Type keyword(s) to search

Patriot - General Discussion

• Start Topic

After a helicopter crash changes the stakes of a foreign election, a former-intelligence officer for the U.S. State Department has to choose between returning to the line of duty in order to dismantle a dangerous political movement in a war torn country as a matter of national security or his personal obligations as the head of a young family.

An Amazon exclusive!

Loving this series. So artfully filmed (people came at him literally from all directions while he hung out in his pipe area; great symbolism for the many balls he's trying to juggle) and darkly comic. Every single episode I have a couple of "OMG, how the heck is he gonna get out of THIS one?" moments.

• Love 2
(edited)

OMG, what a cliffhanger. 

Agathe is wrong; John will never be free. If he chooses one way, he'll be hounded by his Luxembourg activities forever but he will have saved his family. If he chooses the other way, he will be free of charges/investigation but will have to live with the guilt of having allowed his family to suffer/die/whatever. (Well, he *should* feel less guilty about letting his dad suffer whatever consequences, since dad pretty much brought it upon himself *and* made John do horrendous things. But his brother?)

I like his wife and I was sad when she learned what he does. The one happy, uncomplicated relationship in his life, now tainted.

Oh, and: go naked Dennis! That was hilarious.

Edited by LilJen
12 hours ago, JZL said:

Is Season 2 due anytime soon?

I haven't seen anything posted with a start date.  I did find this from January, reporting Debra Winger would join the series as a regular.  Winger will play Bernice Tavner, mother of lead John Tavner (Michael Dorman).

6 hours ago, Moose135 said:

I haven't seen anything posted with a start date.  I did find this from January, reporting Debra Winger would join the series as a regular.  Winger will play Bernice Tavner, mother of lead John Tavner (Michael Dorman).

Yes I saw that, and also she's maybe playing a powerful governmental official.

There's just something about this show . . . can't wait!

Edited by JZL
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, benteen said:

I suspect I'm the only one watching this show.  But I will say that Season 2 is just as offbeat, dark and hilarious as the first season.  Probably more so.

I had no idea Season 2 had started - haven't seen or heard anything about the show since the discussion of Debra Winger back in February.

Have watched 2 eps so far. Glad to see it is (so far) less violent and possibly more hilarious than season 1. dh and I are contemplating re-watching season 1 because we've forgotten all that happened, and i am sure we are missing jokes due to forgotten details. (PS: floored that the star is a Kiwi/Aussie. Would never have guessed, accent is spot on.)

Edited by LilJen
On 2/10/2019 at 3:54 PM, LilJen said:

dh and I are contemplating re-watching season 1 because we've forgotten all that happened, and i am sure we are missing jokes due to forgotten details.

Yeah, I do this a lot, too, what with these limited 8-10 ep seasons that are nearly a year apart.  And because we CAN!

• Love 1

Check out Michael Dorman in For All Mankind, the alternate-history period piece wherein the USA did not win the space race.  Dorman has one of the lead astronaut roles, and deserves an Emmy for his performance in ep 7.