Type keyword(s) to search

On Patrol: Live - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I wonder if the female officer in R.I., the one with the mousy up-speak, has either watched herself on the show or Twitter has made mention of her way of speaking. She seemed to speak almost normally last night. It's definitely an improvement and I hope she keeps working on it. How can you expect to be seen as confident and in control if you speak in such a timid way? Plus, it's super annoying to listen to.

• Love 3

It was pretty crazy, though, how the first pit maneuver almost took out the camera people!  I gasped because I wasn't sure they could move out of the way in time.  

Re: the RI blond female officer...I've found when she's in 'help' mode, she's far more whiny and high-pitched.  When she's in business mode, it comes down a notch or 10.  

I was happy to see Haynes from Greene County back last night, but I found it weird and a bit unrealistic that Sheriff Lamb was patrolling with the GC Sheriff.  

That officer from El Paso had a rough night...first that absolute moron who was belligerent and took a swing at him...then the drug guy who ran on him, fought him, and then got him soaked in a gigantic puddle (not to mention the slice on the knee).  

• Love 3
5 hours ago, greyflannel said:

I wonder if the female officer in R.I., the one with the mousy up-speak, has either watched herself on the show or Twitter has made mention of her way of speaking. She seemed to speak almost normally last night. It's definitely an improvement and I hope she keeps working on it. How can you expect to be seen as confident and in control if you speak in such a timid way? Plus, it's super annoying to listen to.

I usually fast forward through the scenes she's  in.

• Love 1

The most annoying thing that I’ve learned watching this show is how all a LEO has to say is “I smell marijuana” and it doesn’t matter if he/she says it about a car he/she is passing in traffic (really?), a car that he/she has pulled over for ANY reason or a person he/she encounters on the street-as soon as that declaration is made, “probable cause” is established and rights pertaining to unlawful search go right out the window.

Buggy.

While I’m at it, the thing that runs a close second or might actually even be worse is when folks use the term “ put hands on a woman” as some sort of euphemism for various acts of domestic violence.

Instead of using words hit, punched, shoved, choked or slapped, it is minimalized by the term “putting hands on”...which, generally speaking, also describes what certain churches do when they perform healing rituals.

Even buggier, really.

Edited by kicotan
Extra rant & gender inclusion
  • Love 2
57 minutes ago, kicotan said:

The most annoying thing that I’ve learned watching this show is how all a LEO has to say is “I smell marijuana” and it doesn’t matter if he/she says it about a car he/she is passing in traffic (really?), a car that he/she has pulled over for ANY reason or a person he/she encounters on the street-as soon as that declaration is made, “probable cause” is established and rights pertaining to unlawful search go right out the window.

This is the EXACT reason I stopped watching this dreck.  This is a very unfair and malicious tactic and it should be thrown out of court.

• Love 2

I had to take a break from this show too. I don't know if I got burnt out or just got tired of things that others have mentioned like the supposed smelling of marijuana. I still remember the episode where one of the cops said he could smell marijuana coming from a car that drove by him while he was in his own. 

• Love 2
8 hours ago, Brattinella said:

This is the EXACT reason I stopped watching this dreck.  This is a very unfair and malicious tactic and it should be thrown out of court.

So, this is definitely a state thing.  I’m guessing Live PD is pretty tactical about which departments they choose because it would be so boring where we live.  My husband is a police officer and he watches this show and basically says (in many scenes), “we could never do that”.   They basically can’t search a car without bloody body parts being strewn about the inside of the car and marijuana is totally decriminalized.  I posted a long time about how much CHEAPER  the criminal justice system would be if they just legalized marijuana - - the time spent on these traffic stops, the analysis and storage of the ‘evidence’, time in the courts, time cops spend in court fo these cases...etc.  

• Love 4
17 hours ago, ExplainItAgain said:

That chase last night was a little ridiculous. I realize he was an escapee but did they need the entire force chasing him at 30 mph? I wonder what the story was with the woman who was with him?

ITA      It reminded me of Beverly Hills Cop 1 where half the force goes up the driveway in the end and crashing.

• Love 1

I found it weird and a bit unrealistic that Sheriff Lamb was patrolling with the GC Sheriff. 

Is he the cowboy-hat wearing sheriff from AZ? If so, he is a famewhore of the highest order. He wants a TV gig; he wants to be another Sticks.

• Love 2

What was the deal with that blonde whose boyfriend crashed his car?  It was like she and the officer were in two different places, having two different conversations.  She had to be on something.  Did she think she'd be in trouble for being with him, since there was a no-contact order? 

I wanted to see more of what happened at the end of Friday night's show.  I think it was in Nevada, and the officer was investigating a domestic disturbance.  The house (?) was in the middle of what looked like a junk yard.  A man answered the door, carrying a toddler, and the officer was allowed inside.  That's all we saw.  It must have been in an unincorporated area -- the place would have all kinds of violations if it was in city limits. 

15 hours ago, 4Sibes Redux said:

Did they give much of an explanation of why Lamb was in Missouri?

58 minutes ago, pasdetrois said:

Is he the cowboy-hat wearing sheriff from AZ? If so, he is a famewhore of the highest order. He wants a TV gig; he wants to be another Sticks.

They didn't mention it on the show, but he was apparently in MO for a benefit for that Greene County officer that was killed. I guess he represents the sheriff's association. But, yes, he's also a famewhore and definitely wishes his department was still on.

Edited by ExplainItAgain
  • Love 3
16 hours ago, kicotan said:

Buggy.

While I’m at it, the thing that runs a close second or might actually even be worse is when folks use the term “ put hands on a woman” as some sort of euphemism for various acts of domestic violence.

Instead of using words hit, punched, shoved, choked or slapped, it is minimalized by the term “putting hands on”...which, generally speaking, also describes what certain churches do when they perform healing rituals.

Even buggier, really.

If the "I smell marijuana" probable cause was being used, and often no pot or paraphernalia was found, I would be inclined to agree with you that it was a bullshit tactic. However, in the majority of cases, there is, in fact, pot/paraphernalia present. If you are engaging in an illegal activity, you are subject to a search. And yes, that stuff is super easy to smell, even from a passing car. It boggles my mind how many people we see on the show that have warrants, suspended licenses, etc. that are stupid enough to be smoking weed in their vehicle. 

• Love 12
15 minutes ago, ExplainItAgain said:

But, yes, he's also a famewhore and definitely wishes his department was still on.

Do we know what the deal is there?  I thought I read that they were temporarily not on and figured HE was up for reelection or something and would be back.  Are they done for good there?  Despite my misgivings for the famewhoriness of Lamb and McElwin...I know many others who love them.  

8 minutes ago, VartanFan said:

Despite my misgivings for the famewhoriness of Lamb and McElwin.

I never liked either of them. Lamb looks like he is wearing a Halloween costume and McElwain started an argument with every single person he came in contact with.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, VartanFan said:

I posted a long time about how much CHEAPER  the criminal justice system would be if they just legalized marijuana - - the time spent on these traffic stops, the analysis and storage of the ‘evidence’, time in the courts, time cops spend in court fo these cases...etc.  

100% agree with you here. The show would still have plenty of footage even if they "lost" all the marijuana busts.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Cherrio said:

I never liked either of them. Lamb looks like he is wearing a Halloween costume and McElwain started an argument with every single person he came in contact with.

I agree with you. I couldn't stand McElwain. He had some kind of chip on his shoulder. He thinks that him being an officer automatically makes him better than others. I'm so glad that I don't have to watch either of them anymore. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, greyflannel said:

If the "I smell marijuana" probable cause was being used, and often no pot or paraphernalia was found, I would be inclined to agree with you that it was a bullshit tactic. However, in the majority of cases, there is, in fact, pot/paraphernalia present. If you are engaging in an illegal activity, you are subject to a search. And yes, that stuff is super easy to smell, even from a passing car. It boggles my mind how many people we see on the show that have warrants, suspended licenses, etc. that are stupid enough to be smoking weed in their vehicle. 

Or no insurance, or an expired registration  . . .

And yes, pot is easy to smell in a passing car.

• Love 3
On 9/9/2018 at 11:02 AM, stillhere1900 said:

Do you guys remember  in what State was the one where the woman insisted on giving the guys who were clocked at 96 miles per hr (they were trying to race her because she was driving a sports car) a lecture on safe driving ? We saw that one last night.

The Cop told her to leave but she wouldn't

23 hours ago, VartanFan said:

Do we know what the deal is there?  I thought I read that they were temporarily not on and figured HE was up for reelection or something and would be back.  Are they done for good there?  Despite my misgivings for the famewhoriness of Lamb and McElwin...I know many others who love them.  

I'm not sure. I know his department doesn't have a contract for this current season. I don't know if that was the producers' decision or the department's decision. I wondered about his authority when he was out in another state - he seemed quite involved in the traffic stop.

I could watch a whole show of just Richland County.   Add a little ElPaso and I'm set.  That car crash was something else. No tags and the car full of stolen merchandise.  At first, when pulled over, I thought the driver took off running.  Then I saw the car take and figured it out.  

11 hours ago, howiveaddict said:

I could watch a whole show of just Richland County.   Add a little ElPaso and I'm set.  That car crash was something else. No tags and the car full of stolen merchandise.  At first, when pulled over, I thought the driver took off running.  Then I saw the car take and figured it out.  

One of the ones from the car is still in the hospital.  I think it is the driver.  RCSD have all of them and the Lt. is still being listed as recovering from her injury (back).  They really hit the stores hard at Sandhills.

• Love 2
On 10/13/2018 at 11:43 PM, Brattinella said:

Here’s a thought: Don’t smoke pot in your car and the police won’t smell pot in your car.

It’s pretty simple.

• Love 22

Are the cops allowed to destroy innocent people’s property? Dept Pini & his K9 Yogi ( Pasco county) we’re trying to track down a guy that ran instead of climbing over the wood fence or around It Dept Pini kicks a hole threw the fence destroying it, and removed piece of it so he can fit threw. 

And then he goes threw another persons backyard leaves there gate open.  I know he’s trying to find someone but dang someone could lose there own pet because they aren’t aware they’re gates are open. Or they are gonna wonder why they’re fence is destroyed..... 

• Love 4

Was it the old wooden fence that already looked like it was missing a plank, possibly from the perp who went through it?      What was up with that black guy in Warwick that during the FST couldn't for the life of him follow simple command to keep his head still and only follow the light with his eyes??? 

Edited by One4Sorrow2TooBad
  • Love 2

The fence looked like it already had a hole in it and the officer just enlarged it to get through.  

Did anyone notice, that when the two officers went through the one's garage to catch the bird, the camera recorded the officer's license plate number. It was parked in the garage. I doubt he wanted the public to know that information.   Hope I was the only one to notice.  It was hilarious watching them try to catch that bird.  They would search below the dresser, while the bird was on top of the dresser.   At first I thought he had smashed it with his hands, when it was finally caught.  Luckily the bird was unhurt.

• Love 2
22 hours ago, One4Sorrow2TooBad said:

What was up with that black guy in Warwick that during the FST couldn't for the life of him follow simple command to keep his head still and only follow the light with his eyes??? 

Stupid, drunk or both. 

• Love 4

I'm wondering when they're going to show Shep's latest internet video catch, where some kidnapper in a pink shirt crashed a car, ran, and when Shep got him he chewed on his butt for a long time.     The kid he kidnapped was unharmed, no thanks to the perp.        I'm hoping that will be the first thing they show on Friday's show with Shep, and we'll probably get the rerun of Shep running down a guy, while Carmack dragged the other guy in handcuffs chasing after Shep.     

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 2
15 hours ago, howiveaddict said:

The fence looked like it already had a hole in it and the officer just enlarged it to get through.  

Did anyone notice, that when the two officers went through the one's garage to catch the bird, the camera recorded the officer's license plate number. It was parked in the garage. I doubt he wanted the public to know that information.   Hope I was the only one to notice.  It was hilarious watching them try to catch that bird.  They would search below the dresser, while the bird was on top of the dresser.   At first I thought he had smashed it with his hands, when it was finally caught.  Luckily the bird was unhurt.

I wondered why they just didn't close the door and open the window so the bird could fly out.  Simplest solution and less stressful on the bird.

• Love 5
On 10/16/2018 at 11:04 PM, Cotypubby said:

Here’s a thought: Don’t smoke pot in your car and the police won’t smell pot in your car.

It’s pretty simple.

And don't drive like an idiot with visible violations if you have a laundry list of other violations waiting to be discovered.

• Love 11
10 hours ago, iluvobx said:

I wondered why they just didn't close the door and open the window so the bird could fly out.  Simplest solution and less stressful on the bird.

We had a bird in our house once. We tried that.. The bird couldn't figure out where the window was, in spite of our best efforts. We finally had to do what they did. Corner it, grab it, and release it outside. Where it happily flew away. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, QuinnInND said:

e once. We tried that.. The bird couldn't figure out where the window was, in spite of our best efforts

Birds as a group are not very smart (crows seem to be an exception. It is interesting that birds seem to have a lot of dumb species but also one of the smartest).

• Love 2
2 hours ago, QuinnInND said:

We had a bird in our house once. We tried that.. The bird couldn't figure out where the window was, in spite of our best efforts. We finally had to do what they did. Corner it, grab it, and release it outside. Where it happily flew away. 

Taking this to small talk.

• Love 1
22 hours ago, DoctorK said:

Birds as a group are not very smart (crows seem to be an exception. It is interesting that birds seem to have a lot of dumb species but also one of the smartest).

Crows are pretty amazing, and you're right, I think they are an exception.  With the little bird in the house, I would have tried using a towel or blanket approach. Little birds can get overstressed and die from being chased around.

• Love 2

Almost anything is smarter than the majority of the people that end up on Live PD.

For example, Shep can probably think better than most of the perps he tracks down.   I loved the preview where the gave him some of his doggy ice cream.   Shep, just like Flex and Lor, certainly figured out that if he demands head scritches, or other attention when the camera is on, he's going to get it.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 6

Sweet, adorable Shep.  What a good boy.  Carmack did ok in cohosting (a little bit of fake smiling, but still ok).

Did Gwinnett County also get dropped?  I don't remember seeing them in a while.

I also can't believe Warwick allows officers to have a mohawk (Elderkin).  

• Love 4
57 minutes ago, One4Sorrow2TooBad said:

Greene Co. Mo. seems to have a never ending abundance of people driving around who are into drugs or alcohol.

Actually I think a lot of places have this after midnight.

• Love 3
13 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Pasco has tons of them too.      I guess the ones without a police record, who use turn signals, don't drive drunk or drugged, or both, and have a valid license, registration, and insurance are few and far between.

Or they're at home, watching Live PD.  It does seem like a lot, but then we see all the other cars on the road, driving legally. 

Sometimes I wonder what the world is coming too, but then I remember that I watch a lot of reality TV, the kind with people on the edge -- Judge Judy, Jerry Springer (don't judge me!), White House press conferences, the various Real Housewives -- so I'm exposed to people at their worst.  I should watch more of the talent shows to balance things out. 

• Love 2

Every time the Salinas officer, Mitchell, who has the 5-o’clock shadow - looking facial hair is on, I expect him to tell me I’m being detained and then rip off his Velcro pants.  I think it’s the facial hair that screams ‘stripper!’ To me.  Not that I know anything about strippers, but still...

I want to know if the Pasco lady gets her dog back.  The thief was so annoying and her big dog looked fat and overfed...so now I can play judge and jury and steal her dog, right?

eta:  thanks, Harrie. Don’t know how I missed that!

Edited by VartanFan
  • Love 2
57 minutes ago, VartanFan said:

I want to know if the Pasco lady gets her dog back.  The thief was so annoying and her big dog looked fat and overfed...so now I can play judge and jury and steal her dog, right?

I think Dan Abrams followed up later in the show to say that the neighbor had taken the dog to Animal Control, and owner got him/her back. The dog was deemed to be in good shape, and no charges were filed or fines assessed to the owner.  I too thought that neighbor was out of line. 

• Love 4