Type keyword(s) to search

On Patrol: Live - General Discussion

• Start Topic

On 6/9/2020 at 9:51 PM, One4Sorrow2TooBad said:

Coulda,should, woulda,  perhaps if the perp had been cooperative and pulled over without starting a chase, then cooperated by following the orders of the officer, he wouldn't have been tazed. I honestly think most people who get pulled over start their own shitshow by thinking they are above the law. Quit driving around without a license or insurance, make sure all your lights work, use your freaking turn signals and don't speed. Plus don't drive around stoned or drunk or carrying illegal contraband. 

And, for the love of God, don't drive if you're Black!

• Love 1
18 hours ago, Taeolas said:

Well it's not LivePD, but it looks like CourtCam survived the Live purge. A&E is advertising new episodes starting in a few weeks now. I wonder when they filmed Dan's voice overs for it.

I'm still missing the main show. Crave On Demand here in Canada has eps of LivePD and LivePD Rewind available so I've had them on for a bit at least. I suspect that will only be for a few more months at best. 

You're lucky, Comcast On Demand in the US got rid of them.

Considering the Live shows were about 50% of their airtime (or so it seemed), that's not surprising. 

Still, we're probably months, if not a year away before any form of LivePD and its spinoffs can return in any form. CourtCam is separate enough to get by; but LivePD, LivePD Wanted, and PDCam are too tied to policing to politically return any time soon. 

Live Rescue went off the air because COVID basically made things too dangerous/difficult to follow paramedics live. Considering the situation in the states, I'm a bit surprised they can return, even with proper time delays and separation. But A&E is probably desperate for the content and to try and keep the Live brand active, so returning Live Rescue will help fill a big hole for now.

BTW, Live PD and its spinoffs have finally disappeared off of Crave's On Demand services in my area. 😞 They do still have Live Rescue, and the Rescue Live show (Live Rescue without the hosted segments)

• Love 2

Sorry to say but Good Riddance!  I was intrigued at first but soon grew tired of the arrogant attitudes of some of the officers.  Primarily I disliked "Sticks" with a red hot passion.  Him and his little tight tee shirts and smug expressions.  I do enjoy Live Rescue especially since they have Dan Flynn from the New Orleans Nightwatch show as a cast member.  I wish they would invite Holly from the same show to join them.  There is a new reality show coming soon, Emergency Call, about 911 operators and some of the calls they deal with.  MIght be interesting.

• Love 1
35 minutes ago, etexlady said:

There is a new reality show coming soon, Emergency Call, about 911 operators and some of the calls they deal with.  MIght be interesting.

A&E had a show called Panic 9-1-1 back in 2012. The episodes are on their Youtube page. I really liked it even though it stressed me out. They'd play the calls in real time and tell you how far out the police were. 

Production seems complicit in deleting the footage. Surely their attorneys would have preferred they preserve it, unless they were determined to protect law enforcement. When I was a reporter, we would never have deleted this kind of thing.

Lt. Curtis Wilson from Richland County Sheriff's Dept will be one of the co-host.  He was one of the RCSD deputies featured that night with the drunk guys that threw the beer can and almost hit Mastrianna.  The guys were so excited to see Lt. Wilson.  Lt Wilson is well known in South Carolina from the various jobs he also does.

I am so excited that it is coming back.  

• Love 4
(edited)

Here's the annoucement on Reelz.

"Hosting and executive producing ON PATROL: LIVE is Dan Abrams, CEO and Founder of Abrams Media, host of Dan Abrams Live on NewsNation, Chief Legal Analyst for ABC News, and former host of Live PD. Joining Abrams is Sgt. Sean “Sticks” Larkin, retired Tulsa Police Department lieutenant with nearly 25 years of service, and Deputy Sheriff Curtis Wilson, Division Commander with the Richland County Sheriff’s Department in Columbia, SC."

Notice Sgt Larkin is listed as retired Lt., somebody needs some proofreadinor to fix the listing saying he's a sergeant. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 3

Anyone heard of any Canadian options for viewing this yet? I don't think Reelz is directly available up here; but maybe Bell's got it rolled in with the Crave TV package or something? 

• Love 1

I know that Wilson is a Lt with RCSD.  Has been for a few years.  Same as Lt. Danny Brown. 

As for Canada, I haven't heard anything except that Reelz is not available in Canada.  Maybe it will be on YouTube or some other streaming service.

• Love 1
(edited)
10 hours ago, iluvobx said:

He was one of the RCSD deputies featured that night with the drunk guys that threw the beer can and almost hit Mastrianna. 

I am so disappointed that Kevin Lawrence won't be one of the commentators. He was my all-time favorite. He was Mastrianna's partner the night they pulled over the two drunk brothers who were "lookin' for a shorty." A reality TV classic.

When Lt. Wilson showed up to the scene, Lawrence called him a legend.

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Love 6
8 hours ago, pasdetrois said:

I am so disappointed that Kevin Lawrence won't be one of the commentators. He was my all-time favorite. He was Mastrianna's partner the night they pulled over the two drunk brothers who were "lookin' for a shorty." A reality TV classic.

Mine too.

• Love 3
17 hours ago, pasdetrois said:

If you google Curtis Wilson, you will see why he was called that.  He does the local morning news show, runs the "games, chants, etc" at University of South Carolina Gamecocks games, highly involved with the communities and the youth of the state.  Not to mention he used to be the "big" DJ at the Big DM radio station.  

I miss Kevin Lawrence also but he seems to be very happy working in Aiken County.

• Applause 1
  • Love 4
On 6/10/2022 at 9:50 AM, Taeolas said:

Anyone heard of any Canadian options for viewing this yet? I don't think Reelz is directly available up here; but maybe Bell's got it rolled in with the Crave TV package or something? 

I would subscribe to that show. I loved Live PD

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, MsMalin said:

It did come on eventually and the entire show was aired with zero commercials.  There were some pretty good stories. So happy its back.

Me too. I've missed this show so much!

• Love 2
(edited)
11 hours ago, Taeolas said:

Sadly, I can't find it on my TV guide in Canada, so Canucks are SOL for now it seems. :( 

https://www.howtowatch.ca/streaming-tv/how-to-watch-on-patrol-live-in-canada/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=how-to-watch-on-patrol-live-in-canada

You can get it through steaming services in Canada, since Reelz is U.S. broadcast only. 

There's also #OPLIVE and I think a website too, and some streaming services. 

https://tvshowsace.com/2022/07/23/on-patrol-live-ways-to-watch-without-reelz/

They have a facebook page, that's an open group too:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/207593763141526/    The page is called Live-PD community-On Patrol Live

For anyone who does have Reelz access, they're rerunning the Friday episode now.  The Crime of the Week is amazing.   SOme woman in Warner-Robbins, GA smashed into at least five police cars, hit a few people, and finally was dragged out of her car, while claiming she didn't do anything.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 4

I’ve so missed the K9s. 
Officer: “Come out with your hands up or you’re going to get dog-bit.”

Me: Please don’t come out with your hands up.

And that crime of the week was wild!  Loved the civilian woman tearing into her.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
(edited)

I love a good puppy chewing on some fool too.  

I love the ones that refuse to give up after the warning the K-9 is being let loose, the dog nails them, and they start shrieking and whining about it being painful.  

That woman on Crime of the Week was fascinating.    Here's the Warner Robins newspaper article about it.  They get the number of police cars she hit wrong, She hit at least 5 that I saw, and probably more, plus pedestrians,   She did all of this with a 2-year-old child in the car.   It all started when citizens saw her driving erratically, and boxed her car in, then the police arrived. 

https://hhjonline.com/byron-chase-leads-to-arrest-of-hoco-woman-p17973-95.htm

https://www.41nbc.com/video-byron-police-chase-involving-reckless-driver-with-small-child-in-car/  Here's the link to her mugshot, and the video is in the article also.

It's like Dan said last night, Nye is one of the two largest counties in the U.S.   So, lots of driving through empty spaces.   Remember the heart breaking one on Live PD, where the married couple and their nanny were holding the man's brother and mother captive for their disability checks, until one of them escaped and got to a neighbor's house to call for help?  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 4

I had also forgotten how I’d mostly ffwd through the Nye segments - I just find them too depressing.  The desert - the heat - the poverty.  Though I am impressed by how non-sweaty those sheriffs are most of the time.  

• Love 2
21 hours ago, VartanFan said:

I’ve so missed the K9s. 
Officer: “Come out with your hands up or you’re going to get dog-bit.”

Me: Please don’t come out with your hands up.

LOL, I thought I was the only one!

• Love 4
(edited)

Wow, that Crime of the Week was brutal. 

I hope the douchebag on the bike lost his license for 2 years.  They pulled you over for a valid reason.. "You got a problem with bikers?"  "Just ones with expired tags who hide their plates, jackass."

That Cadillac SUV looked like it was spray painted after it was totaled and burned.

Edited by Tachi Rocinante
  • Love 4
14 hours ago, VartanFan said:

I’m liking Curtis.  He helps keep Sticks and Dan from going full 12 year olds for an entire 3 hours.  

Curtis is very likeable.  He is also very active within the community.  He is a morning news anchor for the local ABC station, he does University of South Carolina men's & women's basketball time outs and halftime things and also for the baseball team.  He can also be seen at the Gamecock's football games.  He is also very active with the youth in the state.  He has a great smile too.

• Love 5

Wow, Addy showed some serious restraint. That dude wasn't some innocent fellow who was pulled over by chance.

Just. fucking. comply. Don't jump out of your vehicle and walk toward the cops with an attitude. Especially when you damn well know why they pulled you over.

And kudos to Garo Brown, too. I'm surprised that guy didn't have broken bones from Garo just leaning on him.

• Love 4

THe deputy Sarah Merriman, of Richland County,  who was hit by an escaping suspect, is out of the hospital, and home recovering.     

They mentioned the passing of K-9 Lor last weekend.   There's a new hour preview, with updates to some cases from the previous week, an hour before the show starts (7-8 pm Central).    

• Love 4

Holy crap. First Deputy Merryman gets hit and I'm glad is out of the hospital and recovering. 

Then tonight the altercation at the wedding. Holy crap. Carli has been my favorite week after week and the way she handled the whole situation very well. Then the Tahoe running into the apartment building. 

• Mind Blown 2
  • Love 3

I couldn't believe the man was beating that woman right in front of the officer, and on camera.   The victim wasn't upset about him beating her, just him getting tazed to get him to stop assaulting her.   

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 3
On 8/13/2022 at 10:32 PM, CrazyInAlabama said:

I couldn't believe the man was beating that woman right in front of the officer, and on camera.   The victim wasn't upset about him beating her, just him getting tazed to get him to stop assaulting her.   

What really got me was how that woman started blaming Cpl. Drayton.  IMO, he must beat her a lot for her to react the way she did, like it was no big deal.

Big kudos to Cpl. Drayton for how she handled that situation by herself and afterwards.  She and Capt. Brown are my favorites.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, iluvobx said:

What really got me was how that woman started blaming Cpl. Drayton.  IMO, he must beat her a lot for her to react the way she did, like it was no big deal.

Big kudos to Cpl. Drayton for how she handled that situation by herself and afterwards.  She and Capt. Brown are my favorites.

On the FB page for OP Live, they have the booking photos of the man beating her, and the victim.   Both had warrants out, including the 'victim'.    There's a reason she didn't want to stay and do a report, but just wanted to get away. 

299472903_115407327934445_78052660147806

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Useful 2
On 8/13/2022 at 7:32 PM, CrazyInAlabama said:

In my younger days I stopped a guy from beating up his girlfriend and while I was grappling with him she smacked me in the back of the head with one of her high heels, and yes it fucking hurt so this comes as no surprise to me.

• Love 5
7 hours ago, Welshman in Ca said:

In my younger days I stopped a guy from beating up his girlfriend and while I was grappling with him she smacked me in the back of the head with one of her high heels, and yes it fucking hurt so this comes as no surprise to me.

Exactly.  Many years ago I worked (not as an officer)  for a small police department in a town where very little happens; and the cops would say how much they dreaded getting a domestic call exactly for the scenario you mention.  The call could go from "help -- that $*&% is killing me" to "hey, what the eff are you doing to my (whatever the relationship)" like the flip of a light switch and quickly become a very dangerous situation for the responding officer.  (Even if both parties don't have outstanding warrants.)

• Love 6