Type keyword(s) to search

On Patrol: Live - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Okay, now I see the cameraman in Spokane is an A PLUS ASSHOLE.  The guy says he doesn't want the camera in his face, doesn't want to be "famous".  SO the cameraman crouches down so he gets a better shot of the guy's face and zooms in for a closeup!  What a dick!

• Love 1
27 minutes ago, 00redsvt said:

New motto for live PD.

6 departments. 6 states. 6 commercial breaks an hour. 

The breaks are getting ridiculous!

they run 21-22 minutes from 9p without a break then start cramming in breaks every 11-14 minutes, and it keeps getting worse towards 11:30 they have a break every 9 minutes!

I realize this is normally the highest rated cable program for Friday and Saturday so they have got to be killing it on advertising dollars but people will stop watching or start recording it in order to skip the commercials.

Stix is loving those advertising dollars!

• Love 2
57 minutes ago, surveyandprotect1 said:

The breaks are getting ridiculous!

they run 21-22 minutes from 9p without a break then start cramming in breaks every 11-14 minutes, and it keeps getting worse towards 11:30 they have a break every 9 minutes!

I realize this is normally the highest rated cable program for Friday and Saturday so they have got to be killing it on advertising dollars but people will stop watching or start recording it in order to skip the commercials.

Stix is loving those advertising dollars!

I used to pause it for the first half hour so I could FF thru the ads. Last night, I paused it for 37 minutes and still ended up running into the live show!! I paused it for 45 minutes tonight and was able to skip all the ads. That's a lot of commercials for a television show!! 

• Love 1

Tonight was actually pretty entertaining,well until the Pasco dickheads showed up, and once again the same 4 officers bullying people. They walked past at least like 50 kids and they decide those are the guys who smell like weed? I’m sure half of those kids smelled like weed,they just look for the right person to attack. It’s horrible.  If they are like any of the other Departments on Live PD they won’t last long. This show has a hard time keep contracts with Departments it seems other then Richland. 

Which sucks but I can understand.

I swear the the last hour of this show is just commercials. It’s 3 hours but it feels like only an 1 and half because of the damn commercials. 

• Love 2

The officer in Spokane who was dealing with the lady who wanted her car towed, is so patient! 

I really like officer Mckinney in El Paso. He doesn't talk down to people amd he is very fair. 

Being an Officer is a hard job, you have to deal with people who most likely don't like you and try to make your life difficult. But the officer's in Pasco just love the control they have. They act like bullies and escalate situations and make them worse. 

• Love 3
17 minutes ago, Hero said:

The officer in Spokane who was dealing with the lady who wanted her car towed, is so patient! 

I really like officer Mckinney in El Paso. He doesn't talk down to people amd he is very fair. 

Being an Officer is a hard job, you have to deal with people who most likely don't like you and try to make your life difficult. But the officer's in Pasco just love the control they have. They act like bullies and escalate situations and make them worse. 

That lady!  I know I wouldn't have been as patient as the officer in Spokane!  Yikes! 

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Hero said:

Is McKinney the officer who said last night, "I'm gonna be straight with you, your license plate looks fake as shit." If he is, my husband and I were rolling and said that all day long today.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, UniqueHandle said:

Is McKinney the officer who said last night, "I'm gonna be straight with you, your license plate looks fake as shit." If he is, my husband and I were rolling and said that all day long today.

He is! I love how straight forward he is. He doesn't try to be overly macho and play things up for the camera's. 

• Love 6

Yes! Love Officer McKinney. He is straight up, and does not give nor take bullshit.

The Spokane car tow lady was a nutty buddy. Was she lamenting that the homeless drifters all have driver's licences and she doesn't? And she blames the "lady at the front desk" for...something? I tried to follow her train of thought, but decided to jump off before it reached its Crazytown destination.

• Love 5
On 11/19/2017 at 2:53 AM, Hellohappylife said:

Tonight was actually pretty entertaining,well until the Pasco dickheads showed up, and once again the same 4 officers bullying people. They walked past at least like 50 kids and they decide those are the guys who smell like weed? I’m sure half of those kids smelled like weed,they just look for the right person to attack. It’s horrible.  If they are like any of the other Departments on Live PD they won’t last long. This show has a hard time keep contracts with Departments it seems other then Richland. 

I swear the the last hour of this show is just commercials. It’s 3 hours but it feels like only an 1 and half because of the damn commercials. 

It seems that most are only signed up for 2-6 weeks.  Greenville will be back, the officers wanted to take a break.    Some of the depts I don't care to see again.

• Love 1

Where is Leverett? He hasn't been in-studio in 2 weeks or on-screen in 3 weeks.

I'd have to rate tonight's episode the best of the season so far. The executive producer who decided on which live shot to take was on their game tonight! The action was better that previous weeks.... but that's the random nature of "live" TV. This episode reminded me more of season one.

• Love 2

Watching the re-air right now. 10 minutes in and the lady deputy in Pasco is already pissing me off. Do they try to hire the most incompetent and sour pussed folks out there? Since when is it a crime to drink in your own home? And what was with the "Don't walk up on me like that!" comment. Ugh. 

Dude in Spokane that opened the show had my sympathies until he opened his mouth. Sweet Jesus. I feel like today is one of those days where everyone I meet or see is an asshole so I'm assuming that says more about me than them. Happy holidays! Haha 

YALL!!!  There is steam coming off of this dudes head in Richland SC. I have never seen this before, lmao. Holy cow!!! 

Edited by 00redsvt
  • Love 2

this might have been brought up before (don't have time to read all entries) but it strike anyone odd that with the double murder-attempted suicide, the cops pronounced so quickly then later abrams updated that subject was taken to the hospital

On ‎11‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 3:10 PM, iluvobx said:

It seems that most are only signed up for 2-6 weeks.  Greenville will be back, the officers wanted to take a break.    Some of the depts I don't care to see again.

On ‎11‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 2:53 AM, Hellohappylife said:

seemed like a 100 kids then at the point where they stopped the 2 guys, they seemed to be at the house where the party was held.  seemed to me the best thing to do would be to try to connect with any adults on the scene, but nooooooooooooooooooooooo...

• Love 1
22 hours ago, surveyandprotect1 said:

Where is Leverett? He hasn't been in-studio in 2 weeks or on-screen in 3 weeks.

I think I read somewhere that their contract was over with them.

it’s funny how the officers who go to the PD Studios seem to disappear from the show after. James Casey,Tim Mohler, Alyssa Wright, Leverett,Chris Mastrianni & Kevin Lawrence  (well we barely see Kevin and Chris anyways)

• Love 3

Why do so many officers argue endlessly with people?

Geesh, give them 3 chances to follow orders, then follow thru.

Just now in El Paso, they are arguing and going in circles, when its obvious the guy should just be put in cuffs and STFU.

Standing there like a bunch of morons, then the guy gets away. Epic fail.......

• Love 2

Maybe its me, but most of the officers are acting like assholes tonight.

The two in Florida just now, STOP ARGUING !      

Don't they realize it doesn't help?

I should of watched the Ladies Short Program tonight. :(

• Love 4
23 minutes ago, Cherrio said:

I did watch it, and it was glorious!

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Cherrio said:

That was me during the Friday episode. I chalked it up to me having a bad day, lol. Just now starting Saturday's episode, will have to see if I'm feeling the same. 

Watchinf the domestic dispute that opened the show, is it just me, or does it make anyone else nervous when these officers are clearly running at a high rate of speed while looking at their computers? They barely look at the road and its worrisome. 

• Love 2
6 hours ago, 00redsvt said:

That was me during the Friday episode. I chalked it up to me having a bad day, lol. Just now starting Saturday's episode, will have to see if I'm feeling the same. 

Watchinf the domestic dispute that opened the show, is it just me, or does it make anyone else nervous when these officers are clearly running at a high rate of speed while looking at their computers? They barely look at the road and its worrisome. 

I agree about the officers looking on their computers. About 10 years ago, in my state, there was an officer going a little over 100mph on the highway, while looking at his computer. He crashed into two sisters in a car somewhere in front of him. He killed them both. It was an accident that never should have happened. 

• Love 3
6 hours ago, 00redsvt said:

Been noticing this too lately. It makes me nervous just watching,it’s no different then reading a text. Plus I noticed a lot of times officers aren’t even wearing their seatbelts when they’re going at high speeds.

I also noticed one of the officers in the opening of the show struggling for a few minutes to get over that fence? Meanwhile the younger/in shape cop got over it right away & ran off alone into the house with a guy who has a shot gun. Way to have his back!!

It was nice to see the Pasco cops being nice for a change to the guy who was arrested, telling him nicely how he shouldn’t be carrying his Birth certificate and SS card in his wallet. 

• Love 2

Another comment on El Paso Sheriffs last night.  The one where the neighbor called in and said they heard two men arguing in some apt.  They would NOT believe the man and woman inside who said there WAS NO OTHER MAN in there.  And that ONE cop. the short chunky guy?  He evidently got offended by something the homeowner said, you could see him get all huffy, and things escalated from there.  He just was NOT gonna let it go.  By the end, there were at least 8 cops there!  I'd like to know what probable cause they had, it cannot be JUST an anonymous phone call, right??  And how can they demand ID and entry to the home? There was no PC that ANYTHING was going on, the cops being there was the causative reason the children were crying, they WOULDN'T LEAVE!  I do agree, the man shouldn't have run, but is EL Paso Sheriffs Dept run on testosterone??  I was shrieking at the TV.  I would have said I'm closing the door, and calling my attorney, you have no right to harass me in my home with no evidence, no PC, no witness.  And the same pudgy belligerent cop kept saying the man was aggressive!  He wasn't!  He was still in his home!  GAH!!!

I thought the Olympic Channel would rerun the women's short program today so I watched this show last night. After wanting to watch all of Friday's episode I fell asleep while watching last night's. I admit to also being overly tired. Last night seemed clunky and I wasn't appreciating the attitude quite a few of the cops had going.

• Love 2
17 hours ago, Brattinella said:

Another comment on El Paso Sheriffs last night.  The one where the neighbor called in and said they heard two men arguing in some apt.  They would NOT believe the man and woman inside who said there WAS NO OTHER MAN in there.  And that ONE cop. the short chunky guy?  He evidently got offended by something the homeowner said, you could see him get all huffy, and things escalated from there.  He just was NOT gonna let it go.  By the end, there were at least 8 cops there!  I'd like to know what probable cause they had, it cannot be JUST an anonymous phone call, right??  And how can they demand ID and entry to the home? There was no PC that ANYTHING was going on, the cops being there was the causative reason the children were crying, they WOULDN'T LEAVE!  I do agree, the man shouldn't have run, but is EL Paso Sheriffs Dept run on testosterone??  I was shrieking at the TV.  I would have said I'm closing the door, and calling my attorney, you have no right to harass me in my home with no evidence, no PC, no witness.  And the same pudgy belligerent cop kept saying the man was aggressive!  He wasn't!  He was still in his home!  GAH!!!

I thought the officers were actually good to him,I think the only reason they kept going back and forth with the guy is because the phone call they got indicated that the person at that location was Wanted, so technically they do have a right to verify if that’s true or not,since their job is to get Wanted people off the streets. Plus the guys instant  attitude  Didn’t help at all,the cops were very polite with him from the start. 

He should of just given his name if he wasn’t hiding something. If the phone call hadn’t mentioned a Wanted person then yeah I would see it as harassing,but they had a legit reason to verify his identity.

The officers didn’t upset his children,the father did,he was the one getting irate & fleeing from the police setting a horrible example to his kids

Now his stupid actions will leave his kids without a father for awhile. 

• Love 4

Citizens of the US do have civil rights.  One of them is security in their home.  There is NO law I am aware of that requires you to identify yourself in YOUR OWN HOME.  Even if some ANONYMOUS person calls to report a possible warrant.  Cops did not hear any altercation, they didn't see any altercation, there was no evidence of an altercation, and the "witness" WASN'T THERE. 

I wasn't appreciating the attitude quite a few of the cops had going.

I'm with you. Several of the "new" cops are indulging in lengthy, manipulative arguments with people who are upset or confused. The cops ask endless rhetorical questions that lead the conversation in useless circles and prolong the camera time; they hinder instead of help. For example, the woman who wanted help with an ex-husband in another state was clearly ill-informed about the process, but the cop was a smart aleck. He could have ended it with a couple of brief, straightforward statements. "I'm sorry that you are upset, but since your ex-husband lives in another state and is not threatening you tonight, I can't help you. Please talk to a counselor or attorney. Have a good night."

Also, I question the legality of the camera's presence on private property. Many of these subjects demand that the cameras go away and get ignored. Case in point: the angry woman whose husband was still inside their home. News cameras can operate on public property and don't need release statements. We would do it or edit out faces as a courtesy when someone made a fuss. Notice that the edited segments from earlier footage are often pixelated to hide faces. I don't like that the cops say "it's a documentary, ignore it." It's not a documentary - it's a for-profit TV show.

ETA: the child with the seizures was an odd situation. How did she get away from her parents and make it over to that deserted lot late at night? I think she crossed a big road. Why was she holding a flute? I wondered if she'd gotten hold of some alcohol or drugs.

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Love 2
23 minutes ago, pasdetrois said:

The cops ask endless rhetorical questions that lead the conversation in useless circles and prolong the camera time; they hinder instead of help.

Yeah, that is my take on it too.  Certain cops want to be famous, hence their extended camera-time.

24 minutes ago, pasdetrois said:

Also, I question the legality of the camera's presence on private property.

Seriously.  I would be sore-pressed NOT to get loud or even violent if they disregarded my request for NO CAMERA.

25 minutes ago, pasdetrois said:

I don't like that the cops say "it's a documentary, ignore it." It's not a documentary - it's a for-profit TV show.

Absolutely.  The cameras aren't there for the COPS, they are there for YOU, the entertainment of the night.  YOU should be getting paid.

• Love 1

How many times have we seen so many of these officers/deputies pull people over (profiling/suspicion of drugs, etc) under the guise of not using their directional signal?

I am using that example because today I was driving in one of the featured cities behind a deputy. Naturally I was watching him because of the show. Well, he did NOT use his directional when he changed lanes.  We have also heard that you actually have to wait a number of seconds after the signal is on before you switch lanes, so he broke two laws!

That is bullshit if you ask me.  I can't complain about getting drunk, drugged and other messed up people off the roads, but if they are going to use these anal retentive excuses to initially stop them, then they have no excuse for not following all traffic laws themselves.

Maybe I will start a Live Citizens Arrest Show.  I know it would go over big here, big as in me being buried under the detention center.

• Love 3

I can't remember if it was this past Friday or the Fri/Sat before that but there was a guy calling about an ex-wife showing up at his home. He had to call a 2nd time and when he asked not to be filmed and went back inside his house the female cop said something like since he didn't want to be on camera then he made it easy by them not having to help him. I was kind of shocked.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Cherrio said:

How many times have we seen so many of these officers/deputies pull people over (profiling/suspicion of drugs, etc) under the guise of not using their directional signal?

Yep.  They pull them over for a non-existing "infraction" and then they escalate it into a search of your car and your person.

17 minutes ago, Jaded said:

when he asked not to be filmed and went back inside his house the female cop said something like since he didn't want to be on camera then he made it easy by them not having to help him. I was kind of shocked.

And THAT is pure BULLSHIT!  She needs to be fired, PDQ.

And another thing:  The reason "I smelled marijuana when I stopped you". If this is really true everyone needs to stop smoking weed in their cars!  Personally, I think it is just another excuse to search your car.

• Love 2

I hate the “I smell weed in your car there for I can legally search without your permission”  excuse given by many of these officers

I’m not even a weed smoker but I find that “rule” to be completely unfair. There should have to be phycial signs of drugs in the car,not just some cops theory. 

I don’t understand how a breathalyzer isn’t admissible in court,yet the officers Reason of  marijuana Smell is. at least with a breathalyzer there is some proof. There is no way to figure out what some other person smells. It’s hearsay. (Famous words of Judge Judy)

Edited by Hellohappylife
  • Love 2
54 minutes ago, Hellohappylife said:

I don’t understand how a breathalyzer isn’t admissible in court,yet the officers Reason of  marijuana Smell is .: at least with a breathalyzer there is some proof. There is no way to figure out what some other person smells. It’s hearsay.

Perfectly said!

8 hours ago, Jaded said:

I can't remember if it was this past Friday or the Fri/Sat before that but there was a guy calling about an ex-wife showing up at his home. He had to call a 2nd time and when he asked not to be filmed and went back inside his house the female cop said something like since he didn't want to be on camera then he made it easy by them not having to help him. I was kind of shocked.

I was going to mention this same example when the previous poster mentioned no cameras. That deputy in Pasco was way out of line, IMO. She told the guy something along the lines of "well that just made my job easier", and walked away! What if he or his friend he had over were in legitimate serious danger from the lady coming back numerous times? I couldn't believe she acted that way. Must be something in the water in Pasco! 

6 hours ago, Hellohappylife said:

I hate the “I smell weed in your car there for I can legally search without your permission”  excuse given by many of these officers

I’m not even a weed smoker but I find that “rule” to be completely unfair. There should have to be phycial signs of drugs in the car,not just some cops theory. 

I don’t understand how a breathalyzer isn’t admissible in court,yet the officers Reason of  marijuana Smell is. at least with a breathalyzer there is some proof. There is no way to figure out what some other person smells. It’s hearsay. (Famous words of Judge Judy)

I'm terrified of this. Some know, some don't, but we lost our home to a fire back in Sept., 3/4 of our vehicles were messed up during the fire, which means I am having to use my MIL's car for simple errands for the time being. Both my Mil and FIL receive narcotics (legally), and of course if they've been in her car recently, I'm terrified of being pulled over, somehow managing to be searched and having a dog or something pick up on the scent of their legal drugs having been in the car. I know I sound ridiculous but once you watch enough of this, it kind of makes me nervous. Would I get in trouble for the scent of narcotics? The car isn't even legally mine, lol. Y'all don't think I'm wacky, please, I just really want to know. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, 00redsvt said:

I was going to mention this same example when the previous poster mentioned no cameras. That deputy in Pasco was way out of line, IMO. She told the guy something along the lines of "well that just made my job easier", and walked away! What if he or his friend he had over were in legitimate serious danger from the lady coming back numerous times? I couldn't believe she acted that way. Must be something in the water in Pasco! 

I'm terrified of this. Some know, some don't, but we lost our home to a fire back in Sept., 3/4 of our vehicles were messed up during the fire, which means I am having to use my MIL's car for simple errands for the time being. Both my Mil and FIL receive narcotics (legally), and of course if they've been in her car recently, I'm terrified of being pulled over, somehow managing to be searched and having a dog or something pick up on the scent of their legal drugs having been in the car. I know I sound ridiculous but once you watch enough of this, it kind of makes me nervous. Would I get in trouble for the scent of narcotics? The car isn't even legally mine, lol. Y'all don't think I'm wacky, please, I just really want to know. 

No, I don't think you are wacky or silly for worrying. I think some officers are too quick to act, too quick making assumptions and judgments.

They don't listen or assume everyone is lying.  Once their minds are made up you could find yourself in cuffs.

I had a real asshole officer come to my home about ongoing problems with my neighbors. He did all of the above to me except the cuffs.  I called his superior and told him what an asshole this officer was. I was direct, even repeating certain things he said me. To my surprise the superior admitted the officer was an asshole and said "yep, that sounds exactly like him".

Just obey all traffic laws and make sure there are no pill bottles without labels in your car.  If you were ever stopped, you can insist they call their superior and you can talk to them.   If you are accused because you are upset or nervous, you tell them its a normal reaction when an innocent person is being harrassed.   Also make sure they know that any damage from their dogs and you will be retaining an attorney.

Edited by Cherrio
  • Love 3

I think where all the above happens, the "sensing marijuana smoke" and not using turn indicators or a burnt-out license plate light, are all PLOYS.  I think the genuine, underlying purpose for ALL of this, is to confiscate guns.  They truly believe no one deserves to have a gun except THE COPS.  A friend of ours with a licensed, legal, customized gun got it stolen by a burglar, who turned out to be an ex-friend.  It took him about 5 years to get it back from the PD.  It had his NAME and BUSINESS engraved on it!

• Love 1