Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E13: Caliban's War

catray
  • Start Topic

As seen on reddit:
Someone pointed out on a podcast that all the important women in the show right now are women of colour!

8 hours ago, SmithW6079 said:

Are you referring to Amos's discussions with the scientist on the station from season 1?

Yep -- there was a discussion for few episodes as to whether he had it done after talking to the scientist.  That discussion should be over now.

7 hours ago, Netfoot said:

Space, is big.  Really big.  You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind-bogglingly big it is.  I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.  Listen...

I posted this before (maybe on FB) so don't try to outquote me, three-eyes!

4 hours ago, JZL said:

She's got beautiful eyes... and other parts!

1470196250975.jpg

600full-frankie-adams.jpg

Edited by jhlipton
45 minutes ago, jhlipton said:

I posted this before (maybe on FB) so don't try to outquote me, three-eyes!

Perhaps you did, but I don't waste my time on FaceBlot, so too bad, Cyclops!

• Love 1

I got a bit impatient with the show this episode because I felt it was too jumpy. I was so on edge for all three plotlines so I kept getting mad each time they switched away. Since the producers claim this is Game of Thrones in space they should take a lesson from what that show learned eventually, to stay a bit longer with one story line rather than to just try to cover everything at once.

Overall it was a great season and there seem to be lots of good possibilities for the next one.

On 2017-04-20 at 8:34 AM, WildPlum said:

The protomolecule creatures don't seem very bright. Cunning, maybe, in hitching a ride with a ship and removing dead man's switch, but in leaping out into space to fetch the magic ball? Dog level intelligence. Once you've leapt off the ship, there is no "swimming" back to it, you have no way to propel yourself (maybe by huffing and puffing, but if you haven't got air in your lungs to expel, that isn't going to get you anywhere. Was really surprised Prax didn't try to talk to it.

Maybe it was just very young. Or it was starving and not thinking straight. I'm holding up hopes that these things won't just be boring space zombies.

On 2017-04-22 at 8:58 AM, JZL said:

I don't think the Arboghast crew is dead, at least not yet-- it seemed like they went to some lengths to show that they were still eyes-wide alive.

I also think they're alive. In some form. Maybe they will get incorporated into the Julie symbiosis thing. And their insights will add to it's overall intelligence and motivation.

I am LOVING this show.  The finale was a SciFi action extravaganza with terrific visuals (OMG that suddenly-deconstructed ship in the Venus atmosphere was AMAZING) and complex, interesting characters, and a plot that is never predictable.  But the thing I'm really here to praise is the humor. I laughed out loud a LOT during this episode, which is incredible when you consider what was going on in all three plot lines.  The best bits were already called out above so I won't repeat them but I think it is wonderful how a show that is primarily a drama can also incorporate humor.

I'm so glad I did my re-watch.  I'm so glad we live in a time when you can binge-watch a show the same way I can lose myself in a long novel.  I think it needs to be done sparingly (I REALLY need to go out and take a walk now) but what a great ride.  This show is aces.

Edited by WatchrTina
  • Love 3
(edited)

Continuing with my rewatch and finished up season 2 last night.

The combo of Bobbie, Chrisjen, and Cotyar is my OT3! Love their interactions.

This ep was so fun and action-packed - the Roci crew working together to get the protomolecule monster off the ship was great. Prax is an awesome character, and I love his relationship with Amos.

Glad Naomi came clean to Holden about what she did with their protomolecule sample. And I get why she did it. The Belt needs a little leverage too.

Edited by Gillian Rosh
  • Love 2