Type keyword(s) to search

On Patrol: Live - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Did anyone catch it?

10/7 (Saturday) episode.

They cut to Pinal County AZ at 9:22 EST. Officer Jackson Deiner is talking to suspect in back of Tahoe.

Officer states that "all the neighbors are out watching on a beautiful FRIDAY night" and the camera pans to show the street.

Problem is its not Friday and the suspect disagreed with the fact that the neighbors were watching him but not the fact that its not Friday.

I had to replay on the DVR to make sure I heard it correctly.

There was no notice of this being a recorded segment from "earlier".... better yet they cut back the supposed live scene later to follow up.

First night for Pinal County on the show.

Another strike against the show being live.

Edited by surveyandprotect1
  • Love 2

I'm starting to feel sorry for some of these people that are caught doing drugs and arrested when they're not selling, only hurting themselves, and their lives are obviously already a clusterfuck.

I know it's illegal and the cops have no choice with cameras on them especially, but it often feels like kicking someone when they're down. I don't know what the solution is, but locking these addicts up doesn't actually seem to solve the problem for more than a night or two, or until they leave jail.

Edited by rideashire
  • Love 4

I'm always happy when Kevin Lawrence is back on my TV. Love his policing style. He's low-key but always in firm control.

I'm not embarrassed to admit that I saved one earlier episode of Live PD on my DVR - the one where he, Mastrianni and their lieutenant stopped two older brothers for some infraction I don't remember, and hilarity ensured. The producer had the wisdom to allow the scene to play out, so we were treated to chunked beer cans, call-outs to boos, and guilty admissions that they were looking for a shorty to party with.

In another episode Kevin stopped an elderly gentleman and they discussed the finer points of eating BBQ on white Wonder Bread. As a southerner I understand the importance of this discussion.

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Love 8

I loved last night's show beginning to end.  Normally I am shouting at my TV, but pretty much everyone was decent last night.  I felt bad for the old guy (caretaker across the street) who was arrested for jaywalking.  I understand why, but I worry for his 5 lb puppy left at home!  The shoplifting ladies were a hoot!  She was just digging around in her bra for stolen stuff to fling!  Camera was right on her, and she didn't mind a bit.  And the guy out with his buddy who got caught with a REAL nice single-action revolver, he was cracking me up with his "Come on, man!"  said over and over to the officer.  I think he was let go, and the gun charge went on his buddy.

• Love 1
21 hours ago, Brattinella said:

I felt bad for the old guy (caretaker across the street) who was arrested for jaywalking.  I understand why, but I worry for his 5 lb puppy left at home! 

Actually, they didn't arrest him. They gave him a ride across the street. And the "puppy" is an 85 1/2 pound  red nosed pit. It turned out  well, I thought.

• Love 3
On 10/8/2017 at 8:48 AM, pasdetrois said:

I'm always happy when Kevin Lawrence is back on my TV. Love his policing style. He's low-key but always in firm control.

I'm not embarrassed to admit that I saved one earlier episode of Live PD on my DVR - the one where he, Mastrianni and their lieutenant stopped two older brothers for some infraction I don't remember, and hilarity ensured. The producer had the wisdom to allow the scene to play out, so we were treated to chunked beer cans, call-outs to boos, and guilty admissions that they were looking for a shorty to party with.

In another episode Kevin stopped an elderly gentleman and they discussed the finer points of eating BBQ on white Wonder Bread. As a southerner I understand the importance of this discussion.

Don't forget the brother's reaction when Lt. Curtis Wilson drove up.

Love RCSD <3 

I admit I am biased about Richland County, as that is the county I am from.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Schnickelfritz said:

Actually, they didn't arrest him. They gave him a ride across the street. And the "puppy" is an 85 1/2 pound  red nosed pit. It turned out  well, I thought.

I am SO glad you caught that part!  Thanks!

• Love 2

K9 Flex is getting fat and I'm dismayed. How the hell do you even fatten up a working dog like that? They burn calories standing still. Someone is doing the most they can to pork him up and this is unacceptable.

That is all.

• Love 1

I think I was distracted last week because I found both nights a little boring.  Last night I felt was a little better. I liked the segment in Richland County where the girls were stopped, let go, then 5 seconds later stopped again.  The warrant on the house in Florida was good too.

What or rather who I really do not like is Denver Leveret.  He reminds me of Moschetto from Maryland.

Levert is too aggressive and talks too much. He also seems very bossy to his co-workers.  I am not a dog handler, but I do not think he is correctly handling the dog.  The dogs are supposed to do the work, not be told to search here , search there as Levert was doing.

The guy in the car did not admit at first he had a gun and yes that is very bad, but there is no need to keep telling him that you (Levert) are nervous, jumpy and there is no telling what you will do, including shooting him.   I could understand anger if the guy had tried to pull the gun.

Officers need to be calm and collected.  Levert, like Moschetto seem to want trouble and come at people with a bad attitude. Levert strikes me as a man who is insecure in some aspect of his personality or anatomy and comes in blasting with a really bad attitude.  

Officers like Kevin Lawrence are examples of how an officer can treat everyone , unless a situation actually calls for more forceful actions.

• Love 6

I CANNOT stand Sgt Leverette. He is full of himself and escalates situations that don't  need to be escalated.

Dan seems more subdued this season. He doesn't really seem that into the show anymore. 

I wish those two cute officers we saw last week from Pasco county was shown yesterday. 

• Love 6
17 hours ago, Hero said:

So sick of Sticks. He seems really arrogant. 

I agree with some arrogance, but he knows his stuff.

Dufus Leveret was flipping thru some book and Sticks knew the laws on the spot.

• Love 4

I'm not sure how true this is, as it was picked up from an online source, but apparently the show is anywhere from 45-60 mins delayed. It wasn't as long of a delay in the earlier episodes but the guy running from the car at an apartment complex with a gun is what supposedly triggered the change in delay time. Also interesting is that Sticks uses his personal vacation days to come in and do the studio segments of the show on the weekends. Can't imagine how long that's going to last. Have I missed Mastrianni or has he been absent for all the new episodes this season? 

• Love 1
On May 1, 2017 at 1:33 PM, gunderda said:

Why doesn't he just give them the breathalyzer first??? All those tests are stupid. 

After he eff-ed up and let a guy go a couple weeks ago because the tests didn't show him to be drunk (except the breathalyzer) I've noticed he doesn't really give anyone an inch lately. 

Have you noticed that they always ask how long ago the person had a drink? They can't administer the breathalyzer immediately because they have togo on the assumption that the person literally just took a drink while they were being pulled over. The police have to give the alcohol time to digest and weaken in the mouth (I hope that makes sense). Example, if I've taken a drink and get pulled over 2-3 minutes after, even though I only had ONE legitimate sip of alcohol, I'll still fail the breathalyzer because the alcohol will be so strong on my breath. I really hope I'm explaining this right  

also, to whomever mention Moschetto and his repetitive tics, it's been said that he's actually had a stroke and repetition is one of the leftover side effects of that. Don't take that for 100% fact though. 

Speaking of nervous tics, I know Casey is no longer on the show, but did anyone else notice when he was in stressful situations, he'd pat or rub the side of his face where he was shot? It was the oddest thing to see. 

• Love 1
13 hours ago, 00redsvt said:

Have you noticed that they always ask how long ago the person had a drink? They can't administer the breathalyzer immediately because they have togo on the assumption that the person literally just took a drink while they were being pulled over. The police have to give the alcohol time to digest and weaken in the mouth (I hope that makes sense). Example, if I've taken a drink and get pulled over 2-3 minutes after, even though I only had ONE legitimate sip of alcohol, I'll still fail the breathalyzer because the alcohol will be so strong on my breath. I really hope I'm explaining this right  

ah ok, so if you really didn't have that much to drink but took the test shortly after it might make it seem like you had way too much??

It's barely even half an hour in and already I feel compelled to post my token dog handling comment of the night.

Why the fuck does he keep telling Flex to stay? That's what he's saying, though it comes out sounding like "Blive" it's actually "Beibe" which is German for Stay. There's zero reason to tell the dog to stay 89 times until it's white noise.

Fun fact, he's basically telling the dog to stay put on that console and I'm not saying he's doing it on purpose but I'm not NOT saying it either....he wants a reason to search the car and he's on camera so...

Also, he asked asked him to sit a few times and the dog never did.

Then the dog growls at him in the car until the officer gives in and rewards him just so he can get his dog out of the damn car. That would have been a fight otherwise. This dog has him trained really well, lol.

Ok, I'm done. Unless they do something else stupid tonight in which case....I'm not done.  I can't stand that officer, he's so damn condescending and obnoxious. I'm rooting for the dog to snap at him on camera so I can gloat.

Oh, and just as I was finishing this up turns out there was nothing else in that car and the alert was false. Imagine that!

Edited by rideashire
  • Love 7
7 hours ago, gunderda said:

ah ok, so if you really didn't have that much to drink but took the test shortly after it might make it seem like you had way too much??

Exactly. I don't know why I couldn't explain it as straight forward as you, lol. 

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, Jaded said:

I hope Sticks runs out of vacation days really soon.

Me too! I can't stand him for some reason. I never liked since the first time they showed him.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Brattinella said:

Yeah, that one last night was abusing his dog for the camera. :((

The one that was choking the dog to get him to release? bad as that looked I don't blame him as much as whoever trained the dog in the first place and whoever is providing ongoing training for the officer.

It's clear the dog wasn't taught to release properly and the officer wasn't taught how to deal with him. He's frustrated and on camera and he made a mistake, not acceptable at all but I think the blame is on whoever is sending out partially trained dogs in the first place. That one was wild to start, jumping all over him and yanking the leash everywhere, not focused on his job one bit.

Training k9s can be lucrative and clearly someone is cashing the checks and not providing the product. The cop didn't train that dog.

• Love 8
26 minutes ago, druzy said:

The officers are extra aware of the cameras this season. 

Maybe that's why I'm not enjoying (feels weird saying that about a real life police show) it as much? Something seems off since this 2nd season has started.

• Love 2
On 10/21/2017 at 1:16 AM, Brattinella said:

Asshole sheriffs in Pasco County.  Seriously.

I looked at the line-up but I am still not sure. Who is the officer who was constantly asking about gang tattoo's?  He is young and has plucked eyebrows.

I was really annoyed that he just assumed the black man was still in the Lion gang.  I felt he should of run a check before what I thought was obnoxious harrassment of the man. He kept telling the officer that was in his past, 13 years ago.   Unless he has proof to prove otherwise I felt he was being disrespected. That young officer seems too full of himself, another know it all.  NOT the kind of person to be an officer.   

Also, I have already forgotten what charges were brought if any, but stopping someone for not waiting 2 full seconds before changing lanes?  That is bullshit.

I find that now I am hyper aware of how I drive, even waiting 3 seconds to change lanes with my signal on.    I have nothing , nor do I do anything to be arrested for, but that "shake" from my many trips to Home Depot for garden supplies could land me in cuffs.

• Love 2

The officer in Pasco County, I think his name was Mercado, was so condescending to the forner gang member guy. He kept telling the guy that he had to remove his tattoo's. I'm pretty sure the guy doesn't have 1000's of dollars laying around, otherwise he would have done it already. 

• Love 6
On 10/21/2017 at 8:58 PM, Hero said:

What do you guys think of Lt. Danny Brown? Cute or not? 

I think he is! He seems a bit jittery-ish at times which kinda confuses me (like when he's reading the miranda rights). 

The new big beefy guy in Richland is fun to watch, just to have him go up to scrawny guys being assholes and see them cave - but I miss Lawrence and Mastrianni :( 

And there's a new guy from Pasco County, FL that is very Bruno Mars-ish!

• Love 3
On 8/16/2017 at 7:30 PM, Neurochick said:

But did the officers know the stuff was stolen when he initially saw her with the bag?  

What could have happened was the officers received a tip from someone.  The women were probably at that hotel to sell the stuff they stole and maybe someone tipped off the police.

SUPER late - but the officer (was it Danny Brown?) knew the the items were from Dillards ( I believe) and he was very familiar with Dillards policy of attaching sticker tags to actual price tag on the item when it sold and none of those items had those tags. And I think they had security devices on them. 

On 10/6/2017 at 8:16 AM, iluvobx said:

Tonight, Tonight!  It's back!

RCSD (Richland County)  will be back on it.  RCSD contract runs through Dec.  More of Beary, Lawrence and Mastranni (who is going to be a daddy).

I know it's only been 3 weeks... but we've only seen Lawrence once and Mastrianni none and that makes me sad :( 

On 10/7/2017 at 8:50 PM, rideashire said:

I'm starting to feel sorry for some of these people that are caught doing drugs and arrested when they're not selling, only hurting themselves, and their lives are obviously already a clusterfuck.

I know it's illegal and the cops have no choice with cameras on them especially, but it often feels like kicking someone when they're down. I don't know what the solution is, but locking these addicts up doesn't actually seem to solve the problem for more than a night or two, or until they leave jail.

There have been a few instances where the cops have let people go that had pot.  Except I think it's richland county where they have a zero tolerance policy and can't let it go (at least not on camera)

On 10/19/2017 at 11:17 PM, 00redsvt said:

I'm not sure how true this is, as it was picked up from an online source, but apparently the show is anywhere from 45-60 mins delayed. It wasn't as long of a delay in the earlier episodes but the guy running from the car at an apartment complex with a gun is what supposedly triggered the change in delay time. Also interesting is that Sticks uses his personal vacation days to come in and do the studio segments of the show on the weekends. Can't imagine how long that's going to last. Have I missed Mastrianni or has he been absent for all the new episodes this season? 

I wouldn't be surprised.  I think previously people thought it was maybe a half hour delay.  Which is fine by me, even an hour delay is fine.  I don't want to see something go horribly wrong on live tv.  And they seem to do very well at least keeping the appearance that its live.  Usually the only stuff muted out is personal info like last names and addresses and places of employment. 

On 10/22/2017 at 10:57 AM, Cherrio said:

I find that now I am hyper aware of how I drive, even waiting 3 seconds to change lanes with my signal on.    I have nothing , nor do I do anything to be arrested for, but that "shake" from my many trips to Home Depot for garden supplies could land me in cuffs.

I think most people don't realize that most of these units are in the 'bad' parts of town where they are likely to find something from a minor traffic stop.  That's why they're pulling over cars for stupid shit like not turning into the proper lane.  Because the odds are good they will find drugs or suspended licenses.  You gotta keep the show interesting!

Btw it BLOWS my mind at how many people are driving around with no IDs or licenses. 

And I used to not like Leverette but that guy is damn good at his job.  He might become a little aggressive once he finds out that someone is lying to him... but can sniff out bull shit like no other. 

• Love 3
20 hours ago, gunderda said:

SUPER late - but the officer (was it Danny Brown?) knew the the items were from Dillards ( I believe) and he was very familiar with Dillards policy of attaching sticker tags to actual price tag on the item when it sold and none of those items had those tags. And I think they had security devices on them. 

I know it's only been 3 weeks... but we've only seen Lawrence once and Mastrianni none and that makes me sad :( 

There have been a few instances where the cops have let people go that had pot.  Except I think it's richland county where they have a zero tolerance policy and can't let it go (at least not on camera)

I wouldn't be surprised.  I think previously people thought it was maybe a half hour delay.  Which is fine by me, even an hour delay is fine.  I don't want to see something go horribly wrong on live tv.  And they seem to do very well at least keeping the appearance that its live.  Usually the only stuff muted out is personal info like last names and addresses and places of employment. 

I think most people don't realize that most of these units are in the 'bad' parts of town where they are likely to find something from a minor traffic stop.  That's why they're pulling over cars for stupid shit like not turning into the proper lane.  Because the odds are good they will find drugs or suspended licenses.  You gotta keep the show interesting!

Btw it BLOWS my mind at how many people are driving around with no IDs or licenses. 

And I used to not like Leverette but that guy is damn good at his job.  He might become a little aggressive once he finds out that someone is lying to him... but can sniff out bull shit like no other. 

Mastrianni was on vacation in Europe with his wife.  I'm hoping he will be back this week.  I miss them both.

• Love 1

Where is Chris Mastrianni?  Has not been with Lawrence like he was last season and I miss him.  Speaking of Lawrence why hasn't he been on as much?  I like the new guy who is huge and seems chill.  I DO like Beary cause he pretty!  But I want, no I demand, MORE Kevin Lawrence and Chris Mastrianni!!!  Also I want more at the yellow/blue notel motel!!  I actualy cheer out loud when I see those familiar doors.  My poor shih tzu woke up like WTF???

I have a great idea....one whole with just Richland County!!!

• Love 6