemporary. Maybe it's how she handles herself because she doesn't look over 30.

I have never been on social media (and thank the lords for that after this) but my friend at work sent met her Instagram (which you can stalk even if not on apparently).

She is just bad ass. She's skateboarding, surfing, golfing, fishing, shooting guns and the list goes on.  Which all kind of seems cliche typing but when I looked at these pics I felt she was 100% the real deal and I felt terribly inferior. In a good/bad way. If that is what social media is like I can't imagine being subjected to the amazingness day in day out. Let me tell ya- in the state I live in she would be a guys dream come true.  I said a small prayer of thanks  my guy doesn't watch this show and hope he never will, haha.

All that to say it made the Austen thing ring plot contrived. This cat has it going on and could do infinitely better (at least what we've seen of him so far).  

I hope Craig passed the bar because the (small Bravo world) is watching. Can you imagine!  I have an interview for a promotion on 5/14 and thinking a few hundred thou would follow the outcome makes me want to shit my pants let alone my own nerves. I think he's a good guy who is incredibly hot and wish him well.

I also think Naomie is great but has a real weird nose/eye something happening and am always surprised when I hear the words of her beauty.  She seems cool as shit but hits me at meh for looks.

Cameran is just crazy pretty to me but as they say beauty in the eye.  

• Love 2
5 hours ago, RedHawk said:

Yes, he himself has asserted on Twitter several times that there is no "night nanny" and he sleeps in the guest house. I see absolutely nothing wrong with that. 

Neither do I. As I've said before, the kids can run around and play with abandon and it's not like the guest house is a shack. It's probably nicer than the homes of many people.

Haha. Austen's so new I forgot about him. Was thinking of Shep, Whitney and Thomas and even JD.

• Love 1
On 4/25/2017 at 5:35 PM, ScoobieDoobs said:

WTF is with all the gingham?  There was a scene where Thom-ass & Whitney (the gay ghoul) were sitting together & my TV was literally a damn gingham tablecloth.  Seriously, what the fuckety fuck is going on with this shit?

I know Snowflake is harmless -- and yet I just can't with her.  She really bugs the absolute piss outta me.  Her babble & delusions & her insanely annoying laugh & the whiney tone in the way she speaks & the squinty aren't-I-so-adorable icky looks she always gives the cam?  GAAAAH!

I can't look at Thom-ass without seeing that red bulby boozehound's nose of his.  Yeah, you can have that, Snowflake.

Is there anything memorable about Austen -- other than he seems to be a cleaner version of Horseteeth, and he doesn't have big fake horseteeth?  Austen, like gay ghoul Whitney, speaks like he's got marbles in his mouth.  Meh.

Pure preppy clothing - check next time for a whale on the chest pocket - if so, it's from Vineyard Vines.  If not, it may be from Untuckit - an online clothing company.  Preppy style is very popular in Charleston.

One of my sons has recently started changing his fashion sense from t-shirts and jeans/sweats to khakis/chinos and button down shirts (I guess he's growing up) -he came home yesterday with a casual dress outfit of medium blue chino pants and a pink gingham shirt from the local Vineyard Vines store.  I told him he was going to start looking like Craig or Shep - he just laughed at me.

Thank Goodness this kid is now paying for his own clothes.  That one outfit was almost $200.00!!!  

On 4/25/2017 at 7:18 PM, snarts said:

Yes, with zero listings.  She must be really busy.

Cameron has mentioned previously that she only works with buyers.  I don't know how she can manage never handling a listing on her own, but maybe that's the way the brokerage she works for is set up.

• Love 8

In the Cameran thread there's a recent photo of her and hubby Jason and he's also rocking the gingham. Must have been the "IN" look in Charleston at the end of last summer. Or all of the time, because yes, Charleston is a prepster paradise.

• Love 4
56 minutes ago, Major Bigtime said:

Is it ever! Second only to Columbia further upstate. And Myrtle Beach.

Myrtle Beach...not so much IMHO. There are weeks in the summer where it's all tourists in bathing suits with a tee thrown over and flip flops (a preppie would always have a suit cover up), 2-4  weeks out of the year it's all bikers. I just don't see preppie there. Now I expect to see a lot of preppie on that new Southern Charm set in Savannah. 

Dont forget the prep brand Lacoste...the alligator insignia! 

• Love 3
On 4/27/2017 at 5:55 PM, KnoxForPres said:

I also think Naomie is great but has a real weird nose/eye something happening and am always surprised when I hear the words of her beauty.  She seems cool as shit but hits me at meh for looks.

Cameran is just crazy pretty to me but as they say beauty in the eye.  

For me, she's like Luann from RHONY.  She always looks pulled together and has great taste and sense in dressing herself in flattering colors and cuts.  The same goes for Cameran, she always looks flawless.  I think Naomi is a very pretty girl without her great style, too, so yeah,  some of it is probably taste. 

Edited by larapu2000
  • Love 1

So it looks like Craig  passed the bar....

Whatever will Shep find to bitch about now?

http://www.eonline.com/news/847008/it-finally-happened-southern-charm-s-craig-conover-just-passed-the-bar-exam

On 4/26/2017 at 5:09 PM, politichick said:

Actually the timing of the show was perfect for Craig because he does not fucking want to be a lawyer. He applied and went to law school because it was a defensible and seemingly impressive excuse to put off becoming a real adult and getting a real job like he was surely expected to do if he didn't opt for grad school. If he was really serious about becoming an attorney and the practice of law he probably would have gone to a much better law school. Just like if I had been really serious about studying law decades ago I would have actually prepared for the LSAT before I took the exam and applied to more than one law school. Thank goodness I was on the wait list and a slot didn't open because that probably would have been a costly mistake.

As another poster has noted, Craig went to a diploma mill law school from which a majority of the students graduate with nearly $150k in debt. I hope he's at least paid off that debt with his SC money. Now I'm not hating on anyone who went there. It has been accredited by the American Bar Association and is an option for people who might not be able to get into a more competitive school but really love the law and are willing to do whatever it takes and then likely turn out to be a huge success. I believe that for Craig it was just another detour down Easy Street, or so he thought. That's why he's so defensive when people nag him about it and he doesn't even have the balls to say, you know what, I don't think I really want to be a lawyer. Look at the shitty way he treated his job in the first season that was actually at a law firm. And his unrealistic expectations when he went to work for JD. That's in part why Shep and sometimes Whitney give him a hard time, because he's totally full of it. Craig has a lot of ambition but no work ethic. God bless his heart.

Craig passed the bar. Because, no work ethic or desire to be a lawyer. 

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

I posted Shep's congratulatory tweet on Craig's thread. He actually seemed sincere for once. 

He'd look like kind of a dick to seem anything less. But I can definitely envision a time when he'll take credit for harassing Craig into doing it.

• Love 2

Watching this more closely a second time I realized two things: That Shep finally got the birthday party HE wanted, not Landon's silly high school roller-disco fiasco. (In Shep's mind it was a failure; I personally loved that episode.) And that all this effort by Cameran to get Shep and Chelsea together and consternation that Austen may win her instead is merely a run-up to Shep's new spinoff in which he'll travel around looking for a "RelationShep." 

Although it hadn't been fully fleshed out at the time they were filming this season, the bare bones were in place and Shep and crew were trying to get permission to film at his new beach house on Isle of Palms. The town council there nixed his plan to film his hijinks in their vicinity (they haaaate "Southern Charm") so he's had to take his idea/show on the road. 

Edited by RedHawk
  • Love 3
On 4/24/2017 at 10:34 PM, AngryCarrot86 said:

Unpopular opinion alert: Craig is my favorite male cast member.  This episode made me realize why.  He's a lot of things, but a sleazy womanizer isn't one of them. Craig is also the only one who isn't giving Thomas a pass just for being a good ole' boy, and he has been consistently graceful in regards to Katherine.  Craig might be a lazy fibber, but he seems like he's a genuinely nice person.  I can't say the same for the other guys, and even most of the girls in this cast.  Plus, he cuddles with Gizmo and got excited to see the "babies". I may have swooned.  Give me Craig, Naome and Gizmo over the others and their pretentious, chauvinistic bullshit any day. 

This x 100. I wish they'd give Craig/Naomie/Gizmo a spin-off so I could stop watching this show. 

• Love 4

I'm happy for Craig. (And Naomie). But how can he put it to good use and be on the show? 

On 4/27/2017 at 6:55 PM, KnoxForPres said:

That's what makes her fascinating to me .... she has that French woman style thing going on, and her attractiveness is not just based on having conventional features.

• Love 7
14 hours ago, Nancypants said:

Craig passed the bar. Because, no work ethic or desire to be a lawyer. 

I still dont think that he has any desire to be a lawyer otherwise he would have dealt with all of this 3 years ago. Congrats to him but I am curious if he will actual practice law. 

• Love 4
On April 25, 2017 at 3:02 PM, Nancypants said:

Thomas you can SHUT THE FUCK UP about. Your concern for your Ravenel name and Legacy. Your Long sordid list of Misdeeds, mysogeny and Galling Asshattery ! GahtDAMN BOY, YOU ARE such an Embarrassment to your precious name. 

How you get to be such a snob about who you are is beyond me

I don't care how much money your ancestors made on the back of slaves, your Ravenel name distinguishes you as the ancestor of people who practice Human Bondage. Your Name is Loathsome, as are your actions. 

Please marry that Village Idiot with the dolphin voice.That should be sufficient punishment

Oh and hell yea, that gladiola arrangement was depressing. You really Crushed it, Dolphin.

YES TO THIS! ??  Landon giggled with glee to be added to the " Oppressive Class" with Dumbo Ears' stupid comment about O.C. He is playing on her weakness which is her desire to belong to the wealthy class. Her broke ass will never get there. Dumbo does not respect her (Katherine is beautiful and has the proper bloodlines) and never will, hence, the B.J. comments on national TV and in full view of her parents.  Landon does not come from money. Her divorce settlement is online and she got a bank account with $645.00 in it. The home was owned by her ex before the marriage so it wasn't marital property. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Major Bigtime said:

I think he needs to open up a cat day care/boarding and grooming business. He can build all kinds of play towers for them, and cages, etc. Craig's Cattery!

Where as LVP of RHOBH has become all things about dogs, Craig can be the equivalent for cats!! Then he'd have more pussy than any of those skirt chasers!! lol

• Love 2

Thomas was hot, thirsty and annoyed when his children happened to pass by (the other polo team with a young woman was ahead at the time). The cameras were in his face at a time when he didn't want them to be. That's why he made the terse comment about being busy. Also, although it's unusual, I have close friends whose parents stashed their kids in children's wings, completely separate from the main part of the house, with nannies and housekeepers. In fact, one of these families was large and took over a local historical hotel as part of their home. So I don't clutch my pearls at Thomas' arrangement. I suspect he sleeps in the historical home when he is entertaining a lady friend, with a nanny staying with the children.

His trashy comments about blow jobs and being in the upper class, and dismissing a woman because she "has cankles," bother me much more than his living arrangements.

Good for Craig for passing the bar. However, I think he hopes to marry Naomie and work for her parents, as he recently said he would like to work in real estate (their business). He wants wealth and status RIGHT NOW without having to work regular hours. I think he's very shallow and his faux dismay at Thomas ignoring the children was all for the cameras. I bet her parents will insist on a pre-nup if Craig and Naomie make it to the altar.

Shep sure seems irritable for a guy who has it all. Production doesn't control personality and character.

• Love 6
12 hours ago, biakbiak said:

I still dont think that he has any desire to be a lawyer otherwise he would have dealt with all of this 3 years ago. Congrats to him but I am curious if he will actual practice law. 

Now that Craig has taken and  passed the bar, because, well I guess he was just !!!!Spontaneously looking for a Fun Activity that day that required No work, Study or Forethought, we can all now turn our nose up at this Throwaway Achievement.!!!!

Let the speculation begin now about what Craig Wants to actually do with his life , for example , something Law-ish.

• Love 5
51 minutes ago, Nancypants said:

Now that Craig has taken and  passed the bar, because, well I guess he was just !!!!Spontaneously looking for a Fun Activity that day that required No work, Study or Forethought, we can all now turn our nose up at this Throwaway Achievement.!!!!

Let the speculation begin now about what Craig Wants to actually do with his life , for example , something Law-ish.

No. I just think he realized after three years it wasn't even his castmates who were curious it was fans of the show who kept tweeting him about why he didn't take the bar so he finally had to announce he hadn't even graduated law school.

Again good on him for doing it but even he was working as a paralegal with a shifty lawyer he had a shitty work ethic as he explained to viewers himself.

• Love 1

Cameron doesn't take listings. She is a real estate agent for buyers only. That has been said before on the show, which is the only way I could know. I thought it was strange as I had never heard of this type of practice and that RE agents really want listings; however, I don't know much about RE listing and agents and how they specialize, so I figured it works for her as no one else ever pointed it out as odd. She is relatively new to it and had just gotten her license as Season 1 started and was still working at a department store. She seems to be doing well now in Season 5. She made a big thing about never wanting to be financially dependent on a man because of her own mother's experience and she seems to really like working and want a career. So much so that the issue of having a baby is coming up in her life. Jason is 10 years older (41 ish) and wants kids. Cameron wasn't sure and definitely did not want to be home with a baby right now. She wants to continue working and socializing right now. 

EDIT: Apparently, Cameron and Jason announced that they are pregnant! So she worked through her issues about feeling unsure about it. Whether it was storyline or not, it rang true to me in that I could really relate to how she felt at 30 or 31 and everyone asking about a baby and it just feeling like it is something you want in theory, but would freak you out right now. I appreciated her giving voice to that because no one really talks about it and you NEED to talk about it to know if other people feel this too and then you just dive in and it's great or if how you feel is different and you need to really think and plan. I am a New Yorker so the pressure is less at younger ages, but it is still there and time flies! I am glad she talked about it and it helped her figure it out. Congrats to Cam and Jason! And to Craig! ;)

Edited by Luckylondon
  • Love 3

I still remember when she was beginning her real estate career and she was doing a ride along with a higher up and trying to learn all the architectural terms. She's come a long way I assume. (Crap does that mean I'm a ass?)

I'm very happy for her about being pregnant. I think once the babe arrives it's going to be so sweet she'll want to eat it up like a spoon of sugar. With a Dr for a husband I'm sure that she'll learn all the do's and don'ts quickly. 

• Love 2

Sooo, Camera-ON posits on childcare and the North vs South sensibilities.  Yes, I heard her say it, whilst she was trying to defend T-Rav.  How's that working out for you now, Southern (not so charming) Momma?

• Love 3

Maybe her husband told her she could drop her charade of a real estate career if she dropped a couple of babies and become a stay at home mother after the reality TV was over.

• Love 2
37 minutes ago, scrb said:

Maybe her husband told her she could drop her charade of a real estate career if she dropped a couple of babies and become a stay at home mother after the reality TV was over.

What is interesting about Cameron,  compared to some other women on the show, she says she does not WANT to be a stay at home mom, the way that many of the others would! She says she doesn't want to be chained to the house with babies and completely dependent on a man without ability to take care of herself. I am sure this will change a bit with children, however, I believe her need to not feel trapped in something and to be ok as an individual is something deep within her from her parents own divorce (and has nothing to do with the health of her own marriage, which seems quite happy and healthy). 

Edited by Luckylondon
Spelling of Names!
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, Luckylondon said:

What is interesting about Cameron,  compared to some other women on the show, she says she does not WANT to be a stay at home mom, the way that many of the others would! She says she doesn't want to be chained to the house with babies and completely dependent on a man without ability to take care of herself. I am sure this will change a bit with children, however, I believe her need to not feel trapped in something and to be ok as an individual is something deep within her from her parents own divorce (and has nothing to do with the health of her own marriage, which seems quite happy and healthy). 

Yeah - except - she got preggers, despite her years of TeeVee protestations, and will undoubtably become insufferable.

• Love 1
(edited)
On 4/27/2017 at 4:55 PM, KnoxForPres said:

She is just bad ass. She's skateboarding, surfing, golfing, fishing, shooting guns and the list goes on.  Which all kind of seems cliche typing but when I looked at these pics I felt she was 100% the real deal and I felt terribly inferior. In a good/bad way. If that is what social media is like I can't imagine being subjected to the amazingness day in day out. Let me tell ya- in the state I live in she would be a guys dream come true.  I said a small prayer of thanks  my guy doesn't watch this show and hope he never will, haha.

LOL, she really is an outdoorsy person. And loves her beer. She did an interview with Rob Cesternino from RHAP a few years back for Survivor and she shotgunned a beer under 10 seconds or so. I don't know if that's normal but that was impressive to me.

Interesting that she hasn't shilled the show yet on any of her social media accounts. 

Edited by slowpoked

I don't understand why Austen has been brought on this show. He's not that great looking, not that charming, a woman chaser (which I absolutely hate) and has no redeeming value as far as I can see. I don't find him interesting at all. What was the point?

• Love 5
21 minutes ago, Gam2 said:

I don't understand why Austen has been brought on this show. He's not that great looking, not that charming, a woman chaser (which I absolutely hate) and has no redeeming value as far as I can see. I don't find him interesting at all. What was the point?

Agreed. I would have liked Danni maybe, or Jennifer?

• Love 1
16 hours ago, Gam2 said:

To aggravate Shep.

• Love 5
21 hours ago, Gam2 said:

The best description I have read of him so far was on a recap on this site - "someone with a sexual appeal of an algae". 

• Love 6