Type keyword(s) to search

On Patrol: Live - General Discussion

• Start Topic

28 minutes ago, PurpleGirl43 said:

So surprised (squee!) to see Mastrianni and K-Law! Does anyone know why they’re on patrol tonight? 

Probably because of the meet and greet party?

Tuned in late, but the stop with Kennedy and the burned out light?  Imo a bullshit stop and that dog is not trained well at all.   Kennedy always rubs me the wrong way.

And can someone explain to me why his pants sometimes 2 tone in the back and then change back to one color?

• Love 2
1 hour ago, One4Sorrow2TooBad said:

OMG, sounds like a fun time!!! Maybe more cities will start having watch parties too. 

Greene county has hosted at least 2. The last was on March 30th to celebrate being back on the air. They had quite a line up. It was free, had food trucks, a raffle, lots of events. Springfield can host a party . Sorry I missed it! In attendance was...

Sheriff Mark Lamb and Deputy McElwain, Pinal County Sheriff's Office

Trooper Moreno, Utah Highway Patrol

MSD Baker, Gwinnett County Sheriff's Office

Franklin County Sheriff's Office

Officer Juan Mercado and John Oliva, Mission Police Department, Texas

Chad Ayers, former Greenville County Sheriff's office

Andrea Zendajas, El Paso Police Department

Must Watson, Actor

Jonathan Gilliam, Navy Seal, FBI Special Agent, US Marshall 

Edited by Schnickelfritz
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Cherrio said:

Tuned in late, but the stop with Kennedy and the burned out light?  Imo a bullshit stop and that dog is not trained well at all.   Kennedy always rubs me the wrong way.

And can someone explain to me why his pants sometimes 2 tone in the back and then change back to one color?

I cannot stand Kennedy! He takes every situation to a 10. I remember when he was on a few weeks ago, his superior had to tell him to take it down a notch. I feel like he plays to the camera's. 

He is in a position of power, and he takes advantage of it. He is rude and doesn't know how to control his emotions. 

• Love 3

We saw Mike again. I feel sorry for his mother. But, I giggled when Ofc. McCall said in a disappointed tone "Mike."

I really like Ofc. McCall and I have a crush on him lol

• Love 4
14 hours ago, Hero said:

I cannot stand Kennedy! He takes every situation to a 10. I remember when he was on a few weeks ago, his superior had to tell him to take it down a notch. I feel like he plays to the camera's. 

He is in a position of power, and he takes advantage of it. He is rude and doesn't know how to control his emotions. 

Great post !     His hair bothers me too, what is up with that flip in the front?

I laughed my ass off when he wasn't paying attention and too hyped up and wrecked his cruiser awhile back.

Someone I watched the show with recently has had experience with police dogs and she was shocked at how badly they were trained.  Lots of people have dope, but the searches imo are done more by profiling. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
12 minutes ago, Cherrio said:

Great post !     His hair bothers me too, what is up with that flip in the front?

I laughed my ass off when he wasn't paying attention and too hyped up and wrecked his cruiser awhile back.

Someone I watched the show with recently has had experience with police dogs and she was shocked at how badly they were trained.  Lots of people have dope, but the searches imo are done more by profiling. 

The police dog in Greene County with the female officer is not trained well at all. The dog obviously didn't alert to anything, and ran away halfway through the search. The Ofc. then lied about the dog alerting to something. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Hero said:

The police dog in Greene County with the female officer is not trained well at all. The dog obviously didn't alert to anything, and ran away halfway through the search. The Ofc. then lied about the dog alerting to something. 

And then when they don't find anything they claim it's because the dog was picking up the remnants of residue where a crack pipe had previously been stashed........ yeah.... right....

They really go hardcore in Salinas, don't they?  Every interaction requires at least 5 officers with guns drawn until the suspect is cuffed and in the squad car.  Granted it's a heavy gang area and all, but it seems like major overkill.

21 hours ago, callie lee 29 said:

If Pasco did this (and was still on Live PD) I would definitely have driven down for something like this. 

Did you miss the one in January?  It wasn't a viewing party but was a day-long event with a bunch of deputies and included Pini, Carmac, and Ramos.  I was going to fly down and go but could't make it.  My mom got pics with all of them and said they were all super nice.  Stayed until dark taking pictures with everyone.  

• Love 2
On 4/13/2019 at 10:53 PM, PurpleGirl43 said:

So surprised (squee!) to see Mastrianni and K-Law! Does anyone know why they’re on patrol tonight? 

Because those two are still the fan's favorites.  I loved seeing them on patrol again.  Loved how K-Law kept calling Mastrianni Deputy and then correcting to Inv.    I know that Danny Brown was still at the watch party till almost the end.  It was a fun time.

The communities they served when on the CAT team really miss them.  They were great and the neighbors knew them and they knew the neighborhoods.

Sticks should have gone to Obama station for a picture.  

• Love 1
15 hours ago, BigBingerBro said:

They really go hardcore in Salinas, don't they?  Every interaction requires at least 5 officers with guns drawn until the suspect is cuffed and in the squad car.  Granted it's a heavy gang area and all, but it seems like major overkill.

I always feel like they go overboard as well. I get that it’s a gang area but seriously, why do they have like 50 officers show up to every single call? Even if it’s something like  shoplifting they will have what looks to be every officer on shift that day show up. 

It always makes me laugh when the show switches to a different Department/county and we see an officer  dealing with a similar situation without the help of 50 guys. 

I hope they stop following Salina’s ,they don’t add anything interesting to the show IMO. I’m still mad that Pasco is gone, they had a great group of officers/ K9s. 

• Love 3
23 hours ago, Hero said:

We saw Mike again. I feel sorry for his mother. But, I giggled when Ofc. McCall said in a disappointed tone "Mike."

I really like Ofc. McCall and I have a crush on him lol

Anyone know why Mike and his mother are going from hotel to hotel? Do they live in them ?

I bet Mike and his mother don't have decent credit to get an apartment, and maybe can't afford the security deposit, utility deposit, and last month's rent.     They might also not have a good record with previous landlords too.    

I knew someone who was offered a job in Salinas a few years ago, and I helped him with research.    He turned the job down after we looked at the local news stories, and crime rate statistics.    At that time it wasn't a good place for him, because of where he would work.   Plus the housing costs were high compared to his salary.  So he passed. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Useful 1
On 4/13/2019 at 8:24 PM, Cherrio said:

OMG thank you for saying something about the 2 toned pants.....I have been wondering about that too!

• Love 2

This is going to be somewhat of a long post, but I feel I have to defend my home town of Salinas CA.

I was born here and 1966 and and am still living here today.

Salinas has always been a large agricultural town, with most of its inhabitants coming from Oklahoma (my dads family) and Arkansas during the "dust bowl" that our local author John Stienbeck wrote many books about. Population now is about  158k.

These family's settled in the area know as "the Alisal" and were hardworking good people with beautiful modest homes and gardens.

Most of these agricultural workers are sill hardworking, tax paying good and honest family oriented people.

I graduated public high school in the 1980's and never experienced any type of rampant gang activity.

The gang activity around here did not start until the late 90's to 2000's, and was mainly due to the the ex-cons from Soledad prison (30 mins. South of us being "turfed" upon release into Salinas. Most of the violent crimes were over "drug territory and different sets and street territory"

Several years ago we had a wonderful police chief, mayor and city council that decided enough was enough and started enacting tough enforcement.

The gang element has mostly gone underground or have been run out of town.

The main problem we have now is the large amount of homeless persons with mental health and drug issues. (As are shown on the show)

There are many wonderful services to assist those who wish to avail themselves to help (some do and some do not).

Salinas and it's community members is very active in trying to be part of the solution to it's problems and be proactive.

The reason so many officers as are available to respond to calls is due to zero tolerance enforcement and trying to help solve this community's issues.

• Useful 2
  • Love 6

Tonight is the 200th Live PD episode.   I'm hoping for lots of K-9 action.  

mbay-The friend I helped with research was five or six years ago, and I'm glad to hear that things have turned around.       I understand what you mean by turfing.     

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

mbay-The friend I helped with research was five or six years ago, and I'm glad to hear that things have turned around.       I understand what you mean by turfing.     

Case in point, the first story tonight is of a bicyclist hit by car.

This is in the "Chinatown" area where the homeless congregate and a shit ton of them dart in and out of traffic on bicycles with no reguard to anyones safety.

Next we have a person with a warrant on a bicycle in the "Alisal" gang problem area. Most likely just an area "slacker".

Edited by mbaywife123
Finish post info.
2 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Just when I thought Sticks couldn't get any hotter, he shows up in a suit. 

::swoon::

• Love 4

The big announcement is that starting next Friday night there will 11 straight nights of Live PD shows.    They're having a new PD Cam, reminiscences with the favorite officers, and all kinds of other theme nights.  

Top 10 K-9 Moments this Monday 7 p.m.  Central, 8 p.m. Eastern (A & E) 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 3

That party in Richland... damn!!

Buncha lowlife hoodrats who will all end up part of the penal justice system sooner or later. That was incredibly dangerous for the officers, those kids were attacking en masse. If one of them pulled a gun it could have been really bad. 

How long before one of them cries “police brutality!” on social media? 🙄

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, Hero said:

The lady who is having an affair with her neighbor's husband seems a little proud to be having that affair. 

You think so?  I thought the opposite in that she took responsibility for it.  She's like...she's called me a slut and a whore and she's right.  

• Love 4
1 hour ago, VartanFan said:

You think so?  I thought the opposite in that she took responsibility for it.  She's like...she's called me a slut and a whore and she's right.  

She seemed so nonchalant about the whole thing. She didn't care that she or the lady's husband were deceiving her.

16 hours ago, Cotypubby said:

That party in Richland... damn!!

Buncha lowlife hoodrats who will all end up part of the penal justice system sooner or later. That was incredibly dangerous for the officers, those kids were attacking en masse. If one of them pulled a gun it could have been really bad. 

How long before one of them cries “police brutality!” on social media? 🙄

Right?? I was worried about the officers. 

And with regard to dogs alerting and then not finding anything (which happens infrequently on the show), people forget that dogs have wonderful sense of smell. If you smoke crack or have it in the car this morning, the dog will still smell it tonight. 

It was my husband's birthday yesterday. But I was drooling over Sticks in that suit.  Yum! 

• Love 3

Now a homeless "fire" in a shopping cart in the "Chinatown" area where there are shelter and sanitation (showers & toilets) services available 24/7 to those who wish to use them as well as food service for breakfast,lunch and dinner and basic toiletries and laundry services.

Edited by mbaywife123
Donate to your community
  • Useful 1
6 hours ago, Hellohappylife said:

Did you guys know Live Rescue Airs Monday?  

We don’t need a reminder every 5 mins to them in the studio begging people to tune in. 

Thank you.  And when did Ashleigh Banfield turn into a ditzy airhead?  Wasn't she a CNN journalist at some point?

• Love 2

Ashleigh had a live show (I think live, maybe pretaped and edited in some cases) about crimes, and including interviews.    She broke a lot of the Chris Watts stories, and was one of the few that wasn't giving air time to the murderer's family for their lame statements.     The show was on HLN (formerly Headline News, a CNN derivative)

There was a lot of uproar when she subbed for Dan for one night too.      

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 1

This won’t be popular but I’m getting sick of Sticks. I have always liked him but it’s too much now. I like when the officers stop by for an episode or two. How does Sticks still work for his police department? He has almost every weekend off to be in NYC? He isn’t just putting time into LivePD either. He has his show on a&e he basically narrates, he’s on LiveRescue tonight and he is in a clip for the upcoming tattoo show. 

• Love 7
7 hours ago, sonder said:

This won’t be popular but I’m getting sick of Sticks. I have always liked him but it’s too much now. I like when the officers stop by for an episode or two. How does Sticks still work for his police department? He has almost every weekend off to be in NYC? He isn’t just putting time into LivePD either. He has his show on a&e he basically narrates, he’s on LiveRescue tonight and he is in a clip for the upcoming tattoo show. 

I'm getting sick of Sticks, too. I don't think he's attractive, he's on way too much and he just annoys me for some reason. 

• Love 1

I'm "OK" with Sticks, but I don't get the fanatical appeal.  He actually does well on the program he narrates, which surprised me as he's often not that articulate on LivePD.  Has Tom Morris Jr ever subbed for Dan?  I think he'd make a good host.  

• Love 2
9 hours ago, sonder said:

2 hours ago, Hero said:

I'm getting sick of Sticks, too. I don't think he's attractive, he's on way too much and he just annoys me for some reason. 

I got sick of Sticks pretty quick. I think I first shared my issues with him early last year. I hate that clip they love to show of him doing that thing with his arms out. There's a GIF of it the Live PD Twitter account loves to post. The Live Rescue premiere would have been more enjoyable for me at least if Sticks hadn't been on there hamming it up. I never watched Nightwatch for some reason but I would have been plenty happy with the the two guys from that show who are now going to be on with Ashleigh. I must have missed or forgotten about a promo for a tattoo show that has Sticks in it. 

• Love 2

Was I the only one that found Live Rescue incredibly boring?  I don’t think it is going to work with rescue since so much of the live stuff will have to be filmed from a distance to not show anything to graphic. Also, I couldn’t help but wonder if they are violating HIPPA laws. 

• Love 4

The picture of Sticks is at the Palmetto Inn, aka the Blue Door motel that is featured so often on Richland County episodes, just like the Obama convenience store.     I guess it's from the watch party they had there, that turned into a pepper spray melee.    

2 hours ago, Jaded said:

I must have missed or forgotten about a promo for a tattoo show that has Sticks in it. 

It's called Hero Ink. It starts in June. I'd put in a link to the promo, but I am kinda sick of Sticks. He and Abrams have quite a bromance going. Cohost gig. His own show. Shows up on new shows. Do you think the guys in his unit think he's as cute as he thinks he is? Pretty sweet not having to work Fridays and Saturdays in the gang unit. Seriously, go back to your day job. Tulsa needs you. (although he might not be as affective anymore)

Edited by Schnickelfritz
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, Schnickelfritz said:

Do you think the guys in his unit think he's as cute as he thinks he is?

I've been thinking this for some time now.  They do all the work and he's off in NY.  I mean, good for him for turning this into a money maker, but I would love a rotating cast of cohosts in that seat - a month at a time per officer.  He's, um, definitely enjoying the limelight.  

• Love 3

My understanding is that the officers that appear as guest hosts have to take personal time off, and are paid by the show.     They can't be paid by the show, and appear at the same time, since the officers they show aren't paid for regular filming.         I don't think they pay the departments either.        I bet some officers, like Sticks have tons of vacation time piled up, so they just take a day off for travel for Friday, and leave Saturday night or Sunday morning, and they're back at work.   I wouldn't be surprised to find out that Sticks tapes his PD Cam narrative on Saturday mornings, and does a bunch at one time.