Type keyword(s) to search

On Patrol: Live - General Discussion

• Start Topic

The guy blurted out something about how his Grandma thought Leverette was stuck up when he was young.

That was very interesting. The guy was accusing Leverette of harassing his elderly grandmother at another time. Said Leverette "shone a flashlight in her eyes." I was left with the impression that there was a larger story - that Leverette encountered grandma during a traffic stop and did his overbearing thing and upset the grandma. Of course, for all we know, maybe she was driving around without license, insurance, registration...like half the clowns we see on this show.

Leverette was taken aback. I wonder if it's dawning on him how he appears.

Agree that McElwain is a Leverette-in-training.

I hope that the little fundraising thing for the long-haired homeless man from last week does some good.

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Love 3

Zendejas was kind of over the top with the guy she stopped for walking in the street. She had an instant bad attitude with him. If he was walking in the street, just give him a warning and let him go. She prolonged the situation and escalated.

As soon as that guy said that Leverette was a jerk and "shone a light in his 76 year old grandma's face," Levertte looked nervous and quickly walked away before the guy can say anything else. 

Leverette has to have many complaints against him. He loves to be in control, and that can be very dangerous. He acts like such a dick to everyone he meets. 

If I ever got stopped by him, I would just tell him to arrest me so he can just shut the fuck up already. He literally bores people to death, that they just admit to anything so they don't have to hear his incessant talking. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Hero said:

Leverette has to have many complaints against him. He loves to be in control, and that can be very dangerous. He acts like such a dick to everyone he meets. 

If I ever got stopped by him, I would just tell him to arrest me so he can just shut the fuck up already. He literally bores people to death, that they just admit to anything so they don't have to hear his incessant talking. 

I agree, as people do have a right to not gush and kiss an officers ass if they are stopped.  That whole stop was determined by Leverett and his pompous arrogant personality.  That is such bullshit, so yes I would also say just arrest me and STFU. 

I would of fired him for last nights behavior, but an episode from around a month ago is still bothering me. He crossed a line and should of been fired, then charged for sexual harassment.  He was doing his "act" for a female, then turned it into a guessing game of which boob were the drugs hidden behind.   WTF?

Of course if his dept. thinks he is the officer to be shown on national tv, then that doesn't say much about TPTB.    Bunch of ignorant yahoo's.

Edited by Cherrio
  • Love 4

The only problem I see with demanding to be arrested immediately, so as not to be forced to listen to his twaddle is:  Leverett and McElwain would simply continue to talk until they are finished.  That is their first goal, to be on camera during an uninterrupted monologue.  They both need to be taken off TV.

• Love 2
18 minutes ago, Cherrio said:

He was doing his "act" for a female, then turned it into a guessing game of which boob were the drugs hidden behind.   WTF?

I had forgotten about that incident, but YES he did guess which boob had the drugs!  Truly that is sexual harassment under Color of Authority.

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, Brattinella said:

The only problem I see with demanding to be arrested immediately, so as not to be forced to listen to his twaddle is:  Leverett and McElwain would simply continue to talk until they are finished.  That is their first goal, to be on camera during an uninterrupted monologue.  They both need to be taken off TV.

While I totally agree with you about the officers, I think its great they are being exposed on national tv. This way, hopefully they will be fired. Can you imagine how long Levertt and others have been getting away scot free with they way they treat people? I have no doubt that many innocent people have been mistreated, heck even the guilty have rights.

For instance last night the guy walking in the street? He said he was trying to figure out which way to head. Its a fair answer and that officer imo had no right to detain or search him.

• Love 3
43 minutes ago, Cherrio said:

For instance last night the guy walking in the street? He said he was trying to figure out which way to head. Its a fair answer and that officer imo had no right to detain or search him.

Seriously.  Jaywalking.  In my younger days when I had no car, and it was night time, I used to walk down the center of my block.  There were sidewalks, but I had a much larger field of vision in the middle.  That guy was walking down his neighborhood street, and there was NO probable cause at all!

• Love 3

Leverett disgusted me once again last night. I usually like Zendejas, but she escalated the situation with the jaywalker last night.

The whole encounter between Bermudez (?) and the cray border patrol wannabe dude made me snicker. "The van comes by every day and drops off illegal aliens?" The officer had the patience of a saint with that guy.

Edited by kittyglitter
  • Love 4

That faux border patrol guy didn't want to say why he thought those people were "illegal aliens," then it meant having to say they may look like the officer that was speaking with him. He was a racist piece of shit. He looked like an idiot on national tv. 

• Love 2

I saw that Zendejas stop and was surprised at how aggressive she got with that guy. The anger showing in her face and her body language was scary. There were times she looked like she might lunge at him. It was worrying and really bizarre at the same time.

• Love 4

I just watched this show for the first time last night and saw two Pasco guys reviving an OD...and I think the same guy dealt with a drug stop (that wasn’t p[ositive for drugs) on the live show.  

ETA:  His name is Pini, I think (with K9 Yogi). And while I still think he’s pretty hot, he needs to lay off the eyebrow grooming. I really hate severely groomed eyebrows on men. 

Edited by VartanFan
  • Love 1

I watched this show for the first time last night and was stunned to see that the cop in El Paso had to ask numerous colleagues before finding one that spoke Spanish.  How is being bilingual not a requirement there?!?!?

• Love 3
53 minutes ago, VartanFan said:

I watched this show for the first time last night and was stunned to see that the cop in El Paso had to ask numerous colleagues before finding one that spoke Spanish.  How is being bilingual not a requirement there?!?!?

I don't understand that, either.  Seems like it would be a handicap to not be bilingual there.

• Love 2

Call my momma, call my momma, call my momma, call my momma, call my momma. 

That guy that pulled over and got the little kids from the side of the road in El Paso is a hero. 

The 20 year old kid who got a DUI seemed like a brat but he's still young. Hopefully this is a good lesson for him

• Love 4

In the past, we have talked about the delay in the airing of incidents on this show but Friday night started out with just about a five-minute delay.  The chase started in the next country a little before 9.  I live less than a 5-minute drive from that county (driving at the speed limit).  As a matter of fact, the exit, entrance ramps and the bridge that Laureano are the same ones I travel every day.  BTW, the drive of the car has been charged with attempted murder.

Leverette is such a prick, really wish they would drop him.

A big thank you to the man that spotted those two children walking and stopped.  

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, MaggieG said:

Call my momma, call my momma, call my momma, call my momma, call my momma. 

That guy that pulled over and got the little kids from the side of the road in El Paso is a hero. 

The 20 year old kid who got a DUI seemed like a brat but he's still young. Hopefully this is a good lesson for him

Mommy and daddy are probably paying for the apartment he is living in too.  He's not even in school, Lt. Brown asked him if he was going to USC and he said no.

Momma's not going to be able to get him out of the trouble he got himself into when he kicked or stomped the K9 deputy.  RCSD showed a lot of restraint towards the sister.  She was really trying to escalate the problem.

• Love 4

Hilarious !!

I am at my dentist's office for a cleaning. I am deathly afraid of going, even though I know I will be ok.  I just get ridiculous, so I get nitrous (laughing gas) to take the edge off.

I always ask to make sure they stop the nitrous and run some oxygen thru to clear my head before I go.  I tell the hygenist you never know these days I could be loopy and get stopped by LivePD.   

So, I pull out of the office, come to the big intersection and who is there?  LivePD !  At first it just looked like a lot of deputies, but I look closer and see 2 camera guys. I even saw them filming one of the talking head segments. There were so many cop cars I could not see what actually happened.   It is a very big crew it seems or else something really bad happened. I did see 2 medical trucks heading in that direction as I was heading home.

Exciting to see.

• Love 4
On 1/27/2018 at 3:21 PM, Cherrio said:

That was super weird... she even repeated multiple times when telling the story that he was just 'crossing the road'. 

So people can't be walking at night and not be considered a suspicious person?  Some people work late... and they have to walk home!

• Love 1
30 minutes ago, MaggieG said:

@Cherrio very cool! If you don't mind me asking, what PD is is and did you see any familiar faces?

I want to remain mysterious, hope you understand.  I know its obnoxious, but I am very careful these days about info.

Yes I did see a very familiar face, an officer I like a lot.    

If they run it as an earlier in the week segment maaaaybe I will tell. 

• Love 1

Props to the camera guy for running and jumping the fence in Richland County when that guy ran from the police. I doubt that I would be able to do that. Mastrianni is so fast. 

• Love 7

Maybe it’s just me but the “shoplifting” scene in the Cell phone store wasn’t right or fair to the guy

Being someone who has worked in Loss prevention,there wasn’t any real proof that he stole the display phone

- The guy never left the store with the merchandise,so he never stole it. 

- The video security showed he never once even put it in his pocket,so again, he didn’t steal anything.

We can’t stop anyone & tell them they’re shoplifting unless they leave the store with our stuff or put merchandise in their pockets/clothes. It’s a huge no no & can result in lawsuits for our company. Any of our LP who does this is automatically fired. 

His story of playing with the display & it accidentally breaks he hides the phone in the store  to avoid getting yelled at.  Makes more sense,I see this behavior all the time,especially by children who are left alone while mom/ dad is off shopping.

What’s worse is the guy had to have this situation broadcasted Live,when in my opinion he stole nothing,if I were him I would Cancel my cell phone service by that company. 

Edited by Hellohappylife
  • Love 1
51 minutes ago, Hellohappylife said:

Maybe it’s just me but the “shoplifting” scene in the Cell phone store wasn’t right or fair to the guy

Being someone who has worked in Loss prevention,there wasn’t any real proof that he stole the display phone

- The video security showed he never once even put it in his pocket,so again, he didn’t steal anything.

We can’t stop anyone & tell them they’re shoplifting unless they leave the store with our stuff or put merchandise in their pockets/clothes. It’s a huge no no & can result in lawsuits for our company. Any of our LP who does this is automatically fired. 

His story of playing with the display & it accidentally breaks he hides the phone in the store  to avoid getting yelled at.  Makes more sense,I see this behavior all the time,especially by children who are left alone while mom/ dad is off shopping.

What’s worse is the guy had to have this situation broadcasted Live,when in my opinion he stole nothing,if I were him I would Cancel my cell phone service by that company. 

I really think he should sue.  He didn't steal a thing! 

Did anyone else see where Leverette won't be back till sometime in April?  Guess they finally listened to the fans.

I am impressed by the cam op that had the misfortunate of having to run with Mastriani.

• Love 5
20 hours ago, Hellohappylife said:

But did he actually tell them that's why he hid it?  I thought that was the most probable answer too but he had sat there for how long being accused of stealing the phone and never once told them "well.... I actually hid it over there because I thought I broke it..." UNTIL the cop was told they have proof of the kid being the last one to handle it.  And I never heard him say he hid it because he thought he would get in trouble.  And hiding it at the cash registers is really kind of weird.

But I don't think the store could have charged him with anything even though they said they chose not to. 

• Love 3
21 hours ago, Hellohappylife said:

I don’t buy his story for one minute. He clearly ripped the phone off the security device and secreted it near the front so he could grab it on the way out. I have NO sympathy for him, thieves should have their identity known so people can look out for them.

He simply got caught before he could leave the store. Doesn’t mean he still wasn’t going to steal the phone. I hate that stores have such little power when dealing with thieves. So many times they can’t do a damn thing even when it’s clear to everyone that shoplifting is occurring. 

• Love 6
19 minutes ago, QuinnInND said:

Women literally pees and shits on the highway and we get two closeups of it. What the hell is going on?? 

I think its a good decision I made to watch the Men's Final in skating tonight. :)

• Love 3

How the HELL did we get to this point, where a man who breaks into 2 cars deserves to get dogpiled by a half dozen cops, beaten and tased and brutalized?  Do you all think this is an acceptable level of violence??  I am pretty sure cops USED to be constrained to a level of force commensurate with the threat? 

Edited by Brattinella
  • Love 2
7 minutes ago, Brattinella said:

How the HELL did we get to this point, where a man who breaks into 2 cars deserves to get dogpiled by a half dozen cops, beaten and tased and brutalized?  Do you all think this is an acceptable level of violence??  I am pretty sure cops USED to be constrained to a level of force commensurate with the threat? 

I’m watching that part now and I’m just in shock at that scene.  Yes I know The was doing wrong but wow the force they used was way too much,they literally attacked him with the dog,and then they all jump on the guy then taze him/punching while he’s lying still,pushing his face in head into the ground. 10 freaking cops against one guy. 

Im usually someone who is always on the cops side,but that was just so hard to watch. The guy never said a word and had a blank sad stare the whole time,then They show him in the car & you see a few tears coming. 

• Love 2

I hate McElwain.  He's so annoying with his long, ass winded lectures. 

He started to engage inappropriately with the suspect, responding to the suspect's verbal aggression with a shouted "Come get me." Then he seemed to think better of it and retreated into acceptable cop speak. I think McElwain has to learn to control his angry and frustrated impulses.

At one point the suspect stated something like "it's clear I'm mentally ill," and I wondered if we were looking at a mental meltdown fueled by spice or meth or alcohol. But he wasn't slurring his words. As we watched him I thought "Frat Guy Gone Bad in the Suburbs." Also, he's an apparently middle-class white guy who brandished what might have been a weapon but didn't get shot.

Whereas law enforcement aggression towards the young black car burglar was over the top. I guess that since he was fighting with one officer initially, and possibly about to get dangerous control of the situation, they all came piling in, adrenaline flowing. Then it got out of hand (in my opinion).

I also think the El Paso cop's behavior toward the drunken bar patron with the long braid (Pueblo Indian?) was provocative and escalated the situation. He should have called for the cab much sooner, instead of engaging in an annoyed conversation. Drunks often ratchet up the aggression when challenged verbally. Isn't this the cop who has argued with other people in other episodes?

It was nice to have the Lawrence/Mastrianni palate cleanser that brought my blood pressure down.

• Love 4

Lawrence & Mastrianni (and the whole Richland) Crew are just awesome to watch.

They’re Calm & Respectful even if someone is doing wrong. They actually listen to people’s stories & give them a chance without having a shitty attitude or the “I’m the boss” persona some other officers have. They do their job & move on. They don’t stand around high-fiving each other & gossiping shit about the arrested person and laughing at them. 

Pasco & Pinal do it a lot and it gets on my nerves. It’s childish. 

If they stop following Richland then I probably wouldn’t even watch anymore.

Edited by Hellohappylife
  • Love 5
21 hours ago, Cherrio said:
21 hours ago, QuinnInND said:

Women literally pees and shits on the highway and we get two closeups of it. What the hell is going on?? 

I think its a good decision I made to watch the Men's Final in skating tonight. :)

See, I read that and thought, dang! I should have taped the Men's Final! But...

19 hours ago, Brattinella said:

...now I'm glad I didn't. I'd also like to know how we've reached that point in society where that is considered an acceptable response to a, what should be considered, minor offense? I just...can't. 

I still much prefer COPS as the high point of this series so far, to me, was the Pasco County lady who found the pig in her backyard and later chose to adopt it. 

On 4/17/2017 at 9:13 PM, Lisin said:

I'm still laughing at the comment he read on air last week (I think?) where some viewer said his sweater made him look like he had moobs. 

This viewer is quite astute, I'd say! He has moobs in everything he wears. 

I don't even know how that's possible as I feel every time I see him, I want to throw sandwiches at the TV and yell, "Eat something, Skeletor!" 

1 hour ago, Giant Misfit said:

See, I read that and thought, dang! I should have taped the Men's Final! But...

...now I'm glad I didn't. I'd also like to know how we've reached that point in society where that is considered an acceptable response to a, what should be considered, minor offense? I just...can't. 

I still much prefer COPS as the high point of this series so far, to me, was the Pasco County lady who found the pig in her backyard and later chose to adopt it. 

I think that every cop in the city responded because of tv.  I was furious the way they treated that guy. But, then it is the deep south.  

Wasn't the first time something like that has happened.  

I could watch a show with just Richland County.  

• Love 1
2 hours ago, howiveaddict said:

I think that every cop in the city responded because of tv. 

I kind of thought that's what happened tonight in -- was it Slidell? -- where like 10 cops and a K9 unit showed up to help facilitate the arrest of a guy who had a crack pipe. 

I did really wanted to see what the geezer in the lounge chair was fighting about with his 16-hours-in-bed-a-day wife but they never went back to that story. Apparently, he's on the 911 frequent customer roster so maybe they'll return next week. 

10 hours ago, Hellohappylife said:

I wouldn’t mind seeing that Richland officer again that helped those people in the cold get gas and fix their battery. He was cute!

Yep, that officer helping those people was the highlight of the night, for sure.  Good on you, Officer!

• Love 2
15 hours ago, Giant Misfit said:

This viewer is quite astute, I'd say! He has moobs in everything he wears. 

I don't even know how that's possible as I feel every time I see him, I want to throw sandwiches at the TV and yell, "Eat something, Skeletor!" 

?? I laughed so hard when he read that tweet live. He does have moobs, but is so skinny.