Type keyword(s) to search

On Patrol: Live - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I loved the part with the two officers helping the dog who was chained to the fence and how attached the one got to the dog. Starting with thinking of adopting him, needing to talk to his wife, then needing to convince his wife, and then deciding to adopt the dog. The dog was so adorable. 

• Love 7

This show has not been the same since the K-Law/Mastrianni days, although I'm glad they received promotions. I still have on my DVR the old episode where they stopped the two older brothers who were out for a birthday celebration and the stop turned into an extended comedy. "I'll be honest - we were out lookin' for a shorty." I do enjoy the rare Danny Brown sightings.

Agree with an earlier post about Ashleigh Banfield's personality change. She was a serious, hard-charging journalist back in the day. Now she's soppy mush. I watch NOLA Dan because I miss the old NOLA accents.

The Sticks-and-Dan show - loathe it. I suspect Sticks is kind of stuck with it, having to follow Dan's lead.

• Love 2
15 hours ago, hoosiermom said:

The sooner they get Kennedy off of this show the better. He adds nothing. I can’t stand his voice anymore and his weird facial contortions drive me up a wall.

I cannot stand the faces he makes. He's always burping, too. 

• Love 1

I'm enjoying the troopers of the Oklahoma Highway Patrol, especially the lady trooper. She handles the situations well.  A lot of the people they pull over think they are comedians too.

15 hours ago, pasdetrois said:

I haven't watched in quite a while, but I noticed on a recent episode a new guy who thinks he's a comedian. He's an Oklahoma trooper.

• Love 4

I kind of liked the couple they showed in the clip at the beginning both on the ground being arrested and the woman's asking for the guy's phone number and he gives it to her. I guess both being arrested isn't a deal breaker? 

• Love 1

That first take down was terrifying to watch. When the officer said the guy was still resisting even after in hand cuffs the camera panned over I thought the guy looked dead! I was really concerned for him until he was finally taken away in an ambulance. Not saying anything was done wrong, but wow.

(edited)

The bad car wreck in Salinas was terrifying.    I can't believe anyone survived in the smaller car.  

The recap of the two people in the car chase was hysterical, from the other day.   The one where the handcuffed woman is screaming at the prospective boyfriend for his phone number made me laugh hysterically.   

The Oklahoma car chase last night was terrifying.     I'm not surprised that the state troopers were the ones that ran the escaping car down, they have high speed pursuit cars for a reason.     It's so lucky that no one was injured or killed by the fleeing car.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 3

I know, the sheriff? was saying how he had to put the dude in a carotid hold; he basically had the guy in a neck lock, pinching the artery NOT the throat until the dude passed out. (I believe it is considered a dangerous hold to use at that). I was worried it may have gone too far, but saw the guy twitching as they were tending to him in the end.

And after that, we get that car accident in Salinas; wow what a night. 

• Love 1

Holy Moses!  You guys werent’ kidding about last night’s episode.  It was crazy.  Still missing Warwick.  

The chase in Lawrence (?) was crazy because we saw that he had a gun.  Terrifying.  

• Love 3

Probably a few more commercials in the later hours. But you can be sure every studio shot on Friday will mention "Commercial free brought to you by Dish Network" for the entire episode. 

The Wednesday episode will also probably mention the Commercial Free Friday episode brought to you by Dish Network at least every other studio break. 

• Love 2
On 6/15/2019 at 8:11 PM, VartanFan said:

Holy Moses!  You guys werent’ kidding about last night’s episode.  It was crazy.  Still missing Warwick.  

Saturday was intense. And I miss Warwick as well. Every week somebody in Warwick is at some hotel causing problems. I can't tell if it's the same hotel or not but it seems similar. 

I actually miss Pasco and Nye counties (Nye is the one in Nevada, right?) There are so many interesting (!) people out there. 

• Love 2
18 minutes ago, hoosiermom said:

The extra Wednesday episode isn’t showing up on my channel guide. 😳

It's showing up for me on Titan TV, Zap2It and Uverse's onscreen guide. My DVR is set to catch it too. Are you sure you're looking at the right day of listings?

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Jaded said:

It's showing up for me on Titan TV, Zap2It and Uverse's onscreen guide. My DVR is set to catch it too. Are you sure you're looking at the right day of listings?

I have wow and it’s showing the Wahlburgers and employables but I’ve set the DVR to record all of that so I catch live PD if the listing is wrong and, thanks for trying to help. Hope this works!

On 4/17/2017 at 12:05 PM, SilverStormm said:

A place to discuss particular episodes, arcs and moments from the show's run. Please remember this isn't a complete catch-all topic -- check out the forum for character topics and other places for show-related talk.

Hi, I'm new to the forum. Where do go I find "character topics and other places for show-related talk"? When you say "check out the forum"...I did click the "Forum" link, which took me to the entire list of shows, so I clicked Live PD to get here. But I didn't see anything else to click on about any characters on the show or anything else related to Live PD. I'm confused. Is there another board for Live PD discussions too?

3 minutes ago, PoppyMae said:

Hi, I'm new to the forum. Where do go I find "character topics and other places for show-related talk"? When you say "check out the forum"...I did click the "Forum" link, which took me to the entire list of shows, so I clicked Live PD to get here. But I didn't see anything else to click on about any characters on the show or anything else related to Live PD. I'm confused. Is there another board for Live PD discussions too?

Apologies, that post was a remnant of the past when Live PD existed as a full forum. I have removed that post. All Live PD discussion goes in here now.

1 hour ago, SilverStormm said:

Apologies, that post was a remnant of the past when Live PD existed as a full forum. I have removed that post. All Live PD discussion goes in here now.

Ok, thank you so much! Now I know I'm not crazy (or blind). I'm just finding my way around the forum, and I'm glad I found this place. There are so many shows to discuss! 😉

• Love 5
1 hour ago, PoppyMae said:

Ok, thank you so much! Now I know I'm not crazy (or blind). I'm just finding my way around the forum, and I'm glad I found this place. There are so many shows to discuss! 😉

Be careful!  You can get lost in these forums and before you know it, your whole night is gone!  But it's fun!

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, One4Sorrow2TooBad said:

OMG,  the perps would be complaining if the cameras weren't____ there.

I always love it when someone has their phone out recording. "I'm watching you!"  Lots of people watching you too. Wave hi.

• LOL 5
(edited)
9 minutes ago, One4Sorrow2TooBad said:

I like it when the officer tells the perp to put the phone down, hands behind your back, you're being detained.

Is it just me, or do we need a course on legal detention vs being arrested in middle school. Why it is safer for BOTH of you (you and the officer) to be detained, legally, for a brief period.

Also, don't blather on about how you shouldn't be arrested. Ask for the lawyer, argue it in court. Don't waste the officer's time arguing.

Edited by nokat
  • Love 3
(edited)

Why is everybody running?  Do they really think they have good odds?  I'm starting to feel like a total nerd for actually having a drivers license, registration and insurance. Clearly I'm a sucker because no one else seems to have them.

Edited by cynicat
  • LOL 8
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, cynicat said:

Why is everybody running?  Do they really think they have good odds?  I'm starting to feel like a total nerd for actually having a drivers license, registration and insurance.

I am not complaining, some of my favorite moments have been with runners. One guy tried to run with his hands cuffed behind his back (made it about ten feet before falling), another started running then tripped over his pants which had fallen down within a few steps. My real favorite was the young kid who got chased down by a cop who laughed at him because he couldn't out run the cop who was much older, overweight, carrying a lot of gear, AND had an artificial leg.

Pretty soon, having a driver’s license, registration and proof of insurance will be automatically suspicious and probable cause for detaining and searching. This will happen right after “conversate” and “tooken” become accepted usage.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3

And "I borrowed him my car."

I think that's on "Judge Judy" but it still makes my head explode.

I have so much admiration for those cops who run with all that gear on, and actually catch their guy.

• Love 9

The first guy on Friday night's show (child abuse) is lucky to be alive.  When he got out of the car and then turned around and reached into the car (despite repeated commands to get on the ground), they could have thought he was grabbing a weapon.  I gasped.  What an utter moron.  I hope those dog bites hurt.  

• Love 8
21 hours ago, cynicat said:

I'm starting to feel like a total nerd for actually having a drivers license, registration and insurance.

You probably didn't buy your car yesterday, and wear your own pants. Total nerd. :)

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

I was surprised they did release the dog on the child abuse guy. He appeared stunned by the taser while on his knees trying to comprehend what was going on and not resisting. Seems the officers could have easily cuffed him at that time. Plus no one stopped the dog from biting once he was detained.  I heard the officer say he has a history of violent behavior so they did what they did. I'm not sticking up for the guy but the whole thing seemed off to me.

• Love 2
On 6/10/2019 at 6:29 AM, pasdetrois said:

I haven't watched in quite a while, but I noticed on a recent episode a new guy who thinks he's a comedian. He's an Oklahoma trooper.

His name is something like Chillicoate and he's my least favorite of all the cops on the show. He has those ridiculous tattoos that look as if his 3 year-old drew them on with a magic marker, and a haircut that's even worse. He is one of those cops who escalates, instead of de-escalating, a bad situation because he has to throw his weight around and show that he's smarter, funnier, and more powerful than the person he's talking to. 

• Love 4

The woman who was pulled over about her license plate (in Williamson?) 

What a jerk.    It would have been a 30 second warning, and she turned it into a giant police call out, and that made me wonder what else she's up to?  

• Love 7
(edited)
2 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

The woman who was pulled over about her license plate (in Williamson?) 

What a jerk.    It would have been a 30 second warning, and she turned it into a giant police call out, and that made me wonder what else she's up to?  

Yeah, she overreacted to the nth degree, but this was the fist time in a while I felt the cop was overplaying the attitude, too. 

It was a missing front plate, not a stolen car.

Edited by Tachi Rocinante
grammar
  • Love 2

Yes, but sometimes the front plates are stolen, and the driver doesn't know that.    A neighbor had that happen, and didn't know the plate was missing until the police showed up, and wanted to know why his plate was at a robbery.   

• Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, Tachi Rocinante said:

Yeah, she overreacted to the nth degree, but this was the fist time in a while I felt the cop was overplaying the attitude, too. 

To me, it looked like the cop started off polite and reasonable and only got a bit touchy after the woman started mouthing off and challenging his authority, not taking the situation seriously. She started jumping down his throat before he could even tell her why he stopped her.YMMV.

Edited by DoctorK
  • Love 6
(edited)
6 hours ago, anniebird said:

His name is something like Chillicoate and he's my least favorite of all the cops on the show. He has those ridiculous tattoos that look as if his 3 year-old drew them on with a magic marker, and a haircut that's even worse. He is one of those cops who escalates, instead of de-escalating, a bad situation because he has to throw his weight around and show that he's smarter, funnier, and more powerful than the person he's talking to. 

I actually like this officer, and so far all of the other new OK officers. But I do think his tattoos look ridiculous . Marvel/Comic book tattoo themes can actually look really really good. But his look sloppy,too spaced out with all of that blue scribbled in. he has way too many colors going on so that the whole thing looks like a kids artwork.

Edited by Hellohappylife
  • Love 4