Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E04: Shepwrecked

• Start Topic

@imjagain And the fact is that Thomas is so stupid that he would have picked a party girl to have kids with, anyway, even if that party girl hadn't been Kathryn. That's because the places he's looking for "wife material" only host "party girl material", and he's too insipid to realize that and change his approach.

• Love 9

Remember when Thomas was engaged to Bev Cart girl? Almost made it to the altar, and he still regrets that. I think his involvement with Kathryn and others like her is some type of self-punishment. It's horrible that 2 innocent children are the fallout.

• Love 7
15 hours ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

Is there anything memorable about Austen -- other than he seems to be a cleaner version of Horseteeth, and he doesn't have big fake horseteeth?

I've spent the last episodes wondering how he even got cast? Surely, there must be other famewhores with more to offer. At least Shep's monied lifestyle is a curiosity to me; Austen offers nothing to pique my interest. 

As for Craig passing the bar? I will be impressed if he does.  I'm under the impression that is a rigorous exam that requires a lot of "butt in chair" studying beforehand that we haven't seen Craig exhibit yet. 

• Love 2

I'm not a big Craig fan, but, I do hope that he passes the Bar.  Graduating from law school and studying for the Bar are brutal, imo.  It's stressful to take the Bar, but, it's the grueling preparation that really kicks your butt.  HOWEVER, practicing law is very hard work and stressful. This is based on my experience.  When you first start out, it's especially stressful and there are many long hours.  I found this to be the case not only with myself, but, most of my colleagues.  I can't see Craig doing that, unless he gets a cushy job in a firm where he is there in name only and doesn't really do the work, have billable hours, meet with clients. etc.  In a large firm, he'll have to bill hours.  Much time, devotion and energy is expected from a new attorney.  I suspect that he may try something else, even if he does pass. 

• Love 8

Craig just got distracted by reality TV. If this show had never come around he'd already be a lawyer toiling away in some firm. Instead, the show dropped into his lap at the worst time - right when he graduated and should be taking the bar. Then the show was a moderate success and I think a lot of people would reason that they could always be a lawyer after the reality TV stint is over. At least he has a career that he can pursue after the show ends, unlike Landon or Kathryn. Although I agree @SunnyBeBe that he may pursue something else - I certainly don't do anything related to the two degrees that I have. But I don't see what business that is of anyone else's (on the show). Admittedly, Craig has been pretty defensive about being a lawyer - sometimes it's annoying when people can pick up on things you can't admit to yourself yet.

I have a soft spot for Craig and I don't know why. Maybe just because he seems like an outsider to the group and Shep is constantly picking on him.

• Love 12
11 hours ago, bravofan27 said:

Not to judge (too much) but the fact that Kathryn could not handle the responsibility of two young children WITH a full time nanny, money, and no job, is a pretty pathetic. It's more than possible Thomas set her up to fail (to save money on a 2nd household), but I still have to wonder how she let it slip through her fingers so quickly. Her children are incredibly young and she is spending a lot of time away from them, which is not good at all for a healthy mother-child relationship. Not to mention they are already at a disadvantage cognitively due to prenatal drug exposure.  Thomas is such a sleeze bag for not taking better care of Kathryn and looking at her only as a commodity. If he really cared about his family, he would take care of his children's mother, even if she was batshit crazy. Of course, then he would have to consider his own drug use, which he maybe can control better than Kathryn, having years of addict experience behind him. But the guy is a raging coke head ready to drop dead at any moment. 

I really think Thomas took as much money as needed and threw it at the court system to stick it to Kathryn.  I think her attitude played a large part in that, if she wasn't so reactive I think they could have gotten along fine.  However I know quite a few people who have exes that are recovering drug addicts (my brother being one of them - the custodial parent, not the drug addict) and NONE have them have ever taken away visitation from the mother. (oddly all the drug addicts I know in these situations are the mother and the dad's all have custody).  So I find it EXTREMELY interesting that Thomas was able to get her custody taken away so easily.  My brother had to wait until his ex got arrested and put in jail so that she had no choice but to give up custody. 

3 hours ago, sasha206 said:

That said, I can't imagine NOT getting up and giving your kids a bit kiss. 

At the very least he could have turned around and said bye to them!

I loved Craig a little more in that moment. 

• Love 9

Out of all the parents of young children who are drug addicts that I know, the GRANDPARENTS have custody and end up raising the kids.  We have a family friend who raised her grandchildren, along with her husband.  The children's mother and father BOTH died from drug overdoses while in their 30's!  For some reason Heroin, is a very popular drug and it's killing a lot of young people.  I have a niece who works in an ER. She says the number of overdoses on the weekends is astounding.  I'm not sure what Kathryn's drug of choice is. 

I suppose that people can get into rehab and change, but, I'm not so sure that drugs are really Kathryn's primary problem.  There may much more going on.  People who thrive on drama, chaos, danger, attention and interpersonal conflict, may suffer from a personality disorder, that is not so prone to treatment. 

• Love 7

Another thing that is bugging me... this whole Chelsea and Austen thing.... at the beginning of the season Austen said he broke up with his long term girlfriend of 3(?) years because he wasn't ready to settle down and basically wanted to play the field.  Chelsea comes along and last week's episode he says he isn't against settling down. uhhhh what??? 

And THEN Chelsea is all about Shep's reputation and it's hard for her to get over.... but Austen is currently doing the same exact thing as Shep... just apparently doesn't seem to have the same reputation....yet.

1 minute ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Out of all the parents of young children who are drug addicts that I know, the GRANDPARENTS have custody and end up raising the kids.  We have a family friend who raised her grandchildren, along with her husband.  The children's mother and father BOTH died from drug overdoses while in their 30's!  For some reason Heroin, is a very popular drug and it's killing a lot of young people.  I have a niece who works in an ER. She says the number of overdoses on the weekends is astounding.  I'm not sure what Kathryn's drug of choice is. 

I suppose that people can get into rehab and change, but, I'm not so sure that drugs are really Kathryn's primary problem.  There may much more going on.  People who thrive on drama, chaos, danger, attention and interpersonal conflict, may suffer from a personality disorder, that is not so prone to treatment. 

I think she needs to find healthier ways to calm herself down.  She gets all rage-y so fast... and having a drug problem probably isn't the best when you're like that.  Not to mention I don't think it's easy for young people to become sober (not that it's easy for anyone).  Kathryn has a loooooong road ahead of her.  My nephew's mom is in her mid-40s, has 3 kids (my two nephews that are 12 and 9 and an older son that is 18) and she's been to treatment soooooo many times.. been to jail so many times...  has a loving and caring family...and just can't get her shit together.  Although apparently right now she's sober.... but she can usually only last a year.  My brother's main fault is that he's too forgiving.  My brother has never restricted visitation to her but it probably helps that she lives 3-4 hours from my brother so it's not a consistent schedule and when my nephews do see her, they stay with her parents and its her parents that facilitate the pick up and drop offs. 

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, gunderda said:

Another thing that is bugging me... this whole Chelsea and Austen thing.... at the beginning of the season Austen said he broke up with his long term girlfriend of 3(?) years because he wasn't ready to settle down and basically wanted to play the field.  Chelsea comes along and last week's episode he says he isn't against settling down. uhhhh what??? 

Can we all imagine his ex-girlfriend sitting at home every Monday night watching this and saying, "Lord, another week that I thank you for saving me from marrying Austen!" 

• Love 4
9 minutes ago, RedHawk said:

Can we all imagine his ex-girlfriend sitting at home every Monday night watching this and saying, "Lord, another week that I thank you for saving me from marrying Austen!" 

Yeah, OR they may be plotting to bring Austen's ex into town, just to get some fireworks started, once he and Chelsea settle in.....OH WAIT. That's another show. lol 

• Love 1

I wouldn't be surprised if Austen breaking up with his girlfriend coincided with him finding out he's going to be on national TV...He'll be getting lots of female attention now that the show is airing.

I'm on the fence about Austen so far. I'm glad he has a job but he seems like Shep lite. Another season or two and his reputation will precede him, just like Shep's.

• Love 7
48 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Heroin is big because clinicians who prescribe over prescribe opiates, like oxy. People end up hooked, they can't get the meds legally, and they turn to heroin because it's cheaper.

People's brains finally settle around 24 or 25. Kathryn has many problems. The fact that her brain was still growing, changing, and maturing didn't help things.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, HunterHunted said:

People's brains finally settle around 24 or 25. Kathryn has many problems. The fact that her brain was still growing, changing, and maturing didn't help things.

It is my experience that people who do excessive drugs or alcohol drinking in their teenage years have stunted emotional growth. I think she's lacking in the maturity category and not grown up in a healthy psychological way. 

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

It is my experience that people who do excessive drugs or alcohol drinking in their teenage years have stunted emotional growth. I think she's lacking in the maturity category and not grown up in a healthy psychological way. 

When I watch shows like this, I also consider what I have always heard about why many wealthy kids turn out so troubled, immature, malcontent, insecure, etc. I've heard that if a child is robbed of feeling a sense of accomplishment, they have little insensitive to be productive or happy.  Overindulgence is not really a good thing and I think we may see the results on some of the tv shows.  I know that struggling to pay the electric bill, applying for scholarships, waiting tables, might be harsh, but, I actually pity some of these rich people who don't seem to have a clue about the real struggles in life. And, it's not just wealthy people.  I see the same coddling of adults within working class families too!  It's unfortunate.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 5

OK. I don't think Patty 'throws shade', I think she is RUDE. Isn't she from NY? Writing a book on Southern Living? Nope.

I loved Shep's party pants, I can't help it!

Trav is so nasty. So gross. So disgusting.

I think the realest part of this show (aside from Shep being mean to Craig) is the Craig-Naomi relationship. Her emotions (& his) seem very real & honest.

ETA: I thought the dresses the girls were wearing were GORGEOUS. I think it was Chelsea that had on a pink/orange one at the polo sweat fest & maybe crushing-it Landon had on a greens/blues one at the same party? So pretty. I love me a colorful, flowing maxi dress.

Edited by DrSparkles
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, gunderda said:

And THEN Chelsea is all about Shep's reputation and it's hard for her to get over.... but Austen is currently doing the same exact thing as Shep... just apparently doesn't seem to have the same reputation....yet.

Well, I'm sure the break up was likely for a showmance, but I have known friends who have had long term boyfriends that break up with them because they want freedom and then get engaged shortly after.  

I think Chelsea is very attractive, but for some reason she just looks a lot older than she is to me?

9 hours ago, TheFinalRose said:

I've spent the last episodes wondering how he even got cast? Surely, there must be other famewhores with more to offer. At least Shep's monied lifestyle is a curiosity to me; Austen offers nothing to pique my interest.

He got cast because he's Shep's friend. If he went through a "normal" audition process (which to be fair, none of the other ones did), I highly doubt he would have even gotten a callback.

And I know he probably can't help it, but the way he talks just completely bothers me. I'm always like, spit out whatever is in your mouth during his talking heads.

6 hours ago, ExplainItAgain said:

I wouldn't be surprised if Austen breaking up with his girlfriend coincided with him finding out he's going to be on national TV...He'll be getting lots of female attention now that the show is airing.

I'm on the fence about Austen so far. I'm glad he has a job but he seems like Shep lite. Another season or two and his reputation will precede him, just like Shep's.

Oh I'm sure getting on the show is the reason why he broke up with his girlfriend. Why would he want to be tied up to one woman when he can gets lots of women throwing themselves to him when he gets famous, like Shep? It's also probably one of the conditions so he can join the show, and it's kind of pathetic that Shep had a lot more influence on him than his GF of two years.

I'm not that impressed too. His intro wasn't exactly admirable, but he's the kind of guy who would exactly be proud of that. "You're going to introduce me as someone who had a one-night stand and telling her that her walk of shame isn't too far?! High-fives for everyone!" I mean, if he is still dating Chelsea or whatever, I imagine that conversation didn't go well enough.

I wonder though if he would be the one who would get the storyline that Cam is pushing towards Shep - like getting serious with someone because all this dating around is tiring. Sure, he's treated Chelsea a little better than Shep, but when the standard is Shep the bar isn't that high to clear. We'll see.

Speaking of Shep, when he was getting a haircut from Chelsea and he told her "I don't take home girls every night...", Chelsea had that look that she wanted to burst out laughing, but held herself long enough. I wonder if she actually did in real life and they had to do a retake of that scene.

Edited by slowpoked
9 hours ago, sasha206 said:

Also, how as a mom do you hear Craig's version of the ignoring the kids story and as a mom you don't break down in tears knowing that NO ONE has put the kids before themselves?  She seemed more upset that Landon is swooping in on her paycheck.  

Kathryn is missing something. Very shallow, emotionless person. She barely reacted when Craig told that story. She wrinkled her nose up like she was hearing a minor gossip piece about people she barely knew. Scary stuff. She *literally* popped out two kids just for the $$$ and has almost no connection or bond to them. What a creep. Those kids are going to have serious issues sadly. 

And then Craig said it was good to see her smile. What the fuck is she so happy about??That she doesn't have to deal with needy babies on a regular basis?? She is truly vile. 

Austen is meh to me; Shep is more vibrant. But Austen would make a better boyfriend so I hope Chelsea goes that route. 

• Love 5
9 hours ago, Major Bigtime said:

He tried. He set her up in his palatial country home, with a nanny to care for Kensie. She got bored, tried taking cooking lessons, that wasn't her bag. Thomas was running for office, and she became a liability on the campaign trail (why do they call it a trail?) because she couldn't handle the personal appearances sober. How on earth does she plan to be a model? So, she moves back to her parents home. Again, in the country. But spends more time sleeping over at friends' homes in town so she can party. Baby? What baby? So, Thomas signs the lease to rent her a home in the city so she'll be near her friends and be happy. Hires a full-time nanny. Buys whatever ugly furniture she wants, no matter the costs. Still, Kathryn is unhappy and begins to party with the wild crowd and doing drugs, which leaves her kids home with the nanny every night.

How did Thomas not take care of Kathryn? Once he realized she'd never be happy he wisely decided not to marry the crazy. He's not perfect, none of us are. But he appears to be the more capable parent to care for two young children.

I agree with this.

However, his judgment is severely lacking since he fathered not one, but two kids with her. 

I also think he was attracted to the "fiery redhead" syndrome.  I think he found her uncontrollable temper and instability to be a sexy challenge at first.  Now he wants someone to carry the "legacy" of the Ravenel name -- as if he did nothing to ruin it.

• Love 12
6 hours ago, ExplainItAgain said:

Craig just got distracted by reality TV. If this show had never come around he'd already be a lawyer toiling away in some firm. Instead, the show dropped into his lap at the worst time - right when he graduated and should be taking the bar. Then the show was a moderate success and I think a lot of people would reason that they could always be a lawyer after the reality TV stint is over. At least he has a career that he can pursue after the show ends, unlike Landon or Kathryn. Although I agree @SunnyBeBe that he may pursue something else - I certainly don't do anything related to the two degrees that I have. But I don't see what business that is of anyone else's (on the show). Admittedly, Craig has been pretty defensive about being a lawyer - sometimes it's annoying when people can pick up on things you can't admit to yourself yet.

I have a soft spot for Craig and I don't know why. Maybe just because he seems like an outsider to the group and Shep is constantly picking on him.

Actually the timing of the show was perfect for Craig because he does not fucking want to be a lawyer. He applied and went to law school because it was a defensible and seemingly impressive excuse to put off becoming a real adult and getting a real job like he was surely expected to do if he didn't opt for grad school. If he was really serious about becoming an attorney and the practice of law he probably would have gone to a much better law school. Just like if I had been really serious about studying law decades ago I would have actually prepared for the LSAT before I took the exam and applied to more than one law school. Thank goodness I was on the wait list and a slot didn't open because that probably would have been a costly mistake.

As another poster has noted, Craig went to a diploma mill law school from which a majority of the students graduate with nearly $150k in debt. I hope he's at least paid off that debt with his SC money. Now I'm not hating on anyone who went there. It has been accredited by the American Bar Association and is an option for people who might not be able to get into a more competitive school but really love the law and are willing to do whatever it takes and then likely turn out to be a huge success. I believe that for Craig it was just another detour down Easy Street, or so he thought. That's why he's so defensive when people nag him about it and he doesn't even have the balls to say, you know what, I don't think I really want to be a lawyer. Look at the shitty way he treated his job in the first season that was actually at a law firm. And his unrealistic expectations when he went to work for JD. That's in part why Shep and sometimes Whitney give him a hard time, because he's totally full of it. Craig has a lot of ambition but no work ethic. God bless his heart.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Sage47 said:

Kathryn is missing something. Very shallow, emotionless person. She barely reacted when Craig told that story. She wrinkled her nose up like she was hearing a minor gossip piece about people she barely knew. Scary stuff. She *literally* popped out two kids just for the $$$ and has almost no connection or bond to them. What a creep. Those kids are going to have serious issues sadly. 

And then Craig said it was good to see her smile. What the fuck is she so happy about??That she doesn't have to deal with needy babies on a regular basis?? She is truly vile. 

Austen is meh to me; Shep is more vibrant. But Austen would make a better boyfriend so I hope Chelsea goes that route. 

See, I thought Kathryn was trying not to cry or show too much emotion.

and damn, can't the poor girl let out a smile? To me she's so pretty w no/little makeup on.

• Love 5
10 minutes ago, DrSparkles said:

See, I thought Kathryn was trying not to cry or show too much emotion.

and damn, can't the poor girl let out a smile? To me she's so pretty w no/little makeup on.

I also thought that she seemed upset and was trying to hold in her emotion. Craig should not have been hammering home how much he thought Thomas was neglecting her children, considering her new and tenuous sobriety and that even Kathryn must feel pain over not being allowed to be with her very young children when she knows they need her.

• Love 7

I've always felt that Shep and Cameron were meant to be together. Not that it would actually work, but there is an undeniable chemistry there. They're both intelligent and witty and they light up when they're together. Cameron probably chose the safer route by marrying someone more "respectable" and established.

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, kitten59 said:

I've always felt that Shep and Cameron were meant to be together. Not that it would actually work, but there is an undeniable chemistry there. They're both intelligent and witty and they light up when they're together. Cameron probably chose the safer route by marrying someone more "respectable" and established.

I always got the sense that she thinks of him like a brother. And doesn't want him to end up like Trav. Lol 

• Love 6

Cameran just posted on her IG that she's pregnant and they will be having a baby girl. Congrats to the Wimberly family! 

Aw, that's great news. I actually think she'll be a wonderful mother and, because she and her mom seem to have a loving relationship, she will have had a good example and her mom will probably be there to help her.

And hey!  Now she has a guaranteed story line for next season.

• Love 4
10 hours ago, kitten59 said:

Cameron probably chose the safer route by marrying someone more "respectable" and established.

IIRC, she was already dating her hubby for a couple of years - probably already engaged even - before she even got cast on SC and met Shep. They didn't know each other prior to the show.

• Love 2
11 hours ago, kitten59 said:

Cameron probably chose the safer route by marrying someone more "respectable" and established.

Or maybe she chose the man she was in love with.

Edited by RedHawk
  • Love 8

There is something about Austen that rubs me the wrong way.   He's a Shep Lite, without the charm.    (I also think he has a speech impediment)  I find him annoying.   It feels like he was not with the "in crowd" as a younger person and is trying to make up for it or something.    Jealous of Shep?  Why?     

I agree Katherine is very pretty (without  makeup) and I guess is emotionally stunted or something.   So  young to have two children and no sense of direction.   Having money, from Thomas or otherwise, is a detriment in gaining perspective and value as a person.    I also think she was trying to hold back her feelings about Thomas' actions with the kids when Craig was talking to her.   She is extremely vulnerable right now and I feel very sorry for her.  Although I am not crazy about Craig, he has always been kind to her.  I give him credit for that. 

Craig, just admit lawyering WORK is not for you and go find something you really  love to do.  Go to agricultural school or something.  You looked much more at home in the garden.  And run, Naomi, run......while opposites can attract, a lifetime of different work ethics would be difficult.  Causes resentment eventually

• Love 2
1 hour ago, slowpoked said:

IIRC, she was already dating her hubby for a couple of years - probably already engaged even - before she even got cast on SC and met Shep.

In Season 1, there is a scene where Cameran  is getting up and preparing to go on a listing appointment. She goes to a closet in her home that is full of men's shirts. Granted, she pulls out a pink collared shirt to go with her black pencil skirt, but the rest of the shirts in the closet were definitely men's i.e., Jason's ? The wake up scene was prob filmed in her guest bedroom. My point being it looked like she and Jason were already living together for some time when Season 1 filmed in summer 2013.

• Love 1
15 hours ago, slowpoked said:

Cameran just posted on her IG that she's pregnant and they will be having a baby girl. Congrats to the Wimberly family! 

Of course this is NONE of my biz, but I hope all her protestations against having a kid were acting bc if she just got pressured into by both sides of the family, UGH.

• Love 2
19 minutes ago, DrSparkles said:

Of course this is NONE of my biz, but I hope all her protestations against having a kid were acting bc if she just got pressured into by both sides of the family, UGH.

When she held Jennifer's baby boy and said, "He's beautiful" it sounded genuine, like the most real thing she's ever said on camera. We saw her mother accepting whatever choice she made, so she had that support and no "I want to be a grandma" pressure on that side. (Does Cam have a sister who has kids?)

I understand what you're saying about hoping she didn't give in to pressure, but her protestations and deliberations aren't suddenly invalid and "acting" because she decided to have a child. She seemed to sincerely consider her choice, and it was interesting to hear her thoughts on it. It never seemed to me that she was fully against it, just ambivalent and concerned about why she did not strongly want to have a baby/be a mom. 

Edited by RedHawk
  • Love 7

I have just a few things to add:

1. Results of the SC bar exams aren't sent out to the candidates before being posted online. Everyone finds out at the same time, publicly.  Results will be posted tomorrow at 4:00 pm here: https://barapplication.sccourts.org 

2. The Charleston School of Law didn't start out as a diploma mill. It was actually begun as an alternative to USC, with very well respected judges and attorneys as the founders. It's definitely had some problems over the last 3 years or so with the ownership, but that probably didn't start until Craig was already admitted there. I work at a very well known law firm, and we have several Charleston School of Law grads here, so I don't think Craig necessarily went into it with no intention of practicing law.

3. I organized and attended a party last month on the boat they used in this episode, and it is amazing. There are 3 levels, a large dance floor, a great sound system, and the views on the harbor at sunset are out of this world. I wish they had shown more of that instead of shep and cameran talking about Chelsea for the 85th time. 

This season is kind of meh. If it's becoming scripted like some people are suggesting, then they need new writers.

• Love 7
16 minutes ago, Mar78 said:

3. I organized and attended a party last month on the boat they used in this episode, and it is amazing. There are 3 levels, a large dance floor, a great sound system, and the views on the harbor at sunset are out of this world. I wish they had shown more of that instead of shep and cameran talking about Chelsea for the 85th time. 

This season is kind of meh. If it's becoming scripted like some people are suggesting, then they need new writers.

I salute you for the info on Craig's results, and admit that I will be checking here tomorrow and looking at his Twitter. It cracks me up that I care so much, but it's a great distraction from the stress in my work-life! And it's actually real reality that will have an impact on Craig's future.

I've been on a party boat like that in Baltimore Harbor and really enjoyed it. Also wanted to see more of the guests, their fun, and the views. Craig said there was a hilarious "cake fight" that they left out, and so much funny stuff has been cut to show scenes that "make our lives seem dark and morbid"! Well, I'm with him on the criticism. The producers have fallen into using the stale "Housewives" formula when what made me watch this show (when I've long been OVER all the HoWives, except my hometown DC) was how different it was from those shows. I want to see the lives of these Charleston folks, not watch made-up high-schoolish dramatics like "who will win Chelsea's heart"? (Though, "were you nake?" from Cameran was a hilarious question.)

The scenes of Craig and Naomie bickering over the auction setup, Whitney's visits with his mom, Shep and Cameran, Shep and mullet-guy, that's what keeps me tuning in. I don't even mind watching Landon trying to figure out her life, as long as there's not too much fake "will she and Thomas be a match?" crap. Even T-Rav often amuses me because I have similar Southern men in my life.

Edited by RedHawk
  • Love 1

Thomas is pretty disgusting. I thought my eyes would get stuck at the back of my head from all the times I rolled my eyes at him...especially when he was talking about the requirements that he wants in a woman so that she can uphold the Ravenal name. Bitch, you don't even 'uphold' the Ravenal name. It seems that Thomas's money is taking care of his children...the nannies are the ones that are really doing the work. He doesn't even let his kids live in the main house because he doesn't want them to mess it up. Are you flippin' kidding me? Stop giving this man credit for financially taking care of his children under his roof...Thomas 'obsessed with his reputation' Ravenal is going to allow someone else to raise his children? I don't think so. 

I actually think Kathryn is smarter than she seems. She is often observant and does hit the nail on the head quite often but her temper is her undoing. She starts to unravel and everyone stops listening to what she's saying because they're faux mortified by how she's acting.

What the hell has Landon achieved? And the question is, has she rocked those career accomplishments with the benefit of lots of money to make it happen? Also, what did she want Shep to apologize for? He didn't make things up, he was relaying information that was said about her. Just tell him that you don't want to hear that negative talk and just trust her enough to sink or swim on her own. Instead she does her stupid laugh to gloss things over all the while she's still carrying resentment over it. 

I feel for Naomi and I suspect that I'll be cussing out Craig next week when we see those scenes of him calling her names. I don't think Naomi cares about Craig being a lawyer, she cares about him making a commitment and then starting the journey to get wherever it is he wants to go. He's telling her about law but talking to other people about other career ventures. Pick something and then double down and work on it. Craig is too caught up in the reality TV fame and he doesn't know how to climb out of it to recover all of that work he did to eventually be a lawyer. He's not ready to say he's letting that go maybe because he's already told the world that that was what he wanted to do. I think the show is his undoing. It sidetracked him and if it didn't exist, he would probably working in some law office as an actual lawyer by now. 

• Love 2

I just realized that I went to high school with Cameran's husband.  It was a huge high school, and I didn't know him, but I just checked my yearbook, and there he is, two years behind me.  He's also mutual FB friends with a few of my acquaintances from my teenage years.  His dad was one of the town doctors, so I guess he followed in his footsteps.  

• Love 4
5 hours ago, Nancypants said:

Craig can do whatever he wants, It is in fact his life. 

He may be accused of slacking, but he runs rings around these other idiots in terms of work ethic, which ain't saying much.

Considering he's the only one who actually has to work to earn some income, it truly isn't. The other men don't need a work ethic or indeed to even work, yet they do, or in the case of Shep invest in business opportunities.

I'm really pleased for Cameran and hope she has a healthy and happy baby. Watching her parent may actually inspire her running buddy Shep to get his act together!

1 hour ago, RHJunkie said:

I feel for Naomi and I suspect that I'll be cussing out Craig next week when we see those scenes of him calling her names. I don't think Naomi cares about Craig being a lawyer, she cares about him making a commitment and then starting the journey to get wherever it is he wants to go. He's telling her about law but talking to other people about other career ventures. Pick something and then double down and work on it. Craig is too caught up in the reality TV fame and he doesn't know how to climb out of it to recover all of that work he did to eventually be a lawyer. He's not ready to say he's letting that go maybe because he's already told the world that that was what he wanted to do. I think the show is his undoing. It sidetracked him and if it didn't exist, he would probably working in some law office as an actual lawyer by now. 

Yeah, I HATED that preview. I hope she tells him that if she's so ignorant or whatever rude-ass thing he said he needs to fucking get out of her house. Her parents are going to be tres, tres furieux when they hear that. I hope that they tell him to get the fuck of their house.

Also, didn't a poster in this therad who is friends with friends of Thomas say that he stays in the guest house with the children?

• Love 2