Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E12: These Boots Were Made for Stalking

1 hour ago, BookThief said:

Emily wrote that email Addison was accused of, right? Or someone else did. A? Paige? I don't feel that was settled in any way.

I thought it was implied that Paige wrote it to frame Addison, so it's not that she was just waiting for things to fall into place, but she set it all in motion to take Addison down but in a way that would  be more beneficial than just yelling at the kid and hoping that it would change anything. 

1 hour ago, RedInk said:

I totally get what you're saying, and it's completely correct; however, I AM a teacher, and on the list of repulsive behaviors from professional educators on this show, this didn't even rank for me. Yeah, I'm looking at you, Ezra, long-lost Mr. Montgomery...all of Rosewood, really...;)

Very true. Honestly, the reason why I was rolling my eyes at Emily and didn't like the take-down because Emily was sounding like a fifteen year old kid, and she was taking out her high school frustrations on a high school kid. Not that she didn't deserve it, but I KNOW Emily can do better than this. Maybe she should have asked Aria for help. Aria's usually useful for epic speeches toward others. She apparently can get into the action once in a while to throw in some biting and hurtful remarks. She probably would have whispered in Addison's ear: "I am engaged to my old high school teacher and everyone knows how we started, so don't think people will care about you throwing around sexual harassment remarks. So, welcome to Rosewood...bitch. Also, I killed a girl last time they harassed my friends. Kisses from A." 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, RedInk said:

I totally get what you're saying, and it's completely correct; however, I AM a teacher, and on the list of repulsive behaviors from professional educators on this show, this didn't even rank for me. Yeah, I'm looking at you, Ezra, long-lost Mr. Montgomery...all of Rosewood, really...;)

Yeah of course this doesn't hold a candle to Pedo Fitz, but that doesn't make it any less inappropriate. The way I see it, they're two mutually exclusive events. Going from inappropriate to appropriate it's basically Ezra > Byron > Emily > Alison > > > > > > > > Paige. ;)

• Love 2

I really hope this is the end of Addison AKA Ali 2.0, and her five minute reign of terror. Or at least her reign of annoyance. Besides, why did she think anyone would care about a student hitting on a teacher at this school? Its been made clear that age of consent is more of a suggestion than an actual law in Rosewood, and teachers and students dating doesn't rate so much as a few raised eyebrows. Oh Addison. You must be new here.

Spencer seriously needs to stop being so shitty to her mom. Really, this isn't even the biggest secret she's found out about her family over the years, and she got over all of that. I figured this is just how the Hastings do things. They keep secrets, and dramatically reveal them a few years later, then move on. I get that this is a big shock, but she's still clearly her mom, and still loves her. And, when were they supposed to bring that story up? They probably just thought she was happier not knowing. Which seems to be true.

Hannah's plot was alright, with the highlights being Mona and Hannah freaking out in the locked cage, but it was mostly forgettable. But, really Hannah? Have you not learned that being anywhere near cages is always dangerous to you?

Come on Emily. You know that telling a kid she needs to be smacked isn't how to handle these mean girls. You were in love with a mean girl! You were in her girl posse! I feel like her screaming at Alli 2.0 had to have been her dealing with her issues with OG Alli. Need a remind you that you park in the faculty parking now!

Not that it was an awful episode or anything, but it didn't exactly blow my mind.

• Love 1
On ‎26‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 2:08 AM, MrsMommy said:

I feel like we are getting no where with show and we aren't learning anything new... come on writers give us the meat!

They're hiding the fact they've always had more bone than meat where this show is concerned.

22 hours ago, dreamcatcher said:

So... we have 9 (8 excluding this one) episodes left and instead of moving the story forward, we get filler stories and new characters? We're so not getting any answers.

I think that this has been the PLL Standard Operating Procedure for the last couple seasons. A bunch of filler episodes and then the final episode of the half season is a giant exposition dump, at least half of which makes no damn sense.

On 4/25/2017 at 11:18 PM, Froippi said:

has all guys in Rosewood been bad in one way or another on this show

I think that we're down to Holden and Pastor Ted.

• Love 1
54 minutes ago, Froippi said:

watch them make them look bad next lol wouldn't be suprised to be honest

We also had Liam Arias ex. Although he awesomely denounced the Ezria relationship and ripped into Ezra's terrible writing scenes last season, so i guess he's evil for that. Oh and Hannas ex. Whatever his name was. And the police guy spencer is kind of dating now. He hasn't done anything evil yet.

• Love 1
22 minutes ago, WhosThatGirl said:

We also had Liam Arias ex. Although he awesomely denounced the Ezria relationship and ripped into Ezra's terrible writing scenes last season, so i guess he's evil for that. Oh and Hannas ex. Whatever his name was. And the police guy spencer is kind of dating now. He hasn't done anything evil yet.

honestly though what happen between Ezra and Aria is their business though i felt like Liam should of stay out of it he was right but it was between those two not him

So we finally got an episode where a teacher at Rosewood High was accused of making advances on a student.

The staff member warned the teacher/coach, told no higher ups at the school, asked no questions to the other students who the accuser said could back her up, and then, apparently, fabricated evidence against the student.

Said staff member initially had no actual evidence that unwanted advances hadn't happened, but just assumed that the student was lying and acted to protect their fellow teacher and not the students.

Edited by Perfect Xero
  • Love 1
On 4/26/2017 at 0:07 PM, dreamcatcher said:

So... we have 9 (8 excluding this one) episodes left and instead of moving the story forward, we get filler stories and new characters? We're so not getting any answers.

Actually, the reason for that is because the producers basically used this episode as a backdoor pilot for a spinoff series that would have included Alison/Paige/Emily and a "new generation" of Rosewood high schoolers.  The network thankfully said no.  So instead they're going with Plan B...

Spoiler

moving the characters of Emily and Alison into "The Perfectionists", the next show that I. Marlene King is adapting from a book series.

9 hours ago, dwmckim said:

Actually, the reason for that is because the producers basically used this episode as a backdoor pilot for a spinoff series that would have included Alison/Paige/Emily and a "new generation" of Rosewood high schoolers.  The network thankfully said no.  So instead they're going with Plan B...

Hide contents

moving the characters of Emily and Alison into "The Perfectionists", the next show that I. Marlene King is adapting from a book series.

So they decided to move their two worst actresses to a new show? Why? I mean for Sasha i'm not sure whether it's a lack of talent or the fact that her character is terrible, but Shay is definitely not good at all.

• Love 3
44 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

mean for Sasha i'm not sure whether it's a lack of talent or the fact that her character is terrible

I'd chalk it up to the writing.  Back when Alison was dead, Sasha P had some good material to work with and did a great job.  (My particular favorite was the Veronica flashback where Ali showed up at the Hastings house).  Pretty much since she executed the plan for rescuing the girls from the dollhouse, they've written her horribly.

• Love 5

Sasha's actually a solid actress. I remember seeing her years ago when she was on House M.D and she had some serious acting chops for a kid. So if she's given the right material, she's pretty damn good. Like, Troian and Lucy level good. However, I have no interest for more Ali unless she's being Head Bitch In Charge Ali. These last two episodes didn't really have HBIC Ali. They just had Hormonal Ali, which seems to be different for me. She still doesn't have that bite that she did in the earlier seasons.

• Love 4
11 hours ago, dwmckim said:

Hide contents

Is there a source for this? I saw something along these lines on reddit but I'm not buying it. 

Listening to the BrosWatchPLLToo podcast -- they're not liking this episode much, mainly because of too many scenes in the highschool (amen) and too many scenes where character have to be coaxed to say what's bothering them.  When you've lost the Bros...

One joke had me laughing out loud.  They're discussing the magical board game:

Benji:  "What is powering this thing?"

Marco: "Guilt, secrets"

They were also convinced that Aria was going to visit Nichole and murder her, in various colorful ways including poison, a dagger, piano wire, a magically animated Pigtunia...

8 hours ago, dreamcatcher said:

So they decided to move their two worst actresses to a new show? Why? I mean for Sasha i'm not sure whether it's a lack of talent or the fact that her character is terrible, but Shay is definitely not good at all.

Back when she had good material, I always thought Sasha was one of the best actors in the cast, second only to Troian. I think her issue now is the terrible writing for her character. The last time she had any good material was probably the prison/trial arc and since then Alison has been kind of a sad sack without much agency in her own story, so there's really not much for Sasha to work with and it shows.

With the exception of Troian, I feel like all of the actresses have had times where you could tell they're kind of bored and phoning it in, or where they're just completely over some of the ridiculous things they have to say and do repeatedly.

I agree about Shay though, she's not the best but she's had some good moments too. 

As far as Alison and Emily moving to this new show, if it's true I think they'll just pop up a few times at the beginning to try to get PLL's audience interested. 

• Love 4

Listening to the Bustle podcast now and after 10 minutes I had to ask "did you even watch the show?"  They think Addison is working for Jenna (no context for why), they thought Hanna was trapped in the woodshop at school.  One of them suggested that Noel isn't actually dead, because of the realistic masks.  I know the police / coroner's office is utterly incompetent, but surely they did an autopsy on Noel's corpse and would notice the fucking mask.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, mac123x said:

They think Addison is working for Jenna (no context for why)

There was a brief moment in the Brew where Emily saw Jenna send a text and then turned around to see Addison picking up her phone. So you know, obviously that means they're working together. It's not like teenagers look at their phones all the time or anything.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, marinaalexis said:

There was a brief moment in the Brew where Emily saw Jenna send a text and then turned around to see Addison picking up her phone. So you know, obviously that means they're working together. It's not like teenagers look at their phones all the time or anything.

I rolled my eyes when Emily insisted that Addison was a new Jenna minion because of that text. All of these characters are constantly texting so the fact that Addison received one right after Jenna sent one is not enough to convince me that these two events are related at all.

• Love 1

The only thing that makes sense to me at this point is that A.D. is (or should be) the entire town, with the possible exception of the Liars. I've been thinking that ever since everyone in the whole damn town saw Alison the night she was "murdered."

Honestly, WTH was this episode? The show has 8 episodes left and have all the liars off doing their own boring thing instead of playing this really creative and interactive game. I mean damn it, doesn't this game look fun? I would so play it.

But, really every single storyline is boring.

Aria is still on the Ezria show, not even sure why she is even considered a PLL cast member.

Emily is yelling at a 15 year old Ali 2.0 and I couldn't care less about it. Why show? Why would you introduce a new character with 8 episodes left? Please tell me why?

Spencer needs to redirect some of that anger towards her dad, but I can't say I'm actually against her anger with her mom. It would be pretty traumatic to find this out... especially when Veronica and Peter haven't been the best parents. I'm not sure which show everyone has been watching who think Veronica is some stellar mother, because she really isn't. She has only been stellar this past season, probably so we would forget how terrible she used to be in order to have some sympathy for her during this Mary Drake is Spencer's real mother story.

Hannah, no one cares about your dresses or the fact that you haven't learned a damn thing about going into cages that you will most definitely get locked in. Props to Caleb to actually figuring out where she was and standing up to Jenna, but it still doesn't make you any less of a skeez for screwing Spencer....   

I'm really afraid that somehow they are going to make Addison A.D. and it's literally going to make no sense.

Side note: I still don't even understand Noel's motive. I get Jenna's, but his makes zero sense whatsoever. It really needs to be cleared up.

I still want to know who killed Sarah Harvey, Maya (unless that was solved, but I somehow missed it under the pile of shit this show shoves at you every week) and CeCe (unless she is actually alive and still playing the game which is probably what this show will do, which will be so unoriginal and anticlimatic)

The only way this show could possibly redeem itself at this point is if Peter Hastings, Ali, Ezra, Aria, Spencer, or Mona is A.  These would be the most satisfying and make the most sense to the story. It seriously needs to be a main character that has been around since s1.  I know Mona is a recycle, but it would be pretty epic if it was her the entire time... and then that CeCe thing could just be played out like she wanted to take the game from Mona which is why she kidnapped her and put her in the dollhouse that Mona had originally designed for the liars and Ali.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, marshmallows said:

I still want to know who killed Sarah Harvey, Maya (unless that was solved, but I somehow missed it under the pile of shit this show shoves at you every week) and CeCe (unless she is actually alive and still playing the game which is probably what this show will do, which will be so unoriginal and anticlimatic)

Fake cousin Nate aka Lyndon aka the guy who Emily stabbed at the lighthouse killed Maya. 

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Fake cousin Nate aka Lyndon aka the guy who Emily stabbed at the lighthouse killed Maya. 

Thank you! I sorta thought it was someone completely irrelevant to the main plot as usual....

4 hours ago, marshmallows said:

Honestly, WTH was this episode? The show has 8 episodes left and have all the liars off doing their own boring thing instead of playing this really creative and interactive game.

PLL doesn't know how to provide useful plot-relevant information until a finale episode.  The next 7 episodes will be a tedious repeat of the "I'm not playing the game!" AD forces one of the PLLs to take a turn, new puzzle piece.  Lather rinse repeat.

Final episode will be crammed with exposition, flashbacks, and the big nonsensical reveal that this entire thing has been a massive computer simulation by Stewie Griffith.

4 hours ago, marshmallows said:

Why would you introduce a new character with 8 episodes left? Please tell me why?

Must have more Red Herrings.   We should also get a "Melissa Hastings is back and acting shady but it's unrelated to the Game" 1-2 episode arc somewhere around E14 or E15

• Love 4
18 hours ago, mac123x said:

PLL doesn't know how to provide useful plot-relevant information until a finale episode.  The next 7 episodes will be a tedious repeat of the "I'm not playing the game!" AD forces one of the PLLs to take a turn, new puzzle piece.  Lather rinse repeat.

Final episode will be crammed with exposition, flashbacks, and the big nonsensical reveal that this entire thing has been a massive computer simulation by Stewie Griffith.

Must have more Red Herrings.   We should also get a "Melissa Hastings is back and acting shady but it's unrelated to the Game" 1-2 episode arc somewhere around E14 or E15

Oh and Jason will probably come back too, just so we can have one more shady unrelated character to this game.

PLL just makes me wanna face palm the entire time I'm watching it....