Type keyword(s) to search

On Patrol: Live - General Discussion

• Start Topic

21 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

The picture of Sticks is at the Palmetto Inn, aka the Blue Door motel that is featured so often on Richland County episodes, just like the Obama convenience store.     I guess it's from the watch party they had there, that turned into a pepper spray melee.    

The Palmetto Inn aka the Blue Door Motel hasn't been featured on LivePd in a long time.  Sticks went by there when he was in town and took that picture.  As for the Obama station that was always featured is no longer the Obama station.  The owner is in jail and the station has been renamed.

As for the party melee, that happened in a different part of the county.  Too many kids without enough supervision, even with security being hired for the event.    It is sad that it happened as that is a yearly party that has been going on for years without any kind of trouble.

6 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Thanks for the corrections, iluvobx.   I'm glad the melee wasn't at the watch party.     

You're welcome. The watch party was on Sat. April 13 with the 200th episode being on the 19.  Sticks was in town for the watch party.  Sticks mentioned on over this past weekend.

That man in Texas (I think Texas) thinks anyone will believe that someone stole his truck, smashed the side hitting something, or another vehicle, and then returned it?      And left their meth behind too.    I guess the meth was a rental fee.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

The Officer wondering why the woman was wearing a bikini top and took of her shirt even though its not warm. Well, Officer, let me introduce you to Hot Flashes. Sometimes your body acts as if its a million degrees even thought its not.  Just one of the joys of being a woman.

• Love 5

That security guard was a jerk, but the cop that pulled him over was not good at defusing things.

I can't help but think that Rudderham or Zendejas would have calmed him down. Or big arm guy whose name escapes me right now.

• Love 4

While the Security Guard was busy having his temper tantrum and yelling for the officers to keep his gun,radio,badge because he didn’t want to be a “cop” anymore,the petty side of me wanted so badly for police officer to yell back “You’re not even a cop!”

Edited by Hellohappylife
  • Love 10

That security guard was a jerk, but the cop that pulled him over was not good at defusing things.

He was AWFUL.  I think he was saying that he wanted to eventually be a cop in the future but now he didn’t want to (as opposed to thinking he was a cop now).  Not sure, but he was such a whiny little dick that he could have thought he was currently a cop.  I would not want someone with that big of a chip on his shoulder, that big of an attitude, or that short of a temper to be a police officer.  

I like Ashleigh as a host mostly because I usually feel like Dan is aiming to be one of the cool kids, makes too many potty jokes, and wants Sticks to think he’s cool.  I mean, he’s fine but I also think Ashleigh is fine.  

• Love 6
3 hours ago, VartanFan said:

I’m not sure if you’ve heard, but apparently AT&T might get rid of A&E.  It was a hard hard sell for that tonight.  A bit annoying. 

This was the first time I have ever seen a show actually tell viewers to contact their service provider to keep a channel.  I read an article that there is some sort of feud over the contract between AT&T/Direct TV and A&E.  I wonder if they will lose a huge amount of viewers if they dump the station,

• Love 1

I used to have Directv, and they were always having a conflict with the Fox stations locally, and later when I switched to a local cable company, they had a negotiation issue with them. 

However, when I went back there for my house closing, the motel had Directv, and no Fox channels, they hadn't resolved it, and so no Fox, and a few other channels were gone too.    Since the motel had a limited subscription to channels, that made for a boring day , and evening.     Directv did have some kind of issue with the Weather Channel, where they were off for a week or so, but that was over the non-weather programming that TWC shows a lot.     

I wish they could just negotiate nicely, and stop driving me crazy with the promos about how the viewers will lose access.    What amazes me is how many cable channels are from the same owners, with A&E, History, and Biography together is something I knew, but I didn't know they owned Lifetime and others too.     With Scripps, and HGTV joined together, that means if that cable group ever gets in one of these subscription dustups, then that would mean all of those channels would be suspended, and that must number at least 20 channels.   

If I had a choice between Directv, and a regular cable channel, then having channels gone from one of the services, would probably push me to switch, if my contract was up.    

I would certainly miss A&E and their associated networks, not just for Live PD, and the rest of the police/rescue line up, but some of the other programming too.     What I would really miss are the PD Cam episodes, and Police Patrol episodes with the descriptions, so I know which ones to watch, and the ones to avoid.     I really like watching the different officers they bring into the studio too.   It's amazing to me that a show that only was originally scheduled for 10 or so episodes, became such a phenomena that it's now had over 200 episodes, and many  spin offs.    

Last night on the new episodes of PD Cam, Sticks and Tom answered viewer questions.    Sticks said he is still full time with Tulsa PD, he works four days a week, then flies out on Friday, for the Friday and Saturday shows, and back on Sunday.      

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 2
On 4/28/2019 at 2:24 PM, VartanFan said:

I’m not sure if you’ve heard, but apparently AT&T might get rid of A&E

I hadn't heard that, but did you hear that Macy's is having a ONE DAY SALE?

• Love 1

Please God, DirecTV, sign a new deal with A&E so we don't have to hear Sticks and Tom stumble through that read every 10 seconds in between begging people to watch that horrible Live Rescue crap nobody wants to see.

(Oh, and why don't Ashleigh and Sticks just bang and get it over with? It's pretty clear that's what at least she wants to happen.)

• LOL 1

The guy driving with Jimmy Fallon and Ellen. He’s a Youtube prankster. He was trying to be on LivePD and was not on any drugs. It’s really funny but not that the cop failed him on sobriety testing. 

On ‎4‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 1:24 PM, VartanFan said:

I’m not sure if you’ve heard, but apparently AT&T might get rid of A&E.  It was a hard hard sell for that tonight.  A bit annoying. 

Does anyone remember when one of the cable companies( DirectTV?) had cancelled AMC back when The Walking Dead actually had tons of viewers?

I just want to know what is in those backpacks that the Task Force is carrying...They’ve got a TON of stuff strapped on around their waist/head plus what they are carrying in their hands which is pretty obvious, but what’s in the backpack?

Also, and this is directed at Tom, who made the statement, regarding the female fugitive bank robber~“has ties to The National Masonic Group”?  What exactly is this “National Masonic Group” ?   Some sort of gang?

Sorry - I am not against tattoos (have a few myself), but I think the tattoos on the cop from Oklahoma this weekend are awful.  Just bad.  I thought we had previously seen a trooper with one of those flesh-colored sleeves over his tats.  That guy needs one - I think he's got cartoon character logos all on his arm?

What's interesting is that we see so many parents on the news, etc. talking about how they've endlessly lectured their kids about being 100% respectful to the police, always having their hands up in plain sight, etc. because they have to, because the police are so horrible and, of course, their children always behave this way. Where are all of these kids?? Some of them are respectful, polite and compliant, but most of them are... not. Is this like how most parents believe that their kids don't ever drink or have sex?

• LOL 2
  • Love 5

I DVR the show so when I hear Dan say “ lets go to Green county to deputy Rudderham,” I start fast forwarding through it. Her interactions with people are always uncomfortable. How does her K9 always hit on almost every car but then nothing is found in the car with her hand search? I miss Florida K9. 

• Love 2
14 hours ago, sonder said:

“If you do anything you're not supposed to do, you will be eating the concrete.” Said by the classy Salinas CA PD 🤦‍♀️ 

I have no problem with what the officer said to the dirtbag.

He failed to stop and then led the police on a chase which ended in a crash which put not only the officers but the other drivers on the road at risk for injury or worse.

Heck, I would have been tempted to shoot him in his driving foot.

• LOL 4
  • Love 7

It's Law enforcement appreciation week. Sheriff Lamb is here in the DC area to make some appearances. I'm taking my adorable children and we're going to try and meet him. 

This 2 week break is a drag. What to watch now? 

• Love 4

We went and stood in line for a while, but we got to meet Sheriff Lamb. He's much taller than he looks on TV. Extremely nice and gracious. My kids loved him. He's as gorgeous in person as on TV too. I'm glad we made the effort to see him. 

• Love 13
11 minutes ago, One4Sorrow2TooBad said:

The break will free me up to tune into something else. I'm watching Father Brown tonight on PBS.

Good show.

• Love 1
(edited)

The driver who slammed into the parked boats last night was lucky to be alive.   

I bet Sticks is shooting his host portion and interviews for PD Cam.   

He's also filming the new Hero Ink show about tattoos.   

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 1

In Oklahoma, Trooper Freeman(sp) what is your take on him? He seems to get annoyed with people easily and shows it. Bad communication skills or people skills, I’m not sure what it is. Attention or nerve issue? He looks around and fidgets a lot moving hands, rubbing his nose, so on. 

• Love 1

I know it’s lame but I reallyI miss how excited I would get on Friday’s at work knowing Live PD would be on. But after this last 2 week break they got rid of even more  departments. (Franklin, Warwick, Slidell) 

we still have Richland but even then they barely show that department anymore and when they do it’s usually new officers. 

Really wish they were still following the departments that originally started the show, Pasco, El Paso, Arizona,Maryland, Greenville NC, Pinal county,Spokane. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Cherrio said:

I am sick of Lt. Kennedy.

Show some new people or more exciting stuff like when they first started.

Now we get Humpty Dumpty stuck in a car.

I cannot stand Kennedy. He has such a smug attitude. 

• Love 4