Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E04: Shepwrecked

• Start Topic

31 minutes ago, RedHawk said:

Does Craig really care about real estate -- enough to put a lot of time and effort into it? Wasn't there a segment where he mentioned house flipping? If he were willing to put his new-found carpentry skills to work, learn plumbing and even electrical skills, then along with a knowledge of real estate and tax law, he could have a great career path.

I thought this, too.  Plus he could make porch/patio furniture and pet houses/trees and go on a local talk shows, as well.  He really does have a bunch of opportunities.  If he would just take them.  

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Okay.  I'm a little confused.  HAS Craig now taken the Bar exam in SC?  Here's those that passed in 2016 and 2015.  So, I suppose he didn't pass, though, I suppose he might have still taken it.  Or, perhaps, he tried in another state? 

https://barapplication.sccourts.org/documents/July2016Results10212016.pdf

https://www.sccourts.org/bar/BarExamResultsJuly2015.pdf

I believe he took it in Delaware.

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Okay.  I'm a little confused.  HAS Craig now taken the Bar exam in SC?  Here's those that passed in 2016 and 2015.  So, I suppose he didn't pass, though, I suppose he might have still taken it.  Or, perhaps, he tried in another state? 

He took it in February in 2017.  Results should be released at the end of this month, so nobody knows if he passed yet.

• Love 4
12 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I think he just took it this past February. 

• Love 1

I can't stand Craig, never could, never will.  His voice and constant interference is annoying as hell.  He's just another entitled millennial who happened to find a girl with her act together and he's riding those coattails for all they're worth..  There's some level of co-dependence there; I'm assuming it's driven by the show.  I'd like to see them ditch Craig and give Naomie her own story line about starting her career and dating non-cast members in Charleston.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Zizzlezazzle said:

And I don't think Whitney would even have chemistry with a liter of Coke and Mentos. 

5 hours ago, queenjen said:

If Kathryn was back in form, she'd tear her head off in half an episode and that would be the end of that, nothing but the sound of dolphin shrieks fading into the horizon. 

I love y'all.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Bar exams are given in February and July.  Craig has allegedly taken the February, 2017 exam and the results should be out soon.  Typically the February results come out about 2 months after the exam is given. If what he has said was true, since he didn't complete the coursework to officially graduate from law school until late last summer, the 2/17 exam would likely be the first one he was actually eligible to take.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, SunnyBeBe said:

He took the bar this past February (according to him). Those results aren't posted yet.

1 hour ago, Major Bigtime said:

I believe he took it in Delaware.

I'm almost positive that he said he took the SC Bar.

• Love 2

Joining the "Landon's not really all that bad" section.  I can completely see her being comfortable as Thomas' ideal woman.  Kathryn frankly has only herself to blame for rejecting the offer T-Rav made her, that of being a stay-at-home lady of the manor.   Landon would crush that.  I also believe that she may be open to Thomas precisely BECAUSE Kathryn accused her of it last season.  

• Love 4

Supposedly the results were to be released on 4/22 for South Carolina.  I'm fairly certain he took the South Carolina Bar.  

Craig irritates the hell out of me, but I hope he passes simply because I've been there and waiting for the results is agony.  And Naomi doesn't deserve to have to be around the mess that Craig is if he fails.  I did get a bit of a chuckle out of seeing Craig comment about comfortable Landon appeared in the role of Mrs. Ravenell.  For someone so defensive of himself & Kathryn, he can dish it out pretty good himself.

Shep did not come from off well tonight, but I still like him.  I'm curious to see how Landon gets into the mix with Austin & Chelsea/kelsea a/k/a girl that Shep likes because she reminds him of Cameron.

• Love 3

I can't believe I watched this show again after declaring that I hate everyone.  You know who I don't hate?  Patricia.  Girlfriend is 76.  I can't wait for the day that I can sit around all day in a caftan, drink cocktails and throw shade.  Life goals.  That's her real hair too.  Just sayin.

Craig seems nice enough.  I can't get on him about law school drama because I'm 50 and still trying to figure myself out.  HOWEVER, there was absolutely no separation anxiety when the kids were leaving the polo match, so don't make a big deal about it.  Tom didn't say goodbye... so what? We all know he has custody simply because he's the lesser or two evils.  If there's one thing those kids are used to, it's saying goodbye to their father.  Then Craig has to tell Kathryn about it.  If he's such a nurturer, maybe Craig can be Mr. Mom someday while Naomi earns big coin with her MBA.  Do you know who has an MBA?  My mailman.  Life is weird with no guarantees.  It kills me how these people act like getting a degree is everything. 

I'm glad Chelsea has a tangible job skill.  She is the unicorn.

Landon's gladiola arrangement was sad.  She's going to lose her southern card.  I hope she gets to marry the convicted felon she's dreaming about.  They deserve each other.  Her glee at he OC comment was disgusting.  These people really think they're special--born on third base and convinced they hit a triple.

I was seriously impressed with the Ravenal bridge.  I always pictured it to be some falling apart relic, like the bridge Billy Jo McAllister jumped off. Southern engineering has come a long way. 

• Love 20
39 minutes ago, AttackTurtle said:

Supposedly the results were to be released on 4/22 for South Carolina.  I'm fairly certain he took the South Carolina Bar.

Thank you for researching this. 

19 minutes ago, MerryMary said:

I was seriously impressed with the Ravenal bridge.  I always pictured it to be some falling apart relic, like the bridge Billy Jo McAllister jumped off. Southern engineering has come a long way. 

Funny comment. I remember the song. 

• Love 1

Thomas you can SHUT THE FUCK UP about. Your concern for your Ravenel name and Legacy. Your Long sordid list of Misdeeds, mysogeny and Galling Asshattery ! GahtDAMN BOY, YOU ARE such an Embarrassment to your precious name. 

How you get to be such a snob about who you are is beyond me

I don't care how much money your ancestors made on the back of slaves, your Ravenel name distinguishes you as the ancestor of people who practice Human Bondage. Your Name is Loathsome, as are your actions. 

Please marry that Village Idiot with the dolphin voice.That should be sufficient punishment

Oh and hell yea, that gladiola arrangement was depressing. You really Crushed it, Dolphin.

Edited by Nancypants
These people, ugh.
  • Love 17
1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

He took the bar this past February (according to him). Those results aren't posted yet.

I'm almost positive that he said he took the SC Bar.

I follow Craig on Twitter so just checked. He wrote yesterday in answer to someone's question: "We haven't gotten our results yet." 

• Love 1
8 hours ago, MyAimIsTrue said:

When TRav was describing what he wanted in a wife in regards to his family and family name I was barfing.  He doesn't want a wife or any type of life partner, he wants a business or marketing arrangement.

Yeah this.

I guess they were out of "presentable" and "refined" blow-up dolls at the Wives-r-Us store, so T'Rav will have to stick with the bargain bin lackluster Landon model.  What a TOOL.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, AttackTurtle said:

April 22nd was the release date in 2016.  

The South Carolina bar exam was held the last week in February and results ate released 8 weeks later.  So, Craig should hear sometime this week or next. 

• Love 1

I'm starting to think nothing happened between Chelsea and Shep and all this talk of kissing and/or making out was just something the producers made them do, or say. I mean, they didn't miss showing us when Austen and Chelsea actually swapped spit, but seriously, nothing with Shep?! They even showed Shep making out with Daisy in the "previously on..." part in the beginning. I'm thinking this is all talk but no action. 

• Love 4

WTF is with all the gingham?  There was a scene where Thom-ass & Whitney (the gay ghoul) were sitting together & my TV was literally a damn gingham tablecloth.  Seriously, what the fuckety fuck is going on with this shit?

I know Snowflake is harmless -- and yet I just can't with her.  She really bugs the absolute piss outta me.  Her babble & delusions & her insanely annoying laugh & the whiney tone in the way she speaks & the squinty aren't-I-so-adorable icky looks she always gives the cam?  GAAAAH!

I can't look at Thom-ass without seeing that red bulby boozehound's nose of his.  Yeah, you can have that, Snowflake.

Is there anything memorable about Austen -- other than he seems to be a cleaner version of Horseteeth, and he doesn't have big fake horseteeth?  Austen, like gay ghoul Whitney, speaks like he's got marbles in his mouth.  Meh.

• Love 12
2 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

I can't stand Craig, never could, never will.  His voice and constant interference is annoying as hell.  He's just another entitled millennial who happened to find a girl with her act together and he's riding those coattails for all they're worth..  There's some level of co-dependence there; I'm assuming it's driven by the show.  I'd like to see them ditch Craig and give Naomie her own story line about starting her career and dating non-cast members in Charleston.

I don't like Craig, either.  I don't care whether he takes and/or passes the bar or what he decides to do professionally. The point is he needs to do something professionally. Being on Southern Charm can't be his career even if he is living for free off of Naomie. I don't think Shep gives a damn either, but he just wants the dude to own his shit and get his act together. The same goes for Landon. I know she didn't like his "apology" or whatever she was expecting, but like he says, if you care about someone you keep it real. He has never once gotten annoyed by or angry with Cameron for constantly harping on him about his drunken playboy lifestyle because he knows she cares and he knows that he's been playing longer than he should have. In the meantime, however, he's built a house and dabbled in business so it hasn't been an entire life of sloth. What is Craig going to have besides a very expensive, slightly flamboyant wardrobe? 

• Love 4

I wish Cameran would stop obsessing over Shep and his love life. Why does she care so much? Maybe she wants him for herself. As a married woman, I don't think it would go over well with my husband if I was out a few nights per week with my male BFF "helping him find love."  Shep loves Cameran too and I suspect that she really is the one that got away. Cameran wants to have it all, be a party girl and a doctor's wife but that shit is going to get old soon. She needs to concentrate on her own love life. Shep will be fine.

Landon-Fuck off.

The end.

• Love 9
10 hours ago, MyAimIsTrue said:

Austen and Chelsea have zero chemistry and are not good enough "actors" to pull off having me believe they're interested in each other.  It seems like a plot contrivance to me.

When TRav was describing what he wanted in a wife in regards to his family and family name I was barfing.  He doesn't want a wife or any type of life partner, he wants a business or marketing arrangement.

TRav also gave a song and dance about his  background and protecting it from lower class or something like that.  As if Landon was somehow the answer to that dream.  (Yuk) I can forgive him for the drug issues he had, as he paid his debt to society and deserves  a second chance.   However,  that train for moral responsibility left the station a long time ago, and his behavior with Katherine and as a father to two children because of it, is just one more nail in his coffin  not to mention his catting around and being an embarrassment to everyone when he is

drunk.  Did anyone ever tell him he cannot hold his liquor?

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Kauris said:

What did Whitney look like before all his bad plastic surgery?

19 minutes ago, walnutqueen said:

A human being?

Nope, there are just some things that I refuse to believe and Whitney ever looking like a live human is one of them.

• Love 9

Stop and think about it.  Would any normal person even date one of these chuckleheads if they had any pride at all?  They are nothing but frat boys (no matter their age) and walking STDs.  I think Cameron is adorable in her wardrobe and style, but I cannot imagine why her husband would be happy with her hanging with this crowd, if for no other reason than the fact that people can be judged by the company you keep.

• Love 4

I don't like Craig, either.  I don't care whether he takes and/or passes the bar or what he decides to do professionally. The point is he needs to do something professionally. Being on Southern Charm can't be his career even if he is living for free off of Naomie. I don't think Shep gives a damn either, but he just wants the dude to own his shit and get his act together. The same goes for Landon. I know she didn't like his "apology" or whatever she was expecting, but like he says, if you care about someone you keep it real. He has never once gotten annoyed by or angry with Cameron for constantly harping on him about his drunken playboy lifestyle because he knows she cares and he knows that he's been playing longer than he should have. In the meantime, however, he's built a house and dabbled in business so it hasn't been an entire life of sloth. What is Craig going to have besides a very expensive, slightly flamboyant wardrobe? 

But why?  Craig is earning a living by being on the show.  While I understand that he may not have the family money that Whitney, TRav or Shep have, he's not exactly a pauper.  He's completed his education and is riding the bravo paycheck.  Will it last forever?  No, but why not enjoy it now?  Further, I don't understand why he's singled out for it.  Cameran doesn't do anything either.  Is that OK because she's married?  

Lots of people either fail the bar or chose not to take it, it doesn't render the degree meaningless.  There are plenty of career paths where one can use a law school degree that aren't practicing.  No doubt that Craig will eventually find his way, most likely when the show is no more.

• Love 11
6 minutes ago, snarts said:

Cameran doesn't do anything either.  Is that OK because she's married?  

Cam is a real estate agent, we haven't seen it this season but we have in all the other seasons.

• Love 6
9 hours ago, Misslindsey said:

This. Neither Shep or Chelsea seem that interested in each other besides a hook-up every now and then. So Cameran's insistence on pushing Shep and Chelsea together when they both do not seem that interested in each other is pretty lame. I keep waiting for the wacky hijinks episode with Chelsea scheduling dates with Shep and Austen on the same night. They will all be at the same restaurant and Chelsea will go back and forth between them while Shep and Austen will not catch on until the end of the night.

I do find Austen and Chelsea boring, but I did appreciate that they actually had a somewhat normal conversation on their date. Though my bar is set pretty low on this show, so it does not take much. If Shep gets mad at Austen over him dating Chelsea I will roll my eyes so hard. Was it Whitney that said that Shep would do the same thing if he was in Austen's shoes?

Cameran needs to find another storyline besides not wanting a baby or pushing Shep and Chelsea together. 

I like Craig when he is calling out all the it's a southern thing bullshit, but I am not wild about lazy Craig.

Landon's voice is the worst. It is like nails on a chalkboard for me. Though apparently she is killing it, so what do I know.

The less said about TRav the better. He is so smarmy.

I will be at my table for one in not liking Patricia, so I am happy when I do not have to see her in an episode.

I agree with every issues above, and make that a table for two regarding Patricia.    I guess the thing I dislike about her the most (and there are many reasons) is how oblivious she is about what a weird son she has and her "southern" manners she thinks people need to be worthwhile.  

• Love 6
9 hours ago, Misslindsey said:

I will be at my table for one in not liking Patricia, so I am happy when I do not have to see her in an episode.

Can't abide this woman. She's making coin out of this show, flogging her tacky caftans and her book on 'Living Southern'. I do not understand the Patricia love. 

• Love 11
4 hours ago, Nancypants said:

Thomas you can SHUT THE FUCK UP about. Your concern for your Ravenel name and Legacy. Your Long sordid list of Misdeeds, mysogeny and Galling Asshattery ! GahtDAMN BOY, YOU ARE such an Embarrassment to your precious name. 

How you get to be such a snob about who you are is beyond me

I don't care how much money your ancestors made on the back of slaves, your Ravenel name distinguishes you as the ancestor of people who practice Human Bondage. Your Name is Loathsome, as are your actions. 

Please marry that Village Idiot with the dolphin voice.That should be sufficient punishment

Oh and hell yea, that gladiola arrangement was depressing. You really Crushed it, Dolphin.

You said it a lot better than I did a little further on in these comments.    I just could not believe that bunch of bull that he wants to "protect" the family name.   Is that bridge named after his father or grandfather?  His father was in an episode on an early season and I see where TRav gets his sense of entitlement.  The father was also disgusting in his comments about women, as I recall.    Apple does not fall far from the tree.   I wonder what TRav's mother thinks of this entire mess.  She must be so proud

• Love 4

I still say he's Count Chocula.  Uh, is he gonna be dragging around that annoying skank beard with him every ep this season?  What's the purpose of this bearding shit anyway?  Like anyone who isn't headless doesn't know Whitney is gay?  Ugh, and why is it he thinks saying "bro" a million times & shlepping a beard around will make anyone think he isn't gay?  Who the fuck cares if he's gay?  Does it matter to people down there?  Certainly Patrish must know.  Or is she as delusional as Snowflake?  I find that hard to believe.  I don't care if he outs himself, but this bearding stuff & him trying to talk & act like a frat boy at 50 is really stupid.  

• Love 10
On ‎4‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 8:34 PM, AngryCarrot86 said:

Unpopular opinion alert: Craig is my favorite male cast member.  This episode made me realize why.  He's a lot of things, but a sleazy womanizer isn't one of them. Craig is also the only one who isn't giving Thomas a pass just for being a good ole' boy, and he has been consistently graceful in regards to Katherine.  Craig might be a lazy fibber, but he seems like he's a genuinely nice person.  I can't say the same for the other guys, and even most of the girls in this cast.  Plus, he cuddles with Gizmo and got excited to see the "babies". I may have swooned.  Give me Craig, Naome and Gizmo over the others and their pretentious, chauvinistic bullshit any day. 

He drinks milk, for goodness sake.  He does seem very genuine.  I agree. This episode made me like him more. 

I feel like this show is one big game of Telephone.

• Love 8

I don't think that Craig is that ambitious. Maybe that's why he gets along with Kathryn who is also a slacker. And they are both aspiring models so of course they have that in common. Although Craig doesn't seem so much a slacker as more blue collar. A blue collar guy that wants to wear a suit. haha. Noami seems plenty ambitious, so I think they are a good match. I do think that Craig, when dressed, is very very handsome. Gorgeous even. 

Not to judge (too much) but the fact that Kathryn could not handle the responsibility of two young children WITH a full time nanny, money, and no job, is a pretty pathetic. It's more than possible Thomas set her up to fail (to save money on a 2nd household), but I still have to wonder how she let it slip through her fingers so quickly. Her children are incredibly young and she is spending a lot of time away from them, which is not good at all for a healthy mother-child relationship. Not to mention they are already at a disadvantage cognitively due to prenatal drug exposure.  Thomas is such a sleeze bag for not taking better care of Kathryn and looking at her only as a commodity. If he really cared about his family, he would take care of his children's mother, even if she was batshit crazy. Of course, then he would have to consider his own drug use, which he maybe can control better than Kathryn, having years of addict experience behind him. But the guy is a raging coke head ready to drop dead at any moment. 

The argument that Kathryn looks at her kids as objects can be said for Thomas as well. His nanny raises them and he hangs out in his grown up house. He is such a loser I can barely believe it. I think Thomas realizes his nanny is raising them, and wants to replace the nanny with a wife. He needs a catalog.

Cameron is adorable and I love her clothes but she is such a suck up. It's gross. Whitney's comment about her butt was disgusting and she played it off because why? She wants to be in that crowd so bad? UHG. grow up Cameron. 

I think Austin is the nicest, cutest guy on here. 

Comparing Kathryn to Landon, Landon clearly wins. She was married to a very rich guy-- she could have had kids with him and lived off child support but she didn't. She tries to work. At least, she thinks she is working. She hires people and gives them jobs, where Kathryn just fuels the lucrative world of drug dealing. 

I said this before, but Shep's problem is he is mamma's boy. He doesn't need anyone because he has an adoring mom who showers him with money and love. He'll probably get married after her death, when he's 70 or something. Whitney has the same problem. He's so dependent on his mother, he feels almost like she is his girlfriend. He visits, she gives him drinks a nice place to sit, a lovely view... what lady can compete with that? Same with Shep, he drinks and has sex with anyone he wants, and his mom still calls and tells him she loves him so much and sends him commodities for his trips. Again, what girlfriend can compete with that type of service?

With Thomas, his relationship with his mother is definitely less clear, but he seems to be pretty independent. My thinking is he is in a partnership with his dad which keeps him working and rich. Whatever the case, Thomas is more difficult to understand, but I think his coke habit keeps him from growing up.

• Love 7
13 hours ago, TheFinalRose said:

The way Naomie's face fell when Cameran said Craig was thinking about going into real estate was telling. She is very attached to Craig "the lawyer" while Craig is looking for every opportunity but that one. 

I feel like she also felt betrayed (not sure if best word) that Cameran knew something about Craig that she didn't.

Edited by woodscommaelle
  • Love 4

Hard to be sympathetic to many of these cast members but you do see some indications of frailty.

As Cameran told him, Shep is afraid to appear vulnerable, so rather than confront Austen or tell Chelsea he wants to be serious, he reverts to his party boy persona.

That is if this is a real thing, Shep being jealous.  If it's fake, then these people are better actors than one would have thought.

Thomas wants Landon because he's attracted to her, not because she'd be a good hostess or whatever.  But in his inebriated state, he expresses his insecurity that she's not attracted to him in return.   That's pretty real, probably more real than the frat boy/dirty old man leering.

• Love 5
6 hours ago, Major Bigtime said:

Landon's laugh is right up there with Woody Woodpecker.

Aww, but I *like* listening to woodpeckers! 

I think Landon seems a bit more tolerable this season because she isn't face to face with Kathryn. They do each other no favors.

Every time I see the title of this ep, I think of Morrissey's "Seasick, Yet Still Docked." The lyrics are even kinda appropriate, as this show is kinda "Southern Charmless" these days...

Wish I had the charm to attract the one I love
But you see, I've got no charm

Tonight I've consumed much more than I can hold
Oh, this is very clear to you

And you can tell I have never really loved
You can tell by the way I sleep all day

• Love 2
On 4/25/2017 at 4:59 AM, zenme said:

Yeah, I didn't like that Craig went and told Kathryn about T-Rav at the polo match. As a mom that would have to be hard to hear, especially with the knowledge that she can do nothing about it. 

I didn't like that Thomas was shooing away his children either. That was sad. It's not like he's a Flying Welenda and he's about to attempt to tight rope across the Grand Canyon. I hope he learned something after watching this episode.

TRav is an asshole and he should've gotten up and given his kids a kiss, but I do think Craig overdramatized what happened.  I missed the first part of the episode and when I heard Craig's recounting the story, I thought it was a huge blow off.  When I watched the episode from beginning to end, Kensie didn't seem like an upset kid and his nanny sort of strolled on by.  It's not like she stopped the stroller and the kids were screaming for him and he ignored them.

That said, I can't imagine NOT getting up and giving your kids a bit kiss.  And I appreciate Craig not falling for the "It's a Southern Thing" bullshit or Cameran's big deal type shrugging off of it.  

It did strike me though how bad these kids have it.  They'll end up in private school and have a trust fund life, but mom will be in and out of rehab all of their lives and daddy will fit them in when he's done skirt chasing.

Also, how as a mom do you hear Craig's version of the ignoring the kids story and as a mom you don't break down in tears knowing that NO ONE has put the kids before themselves?  She seemed more upset that Landon is swooping in on her paycheck.  

• Love 7
8 hours ago, bravofan27 said:

Thomas is such a sleeze bag for not taking better care of Kathryn

He tried. He set her up in his palatial country home, with a nanny to care for Kensie. She got bored, tried taking cooking lessons, that wasn't her bag. Thomas was running for office, and she became a liability on the campaign trail (why do they call it a trail?) because she couldn't handle the personal appearances sober. How on earth does she plan to be a model? So, she moves back to her parents home. Again, in the country. But spends more time sleeping over at friends' homes in town so she can party. Baby? What baby? So, Thomas signs the lease to rent her a home in the city so she'll be near her friends and be happy. Hires a full-time nanny. Buys whatever ugly furniture she wants, no matter the costs. Still, Kathryn is unhappy and begins to party with the wild crowd and doing drugs, which leaves her kids home with the nanny every night.

How did Thomas not take care of Kathryn? Once he realized she'd never be happy he wisely decided not to marry the crazy. He's not perfect, none of us are. But he appears to be the more capable parent to care for two young children.

2 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

She seemed more upset that Landon is swooping in on her paycheck.  

And that, in a nutshell, is where Kathryn's priorities are.

• Love 17
On 4/24/2017 at 10:22 PM, RedDelicious said:

You guys. It's been like this all along. We already knew Thomas never wanted to be a father. Did he want to have heirs to his name, yes. Did he want to parent them, no. That's what the nannies are for. It's entirely messed up, but we knew this. 

Exactly! I know we all don't always agree about Kathryn, but we all almost always say that Thomas is disgusting. So I'm not at all shocked by this behavior. He wanted children, he didn't plan on actually being a hands on father. He was so incredibly stupid he picked a party girl to have children with. As I say in almost every  post about Kathryn and Thomas they are both just awful people. Those poor children. 

• Love 13