Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E09: Visiting Hours

On ‎4‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 9:37 AM, peacheslatour said:

No way would Emma try to take the baby from Dylan. She knows how screwed up his family is/was. They are his family now and I doubt she would break that up. She just needed to get out of Dodge because of the awfulness of what happened there and she wanted to get back to her kid. She will be waiting for Dylan  if he makes it out of there.

I hope so! I didn't intemperate the scene as saying she left him forever, just that she had to get away from WPB. I think she'll be waiting for him when all this is over with, if he survives!

Timetoread, your posts have been a pleasure for me to read! Thanks for taking the time, you said so much I wanted to!

On ‎4‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 10:45 PM, Virtual Side said:

Madeleine doesn't know Dylan's relationship with Norman and just assumes that Dylan knew him well his whole life. They didn't have a good relationship with each other until Norma and Norman moved to White Pine Bay and Dylan followed

I know it wasn't the right time, but I wish Dylan could have clued her in on this.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Complexity said:

I really hope they don't kill Norma in the end.

There is already a very strong stigma against people with mental health problems. Statistically, they are less likely to be violent and are more likely to be the victim of violence, but people are still scared of the unknown so they fear them.

Having Norman killed in the end only serves to add to that erroneous stigma. The mentally ill have enough problems already without further glorifying the idea that they don't deserve to live because of their mental illness.

Norman should be treated, not killed.

I agree I hope he is not killed. And especially not by Romero just shooting him or something.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Mick Lady said:

I didn't intemperate the scene as saying she left him forever, just that she had to get away from WPB. I think she'll be waiting for him when all this is over with, if he survives!

I don't even think she'll do that now. After her encounter with Norman and realizing it wasn't HIM she was talking to, I believe she realizes Norman's illness is worse than she had thought before that point. I wouldn't be surprised if she changed her mind and stayed in town to help Dylan with Norman.

• Love 4

I think Norman will take Romero to Norma's body, and new sheriff will show up to stop Romero from killing Norman.  Then we'll get the trial, where Norman will be declared legally insane and sent to a mental institution.

Then, I'm going to guess we'll get a flashforward where Norman will be released 10-20 years later.  He'll go back to the Bates Motel, which will be run-down and dilapidated, and then, just when we think everything is OK, Norma will show up and say something to the effect of fixing up the place so she and Norman can live there again.

• Love 2
56 minutes ago, WearyTraveler said:

I think Norman will take Romero to Norma's body, and new sheriff will show up to stop Romero from killing Norman.  Then we'll get the trial, where Norman will be declared legally insane and sent to a mental institution.

Then, I'm going to guess we'll get a flashforward where Norman will be released 10-20 years later.  He'll go back to the Bates Motel, which will be run-down and dilapidated, and then, just when we think everything is OK, Norma will show up and say something to the effect of fixing up the place so she and Norman can live there again.

I like this sequence of events but how can that all happen in a smooth way  in a hour. That is not meant to sound snarky I wish we had more than one episode left to do something like this. Now if they can pull this off in a hour then that would be great. I had a fantasy ending that was similar to yours. It would be interesting to see Norman fifteen or twenty years released and going back to the house just like they did in Psycho II. That was such a haunting scene in the sequal when he goes home to that empty house. I watched that movie not too long ago and the music in that scene was creepy. Anyway getting back to the finale it would be interesting how they could age Norman physically. Some subtle changes. Oh in your fantasy ending what does Mother look like to you in your mind? Do you see her as unchangeable in Norman's mind and looking the same or older?. In my mind I would see Mother as having aged. 

Edited by Stringey
  • Love 1

Not saying I don't like Dylan and Emma together but has anyone else noticed the complete lack of chemistry between the actors? I'd love to know if anyone else agrees or cares. 

Btw fuck Romero for killing Chick. That was completely unnecessary. I liked Romero but now he's just another loose cannon in my opinion. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Nowhere said:

Not saying I don't like Dylan and Emma together but has anyone else noticed the complete lack of chemistry between the actors? I'd love to know if anyone else agrees or cares. 

Btw fuck Romero for killing Chick. That was completely unnecessary. I liked Romero but now he's just another loose cannon in my opinion. 

I do agree there's a lack of chemistry between the Dylan and Emma actors, unlike the actors for Romero and Norma. 

• Love 3
On 4/18/2017 at 3:03 AM, Bec said:

I was freaking out when Romero went into the sheriff's department, 'cause I wasn't sure whether Emma left the building yet. I was like "he better not hurt Emma!"

"Tell Norman I miss him." Excuse me, I have something in my eye. Is someone cutting onions in here? That really was one of Emma's best scenes.

I'm just finally catching up on the rest of the season and I was totally freaking out too that Emma would be caught in Romero's crossfires.    Thank goodness she had already left.

I don't believe Romero would have hurt Emma, as she was an innocent and not standing in the way of what he wanted to achieve. He spared that guy whose car he stole in 5x03 when he could have easily killed him and hidden the body. Same with Regina. He did kill Chick, but Chick was pretty much asking for it by rubbing Norma's death in his face, and telling Romero he was planning on writing a book to exploit the events. The only person he WANTED to hurt was Norman, and that did come out of twisted revenge on his part (but during the course of the show, Romero was always a maniac to anyone who messed with him).