Type keyword(s) to search

On Patrol: Live - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I don't remember what county, a guy was stopped for marijuana. He was upset because now he was going to lose his weed and he just purchased it with his stimulus money. Wow, I'm doing things like paying bills and buying food with mine. 

I've got to stop watching this show. It seems like everyone they stop has weed and/or a warrant. It's depressing. I have to remind myself that they put the weed and warrant stops on tv.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Had to laugh a bit, the point where they were trying to get the kid to fix the stop sign he knocked over, right behind him, the car did a California stop (a rolling stop, and that's if you're generous. Don't think I even saw any brake lights. 😛 )

I know we're different countries, but considering how closely linked Canada and the US are, I'm a little disappointed that LivePD didn't mention the Nova Scotia shooting that happened this week. A shooting that killed an RCMP Constable.  

• Love 1

The pursuit in Baton Rouge that opened tonight was crazy. I wish they would have arrested the child's mother along with the guy for letting her kid run around in the back seat. Also, that K9 has to be either really new and still needs a whole lot of training, or it's time for it to become someone's pet. The officers on foot got to the guy before the dog. The dog actually went the other direction and didn't seem interested in the whole deal at all.

• Love 1
On 4/28/2020 at 4:43 PM, greyflannel said:

Do not like the officers in Baton Rouge. They seem like total jerks.

My DVR was messed up and didn't pick up the Friday episode. I'm watching the episode from earlier now and agree with you that they seem like jerks.. I know the guy at the start of Sat. show put people in danger but the East Baton Rouge Sheriffs Deputies were really rough with the guy while they padded him down. To the point that I was uncomfortable watching. I don't know if they think they're behaving well for the cameras and are worse when they aren't around or just don't give a damn how they come across in general.

I appreciated the focus the cameraperson put on the horse riders when the other EBR guys were dealing with the drug dealer/user with a kid in the car. The two Deputies in this situation didn't seem as bad as the two described at the beginning of my post.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Jaded said:

My DVR was messed up and didn't pick up the Friday episode. I'm watching the episode from earlier now and agree with you that they seem like jerks.. I know the guy at the start of Sat. show put people in danger but the East Baton Rouge Sheriffs Deputies were really rough with the guy while they padded him down. To the point that I was uncomfortable watching. I don't know if they think they're behaving well for the cameras and are worse when they aren't around or just don't give a damn how they come across in general.

I appreciated the focus the cameraperson put on the horse riders when the other EBR guys were dealing with the drug dealer/user with a kid in the car. The two Deputies in this situation didn't seem as bad as the two described at the beginning of my post.

Did they ever say what the horse riders were doing there? I watched the whole episode except for five minutes when going upstairs. Unless they mentioned it during that time because they didn't the rest of the episode. They mentioned the horses and I thought at one point it looked like one of the officers had been talking to a couple people from the house but that was it. 

I don't know if that dog messed up or his handler. The dog went in a different direction. But then when the guy was down and cuffed. You see the dog suddenly moving towards him before stopped. Why didn't the officer have a better handle on the leash? Usually their holding on tight because the dog is still ready to attack. But that officer didn't.

(edited)

I felt bad for the dog stuck in that little crate in the back of the SUV. Usually they have more room. Poor thing probably just wanted to stretch its legs & didn't care where he went. He was also more interested in the horses than the other guy they were searching (so was I).

A guy who drove like that with an unrestrained kid in the back doesn't deserve to be treated nicely. I didn't really think they were rough. I get annoyed when they buddy up to these people endangering not only themselves but everyone else on the road by joking around, offering cigs etc., which they sometimes do - just no.

That said I was surprised they even engaged in a chase like that given they knew from the jump there was an unrestrained kid in the car.

I like this LA group better than the last one. They were kind of thug-like. I recall the one cop  kicking down a naked guy, & another one basically groping a dude during a search - they were awful.

Edited by gonecrackers
  • Love 1
On 5/3/2020 at 3:34 AM, Jaded said:

I know the guy at the start of Sat. show put people in danger but the East Baton Rouge Sheriffs Deputies were really rough with the guy while they padded him down.

Nope. He gets zero sympathy. If anything, they should have just dragged him along the ground when he was whining and pretending to fall over. That driver is human garbage. He ran with a unrestrained kid in the back, then after crashing the car he foot-bailed out, leaving his own child in the car without even checking if he was OK, oh and the reason that he ran in the first place is he's an unregistered sex offender.

That guy can fuck himself. He deserves to be treated like the trash he is.

• Love 9
33 minutes ago, Cotypubby said:

Nope. He gets zero sympathy. If anything, they should have just dragged him along the ground when he was whining and pretending to fall over. That driver is human garbage. He ran with a unrestrained kid in the back, then after crashing the car he foot-bailed out, leaving his own child in the car without even checking if he was OK, oh and the reason that he ran in the first place is he's an unregistered sex offender.

That guy can fuck himself. He deserves to be treated like the trash he is.

He was? Oh I missed that part! What a horrible piece of trash.

• Love 2

Yeah she didn't seem all that pleased to be collecting Rosie like that. When she got the dog and went to the tailgate, my jaw dropped (and I suspect most of LivePDNation had a similar reaction). Even the cop seemed a bit surprised and was trying to figure out how to handle that. His hands were probably as tied as Rosie's leash was. Hopefully she isn't too aggressive a drive and doesn't have far to go. 😞

At least we're back to 3 hour eps now. It may be too soon but I suspect we'll probably have the studio back within a month or so.

By the way, [url=https://deadline.com/2020/05/ae-live-pd-jeff-foxworthy-wwe-1202927837/]A&E has renewed LivePD[/url] for another 160 episodes. They'll hit 300 eps this summer. No word on the rest of the live shows, but most are probably going to be renewed ultimately. (LiveRescue is probably the most on the bubble and will probably stay gone till the fall)

• Love 2

Tonight they showed a dog being rescued from the storm drain. The police officers took the dog to a veterinarian hospital. Does anyone know how the dog is doing? I didn't get to hear if the dog will be okay. It  was so skinny and weak, didn't have the strength to eat a treat or drink water. He laid down and didn't get up. Did anyone else see this? It's just heartbreaking. 

8 hours ago, TexasTiffany said:

Tonight they showed a dog being rescued from the storm drain. The police officers took the dog to a veterinarian hospital. Does anyone know how the dog is doing? I didn't get to hear if the dog will be okay. It  was so skinny and weak, didn't have the strength to eat a treat or drink water. He laid down and didn't get up. Did anyone else see this? It's just heartbreaking. 

My hubby said the dog was chipped so they found the owner.   He also said the cops said they would pay for the vet.  Maybe the live pd Facebook page will have an update  

• Love 5
2 hours ago, howiveaddict said:

My hubby said the dog was chipped so they found the owner.   He also said the cops said they would pay for the vet.  Maybe the live pd Facebook page will have an update  

According to Facebook, the dog's name is Maxine and she is home and  resting comfortably. Great news!!

• Love 10
(edited)
5 hours ago, Schnickelfritz said:

According to Facebook, the dog's name is Maxine and she is home and  resting comfortably. Great news!!

That's great! I was so worried.

Edited by andromeda331
  • Love 1

Thanks for the info. The dog's name is Maxine. She is 17 and deaf. She's home, resting, stopped shaking. Richland County is picking up the vet bill. Next time I'll know to seek out their FB page. I was worried all night. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, slasherboy said:

Why did it say Flatulence Deployed at the bottom of the screen?

Are you watching with captions on, because that made me laugh a bit too hard.

The person doing captions: saying fart is too common, I'll say Flatulence Deployment. Made me so happy.

Edited by nokat
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
(edited)

UPDATE on MAXINE:

According to the owner at the news conference today at Richland Country Sheriff's Office, Maxine passed away last night.  She said that the stress of the past couple of days was too much for her to overcome.

Sheriff Lott recognized all those involved in Maxine's rescue at the press conference and even stated that before RCSD could pay the vet bill, someone else had paid it in full.

You can see the new conference on Richland County Sheriff's Dept FB page.   https://www.facebook.com/RichlandCountySheriffsDepartment/

Edited by iluvobx
link added

Sad to hear that; but from the sounds of it, Maxine wasn't in the best of shape to begin with. 

Thankfully, her last days were among her loving family, and not alone in a storm drain as what was about to happen without the rescue.

• Love 6
13 hours ago, One4Sorrow2TooBad said:

Poor thing, I felt like she was in shock from all the stress and never recovered. Wonder how she ended up falling into a storm drain? 

The owner believed that she sat down near the drainage and her backside slide down into it.  She was only a block or so from home.  The openings are actual bigger than they appear and she was skinny enough to slide down into it.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, iluvobx said:

The owner believed that she sat down near the drainage and her backside slide down into it.  She was only a block or so from home.  The openings are actual bigger than they appear and she was skinny enough to slide down into it.

Did they say how she got away? Was she reported missing? Sad story but glad she didn't die in that drain.

• Love 1
19 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

Did they say how she got away? Was she reported missing? Sad story but glad she didn't die in that drain.

She was let out in the backyard to go potty, they aren't sure how she got out.  She was reported missing on Facebook lost pets in Columbia, SC and the owner drove around all day looking for her.  Maxine was not a neglected dog but one that was well loved, very old and sick.  The owner was very desperate to find Maxine that day.  I am glad she didn't die in that drain either but I wonder if Maxine left to go find a spot to die.  A lot of dogs will go hide away from their owners when it is time.  Maybe that is what Maxine was doing and just wound up in the ditch by accident.  At least she died at home, clean, fed and with the one who loved her.

• Love 4
(edited)
3 hours ago, iluvobx said:

She was let out in the backyard to go potty, they aren't sure how she got out.  She was reported missing on Facebook lost pets in Columbia, SC and the owner drove around all day looking for her.  Maxine was not a neglected dog but one that was well loved, very old and sick.  The owner was very desperate to find Maxine that day.  I am glad she didn't die in that drain either but I wonder if Maxine left to go find a spot to die.  A lot of dogs will go hide away from their owners when it is time.  Maybe that is what Maxine was doing and just wound up in the ditch by accident.  At least she died at home, clean, fed and with the one who loved her.

Never intended to sound like she may have been neglected. I'm sorry for what they all went through & glad she was at least found & not alone at the end.

ETA: thanks for more info

Edited by gonecrackers
  • Love 2
21 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

Never intended to sound like she may have been neglected. I'm sorry for what they all went through & glad she was at least found & not alone at the end.

ETA: thanks for more info

You're welcome and did not mean to imply that you thought she was neglected.  Some people did, so that was for them.

I live in Richland County and I really love the Sheriff's Dept.  Sheriff Lott has really grown the department into a top notch department with caring deputies.  Truth is, what you see on tv is our department, the good and the bad.

• Love 4
22 hours ago, iluvobx said:

You're welcome and did not mean to imply that you thought she was neglected.  Some people did, so that was for them.

I live in Richland County and I really love the Sheriff's Dept.  Sheriff Lott has really grown the department into a top notch department with caring deputies.  Truth is, what you see on tv is our department, the good and the bad.

Have you met weed sniffer/bad guy chaser extraordinaire, Danny Brown? 🙂

I think the Obama convenience store, and Palmetto Inn refused to be shown on TV any longer.   I think they need permission to film on private property.  

They just showed the Live PD: Police Patrol with the Husky tied to the fence behind the vacated house, and it was so heartwarming to see the officer (Lawrence, IN) and his wife adopted the dog.  

• Love 1

That was a rough chase last night in Baton Rouge. Bad timing for a chase too, with that big accident that also happened at the same time it seemed (rollover with a Semi I think I heard). 

It did clearly show the value of having 2 officers per vehicle, especially in the chases. Both for safety and to keep at least one sane head involved. You could sense his frustration for losing the car, but the other guy was there ready to calm him down. 

• Love 4

I think the Obama convenience store, and Palmetto Inn refused to be shown on TV any longer.   I think they need permission to film on private property.

Crazy timing - it was in the background last night with the guy with the gun in his sweatpants.  

Also - the West Baton Rouge office with glasses is in serious need of a vacation, a hug, or a Xanax - or all 3.  He goes off in an instant - it actually made me laugh when he was like 'don't even look at me!  you lied to me!' - like an emotional 14 year old girl.  

• Love 3
(edited)

The new department/ officers from Baton Rouge are quickly becoming unwatchable to me. Why are they so damn Aggressive with people?... especially the officer that wears glasses that rides with the other officer that has a man bun.  I don’t know if he’s playing it up for the cameras,but he had the nerve to yell at a guy “ DON’T YOU EVER LOOK AT ME, OR IN MY DIRECTION EVER AGAIN”  I have a huge sense of respect for anyone in law enforcement, and appreciate the sacrifice they make daily.  But who the fuck does he think he is?  He needs to get over himself. 

The show was created in the beginning to showcase That there are genuine caring officers out there, and what officers deal with daily, their positive interactions with the public. But these guys really destroy the whole message the show is trying to make. These Guys need to get some training from the Richland officers.

Edited by Hellohappylife
  • Love 7

That New Orleans officer does need a vacation, and I need a break from him, too.  He’s SOOOOO sarcastic all the time, and has basically had it with everyone’s shit before he even speaks to them.  I didn’t like the way he treated the people walking from the convenience store back to their motel. He actually said  flat out that they don’t have the right to a courteous interaction with the police, but I disagree. They were never discourteous to him and he was a jerk from the second he stopped them from walking and minding their own damn business.  

I don’t know if he thinks he’s funny and clever, or if he’s acting out for the cameras like a kid would, but he needs to dial himself down several notches. 

• Love 4
(edited)

I expressed my thoughts on the West Baton Rouge officers making me really uncomfortable with their behavior towards people on camera a couple weeks ago. I got some push back then because the person they were arresting had a disgusting criminal history. I think one other person kind of agreed with me in regards to the way they were acting. Kind of relieved that others are seeing them and thinking the same things. I also said if they behave this way with the cameras on one has to wonder what they are like without them. 

Glasses and man bun act like they think they are on some kind of cop show like Chicago PD where that's normal behavior on every episode.

Edited by Jaded
  • Love 3
(edited)

WBR don't seem to be like that with everyone. Dan was discussing with Sticks how the officers know many of these folks they're dealing with, hence not playing nice so much. I still like them.

I guess the skating crowd in OK didn't get the stay-at-home memo. No issues with the crowd size, lack of masks, etc... wtf.

ETA: I realize it varies by state but thought large crowds were generally being discouraged & masks encouraged.

Edited by gonecrackers

I’m not a health and safety inspector in anyway, but that Skating rink had to be breaking some kind of maximum occupancy code with all over those people in such a small building.... even if there wasn’t a Global Pandemic going on,

• Love 1
On 5/22/2020 at 10:59 AM, gonecrackers said:

Have you met weed sniffer/bad guy chaser extraordinaire, Danny Brown? 🙂

I have not :)  We live in the same section of town but I know where I should be at certain times of the evening 😉

Many moons (and I mean many) before MR came along, I dated a deputy and knew Leon. Leon is now the Sheriff.  But I do promise, if I was to see them and LivePD crew, I would be the idiot hanging out the window yelling and blowing kisses :)

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

I suspect the LivePD people are thanking their lucky stars that they were already on a break this weekend. The current situation is a no-win situation for a pro-police show like this; and would be very difficult to spin appropriately in a live situation. I don't know how many LivePD departments have riots going on, but I doubt they would want camera crews going on (especially with all the press-attacks happening). 

Unless things calm down a lot this week, I'm wondering if they'll end up cancelling this coming weekend's shows as well, just to give more time for things to settle. Maybe they could fire the show with some of the quieter departments in places without riots. 

• Love 2

I suspect the LivePD people are thanking their lucky stars that they were already on a break this weekend. The current situation is a no-win situation for a pro-police show like this; and would be very difficult to spin appropriately in a live situation. 

I was talking to my sister about this. I think the showrunners and A&E are totally bummed.  Maybe I watched too much unReal, but I think they'd be rubbing their hands in glee over the ratings.

I do think it would have been awful for the departments and the hosts, however. 

• Love 1