Type keyword(s) to search

On Patrol: Live - General Discussion

• Start Topic

At this point, I think snake lady, in Greene County,  is just thinking up ways to get on television.

Since when do cops just detain people for walking down the street?  Since when is that illegal?  This might have been Greene County too.

• Love 1
On 10/27/2018 at 4:18 PM, VartanFan said:

Sweet, adorable Shep.  What a good boy.  Carmack did ok in cohosting (a little bit of fake smiling, but still ok).

Did Gwinnett County also get dropped?  I don't remember seeing them in a while.

I also can't believe Warwick allows officers to have a mohawk (Elderkin).  

Gwinnett hasn't been on since they came back from break and with the Salinas PD.  Gwinnett County had one of their own killed last week that started from a traffic stop.

Edited by iluvobx
meant to say hasn't not has
  • Love 2
14 hours ago, howiveaddict said:

At this point, I think snake lady, in Greene County,  is just thinking up ways to get on television.

Since when do cops just detain people for walking down the street?  Since when is that illegal?  This might have been Greene County too.

Sick of seeing snake lady too. LivePD needs to stop wasting airtime on her and the people who make fake 911 calls just to get on Live PD . 

• Love 2

My guess is the big smile on Carmack is knowing that even though he's the LEO, the second that Shep is on that no one will notice him again after the camera moves.   

At least we don't see that awful woman in Nye (I think it was Nye, or was it Pinal Co.?) who was the convicted sex offender that refused to register, and they had her on Live PD three times.  

And I'm guessing Robert the woman beating jerk, is still in jail, because he hasn't been on in a while either, since his last major arrest. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

My guess is the big smile on Carmack is knowing that even though he's the LEO, the second that Shep is on that no one will notice him again after the camera moves.   

At least we don't see that awful woman in Nye (I think it was Nye, or was it Pinal Co.?) who was the convicted sex offender that refused to register, and they had her on Live PD three times.  

And I'm guessing Robert the woman beating jerk, is still in jail, because he hasn't been on in a while either, since his last major arrest. 

Thinking we'll (thankfully) not likely ever have him 'gracing' the screens of our TV via Live PD again since the most charges of the most recent arrest include:

The statutory rape charge carries a possible life sentence

Add in the other charges (and the other victim mentioned) and whatever other charges he had prior likely not helping out things, and the egregious nature of the most recent incidents, I doubt he'll be out any time soon.

Just as a case update on him as of last month, at least, he's not even been assigned a public defender on this case yet because they're so backed up (there are even murder cases they need public defenders to take in Greene Co)

https://www.news-leader.com/story/news/crime/2018/09/14/public-defenders-springfield-say-child-sex-abuse-suspect-must-wait/1302216002/

Though the Greene County Jail does show that he currently has a court date on Wed (Halloween) so there may be an update this week.

• Love 1

Loved Shep - so cute watching his ears react when his name was spoken, or he heard his partner's voice.

Interesting that so many people are now aware that there are Live PD cameras roaming around, and they do everything they can to stay off-camera when approached by the police.

I didn't like the officers making the driver attempt the eye/pen test over and over. I think he may have had some innate cognitive difficulties and was unable to coordinate his head and eye movements. The alcohol made it worse, and the officers' behavior bordered on harassment. Why not just skip to the next test, without the pseudo-exasperation and eye-rolling to the cameras?

I think I spotted the once-rare silver Labrador (resembles a Weimaraner) gallivanting in the street outside the bar (Rhode Island?). He looked well-fed so I hope his owners retrieved him from animal control. Typically Labrador, he thought the efforts to catch him were a silly game, which he improved upon by snatching up people's property as he danced around. We have one of these guys in our family and he is a knucklehead.

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Love 2
On 8/5/2018 at 3:20 PM, VartanFan said:

I’ll take a main course of Carmack (Pasco), with a side of Curley (Warwick).  

?Officers, you have the right to remain...yummy?!

FB_IMG_1537739805000.jpg

• Love 1

Did the cops ever find the guy that, like, 300 of them tried to serve that warrant on? Because I got the distinct vibe they were all

giphy.gif

...and then never produced what they showed up to do. And honestly, why not wait out people like that? Wouldn't it be easier to apprehend him in a non-confined space like a grocery store or something? But then I guess they couldn't use their fancy heat-seeking attic tool. The whole thing seemed like Operation Hot Mess. 

I'm asking because the show kept getting interrupted by a honking tornado warning every three minutes before I had to turn it off. 

2 hours ago, Giant Misfit said:

Did the cops ever find the guy that, like, 300 of them tried to serve that warrant on? Because I got the distinct vibe they were all

giphy.gif

...and then never produced what they showed up to do. And honestly, why not wait out people like that? Wouldn't it be easier to apprehend him in a non-confined space like a grocery store or something? But then I guess they couldn't use their fancy heat-seeking attic tool. The whole thing seemed like Operation Hot Mess. 

I'm asking because the show kept getting interrupted by a honking tornado warning every three minutes before I had to turn it off. 

It looks like he got away before they ever entered the house.

• Love 1

Raises hand.

Stuff like this makes me wonder why anyone would want to be in law enforcement, especially a patrol cop. 

Also, watching that officer getting beat up made me understand why sometimes we see so many officers on some scenes.  You just never know!

• Love 1
15 hours ago, One4Sorrow2TooBad said:

I just thought the guy was daft , didn't seem like he wanted to follow any instructions and probably had no business operating a motor vehicle.

Whether it was drugs, alcohol, or some form of deficit, this guy should not have been on the road. 

• Love 2

My favorite part was the kitten rescue. Although I was thinking, woman, get a ladder and get the poor thing, no need for an officer.  The whole Salinas "he's in the attic" thing was like, why are there 40 officers in the house, instead of watching the perimeter? I did enjoy the Hoarders/Live PD crossover. He stole my travel alarm clock. That pile of disorganized papers is my filing system. I feel bad often when I laugh, because it is obvious we need more options for people who have mental illness.

• Love 2
53 minutes ago, Cherrio said:

I am glad someone else noticed.  So many people on this show have filthy hoarded houses.

Houses? Have you seen some of the vehicles? Like that truck with the serial killer tarp, broken windows, hoarder interior, and a dog signaling help me?

• Love 2
10 hours ago, nokat said:

I did enjoy the Hoarders/Live PD crossover.

Based on what I've seen, EVERY home in Nye County is a Hoarders crossover waiting for Matt Paxton to pull up in the driveway. 

4 hours ago, Cherrio said:

Geez, do you think the officers could of helped the one armed man with his stuff?

I mean they were driving him back into town.... that’s more then what cops would have done,especially after that chase.  I was wondering why he wasn’t cuffed after the driver ran. But I realized later on....

• Love 1
23 minutes ago, Hellohappylife said:

I mean they were driving him back into town.... that’s more then what cops would have done,especially after that chase.  I was wondering why he wasn’t cuffed after the driver ran. But I realized later on....

An entire episode could be how to cuff a one-armed man.

• Love 1

So, I thought the Pasco officer who was in the studio on Friday night would be good as a cohost some weekend.  I also really like Reckmeyer in Pasco and really really want to hear how his retired police dog is doing.  

Totally disgusting that the man doing 90 in Greene County had a kid in his car with NO car seat.  You saw the moment it changed for that officer.  

Busy weekend on Live PD....I’d also like to see Danny Brown in studio.  

• Love 5
On 11/3/2018 at 10:22 AM, AuntiePam said:

Raises hand.

Stuff like this makes me wonder why anyone would want to be in law enforcement, especially a patrol cop. 

Also, watching that officer getting beat up made me understand why sometimes we see so many officers on some scenes.  You just never know!

Cant imagine being there and not helping that Officer. He was screaming for help. Someone had to hear that

• Love 4
On 11/3/2018 at 11:32 AM, nokat said:

My favorite part was the kitten rescue. Although I was thinking, woman, get a ladder and get the poor thing, no need for an officer.  

She may not have had a ladder, or been to scared or whatever to go in the attic herself. Just saying. I would have gone up there and gotten it. I read on Twitter that the kitten was successfully rescued and is being taken care of at the animal shelter. We were laughing at the officers trying to get it to come with a weenie.  And the meowing was driving my doxie nuts. She was sniffing around the TV looking frantically for it. 

• Love 2
16 hours ago, QuinnInND said:

She may not have had a ladder, or been to scared or whatever to go in the attic herself. Just saying. I would have gone up there and gotten it. I read on Twitter that the kitten was successfully rescued and is being taken care of at the animal shelter. We were laughing at the officers trying to get it to come with a weenie.  And the meowing was driving my doxie nuts. She was sniffing around the TV looking frantically for it. 

Maybe your doxie heard them say they were going to feed it a weenie!

• Love 3

I don't think Craigmyle could control his dog once it started biting that woman. Seemed to go on (her screaming) for way too long.

I bet we don't see her getting arrested or rescue treating her. Just a guess.

• Love 2

Craigmyle warned several times the dog was coming, and would bite, but all three perps thought they wouldn't get found.    Lor will only keep biting hard if the suspect keeps fighting, if they hold still, then he just holds them.     She also seemed so high, that I doubt she could feel that much anyway.    

I loved how someone watching the show realized it was his property, and sent someone to turn the fence off.     I wonder if they ever caught up to the other two fugitives?    They definitely had been in the barn. I bet the owner of the stolen truck wished the Lor had chewed on all of them after he saw his wrecked truck. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 4

Agreed - the dog has to keep on the person until they're handcuffed or have multiple cops on them.  I don't feel the least bit sorry for her, though I did laugh when she goes "stupid dog"...kind of ironic that SHE is calling someone else stupid.  :)  

I'm so excited that the last guest was Carmack and the next guest is Curley.  My two faves!

• Love 7
20 hours ago, Machiabelly said:

There didn't seem to be any blood and she also seemed fine once the dog was off her. I think a lot of the screaming was fear based .

I hate the border patrol parts.

She was a drama llama too I think. Twitter was blowing up with people pissed off that she called Lor stupid. I don't blame them. 

Why do you hate the border patrol parts? 

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, QuinnInND said:

She was a drama llama too I think. Twitter was blowing up with people pissed off that she called Lor stupid. I don't blame them. 

Why do you hate the border patrol parts? 

I find them boring.

They often involve children.

Half my fun comes from laughing at dumb people and border ones don't usually have those.

For some reason they remind me of the news more than the drug and other cases and I want more of an escape from the news.

So a few reasons. I don't change the channel or anything...just not my fave.

• Love 5
13 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Craigmyle warned several times the dog was coming, and would bite, but all three perps thought they wouldn't get found.    Lor will only keep biting hard if the suspect keeps fighting, if they hold still, then he just holds them.     She also seemed so high, that I doubt she could feel that much anyway.    

I loved how someone watching the show realized it was his property, and sent someone to turn the fence off.     I wonder if they ever caught up to the other two fugitives?    They definitely had been in the barn. I bet the owner of the stolen truck wished the Lor had chewed on all of them after he saw his wrecked truck. 

Sounds like it may have ended up being only one more. And per Craigmyle, the guy was caught!

Also there's some cute video of Lor getting some much needed time relaxing and Craigmyle's two little pups giving both Lor and Craigmyle kisses in a video update on his twitter (not linking it just letting anyone who is interested know to pop onto his twitter from the above for that).

He actually responds to a fair number of questions about calls, etc. in his replies (if you look at tweets and replies and not just his direct posts on twitter) which can be interesting sometimes.

Thought his comment about Lor in reply to TMJ's post after the show was sweet, too.

• Love 2

The bystander that commented on the police beating case was a woman, and she had called 911 for more help, but I hope in her place I would at least started screaming for help, and hoped someone would come to help before the other officers arrived.  

I'm also getting more cranky as I get older, so I hope I would have grabbed something an whacked the assailant.   

Edited by CrazyInAlabama

I really had no interest in watching this show but I was bored & gave it a shot,I’m glad I did because it kept my attention the whole time. 

I think this is the type of show that is needed & could maybe make people who are so against/ hate law enforcement better understand the risky dangerous situations they encounter everyday. So many people form an opinion just by what the media puts out.

I think Social Media /news etc can be to blame for some of it. So many people base their opinion on short clips featured, especially the ones where the officer shoots someone killing them,that’s all they focus on,without bothering to look up the actual whole video to see why the officer did what he did. 

There are Bad police officers out there that are truly assholes but it’s extremly unfair to judge all police officers as assholes, it shows such a lack of respect for the Man/Women who are truly doing good & risk their lives everyday. 

• Love 6

From what I've seen, usually,the  people who find themselves getting on one of the LEO's bad side , are those who don't think they need to have a  driver's license or legal I.D. on them. Then there are those jackasses who want to play lawyer on the street. Yea, that goes over really well,lol. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

The Nye County case with the man and his wife locking the brother and mother in was horrible.     When the detective described their condition, I wanted to cry.   

I came to talk about this. Hope they update the story in an upcoming episode. The suspect talked as if it was reasonable. His wife acted the same but with some remorse now that they’re caught. What the...

• Love 2

WTF Nye County!? That was the weirdest thing I’ve seen on this show. The guy was describing tying up his mother like it was the most normal thing in the world, and then the wife said they hadn’t left the room in a month!? That was like something out of a horror movie.

• Love 2

Greene County is taking a break over the winter, but will be back in the spring. 

I had a tiny bit of sympathy for the man with the mother, and brother, thinking they were out of control like he said.   Then the detective told the real story, and I hope the man and his wife get life in prison.    The wife only ratted him out, because she's hoping she can claim he terrorized her too, and she can get off easy.     The man's lucky that he and his POS wife aren't up on murder charges, because it sounds like the mother and brother were in very bad shape.   

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 3

The guy in Nye County -- he seemed so normal, and reasonable -- like he was protecting his mom and his brother.  Damn.  The detective handled that really well.

I wish the officers would treat some people like the two-year-olds they are -- the guy in South Carolina who kept banging his head and saying "I didn't do anything -- why are you arresting me!" -- they need to just stop engaging with the idiot, shut the car doors and walk away! 

• Love 3

Back in the day when people still respected the job that law enforcement officers had to do to preserve civility for the rest of society that obeyed the law,  a nightstick usually got the perp"s attention.  The idiot on the bicycle who kept avoiding the police officer's demands to pull over  got what happens when you play stupid games with the police. He won stupid prizes. 

• Love 5