Type keyword(s) to search

On Patrol: Live - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Whereas law enforcement aggression towards the young black car burglar was over the top. I guess that since he was fighting with one officer initially, and possibly about to get dangerous control of the situation, they all came piling in, adrenaline flowing. Then it got out of hand (in my opinion).

I think you hit the nail on the head here.  It wasn’t that they were dogpiling him because he was breaking into cars but that he attacked the first police officer on the scene.  I also agree (as the wife of a police officer) that it was ultimately way too much...but the taser didn’t even make him flinch, which I thought was pretty shocking.  It was like...at that point, he wasn’t actively resisting but he wasn’t complying either.  Very odd.  Adrenaline?  Drugs?  Wow.  

Also, as for Saturday night...Abrams thought it was a lot of domestics and it was.  I can say...my husband works nights and basically he deals with that a LOT...people have been drinking for the night and just decide to let it rip.  (Side note - domestics and a lot of falls from older adults....basically what he deals with 99% of the time.  Not that domestics can’t get very dangerous, but I’m thankful he’s in a department that isn’t terribly violent.)

Friday night I learned that the Slidell police office doesn't have enough female officers on duty when there wasn't one to call to help with the pat downs of the two women who dropped the purse in front of the car. I can't imagine why women wouldn't want to work with the men shown on TV from that department from what we've seen so far.  ?

I'm watching last nights episode now.

• Love 1
On 2/17/2018 at 1:16 AM, Brattinella said:

How the HELL did we get to this point, where a man who breaks into 2 cars deserves to get dogpiled by a half dozen cops, beaten and tased and brutalized?  Do you all think this is an acceptable level of violence??  I am pretty sure cops USED to be constrained to a level of force commensurate with the threat? 

Disagree. He wasnt innocent. The guy was caught breaking into cars and was fighting the cops.  Did they need 6 guys?  Probably not.  That was excessive.  But don't minimize the fact that the guy was resisting and being a complete dumbass. If he complied he wouldn't have been tased. 

• Love 5
On 2/17/2018 at 3:42 PM, Hellohappylife said:

Lawrence & Mastrianni (and the whole Richland) Crew are just awesome to watch.

They’re Calm & Respectful even if someone is doing wrong. They actually listen to people’s stories & give them a chance without having a shitty attitude or the “I’m the boss” persona some other officers have. They do their job & move on. They don’t stand around high-fiving each other & gossiping shit about the arrested person and laughing at them. 

Pasco & Pinal do it a lot and it gets on my nerves. It’s childish. 

If they stop following Richland then I probably wouldn’t even watch anymore.

They have always been this way.  The cameras have not changed how RCSD conducts themselves.  We have an awesome Sheriff and Sheriff's Dept.  A lot of other departments should come here and learn in how to deal with people.  We are lucky to have the Sheriff we do.

• Love 3

I wish we would have had an update on the guy who was threatening to kill the cops family.  Something was definitely wrong with him... weather it be drugs or just a mental breakdown.  Wasn't he originally followed because someone called in reporting him for harassing people? 

I think it's a little odd how this season more cops will step back right after they're at an incident and tell the camera what's going on.  They used to wait until the incident was over before they did that.  Like oh hey, let me take a break to tell you what's going down... I don't have a job to do or anything... 

• Love 2
7 hours ago, gunderda said:

I wish we would have had an update on the guy who was threatening to kill the cops family.  Something was definitely wrong with him... weather it be drugs or just a mental breakdown.  Wasn't he originally followed because someone called in reporting him for harassing people? 

He's just an asshole IMO.  I think they were originally called out for him for a domestic situation. 

• Love 1
14 hours ago, gunderda said:

I think it's a little odd how this season more cops will step back right after they're at an incident and tell the camera what's going on.  They used to wait until the incident was over before they did that.  Like oh hey, let me take a break to tell you what's going down... I don't have a job to do or anything... 

I think mainly it’s because there was a situation where there was a dead body at a scene and the victim was shown viewers and the family of that victim were outraged (which is understandable) 

I think mainly it’s because there was a situation where there was a dead body at a scene and the victim was shown viewers and the family of that victim were outraged

Holy bananas!  I'm a new viewer this season (in fact, the last few months only)....but I can't believe that happened.  Wow!  

I do wish we'd get a bit of an update from one night to the next.  I was wondering if the woman who felt she got ripped off on the car deal actually gave the police officer (and the dealer) the other key that was inside the car.  SHe indicated she would but I thought her husband/partner could have dug his heels in.  

I was shocked also that in Indiana (?), they let the guy go and drive his truck home when he didn't have a valid license!  I would have thought they'd make him have someone come and pick up the truck if they were trying to be nice. My guess is that the PD would be in massive shit if he got into an accident of something on the way home.  

3 hours ago, VartanFan said:

I was shocked also that in Indiana (?), they let the guy go and drive his truck home when he didn't have a valid license!  I would have thought they'd make him have someone come and pick up the truck if they were trying to be nice. My guess is that the PD would be in massive shit if he got into an accident of something on the way home.  

Other departments tend to do that as well especially if it's a mom with children in the car. Like I get that you feel bad for the kids.. but parents aren't learning any lessons if you let them off with a warning AND their car and they're driving without a license.

• Love 1

God, yeah...that was an extra boring episode. The only thing somewhat interesting was the crazy hoarder/sex offender lady who kept bellowing about her "no arrest" order as if any such thing existed. I did appreciate the cop trying to get her to articulate what exactly her sodomy charge was for but she was too off the rails to answer.

Oh, and the poor kid who got pulled over on his scooter and the officer obsessing over how anyone could put two sandwiches into one baggie. 

I cringed during "the part where we pay tribute to Parkland High School" segment. They all came across as robots programmed to spout platitudes. 

I'm forming a dislike of the male El Paso cop, who thinks he's a TV comedian. He kept taking verbal jabs at the two young people who were apparently engaged in some old-fashioned "parking." He's abusing his authority when he pulls that protracted disrespectful nonsense.

Lieutenant Brown makes traffic stops and sometimes I wonder what for. His instincts are uncanny because in almost every case there is at least a small infraction. He doesn't miss a thing, including the random passerby who hollered at him and Brown shot back with a quick "hey girl" while talking to the camera.

The sex offender story was interesting in that we don't usually see that kind of thing, and because of the offender herself - aging, white, specific details about her crime, and her apparent efforts to move around enough to avoid registering. I occasionally look at my community's list of registered and wanted sex offenders, and there's a healthy percentage of older women.

The on-camera, mindless platitudes about the most recent Florida shooting have no meaning any more. Especially when we know that at least four law enforcement failed to intervene in the latest shooting. I wonder if that kind of situation is going to occur more - where law enforcement refuses to enter a violent scene if they don't know enough about the situation. Apparently in FL three of the officers were viewing footage from inside the school that was on a 20-minute delay, which is their reason for holding back.

Side note: On CNN there was a shot of kids with their hands in the air as police arrived in the school, and one of those hands was shaking violently and out of control. That kid was severely traumatized and terrified and it broke my heart.

Edited by pasdetrois

And another poop case tonight.  Man- - really gross stuff.  

Return of the Ham Man....he is seriously, seriously terrifying.  I wish someone would translate the stuff he says because I’m pretty sure it’s “I’m going to kill everyone you love and then eat their organs.”  Or something like that.  

I’d love a follow-up on the school shooting threat.  

• Love 3

I feel like if you made a drinking game out of this show, you would get drunk quickest by either: take a shot every time someone got pulled over for a minor traffic thing and then got in bigger trouble because of something in the car OR taking a shot every time someone said "you don't have the right to film me."

I wonder how cops are gonna pop people once those self-driving cars really get everywhere; if nobody is running stop signs, speeding or switching lanes without a blinker, how will they find the drugs in their cars?

Edited by missnoa
  • Love 1

So I am watching this on my dvr this morning and wondering what  Lieutenant Brown pulled out of his pants pocket and threw down when he was searching that guys motorcycle? It was right after he found the sandwiches and closed up that part of the bike and just before they cut away to another place. Did anyone else catch this and if so what was it that he threw down?

3 hours ago, pasdetrois said:

Why was the Slavic guy who made repeated threats to the officers not charged with that offense?

The officers have a history with the guy, and he has physiological issues and is on medications so maybe that’s why? 

And he’s an American, he does that as an act. They said last time,This wasn’t there first time dealing with him On LivePD 

Twice last night the accused invoked the "I pay your salary", "you work for me" crap. The black kid did it and Tom Morris mentioned it. Ham sandwich/trespassing guy did it too. Not a good opening when they put cuffs on you.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Ina123 said:

Twice last night the accused invoked the "I pay your salary", "you work for me" crap.

I was disappointed that neither officer on the receiving end of this wisdom pointed out that, by that metric, he'd be self employed since he's paying his own salary, too. 

As always, I'm amused by the several people who, upon detention, always yell, "Am I on Live PD?" on every episode. And yet, 12-some years on, the people featured on Intervention never seem to catch on to what show they're being filmed for. 

2 hours ago, Giant Misfit said:

I was disappointed that neither officer on the receiving end of this wisdom pointed out that, by that metric, he'd be self employed since he's paying his own salary, too. 

As always, I'm amused by the several people who, upon detention, always yell, "Am I on Live PD?" on every episode. And yet, 12-some years on, the people featured on Intervention never seem to catch on to what show they're being filmed for. 

Well, in fairness, I don't think they have "INTERVENTION" in huge letters emblazoned on their vehicles, like Live Pd does. :)

14 minutes ago, Brattinella said:

Well, in fairness, I don't think they have "INTERVENTION" in huge letters emblazoned on their vehicles, like Live Pd does. :)

Oh, HA! I didn't realize they ran around in branded vehicles!* 

*makes note to self to remember that if I ever get pulled over

On 2/24/2018 at 10:07 AM, pasdetrois said:

Lieutenant Brown makes traffic stops and sometimes I wonder what for. His instincts are uncanny because in almost every case there is at least a small infraction. He doesn't miss a thing, including the random passerby who hollered at him and Brown shot back with a quick "hey girl" while talking to the camera.

That cracked me up!

The Oh Captain my Captain guy was intersting. I liked that the officer politely waited for him to finish and then told him he had a good memory.

The ham guy from Pasco is such a creeper

• Love 2

What happened to the women who refused to leave the bathroom in the convenience store ?  She finally came out after the female cop knocked on the door a few times and then she acted like she didn't know that the store clerk wanted her to leave.

She totally had an attitude

I love that he made the handcuffed guy go running with him.  I’m such a sucker for how these handlers talk to their dogs once they’ve finished their pursuit.  One second : “GET THE FUCK OFF MY DOG!!!” And then the next:  “Who’s my good boy!?  Such a good boy!”  

• Love 13
34 minutes ago, VartanFan said:

I love that he made the handcuffed guy go running with him.  I’m such a sucker for how these handlers talk to their dogs once they’ve finished their pursuit.  One second : “GET THE FUCK OFF MY DOG!!!” And then the next:  “Who’s my good boy!?  Such a good boy!”  

LOL!  Good stuff!

• Love 3

Friday's episode was so boring. Officer Zendejas used to be one of my favorites, but I feel like she overdoes things for the camera. Her husband does this too. He does that overly macho schtick that looks super fake. 

They should have Garo Brown in the studio. I like him a lot. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, CriticalMass said:

The irony of tonight - McElwain saying that he wishes people would just shut up. If I took a sip every time he says “listen to me...”, I would be hammered every time they follow him on patrol. 

LOL!  I know!

• Love 1

Thank goodness the K-9 is OK!

I wonder if the chat with McElwain about the guy who threatened McElwain and his family (in a previous episode) was an effort to beef up McElwain's popularity. He has his detractors. I am happy neither he nor the crazy perp was shot. And McElwain did well on-set.

Officer (keep forgetting his name) from El Paso needs a nap, or a snack, or a long break. He is too irritable and aggressive to do his job well. Some of the other officers are great, but we don't see them as much.

• Love 2
On 2/25/2018 at 2:08 AM, missnoa said:

I feel like if you made a drinking game out of this show, you would get drunk quickest by either: take a shot every time someone got pulled over for a minor traffic thing and then got in bigger trouble because of something in the car OR taking a shot every time someone said "you don't have the right to film me."

I wonder how cops are gonna pop people once those self-driving cars really get everywhere; if nobody is running stop signs, speeding or switching lanes without a blinker, how will they find the drugs in their cars?

Another good one is when the driver doesn't have their license. That's like 90% of the stops!

On 2/26/2018 at 2:54 PM, stillhere1900 said:

What happened to the women who refused to leave the bathroom in the convenience store ?  She finally came out after the female cop knocked on the door a few times and then she acted like she didn't know that the store clerk wanted her to leave.

She totally had an attitude

I think the last we saw of her she was outside in cuffs but I'm thinking they just let her go and I don't think they even trespassed her. 

On 2/26/2018 at 8:10 PM, Hero said:

Did anyone else see the canine Shep and his handler, from Pasco County, FL, take down 2 guys by going separate ways? Shep is such a cute dog.  

On 2/26/2018 at 8:45 PM, VartanFan said:

So this made me curious as to how a dog is trained if an officer isnt' there to tell them to stop.  Obviously this dog didn't keep attacking because the guy was able to grab him by the collar to keep him from biting him more.  But did the dog become less aggressive after awhile or did the guy just get enough adrenaline to kick the dog off of him? I want to know how that dog didn't tear him to shreds!

• Love 1

I think a lot of these bathroom-hoggers are drug users with no other private place to use. The manager of my local grocery store told me that he had to repeatedly bang on the store's bathroom door to force a woman to leave last week. He thought she'd been using. She walked in and headed straight to the bathroom, stayed in there for about 20 minutes, then left the store.

• Love 2
On 3/4/2018 at 11:06 AM, Brattinella said:

I loved the turkey!  So did Dan Abrams!  I had to rewind it so hubby could see Mr Turkey in all his glory, such a tame bird.

I cracked up at Dan's reaction to the turkey. He was so shocked and amused.

Those two old guys in Nye who were fighting over late rent and utilities made me laugh. Especially when the one was signing the papers and his pants fell down. He was so crotchety. I miss K Law!

• Love 4

100th episode and too much El Paso and Nye County...and too little Pasco and Richland. 

It really seems like Marquez just escalates every situation he’s in.  I mean, that guy who beat his own head was an asshole but Marquez just needles these guys.  Also the taller bald guy from Slidell...he’s also a thumbs down for me.  

I don’t understand why they choose to blur some faces.  IT’s weird because it’s obviously not due to request from the potential criminals.  We always see them saying - get that camera off me and camera person  stays on them.  So what compels Live PD to blur some people??

• Love 2
48 minutes ago, VartanFan said:

100th episode and too much El Paso and Nye County...and too little Pasco and Richland. 

It really seems like Marquez just escalates every situation he’s in.  I mean, that guy who beat his own head was an asshole but Marquez just needles these guys.  Also the taller bald guy from Slidell...he’s also a thumbs down for me.  

I don’t understand why they choose to blur some faces.  IT’s weird because it’s obviously not due to request from the potential criminals.  We always see them saying - get that camera off me and camera person  stays on them.  So what compels Live PD to blur some people??

They blur faces on reruns; they don't when it is live.  If the people being photographed don't sign a release, they can't show faces (I think they only can do this if they are innocent).

• Love 2

I’m so glad they didn’t spend the whole night glued to Levrette like I fear. Dude is so boring & just repeats himself. He lists off every drug then tries to sound like a badass when it’s revealed what drug it was, like he just cracked some code. He’s like a male version Nancy grace blabbing rambling on waiting for an accusation to stick then feeling victorious once one of his 100x options became true.

I like Zendejas but it’s like they’re trying to make her the season 2 Casey,always making sure to mention how “odd” the people she encounters are. Most of the times I forget I’m watching an officer when she’s on because she seems to be doing more socializing then actual police work. 

I have no need at all to purchase a Shed but not gonna lie for a price of $150 I could consider it. But then again I'm smart enough to know when something is “too good to be true”

Lots of “it’s not my jacket!” Excuses tonight. The guy in Richland had no idea the Jacket he “borrowed” had a jar in the pocket with a weed smell inside. Yeah sure. How stupid can you be? Pretty sure most of us would notice the weight of a glass jar in our pockets instantly. 

Or his comment “ I looked first to make sure the jacket had nothing illegal inside before wearing it!” 

Once again something we all do naturally 

Edited by Hellohappylife
  • Love 3

Oh, lord. Nye County is home to some lunatics, isn't it? The drone-owning, anti-government hoarder was a big old piece of work and I was worried that he was coming out of his garage with a shotgun to start killing everyone in sight for being "on his property." Dude, your "property" is a slovenly hellscape of horror that no one would be visiting save for the fact that you're using a drone to terrorize your neighbor. But it seems invading someone else's property is OK with you? I still can't believe that scene didn't end in gunfire. 

Once again Kevin Lawrence handles querulous bystanders like a pro and calms everyone down. No doubt that in this situation being black helped. (The parents' complaints of racial profiling.)

I got tickled at the start of the show, seeing Tom wearing his fancy shirt, smiling and working the camera angle. He's having so much fun with this show.

The endless arguing with citizens would get on my last damn nerve.  Hate watching it too.

We're seeing a lot of broke down people - old, not enough money, ill - and I don't like Dan & Company making snarky remarks. There's a lot of misery out there.

I FFed through Levrette. Nails on a chalkboard to me.

After Marquez sprinted to get into his car I wondered if he'd have a cardiac event.

• Love 4