Type keyword(s) to search

On Patrol: Live - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Just now, iluvobx said:

The lawsuit A&E has against Reelz over On Patrol: Live will be very interesting.  They cancelled the show.  Guess they are just really pissed that Reelz has jumped up in the ratings like they have.

Yeah, it seems to me that it's the equivalent of throwing something out & getting upset when someone picks it up & makes use of it. Of course it has the same format & the same people, the production company devised it & tested it before you were involved. You (A&E) dumped it like the hot potato it was at the time & wanted nothing to do with it again so sit the fuck down & shut the fuck up.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

What gets me is, remember that incident in Texas where the man died after being in a choke hold and when the lawsuit was filed and they requested the footage of it.  A&E claimed that they were not responsible as the show is produced and  property of Fish and their intellectual property.  Now they are claiming that they own the intellectual property in the lawsuit.  LoL,  they are wanting it both ways.

Since Dan is a lawyer and a very good one, I am sure he made sure there was no issues.

• Love 5
23 hours ago, iluvobx said:

The lawsuit A&E has against Reelz over On Patrol: Live will be very interesting.  They cancelled the show.  Guess they are just really pissed that Reelz has jumped up in the ratings like they have.

I didn’t know about this!  Now I have to go look it up!  But, yeah, they might as well have a one sentence lawsuit “we’re suing because we want our ratings back”. Idiots. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
On 9/3/2022 at 7:50 AM, VartanFan said:

I didn’t know about this!  Now I have to go look it up!  But, yeah, they might as well have a one sentence lawsuit “we’re suing because we want our ratings back”. Idiots. 

Yes, the same network (A&E) who said they weren't responsible for keeping footage, just the production company was, and they shouldn't be a party to the lawsuit from a couple of year ago.   Now, since Reelz is showing On Patrol: Live, A&E wants to get money from the production company because it's copying their previous show, and I guess want revenue?   I barely watched A&E, and I'm not watching them after this.  

I wonder if since Live PD is gone, if they'll change the topic title to On Patrol Live?   

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 2

What's a bit ironic is that I consider Live PD to have been established on the giant shoulders of Cops. The latter was not live, but the shows are very similar in terms of content.

When the TX incident occurred, I thought I read that A&E claimed they no longer had the footage. At the time, I posted that over in the TV news world, where I once worked, we kept local broadcast footage for a long time, for multiple reasons.

• Like 1

I totally forgot this was back on as On Patrol Live until this weekend, and was so happy to see it all again.  It still blows my mind how many people don't pull over for cops or don't listen when being told what to do.  And the drugs or car or liquor is never theirs, it's someone else's.  One guy ran until he ran out of gas because he didn't have insurance and didn't want to go to jail.  I was thinking, why would you think running would be a good decision?  Do people think they can outrun the cops?  Or they are hoping the chase gets called off due to high speeds, etc.?  

What disturbed me about one call on Saturday was when the cop went to a domestic disturbance call.  When the cop talked to the couple, they both said everything was fine, that her brother just heard their argument while she was talking to him on the phone and he called the cops.  The guy of course was super chatty and saying he would never do that, etc.  While watching it all, I felt like I was watching the Gabby Petito traffic stop all over again.

Three hours later, the cop ends up back at the house because the woman called 911 saying that the man was threatening her with a hammer.  This time the guy was arrested.  While talking to each other, one of the cops said something like, "why didn't she tell us the first time we were here".   I couldn't believe it.  He absolutely should have talked to the man and the woman SEPARATELY to determine what happened.  The chances of an abuse victim saying in front of the abuser what truly happened are rare, I'm sure.  I've seen that happen from a family member who went through it, she denied anything happened in front of her spouse because of fear.  During calls like this, the cops need to separate the couple!!  I hope that the cops in question learn or are told about this at some point.  I can't remember what department it was, maybe Richland?  Am I the only one that caught this?

Edited by KLJ
  • Like 1
  • Love 2

How many applied for the Ride Along next Friday with Danny Brown?

On 9/5/2022 at 3:23 PM, KLJ said:

I totally forgot this was back on as On Patrol Live until this weekend, and was so happy to see it all again.  It still blows my mind how many people don't pull over for cops or don't listen when being told what to do.  And the drugs or car or liquor is never theirs, it's someone else's.  One guy ran until he ran out of gas because he didn't have insurance and didn't want to go to jail.  I was thinking, why would you think running would be a good decision?  Do people think they can outrun the cops?  Or they are hoping the chase gets called off due to high speeds, etc.?  

What disturbed me about one call on Saturday was when the cop went to a domestic disturbance call.  When the cop talked to the couple, they both said everything was fine, that her brother just heard their argument while she was talking to him on the phone and he called the cops.  The guy of course was super chatty and saying he would never do that, etc.  While watching it all, I felt like I was watching the Gabby Petito traffic stop all over again.

Three hours later, the cop ends up back at the house because the woman called 911 saying that the man was threatening her with a hammer.  This time the guy was arrested.  While talking to each other, one of the cops said something like, "why didn't she tell us the first time we were here".   I couldn't believe it.  He absolutely should have talked to the man and the woman SEPARATELY to determine what happened.  The chances of an abuse victim saying in front of the abuser what truly happened are rare, I'm sure.  I've seen that happen from a family member who went through it, she denied anything happened in front of her spouse because of fear.  During calls like this, the cops need to separate the couple!!  I hope that the cops in question learn or are told about this at some point.  I can't remember what department it was, maybe Richland?  Am I the only one that caught this?

That way Nye County.

• Love 2
  • I like how the Toledo cops have partners - one of the cars looked like it had three in it.
  • Addy Perez is a freaking saint and a good cop. Some of the others on this show would have had that moron in cuffs and sitting in his own piss. Officer NotChrisRock is good, too.
  • "Oh, that needle?" WTF.
  • Like 2
  • Love 2

Toledo has three officers per car.   Also, some of the ones they film are actually detectives, not regular patrol officers.    

It certainly was a fast moving episode this week.    The chase with Addy Perez where she was yelling at the camera guy to get in the car, and then get in all of the way and close the door was amazing.      Then, after the officers and camera man saw the perp hop over the fence, did Addy's camera guy hop into Salmond's car (I know I screwed that name up), because he couldn't get to her car fast enough?    Salmond certainly looked startled when the camera man climbed into the front seat of his car. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Toledo has three officers per car.   Also, some of the ones they film are actually detectives, not regular patrol officers.    

It certainly was a fast moving episode this week.    The chase with Addy Perez where she was yelling at the camera guy to get in the car, and then get in all of the way and close the door was amazing.      Then, after the officers and camera man saw the perp hop over the fence, did Addy's camera guy hop into Salmond's car (I know I screwed that name up), because he couldn't get to her car fast enough?    Salmond certainly looked startled when the camera man climbed into the front seat of his car. 

The interesting thing about that chase was when they went over the railroad tracks.  If you are going fast and hit those tracks, your car will get airborne!  We had 2 people killed from those tracks when they were running from the police.  They came up on those tracks running fast, the car went airborne, hit the Waffle House sign and then the Waffle House.  I go over those tracks no more than 15 mph, that is how wicked they are.

• Love 4

Several weeks worth:

• I wonder if the obnoxious drunk woman who drove her car off the road lost her nurse job.
  • The ride along was meh.  I did one in college in the 80s and it was fairly boring.  Lots of "see the man/woman at . . . "  (I didn't get a vest either.)
  • Where is the one black officer in SC from? Her accent is very unique.
  • The worst case of "that's not mine" I've ever seen.
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, Tachi Rocinante said:

Several weeks worth:

• I wonder if the obnoxious drunk woman who drove her car off the road lost her nurse job.
  • The ride along was meh.  I did one in college in the 80s and it was fairly boring.  Lots of "see the man/woman at . . . "  (I didn't get a vest either.)
  • Where is the one black officer in SC from? Her accent is very unique.
  • The worst case of "that's not mine" I've ever seen.

Shayla Luckey (the worst name ever for her),  I hope doesn't do direct patient care.    

I did get a kick out of the Bernalillo cattle herding case, especially when the German Shepherd stuck their head outside the fence barking at the cattle going by.   

• Love 1

I loved the remark he ran into my fist.  Just no words :D

Bye bye Toledo and Hello Spotsylvania County, Va.  I used to live in that part of Va many moons ago and I am excited to see how much the area has grown.

• Love 1

On Saturday's show, just now, in Beech Grove, there was a toddler wandering around with the pistol.    Thank heavens for video cameras, because the parents said they don't have a gun.   The neighbor's  video showed the little kid with a pistol.    Apparently it belongs to a family member.   The police found it, I don't know if it had one in the chamber, but it had a loaded clip in it. 

The replay of the kid with the gun on video is chilling.   The kid's grandmother just showed up, and when the officer told her about the gun and the kid, she didn't seem all that interested.    I hope with the national attention that the CPS people do something. 

(I changed mother to grandmother, I put the wrong relative who didn't care.     Thanks for the corrections).     This will replay this afternoon too, I think it was in the first hour of the show).   Rerun of this episode starts on Reelz at 5 pm Central today (sunday).     

After the initial report, and the searches, and finding the gun, a little later Dan shows the entire clip of the kid with the gun.  

I do not believe the gun belonged to the father's brother or anyone but him.    Either way, welcome to 10 years in the slammer. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 1

I'm watching the episode of the toddler with the gun. Unfuckingbelievable. 

There was not a bullet in the chamber, but the gun was fully loaded. The child was seen pulling the trigger multiple times, even pointing the gun at his own head.

The dad didn't seem concerned and didn't even know the toddler had left the apartment. He was wearing just a diaper and this is in Indiana so you know it was cold.

The woman who showed up was the child's grandmother, who lives in the same apartment complex, the dad's mother. You're right, she wasn't concerned at all.

The dad was charged with a federal offense and DCS was called. The child lives with his mother and was visiting the dad. He has since been returned to his mother.

The gun belongs to the dad's brother, who wasn't home. It looks like the dad may be guilty of hiding the gun, or at the very least, concealing it, because it was in a desk and placed where the child couldn't reach.

Scary, scary situation. Could have been a major tragedy.

• Like 5
1 hour ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

On Saturday's show, just now, in Beech Grove, there was a toddler wandering around with the pistol.    Thank heavens for video cameras, because the parents said they don't have a gun.   The neighbor's  video showed the little kid with a pistol.    Apparently it belongs to a family member.   The police found it, I don't know if it had one in the chamber, but it had a loaded clip in it. 

The replay of the kid with the gun on video is chilling.   The kid's so-called mother just showed up, and when the officer told her about the gun and her kid, she didn't seem all that interested.    I hope with the national attention that the CPS people do something. 

I didn't see the mom, just saw the grandma (the asshole father's mom) making excuses for him. That baby was totally unsupervised while his piece of shit father slept, the guy didn't even wake up until there were two officers in his apartment. Then, claimed he didn't have a gun, there was no gun in the apartment and said some 'friend' of his had a gun that he brought over before. Amazingly, the gun was neatly put in the desk and the desktop was pulled down when they came back after watching the video. If that woman didn't share her ring doorbell footage, they would have never gone back in there and found the gun. The video footage chilled me to my core. I hope they update as the weeks progress and that he's never allowed to be responsible for that baby's safety again.

Edited by lovesnark
  • Like 1
  • Useful 1

I'm watching it again, this time with the captions on. The first time they went into the apartment, the female officer tells him he needs to do a better job locking his door as they're leaving. I made sure to look at the desk and the top was rolled up. After the neighbor shows them the video and they go back, the top was rolled down on the desk and the lying shitstain of a father doubled down on saying that there was no gun in the house five minutes after he'd put it in the desk and closed the top. When the officers tell him they have video of the child waving the gun around, he first says his cousin stays there sometimes and he has a gun, then his story changes to its his brother that stays there sometimes and has a handgun, but he's not comfortable going through someone else's things. The officers tell him they don't care about that and that they'll stay until they find it. When two officers are outside the apartment talking, they both say they believe its his gun and he's lying to them.

I really hope having all of this on video can be used to nail him to the wall.

ETA - Captions were so helpful here! When the officer is talking to his mother in the parking lot, she says that this is the best he's been doing since his felonies  and he finally had a job and got his first apartment all by himself. As a rule, felons can't be in possession of firearms, so there's another charge to add on!

Edited by lovesnark
  • Like 1
  • Applause 4

Yes, my understanding is even being in the same apartment with someone else's gun is a violation, but I'm sure it's the so-called father's gun.    He's going bye-bye for a long time, and I hope the kid's mother is better at raising kids. 

I watched the rerun this evening.    Dan said the first part showed the roll top desk top up, but that wasn't the first visit, because the father was wearing pajama bottoms, and I don't think he was on the first visit.    There is no way that kid could put the gun that far back on the desk, and pull down the roll top.      It will be interesting to find out where the gun came from originally.     

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Like 1
  • Applause 1

This was the most disturbing video I have seen on OPL and there have been a lot of disturbing videos.

So much to unpack about how this child was neglected:

Wearing only a diaper in very cold weather

Dad sleeping and totally unaware the child was not in apartment

Waving a loaded gun around

Father was a lying sack of shit as lovesnark outlined above. Even said he had no relatives in the area but his mother lived in same complex.

Disappointed in how the police originally handled the situation. After they found the gun they seemed way too nice. I don't know the laws there but the first search was not thorough at all. Thank God for the neighbors video.

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
7 hours ago, MsMalin said:

This was the most disturbing video I have seen on OPL and there have been a lot of disturbing videos.

So much to unpack about how this child was neglected:

Wearing only a diaper in very cold weather

Dad sleeping and totally unaware the child was not in apartment

Waving a loaded gun around

Father was a lying sack of shit as lovesnark outlined above. Even said he had no relatives in the area but his mother lived in same complex.

Disappointed in how the police originally handled the situation. After they found the gun they seemed way too nice. I don't know the laws there but the first search was not thorough at all. Thank God for the neighbors video.

I agree they were way to nice the first time they went in. But, they did as much as they could from a legal standpoint as far as taking his word that there was no gun in the house. On my  second watch, I noticed one officer did say as they were leaving the first time that DCF would be contacted about the kid being outside while the parent slept.  Once they had the video, I suspect they acted the way they did because they were hoping he'd incriminate himself (and he did) and they were also waiting to hear back from the prosecutor's office to determine how to handle it. I'm also sure they didn't want to escalate the situation because they didn't know if he had other weapons stashed in the apartment. 

• Useful 2
19 hours ago, lovesnark said:

ETA - Captions were so helpful here! When the officer is talking to his mother in the parking lot, she says that this is the best he's been doing since his felonies  and he finally had a job and got his first apartment all by himself. As a rule, felons can't be in possession of firearms, so there's another charge to add on!

Yep!  Didn’t she also say that the dad lost his older kid to DCFS or something and that he’s doing the best he can?!  No wonder he’s such a great dad with that kind of parenting!  And FFS, how is this asshole still finding women who will procreate with him. Hope he rots in jail for a LONG LONG time. If he’s too sick to watch his child, can’t he ask his horrible mother to watch her grandchild?  

I think it took longer to arrest him because they had to make sure the the child was in a safe environment to avoid arresting him with his son looking on.

Edited by KLJ
  • Like 3
On 1/15/2023 at 12:34 AM, lovesnark said:

I'm watching it again, this time with the captions on. The first time they went into the apartment, the female officer tells him he needs to do a better job locking his door as they're leaving. I made sure to look at the desk and the top was rolled up. After the neighbor shows them the video and they go back, the top was rolled down on the desk and the lying shitstain of a father doubled down on saying that there was no gun in the house five minutes after he'd put it in the desk and closed the top. When the officers tell him they have video of the child waving the gun around, he first says his cousin stays there sometimes and he has a gun, then his story changes to its his brother that stays there sometimes and has a handgun, but he's not comfortable going through someone else's things. The officers tell him they don't care about that and that they'll stay until they find it. When two officers are outside the apartment talking, they both say they believe its his gun and he's lying to them.

I really hope having all of this on video can be used to nail him to the wall.

The way he was acting, that gun belonged to him and not his brother.  Either way, he cannot be in possession of firearm being a convicted felon.  The penalty for the child endangerment will be nothing compared to the federal prison time for the gun.

• Like 2
16 hours ago, KLJ said:

Yep!  Didn’t she also say that the dad lost his older kid to DCFS or something and that he’s doing the best he can?!  No wonder he’s such a great dad with that kind of parenting!  And FFS, how is this asshole still finding women who will procreate with him. Hope he rots in jail for a LONG LONG time. If he’s too sick to watch his child, can’t he ask his horrible mother to watch her grandchild?  

I think it took longer to arrest him because they had to make sure the the child was in a safe environment to avoid arresting him with his son looking on.

The grandmother said she adopted an older grandchild out of DCFS, about six years ago,  but didn't say it was her son with the gun's kid.         

Last night's long chase scene was exciting! I would have been terrified had I been the cameraperson in the back scene. Did anyone else notice that the police officer didn't put his seat belt on until the chase was nearly over? That scared me too. Obviously, I'm a scaredy cat.

• Like 1
40 minutes ago, cocobeans said:

Cpl. Fitzsimmons last night on the bridge with the young man! ♥️

Damned onion-cutting ninjas in my living room again. 

Anybody else keep track of how many of these incidents are alcohol related? 

• Like 1

I can't believe no one's commenting on the lady with no teeth - she started out just being a normal crazy person and then turned into something spectacular. "Hickory, Dickory Dock...."

• LOL 4

They have tons of other similar drug busts to get their routine down.   I suspect that Sheriff Taylor was only telling the tow driver about the car following, and where to drop the car off for the cameras, because they do this constantly.    This bust was 148 lbs., last Sunday's was 97 lbs.   Bosco really earns his kibble sniffing cars.    They just served over 20 warrants with other jursidictions helping, almost all were for drugs.     The I-40 corridor is a major drug conduit.    

My guess is the driver will get a tremendously high bail, and will be charged by the feds also.    This definitely wasn't her first rodeo.   

• Like 3

From other reports, it's not illegal, and the woman is a well-known character in the area.  

I think it was Daytona Beach from the screen shots.  I'm in temporary housing for a while, and we don't have Reelz and OP Live on my cable lineup.   

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Like 1
  • Useful 1
8 hours ago, anniebird said:

I’ve seen a lot of things on OPL but this is the first time I’ve seen a middle-aged woman walking down a city street at 9 o’clock on a Saturday night completely naked. 

5 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

From other reports, it's not illegal, and the woman is a well-known character in the area.  

Daytona Beach?  Wilkes-Barre?   Dang, I knew I should have checked in last night.

ETA: Thanks, CIA!

Edited by Miss Anne Thrope
Question answered.
  • LOL 1