Type keyword(s) to search

On Patrol: Live - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I did agility courses with my late border collie and he would get the same way when we got close to the course. The whole ride there he would be quiet and mellow just looking out the window but once we started getting close he would sound just like these guys and he would start pacing the back seat. Working/herding dogs live for their jobs. 

In a recent episode there was an aggressive pit bull on the property where the canine officer was. I had never thought about that happening, I always think about people shooting or stabbing the dogs when they send them after the bad guys but the thought of them coming across an aggressive dog had never occurred to me.  The thought of one of these beautiful canines coming across a dog trained to fight makes me cringe. 

• Love 3
On 8/13/2017 at 6:36 PM, Neurochick said:

I really agree with this.  Something from a recent episode really bothered me.  Two officers searched a car parked in front of a motel that was known for drugs and prostitution.  The women in the car had plastic bags filled with clothes, with the tags still on them.  Yes, they probably shoplifted that stuff.  Still it bothered me that the officers just searched the car because of where it was parked.  I feel that's one of those "slippery slope" situations, that could veer too close to being in a police state.

One of the females came out of the car with the bag of stolen items.  When looking in, they saw all the other bags.  The probable cause was the bag that the female brought out with her.  Someone told me that the female gave him permission to search the car.  I am unsure of that, I do remember them having a conversation.

• Love 1
On 8/12/2017 at 11:51 PM, Hero said:

Is it Officer McGhee you are talking about? I really like him. He is very well- spoken! He is also very calm which is nice. Some officers they show like to escalate things when it is not needed. I wish they would invite him to the studio.

We might think it's not needed but we aren't the ones doing that job.  Like I think the felony stops are a little over dramatic (pulling them over and then yelling at them to get out of the car at gunpoint) but some of these cops have been shot just by walking up to a car in a normal traffic stop - the one in AZ  (casey?) has been shot in the face in that very situation.  So to them, escalating things is what they need to do. They have procedures and it seems like they are all pretty similar across the states. 

On 8/13/2017 at 5:36 PM, Neurochick said:

I really agree with this.  Something from a recent episode really bothered me.  Two officers searched a car parked in front of a motel that was known for drugs and prostitution.  The women in the car had plastic bags filled with clothes, with the tags still on them.  Yes, they probably shoplifted that stuff.  Still it bothered me that the officers just searched the car because of where it was parked.  I feel that's one of those "slippery slope" situations, that could veer too close to being in a police state.

I would bet you 9 times out of 10 they find illegal things going on in that parking lot - that's why we see it a lot.  Never once have they been there and not found something.

On 8/15/2017 at 9:56 AM, iluvobx said:

One of the females came out of the car with the bag of stolen items.  When looking in, they saw all the other bags.  The probable cause was the bag that the female brought out with her.  Someone told me that the female gave him permission to search the car.  I am unsure of that, I do remember them having a conversation.

I do think they did end up with something for probable cause.  Soon you'd think that people in that area would learn and find a new motel sit in the parking lot and do sketchy stuff lol 

• Love 2
40 minutes ago, gunderda said:

We might think it's not needed but we aren't the ones doing that job.  Like I think the felony stops are a little over dramatic (pulling them over and then yelling at them to get out of the car at gunpoint) but some of these cops have been shot just by walking up to a car in a normal traffic stop - the one in AZ  (casey?) has been shot in the face in that very situation.  So to them, escalating things is what they need to do. They have procedures and it seems like they are all pretty similar across the states. 

I would bet you 9 times out of 10 they find illegal things going on in that parking lot - that's why we see it a lot.  Never once have they been there and not found something.

I do think they did end up with something for probable cause.  Soon you'd think that people in that area would learn and find a new motel sit in the parking lot and do sketchy stuff lol 

They never have.  That motel and the Obama station are well known in town to be what they are.  As they say, you never catch a smart criminal ;)

• Love 4
On 8/15/2017 at 7:56 AM, iluvobx said:

They had so much stolen stuff! How does a person steal so much and not get caught? It was crazy how they just kept pulling more and more clothes out of the car. 

• Love 3
On August 15, 2017 at 10:56 AM, iluvobx said:

But did the officers know the stuff was stolen when he initially saw her with the bag?  

What could have happened was the officers received a tip from someone.  The women were probably at that hotel to sell the stuff they stole and maybe someone tipped off the police.

On 8/13/2017 at 0:39 AM, Brattinella said:

You know, I used to be a total cop-supporter.  After viewing this show for a while, I am getting the message that cops WANT us to be afraid of them.  And some of them actually are sadists.  I know some folks will support them til the wheels fall off, but I will not be dissuaded from my opinion.

ETA:  There is one cop I admire, he is professional and well-spoken and obviously educated, he works for Jeffersonville PD.

I can see how it might make someone feel this way. Honestly for me though, I feel the opposite. I never really understood just how stressful this job can be. I knew, but I didn't KNOW. Now I see just how much nonsense they deal with every day and I can't imagine having the patience to handle it myself. I'd want to tell so many of these people off. I already do, just staring at my tv! I think mostly the cops are trying their best faced with some pretty bad odds.

• Love 4

Poole the bald guy in AZ is the guy who's name I was blanking on. He scares me. Anytime anyone says something about the military he doesn't like he gets angry, more agressive and the veins in his head start throbbing. I didn't realize tonight and tomorrow are the last shows of the season. I'm hoping that since it's live there won't be as much time between this one and the second due to nothing having to be filmed beforehand except following the on duty officers.

Edited by Jaded
  • Love 1

Okay, someone explain why these cops in Greenville County are not calling medics for this guy who was in an accident and is clearly messed up.  I mean, is it THAT important to arrest someone and NOT call an ambulance for an injured/sick person??

• Love 1
On 7/17/2017 at 2:01 PM, gunderda said:

You should see the Sheriff of Richland County.  Not bad for a man that is 64 and I think he could take on Mastrianni and might even win ;)

I keep tell my husband we should vacation in Richland County!

• Love 1
14 hours ago, PurpleGirl43 said:

I'm pretty sure the guy was listening to Drake.....sorry to burst your bubble, Cherrio, lol. 

I wasn't referring to the guys music on the radio.   Deputy Lawrence was asked by Dan Abrams (viewer question) what kind of music he liked. He answered Marvin Gaye.

Though I could be wrong about dreck if he said Drake. But it did sound like dreck to me.

Edited by Cherrio
  • Love 1

That made me sick. It looked like she still had a half a big cup of wine and she already couldn't drive, I kept imagining if she hadn't been caught and had kept drinking it while she drove.  Stupid bitch, I hope she was in jail for a long time. 

• Love 2
36 minutes ago, Maharincess said:

That made me sick. It looked like she still had a half a big cup of wine and she already couldn't drive, I kept imagining if she hadn't been caught and had kept drinking it while she drove.  Stupid bitch, I hope she was in jail for a long time. 

And she would have, too.  Drunk driving is SUCH an avoidable crime, easy to prevent.

• Love 3
On 8/19/2017 at 11:37 PM, Brattinella said:

Okay, someone explain why these cops in Greenville County are not calling medics for this guy who was in an accident and is clearly messed up.  I mean, is it THAT important to arrest someone and NOT call an ambulance for an injured/sick person??

Once a 911 call is placed, fire, police, and ambulance are dispatched.  It is possible that the ambulance was a distance away or there and the person refused medical treatment.  In most cases, the fire dept will be the first on the scene as they are never more than a few minutes away, where police or ambulance can be up to 15-30 mins away.  All depends on the location of where it is.  When I was involved in an accident, because of the location, it took locate fireman over 10 mins to get there, Highway Patrol arrived 30 mins later and then the ambulance rolled in after the Highway Patrol was on the scene.  It is a sad fact but it can happen. (So you can understand, the accident occurred on an interstate through a rural area and the car had gotten airborne and we were in a tree).

Edited by iluvobx
addition
  • Love 1
On 8/16/2017 at 2:12 PM, Jaded said:

Is Casey the bigger guy in AZ? I've been watching regularly for a few months but still get some of them mixed up when discussing the show online. 

No, officer Casey is the shorter of the two. I'm not sure of the taller officer's name.

On 8/13/2017 at 4:29 PM, Hero said:

Is anyone else sick of Tom saying "riding dirty?" It's getting pretty old. 

Officer "Sticks" Larsen rolls his eyes when Tom makes that old joke.

7 hours ago, MaggieG said:

Kevin Lawrence is definitly my favorite as well, I always perk up when I see him. 

I'm so bad with names but Spokane county has several tall, good looking officers as well. 

I agree! I really think the officer in Spokane, the one with the dog, is really good looking. 

• Love 1

Season 1 wrapped with 61 episodes! The show dominated the ratings for Fridays and Saturdays. It had one of the best live (non DVR) ratings of any TV show of the year.

Can you believe that A&E ordered just 8 espisodes for season 1 thinking this would be a low budget summer filler? I can't remember any other show in TV history that went from 8 to 61 episodes in its first season!

Glad to see it got renewed and will be retuning in October. I hope they add additional departments. I would really like to see city PD, maybe a spinoff series. NY, LA, Chicago, Miami would give a totally different perspective than what we are seeing on the current program which is more country PD.

• Love 7

I just started watching a couple of months ago, have they said how he got the name Sticks?  I think Sticks is as good looking or better in some cases as the officers are. He's a good looking guy. 

I have never liked Abrams, he's a little too...earnest for me. I guess that's a correct word to use. Every time I see the title of this thread I think of him because I always want him to SHUT UP ALREADY! 

• Love 1

Oh, Dear!  That guy who got stopped, and he is between 2 cars with 2 (at least) officers, and he declares "You will have to kill me first", before taking ONE STEP, and the officers pile on while he is screaming!  WTH did he expect telling the cops THAT?  It sounds like a challenge, stupid!  I think he has watched too many movies or something.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, chloerose2 said:

I am thinking we need to do a group vacay to Richland County and talk that Sheriff into letting us do ride-alongs with those good looking deputies!

I request riding with Officer Beary...lol

It would be my luck if I pulled up beside one of them, I would be that crazy middle aged lady hanging out the window blowing kisses at Kevin & Chris., Live PD would be filming.  Then Sheriff Lott would allow it to be shown.  Yep, that would be me.  No shame.  At least we do have some nice looking deputies. 

• Love 3

Poole the bald guy in AZ scares me. Anytime anyone says something about the military he doesn't like he gets angry, more aggressive and the veins in his head start throbbing. 

• Love 2

Tonight, Tonight!  It's back!

RCSD (Richland County)  will be back on it.  RCSD contract runs through Dec.  More of Beary, Lawrence and Mastranni (who is going to be a daddy).

Edited by iluvobx
  • Love 3