Type keyword(s) to search

On Patrol: Live - General Discussion

• Start Topic

18 minutes ago, BookWitch said:

Wonder what dear old Mike had been up to when all the hotels kept turning him down. I wouldn't want him around either.

That's what I wondered too. Its odd that they kept turning him down. I especially wondered about the one where he applied for a job. 

(edited)
17 hours ago, BookWitch said:

Wonder what dear old Mike had been up to when all the hotels kept turning him down. I wouldn't want him around either.

16 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

That's what I wondered too. Its odd that they kept turning him down. I especially wondered about the one where he applied for a job. 

His Mom made it sound like he had serious alcohol issues at the very least. I imagine drunken and/or high behavior had a big part in the rejections in regards to lodging and a job. I wondered if he may be mentally ill too.

Edited by Jaded
  • Love 1

I've always enjoyed their involvement and K9 's, very well trained.  Could be that the show only wants to cover a PD for a couple of months and bring in another new one?  Haven't seen Downtown Danny Brown for awhile on LivePD.  One thing I hope doesn't start happening is people calling in 911 just to be seen on the show.  Once again we see some asshat who wants to play Youtube lawyer with the police lol.  Was that in Franklin Co.?

The show is on break till the end of the month, and they did confirm that Pasco and another PD are "taking a break" from the show for a bit, and they look forward to going back to those departments sometime in the future. I don't think they mentioned if a new department or two were coming in. 

Maybe the departments just wanted a break out of the spotlight for a bit, or maybe the production company wanted to cut down or bring on another department or two. They did go up to 8 departments this year with the one in Louisiana (can't remember which off hand). 

As for tonights episodes, I disagree with them on the actions of the vigilante who tried to stop the car chase in LA on Monday. He was interfering in an active police operation, putting himself and possibly others in danger. He had no idea if the guy was armed and looking to shoot, or if there were kids involved, or maybe the police were trying to herd him somewhere. The best thing civilians can do if a chase is going on, is to get the hell out of the way and let the experts handle it. LAPD were perfectly right to give that guy a citation, and he's lucky he didn't get worse. 

• Love 1

I read on another website that women were harassing Carmack, his wife and his family. People were calling his home and going to his parents house. 

They were also verbally abusing his wife on Twitter. All because these people think that Carmack is attractive. 

I wonder if these reasons are some why they don't want to renew their contract. 

19 minutes ago, Hero said:

I read on another website that women were harassing Carmack, his wife and his family. People were calling his home and going to his parents house. 

They were also verbally abusing his wife on Twitter. All because these people think that Carmack is attractive. 

I wonder if these reasons are some why they don't want to renew their contract. 

Wow, that stinks. 

The show sometimes shines a light on some of the lesser aspects of the locations they film, so I'm rarely surprised when a town takes a break from filming. For example, I never want to go to Salinas, Pasco County, or Nye County based on what I've seen on the show.  On the other hand, the hubby would love to go to El Paso and meet Officer Zendejas, so you never know. 

Back in 2000, I worked in Monterrey, California for almost a year. While Monterrey had most of what you needed, Salinas is the "Big City" for everything else near by. And even back then, Salinas always felt like a sketchier location to visit. Not so much you would stay away (many coworkers lived in Salinas) but you would tend to be a bit more aware of where you are and where you are going. 

21 hours ago, tabloidlover said:

They are bringing back a county from Missouri (cannot remember the county at the moment, but they were great!) and the new department is the Oklahoma Highway Patrol.

Greene County. Always interesting people there. 

I wish they would get another Florida area to follow while Pasco is out. I live in Florida so it's always entertaining to see what Florida is going to put out. 

• Love 1

Pinal County, AZ is also on a break, but they were just featured on 60 Days In. I wonder if they will come back. Sheriff Lamb seems like the kind of guy that enjoys doing these things.

My wife met him IRL recently. Says he is super cool and funny.

• Love 2
On 3/11/2019 at 10:40 AM, ItsHelloPattiagain said:

Greene County. Always interesting people there. 

I wish they would get another Florida area to follow while Pasco is out. I live in Florida so it's always entertaining to see what Florida is going to put out. 

Some of those other departments were so funny and some definitely had a 'cast of characters".

• Love 1
5 hours ago, QuinnInND said:

She posted a pic of herself on her Instagram. She's got facial injuries. I can't believe she got in a car with a drunk. 

Can't find the picture.  Truthfully, can't find her on Instagram 😄   Still can't believe that they did that.  Him driving drunk and her for getting in the vehicle with him.  He was also featured on Live PD.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, iluvobx said:

Can't find the picture.  Truthfully, can't find her on Instagram 😄   Still can't believe that they did that.  Him driving drunk and her for getting in the vehicle with him.  He was also featured on Live PD.

Screenshot_20190312-163728-1.png

• Love 1

My mom lives right on the line of Pasco County and I guess businesses were up in arms because they thought it was bad press.  And the Sheriff is up for reelection soon.  People are nuts, so it wouldn't surprise me if they were stalking some of the officers.    It was a double edge sword for me because I love Pasco but HATE Nye.  I'm thrilled that they're done for now.  

I'm not a big fan of Nye either, seems like to police have to deal with a lot of low class alcoholics or druggies having issues.   One of the things that I don't want to see on the shows is someone making a  call to the police just to get shown on the show.

The woman is Slidell, LA should be arrested for wearing that outfit in public, let alone for assaulting the bartender, and being drunk in public.     Spitting on the officer was disgusting.        She's the drunkest person this side of Warwick, and I thought they had some doozies there.       

• Love 5

I once lived in an unincorporated desert area and it drew all kinds of misfits who didn't want to be bound by local regulations, and who wanted to be far from police. Nye reminds me of that.

The officer who was spit on (McCall?) was already dialed up to 9 and then completely lost his temper. He reminded me a little of the AZ officer who is irritable all the time. Having said that, one of the most irritating things in life is a mouthy drunk.

I love hearing the occasional local accent in Slidell.

The harassment of the teenager - the notes and the razor blades - was terrifying. I wonder if the police were able to track down and charge the perpetrators. When I was in high school there were some girls who hid razor blades in the soles of their shoes.

Officer Zendejas and her husband (and fellow Live PD officer) are divorcing. I guess we know the reason why. Terrible judgment on her part to climb into a truck with a drunk. She and her hubbie had rough edges when they first appeared on Live PD, and they both figured out how to put on a more polished facade for the cameras. It always struck me as odd how easily she used profanity on camera, as most police departments frown on that in terms of working with the public.

Edited by pasdetrois

I let out a loud grown whenever they cut to Salinas.  There's just something "off" about it to me.  The interactions go so smooth they almost feel like a training exercise OR they are so clueless and bumbling.   They are looking a bit less facially manicured lately.  I wonder if they heard the criticism.

The new OK Highway Trooper Patrol (or whatever) is a fresh change, but I've always found those trooper hats annoying, so it distracts me.  Also, are they wearing uniforms or is that body paint???

Friday night's camera work and editing made me nauseous and my head was spinning.  I know it's probably VERY difficult to keep a camera steady while running through woods or in a car going 80 MPH, but damn!   Also how did Warwick go from near blizzard conditions to dry streets with zero snow on the ground in a matter of hours.  Dan was pretty clear that it was "moments earlier".... yeah right.  Just say it was a few days ago - we don't care!

12 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

The woman is Slidell, LA should be arrested for wearing that outfit in public, let alone for assaulting the bartender, and being drunk in public.     Spitting on the officer was disgusting.        She's the drunkest person this side of Warwick, and I thought they had some doozies there.       

She was out of control to be sure.  BUT, it was really off-putting to hear him call her a bitch.  I know he was ramped up but I've never heard any of the cops on this show use a derogatory word against men, or even against people of color.  Why is it seemingly OK to say "that bitch"?

• Love 3
2 hours ago, BigBingerBro said:

Also how did Warwick go from near blizzard conditions to dry streets with zero snow on the ground in a matter of hours.  Dan was pretty clear that it was "moments earlier".... yeah right.  Just say it was a few days ago - we don't care!

I don't know if it was the same day and not saying that Dan didn't take liberties with the space time continuum, but last week we got a few inches of snow in the morning, and it was completely melted by mid-afternoon. (I'm not in Rhode Island, but next door in Connecticut.)  Quirky weather is common in New England.

• Love 2

Yeah quirky weather is common on the East coast. We can have ice in the morning, shorts weather in the afternoon and blizzards in the evening. 🙂

I don't know if it was that case last night, but they did mention that one of the "Recorded Earlier" segments was from a few weeks back, before their break. 

3 hours ago, cynicat said:

She was out of control to be sure.  BUT, it was really off-putting to hear him call her a bitch.  I know he was ramped up but I've never heard any of the cops on this show use a derogatory word against men, or even against people of color.  Why is it seemingly OK to say "that bitch"?

To be fair, they’re pretty good about bleeping out bad words before they get to us.  With him calling her a bitch, it was such an immediate reaction that I don’t think the editors had the time to beep. I think we’d all love it if everyone kept their cool always, but being spit on....the number of germs in a mouth...potentially going into mucus membranes...no.  She’s lucky all she got was shoved into the car.  

• Love 4

I don't fault Ofc. McCall for what he said to the woman. I really like him. She spit in his face. Her saliva could have gone into his mouth or eyes. He is usually a very calm person, but sometimes people slip. 

• Love 5
(edited)

I think all 3 of the show's hosts agree that getting spit on can bring on a stronger reaction than most realize. Didn't both  Tom Morris Jr. and Sticks Larson say it's happened to them before and could relate . 

Edited by One4Sorrow2TooBad
  • Love 1

I used to work with firefighters/paramedics. Without fail, getting spit on involved a much stronger reaction than other attacks (punching, kicking, fighting). There's something humiliating  about it. 

Also, we tended to do BBP exposure protocol which involves a lot of periodic testing. 

• Love 2

So glad this back!  I have to say that if I had someone spit in my face I would probably call him or her a pretty strong name. 

Is it just me, is it odd just how many times Warwick gets called to hotels for disturbances?  I know the other departments go to hotels too, but that is often just riding through the parking lot and seeing something. The hotels in Warwick always are calling about unruly guests. 

The woman whose ex left the snake and card on her porch brought me the biggest laugh of the night. When she asked what the card said, the officer said it was crazy stuff like how beautiful she was. I don’t think he meant it that way but it sounded like he was saying calling her beautiful was crazy. I mean she was no beauty queen but still. 

• Love 1
On 3/31/2019 at 7:54 AM, BigBingerBro said:

I let out a loud grown whenever they cut to Salinas.  There's just something "off" about it to me.  The interactions go so smooth they almost feel like a training exercise OR they are so clueless and bumbling.   They are looking a bit less facially manicured lately.  I wonder if they heard the criticism.

For awhile they were actually filming new officers training in actual stops and cases so that might be what you were thinking of. It was a little bizarre to watch but I guess they have to learn somehow. 

So I think it's Nye.... where every officer looks a little goofy (but nice) and one guy was the dopiest of them all and now suddenly he's sporting a beard, backwards hat and civilian clothes with a 'detective' vest.  I mean he's actually kinda cute now.. but I can't forget how dopey and needy he was to be cool.  Did he get a promotion? 

1 hour ago, gunderda said:

So I think it's Nye.... where every officer looks a little goofy (but nice) and one guy was the dopiest of them all and now suddenly he's sporting a beard, backwards hat and civilian clothes with a 'detective' vest.  I mean he's actually kinda cute now.. but I can't forget how dopey and needy he was to be cool.  Did he get a promotion? 

Was he on the case of the guy threatening to shoot himself in his truck last year?  The description matches and they said he was an expert in deescalation or something....

• Love 1
20 hours ago, BigBingerBro said:

Was he on the case of the guy threatening to shoot himself in his truck last year?  The description matches and they said he was an expert in deescalation or something....

Probably- he always acted like the head honcho and always had to be in charge of yelling at people to come out of their house. He screams of the nerd who got bullied in school that decided he wanted to become a cop and thinks now that makes him cool by default. 

• Love 1

Probably- he always acted like the head honcho and always had to be in charge of yelling at people to come out of their house. He screams of the nerd who got bullied in school that decided he wanted to become a cop and thinks now that makes him cool by default. 

Alex Cox is his name

That is a perfect description of him lol!

(edited)

So the woman with the truck in Greene County, MO, was asked by the deputy if she was taking UAs for anything.  What are UAs, urine analysis?  The deputy said there was purchased urine in the truck.  That's a real thing?  Wow.  The things I've learned from  this show... 

Edited by KLJ
  • Love 1
16 hours ago, KLJ said:

So the woman with the truck in Greene County, MO, was asked by the deputy if she was taking UAs for anything.  What are UAs, urine analysis?  The deputy said there was purchased urine in the truck.  That's a real thing?  Wow.  The things I've learned from  this show... 

Buying urine is absolutely a thing.  I only learned about it a few months ago and I was surprised too, but yes, it's real.  Am pretty sure UA means urinalysis, but that's a funny way for the deputy to ask about it.

Oh, you can even buy the urine warm ... you know, for reality's sake.

Green Co Blonde's definition of "clean" seems to be "under the radar"   I got too tired and went to bed, was she ultimately charged with anything?

Wow, officer Muskutt in Salinas was looking pretty shabby last night.  His beard needs a fresh dye-job and he was lacking eyeliner.  It's like he didn't know he needed to be camera-ready and was thrown off guard.

I'm placing bets on when we'll see one of the Oklahoma troopers split their pants (or shirts).....

• LOL 1

Some convenience stores have put signs next to the microwave saying not to warm urine in the microwave.      UA, urinalysis for drug tests for many parolees is scheduled, but also they can get tested any time the bail agent, or parole officer demand one.    

And when the authorities catch these knuckleheads trying to get away with switching their bought urine for a UA, they need to be charged as having a dirty UA. It used to be that a LEO or PO had to witness the sample being taken to avoid this kind of switcherroo nonsense.  That blonde woman was an idiot, she had been pulled over 6 times for not having the right plate for the truck?

• Love 2

That motorcycle accident in TX was pretty gnarly to start the show.  What an idiot.  I was very encouraged by the cops' humanity in that case.  He wouldn't stop, endangered a lot of people (including them) but when they started treating him, they were kind and compassionate.  

• Love 1
1 hour ago, VartanFan said:

That motorcycle accident in TX was pretty gnarly to start the show.  

Yes!  Often times, there's nothing too interesting at the start of the show, but this time WOW!   

I kept saying - "Where the heck are the paramedics???"  I know that they did come pretty quickly, but in the moment it seems like forever.

(edited)
On 3/31/2019 at 7:43 AM, cynicat said:

Yes it was "ok" to call her "that bitch" because it's true.

Edited by Stillhere2.0
  • Love 6

RCSD is having a watch party this Sat. in Columbia, SC for the 200th episode.  Mastrianni, K-law and Sticks will be there.  They had to move it to the State Fairgrounds because last heard, over 6900 planned to attend.  They will have games, food trucks, RCSD cars, drone, robot, and K9s.  Do you think that Live PD will show it some or highlight RCSD?  They are the only dept that has been with LivePD since the very first episode.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5