Type keyword(s) to search

On Patrol: Live - General Discussion

• Start Topic

On 6/22/2019 at 5:03 PM, slasherboy said:

And "I borrowed him my car."

I think that's on "Judge Judy" but it still makes my head explode.

I have so much admiration for those cops who run with all that gear on, and actually catch their guy.

When I still watched Judge Judy regularly people saying borrowed instead of lent would drive her crazy. It drives me crazy too.

I'm watching Saturday's episode now where the guy at the beginning got taken in for having a THC cartridge which is a felony in TX. If I got stopped when it was 85 degrees and humid where I am I guess some cop would be asking me why I was starting to sweat along with my face getting flushed when my anxiety is bad. I thought I heard something about him needing to deliver food or something too when he was first approached.  

• Love 1
(edited)

I'm really liking the tall, slender black officer from Indiana. He handles himself and tense situations very well. His interaction with the drunk dude whose disgusted girlfriend wouldn't give him a ride home ("Hell no.") made me laugh.

The agitated woman in the parking lot was obnoxious, but I feel the officer poked the bear instead of de-escalating the situation.

Was hoping we'd see some of beautiful historic Santa Fe, but so far just routine suburban stuff. Poor Officer Conklin drew all of the crazy straws.

ETA: Is the Indiana officer's surname Randal?

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Love 1
20 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

The woman who was pulled over about her license plate (in Williamson?) 

What a jerk.    It would have been a 30 second warning, and she turned it into a giant police call out, and that made me wonder what else she's up to?  

Between this and the guy parked in the handicap spot I learned that in Williamson county it does not pay to be cooperative. By raising Cain and making accusations you get let go with just a warning. Why admit to anything when you can act like a victim and have the police bend over backwards to stop you from showing out. They both should have been given tickets. Bad examples you are setting in Williamson. 

• Love 3
On ‎6‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 5:31 AM, silversage said:

I was surprised they did release the dog on the child abuse guy. He appeared stunned by the taser while on his knees trying to comprehend what was going on and not resisting. Seems the officers could have easily cuffed him at that time. Plus no one stopped the dog from biting once he was detained.  I heard the officer say he has a history of violent behavior so they did what they did. I'm not sticking up for the guy but the whole thing seemed off to me.

You betcha, that guy was a moron to play stupid games with the police. Play stupid games,win stupid prizes. Back in the day, police officers would have cracked a night stick over his head , that's what they call an attention getter.

• Love 2
(edited)
On Sunday, June 23, 2019 at 10:29 AM, anniebird said:

He has those ridiculous tattoos that look as if his 3 year-old drew them on with a magic marker,

OMG, those tattoos. You described them perfectly.

Is there a forum for Live Rescue? Not the Fox one. I can find it difficult finding shows on PT these days.

Edited by nokat
  • Love 1
On 6/24/2019 at 10:11 PM, nokat said:

OMG, those tattoos. You described them perfectly.

Is there a forum for Live Rescue? Not the Fox one. I can find it difficult finding shows on PT these days.

I haven’t been able to find a forum for live rescue. There is a way to start one or maybe we could just use this forum? If enough people want one I could start one.

On 6/23/2019 at 7:13 PM, Hellohappylife said:

I actually like this officer, and so far all of the other new OK officers. But I do think his tattoos look ridiculous . Marvel/Comic book tattoo themes can actually look really really good. But his look sloppy,too spaced out with all of that blue scribbled in. he has way too many colors going on so that the whole thing looks like a kids artwork.

lol, i only watch LivePD very sporadically but I had to pop in here and just see if anyone else had noticed this guy.  Those tats are terrible!  And a shirt two sizes too small doesn't help.  The officer looks to be playing to the cameras pretty hard...but yeesh, that's some low-grade body art.

• Love 2

I just watched last night's new episode. I wish that cops would avoid pontificating about things that they know not much about. One cop said that the suspect had a BAC of .21 which he then said that meant that 21% of his blood volume was alcohol. He was only off by a factor of 100. When they go into detail on firearms issues, they frequently go well beyond their knowledge. And don't get me started on the phrase "rate of speed".

• Love 4
6 hours ago, DoctorK said:

I just watched last night's new episode. I wish that cops would avoid pontificating about things that they know not much about. One cop said that the suspect had a BAC of .21 which he then said that meant that 21% of his blood volume was alcohol. He was only off by a factor of 100. When they go into detail on firearms issues, they frequently go well beyond their knowledge. And don't get me started on the phrase "rate of speed".

Well at least they know something about these things.  One thing that I have learned from watching this show is that most cops are total jerks about things they no nothing about.  Like the time when one guy had tons of fake money he said he bought from wish.com.  He was explaining it in detail but the cop basically dismissed him as he was crazy or high.  There are dozens of vendors that sell fake US currency on Wish.  Now why he had it was probably for nefarious purposes, but the cop didn't need to give such attitude.

• Love 3

I’m behind on my dvr shows so catching up with the episode June 22, 2019. The officer Brian Thomas in Williamson County seems condescending and confrontational. 

Live PD - back again!  On Friday - I was totally with the guy in TX who was telling Kennedy that he uses Miguel and Michael interchangeably.  Kennedy was being a total dick about it, that he was trying to 'hide' his identity when he gave him his real SSN.  

On Saturday - I was so hoping for the dog to come to the traffic stop with Calicoat and the lady who didn't know she was coming out of a drug hotel.  Her whole 'i'm a student!' and 'i'm a single mother!' made me loathe her.  One has nothing to do with the other - - -then bring your license with you.  She was a jerk. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, VartanFan said:

Live PD - back again!  On Friday - I was totally with the guy in TX who was telling Kennedy that he uses Miguel and Michael interchangeably.  Kennedy was being a total dick about it, that he was trying to 'hide' his identity when he gave him his real SSN.  

On Saturday - I was so hoping for the dog to come to the traffic stop with Calicoat and the lady who didn't know she was coming out of a drug hotel.  Her whole 'i'm a student!' and 'i'm a single mother!' made me loathe her.  One has nothing to do with the other - - -then bring your license with you.  She was a jerk. 

I agree that the student/single mother comments had nothing to do with her receiving the citations, but I thought Officer Calicoat was rude, condescending  and so unprofessional throughout the encounter. He acted the same during the stop with the 60-year-old man. I’m done watching him.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, VartanFan said:

OK, so if I have outstanding warrants and my legal name is john, I can tell the cops that my name is Juan, Ian or Sean because those are are my name in different languages? If he gave his real SSN then maybe the cop could have been a little mor relaxed, but once you give a phony name, he or she is probably going to be suspicious.

• Love 6

I think Kennedy asked him what name is on his driver's license was and his name on it was Miguel. The idiot got what was coming to him, yea, lie to the police see how that goes, probably not very well,lol.  What is up with all the adults( most over 35 it seems)  who still need to call Mommy or Daddy to come bail them out of trouble?

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
On 7/15/2019 at 10:53 PM, One4Sorrow2TooBad said:

I think Kennedy asked him what name is on his driver's license was and his name on it was Miguel. The idiot got what was coming to him, yea, lie to the police see how that goes, probably not very well,lol.  What is up with all the adults( most over 35 it seems)  who still need to call Mommy or Daddy to come bail them out of trouble?

Believe it or not, millennials are in that age range now.  They're all about calling mommy and daddy for help.  

• Love 1
On 7/10/2019 at 10:37 AM, VartanFan said:

I'm beginning to think this is a qualification for work on that County...

On 7/10/2019 at 10:37 AM, VartanFan said:
On 7/10/2019 at 2:12 AM, sonder said:

in Williamson County seems condescending and confrontational. 

I agree

what a bunch of jerks    

Just now Lucera has a bitchy attitude the minute he stops the ice cream guy. And he just got a promotion?     For what?  Ok, he won the biggest asshole of the month award.

I did love the two guys at the beginning that was so excited to be on LivePD and it was his birthday! The cop who pulled him over sung Happy Birthday to him along with the friend in the car.

I'm glad they told us what happened to the dog when they found the guy who sped from them and his dog in the field or creek or whatever that was. The cops said tie the dog's leash to the tree and then we didn't see the dog when they were taking the guy to the car.

• Love 2
(edited)

Tonight's officer in Williamson  County TX is 100x better to watch than Kennedy or Luera.  He wasn't a 100% jerk.  Side note - that haul from the attorney was bananas.  Methinks he will lose his license after this.

Not impressed with the Lafayette guys.

Why is Muskitt in Salinas suddenly wearing jeans?  That sees weird - did he get promoted?

Edited by VartanFan
  • Love 1
On 7/20/2019 at 6:40 AM, andromeda331 said:

I did love the two guys at the beginning that was so excited to be on LivePD and it was his birthday! The cop who pulled him over sung Happy Birthday to him along with the friend in the car.

I'm glad they told us what happened to the dog when they found the guy who sped from them and his dog in the field or creek or whatever that was. The cops said tie the dog's leash to the tree and then we didn't see the dog when they were taking the guy to the car.

Me too.  I always worry when someone is pulled over and they have a dog with them, or are in a  wreck and their pet is in the car.  Did you see that one moron a while back that had hiss cat sitting on his shoulder?

Oh, did you see that stupid woman (supposedly in a gang) last night who went to buy a cat then changed her  mind and wanted her deposit back?  She stole the woman's phone (who had the cats) and her justification to the police for doing that was that the woman "left it out for me to take"'.  I wanted to smack her in the mouth sooooo bad and am glad she didn't get the cat.

• Love 6
10 hours ago, VartanFan said:

Tonight's officer in Williamson  County TX is 100x better to watch than Kennedy or Luera.  He wasn't a 100% jerk.  Side note - that haul from the attorney was bananas.  Methinks he will lose his license after this.

Not impressed with the Lafayette guys.

Why is Muskitt in Salinas suddenly wearing jeans?  That sees weird - did he get promoted?

Luera is such an asshole. He’s always starts out aggressively rude with people and then wonders why it escalates. He needs to take some notes from the Richland officers in how he Interacts with people. 

Muskitt was wearing jeans because it’s Rodeo Week in Salinas, which is apparently a big deal....

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
19 hours ago, slasherboy said:

Oh, did you see that stupid woman (supposedly in a gang) last night who went to buy a cat then changed her  mind and wanted her deposit back?  She stole the woman's phone (who had the cats) and her justification to the police for doing that was that the woman "left it out for me to take"'.  I wanted to smack her in the mouth sooooo bad and am glad she didn't get the cat.

Actually I think her aunt was going to buy the cat, then cancelled the purchase. But the buyers, counting their kittens before the births, had spent the money so wouldn't be able to refund until they had new buyers ready; or something like that. 

The woman herself had no cat in the race but was just trying to get money (I wonder for what purposes... hmmm....). 

Of course it didn't help that she had one of the most annoying voice tones I've ever heard on TV and she just Would Not Shut Up despite the fact that she was only digging herself in deeper and deeper trouble. 

I did wonder a bit with the officer 'searching' her by pulling up her shirt back to get the phone. Usually the male cops seem to be extra careful about touching female suspects, let alone tugging at their clothing. He was either caught up in the moment, or felt it was so obvious (and obviously on camera and on live) that it would be a safe search move. 

• Love 2
On 7/21/2019 at 4:20 PM, slasherboy said:

Me too.  I always worry when someone is pulled over and they have a dog with them, or are in a  wreck and their pet is in the car.  Did you see that one moron a while back that had hiss cat sitting on his shoulder?

I remember the cat sitting on his shoulder! I never seen a cat just hanging out relaxing on a shoulder like that. That's one thing that does surprise me on this show and other similar shows is how calm dogs and cats are when the cops show up. I'm so used dogs ready to attack anyone in uniform or in my house anyone who comes to the door. But so many come up to be petted or don't seem to care at all.

I still laugh at the suspect either on this or Live PD Cam that after leading the cops on a car chase bails out at field and runs only to have a bunch of cows following. 

Did you see the Live Rescue with the kitten stuck up in a tree? The fire department arriving to get the kitten down? I've always heard they did that and all the jokes of course but never actually seen it happening. I liked that they had vet on hand (although I think her clinic was nearby) to check on the kitten after they got it down. 

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, andromeda331 said:

I remember the cat sitting on his shoulder!

Better yet was when the cop was patting him down, the cat walked across the suspect's shoulder and over onto the cop's back and settled down there. Certainly lightened up the situation.

• LOL 4
(edited)

I remember the cow chase of the running woman.     The helicopter pilot or observer actually said "I think the cows are going to attack her".   No, the cows connect people with food, and were chasing a possible source of food.     Because the cattle are probably used to people bringing food out to them, and the remark the pilot made was so funny, because I doubt they would be following the woman except out of curiosity, or because they hoped she had grain or pellets for them.   

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

No, the cows connect people with food, and were chasing a possible source of food.    

I have been around cows a few times. Their life is really boring and they will react to anything out of the ordinary. Unless they are mutant carnivorous cows, then they may have been going after food. Seems only fair.

• Love 3
10 hours ago, DoctorK said:

Unless they are mutant carnivorous cows, then they may have been going after food. Seems only fair.

I think they meant that the cows associated the person with bringing them either grain or hay

• Love 5
(edited)

No, I mean that the cows are used to having food delivered by humans, and they probably were curious about the running human, and maybe thought she was bringing them food.    

Actually, maybe the cows wanted to get on camera, and want their own reality show.   It seems that every creature on earth wants that any more.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1
On ‎7‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 2:14 PM, cynicat said:

Believe it or not, millennials are in that age range now.  They're all about calling mommy and daddy for help.  

Saturday night they had the drunk guy, ( looked about 45-50) wanting to give his neighbor a hard time,police show up, the drunk takes his shirt off and keeps acting like an idiot and again,  low and behold, he's living with Mommy , what is up with that???? 

• Love 3
(edited)

Did anyone catch the 'stolen' car from Santa Fe?  It was a couple of weeks ago, and is on the Live PD: Rewind tonight.     The woman is so drunk, the husband is beyond drunk, the car has an interlock device (to prevent drunk driving), and they claim it was just stolen from her driveway.    Except the car turns up at a parking lot at a park, with witnesses that know the car was there when they arrived, and know exactly how long they've been there.    It turned out that the car wasn't stolen, but the woman or man (not sure exactly what happened) actually parked it in the parking lot at least the day before.     It turned out the car was wrecked, and the woman later admitted it was never stolen. 

Officer suspects they wrecked it, and parked it elsewhere, and claim that the car was stolen. 

This is the same episode with the man who had shampoo in his eyes, explaining why his eyes are so red, and has the huge joint that looks like a super sized burrito.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Did anyone catch the 'stolen' car from Santa Fe?  It was a couple of weeks ago, and is on the Live PD: Rewind tonight.     The woman is so drunk, the husband is beyond drunk, the car has an interlock device (to prevent drunk driving), and they claim it was just stolen from her driveway.    Except the car turns up at a parking lot at a park, with witnesses that know the car was there when they arrived, and know exactly how long they've been there.    It turned out that the car wasn't stolen, but the woman or man (not sure exactly what happened) actually parked it in the parking lot at least the day before.     It turned out the car was wrecked, and the woman later admitted it was never stolen. 

Officer suspects they wrecked it, and parked it elsewhere, and claim that the car was stolen. 

This is the same episode with the man who had shampoo in his eyes, explaining why his eyes are so red, and has the huge joint that looks like a super sized burrito.  

I remember. That was a crazy one. The cop kept noting how calm both were despite the car supposedly taking right out of their driveway. The woman's story kept changing. First she was cleaning out her car and just went inside, then had been inside for twenty minutes. Not exactly sure which one crashed it since they both were so drunk.

• Love 2

I'm laughing at the stupidity in Richland County on tonight's Tuesday episode.  The guy goes 'how did you get in the glove compartment?  I told you you could search the CAR but I didn't say nothing about the glove compartment."  Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhh??????

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, VartanFan said:

I'm laughing at the stupidity in Richland County on tonight's Tuesday episode.  The guy goes 'how did you get in the glove compartment?  I told you you could search the CAR but I didn't say nothing about the glove compartment."  Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhh??????

I told my wife when we were watching that the officer should have told him “then what are you worried about?  If what I did was not right, your lawyer will have an easy win in court. “

I know this is an unpopular opinion here, but I actually think that Kennedy in Williamson county is not as bad as he was at first. Not sure if he was just nervous and overreacting at first or if he was told to bring it down a notch. He seems to be trying to be friendly a lot of times now. Like when he asked the guy to show him the turbo he added to his piece of junk car. 

• Love 6
58 minutes ago, Dbolt said:

I told my wife when we were watching that the officer should have told him “then what are you worried about?  If what I did was not right, your lawyer will have an easy win in court. “

I know this is an unpopular opinion here, but I actually think that Kennedy in Williamson county is not as bad as he was at first. Not sure if he was just nervous and overreacting at first or if he was told to bring it down a notch. He seems to be trying to be friendly a lot of times now. Like when he asked the guy to show him the turbo he added to his piece of junk car. 

He really was really excited about that car. I kept expecting him to ask if he could take it for a spin. I did like how nice he was with the woman with her car pack to the brim.

Was anyone else disappointed in Saturday's episode they didn't find the rat that apparently did backflips?

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

Offficer Graves is hot.  As is Officer Kingery. 

Lt. Kennedy does seem pretty friendly, which I noticed last week.  Usually he's sort of an asshole so wondered what was was up.  Seems so fake now.

Edited by KLJ
  • Love 1
18 hours ago, CouchTater said:

Anyone an Office fan?  Lt. Kennedy from Williamson County, TX reminds me of Andy Bernard, and that's not a compliment.

Kennedy also has some ticks (constantly touching his face).  He's annoying.

Is he the one who lost his shit last week with excitement about the souped up beater car with the giant engine cut out on the hood?

• Love 2
14 hours ago, Aileen said:

Is he the one who lost his shit last week with excitement about the souped up beater car with the giant engine cut out on the hood?

It looked like he put a huge Cuisinart Food Processor in his engine. It reminded me of the Flux-Capacitor. "Back To The Kitchen"!

I discovered this show only 2 months ago. Stuff can be so hilarious.

Tonight they showed 2 drunk, older guys in a trailer home. One had called the cops on the other one about his misplaced/stolen scooter. The officers tell us these guys are frequent flyers with them. The officers are in the doorway, the 2 older guys are arguing back and forth. A random cat wanders in the place. Older guy says, "that's not my cat". The officer says, "remember when I was here last time and your cat got out the door?... I brought you another one". 

Edited by TexasTiffany
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
On 6/22/2019 at 8:11 AM, cynicat said:

Why is everybody running?  Do they really think they have good odds?  I'm starting to feel like a total nerd for actually having a drivers license, registration and insurance. Clearly I'm a sucker because no one else seems to have them.

I talk back at the tv over this. I work in a customer service job where I sometimes have to ask a customer for their driver's license. You wouldn't believe how many people do not have their driver's license or some form of ID with them. Some people tell me they haven't seen it in a couple of years. Unbelievable!

When the officers do the field sobriety test, I already know half the people won't or can't follow the simple instructions, whether they're drunk or not. All day long at my job I have to ask customers what are seemingly simple questions to most of us. However, about 1/2 the people I'm talking to don't remember their social security number and it's noticeable after a second that they are making up a number as I'm talking to them. They don't remember their own phone number. They look on their phone to find their phone number and enter it into the keypad incorrectly 4 to 5 times. Several people actually told me they didn't know their own date of birth. I help people all day long and it's exasperating. I can't imagine what it's like to be one of these officers dealing with that and the other pressures going on. 

(I know that some of the people they stop are purposely not giving their info to hide their identity b/c they have warrants or something.)

Edited by TexasTiffany
  • Love 3
19 hours ago, Aileen said:

I was pretty impressed by the kid myself. Taking out a gas engine and replacing it with a turbocharged deisel AND getting it to work is a major accomplishment, especially for an amateur mechanic. He even did all of the exhaust plumbing to route the exhaust flow through the turbo and out of the car. If Kennedy is a car guy, it would make sense that he would be impressed with the work.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, DoctorK said:

I was pretty impressed by the kid myself. Taking out a gas engine and replacing it with a turbocharged deisel AND getting it to work is a major accomplishment, especially for an amateur mechanic. He even did all of the exhaust plumbing to route the exhaust flow through the turbo and out of the car. If Kennedy is a car guy, it would make sense that he would be impressed with the work.

It was impressive, but he's also SUPER excitable about basically anything.

• Love 1