Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

Live PD

Recommended Posts

On 7/21/2017 at 8:38 PM, surveyandprotect1 said:

Can we talk about how "live" this show actually is? The press releases about the show indicate its only delayed by a minute or so to catch bad language.

I'm finding the live part hard to believe and I'll tell you why. I'm in the same time zone and relative geographic area as some of the departments featured on the show. The sun will be set at my house by an hour plus and yet they are showing a "live" episode where the sun is still illuminating the scene. If I cross reference the sunset time in the county where the department is located I'm unable to explain the sun on a "live" episode.

People have said that the cameras can actually pick up more light than you would see in person.  So I think that's part of it. but I definitely think it's at least a 30 min delay

On 7/22/2017 at 9:45 PM, surveyandprotect1 said:

Can I also bring up the fact that it would be nearly impossible for this show to actually be live as nobody appearing on a live show had the option to opt out? Its well known that COPS requires a release to be signed before anyone appears on the show. Some of the best moments on COPS have never aired because they couldn't get the release signed. How would someone sign a release on a live broadcast?

That's why you never see anyone's face blurred when it is live.  When they do the 'recorded earlier" segments, those people do get to have their faces blurred.  90% of these people freak out when they see the camera man and they are still shown.

 

On 7/23/2017 at 0:02 AM, Brattinella said:

Okay, Trooper Poole is an asshole.  That girl PASSED all the tests, and it IS a pass/fail for sobriety.  He is full of shit and I hope she uses this footage for her defense.

She didn't.  When first started the steps she didn't do them correctly and she almost fell once.  Not to mentioned she counted them wrong. 

On 7/23/2017 at 7:15 AM, Schnickelfritz said:

And she counted every other step. (failure to follow directions) And we have no idea what her horizontal gaze nystagmus  results were. Can't remember if he did the vertical for drugs or not. She'll get her blood test.

Anyone know if you can get a ticket for driving impaired due to lack of sleep? That's pretty impaired if you ask me.

 

On 7/23/2017 at 7:20 AM, Brattinella said:

Didn't Poole say he was a "specialist at detecting drugs" in the behavior/appearance?  If so, why didn't he?

He said the staying up for days and then suddenly sleeping was a common result of using meth - so he suspected she was coming off meth usage. 

 

I think some of the departments would have allowed her to call someone to get a ride but maybe it's zero tolerance in AZ? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

I just figures they use the term earlier, because it has a broad meaning.  I think sometimes it is earlier in the week.  We also comment about the light or lack of outside.

Share this post


Link to post
On 7/24/2017 at 3:48 PM, gunderda said:

 

That's why you never see anyone's face blurred when it is live.  When they do the 'recorded earlier" segments, those people do get to have their faces blurred.  90% of these people freak out when they see the camera man and they are still shown.

I noticed that. The playback is blurred but the live is not. The problem is that the law doesn't differentiate between live and recorded TV broadcast in relation to releases or waivers.

Share this post


Link to post

I don't want to sound like an asshole but the overweight woman cop who was winded just walking from her car to the house really shouldn't be a police officer.  She was the officer who responded to the call about the dad who threw the glass and hit his minor son.   I'm sorry but I would be pissed if I called the police for help and she showed up barely breathing after the long walk from the car. 

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post

A lot of people on the Live PD Facebook page were talking about her. They were wondering how she would chase a subject if need be if she is so winded from just walking. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

The chase in richland county toward the end with the two cops was a clusterfuck and that's why I watch this show. Girl cop got tazed by accident, dude cop got all flustered. I shouldn't have been as amused by that as I was.

This scene also made me wonder something on the flipside of a comment above about the over weight officer. Should a cop that small and weak be allowed to work? I'm not talking gender, I know in this case it was a woman, but there are some small guys too that wouldn't be able to hold down a suspect to save their lives.

Is there a fitness requirement to be a cop? I wanna know that if I call for help they'll send me someone who's NOT obese, but who IS strong enough to tackle another human and hold them at bay.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

I thought she got tazed by accident too but back in the studio, they said she didn't.  They said it looked like she injured her wrist when the guy first flung her.  Then when she was trying to cuff him, it got twisted or enough pressure on it to cause her more pain.  Either way, it was a complete mess.  That whole scene was intense and her little squeaky "authority" voice telling the guy to stop resisting was just pathetic.  I got anxious just watching on tv.  What was she going to do if than had been able to go for a gun?  Tell him to please put it down?  I'm mean I'm really glad she wasn't severely hurt but man, that situation could have gotten seriously bad, seriously quick.  And she didn't look like she had any gear on her other than a vest.  It was scary.

8 hours ago, rideashire said:

This scene also made me wonder something on the flipside of a comment above about the over weight officer. Should a cop that small and weak be allowed to work? I'm not talking gender, I know in this case it was a woman, but there are some small guys too that wouldn't be able to hold down a suspect to save their lives.

100% agree.  I feel like both the larger lady and the smaller lady could better serve their communities in other ways.  Schools, hospitals, female searches, dispatch, intake, investigations, etc. and still keep themselves safer than being on the street patrols.  Anything can happen anywhere but let's be honest here.  We saw the shoplift girl, who then was breaking into a house, put her finger in a different woman officer's face and told her, "If you ever put your hands on me like that again..."  That officer had that girl's wrist behind her back and putting cuffs on before the girl could finish that sentence.  Look, I'm not trying to shame anyone or take away from their accomplishments.  I just felt like how safe could any person, having a hard time breathing or smaller than one arm of a suspect, keep me if shit hits the fan and I need help?  

Anyway, since it's 10° in Obama month today, I think we should plan on taking a swim in the pool at the blue door motel and play some Bingo next weekend.  This show is the best thing on television for me.  I turn it on Friday and watch clear through until Sunday morning.  Even the reruns and rewinds.  I might need help.  Lol

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post

Jeez. If I call 911, I hope Deputy Katie isn't dispatched to help me out. Between her seemingly weak stature and her whiney, non-authoritative voice, I do believe I could handle things better on my own (and I'm a woman too.) She was so incredibly flustered too and acted like a young kid who just got hit by a dodgeball. Shrieking about how her radio fell or some such nonsense. It was embarrassing to watch. Not to mention extremely dangerous because Dep. Katie was completely useless. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

I felt bad for thinking that her voice is obnoxious. She sounds like she is constantly asking a question.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Suzy123 said:

I felt bad for thinking that her voice is obnoxious. She sounds like she is constantly asking a question.

Don't feel bad, it is obnoxious. She's not even trying to dig a little deeper and put a heavier tone in her voice.

I sound more serious than she does when I'm telling my dogs to "knock it off" compared to her trying to subdue this suspect.  No excuse, if I can make my dogs take notice and be like "oh shit, she's serious." then Katie can muster up some deeper words when she's on the job protecting the city. ;)

Quote

Anyway, since it's 10° in Obama month today, I think we should plan on taking a swim in the pool at the blue door motel and play some Bingo next weekend.  This show is the best thing on television for me.  I turn it on Friday and watch clear through until Sunday morning.  Even the reruns and rewinds.  I might need help.  Lol

Thanks for that, I snorted my coffee! And I might also need Live PD rehab because I have the same watching schedule as you.

Edited by rideashire
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

The officer in Jeffersonville, IN with the tattoos on his arm is really sexy. Also the Officer in Lake County, IL, with the Brown hair(forgot his name) is really good looking.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 7/30/2017 at 2:36 AM, rideashire said:

The chase in richland county toward the end with the two cops was a clusterfuck and that's why I watch this show. Girl cop got tazed by accident, dude cop got all flustered. I shouldn't have been as amused by that as I was.

This scene also made me wonder something on the flipside of a comment above about the over weight officer. Should a cop that small and weak be allowed to work? I'm not talking gender, I know in this case it was a woman, but there are some small guys too that wouldn't be able to hold down a suspect to save their lives.

Is there a fitness requirement to be a cop? I wanna know that if I call for help they'll send me someone who's NOT obese, but who IS strong enough to tackle another human and hold them at bay.

Sheriff Lott does have a major fitness program for his deputies.  She was pushed and she injured her wrist when she tried to brace herself when she was pushed down.  She is not the wimp some think she is.  Richland County Sheriff's Dept has a website that you can check them all out on.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

I thought Sgt Tapler was pretty good as the in studio guest this weekend. He seemed relaxed and had some good commentary. Hope they have him come back.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

i think the officer that hurt her wrist was the same one that first assisted Mastrianni on his crazy situation with the guy who flipped his car with the kid. Maybe her high pitched/loud STOP STOP STOP is effective sometimes?

Share this post


Link to post
23 hours ago, iluvobx said:

Sheriff Lott does have a major fitness program for his deputies.  She was pushed and she injured her wrist when she tried to brace herself when she was pushed down.  She is not the wimp some think she is.  Richland County Sheriff's Dept has a website that you can check them all out on.

Maybe Sheriff Lott needs to explore some wrestling tactics in his fitness program?  She might not be a wimp, I'm her size.  I raised three boys that outgrew me by the age of 12.  Trust and believe I know how to pull air into my deepest, darkest part of  my lungs and deepen my voice.  Stupid 14 year olds will do that to a person.  6 years of being a wrestler mom helped, too.  She could have helped, but she didn't.  Keep in mind there was camera, sound, and production crew there, as well.  He had a whole lot of lives in his hands that night, not just his.  His fight or flight must have been on 100.

Edited by MissMel

Share this post


Link to post
37 minutes ago, MissMel said:

Maybe Sheriff Lott needs to explore some wrestling tactics in his fitness program?  She might not be a wimp, I'm her size.  I raised three boys that outgrew me by the age of 12.  Trust and believe I know how to pull air into my deepest, darkest part of  my lungs and deepen my voice.  Stupid 14 year olds will do that to a person.  6 years of being a wrestler mom helped, too.  She could have helped, but she didn't.  Keep in mind there was camera, sound, and production crew there, as well.  He had a whole lot of lives in his hands that night, not just his.  His fight or flight must have been on 100.

You should read up on the Sheriff's Dept fitness program.  It makes CrossFit look wimpy.  At the end of the day, she really can't help her voice and she is a good Deputy.   She is not one of the ones that Live PD follows, she is one that will occasionally "pop" up, like Lt. Curtis Wilson.  He is usually there but not always identified. 

While on the subject of RCSD, please say a pray for them as they lost one of their own Friday night, so it has been difficult for them.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

I'm not trying to be argumentative, I get it.  What we saw on the show didn't show that of her.  That's all.

2 hours ago, iluvobx said:

While on the subject of RCSD, please say a pray for them as they lost one of their own Friday night, so it has been difficult for them.

I saw that.  I shared it on my FB.  Sheriff Lott is totally correct that suicide is something that needs to be talked about.  My sister's anniversary was three months ago and my brother-in-law's is in 3 days.  Same year.  Death is hard enough.  When a person takes their life, it's harder.  It leaves a whole lot of unanswered questions.  My heart and prayers go out to all of them. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
On 8/1/2017 at 0:02 PM, MissMel said:

I'm not trying to be argumentative, I get it.  What we saw on the show didn't show that of her.  That's all.

I saw that.  I shared it on my FB.  Sheriff Lott is totally correct that suicide is something that needs to be talked about.  My sister's anniversary was three months ago and my brother-in-law's is in 3 days.  Same year.  Death is hard enough.  When a person takes their life, it's harder.  It leaves a whole lot of unanswered questions.  My heart and prayers go out to all of them. 

Several years after the suicide death of one of my loved ones, I finally feel like I've left the Anger stage and moved into Acceptance. 

 

The reality of suicide doesn't end with the death of someone. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Watching some reruns today and would like to know if calling a random person "Boss" is a universal thing now, or just a cop thing, because it's like nails on a chalkboard to me and I wish they'd quit that. It sounds really condescending as well, which is never good.

Please, cops who do this, if you are reading this stop calling everyone you meet Boss. Thank you ever so much.

Share this post


Link to post

Alyssa Wright of the Jeffersonville Indiana police department needs to be fired.  She is a poseur and escalates every single incident into violence against anyone she can!  She is so unprofessional I can't understand how anyone can post in her favor.  Maybe because she is a (semi)-pretty blonde?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, Brattinella said:

Alyssa Wright of the Jeffersonville Indiana police department needs to be fired.  She is a poseur and escalates every single incident into violence against anyone she can!  She is so unprofessional I can't understand how anyone can post in her favor.  Maybe because she is a (semi)-pretty blonde?

It looked to me like that guy was asking for it. He's covered in blood, tries to shut the gate on her more than once, looks shady as hell, here comes a dog too, I don't blame her for forcing her way in and trying to detain him. She's by herself there, not sure it would have been better to let this dude just chill behind the gate who knows if he's armed? She couldn't be sure someone else wouldn't come out to back him up any second.

Then his girlfriend jumps in out of the blue and covers him with her body like they're in some damn romance novel, it was ridiculous. I think Alyssa handled it really well especially since she had two people to keep hold of!

Idk, I'd feel pretty safe if she showed up at my door if I called the cops for help.

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post

She did great taking those two down! That guy came at her and then his huge girlfriend jumped on her back! Props to Alyssa for handling all that!

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

The only thing I really have to say about this show is that I'm glad it seemed like they figured out when to switch to other cameras. At the start it seemed like EVERY time something good was happening, it would cut out to the millionth DUI traffic stop and then when that was over, give you an update on how the chase/finding a suspect/fight went. I almost stopped watching because I was so annoyed with basically seeing like an hour of DUI test fails every night.

As for the blond chick cop, she seems like a bitch sometimes but this time I don't blame her at all, especially since that huge girlfriend turned out to be freaking nuts.

Edited by missnoa
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
32 minutes ago, missnoa said:

The only thing I really have to say about this show is that I'm glad it seemed like they figured out when to switch to other cameras. At the start it seemed like EVERY time something good was happening, it would cut out to the millionth DUI traffic stop and then when that was over, give you an update on how the chase/finding a suspect/fight went. I almost stopped watching because I was so annoyed with basically seeing like an hour of DUI test fails every night.

As for the blond chick cop, she seems like a bitch sometimes but this time I don't blame her at all, especially since that huge girlfriend turned out to be freaking nuts.

I agree. She can be a bitch sometimes. But this time when the girlfriend turned on her. I was worried for her. That really could have turned out really bad for the cop. Did anyone see Friday night's episode with the car chase through Spokane? Heading towards the Idaho border? 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

Did anyone see Friday night's episode with the car chase through Spokane? Heading towards the Idaho border? 

As I was half watching it, I forgot I wasn't watching a movie. Then I remembered an was practically on the edge of my seat. Then the commercial break interrupted. Amazing than no one got injured in a crash. 

 

As as far as the bitch thing, sometimes a woman get in situations where she may be called a bitch. I imagine a cop gets in a lot of those situations. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, 4Sibes Redux said:

As I was half watching it, I forgot I wasn't watching a movie. Then I remembered an was practically on the edge of my seat. Then the commercial break interrupted. Amazing than no one got injured in a crash. 

 

As as far as the bitch thing, sometimes a woman get in situations where she may be called a bitch. I imagine a cop gets in a lot of those situations. 

So was I. It is amazing there was no crash. I liked that the cops explained they could continue the chase into Idaho.  Clearly the driver didn't know what. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, andromeda331 said:

So was I. It is amazing there was no crash. I liked that the cops explained they could continue the chase into Idaho.  Clearly the driver didn't know what. 

That was a hell of a chase!  I was breathless at the end, so glad no one got hurt!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

This is an update of Sr. Deputy K. Jasak from RCSD:

"Sr. Dep Jasak suffered a fractured wrist and will be in a cast for a few weeks but is doing extremely well! The suspect in that incident was charged with drug possession and assault on a police officer while resisting arrest."

Her cast is above the elbow.  :(  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

I'm finally watching the episode from 8/4. 

Oooh, I'm pretty sure my usually low-ish blood pressure spiked when Trooper Casey was investigating that parked car and I heard that kid say he's 16. Grrr! I'm really happy the kid was honest. 

It was obvious something sexual was up, but  when I heard the kid say his age, I physically reacted.

 I figured there was going to be meth and that the young man had probably been propositioned, but having it verified did me in. 

I'm so glad that freaking piece of crap driver went to jail, so glad he's facing sex charges involving a CHILD, and so glad that Casey intervened on behalf of the young man.

There's a chance he might be a runaway, living on the streets, a chance it's how he supports himself, or maybe it was just a one-time thing. Either way, I hope Trooper Casey or someone connected him to some resources.  

My heart breaks for what he may be doing to survive and/or what could have happened even just that one time.

Trooper Casey was rightfully pissed. When he heard the young man say "16" , Casey let out an audible groan. I bet he wanted to choke that fucker. I know I did. :(

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
On August 8, 2017 at 7:00 PM, Scorpiosunshine said:

I'm so glad that freaking piece of crap driver went to jail, so glad he's facing sex charges involving a CHILD, and so glad that Casey intervened on behalf of the young man.

I appreciated what Casey said to the young man.  If you remember when Casey searched the car, he found drugs AND a gun.  Casey then told the young man that he probably would have ended up dead in the desert(?), had he not intervened. That sent chills down my spine.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

So I guess jumping on a car, scratching it up and trying to get in a window is now a dog alerting to drugs? Um...no. That's not how this works. That's not how any of this works. What the fuck kind of indication is that? A jacked one, that's what. If the dog was even indicating at all, which is questionable. I think the cop just said he was, banking on the fact that no one would know the difference.

The more dog handling I see on this show the more disappointed I am.

Edited by rideashire
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
14 hours ago, rideashire said:

So I guess jumping on a car, scratching it up and trying to get in a window is now a dog alerting to drugs? Um...no. That's not how this works. That's not how any of this works. What the fuck kind of indication is that? A jacked one, that's what. If the dog was even indicating at all, which is questionable. I think the cop just said he was, banking on the fact that no one would know the difference.

The more dog handling I see on this show the more disappointed I am.

I thought when a dog indicates he/she sits down.  Totally agree with your post.

I also keep wondering about the damage to the car?   Doesn't matter if its old or brand new, I would be pissed.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

You know, I used to be a total cop-supporter.  After viewing this show for a while, I am getting the message that cops WANT us to be afraid of them.  And some of them actually are sadists.  I know some folks will support them til the wheels fall off, but I will not be dissuaded from my opinion.

 

ETA:  There is one cop I admire, he is professional and well-spoken and obviously educated, he works for Jeffersonville PD.

Edited by Brattinella

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, Brattinella said:

You know, I used to be a total cop-supporter.  After viewing this show for a while, I am getting the message that cops WANT us to be afraid of them.  And some of them actually are sadists.  I know some folks will support them til the wheels fall off, but I will not be dissuaded from my opinion.

 

ETA:  There is one cop I admire, he is professional and well-spoken and obviously educated, he works for Jeffersonville PD.

Is it Officer McGhee you are talking about? I really like him. He is very well- spoken! He is also very calm which is nice. Some officers they show like to escalate things when it is not needed. I wish they would invite him to the studio.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
20 minutes ago, Brattinella said:

Yes, I think it is Officer McGhee, tall, black hair?

That's him! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

From what I understand, a lot of drug dogs will alert by scratching/digging as opposed to bomb dogs which will do a passive alert like sitting, because, bombs. I think a bad example of a K9/handler was that one, maybe in Arizona, with the female officer with the really short blond hair. They haven't been on for a long time. That dog was always "alerting", although I never saw what his/her supposed alert was, there was almost never anything in the vehicle, and the dog was always held rather tightly on the leash, if I remember correctly, which probably isn't the best technique. They both probably need retraining. On the flip side, Flex in Indiana is great!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
17 hours ago, Brattinella said:

You know, I used to be a total cop-supporter.  After viewing this show for a while, I am getting the message that cops WANT us to be afraid of them.  And some of them actually are sadists.  I know some folks will support them til the wheels fall off, but I will not be dissuaded from my opinion.

 

 

I really agree with this.  Something from a recent episode really bothered me.  Two officers searched a car parked in front of a motel that was known for drugs and prostitution.  The women in the car had plastic bags filled with clothes, with the tags still on them.  Yes, they probably shoplifted that stuff.  Still it bothered me that the officers just searched the car because of where it was parked.  I feel that's one of those "slippery slope" situations, that could veer too close to being in a police state.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

The police dog Gunner gets a little to anxious when he thinks he gets to chase the "bad guy". Even in the car I think that dog senses something going on just by the radio and the car speeding up, etc. and gets riled up.  Then he makes so much noise at the scene it just adds to the confusion.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

I was wondering about Gunner,too.  Is it possible for a dog to have a stroke/heart attack over non-stop yipe-ing?  I have never heard a dog produce that kind of sound before.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×